Autodesk Vault

Collaboration and Data Management Software.

Work for Autodesk Vault?
Arena plm 2x

Learning about Vault?

Autodesk Vault Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 40 Vault reviews
Vault review by Administrator

a must have

What do you like best?

it really does fulfill the name for any design company the most important data we have is our design and how and who can access the designs and vault will definitely do that for you

very user-friendly

the add-ins in other software like word or excel which makes this product for everything u want to save on your computer, not just designs and technical drawings

What do you dislike?

to be honest, I don't think there are any major problems with this Vault as it delivers all the thing and expectation I would expect from it but if I would improve something I would improve the search feature as there can be an advanced search so I can add the author or the date and so on

I would improve the access, for example, the should be different levels and so nit everyone can access everything

what would be really nice if there was a cloud that we can save the data in it and we can access it from every were

as i have mentioned before we needed something or a software that we can store all of our designs and documents and Vault have helped us in doing this as made it really simple and easy

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Autodesk Vault
Vault review by <span>Chris R.</span>
Chris R.

Autodesk Vault Pro 2015

What do you like best?

Autodesk Vault provides us with a great level of document, drawing and part/assembly control. It's easy interface makes navigation and conducting tasks seamless. ECO control was a great addition to us and helps ensure the traceability of parts and assemblies. The subscription package ensures we always have the most up to date software and of course the level of help and support has been excellent from our software vendor and through Autodesk help centre.

What do you dislike?

If I had to suggest an improvement on anything it would be Autodesk Vault web viewer, many of my colleagues use this in various departments, quality, goods inwards, inspection etc. The issue we have is that it's a bit tedious navigating around and locating exactly what you require.

I feel a lite version of the actual software would be much more beneficial to us, because the overall idea works so well it's imperative that multiple sectors within the business have access to the Vault purely for viewing information.

We have multiple vaults across our global sites, the connection of these doesn't seem possible which is something that would be beneficial to us.

We are solving the possibility of drawing change, part deletion, and incorrect revisions of parts / assemblies being manufactured. This has helped us going forward with ECO control, ensuing that products are manufactured correctly first time around to the correct revision that a customer requires.

In terms of quality audits, Autodesk Vault has been a godsend, easily helping us to satisfy any audit requirements from ISO or supplier audits.

It has also helped us to collaborate a central location for our project files, previously documents and items were scattered in multiple locations, bringing that together certainly saves time and thus increases productivity.

What PLM solution do you use?

Vault review by <span>Kenny C.</span>
Kenny C.

Fantastic CAD data management

What do you like best?

Vault provides a one-stop solution for CAD data management that operates on standard Microsoft server software/hardware. The Vault solutions provide integration into a number of external packages and an API exists for hardcore developers to bring in new ties. Within the Autodesk software environments that we typically use, Vault has provided us with seamless data retention, security, and version control simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

The implementation and initial setup can be daunting. Your internal IT staff will likely be able to handle it if they are well rounded, but inexperienced admins and small departments may need to seek the support of their reseller or Autodesk directly for advanced implementation assistance. Personally, I am also not a huge fan of the fact that the software creates local copies of the data for your consumption; however, it does track the data against the database which alerts you if your local copy is out of date. I also don't care for the extra add-on costs for access to non-CAD employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need CAD data management - this is the absolute best way to do it.

Vault has been able to provide us with a wonderful version tracking system that alerts us about the status of design data. We are able to identify the single source of truth in the system and easily propagate that information downstream. Our firm has increased our design speed and productivity by utilizing Vault and not spending time chasing versions or wondering who has the file checked out.

Vault review by <span>Russell F.</span>
Russell F.

Tube Bending Bussiness

What do you like best?

The customization of the product. Very powerful and helps our business stay organized. It have made us more efficient as a company.

What do you dislike?

The product is only as good as the administrator who sets it up. If your administrator is not literate in Vault then you will not have a good experience with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have an expert give tutorials and customer support.

Efficiency, organization, and visibility of who has what.

Vault review by <span>Florim K.</span>
Florim K.

Love how it connects different offices

What do you like best?

I appreciate the fact that Autodesk actually thought of a way of connecting their customers and help project get out the door faster. Its a very useful took to share information and data, including drawings and attachements through a very secure network which is something I do not need to worry about.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure on how this program is marketed, but a lot of companies nowadays need something like the Vault. A lot of engineers, developers, contractors and architects are not aware of the existence of a program like this, I wish they would market this a lot more so I offices that have it do not have to do the marketing for a program we already use and love to convince our partners to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend everyone to do their research and see if this the right program for their office. I would also suggest to watch a few tutorial videos as it will help with the speed of using the program.

It has connected the famous 3. The architects, the engineers and contractors. Now there is a way to share all of our updates on any project and work together without having to schedule daily meetings. It has helped me get projects done on time and meet client deadlines,

Vault review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Extremely useful and painful at the same time.

What do you like best?

Makes it easier to work on large assemblies, keeping the advantages of working on a local machine, while storing it on a server.

What do you dislike?

How easy it is to get something out of order, when multiple users are working on the same thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to set rules in place before installing this. Have a point person to act as an internal consultant. Order of checking in and out are important!

Creating large layout designs without having to deal with network lag.

Learning about Autodesk Vault?

* We monitor all Autodesk Vault reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.