Autodesk 360

Autodesk A360 enables design and engineering centric project teams to work efficiently together in one central workspace.

Work for Autodesk 360?

Learning about Autodesk 360?

Autodesk 360 Reviews

Showing 24 Autodesk 360 reviews
Autodesk 360 review by <span>Matthew W.</span>
Matthew W.

"A good product that still needs improvement."

What do you like best?

Its interaction with Collaboration for Revit. And that you can grant access to someone without them having to buy any software.

What do you dislike?

The inability to download the views in a PDF form. And the fact there is no security, though a "high trust environment" is good in theory, in practice it does not always work on large projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a lot of questions about the environment. Also there will be alot of confusion about A360 and "Collaboration for Revit"; many have a misunderstanding that they are the same programs but they are separate programs that work closely together. The setup for the administrators is complicated. Understand that A360 is just the platform for a multitude of other programs that all work together to create the start of a solid collaborative experience.

Using the A360 on conjunction with Collaboration for Revit we have increased our productivity because we are not wasting our time uploading and downloading model(s) to and from consultants. Instead of opening the models and printing our PDFs or hard copies for client reviews. We can publish the model and then open the views at the client meeting. And the clients can access and comment on the views at their convenience.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Autodesk 360
Autodesk 360 review by <span>Chintan D.</span>
Chintan D.

"Cloud-Based Viewer"

What do you like best?

ACAD 360 is the portable version of AutoCAD is available for Windows 10 as a metro app and also on the popular Android version. I love when I am able to view the drawings on my mobile and touchscreen tablet. Becomes a lot portable to carry drawings on a construction site with features to zoom and measure using just fingers. You no longer need to carry huge A1 or A0 size print outs.

What do you dislike?

Every attachment that I open from my email on the phone is automatically to the ACAD 360 cloud. An option to just view should be available, in my opinion. Also the drawings sometimes take a lot of time to open. Sometimes they just get stuck at 12%.

It cannot directly open files from the computer if installed as a Win8 or Win10 app. It can only open from its own cloud or Dropbox, so be wary about that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a phone or a tablet with a good GPU if you really want the drawings to load faster.

As mentioned earlier, it makes any drawing easily portable. No need to carry large prints of A0 or A1 sizes on site. Pinch zoom in and zoom out features make it so intuitive to view the finest text, dimensions and details of a drawing.

What Other CAD solution do you use?

Autodesk 360 review by <span>Rimi A.</span>
Rimi A.

"Initially useful but decided against it. "

What do you like best?

I had wanted to make use of the cloud based workflow it initially offered but issues with signing in and logging into my account on tablets especially made it to cumbersome and too much of a hassle.

What do you dislike?

The usability of the software on tablets was not as good as I thought initially. Especially the account logins. Seemed to be intermittent and sign ins did not always go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait for future updates to work out issues as describe in my experience. Relating to login and account platforms on tablets.

I had wanted to streamline my design work and workflow but it ended up being easier to revert back to using Revit and Autodesk without the cloud based 360 options.

Autodesk 360 review by <span>Paula C.</span>
Paula C.

"Great cloud plataform"

What do you like best?

As a college student and Revit user for over 4 years I see Autodesk 360 as an amazing improvement of Autodesk services. The service that I use more often is render in the cloud for Revit. It can save time and I can check how it goes online, anyplace, anytime. As student I can use it for free.

What do you dislike?

As student I can use all cloud services for free but once I lose my student licence I have to purchase Autodesk 360 services. The price of Autodesk products for someone that is not student and is starting a career is kind of expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autodesk 360 offer many uses and possibilities to its users. This autodesk tool is a real life saver for those that need online storage to access files virtually, and work in collaboration with many people in different places. If you need to render your Revit scene, Autodesk 360 can manage many rendering jobs at the same time and in a shorter fraction of time than using your own computer. You can render your scene safely and online without worry about your computer, electricity power of file crashes. Using Autodesk 360 you can make your work hours more efficient and less stressful.

The main benefits that I can see as user of this product is the possibility to storage my files in the cloud safely and have access to it anytime. Autodesk 360 improve work efficiency in group projects.

Autodesk 360 review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Useful if you need the space, otherwise..."

What do you like best?

Autodesk 360 allows you to store you work and share it in order to collaborate. It is easy to use in that it is (or at least with me) included in your download of Autodesk/AutoCAD programs. It is very easy to share you work with those you are working on, or store it in the "cloud" as to protect it.

What do you dislike?

Many programs come with access to a/the "cloud" now. The two clouds I use most are those belonging to Google and Adobe, and with Google being essentially universal and easy to log in to (since usually linked to your email), Google's cloud storage is what I use most frequently. I only use Autodesk 360 if requested. And while not a particular concern of mine at the moment, we have all seen via media that the "cloud" can be hacked somewhat easily, so it might not be best when security is the utmost importance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It all comes down to your preference of digital storing of files. There are other programs and services that also offer the same functions as Autodesk 360, such as "Google". Personally, I don't use it due to cloud access via other programs.

Well, it helps with the issue of digital storage. Files from any rendering program are huge, and can take up valuable hard drive space, and this "can" help relieve that. Also, it helps protect your files if you suffer a fatal hard drive error or something, with the copies being store in the digital cloud rather than lost in the death of your hard drive.

Autodesk 360 review by <span>Paul L.</span>
Paul L.

"Review Design As A Team In the Cloud"

What do you like best?

I like how with Autodesk 360 the entire design team can share and review information graphically in one location in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Autodesk 360 does require a little getting used to for team members to use the site and all the features offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend Autodesk 360 as a product that can provide your design team to take the next step in coordinating the design process on-line.

It's difficult to find a product in the cloud that supports a thread of graphical images & comments privately with the design team and at the same time allow certain parts to be shared with the client.

Learning about Autodesk 360?

* We monitor all Autodesk 360 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.