AutoCAD Map 3D

AutoCAD® Map 3D software provides access to GIS and mapping data to support planning, design, and data management.

Work for AutoCAD Map 3D?
Leader badge esri

Learning about AutoCAD Map 3D?

AutoCAD Map 3D Reviews

Showing 28 AutoCAD Map 3D reviews
AutoCAD Map 3D review by <span>Chris M.</span>
Chris M.

AutoCAD Map - Linking CAD to GIS

What do you like best?

I like the way I can combine Geo-spatial mapping with CAD.

What do you dislike?

I think that when editing shape files to create new amended data it is not as intuitive as other GIS packages (like QGIS or Global Mapper).

Recommendations to others considering the product

AutoCAD Map is an excellent solution for working with GIS Geo-spatial information in a CAD environment,

The ability to create Geo-referenced solutions and then to be able to add AEC CAD data to them is very beneficial from a business perspective.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AutoCAD Map 3D
AutoCAD Map 3D review by User

Nice software for professionals and beginners

What do you like best?

I use this software for 10+ years. Very intuitive tools and relativity easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Software has limitation of flexibility as ArcMap which I also use. If customer need dwg files I can convert mxd to dwg and back. AutoCAD crashes without reason relatively often. Better safe your edits consistently to avoid loosing data. Can not make profile for wastewater lines or any - you need to buy AutoCAD Civil 3D, because AutoCAD Map 3D is a part of Civil 3D.

I am using this software for utility data such as water, wastewater, street, transportation, irrigation, storm water and other infrastructure purposes.

What GIS solution do you use?

AutoCAD Map 3D review by <span>Doug M.</span>
Doug M.

AutoCAD Map

What do you like best?

I have been in drafting and design for 25+ years. I have used other platforms such as Microstation. The company I currently work for, also uses ESRI products for our GIS mapping. However, out of all of the drafting products that I have tried, ACAD is the most user friendly and easiest to use drafting software on the market. The interface is very logical. It is easy for even a newbie to figure out. like other AutoCAD products it is used friendly

What do you dislike?

The software crashes sometimes without any warning making it risky to lose data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product, as with most other AutoDesk Products

We use Map for Civil Engineering Projects, Using imported backgrounds for exhibits

AutoCAD Map 3D review by <span>Binayak R.</span>
Binayak R.

User friendly tool for awesome 3D mapping for amateurs.

What do you like best?

Now Autocad has everything in it. This makes me excited. This is the first software as a mechanical engineer/designer i learned and from then AutoCAD has transformed in a better way.

It has become more versatile.

The software has model-based GIS mapping capability that provides access to CAD and GIS data to support planning, design, and management.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

AutoCAD Map 3D is a must recommendation for the factory, plant layout for industries.

Access and manage GIS imagery, point cloud, and other data.

Helps in creating or modify data with powerful modeling tools.

Can create maps, and build topologies, factory , plant layouts.

AutoCAD Map 3D review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

Perfect for what I use it for

What do you like best?

The relative simplicity, as opposed to Civil, which has gone off the deep end, in my opinion. Sometimes it's just good to be able to create and edit drawings, and communicate them, without knowing everything in the universe about everything in the universe.

Map3D bridges the gap between a more complex 3D software I use; Vulcan, and the world of printing and sharing nice maps/diagrams.

What do you dislike?

The near impossibility to understand any of the 3D solid functions? I make 3D solids left and right and have no idea to translate them into Map3D. The "jargon used" for solids involves "rendering", "extrude faces" (wholly cow!), meshes, "faces-and-edges", NURBS (lol, again).

A solid is a solid or a triangulated set of faces, yes? A single face is not a solid, nor are several faces unless they have coincident points (triangles at least, eh? I noticed the meshes are triangles, eh?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it stops now and avoids the "train crash" that Civil has become. Please leave a single, useful, simple ACAD for those of us who need a drawing and mapping medium to accomplish real world tasks.

Transferring real data between software to get it to software that can be used, QUICKLY, to solve real world problems. I work in mining.

AutoCAD Map 3D review by <span>Mike H.</span>
Mike H.

New User, Familiar Interface

What do you like best?

I like that I can do most GIS activities and import SID, shp files to my existing Autocad files. Without needing an ESRI package.

What do you dislike?

It seems to crash and lockup sometimes, when loading large SID files. A few bugs in the 2017 version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great resource, in lue of ESRI products and a much lower cost. It will enable you to merge your GIS datasets into your exisitng Cad models, without relearning a new software.

Autocad GIS usage for an International Airport. Were behind the curve in implementing GIS, and this will suffice until we can on-board the ESRI products.

Learning about AutoCAD Map 3D?

* We monitor all AutoCAD Map 3D reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.