Autodesk 360

3.4

Autodesk A360 enables design and engineering centric project teams to work efficiently together in one central workspace.

Work for Autodesk 360?

Learning about Autodesk 360?

Autodesk 360 Reviews

Ask Autodesk 360 a Question
Showing 25 Autodesk 360 reviews
Autodesk 360 review by Matthew W.
Matthew W.

"A good product that still needs improvement."

What do you like best?

Its interaction with Collaboration for Revit. And that you can grant access to someone without them having to buy any software.

What do you dislike?

The inability to download the views in a PDF form. And the fact there is no security, though a "high trust environment" is good in theory, in practice it does not always work on large projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a lot of questions about the environment. Also there will be alot of confusion about A360 and "Collaboration for Revit"; many have a misunderstanding that they are the same programs but they are separate programs that work closely together. The setup for the administrators is complicated. Understand that A360 is just the platform for a multitude of other programs that all work together to create the start of a solid collaborative experience.

Using the A360 on conjunction with Collaboration for Revit we have increased our productivity because we are not wasting our time uploading and downloading model(s) to and from consultants. Instead of opening the models and printing our PDFs or hard copies for client reviews. We can publish the model and then open the views at the client meeting. And the clients can access and comment on the views at their convenience.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Autodesk 360
Autodesk 360 review by Chintan D.
Chintan D.

"Cloud-Based Viewer"

What do you like best?

ACAD 360 is the portable version of AutoCAD is available for Windows 10 as a metro app and also on the popular Android version. I love when I am able to view the drawings on my mobile and touchscreen tablet. Becomes a lot portable to carry drawings on a construction site with features to zoom and measure using just fingers. You no longer need to carry huge A1 or A0 size print outs.

What do you dislike?

Every attachment that I open from my email on the phone is automatically to the ACAD 360 cloud. An option to just view should be available, in my opinion. Also the drawings sometimes take a lot of time to open. Sometimes they just get stuck at 12%.

It cannot directly open files from the computer if installed as a Win8 or Win10 app. It can only open from its own cloud or Dropbox, so be wary about that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a phone or a tablet with a good GPU if you really want the drawings to load faster.

As mentioned earlier, it makes any drawing easily portable. No need to carry large prints of A0 or A1 sizes on site. Pinch zoom in and zoom out features make it so intuitive to view the finest text, dimensions and details of a drawing.

What Other CAD solution do you use?

Autodesk 360 review by Rimi A.
Rimi A.

"Initially useful but decided against it. "

What do you like best?

I had wanted to make use of the cloud based workflow it initially offered but issues with signing in and logging into my account on tablets especially made it to cumbersome and too much of a hassle.

What do you dislike?

The usability of the software on tablets was not as good as I thought initially. Especially the account logins. Seemed to be intermittent and sign ins did not always go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait for future updates to work out issues as describe in my experience. Relating to login and account platforms on tablets.

I had wanted to streamline my design work and workflow but it ended up being easier to revert back to using Revit and Autodesk without the cloud based 360 options.

Autodesk 360 review by Paula C.
Paula C.

"Great cloud plataform"

What do you like best?

As a college student and Revit user for over 4 years I see Autodesk 360 as an amazing improvement of Autodesk services. The service that I use more often is render in the cloud for Revit. It can save time and I can check how it goes online, anyplace, anytime. As student I can use it for free.

What do you dislike?

As student I can use all cloud services for free but once I lose my student licence I have to purchase Autodesk 360 services. The price of Autodesk products for someone that is not student and is starting a career is kind of expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autodesk 360 offer many uses and possibilities to its users. This autodesk tool is a real life saver for those that need online storage to access files virtually, and work in collaboration with many people in different places. If you need to render your Revit scene, Autodesk 360 can manage many rendering jobs at the same time and in a shorter fraction of time than using your own computer. You can render your scene safely and online without worry about your computer, electricity power of file crashes. Using Autodesk 360 you can make your work hours more efficient and less stressful.

The main benefits that I can see as user of this product is the possibility to storage my files in the cloud safely and have access to it anytime. Autodesk 360 improve work efficiency in group projects.

Autodesk 360 review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Useful if you need the space, otherwise..."

What do you like best?

Autodesk 360 allows you to store you work and share it in order to collaborate. It is easy to use in that it is (or at least with me) included in your download of Autodesk/AutoCAD programs. It is very easy to share you work with those you are working on, or store it in the "cloud" as to protect it.

What do you dislike?

Many programs come with access to a/the "cloud" now. The two clouds I use most are those belonging to Google and Adobe, and with Google being essentially universal and easy to log in to (since usually linked to your email), Google's cloud storage is what I use most frequently. I only use Autodesk 360 if requested. And while not a particular concern of mine at the moment, we have all seen via media that the "cloud" can be hacked somewhat easily, so it might not be best when security is the utmost importance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It all comes down to your preference of digital storing of files. There are other programs and services that also offer the same functions as Autodesk 360, such as "Google". Personally, I don't use it due to cloud access via other programs.

Well, it helps with the issue of digital storage. Files from any rendering program are huge, and can take up valuable hard drive space, and this "can" help relieve that. Also, it helps protect your files if you suffer a fatal hard drive error or something, with the copies being store in the digital cloud rather than lost in the death of your hard drive.

Autodesk 360 review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Review Design As A Team In the Cloud"

What do you like best?

I like how with Autodesk 360 the entire design team can share and review information graphically in one location in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Autodesk 360 does require a little getting used to for team members to use the site and all the features offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend Autodesk 360 as a product that can provide your design team to take the next step in coordinating the design process on-line.

It's difficult to find a product in the cloud that supports a thread of graphical images & comments privately with the design team and at the same time allow certain parts to be shared with the client.

Autodesk 360 review by User

"University Student Utilizing Multiple Autodesk Software"

What do you like best?

What I enjoy most about Autodesk 360 is its capability to fluidly interact with so many Autodesk software.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Autodesk 360 is the user interface. Its rather boring compared to other Autodesk softwares. While this may seem like a trivial complaint, I believe that it is important to have a good UI in terms of both workflow and overall appeal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say to give it a shot. Fro about the first year of using Autodesk products, I consistently ignored Autodesk 360 but, once I gave it a shot, I realized that 360 is actually the perfect software to bridge all other Autodesk software.

I use Autodesk 360 to help coordinate my university projects and their interchangeability between various Autodesk software such as Alias, Maya, and Showcase.

Autodesk 360 review by Gaurav P.
Gaurav P.

"A fully integrated union of both cloud storage and a web based CAD application"

What do you like best?

The basic Autodesk 360 is a free program; you just need to sign up to get the 5 GB storage and access to the basic apps. You can edit files through web and mobile apps without having to install the full version of all of them. This system gives the benefit of allowing designers to access their files from any location and on any device

What do you dislike?

It does not sync to windows folders in real time and the cost, which if purchased, can be a challenge for many.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It provides free rendering capabilities to users and makes sure one does not have to spend a load of money to use useful features needed per use. All in all, a must try for someone needed a whole variety of specs to choose from.

Autodesk 360 is a great program, built to be accessible to all CAD users and expandable as needed for use by even the most demanding professional organizations.

Autodesk 360 review by Nora A.
Nora A.

"Autodesk 360 Review"

What do you like best?

Having the opportunity to use a software like Autodesk 360 gave me the chance to truly administer my creative mind in a hands-on way. Autodesk 360 gives its users the ability to design, view & edit various structures, etc. The quality of the software and the quality of the software support is uncanny! I highly recommend this product.

What do you dislike?

In all honesty, there isn't much to dislike about Autodesk 360. This software gives users a variety of ways to interact with the software and results in an overall great experience for all involved!

Recommendations to others considering the product

To those that are considering using Autodesk 360 - ask yourself the following. Are you someone who is looking to have a highly interactive experience with your projects? Are you looking to take your design skills to the next level with a product that is highly responsive to its users? Then Autodesk 360 is a great pick!

I used this software for classes in order to help design various structures. The ability to move the objects and look at them in a different light really added to the learning experience.

Autodesk 360 review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Cloud Power to all."

What do you like best?

It is really simple to set up things and connect all your autodesk tools.

I use it at the faculty account and it is truly integrated to the core where you can easily save, render and collect data from the cloud without trouble.

It is so transparent you don't even realize at some point you are on the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I hope to have better render tools for online render, perhaps now with Arnold render it will be extraordinary. Looking forward to have Lagoa integrated everywhere as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really strait forward, nothing to comment.

Creative decisions and prototypes.

Autodesk 360 review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Autodesk 360"

What do you like best?

Autodesk has done a great job of utilizing the cloud to help get jobs done. It helps a lot if you need to work remotely. It makes things much easier when you are working on a project and problems arise.

What do you dislike?

Like all cloud based software, it will take time to upload and download the projects. It also has the restriction of requiring you to be on-line at all times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autodesk is continually improving their cloud based software package. Using this software with the others can help projects go much smoother if remote access is needed.

We like to utilize the software for remote access to our projects. It has come in the most handy when an unexpected issue arises and we dont have the right project on our laptop. We can easily access our information from the cloud.

Autodesk 360 review by Jonathan A.
Jonathan A.

"A Solid Cloud-Based Software"

What do you like best?

The ability to share and collaborate with others who don't have any software and 360's obvious comparability with all Autodesk software.

What do you dislike?

I often need to download directly to PDF, therefore the inability to do this is inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use other Autodesk software, it makes sense to use this.

Again, the compatibility with other Autodesk programs is key because I daily use CAD and others.

Autodesk 360 review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Moderate usage/moderately useful"

What do you like best?

I like the connectivity and the ability it gives users to sync their experience across different Autodesk applications. Customizability is another plus this has in its repertoire.

What do you dislike?

Not really necessary, and honestly does not add anything to a workday that warrants its use. It needs alot more in my opinion to make it a office necessity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give it a try and test it out. For some it may prove to be a useful program, but for others it may not really be of much use. Only way to know is to test it out for yourself.

Electrical design for residential, commercial, and industrial building. Truly the customizability and connectivity are the only benefits I would say are worthwhile with this program.

Autodesk 360 review by Tiago B.
Tiago B.

"Autodesk 360 Review"

What do you like best?

It is amazing to be able to use the AutoCad in my iPad, or on a computer with no AutoCad installed.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't Like is that the commands are different on iPad.

It's amazing to be able to use the AutoCad in my iPad while I'm on the field....

Autodesk 360 review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Cloud based storage for my projects"

What do you like best?

I like how my projects are available from any machine with the software I'm using.

What do you dislike?

The legacy versions installed on my machine pop up with errors occasionally.

Easy to share projects between me and colleagues.

Autodesk 360 review by User in Design
User in Design

"A360"

What do you like best?

I like that when an architect posts a new model it automatically updates in to our model.

What do you dislike?

Price! I think that this product should be included with the autodesk subscription. The programs are already over priced.

We longer had to update the architectural model because it would automatically do it in real time as the architect updated their model. However, because of the price we do not currently use it.

Autodesk 360 review by mike r.
mike r.

"Great Cloud sharing CAD product "

What do you like best?

Great product to be able to share cad documents and even large PDF files

What do you dislike?

Takes a little effort to copy and paste the links.

Ability to share files and documents

Autodesk 360 review by Administrator in Security and Investigations
Administrator in Security and Investigations

"Could be better"

What do you like best?

Love the concept of Autodesk 360 and the idea of central document deposits

What do you dislike?

Autodesk don't seem to have yet made a decision of where to go with the software just yet

The benefits realized are that you can use a single document source for production purposes

User in Architecture & Planning

"Autodesk 360 for landscape design"

What do you like best?

Improved raster capabilities and GIS data integration

What do you dislike?

I find the plotting, fonts, and pen type features confusing.

We use Autodesk for site plans, engineering, and general mapping.

Autodesk 360 review by User in Design
User in Design

"Access handy"

What do you like best?

The ability to access a project from almost anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike, but a hurtle for other to learn and use this great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great considerations should be taken when deciding on this powerful tool. I would recommend it for everyone to try it.

Achieving goals set for completion of projects.

Autodesk 360 review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

Great keyboard shortcuts, that can be customized to my liking.

What do you dislike?

It can be overwhelming to learn at first, so like better support would be appreciated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your actual needs, it might be for you.

Making terrain plans

"Autodesk 360 "

What do you like best?

Ease of control panel and cloud rendering service

What do you dislike?

Requirement of purchasing cloud credits in packages of 100

Visualization with clients is huge. The largest benefit is being able to show a client the design before construction is complete

"Good Program"

What do you like best?

Flexibility and Compatibility with programs and other users

What do you dislike?

None at the moment, no complaints, it's a great program.

Keeping the team as organized / in sync as possible.

Autodesk 360 review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Autodesk 360"

What do you like best?

Remotely connecting to my computer is nice.

What do you dislike?

When it stops working and I can't connect to my computer.

Working from home.

Autodesk 360 review by Consultant in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Consultant in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Dont really need it"

What do you like best?

Cloud storage is good to have. No additional cost

What do you dislike?

Don't really need it. Local storage is much faster.

Sharing files, can share on different platforms.

Learning about Autodesk 360?

* We monitor all Autodesk 360 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.