Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Authy

(25 reviews)

Two-Factor Authentication smartphone app for consumers, simplest 2fa Rest API for developers and a strong authentication platform for the enterprise.

Work for Authy?

Learning about Authy?

Authy Reviews

Ask Authy a Question
Showing 25 Authy reviews
Authy review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Best secondary authentication on the market"

What do you like best?

Authy combines ease of use with the most consumer & business friendly two-factor authentication on all my devices.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about authy. From a cybersecurity standpoint it has some failures when compared to competitor applications, but it really makes up for those shortcomings with its widespread approach to being usable on all devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Authy will allow users of any technical expertise to enjoy the benefits of two factor authentication. It's supported by the majority of websites that offer two-factor account security, however it might not meet the highest of security standards because it is still reliant on a phone number (and hence users could fall victim to phone number hijacking/social engineering, which would only apply in specifically targeted & criminal situations). Authy works on all major browsers, and mobile devices for a seamless experience no matter where you work from.

Authy allows me to enjoy heightened account security across both my professional & personal life.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Authy

"Convenient Authorization"

What do you like best?

I like that the app comes as a desktop application as well as browser extension for easy access.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to click several times to authorize certain sites. I feel that it should be a one click process. Currently, I have to click the Authy icon/app and then click the website that I would like to authenticate which generates a unique password that I then have to enter on the website. I don't like having to switch between screens to complete this process. It would be ideal to remove several of these steps and make it more of a fluid experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your options. Authy is a user friendly app that is straightforward in it's approach. It is simplistic and gets the job done without any extra and unnecessary features.

Our company uses Authy to generate access codes into high security websites that we use to serve our customers.

What Multi-Factor Authentication solution do you use?

Authy review by Maxim A.
Maxim A.

"Rough around the edges but still good"

What do you like best?

Mobile-first, but has a Mac app. No need to go grab your phone when logging in on a computer.

Accounts are easy to add and manage. There’s an option to backup account and quickly set up a new device in case the old one is replaced or lost.

What do you dislike?

Mac and iPad apps feel unfinished, but get the work done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have many accounts with two-factor authentication it might be tedious to migrate to a new code generator app, but it’s worth the effort in the long term.

Authy helps protect my personal and business accounts with two-factor authentication.

Authy review by Sagar S.
Sagar S.

"Perfect app to store keys"

What do you like best?

I like how I can access the keys even if I don't have access to my primary phone or laptop. I can just sign into Authy and get access to the keys.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the user interface. I think it can be improved to give a good feeling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Last time I lost my phone and I had a very big problem getting access to my keys back. Now I don't have to worry about such problems.

I'm using Authy to store keys for different accounts. It has become a very good alternative to Google Authenticator.

Authy review by Tom B.
Tom B.

"Awesome replacement for Google Authenticator"

What do you like best?

Access to authenticator codes on multiple devices, backups in the cloud so your codes are never lost if you lose access to a phone (as long as you've verified the device beforehand), and the support for 3rd party authenticators (google, etc)

What do you dislike?

There's not much wrong with this app, but if I had to say something bad about it it'd be that there's not as much security on the mobile app as I'd like in terms of the iOS 10 widget. Yeah, something that you don't even have to have enabled!

Also, it'd be good to get codes direct from the iOS notification rather than having to open up the app. It'd shave off even more time, and it's definitely something to consider!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want convenience and peace of mind with your 2factor codes, then switch right away.

Saves having to always have my phone at my side or having to unlock it. I can just use the Chrome extension and get my Authy and Google Auth codes so much faster.

Authy review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"An Abhorrent Service"

What do you like best?

The concept is fine, it's lightweight and not a particularly intrusive process.

What do you dislike?

Horrible support staff, horrible user interface. It's a small company and if you can even get through the website to request assistance, the people who come to help will be woefully insufficient. They're a small company that will only be contactable through email and they give you the typical 'I'm sorry I'm not able to do that' run-around despite providing literally every required bit of information.

If you lose your phone, expect to lose everything attached to it forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not put any valuable information on this service. If there's ever a compromised phone, email, computer, etc. there is far too clunky of a service with horrid customer support. If it's just for casual passwords online with no personal stake involved, it's merely sufficient.

Otherwise, hard pass.

The app's support technician Eduardo so politely spoke in circles, did not offer help and has consciously closed tickets after 3 months of trying to regain access to a partnered Twitch account and linked 8 year old Twitter account. Their website doesn't work and won't allow you to merge your accounts, change phone numbers and despite offering the ability, they have done precisely nothing but take money out of a customers pocket by refusing to provide their own mission-statement of keeping accounts secure. A phone number was discontinued for severe privacy concerns, and the account that holds all your information, passwords, emails, etc. will not allow you to change any information or access your services.

I absolutely recommend using an encrypted service alternative to Authy. The company is too all-inclusive and disgustingly negligent with their already small customer base.

Authy review by David M.
David M.

"Excellent Two-factor authentication app; superior to Google Authenticator"

What do you like best?

This app covers both desktop and mobile access to a two-factor code/key generation for added security for websites and services. While Authy has competitors, this dual-platform approaches makes it possible to get the secure login info at the touch of a mouse click or finger tap on a screen. You add in password/code data can be backed with a secure universal PIN/Password combo, and support for multiple devices; a win-win scenario emerges.

What do you dislike?

The need to have to have two-factor authentication in the first place. As to the product itself, the occasion duplication of site data and the extremely random loss of pass-codes in their entirety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have a list of websites, that you have activated two-factor authentication and emergency backup codes for those sites. Be mindful if you need to temporary deactivate two-factor authentication , to switch between authentication apps/ SMS texts.

As to problems being solved, it is the potential reduction in having personally-identifying information hacked, illegal purchases being reduced, and an added layer of to augment server-side security. The benefits speak for themselves, plus added peace of mind.

Authy review by Le T.
Le T.

"The secure, modern and very easy to use for a 2-step verification method"

What do you like best?

- Easy to recover my added account when I reset my phone or devices

- Has a extension for chrome browser

- Time for password is countdown

- Press copy button on the app to copy token code

- Support master password to secure token on device

- It is FREE service

What do you dislike?

- I must to choose an account to view token. We can not view all token for all account at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

2-step authentication is must-have nowadays to save your account secure.

Authy is top of the world app to support you from preventing thieves trying to access your account for many services.

I have using Authy to many my paid services account, and I never got problem with my account anymore.

Enable to my services like: CloudFlare, BitBucket. Now I believe that without authy, no thieves can login to my account even they know my account password.

Authy review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Two-factor authentication made easy on multiple devices"

What do you like best?

The ability to use two-factor authentication across multiple accounts, on multiple devices, including my laptop and mobile devices.

On iOS, it's also possible to add it to the Today screen, where it shows the current values if the phone's unlocked - this makes it even quicker and easier to log into things.

What do you dislike?

The fact that, on the iOS Today screen, the current numbers across all accounts can briefly be seen if a user has previously used this screen in unlock mode but subsequently locked it. Whilst the view updates itself to its default locked state quite quickly, I'd still be happier if it didn't show anything by default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you set a master password on the desktop app (Chrome plugin), so that nobody can access it if your machine is compromised.

Making two-factor authentication for business applications and administration roles, such as Microsoft Azure, an easier sell to users, including those without mobile devices. When users find it easier to use technology such as this without it slowing them down, they're more inclined to use it, which improves security all-round.

Authy review by Jeff E.
Jeff E.

"Bulletproof Two-Factor authentication"

What do you like best?

When my organization stepped up its security game, I had literally dozens of accounts that needed two-factor authentication. I used Google Authenticator at first, but had the misfortune of switching phones — and losing my authenticator setup — midway through that process.

After some investigation, Authy proved much safer: I can use multiple devices for authentication in emergencies, setup is just as simple, and locking out a device when i stop using it is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

The actual UX for Authy's iPhone app leaves a lot to be desired. It relies heavily on provider icons (Google, GitHub, Slack, etc) but if you have many accounts with the same provider it takes careful reading and flipping through accounts to find the right one. I have a different slack account with every one of my 10 clients, and even though Authy simplifies it, I'm glad that 2FA isn't required EVERY time I connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely better than Google Authenticator, but it has room for improvement.

Increased security through two factor auth, with less risk of catastrophic lock-out when changing phones.

Authy review by Administrator

"Authy For AWS console multi factor authentication"

What do you like best?

I am using the Authy android app for MFA. No lag in the app version,

Easy set up of account.

It can integrate with other application for MFA also.

What do you dislike?

backup of app and account deletion from the console.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No only AWS, you can use Authy for Multiple software solutions.

Ease of access and easy to install Authy.

Authy is a good MFA authentication tool.

We are using the Authy android app for MFA for AWS console login. With the help of the app, we can make sure AWS login can be secured.

Authy review by Michel H.
Michel H.

"The best 2FA Verifier"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. As the end user, I just click the app, click the logo, and read the 2FA code. It's awesome. The way you can switch devices too is great, and it works awesome.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes it does not give you enough time to read and enter the 2FA code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, it is absolutely great, but make sure you have a back-up text or e-mail 2FA option in case their phone is dead, or they just can't log in.

User Authentication, and Security being solved with 2FA

Authy review by Fatima P.
Fatima P.

"My Experience using Authy"

What do you like best?

I love it has the ability to use two-factor authentication across multiple accounts, mobile devices, also including my laptop.

Free Service.

Super safe.

Time for the password is a countdown, and it is long enough.

Backups in the cloud.

Super easy to use

What do you dislike?

There's not much wrong with this app, its simple, fast and secure. Works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its perfect!, Easy to use, secure and simple.

Increased security through two-factor auth, with almost no risk of lock-out when changing phones.

Authy review by Parker R.
Parker R.

"Barely use it, but it works well"

What do you like best?

* Mobile app is slick

* Minimal features

* QR code scanner works well

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. It does one thing and does it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple and does 2 factor authentication. No complaints at all as long as they don't change anything with it.

2 factor authentication for Github. => Additional security.

Authy review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"The Best Free Mobile Authenticator"

What do you like best?

Authy is excellent for use on multiple devices, backups online, and does a better job at authentication than other 3rd party apps. The iOS Widget is easy to use as well, and makes the app more accessible, which has helped our users adopt the system.

What do you dislike?

The app identifies providers heavily with icons, and if you have multiple accounts on the same system, then this makes it a little difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly consider if you need to use 2FA, and especially if you need to integrate 2FA to your applications.

HIPAA Compliance.

Authy review by User

"Authy helps me manage two factor auth well."

What do you like best?

I like that it's cross platform with browser plugins so I can use it on all my devices.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the browser integration isn't strong enough to auto-detect two factor auth challenges to automatically add them to Authy.

I'm focused on security and Authy has helped me keep myself secure and I recommend it to my users to keep them secure as well.

Authy review by Jack C.
Jack C.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

It is straight forward and easy to use especially the organized codes in the phone app.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about it.

Added security layer for logging in to different systems.

Authy review by User in Security and Investigations
User in Security and Investigations

"This should be in everyone's app list"

What do you like best?

I love how all of your tokens are backed up. If you loose or change devices or have multiple devices all of your tokens are safe. This of this as a password manager for your two-factor authorizations.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything. It has always worked flawlessly and has never failed. Changing devices was a breeze.

Solves piece of mind knowing that two-factor authorization is easy to implement and safe that you won't loose control of a account because of the backups.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to access all my 2FA codes, and I don't need my phone.

What do you dislike?

The app can look a bit inelegant at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Computer app is more sleek than the phone app, start with that.

Logging in to business accounts without compromising security.

Authy review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Optimising security"

What do you like best?

The speed of the workflow while working with authy (in iOs and Mac OS X)

What do you dislike?

They need to release an adapted version for the iPad (now it's just a zoomed in app).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's powerful and light. You will increase the security of your devices using the two-factor authentication.

Security and speed

Authy review by User in Financial Services

"Super easy way to stay secure "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. All you need is your cell number and then it's all done for you!

What do you dislike?

I wish I could use it for more things such as Facebook

It helps with our security

Authy review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Very reliable... I have never had an issue with the app or extension"

What do you like best?

The fact that Authy has accessibility to be used for multiple applications.

What do you dislike?

the constant inquiring for a master password..... my desktop is already locked with one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitley give it a try... it make all my logins very easy.

Just the security that it provides with the pass code generation. I has simplified our usage for MFA.

Authy review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Perfect to TFA"

What do you like best?

Authy is the best Two Factor Authentication (TFA) manager I've ever used. It has plugins for my desktop browsers, an app for my phone, and it even includes a widget for Android devices.

What do you dislike?

It does not include a Windows phone app -- my work phone runs Windows, so I cannot use it for any of my work accounts.

TFA increases personal and corporate security by making it much more difficult for credentials to be stolen.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

The Chrome Extension is amazing. Really helpful since I dont have to rely on phone now.

What do you dislike?

Whenever I open the chrome extension, I first have to enter a "Master Password". Waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Authentication.

Authy review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy and quick"

What do you like best?

No frills, simple multifactor authentication

What do you dislike?

Text on mobile widget is too small, app sometimes crashes

Increased security using multifactor authentication

Learning about Authy?

* We monitor all Authy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Authy