AutoCAD P&ID

AutoCAD® P&ID software helps designers and engineers quickly create and edit P&IDs with familiar AutoCAD in-context editing tools.

Work for AutoCAD P&ID?

Learning about AutoCAD P&ID?

AutoCAD P&ID Reviews

Showing 10 AutoCAD P&ID reviews
AutoCAD P&ID review by <span>Mitch K.</span>
Mitch K.

"Great Product, Highly Recommended and Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

It's a great program and very easy to use. Great support if any issues also. We have tried several other versions however Autocad has proven the best solution.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I particularly dislike. Price is higher than some however it really is the superior product, we would not consider using another program at this point in time. If they keep going in the upwards direction they are we won't have a need to either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go, with any program like this it does take time to get used to however this program will not disappoint. The feature sets available are better than any competing products we have seen or had experience with.

The program is better than competing products on the market we find and for the price we are very happy to continue using Autcad.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AutoCAD P&ID
AutoCAD P&ID review by <span>Atul Y.</span>
Atul Y.

"Great BIM Capabilities"

What do you like best?

This is a Great tool to develop P&IDs. It is user friendly, Intelligent and uses AutoCAD features which are very easy to use and understand. Due to its intelligent capabilities, user can generate various reports in less time.

Reports like Instrument list, Equipment list, PLC IO, valves are best.

being an Autodesk product, it is easy to interface with many other application which shares same platform.

What do you dislike?

One Big problem with AutoCAD P&ID is it can not be used in multi office environment. So all users of the software must be in same location in order to use it. this is very important for big global projects where users from many countries are working on same project simultaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool. with some customization this can solve most of your design issues.

Auto generation of reports.

Interface with other project packages for BIM.

What Other CAD solution do you use?

AutoCAD P&ID review by <span>Wes S.</span>
Wes S.

"AutoCAD "

What do you like best?

The accuracy, userinterface and features are very good. The ability to easily change line weights and scales is very important

What do you dislike?

Hatching is terrible. It takes ages to do and often the programme won't recognise an enclosed space. It needs a feature that quickly gives you a preview of the hatch while working to then render later. This is very important

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for 2D work, the 3D feature is terrible. Tbh I don't think anyone uses it so perhaps they could remove this feature

I'm a student so I do project proposals using AutoCAD. Without it I would have to draw by hand

AutoCAD P&ID review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"AutoCAD to the rescue"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD is one tool I use extensively in my job profile as a process engineer.. The feature I like the most is its ability to give me flexibility to show what ever kind of process flow and instrumentation as possible and then if it doesn't work for me then giving me the ability to readily change it and also look up good help

What do you dislike?

I dislike the print and the conversion facilities where we can convert P&IDs to other formats for example pdfs etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend them working on their color screens and the menu options. Sometimes you get lost in the menus and also sometimes some of the functionality is hidden from use and thus even available cannot be used.

I am a process engineer and work on intricate waste treatment systems in the semiconductor industry. Without AutoCAD P&IDs, I am essentially rendered useless in my job. The main benefit is that it can quickly help me present an idea in the scientific form of a P&IDs to present in front of a technical audience.

AutoCAD P&ID review by <span>Linu G.</span>
Linu G.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

According to me, the product is much easier to use and found great support for issues occurred

What do you dislike?

There's nothing much to be disliked with this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

A much better way for works mainly in 2 dimensional basis

I did my projects using AutoCAD. Benefit to me for using AutoCAD is less time consuming, as it made my works easier

AutoCAD P&ID review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Auto CAD P&ID for BD"

What do you like best?

This is the world famous software for design and drawing architectural. It is user friendly for use. Most of the people like this soft for designing 2D or 3D view.

What do you dislike?

It has some problem. It has vast feature but no tutorial add with this soft.If it is network base then it will very helpful for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best for all.

Some time I need a 2D layout for drawing that time I use the software and use demo and tutorial. that time i realized its a good software .

AutoCAD P&ID review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Great Drafting Tool for Detailing"

What do you like best?

The autocad add-on makes it easier to create details for plan sets submitted to the city. Simplifies adding specifications and information needed to know during installation.

What do you dislike?

The program is definitely different than what we had before which was straight autocad LT. SomEwhat of a learning curve involved but not a huge obstruction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to allow time for implementation before going live as there is a learning curve.

This portion of the drafting process was primarily for editing details pages of the plan set for installation of rooftop photovoltaic systems.

AutoCAD P&ID review by <span>Vahid B.</span>
Vahid B.

"Working with AutoCAD for 2D drawings"

What do you like best?

Easy to work.

Being able to importing point cloud which does not make the model heavy.

What do you dislike?

The problem is that the software can not import other formats from another software specifically IFC importing in BIM.

point cloud modeling for as-built modeling

AutoCAD P&ID review by <span>Robert W.</span>
Robert W.

"Solid and Reliable Product"

What do you like best?

Consistency of interface and ability to API

What do you dislike?

Difficult to learn initially but consistent to learn updates and new versions

attaching actual documents through API (OnBase)

AutoCAD P&ID review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"I like to use this so much."

What do you like best?

I like this program very much. Very easy to use. easy to work with this program. I like everything. I am happy with this.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its slow. And I want more tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More tools.

I working on this program at work. I working faster with this. So I like everything.

Learning about AutoCAD P&ID?

* We monitor all AutoCAD P&ID reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.