AutoCAD Civil 3D

AutoCAD® Civil 3D® civil engineering design software is a civil design and documentation solution that supports Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows.

Work for AutoCAD Civil 3D?

Learning about AutoCAD Civil 3D?

AutoCAD Civil 3D Reviews

Showing 107 AutoCAD Civil 3D reviews
AutoCAD Civil 3D review by <span>Julio A R.</span>
Julio A R.

"The recommendations I can give to others regarding the use of autocad civil 3d is the assurance of t"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Autocad civil 3d is the approach of the projects from the topography, earthworks, parcelling, spaces for roads, housing and urbanization pipes, which greatly accelerates project execution times and reduces budget margins close to zero, everything in this program, excellent

What do you dislike?

There are very few things that I do not like about the Autocad civil 3d, among them are the large number of pre-established layers for the execution of projects, however they are editable, for this we must be very attentive to the work being done

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, the recommendations I can give to others regarding the use of autocad civil 3d is the assurance of the specifications that are introduced in the terrain model, because when having a terrain with faults in the survey, there will be a problem in the result of urban project planning.

se han resuelto problemas en cuanto a las superficies de las parcelas de una urbanización para 40 viviendas, lo cual incluye las parcelas, vialidad y aceras, en venezuela. también se efectuó los perfiles para el trazado de una tubería de 72 pulgadas en un complejo hidroeléctrico en ecuador. se realizó una evaluación de sedimentación en canales de navegación en aguas bajas en ríos con temporadas de aguas bajas, lo cual incide en el dragado de los canales navegables. se utiliza constantemente la herramienta de gota de agua para determinar la descarga del agua en pendientes

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AutoCAD Civil 3D
AutoCAD Civil 3D review by <span>Nathan W.</span>
Nathan W.

"My experience has been smooth overall, but has some limitations. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy civil 3d is to use. While there are seemingly an unlimited number of commands, they are simplified by allowing the user to type them into the command bar instead of searching endlessly through a menu. I am able to complete very complicated design and analysis all in one program thanks to the advanced computing of Civil3d.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how often the program seems to crash for my coworkers and I. It is almost daily that the program crashes without warning, risking losing work. This could be due to my computer, but it seems to happen to all of my coworkers and our machines. The issue isn't the crashing as much as it is the "fatal error" without warning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you asses if you really need Civil3d or if you can get by with regular autocad.

Design for roads, developments, commercial sites, and small residential jobs. I also use the program to generate traffic diagrams and I love how seamlessly Civil3d integrates with Microsoft Excel to allow me to connect my data across different programs.

What Civil Engineering Design solution do you use?

AutoCAD Civil 3D review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"AutoCAD Civil 3D"

What do you like best?

I like how much flexibility there is with how the user can accomplish things in general. There are multiple ways to do pretty much everything, and I am able to find what works best for me.

What do you dislike?

One thing in particular - you can't "demote" a data referenced object after promoting it. When I right-click on a data referenced object, "synchronize" is right next to "promote," and I have accidentally promoted objects with no way of undoing. Aside from that, there are some processes that could be programmed in a more intuitive way. I've also encountered some glitches that require me to close a drawing and re-open it, which wastes several minutes each time.

I generate civil engineering design plans - utilities, drainage, etc. The obvious benefit is not having to draw everything by hand anymore. Civil 3D and MicroStation are the industry standard at this point.

AutoCAD Civil 3D review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Only in the Name: Civil3D"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD has more superior on annotation function than other major CAD software.

What do you dislike?

Most of big companies are using it on the cloud and Civil3D is not design for the cloud. It need to be changed. In addition, AutoCAD Help is so not get to the point. For example, Google search is more easier than searching help in AutoCAD Help. It is like going inside of the maze. Autodesk knows what Civil Engineer does (You know the civil engineer's work flow), why CAD Help show how to do Profile, how to do grading, how to do surface, etc... Most importantly, even the professional Civl3D instructors who we hired to train us also lost in the process (steps).

We use AutoCAD Civil 3D to design subway train line, tunnel and underground train station. The benefit is Civil 3D get along with Revit which is our Architect use.

AutoCAD Civil 3D review by <span>Alex F.</span>
Alex F.

"Robust but Buggy"

What do you like best?

The versatility of the software is fantastic. You can have one file with multiple alignments, grading groups, drawings.

What do you dislike?

The setup of multiple sheets (pertaining to alignments) is convoluted and very painful. Point clouds are a fantastic addition to the program but when building large surfaces the program thins the data and doesn't use all the points. I don't mind this as using all the points would be taxing on a PC and make a file unusable, my problem is that it does this without telling the user. All that I'd like to see is a little warning triangle pop up on my screen telling me that the surface is large and not all points will be used. Or give me the option to force to use all the points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Formal training is most definitely required for this product. It has a very steep learning curve which can't be reached without a fair amount of training.

Industry standard for civil engineering. Most of our clients and contractors know Civil3D and we are able to exchange files with little difficulty.

AutoCAD Civil 3D review by <span>John T K.</span>
John T K.

"Civil 3D Tool"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool for anyone looking to get into Surveying/Engineering or further their design skills and shorten the design time with association of AutoCad Civil 3D software tools. Revisions are made quick, easy and efficiently. Examples like changing an alignment of a road, storm structure or any other alignment allows the profile to change along with the modifications made. If you have structures, corridors and labels associated they too will be adjusted as well. If you are looking for a great efficient and effective software for surveying and/or engineering, this is the one for you.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there are no such thing as a perfect tool/software and there are some down sides. The complexity of the software, things get embedded deep and are sometimes hard to find or remember where to find them for customization. Preferences there will always be, so if you are looking for a specific style or setup, I would suggest hiring an expert or get additional training in customizing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like anything new or different there is a learning curve, so I would recommend training or training software, find as many support groups. Especially sign up with Lynn Allen's blog, she is the AutoCAD Guru.

You have always heard the phrase, "Time is Money" and that is so true to any and all businesses. So, this is the effectiveness and more efficiently building and creation of the dynamics of AutoCAD Civil 3D objects. You are able to achieve the surveying/ engineering plans within half the time it take just using any old 2D CAD software. AutoCAD has made my life less stressful and more effective with great advancements in my career.

Learning about AutoCAD Civil 3D?

* We monitor all AutoCAD Civil 3D reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.