Automate

AutoMate is an intuitive platform that lets you automate almost any business process without writing code. Streamline your file transfers, user provisioning, report generation, and more.

Work for Automate?

Learning about Automate?

Automate Reviews

Ask Automate a Question
Showing 28 Automate reviews
Automate review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="0f7ae4be-cb6c-4fb3-a7c8-ec9b4cd2c6d1">Mark F.</span>
Mark F.
" itemprop="name" />

"Product fits niche for terminal emulation"

What do you like best?

The product supports terminal emulation which allows you to automate legacy software that may not be possible (or economical) in other ways. There are also many other abilities in the software such as web and ftp automation. It has quite a wide range of options.

What do you dislike?

The development environment is rather clunky. You either have to use a "wizard like" development style that utilizes lots of drag-n-drop and wizards, or you can use a rather undocumented, extremely verbose XML style language.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is great for our needs, which was easy terminal emulation. Although I automate way more than what Automate does for us, I would not consider switching our other automation activities from our current .NET programs to Automate. ETL, file transfers, database actions, etc all have a better solution for a developer. A non-programmer might consider using Automate for some of these actions.

We use the software to do terminal emulation allowing us to automate legacy software (for the purpose of integration with another app). It was either that or try a 3rd IBM programmer to integrate new software. The software was much cheaper than the programmers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Automate
Automate review by Marc D.
Marc D.

"Automate BPA Server: A crucial tool for our IT Infrastructure automation"

What do you like best?

Automate (BPA Server) comes with an enormous set of functions ( Actions and triggers), has a clear and intuitive interface. The way you put together a task/workflow is very logical and what perhaps most important: "help" is also very clear and gets you on the way quickly if you're stuck with a problem.

Another great feature is that you can switch from the easy drag & drop (no coding) method of developing, to text mode and add custom code to create even more complex tasks.

What do you dislike?

We used a complex code in BPA v.9 which suddenly doesn't work in v.10 and Automate support wasn't very helpful in resolving the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Automate is one of the best tools I've used for business process automation. Yes, there are probably better and more extensive tools out there but you always need to look at features/cost. For its price, I have very little doubt that Automate/Automate BPA Server is one of the best in its segment. Before we got Automate BPA Server, I looked at many products and although some seemed similar in features, none came close to to Automate in terms of clear and professional interface and workflow. True, there are some features that are missing but you will find that in all products so it's a question of "can I live without them or not?" or "can I get my results though a different approach?". Don't forget that Automate also supports VBScripting, Powershell, DOS commands as well as its own coding language.

We use BPA for tasks, simple as replicating data from point A to point B to extracting data from AD, SQL and other sources and processing this data for different purposes. BPA interfaces with our ERP systems for EDI and ETL tasks, ...

What Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solution do you use?

Automate review by William W.
William W.

"97% Satisfied. I usually can find a work around."

What do you like best?

The use of actions that can be customized allows you to build tasks that are very specific. When the goal of automating a process is achieved time and money is saved. Because there are variations in the digital world that cannot always be foreseen, the tasks do need to be monitored. I like the ability to receive a text if an error occurs.

The support forum has been very helpful. When I started using AutoMate I used it constantly. Now, not so much.

What do you dislike?

There are certain errors that occur that I cannot understand. The main one is "Cannot find focused window". If the window is focused, how is it that the software cannot find it?

Moving from one major version to another does not always go smoothly. Your previous tasks may need some adjustments to run properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When evaluating AutoMate I was impressed with the relaxed "try it out and see" approach. The other company was extremely pushy and wanted you to purchase upgraded versions to include what AutoMate had in its regular package. The OCR capability was particularly important to me. That came with base version of AutoMate.

We are creating charts for billing in a very controlled process. The billing company will charge us for each chart that is sent to them. If the chart is non-billable we would be charged for that chart as well. We can now appropriately create the appropriate charts to send to the billing company. These tasks usually take 3 hours to run daily. This actually saves about 10 man hours.

Automate review by Anthony E.
Anthony E.

"The easiest way to schedule jobs and manage processes!"

What do you like best?

The best part of AutoMate is how easy it is to create tasks for any situation. No prior scripting knowledge is necessary. Our company has been using AutoMate for about 10 years now and it's become an intricate part of how we do business.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of something that I don't like about it. It does everything I want it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They give you a free trial. I suggest you use that and see for yourself. I understand that my words mean little. Take a trial run, you won't be disappointed.

We use AutoMate to schedule FTP downloads and uploads, run reports, and cleanup old files. After completing the job we have AutoMate send email notifications so that we can be sure it was done completed. The product has saved us countless hours of scripting or managing these things manually. We can focus our attention on bigger projects.

Automate review by Ross W.
Ross W.

"Love this automation product - it's extremely powerful and support is also excellent."

What do you like best?

It can do everything! It is now doing the work of at least 2 FTEs, but it doesn't need breaks/vacations/training # ; ) Support is excellent too, when an issue occurs or you need ideas on how to accomplish a task - support does a great job helping out.

What do you dislike?

I prefer products that are "all or nothing" where you don't have to purchase additional "modules" to do certain tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dedicate at least one resource to spend a lot of time getting things setup, tested, and implemented. It DOES take a lot of trial and error to get things going, but after things are running smoothly it's fairly hands-off.

We automated about 25 sFTP tasks and moving files from here to there throughout the day. The folder monitoring is a great feature and helped us by kicking off tasks immediately, instead of waiting on a certain time to run them.

Automate review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"Awesome automation tool!"

What do you like best?

We have a large number (hundreds) of user-specific reports which need to run automatically and be emailed out. Automate handles the task with ease. We also have files that transfer between some of our suppliers and ourselves as often as every 30 minutes. Again Automate handles this for us with no problem.

What do you dislike?

It has awesome capability with Excel. I wish it could interact better with our legacy system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it now. You will not regret it.

We have a service which analyzes our purchasing needs on-the-fly. When purchase orders are created on their system we need to pull them down (using FTP) to our own system. Automate handles this by polling the FTP site every 5 minutes and pulling down any new files. Clearly this removes the individual user from having to do this manually throughout the day.

Automate review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great software, but high annual maintenance costs that don't provide much"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to automate large tasks involving complex and differing data types from multiple types of systems at once.

What do you dislike?

The base software is expensive, but with all the features of the software, it's really worth it. My problems really comes from the high annual maintenance fees $1500+) and what you don't get in exchange for them. Updates to address issues are incredibly slow and sporadic - as an example, issues I reported as a problem in the v10 beta in March 2014 weren't fixed until two and half years later in August of 2016 with v10.5. Also, in the previous version, v9, you could load the software on a workstation and connect to a licensed server for free, but in v10 that feature was removed without warning so they could get additional license fees. The tutorials and examples on the site are largely out of date and neglected, and so was their blog until very recently. While they did produce a bunch of new features with v10 (including finally having x64 and x32 versions), it was released over two years ago, and there hasn't been any communication about when new versions or features can be expected in the future. It's also rather unfortunate that there's no automatic check or alerts for updates - you have to manually check for updates, which then have to be manually downloaded and require a full software uninstall (needs server reboot) and reinstall.

We've fully automated user onboard and offboarding, several types of regular HR and Accounting reports / functions, and data synchronizing between systems, all of which saves a lot of employee time so they can work on other things.

Automate review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Good overall - very flexible product"

What do you like best?

The drag and drop interface for the workflows, and the flexibility of error handling. The ability to interact with any window that can appear on the screen is great as well. It definitely improved the overall efficiency of our department.

What do you dislike?

The errors that are produced when something fails can be a little confusing, but once you get the hang of it they do make sense (most of the time). The upgrade process is a little odd - you have to uninstall the current version and install the new version - which is odd in this day and age of on the fly updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely invest in their professional services for training on the product. We bought but haven't been able to attend yet, so we have had to figure some things out ourselves when the training would have answered that for us.

We have a lot of business processes that required a lot of intervention from my staff, and this has allowed us to automate the majority of those tasks - so that my staff is free to just do verification rather than the actual work.

Automate review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Why I Use AutoMate"

What do you like best?

In 2012, I started looking at different products to automate all of my company’s manual processes. Which was time consuming and montane work. We have automated over 100 manual processes using the following products from Help Systems. Robot Scheduler, Skybot Scheduler and AutoMate.

The reason I like AutoMate is that I can use this product in conjunction with Help Systems other products or by itself. AutoMate allows me to connect to UNC Network Drive and move file from one server to the other, The SFTP option is grate because I can download files for days or weeks in the past, Combing Excel workbook, Sending Secure Email to vendors, Merging text files, Connecting to SharePoint. AutoMate has definitely improved our daily workflow process and I will looking for more ways to use the AutoMate to make my Company work process better each day. For me saving time is saving money. Therefore, I would recommend this product to any company who is looking for ways to automate their manual process

What do you dislike?

You cannot discount from the server without locking the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are like me who does not like to manual processes, then you will like this product

We have solved several daily, weekly and monthly manual, this has cut down on human error moving files to our vendor, like our payroll files and other.

Automate review by Richard L.
Richard L.

"Furthers Lean Six Sigma in Legal Evidence Management"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Scripting in powershell or other methods can be tedious, difficult, and not possible depending on the task required.

What do you dislike?

I can't say anything that displeases me, honestly.

I use it to automatically move evidence from intake to backup/DR systems, validate the copy and log a report of each. It saves time from billable resources handling these tasks. I also use it to lookup client/matter numbers from a database with no API.

Automate review by David C.
David C.

"Automate Professional Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and powerful features. Also good support.

What do you dislike?

No reporting features - i.e.: tasks by folder, enabled/disabled tasks, tasks by trigger type, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps greatly if you understand logic flow (if/then, loops, etc)

Using mainly for FTP jobs (30 vendors), also for process and file checks.

Automate review by Mark H.
Mark H.

"Best ETL Product Out There"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure - minimal training for my team

What do you dislike?

some exes wont work. We have some in house executables that won't run unless run manulally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great product that's easy to use

been able to automate all of our daily data loads and procedures. Notifications are great for monitoring.

Automate review by Carl L.
Carl L.

"Excellent tool with tremendous power."

What do you like best?

The breadth of things that it is capable of.

What do you dislike?

It is not terribly performant if you are preforming actions on thousands of items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the cost!

EDI data trading, document and publication production, environment monitoring, many business workflows utilizing CRM and SharePoint.

Automate review by User in Investment Banking
User in Investment Banking

"Robust Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

We are using automate to help with integration our bank payment files with our banking partner. The software is very robust and allows us to see exactly when a payment file is generated, transmitted, and if an error is experienced.

What do you dislike?

I would say you need to be a pretty technical user to create your own automation scenarios.

We've been using this software for over 2 years to integrate our wires with Bank of America via secured FTP.

Automate review by Rajesh K.
Rajesh K.

"Automate Review"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like is Minimum to no scripting

What do you dislike?

Many automation options could be added to the product

Automated Reporting and notifications based on conditions

Automate review by Administrator in Textiles
Administrator in Textiles

"A tool that helps us out and is as easy or as complex as you need it to be"

What do you like best?

We do a lot of ETL and automate helps supplement some of the tasks that SSIS or SQL doesn't do as easily.

What do you dislike?

There are times triggers double fire or don't fire. Not sure if it's app setup or our environment. Crashes sometimes.

Helping automate our on-demand ETL processes. The benefit is that it saves time. We underutilize it,

Automate review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Automate Review"

What do you like best?

Completes processes at night that I don't have to manually do.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are processes that fail but can't figure out why as it is random.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Takes tasks off of a user and does it automatically.

Running processes at night that would be taxing on the system if ran during the day.

Automate review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"AutoMate Review"

What do you like best?

The variety of actions I can automate and the power to manage repetitive tasks

What do you dislike?

The cost of adding additional functionality and the lack of support for Microsoft Word

Month end processing - no longer requires someone to always give up their time at the end and beginning of each month

Automate review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use. Quick to make New Tasks.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I've noticed so far is not being able to connect to x64 data source.

We automatically send reports and run through processes on various applications in our ERP package. This saves a ton of time.

Automate review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"AutoMate is incredibly flexible and easy to setup."

What do you like best?

Automate data connections between nearly any source and destination.

What do you dislike?

limited hooks into Active Directory force us to use other software which is frustrating!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not find an easier tool to connect diverse sets of data.

Synchronizing security groups between on premise and cloud Sharepoint

Automate review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Easly implemented for common everyday task. "

What do you like best?

the ability to automate the process that would take all day to run.

What do you dislike?

limited functionality for the web app not being able to run the desired process and not have to run the full work flow.

Download and loading file into the system.

Automate review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool to meet a variety of use cases"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of the workflows to meet multiple different connecting systems.

What do you dislike?

Lack of a QA/dev environment included in the base package.

We are loading clinical data through several different transformation layers and ultimately into a data warehouse. The alerting/logging has been a huge benefit.

Automate review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Working with automate for last 3 years"

What do you like best?

To set up the scheduled job and also schedule file watcher

What do you dislike?

viewing the reports. Sometimes it brings the server down

File watcher and file copy and moving for the bank files that arrive daily and sweeping them as soon as they arrive

Automate review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Best automate software"

What do you like best?

Can do wathever you want simply, and works perfect

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need some information and I only has in the web, maybe an offline documents will be good

Automate task with web pages

Automate review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Use for daily tasks"

What do you like best?

The idea of creating automating tasks for items that repeat daily is great

What do you dislike?

the cost increased significally for the upgraded version

Just working on daily tasks

Automate review by Administrator in Railroad Manufacture
Administrator in Railroad Manufacture

"Quality Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

Ability to interact with disparate systems with ease. The software allows multiple ways to edit, transfer, data between multiple OS'es and systems.

What do you dislike?

The software is a little overpriced, hopefully Help SYstems will realize that and correct it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to give it a try, it is a powerful solution.

FTP automation, AD integration.

Automate review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

The new consoles in the latest update. It allows multiple users with differing roles to have access.

What do you dislike?

Seems to hang when it gets very busy. I wish it had better recovery for this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it and jump into it with both feet!

Primarily SFTP and other file movements

Automate review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Great product - missing amazon services in basic pack"

What do you like best?

Easy automation - easy to schedule and use

What do you dislike?

Amazon services should be included with basic package and not require an upgrade. This is table stakes.

Scheduling, notification and monitoring outside of windows scheduler

Learning about Automate?

* We monitor all Automate reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.