AutoCAD

2D and 3D CAD design software tools.

Work for AutoCAD?

Learning about AutoCAD?

AutoCAD Reviews

Showing 654 AutoCAD reviews
AutoCAD review by Gabriela D.
Gabriela D.

"The best software for architects, engineers and designers"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is its very friendly interface, in a short time you can learn the necessary tools to be able to use the software and start drawing everything you need. Anyone who needs to draw can use this software to transmit their ideas

What do you dislike?

I can not find something negative, just that when using the Hatch tool it gets very slow, but it's probably because of my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not think more, if you are an architect, engineer or designer and you are looking for a software to design this will be the best you can find in the market

I am an interior designer and without this software I think I could not work, it is really essential to use this software now in my life for my work, I have presented a lot of drawings for large and small projects, houses, apartments, clinics, etc. it's really amazing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AutoCAD
AutoCAD review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"Lt 2012"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, lots of ways to customize the user interface, keyboard commands easy to remember. extremely easy to learn. fancy version of microsoft paint! more functionality than google sketchup or microstation, easily import images, pdfs and other cadd files.

What do you dislike?

IT IS NOT A FULLY FUNCTIONAL VERSION OF CAD!!! some commands are not included in this version. somehow interns can't learn it? multiple glitches that are annoying to get around, crashes unexpectedly without cause. new versions every year that gets expensive to stay up to date. also file formats change with new versions that make older versions unable to oppen newer files. from what ive seen autodesk is also moving to a subscription based pricing plan which wil probably scare off smaller companies that cant afford a yearly fee for autocad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use an updated full version, you will have a wider range of commands and it is easier to use these commands. the internet has so much information about each release so troubleshooting and fixing problems is extremely easy. auto desk support is also great and the forums have knowledgeable users and can answer almost any question or problem the user has. make sure your system is capable of handling the software to reduce the chance of unexpected software crashes

file organization, updating client files, crisp, clear documents can be created for engineering and construction purposes. able to integrate multiple filetypes within the drawing easily (jpg, png, tif, pdf, etc.)

What General-Purpose CAD solution do you use?

AutoCAD review by DAVID F.
DAVID F.

"make plans in a quick way."

What do you like best?

What I like most about this program is that I can make my designs, plans and drawings of two and three dimensions in an easy and fast way, it is an internationally recognized software, it is excellent for its editing ability, it is very practical work with Autocad, the best is It can be used in many branches, which include: architecture, civil, electronic, mechanical, chemical, oil, technical and others.

What do you dislike?

The license of the program has a high cost that not everyone can pay, it requires a computer that has a lot of memory capacity to use the autocad, because otherwise it would be very slow and would not allow you to use many of its powerful functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is important to have a powerful computer with a lot of ram memory to be able to use all the functions that autocad has, in a fast and precise way, autocad It has tools so that the paper document is perfect, both in aesthetics, as in information, since the finishing and the presentation of a project or plan is important, it helps you to carry out the work in a shorter time which helps you to share your information in an effective and immediate way.

In my case for being a mechanical engineer, I have managed to design several mechanical parts and also draw several plans of premises, warehouses and place the exact measurements of where each item will be located in the warehouses, which allows me to save time when Let's go to real practice.

AutoCAD review by nathanael m.
nathanael m.

"AutoCAD is the future!!"

What do you like best?

Over the past 3 1/2 years I have been using AutoCAD, I noticed the improvements that made to the programs that aided me in drafting a lot more quicker and efficient. You can type the beginning of a word and it would automatically pop-up various function beginning with that letter. (Ex: Type the letter "C", the following command will pop-up Circle , copy, coordinates, etc.

What do you dislike?

The one this a dislike about AutoCAD is that fact that when you type a dimension using the Line command and press enter , the command will turn off once your finished typing the value. I would rather the line command stay active while I am using it since , when I am drafting I need to draw up various lines and have to continuously press the space bar after every line can be tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Comparing to similar CAD designing programs, AutoCAD is definitely the best.

I am currently a Drafter for an Electrical contracting company and AutoCAD allows me to draw dimensions and specs, to review them before building it in real life.

AutoCAD review by Purushotham M.
Purushotham M.

"wonderful work experience with using autoCAD "

What do you like best?

Great program for doing floor plans & plant layouts, this also works great for doing gaskets and some sheet metal flat patterns. another benefit of this program is it works in several engineering areas like civil, arch and Mech.

What do you dislike?

For an old school designer like myself, I have not liked the push to eliminate the classic menus. Whenever I deploy new installations within my company, I spend time customizing certain some workstations to utilize the classic menu's including my own. I can work a lot faster using classic menus and icons to do the work than I can with the Ribbon style of commands. In 2018 versions, I have noticed that some of the classic menus are no longer available. This is a bad move by Autodesk in my opinion. Since about 2015 or so, they have hidden the classic menus and they have to be turned on using the MENUBAR (from 0 to 1) and the -TOOLBAR command lines to get your toolbars turned back on. Be sure to save your customized WORKSPACE when you are finished.

We use AutoCAD Mechanical for some 2D layouts and a lot of electrical schematics. As an engineering firm, AutoCAD Mechanical is very useful for our designs and internal projects. While INVENTOR is used for most designs of parts and assemblies these days, there are some things you just can't do with INVENTOR or at least do simply with INVENTOR that AutoCAD Mechanical can do.

AutoCAD review by Andrés F.
Andrés F.

"Magnífica herramienta de diseño"

What do you like best?

Una de las ventajas a destacar de este software, es que es más factible y práctico trabajar en AutoCAD que si lo hicieramos todo manualmente. por lo tanto se ahorra tiempo y es más sencillo. Por otro lado, permite intercambiar información no solo por papel, sino mediante archivos, y esto representa una mejora en rapidez y efectividad a la hora de interpretar diseños.

En cuanto a la compatibilidad que nos ofrece, se ha relacionado con múltiples plataformas, con el beneficio de poder exportar e importar archivos de todo tipo. Además cuenta con herramientas para que el documento en papel sea perfecto, tanto en estética, como en información, ya que el acabado y la presentación de un proyecto o plano es importante. Este programa nos permite dibujar tanto en 3D como en 2D: a partir del dibujo en 2D en planta, existiendo la posibilidad de generar el modelo 3D en un tiempo mucho menor al tiempo que se emplea en dibujar un isométrico o una perspectiva a mano.

What do you dislike?

En cuanto a las desventajas, el programa tiene un costo elevado, debido a su licencia. Por otro lado, saber usar en plenitud el software requiere mucho tiempo ya que hay infinidad de funciones, e incluso que son de poca aplicación, al ser muy específicas. En cualquier caso, para un unuario que no tenga la pertinente formación en este software, le va a resultar muy dificil poder manejarse con el mismo, aunque solo persiga unos fines básicos a la hora de realizar cualquier trabajo. Otra desventaja sería que se requiere una computadora potente para trabajar con velocidad de procesamiento, y un espacio alto en el disco duro, siendo los requisitos del sistema requeridos algo elevados para poder funcionar con normalidad de una forma fluida.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo este programa por ser un software reconocido a nivel internaciona, debido a sus amplias capacidades de edición, que hacen posible el dibujo digital de planos de edificios o la recreación de imágenes en 3D, haciendo de él una herramienta única en su campo, con pocos competidores que le puedan hacer sombra.

Dibujar en dicho programa ha revolucionado la forma de trabajar, ya que en cualquier trabajo que esté relacionado con lo técnico, ahora se hace de forma digital, lo que permite ahorrar mucho tiempo y obtener unos resultados muy profesionales, a la altura de las exigencias de cualquier cliente.

AutoCAD review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Dependability"

What do you like best?

This program has a dynamic use for the products we produce. It is completely dependable in all of our complex drawings and block usage. It works very well with our designs for walls, as well as screw details. The programs has multiple menu set-up options allowing quick access to blocks. Each menu is fully customizable and movable in the upper bar.

What do you dislike?

If the computer has low memory capacity it can bog down slightly. The processing of this program in relation to CPU can be a bit taxing as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program can do more than basic editing. It has the ability to creat three-dimensional renders of any product you're needing details of. It can provide extremely high quality flat drawings as well. It also provides the ability to produce PDF versions of drawings.

We're solving lack of consistency with this program. The ability to create drag-and-drop blocks to quickly assemble drawings for our distributors.

AutoCAD review by Anthony R.
Anthony R.

"Best program for your design needs"

What do you like best?

I have been working with the AutoCAD program for almost 11 years and every year it gets a little more better and easier to work with. I never have a problem more than once with the AutoCAD program due to they seem to fix bugs in the program frequently.

What do you dislike?

Only thing that has been hard for me to get used to is that I have switched from a PC to a Mac book pro and some of the features with the tool set up are different. For instance you can't minimize some of the tool icons instead it takes up a little more space on the screen. But, if I kept using a PC it would not matter it was more or a preference on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not know how to do something or a command look it up in the help section to do a play by play of what you need to do. I have excelled at this program by doing so and using short cut input terms. Once you learn them it is quick and easy.

I am an Environmental Consultant and having the google earth with AutoCAD has made it easier to show clients properties and what I can do to help them. Showing someone a 3D image makes it easier to help clients understand properties and projects.

AutoCAD review by Teddy H.
Teddy H.

"Una herramienta excelente para trabajo detallado y comunitario"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD me ha permitido realizar trabajos detallados con las comunidades que residen en Distrito Capital, a través de planos hemos realizado levantamiento de el mobiliario urbano que presenta deficiencias desde las bocas de visita, hasta los postes y fachadas, con muchísima precisión y ademas con planos que tienen coordenadas, permitiendo la georreferencia y una análisis más completo de los datos recolectados.

What do you dislike?

Es bastante complejo de utilizar para personas que no tienen experiencia con CAD u otros programas de dibujo, al principio me costó muchísimo adaptarme, son demasiadas opciones y herramientas, y me parece que la interfase de impresión es realmente compleja y poco amigable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

El programa es realmente sorprendente y poderoso, pueden realizarse millones de cosas con él, pero debe poseerse una formación previa en el manejo de CAD porque sino se complica enormemente el uso y la aplicación del software.

AutoCAD nos ha permitido tener una relación más directa con la comunidad que los levantamientos de información y la resolución de problemas se hace directamente con la participación de los habitantes, además de ello puede trabajarse con información realmente precisa y muy detallada, lo cual es útil para solventar problemas específicos como en tanquillas y bocas de visita.

AutoCAD review by Amny N.
Amny N.

"Program of design of plans and objects of precision and professional quality ideal for projects"

What do you like best?

Autocad is a tool that all the engineering staff of the industrial complex must use to prepare the distribution of the machinery and the remodeling of the sheds, because it has a set of options that facilitate the design of the plan or building in three dimensions.I am very pleased with the precision of your designs, has a set of work tools very well thought out and designed so that the professional has the ability to design plans and buildings with their respective distribution and accessories, as well as, in three dimensions with a level of detail that facilitates showing each element that make up the construction, the planning of the organized execution process, and the modification at the time that is necessary. Being very important for the company and for me because it allows to be more efficient at work saving time jobs, and even hiring new professionals that represent expenses that can be used in other activities.

I really like the final presentation of the design because the tool offers me a set of options to work in the preview, since it allows me to design with different tools for the elaboration of the frame, the legend, the numerical or graphic scale, titles or subtitles of the cartography, and even insert images or maps according to the need.

Personally I consider that no market program has the ability to compete with the tools offered by autocad for two or three dimensional design, because autocad has many tools that allow us to design each element that makes up the object accurately, well delineated, with the background desired and color that we consider. In addition, it offers options for each element to be grouped, joined or cut in the shape and angle that we want.

What do you dislike?

Autocad is a wonderful program with many work options, but you should look for ways to facilitate the use of its tools because they are very complex, require hours for learning or assistance in educational training activities so that we can use it according to the professional levels necessary for purposes that the designs are what we want to project.

For example, it is very difficult to use correctly the tools for the application of a rendering or video of the three-dimensional design, because they are not easy to work and also requires a computer with an excellent capacity for these tools to be executed correctly

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest to new clients to start a staff training process on the tools that the company requires its professionals to be experts and highly capable of designing excellently.

I suggest that in the process of evaluating preliminary designs use other programs easier to use, while autocad use it for the final design of the project because it has work options to improve quality, accuracy and diverse.

I recommend you to learn each tool for design in three dimensions, because it would allow you to create excellent jobs that will facilitate the process of project execution, improving times and consequently the profitability of the company and the welfare of workers

It has allowed me to grow professionally, because thanks to the tools of the program I can observe the projection of the work and observe better the sequence of activities necessary for the construction of the building.

It has helped me in various projects and every day I learn more about the tools, which allows me to say that Autocad is the best professional quality engineering and architecture program for the design of plans and projections of buildings or houses in three dimensions.

AutoCAD review by Josh F.
Josh F.

"A versatile drafting program for a variety of needs"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD can have a variety of detail levels, from simple stick line drawings to full detail wireframe 3D models. Because of the wide array of drawing tools in the program, it can be easy to draw details of anything needed for projects.

What do you dislike?

It's not a very smart program. Anything drawn requires a lot of editing to get to the level of detail needed, and anything that has to be changed or moved later basically requires drawing the lines all over again and editing those for the new changes. The 3D modeling available isn't very intuitive either, and can still suffer from the same lack of a smart system for moving and editing what's been drawn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because AutoCAD is primarily a line drawing software, it will require editing and redrawing to get exactly what you want from it. But it's simpler and easier to jump in to, and will be more cost effective for smaller projects or customers with smaller budgets.

AutoCAD has been in use for years, the level of detail shown in the drawings improving as the software gained more capability. It can be great for small drawings that need to be done very fast. It is also still the preferred program for making details to be used even in Revit projects because of the ease of creating detailed 2D drawings.

AutoCAD review by Manuel A.
Manuel A.

"Best 2D and 3D drawing software for engineering"

What do you like best?

I love how easy is to work with autocad when you get the hang of all the comands it offers (but you will use some common comands mostly so this shouldn't be an issue at first). There are so many options the software offers that working by hand is completely forgotten. The option of creating 3D models from the 2D drawings makes autocad an incredibly powerful tool.

What do you dislike?

Learning and mastering autocad at first is really overwhelming since it requires you master a vast amount of comands, so you will frequently find yourself with a clip note with the most common comands until you get the hang of it. Also is worth noting that working with autocad optimaly requires lots of computer power and it can really heat your device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you have lots of patience, is hard to master, but once you get the hang of it it's extremely rewarding

Autocad has helped us design buildings for gas supply for several communities, by using it for electrical, civil and mechanical engineering drawings. Also we have used it for piping and instrumentation diagrams updating in several of the largest oil processing plants of Venezuela, so it has represented a great profit for our business

AutoCAD review by Raquel A.
Raquel A.

"A great option for community work and plans"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD brings the opportunity to work with plans with a high level of details you can even see the sidewalks and threes, so in the work the I do with the community with can work a lots of details to improve the quality of life of the residents. In recent field worl using plans of AutoCAD with can determined where are the sidewalks in poor condition and the trees that the municipilaty has to trimming, we can also determine where the municipality has to paint the streets and put new road signs. This software is awesome, because we can build maps and plans in multiple scales, to see and analyze the problem of the community from many points of view.

What do you dislike?

It is very hard to work with it if you are not an architect or engineer, the software has so many options and feature, I do a basic course and only use simple tools, like print, layout, design basic plans, add easy measures and add annotations, unfortunately, the software it is so expensive and I have to learn direct in the municipality I did not have the change to buy the software and learn on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an amazing software but you if you are not a professional of design or a similar occupation you have to do first a course or introduction to get the most of the software, or you only will use the software to do simple things like me.

The municipality and my community make a great work together to diagnostic specific problems in my urbanization, so using AutoCAD with can analyze with high precision and details where are the main problems and where we have to start working to solve, and like the software work with high level of details we can set the problems even in sidewalks, buildings and trees and that was so useful for us, because the work is defined in a very specific way.

AutoCAD review by Daniela G.
Daniela G.

"Autocad, a program for drawing and modeling"

What do you like best?

Autocad allows you to draw architectural and urban planning plans quite easily when the program is already known, for basic learning there are no difficulties, but in an intensive 3 hours following an exercise example you can learn the use of high speed tools. It allows to have an accurate handling of the 2D drawing if the program is well used, obtaining the representation of proposals of pieces and even urbanisms. The more knowledge you have about the program, the greater the skill with which you can make the drawings and the use of simplified commands increases the speed of the use of the tools.

What do you dislike?

The main conflicts that the program has in my case is the change of the quick commands when the program is used in another language, for example, the use of CAD in English and then in Spanish; this forces the user to relearn the commands for a quick use of the program or to depend on the icons and tabs to achieve the desired functions. This is compounded by the conflicts that the program presents with the applications of the hatch, which causes the file to increase considerably in weight and produce errors, possibly even a "fatal error"

Autocad at this time is the main program of use in the office for the preparation of planimetry of the projects, as much of the buildings as of the urban projects. This being used by most of the employees who must work in the area of architecture, urbanism, geographical location and planning representation.

AutoCAD review by Àlex S.
Àlex S.

"Ideal para dibujo técnico en 2D"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD posee una gran variedad de herramientas de dibujo en 2D ideaes sobre todo para planos, pero también para dibujo técnico y diseño gráfico en general. Tiene soporte además para modelado en 3D que permite diseñar piezas sencillas para impresión 3D, por ejemplo. Un programa muy accesible y se sencillo de usar para principiantes y con versión gratuita para estudiantes. Muy recomendable para cualquier empresa que necesite dibujar planos técnicos.

What do you dislike?

Las opciones para modelado 3D no son adecuadas para diseños complejos, por lo que no es recomendable para aplicaciones de ingeniería.

Es una alternativa sencilla a otros programas más complejos para diseño de logotipos. Muy útil también para el diseño de piezas geométricas simples para impresión 3D. Las capacidad de importación y exportación de archivos en otros formatos facilita mucho el trabajo en conjunto con otros programas.

AutoCAD review by Mayank C.
Mayank C.

"Father of all Design Softwares"

What do you like best?

Everything that can be used as a command that I like best, specially copy command, move command, stretch command..

What do you dislike?

3d interface i don't like, it must be upgraded as per other design software's, also not like that they are removed Autocad Classic workspace from 2015 and Higher version..

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a primary software which must be available with every design Department, every design engineer must have a habit to draw concepts and Autocad is always best for it..

New design concept of all the products, GA drawings of all the products, seated drawings of ll the products, these are not a problem but we can resolve all the design related business problems with the help of that, benefits of Autocad are 1. Most user friendly, 2.oldest software in market so everyone knows, 3.better user interface etc..

AutoCAD review by Julio A R.
Julio A R.

"Es un software que permite desarrollar mejor las ideas de la ingeniería "

What do you like best?

Entre las distintas cosas que me gustan del Autocad es la simplicidad de los comandos, es decir si necesitas trazar una línea, buscas en los comandos la palabra "línea", si requieres calcular una superficie, buscas la palabra "area" y si deseas desarrollar un modelo en 3 dimensiones buscas el comando "extrude" para extender las polilíneas a superficies. El desarrollo de esta metodología ha simplificado la forma de expresar las ideas en la ingeniería, en especial en la rama que me desenvuelvo que es la rama de ingeniería civil

What do you dislike?

Lo que más se me dificulta es conocer las distintas opciones que posee cada comando y sus ventajas, ya que para un dibujo en particular, por ejemplo para el diseño de una vivienda, las opciones de snap en puntos medios, finales, intersecciones y perpendiculares son importantes, sin embargo para levantamientos de terrenos la opción que más he usado es la de puntos finales por la continuidad de las líneas al ser presentadas en un plano final. Por otra parte se encuentra la función de publicar que a veces no puedo dominar, aun cuando se establecen las condiciones de impresión de cada Layout sin embargo aun no sale al establecerse como un grupo de impresión

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo que inicien con este tipo de programa de AutoCAD ya que es uno de los formatos más sencillos de aprender y tiene todos los comandos necesarios para desarrollar las ideas que se requieran por ustedes como usuarios, se pueden llegar a hacer muchas cosas y la intención es llegar a tener un conocimiento tanto de lo que se está haciendo como del programa que se está manejando, desde el tipo de comandos hasta la metodología de dibujar para hacer un complemento ideal y llegar a unir esta herramienta con otros programas de la casa Autodesk

He resuelto dos problemas importantes siendo el primero de ellos los planos para mi tesis de grado de ingeniero civil en el canal de acceso al Lago de Maracaibo, Estado Zulia, los cuales incluyeron la batimetría, obras de protección de costas y espigón de armadura de rocas calizas, en el que se evaluó la posibilidad de recuperar y extender el mismo. El segundo caso ya en mi práctica profesional fue el diseño de las aguas potables, aguas servidas y de lluvias de un edificio de 2 alas de tipo turistico que se construyó en Higuerote, Estado Miranda.

AutoCAD review by kudan p.
kudan p.

"Drawing to AutoCAD"

What do you like best?

This software is the use for drafting and every drawing to need a draft. And another feauture is to import file and this file get a picture and trace out that picture and drawing. AutoCAD is a computer-aided software drafting program. It is used for a number of applications like creating blueprints for buildings, bridges and computer chips to name a few. AutoCAD is 2D and 3D computer aided drafting software application.

What do you dislike?

This software can not use to 3D modeling . It software upadrade are require.and other . And rendering Process almost equal to other software but user get very fast rendering.Errors in AutoCAD can be divided into two broad categories, the error related to the CAD file and error related to the Software itself. If the issues are related to corrupt CAD files then you can easily repair corrupt AutoCAD drawings using simple AutoCAD commands. ...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Which are use to drafting for best and not useful for 3D modeling.

I already told to rendering prossce slow that problem to slove and that is our business benefit.

AutoCAD review by Mario G.
Mario G.

"AutoCAD in the architectural Field"

What do you like best?

There's just nothing with this software that I don't like. Is being a long way since the first AutoCAD came out to the market and there has being a lot of improvement on its interface. With that being said, AutoCAD has positioned itself as the most common use software in the architectural field. All the tools that AutoCAD provide to its users are just easy to use and they explain step by step all you have to do in the command bar. This is one of the daily software I use since I was in school. What I like the most of AutoCAD I guess is the compatibility with the other Autodesk software and the possibility to create 3D models in a very accurate way. Its compatibility property makes AutoCAD a must have software because you can definitely use it at the very beginning of the project or just at the end, almost on every phase of any architectural project. Also, one thing to note is that almost everything you do in AutoCAD can be accomplished in 10 different ways, giving AutoCAD a lot more of use and knowledge for the user. In simple words, I highly recommend Autodesk AutoCAD to anyone who is in the design field, wheater you're an architect, industrial designer, or any other design related profession, AutoCAD is a good software to have, and know.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, everything is just perfect with this software, the only thing I would just say is the performance and compatibility with RAM and the memory you need free on your computer. Also, the updates from Autodesk are a little tedious and can slow down your performance but you then only need to downgrade your service packs and problem fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just buy it and learn it, it is a must have software

It is a huge advantage to have AutoCAD in the architectural field because you do almost everything on the computer and just sketching ideas by hand

AutoCAD review by Maricela del Valle N.
Maricela del Valle N.

"good app"

What do you like best?

Autocad is a good app to make plans. Is a useful tool when you ned to work in the area. It has simples ways to handle and very people knows it. The fact that's is a common tool for many people, autocad achieve to make a generic app for everyone

What do you dislike?

it crashes all the time and I lose work and have to do it all over again. Also the fact that is a basic app for many people, to work in more specific subjects, autocad is too simple, and there are other apps that can provide other new an advance tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I loved that they offer the free educational version. If you're a student I would recommend to get familiar with the tool while this option is available.

Autocad is the go to software, when something goes wrong is always there. In general is very useful and it has been a basic tool in my woek

AutoCAD review by Luis Guillermo G.
Luis Guillermo G.

"AutoCAD, the best help to architectural students"

What do you like best?

Everything on this software is almost perfect! Actually this software is the BASIC tool to start on the CAD and BIM world -to me-, because is the most extended globally and in any country yo go to make any kind of work, AutoCAD will be present. Another thing that is important to me is that I can use it to make another kind of works like vector images to another fields like publishing if i don't have on the hand the specific software and tools to do it.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, the only thing that I dislike is that the software doesn't has more features and have to use with others like Revit to have a very complete biulding design level... Although, that would be actually a good way to improve the workflow between both softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is simply great and amazing. It has allowed me to learn year after year and be more productive on its use and on the things that one can do when using it, and another plus is that once you've learned how to use it on one version, the next ones are easy to learn and use quickly.

As a student, this software was the solution that I was asking for, it lets you be more quicker and productive in the process to draft and draw architetural plans and anything you want to draw on vectors. As a professional, it lets me be productive, generate the needed documentation to any type of building that I have to manage on its process and... It's the well-known software by almost everyone on the field.

AutoCAD review by Constance C.
Constance C.

"Architect's old friend"

What do you like best?

It's efficient, simple and widely used among other disciplines in the industry. I appreciate that Autodesk offered free education version which helps graduated students to catch up faster in their professional life. It's easy to learn and satisfied most of the tasks that I required Autocad to do.

What do you dislike?

Can't seem to tell the difference between each upgrade. Hatch is still pretty bad and sometimes printed funny. Sometimes I still relies on lisps to resolve my issues. Feel like AutoCAD is a bit stagnant while Revit is catching up so fast. Stilll experiencing mild hiccups in editing blocks and switching paper space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's still a stable for every architecture firm despite the updates are not particularly great. Before BIM software takes over, AutoCad is still a must-have for every architecture firms (at least in Europe & UK market)

It's an industrial standard software. It's important in doing quick draft and communication with other construction disciplines.

AutoCAD review by JT W.
JT W.

"LONG TIME USER"

What do you like best?

I STARTED WITH AUTOCAD VER. 10 BACK IN COLLEGE ON A 386 LAPTOP. USED MANY VERSIONS ALONG THE WAY. EVERY VERSION HAD NEW BENIFITS, BUT WAS STILL FAMILAR AND THE BASICS WERE STILL THE SAME. MAKING IT EASY FOR ME TO GO FROM ONE VERSION TO THE NEXT

What do you dislike?

HOW YOU KEEP CHANGING THE MENU SYSTEMS, THE SAME FUNCTIONS ARE THERE, JUST HAVE TO LEARN WHERE THEY ARE AGAIN.

I USE IT MOSTLY FOR THE LAYOUTS OF OUR PLANTS. WE ARE CONSTANTLY UPGRADING TO NEW MACHINES, SOMETIMES HAVE TO MAKE MULTIPLE MOVES TO GET NEW MACHINES IN. GREAT HAVING IT ON MY PHONE SO I CAN SHOW CONTRACTORS LOCATIONS AND EVEN MEASURE LOCATIONS ON THE SPOT. ALSO USE IT TO DRAW UP PARTS AND USE SOLID MODELS.

AutoCAD review by Devon S.
Devon S.

"The best architectural documentation software"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD has been the mainstay for AEC professionals for a reason, it is precise, powerful and (with training) intuitive to use. Now, you can even access all of your projects from mobile devices (it's not a great interface, but helps when in the field).

What do you dislike?

Autodesk does tend to make changes to make things more "user-friendly", but it just makes the package heavier and slower. For power-users that use key inputs instead of pull-downs, this is a negative change, but really minor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget considering the other software options because they are less expensive. AutoCAD is the best, and the most used (so easiest transfer/collaboration).

I am using AutoCAD for interior/architectural design and product design. The core software is fantastic, but can, also, be supplemented to suit your exact need with additional packages.

AutoCAD review by Yağmur Y.
Yağmur Y.

"AutoCAD 2D is a handy tool but insufficient for BIM"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD becomes very easy to use in a very short period of time. There are already many answers on the internet for any question you can imagine. I have never experienced a dead end to any of my problems/questions. It is easy to use drawing in different applications, also drawings can easily imported to 3D softwares. I also like the iOS app which allows me to reach my files anytime anywhere.

What do you dislike?

If the project is too large, or has many floors with many system details, it becomes more complex to work with Autocad 2D. Whenever there is a change in a plan drawing, it has to be updated in section and detail drawings later on or vice versa. Imagine you have 20 different files corresponding each other and any change can lead to successive changes in other files. Thus I would prefer another BIM software to prevent time loss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other than construction drawings, auto cad can also be used for diagramming and a base for illustrating. Google earth images also can be traced easily if there is no previous information or drawing file from the site.

AutoCAD is usually used for construction drawings for the site. So that builders can follow the order of the construction and understand how to implement design.

AutoCAD review by Hasibul A.
Hasibul A.

"Awesome 2D and 3D design software"

What do you like best?

This is the best software for both mechanical and civil designs. Layout designing features, tools and all other code based options are the best in its area. The software is easy to use. You can easily get templates for layouts. In most cases, there are lots of libraries available for common items. Files can be shared and opened by other softwares (like solidworks and other engineering design softwares). They have student version that is free for use. So, people can actually learn while they are student.

What do you dislike?

The software takes more time to load. It can be difficult to learn initially. Not enough functions and options like similar other softwares. Customization can be difficult sometimes. You would have to be very expert in knowing and using all the features available. Its not easy to find. In some cases, it has difficulty reading other versions or other software files. If the layers are more than a limit, the performance of the software decreases subsequently. The user interface has lots of options available but they are not easily accessible. Sometimes saving file in different version (like pdf, dwf, dxf etc) are difficult to do and sometimes can not be read in other softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a very good design software that is being used in many industries. These files can be shared and read by most engineering firms.

Engineering design, Layout design, Mechanical parts designing, Civil drafting and problem solving.

AutoCAD review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Great drawing software"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and it is possible to customize the software. The file format is widely recognized so it is a plus for file sharing.

What do you dislike?

The 3d capabilities aren't so good and the BIM aspect is missing. But otherwise it is a really great 2d drafting software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autocad is a great product for small to medium scale buildings, if you are considering making bigger projects with more interaction with mechanical, electrical and structural engineer I think Revit would be more suited. Otherwise it is a great software with great customization available. (through lisp programming and macros)

It is easy to share drawings between architect and engineer. The files are recognized by many major 3d software to create models of projects after.

AutoCAD review by Francisco A.
Francisco A.

"Best Cad Application"

What do you like best?

Autocad is the program I have been using since college. Considered by many the best program for projects of arqutetura was also my choice since always. I have been using AutoCad since the beginning of my academic life (40 years). It started as a very elementary program but at the moment it is the most elaborate and most used tool for the branch of construction and architecture. I will continue to use AutoCad for the rest of my professional life.

What do you dislike?

What I least like is the price licenses that are too expensive and what makes my workgroup can not all use the same tools. I often have colleagues who are unable to pay for these licenses and are forced to use other programs to open projects I have created. The problem is that these other programs deform projects, which makes the work more complicated to integrate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have a notion that for personal users licenses are very expensive but if you have the opportunity, present AutoCad to your boss because it is undoubtedly the best tool for the development of Civil Engineering projects.

AutoCad provides me with an easy project handling environment so I can develop more content in less time, always maintaining a high level of quality.

AutoCAD review by sonu s.
sonu s.

"Best designing software "

What do you like best?

I use autocad in my office for interior designing. This software has many tools that make the designing and construction task very easy. It has tools to draw straight line, circles, arcs etc. By typing only the first letter of the functions you will get their pop outs. It can scale the designs to different paper size. The files are of small size.

What do you dislike?

As of now there is nothing to be disliked in this software. It is the best designing software for engineers and architects. Only sometimes it gets slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend this software to all the civil, mechanical, electrical engineers, architects etc for their designing and construction purpose. It is very easy to use. It has many features that will make your work easy. This the best designing software i have ever used.

I am a civil engineer so i use this tool for interior designing. I use it for construction of 2D and 3D images easily. It makes my work easy by providing tools and functions. I use this to analyse my design before actually building it for real to avoid any fault.

AutoCAD review by joseph S.
joseph S.

"Auto ad is a great tool, but could be a lot better if 3D modeling was more user friendly "

What do you like best?

I love 2d drafting and the presicion one can achieve in autocad. Layer management has improved over the years. Many of the new selection tools on the current versions of autocad make them very resourceful when receiving files that have not been layered properly.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the hatch processing. It is slow and unresponsive at times. Most times it makes my sister crash. Other features a I dislike or lack of features is how un editable 3D objects are. I feel like once I create it I have to stick with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autocad is a pricey software that has a lot of benefits that will help your business grow

We are solving all 2d drafting on the pre design stage from there it is really useful to export to revit and trace over the 2d draft.

AutoCAD review by Aric S.
Aric S.

"Life long user..."

What do you like best?

The short cut commands are great, I only usually use keyboard commands, instead of using the icon buttons. I like some of the commands better in CAD them is other CADD programs. I like the interface and the ease to modify and customize how you want to work. I like how some of the commands have changed over time, and have encompassed more ease to use and utilization like for example move is a basic command but in the newest, it has a snap for the "center" of whatever object you grabbed, like this a bunch.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the complex and sometimes unknown ways to import a different filer type into ACAD. I get other types of CAD programs aren't really compatible, but they can sorta. and usually, it doesn't look right scale and line types/line weights get screwy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a perfect solution for any designer, engineer, architect. Ease of use, quick learn, it is a one stop for your needs. There are many features and some you might not use. so it isn't a software to be scared of that you might not understand. Use what you need and the rest might not get used. There is a ton of support out there. so if you need it just look and ask.

Not really solving any business problems we use it for our jobs and projects. It isn't a software we use to problem solve. It is used for our design.

AutoCAD review by Raisa M.
Raisa M.

"AutoCAD has been very relevant in my journey as an engineer"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD is the best software that an engineer needs to bring out all his engineering needs and his vision to life.AutoCAD is expertly created with built-in tools and features that are easy to use an manipulate to bring life to the image and vision of the engineer and exceed his expectations.AutoCAD is multi-faceted and can handle the creation of the simplest to the most complex designs to be used by engineers, surveyors and architects.

What do you dislike?

Not only is AutoCAD relatively pricey, but it also is not the easiest to use especially for an inexperienced user. The functionality is also slowed down in small computers. Autocad does not function well also with other software and integrating it with software like ArcGIS can prove problematic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AutoCAD is definitely a must-have for every engineer.

AutoCAD is used in both simple and complex engineering designs that will form a reference when the engineer goes to the field for construction.

AutoCAD review by Rahul M.
Rahul M.

"Design and shape the world around you with AutoCAD software"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD is a terrific and fast drafting program. It is a great drawing tool for our carpentry. I have been using AutoCAD for a long time and find it an excellent tool for creating construction documentation that could be used by all disciplines in the Architectural, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry. AutoCAD's ease of use makes it stand out amongst other software. It's many features are made easy to access given their customizable palette and typable commands. I like its myriad of options to do the same task best of all.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, however it has some limitations. It isn't cheap and it takes up a lot of storage space. license of the program has a high cost, it requires a computer that has a lot of memory capacity to use the autocad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone should have Autocad installed, I like its simplicity and straight-forwardness of the design and execution. It's a basic in my industry as everyone needs to utilize it quickly and efficiently. It does just that. It's customizable, lightweight, easy to get started (with a lot of tips for beginners).

I love being able to create drawings with specific dimensions and details to present a clean plan for clients. We use it as a 2D and 3D drawing tool! We use it for our production tehnical drawings and also for 3D presentstion to our customers.

AutoCAD review by Micheal H.
Micheal H.

"CAD software at it's finest"

What do you like best?

The flexibility that the program provides you allows you to make just about any 2d CAD drawing as your mind can think of! I love the fact that I've used this program since i was in high school and i still use it till this day. I find that there is always space to elarn more and i enjoy the fact that autodesk has expanded their library of other programs that allow me to learn more

What do you dislike?

As much as the program can do 3D modelling, there are definitely other software that can perform just as good if not better modelss, easier. The user interface albeit for the sake of customization sometimes can be very over bearing. I am aware that they provide users a certain degree of simplicity user inter4faces but fro the most part im sure they can do better to give other users an easier time blending in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing that i can tell, i would advise the company to stop trying to change the interface so much. It's easy to get lost when moving up several versions.

General floor plan making for sure. I love that i can convert PDF's into DWG files and be able to customize my options through there. If it wasnt for this option i dont think i would have eben able to perform my job as effectively as i would have liked! I'm sure there are other features i could use but none of them would affect my role in my company at this time.

AutoCAD review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"architectural friend"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the autocad is the availability of the wide variety of express tools which help in constructing the project in a much better way.Another advantage is that we can import SKP file into our recent project making it more reliable.Tool palettes in the menu bar of the autocad helps the user to construct the project in a different way of perception.The presence of Exchange app manager is remarkable in the field of designing and the stuffs used in the same industry.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything till now to dislike,but if you will ask a little flaw of the autocad,i would say it sometime got stuck while running the script,due to which the visual LISP editor doesn't functions in a proper way which may interrupt our work.

CUI,i.e,customize user interface is of the great use which helps an engineer to construct a project with an unique and effective interface.Further,it can be run in the application itself to confirm it's functioning in the company. Various other problems are also solved using this software,such as BIM360, Layor translator which helps the company to deliver to the customer,a better interface along with the various graphic features.

AutoCAD review by Pedro C.
Pedro C.

"An indispensable tool in the world of construction"

What do you like best?

As I said in the title AutoCad is the most used and important tool in the world of civil construction, for years it has led the market thanks largely to its precision in drawing and its versatility, you can use it to draw / edit at any scale , it is excellent for making detail drawings, also the program is compatible with another large amount of software which improves the experience and facilitates its use, it has a large amount of tools, in general it is a very complete software, start using it from the University in several projects and since then I have not stopped using it, either to touch up a plane or draw it from scratch, I always obtained satisfactory results with Autocad.

What do you dislike?

Autocad has always been a program that uses a lot of resources of the computer where it runs and this has lasted with the years since the 2000 version this has not changed, with the improvements and evolutions of the software always come as a result more consumption of resources, especially RAM memory, so if you want Autocad to run without problems on your PC you should have a powerful team, the other nage that has always accompanied the program is its high price, it is a very good program but also very expensive, although it's worth investing every penny

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very complete and highly recommendable software especially if you work in the world of construction

In particular I have always used it to recreate or edit plans of civil construction, it is excellent in that aspect

AutoCAD review by Francisco P.
Francisco P.

"AutoCAD was the king in CAD software, but now is an extra tool."

What do you like best?

The best of AutoCad is the compability with other versions. You can have files from AutoCad 2009 and still be able to use them in autoCAD 2018. In my work I use ACAD 2014, but in my personal computer I use the 2017 software, and the improvements are basically in the graphic interface.

What do you dislike?

Its easy to use, but is complicated to master. YOu need years of practising to make good projects in AutoCad. When you want to do something that you never did before, usually the easiest way is the worst way to do it. Actually, there are different solutions for the same problem, but sometimes that's not a good point because when another user take your project, it requires so much time to adecuate himself to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If youre planning to use AutoCAD as a main tool in building industry, I would recomend to try first the BIM technology. Revit is the most common software to work with BIM and, in my opinion, is the way that the future building industry will work. AutoCAD is always a good support tool (maybe the best), but any other free software could do its job perfectly.

In my work, I use Autocad to view project's files and plans. Normally I use it to take some measurements. The only benefit I see is that AutoCad is fast for the problems I usually have, but there are other programs that could do it better in some more time.

AutoCAD review by Jean Carlos J.
Jean Carlos J.

"HERRAMIENTA DE EDICIÓN AUTOCAD "

What do you like best?

Es un programa muy bueno y didáctico, es una herramienta fundamental para el diseño y aplicación de proyectos, se ahorra tiempo y realmente es muy sencillo, se puede dibujar en 3D como en 2D a partir del dibujo 2D en planta existe la posibilidad de generara el dibujo 3D en un tiempo menor que se emplea en un dibujo isomètrico. Accede al intercambio no solo por papel si no a través de archivo y esto constituye un progreso en la rapidez y efectividad a la hora de analizar un dibujo, se relaciona con con múltiples plataformas con el beneficio de poder es exportar e importa archivos de todo tipo. Es una herramienta excelente para poder hacer planos, modificar y crear que ayudan al técnico y a el ingeniero en toda la fase del proyecto. es un programa de referencia para todas aquellas personas que le gusta el diseño ya sean , arquitecto, ingeniero o aficionado. es es muy fácil de usar y posee un antifaz amigable para el usuario lo puede personalizar a su gusto, sin duda es la herramienta del futuro en cuanto al diseño se refiere

What do you dislike?

El programa tiene un costo elevado, y por su herramienta de edición se requiere un computadora potente para trabajar con velocidad y provechar 100% este programa

Recommendations to others considering the product

Capacitarse en el uso de este software para evitar errores que repercute en la eficiencia del proyecto.

Menor tiempo de trabajo, productividad al dibujar y compartir los proyecto de manera eficaz y eficiente

AutoCAD review by Jose Antonio C.
Jose Antonio C.

"El uso diario de AutoCad"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de AutoCad es su gran versatilidad, fácil manejo y sobre todo: QUE TODO EL MUNDO LO USA!!!!!

Es el mejor programa de diseño en 2D que pueda existir. Cada nueva versión consigue mejorar la anterior.

La version que yo utilizo en la 2017 en inglés, y funciona sin problemas con un ordenador de 8Gb de RAM. Esta version 2017 es mas intuitiva que las anteriores gracias a la barra de tareas en modo oculto.

Permitir cargar una imagen, reescalarla, trabajar con ese documento y modificarlo. Si conoces la forma de referenciar objetos podrás trabajar sobre el mismo plano en varios ordenadores a la vez sin que te aparezca el mensajito de: modo lectura.

He probado otros similares como DraftSight, pero ninguno le llega a la altura a AutoCad

Además de lo anterior, para todo ingeniero es necesario conocer este programa, y si lo vas usando desde la Universidad como me pasó a mi, mejor.

What do you dislike?

Es dificil sacarle peros a AutoCad, pero si tuviera que decir alguno es que no tiene una opción de ayuda o botón help que sea intuitivo.

Para solucionar alguna cosa que sabes que se puede hacer con AutoCad pero tú no sabes cómo, tienes que buscar en foros o en webs tipo youtube cómo se hacen.

Sin duda el poder trabajar con referencias abiertas por varios usuarios.

Pongo un ejemplo: sobre un plano de la región de Navarra pueden estar trabajando varias personas en distintos ordenadores a la vez sin necesidad de cargar dichos mapas en ningún ordenador.

Esto agiliza mucho el trabajo y aligera el documento final

AutoCAD review by Miguel G.
Miguel G.

"Outstanding performance"

What do you like best?

The latest version of the program (2018) offers great compatibility and high performance in the most unfavorable environments.

In my work environment due to unfavorable circumstances I had to change to an old PC (8 years old, Intel core 2 duo, 4GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics) and the program works perfectly with 2D plans, multilayers and with complex referencing systems.

In a current computer with an updated graphics processor, its performance would be very high to improve work times.

What do you dislike?

Lo unico negativo que puedo decir del programa, son es el excesivo tiempo que se tarda en configurar un plano georeferenciado a una escala, para que coincida nuestro resultado con el modelo respecto al cual trabajamos.

Situar a cero todos los valores requiere bastante tiempo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Grey background.

I'm designing photovoltaic plants with AutoCAD. It helps to take into account all the variables that may exist due to terrain, and to take them into account. As well as it provides a quick change speed when there are modifications in the final project.

AutoCAD review by Eduardo G.
Eduardo G.

"Gran programa de diseño"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD es el programa de diseño más utilizado es difícil trabajar como diseñador sin conocer este programa. Afortunadamente, es muy fácil de aprender, y no hay nada en el programa que sea difícil de solucionar. Aprendí a usar este programa en la universidad y no he dejado de usarlo. Las teclas de comando sin muy fáciles de memorizar.

El formato de archivo es ampliamente reconocido, por lo que es una ventaja para compartir archivos.

What do you dislike?

Cada año, el fabricante presenta una nueva versión que requiere una actualización costosa. A veces me pregunto si esto es realmente necesario ya que las funciones del día a día realmente no cambian. El alcance está limitado a 2D si solo hablamos de AutoCAD y es un software muy básico. Además, la última versión del software viene solo para sistemas operativos de 64 bits .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si eres nuevo en AutoCAD, o vuelves a usarlo después de un tiempo prolongado, FORMATE. Los extras con cada versión no son muchos, requieren un conocimiento avanzado.

Uso AutoCAD para planificar el diseño de mis líneas de procucción. Facilita la planificación del espacio y me permite probar varios diseños sin necesidad de mover realmente el equipo. Nos hemos dado cuenta de que los problemas espaciales se pueden resolver con bastante facilidad con esto en lugar de probar y errar las mediciones humanas. Es fácil compartir dibujos. Los archivos son reconocidos por muchos programas principales de 3D para crear modelos de proyectos después.

AutoCAD review by Maria Jose N.
Maria Jose N.

"good sotfware"

What do you like best?

Autocad is good software to make plans. It is a useful tool, it has simple commands and it’s easy to handle. A lot of people know it, the fact that's a well-known tool makes a simple program for everyone to use.

What do you dislike?

It crashes all the time and I lose work and have to do it all over again. Also the fact that it is a basic software, to work in more specific subjects, autocad is too simple, and there are other programs that can provide other new an advance tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autocad is a good software to use in basic requirements.

Autocad is the go to software, when something goes wrong it is always there. In general it is very useful and it has been a basic tool in my work

AutoCAD review by Gladys Z.
Gladys Z.

"todo arquitecto usa autocad"

What do you like best?

Es eficiente y simple. Es fácil de aprender sin necesidad de gastar en hacer un curso para manejar el programa, Es bueno para el trabajo de línea simple y el texto

What do you dislike?

al momento de realizar un hatch los archivos se ponen muy pesados o a veces simplemente el programa se queda pegado.

Recommendations to others considering the product

bastante simple de usar una vez que aprende los accesos directos. Fácil de dibujar planes básicos y obtener dimensiones / tamaños de cosas

AutoCAD es el estándar de la industria para el diseño. De alguna manera es más fácil / mejor de usar que Revit. En otras formas, es más difícil y complicado. Solo depende de lo que tratas de dibujar. Ha sido el estándar de la industria por un tiempo, por lo que es bastante maduro en su desarrollo.

AutoCAD review by Emmanuel D.
Emmanuel D.

"AutoCAD Review"

What do you like best?

It allows exchanging information not only by paper, but by means of files, and this represents an improvement in speed and effectiveness when interpreting designs. It is possible to draw both in 3D and in 2D: from the 2D drawing in plan, there is the possibility of generating the 3D model in a much shorter time than it is used to draw an isometric or a perspective by hand. It has become a standard in computer design because it is very versatile, being able to expand the base program through programming.

What do you dislike?

The program has a high cost, due to its license. Knowing how to fully use the software requires a lot of time since there are many functions, and even that they are of little application, since they are very specific. It requires a powerful computer to work with processing speed, and a high space on the hard drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has tools so that the paper document is perfect, both in terms of aesthetics and information, since the finishing and presentation of a project or plan is important.

Drawings reviews and printing

AutoCAD review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Great software for 2D drawings and editing."

What do you like best?

The absolute best feature is being able to import, manipulate, and create PDFs. Being able to work with PDFs as if they were drawings has saved me hours upon hours of time. I also like that I can easily create documentation from my model space. This saves a lot of time if I am doing a one time documentation because I don't need to wrestle with the paper space.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of ease when drawing from scratch. It is difficult to draw quickly. I often have to create my designs in another program and then import them to Autocad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for 2D. There are other better programs for 3D modelling.

I use AutoCAD to edit and markup factory floorplans. I also use it to incorporate systems of equipment into floorplans to ensure they will work in the customer's space.

AutoCAD review by User

"AutoCAD overall is awesome but since switching to 2018. It's Laggy!"

What do you like best?

That it's so easy to use! Since they have added the ribbon bar it's very easy to click on commands that you don't remember. I still use the old fashion way of keying in the commands. But still very helpful when you forget.

What do you dislike?

It's very laggy at times. Mirror doesn't work sometimes. There are some problems that google cannot solve at times. Sometimes it crashes on me in the middle of me doing something as simple as a line or zooming in. Very frustrating when I have a deadline to have it done by. Plus the window that pops up that said's fatal error tends to freak me out!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use. Just don't be intimidated! A lot of people who first use this program come in scared of it. It's a wonderful tool and will be worth it in the end!! If you don't know something or if you are having a problem just google it. I have found almost all of my answers online on forums or youtube videos.

Whenever a client comes in with a floor plan. The designer and I space plan with the furniture the client has chosen. And to see if it will fit in the space. Because of this the designers have finalized sales!

AutoCAD review by Pam  M.
Pam M.

"I love Auto Cad and can't wait to learn all the tricks of the trade. "

What do you like best?

I am still learning but I love that I can take and old drawing and over lay it on and new one to see the changes. I like that you can log in and use the web version from anywhere, this was a huge selling feature. I also like all the support you offer. I haven't gotten in the 3D drawings yet but I am excited to use them in the future, I fully intend to use this program to the fullest, I just need to start training.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things I have come across but I am still learning the program so I'm not sure if I dislike it or just don't know how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so helpful once you get an understanding of the system, I am still working on the training but hope to have a full understanding of it in the end. There are so many training videos and documents on the Autodesk that I have been and continue to work with, there are also tons of training videos on line that are free and easy to access.

we are currently using this for space planning and all our floor plans for our building. I hope to in the future be using these for our active As-built that we receive from our engineers. I think this is where the dwg drawings over lapping with CAD will come in handy.

AutoCAD review by Alex J.
Alex J.

"I have enjoyed my experience with autocad, but see some improvements that could be made."

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to learn and the user friendly interface. I began using as a novice and was easily able to gain knowledge and increase my skill level in a short amount of time.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how tedious the system can be. For example, sometimes I would just simply like to change the dimensions of an object and it would be very simple to just click that object and move forward, but there are specific steps to take that seem a bit complex for such simple tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a vital tool in my work and if you are questioning the decision to try autocad, you may as well give it a shot. It is very effective in my opinion.

I have been re-drawing a floor plan as built from the original proposed drawings. It benefits me by having the ability to quickly draft said floor plans with straight lines, perfect shapes, exact distances, etc. that would be much more difficult by hand.

AutoCAD review by Ruby Ann C.
Ruby Ann C.

"AutoCAD Best for Designers and Engineers"

What do you like best?

Best for doing 2D design and drafting. It makes my everyday tasks easier while doing multiple design options. Tools and commands are easier to understand and can customize your command to make work faster. There's a lot of extension you can use that can suit the industry you are working with.

What do you dislike?

Not too much interactive with 3d modeling and rendering. I would like to have the capability of 3d max rendering or V-ray incorporated in this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product for designers out there who wants an easier way of planning and presentations to their clients. Been using this for 15 years and it keeps getting better.

Specification of furniture for commercial and real estate is one of problem we have in hand. Our company wants an integrated solution where we can do specification while doing the space planning. This software helps a lot in our space planning design and there is an add-on extension compatible with AutoCAD we used for specifying. Overall, the extension solves our specifying problem and planning with AutoCAD makes it easier.

AutoCAD review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"Easy and faster"

What do you like best?

the interface and the options are remarquable. I like the personalisation option, its practice and useful for all application ( electrical application and mechanical application ) . Autocad electrical is a beautiful way to work and produce schematic and plan.

What do you dislike?

The help option is complicated and not usefull ( Ithink ). There are to many options and operations for my application. for example, i use simply a little part of the autocad command. And the help option is not easy to use ( not instinctive ) .

Recommendations to others considering the product

the help option can be more interresting, to hard to use and understand. But generaly autocad is a complet application. For electrical application, I recommend autocad electrical for all option and configuration. I think autocad can be in the future create shortcut keypad command for the primitive autocad command. Personalisation of shortcut keypad command can be a option.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Electrical circuit for complet automate Equipment and panel management.

Learn more about AutoCAD

AutoCAD Videos

Learning about AutoCAD?

* We monitor all AutoCAD reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.