Autodesk InfraWorks 360

InfraWorks 360™ preliminary engineering and design software improves your infrastructure project outcomes throughout the asset lifecycle. Make decisions in the context of the real world, not the CAD world. Combine and connect data to better create, view, analyze, share, and manage information anywhere, on any device using the power of the cloud.

Work for Autodesk InfraWorks 360?

Learning about InfraWorks 360?

Autodesk InfraWorks 360 Reviews

Showing 28 InfraWorks 360 reviews
InfraWorks 360 review by <span>Pierre C.</span>
Pierre C.

Excellent logiciel de simulation 3D

What do you like best?

Here at WSP. we mainly use Autodesk Infraworks 360 for 3D visualization of large infrastructure projects.

What I especially like with Infraworks 360 is the ease with which the integration of geospatial data is. The result is very much appreciated by our customers in static images at the level of cutscenes rendered.

What do you dislike?

Some highly specialized tasks can be carried out, I am talking about, for example, accurate road embankments unless using it with Autodesk 3D Studio Max Design which increases costs by software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to achieve visual simulations easily and cheaply you can go with Infraworks 360!

Certain highly specialized tasks can be carried out, I am talking about, for example, road embankments unless using it with Autodesk 3D Studio Max Design which increases costs by software.

The visualization of large infrastructure such as port projects. Autodesk Infraworks 360, I can achieve amazing very detailed visual simulation beings that can be easy video output. No other software can achieve this level of quality in such a short time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Autodesk InfraWorks 360
InfraWorks 360 review by <span>Todd R.</span>
Todd R.

InfraWorks 360 in a Production Environment

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. InfraWorks is very easy to use and very easy to learn. Now you even have the ability to do about 40% of your design work in a 3D environment.

What do you dislike?

Some of the visualization is not very realistic. There are some tweaks to get animation in InfraWorks, but other than that, it's a static environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this software. There are plenty of resources to get you going and stay on the right path.

I work for an Autodesk Reseller, so I'm not really solving any business problems for myself. Only customers.

However, the benefits I have realized is that showing a potential client their project in 3D is much more efficient and easier to win projects.

What Civil Engineering Design solution do you use?

InfraWorks 360 review by <span>Erik N.</span>
Erik N.

Very capable software for 3D project models.

What do you like best?

Overall I like the ease of use. I started this software from basically nothing, and learned as I went. I have no formal AutoCAD or 3D training. (I am a GIS Professional). I have been using InfraWorks since its infancy. I was given a license and told to come up with a model within a few weeks. I found the interface intelligent, and it was simple to learn the basics. From here I have branched out and done multiple complicated models, and people seem so love the aspect of being able to see something come to life before the project is underway/completed.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe about InfraWorks is the database upgrades. Every release comes with one, and it you have a model that you work on between upgrades, you need to make a copy (these models can get HUGE!!!). I have also been burned by an upgrade; I had a model upgrade, and I lost all of my 3D models from Sketchup, a few of my road profiles were gone, and most of my styles had disappeared. I am hoping I don't need to use that specific model again, as I will have to overhaul it completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software to showcase projects, look no further. You will easily be able to show off your projects before it even breaks ground!

This software really helps with our public outreach. When working on a large or even controversial project, showing the end user final results early on can ease minds and tensions. I have used this to build a majority of my local city out and used it to showcase flood protection projects. I have built many smaller models as well showing simple things such as ponds and new streets. Its also a plus that project managers love seeing a project in 3D!

InfraWorks 360 review by <span>James L.</span>
James L.

G2 Crowd Autodesk Infraworks 360

What do you like best?

Model builder, the ease to create design roads, intersections and round abouts

What do you dislike?

Model builders kindergarten apperance compared to Apple 3D Maps and Google Earth

Recommendations to others considering the product

get the model builder to produce the quality of Google Earth and Apple Maps for 3d buildings and you will have people drive over in masses just to use that tool. Also also let them create Sheets with their snapshots and give them the ability to print or pdf them. Also focus on more land grading tools like parking lots, curbs, gutters and retaining walls.

giving the client and the public something they can understand and play with verses a set of static 2d flat plans. The benefits is the potential to use the Augmented Reality to show proposed project or show the utilities companies we can see the pipes underground in real time out on the site on our ipad.

InfraWorks 360 review by <span>Aaron P.</span>
Aaron P.

Planning tool evolving into a design tool!

What do you like best?

Easily and quickly gather data for a project using Model Explorer and create realistic visual presentations. Now that the modules are all included, designers can create preliminary designs within minutes compared to hours using traditional design software.

What do you dislike?

I disliked having to install all the separate modules, but now that they are incorporated, there isn't much to dislike. The user environment is easy to navigate and exporting to Civil 3D is simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to be blown away!

Transportation, commercial and residential designs are being conceptually planned and designed currently. The benefits are efficiently creating 3D models of a conceptual design within minutes, exporting to C3D and finalizing the design. With the robust tools inside Infraworks 360, more being added monthly, I see the program as the next solution for all preliminary planning, design, point cloud recognition and presentation design.

InfraWorks 360 review by <span>Colby B.</span>
Colby B.

Innovative, Exciting Product

What do you like best?

I like that models can be created with terrain from a google earth type interface. It's great that the model brings in/creates buildings and roads. I love that some hydrology/drainage can be done in the product. I like that InfraWorks is embracing new possibilities and I'm sure that the software is capable of more than I am aware of.

What do you dislike?

It has a tough time when a new bridge is added to the existing road. I wasn't able to figure out how to do any type of HEC-RAS modeling in the software. I haven't figured out how to import a survey dgn correctly. I was not very successful with creating small watersheds along an entire roadway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add the ability to integrate Hydraulic Modeling (HEC-RAS type) and Traffic Analysis (Synchro) if not already integrated.

We would like to use the software for presentations and meetings for sure. I thinks its so fast and user friendly that it nearly takes away the need for the consulting technical civil engineer. It's ease of rendering is great. The software is visually appealing. I'm sure it can be helpful in plan production but I haven't used it for that yet.

Learning about Autodesk InfraWorks 360?

* We monitor all Autodesk InfraWorks 360 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.