AutoCAD LT

Speed design documentation with the 2D drafting tools of AutoCAD LT software.

Work for AutoCAD LT?

Learning about AutoCAD LT?

AutoCAD LT Reviews

Ask AutoCAD LT a Question
Showing 87 AutoCAD LT reviews
AutoCAD LT review by <span>Libio L.</span>
Libio L.

"Excellent digitizer"

What do you like best?

It allows me to digitize plans quickly and safely, I can identify each element on the plane by creating its attributes individually. I can also associate the information with an existing database. Your final product is generally compatible with other CAD programs. For the cartographic production it is excellent, since I can easily manipulate all the symbols and regroup them on the map individually. I can create geometric figures keeping the independence between them. When I digitize maps I can differentiate each of the cartographic elements, I can digitize them with satellite images and with maps. I can use database and associate it with the elements of the map without altering the information. From the digitized data and the attributive information I can produce cartographic maps with excellent marginal information and complying with the basic norms for the creation of cartographic maps and plans at scales of anything that one wants to represent, such as pipes, houses, shopping centers, buildings, etc.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of memory on the computer for processing. The acquisition of the license is very expensive. It is portable to us. High performance computers are required to work comfortably. It does not allow the georeferencing of satellite images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and allows you to interact with the different elements for the production of cartographic and thematic information.

You can create maps for decision making

You can generate building plans quickly, in the same way you can design the plans of the houses complying with the established standards.

Generate scale plans for decision making regarding the creation of adequate housing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AutoCAD LT
AutoCAD LT review by <span>Jennifer B.</span>
Jennifer B.

"Head of the pack in CAD software "

What do you like best?

I like that I can create professional drafted documents quickly. I set up templates with all my layers set and layout sheets ready to go. Everytime I start a new drawing, I can just open up a template and it's all ready to go. I also love the different plot styles I can create to customize what certain colors and lines look like.

What do you dislike?

I think the hatch feature needs some tweaking. Often times the program won't hatch, thinking my lines don't meet up when in fact they do. Sometimes the dimension lines can interfere with the hatch reading the lines correctly.

AutoCAD LT allows me to draft elevations and floor plans, construction documents, electrical plans, and detail drawings. Our contractors use the drawings in order to build to our specifications.

What General-Purpose CAD solution do you use?

AutoCAD LT review by <span>Jacquelyne H.</span>
Jacquelyne H.

"Excellent program for landscape, layout designers"

What do you like best?

The price point for the functionality is excellent- less than $400/year for the program. I highly recommend taking advantage of the trial periods they offer before committing to purchasing the software.

What do you dislike?

Some less common functions aren't included in this lite version, such as "Burst". However, it works well enough that I haven't had any complaints. Those needing 3D functionality might need to spring for the full version though

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always tell people to make sure to use the trial version before committing to the software to make sure it provides all the functionality you need for your business.

It allows me to turn projects and changes around quickly, and allows me to estimate the amounts needed for projects quickly and easily.

AutoCAD LT review by <span>Jonathan A.</span>
Jonathan A.

"AutoCAD LT is the best design software available and its customizability is unmatched."

What do you like best?

Having the ability to customize tool palettes in order to isolate only the tools I need for my profession is an extremely helpful additive in a software which may initially be overwhelming to a new user. Additionally, one can simply begin typing a desired command in order to access quickly that which is needed, as opposed to attempting to find such tools or options elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

Having given the positives in the way I have chosen, I would still like to say that it takes a good amount of time to become comfortable with LT. The tools' uses may become overwhelming at times. Like most items in life, practice makes perfect, I suppose.

The ablility to quickly generate drawings through quick-access tools and the ability to convert these drawings to PDF seamlessly have allowed me to become very time-efficient in an increasingly busy market.

AutoCAD LT review by <span>Karen Z.</span>
Karen Z.

"AutoCAD Lt Review"

What do you like best?

For the most part, it acts and feels like the full version. You can import PDF underlays as well as use the Bing Geo locate maps. The hot key commands are helpful to work efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the LT version will freeze the computer after so many layers are added. This can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The LT version works well for most projects. Would recommend the LT version over the full version.

We use this for building footprints, land plot surveys, and in our environmental consulting projects. We are able to make professional maps and drawings to effectively portray our work.

AutoCAD LT review by <span>Jesse B.</span>
Jesse B.

"AutoCAD Review"

What do you like best?

The best thing about AutoCAD is how easy and simple the basics are to coordinate. The commands are pretty intuitive and easy to use. Isometric views are pretty simple to use and really allow for a lot more clarity of the details and views. AutoCAD is also very compatible and easy to share and copy to different applications such as excel or PDF files.

What do you dislike?

What hardest part about AutoCAD is the difficulty of the more technical commands. I find it quite a bit more difficult to draw isometric or 3D drawings. A few commands are difficult to coordinate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful with older versions of the product. Often when you save the formats they need to be saved in an older format so others can open the files.

We are designing thermometry for refinery plants, and use AutoCAD to draw out vessels, assemblies, and layouts. We use everything from simple 1D drawings to 3D views on inventor. The clarity is great and the visual affects you get are very helpful seeing how pieces go together.

Learning about AutoCAD LT?

* We monitor all AutoCAD LT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.