Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(187 reviews)

Autopilot is easy and visual marketing software for automating the customer journey. Marketers use Autopilot to acquire, nurture and grow leads into customers with personalized email, in-app messages, SMS, and postcards.

Work for Autopilot?

Learning about Autopilot?

Autopilot Reviews

Ask Autopilot a Question
Showing 190 Autopilot reviews
Autopilot review by Matt W.
Matt W.

"*The* platform for SaaS businesses to automate their marketing!"

What do you like best?

As a software based business, the ability to create automated, dynamic marketing experiences for our customers is critical - enabling us to provide a personalised, yet consistent experience for our customers was something that a lot of solutions failed to allow us to achieve. Autopilot however, delivering an API to supplement their awesome user UI, enabled us to both quickly create manual "Journeys" but also hook into those using the platforms API so that we could inject personalised information into the marketing experience.

What do you dislike?

The shapes within the journeys need a little more work. Allow customers to use more complex logic to compare custom fields for example, or apply dynamic date conditions (such as within the last x days) to date fields would open up a lot more use cases for the journey part of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a user friendly, and continually developing platform that will enable your business to create effective and process-driven marketing workflows for your business.

The key problem was consistent, yet personalized marketing for our customers. Using Autopilot has enabled us to implement customer on-boarding & dunning processes that optimize those parts of our business by addressing key actions / questions our customers may have. This has helped us to increase customer satisfaction and improve retention. We look forward to exploring this further, as we venture into integration points such as Delicious to measure customer satisfaction.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Autopilot
Autopilot review by Rob L.
Rob L.

"Remarketing and Marketing Automation with AutoPilot"

What do you like best?

The ability to define overlapping and interacting journeys without using code is amazing. Without AutoPilot I'd likely have to hire two additional full-time employees to handle communication with clients as they move from pre-sign up through the client life cycle. With AutoPilot statuses are pushed across from my CRM automatically (through Zapier) triggering the correct "journeys" (sets of emails based around the current state in the customer life cycle.

What do you dislike?

My only criticism of AutoPilot is that their analytics should have more depth and be more customizable. It's definitely possible to create and also extract useful data from the pre-determined views. But creating powerful custom reports doesn't seem to be a current function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make full use of the templates provided to get an idea of how to build you own solutions and lean on the support team and live chat early on, they're amazingly helpful.

AutoPilot manages the remarketing emails for pre-sign ups and also the movement of Upstream's customers through our entire process. We've increased customer satisfaction, and clearness of expectations while adding no staff overhead to do so.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Autopilot review by Oualid B.
Oualid B.

"Game changer : more clients and a awesome user experience for these clients"

What do you like best?

We use Autopilot since 2016 in Alimnee, and it is now central to our business.

3 main features were game changing for us :

1. Sending mail and sms through funnels depending on how the client interact with us got us more clients, but also allowed us to send mail and sms to our clients to give them all the information they need about our trainings.

2. Autopilot does fit perfectly with a lot of tools as it has an awesome support from Zapier, so we connect Autopilot to : Mailchimp / Gmail / Google Contact / Pipedrive / Typeform / Audience Google Ads ....

3. Last but not least, the User Interface of Autopilot is awesome it is really visual which allow us to give the access to every new employee and he gets everything in autopilot in few hours.

More over the support fro Autopilot is really quick and helpfull.

What do you dislike?

Autopilot made ot of progress, one of the main issue was it was a bit slow.

Now it is solved but from time to time it slows down again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autopilot is much better and coplete tool than Mailchimp. If you want just to send emails Mailchimp is fine, but if you want to make real Webmarketing and deep Automation Autopilot is key.

Marketing automations converting prospects to client.

Enhance User experience of our clients : they receive email and SMS during 1 month during the whole training and that keep them focus on that training and can answer their questions easily (thanks to twilio and front also :)

Sending massive emails : we use to have Mailchimp and Autopilot, but Autopilot is doing the job so we got rid of Mailchimp.

Autopilot review by Andy M.
Andy M.

"Very flexible automation tool"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is very easy and pleasant to use. The colorful interface and the drag and drop functionality are inviting and engaging. Autopilot's native + API integrations allow for maximum flexibility and the journey guides provide users with plenty of examples for inspiration.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes set up can be a bit tricky. You really need to be careful how you organize your journeys. Specific rules in a journey can sometimes affect another journey. You need to put in place all possible mechanisms to avoid unwanted actions. Double-checking every single rule or automation step is mandatory! Autopilot doesn't offer a form building tool and to trigger journeys with forms you need to either implement specific form builders which are compatible or work with their API key.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experiment a lot and check what others are doing for inspiration!

Autoplitot can be used for email/text message automation, on-site communication, advertising, lead scoring (indirectly), CRM, drip campaigns, outreach, onboarding, and generally to easily interconnect and automate different stages of the customer journey.

Autopilot review by Emmanuelle N.
Emmanuelle N.

"A great marketing automation tool"

What do you like best?

First, Autopilot is very simple to use, while giving you also advanced features, such as the segment.com integration, if you want to go further with your behavioral marketing. And the price is really okay, if you compare to super expensive automation tools such as Pardot.

The team is great, the answers I get from the support are always timely and on point!

They are currently building more integrations with a lot of tools, such as Typeform, Livechat etc so the platform keeps getting more and more powerful

What do you dislike?

The headsups (in-app or website notifications) are really not powerful. The allow to only display a short message, so they are not fitted at all for messages such as in-app feature announcement, or on-boarding. Intercom is way better for that. I hope they will work on this part, it can be a deal breaker if you sell a SaaS software...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see for yourself ;)

Communicate with our customers in a timely and personalized manner. Save time by automating tedious tasks!

Autopilot review by Swapnil S.
Swapnil S.

"Most easy to use & intuitive marketing automation software"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is the easiest to use & intuitive marketing automation software out there. Some of the best features of Autopilot are:

- Tracking Script

Their tracking script helps to track visitors that come to our website via different marketing campaigns. By using their tracking script we can know the entire journey of the visitor and prospects.

- Core Automation Platform

Building automation is very easy with their journey builder.

-Integrations

They offer slack integration by default.

- Easy Deployment

Their APIs are well written with examples and sample code

-Reporting

Their reporting feature is powerful, very easy to use & understand.

What do you dislike?

Email templates are not really good. They have very few email templates and editing them is not easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autopilot is a great tool and can handle a lot of different marketing use-cases. Please read through their documentation and case studies to get an understanding of how other companies have implemented it. Do a product consultation call with their sales reps while trying out the product. They will guide you in effective implementation of autopilot.

We get a cost-effective marketing automation solution that is helping us to improve our user onboarding flow of your product.

Autopilot review by Hannah R.
Hannah R.

"Great solution/company that fits our needs perfectly"

What do you like best?

When searching for the right marketing automation solution for our company, we had a few criteria that were hard to find all-in-one. A solution that worked best for our backend environment (mostly events coming from Segment that would feed nicely into the solution), a solution that was affordable but not cheap as we have offer 100K contacts currently and this increasing by at least 6K per month, a solution that was user-friendly and visually nice to use, and a solution that had a team behind it that we could trust (fast-moving, responsive, and fun). Autopilot checked all of these boxes plus more. I really appreciate how flexible the tool is and how it can play pretty nicely with most other software we use via direct integration and/or Zapier. I foresee us being with Autopilot for the long-haul and I'm happy about that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't love about Autopilot is the dashboard. It only works if you use Salesforce and we don't so it provides no value for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. There's not one tool that's perfect for everyone. But if Autopilot fits your needs, I'd say they're the ones to go with :)

Before Autopilot, we did not have someone that would be managing the solution full-time, so we were using ActiveCampaign. I then came on full-time and ActiveCampaign just had so many backend issues that we had to deal with for months. Soon after starting and taking on all of these issues we were having with AC, I realized it was already time to look for a replacement. I did EXTENSIVE research on 11 tools -- demos, weeks of testing, and Autopilot came out on top by a ten-fold. We are now able to market to the massive amount of contacts we have and from that we see on average 1K more contacts testing our software each month than we did before.

Autopilot review by Mickie P.
Mickie P.

"Competitors Better Watch Out"

What do you like best?

Building automated marketing journeys that everyone in the business can understand regardless of complexity. The visual drag-n-drop layout makes it easy to deploy new ideas and still maintain an overview of what is actually active and working. I come from a background in casino and gambling, where every little drop matters in a very saturated market space, and I've used big (expensive) systems to squeeze and tweak. AutoPilot is still growing - but fast. I can't wait to see where this product is heading.

Through a pretty solid API, we've been able to use AutoPilot in more creative ways and add a new layer of complexity to our strategies.

What do you dislike?

Still a product in rapid development. Some things are still being tweaked, but I always seem to find a way to do exactly what I want to. I'm confident these features and UX issues will be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and jump on the webinars to see a demonstration of features

We're seeing a rise in sales and our churn rate has equally improved through more personalised and relevant communication.

Autopilot review by Nicco R.
Nicco R.

"Everything we ever needed"

What do you like best?

Autopilot's software has the unique ability for me to take an idea for a customer journey and put it into an executable plan with ease.

Autopilot allows my website to trigger an API that sets up a cascade of different journeys and sets up flags to know when to remove users after they have taken certain actions.

The careful placement of customizable variables is also incredibly useful. I haven't found something that I wanted to do that I haven't been able to yet.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to sort the list more strategically. For instance, segment a list so that only users in CA get an email. I know there exists list segmentation, but it could be a bit more robust.

I'd also like to be able to send emails outside of a journey like a traditional MailChimp setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their support staff and journey reviews. They are incredibly helpful.

Visitors to my website need to upload a series of documents depending on the status they wish to achieve. Autopilot allows me to keep track of what they've completed and send them on different journeys, accordingly.

Autopilot review by Quentin A.
Quentin A.

"Couldn't be happier"

What do you like best?

It does everything I need and it's so simple to use. Not to mention it's a whole lot cheaper than others I've used. I couldn't be happier with Autopilot. It's integration with Zapier means the only thing holding me back for the most part is my imagination!

What do you dislike?

Not so much of a dislike but a request - I'd love A/B split testing to be included in the Base plan. That's about it at this stage. Would also love an affiliate program.

Autopilot is helping our agency and our clients engage our respective audiences. Whether that's simply promoting other content within the site or more customer nurturing related activities. So specifically we're reducing bouncing rates and keeping visitors on site longer. We're signing visitors up to email newsletters or email courses. We're customising on-site experiences. We've built a feedback process which has saved paying for another third-party solution. What more can I say....

Autopilot review by Daniel O.
Daniel O.

"BAD for Marketing Agencies - Horrible Customer Service - Refuses to Even Hear Customer Feedback"

What do you like best?

AP has some good basic functionality and framework.

What do you dislike?

AP does not offer anything aside from 5 basic colors that may or may not (read: won't 99% of the time) fit the brand you are working with. Being able to seamlessly integrate AP is impossible from a branding perspective.

When I tried to address this with someone at AP, my only option was to go post on a forum. No response, no feedback regarding the request — just go post on the forum, hope for the best and leave them alone.

The features requested would take a basic dev less than a day to execute.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go find something else unless you have a subpar website in which case it won't matter.

Although AP has a lot of functionality I need, it is worthless to me if I have to ruin the UX and brand on the site to implement.

I am currently looking for other options since apparently AP does not want the business of my Marketiing agency and the 100 clients that comes with it.

Autopilot review by Benjamin L.
Benjamin L.

"Autopilot is a leader in Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

The UX/UI & pre-built templates make it perfect to get started quickly

What do you dislike?

Could use more flushed out integrations with a wider variety of platforms/tools - also email building needs its own dedicated section instead of oly being built in Journeys

Autopilot makes our Lead Nurturing simple & easy. With each trigger/action/condition broken down into easy shapes - you can build out complex journeys in a snap. Combine that with integration into your CRM (we use Pipedrive) custom field mappings etc - it's really easy to quickly build, segment and prioritise our leads in a way that is meaningful to our sales staff and effortlessly efficient.

Autopilot review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.

"Great product - but we quickly outgrow it "

What do you like best?

This is a great product for its price. Definitely punching above its weight in that regard. Love the visual drag-and-drop builder for automated journeys. Very easy to learn and get up and running. Support is top-notch - support team is quick to respond and knowledgeable.

The headsup tools was easy to setup as well, and works really well within an automated journey.

What do you dislike?

AutoPilot is missing features, large and small, that other more established providers offer as standard. Many little things started to annoy me, but I'll outline the my major concerns.

The email builder is very limited. Not drag and drop, and restricting in terms of layout and structure. Although they mentioned an upgrade is coming.

The reports are also limited - info is slow to load, and does not offer many metrics. It is outsourced to a 3rd party supplier and the experience of pulling data and scheduling reports is clunky and not very informative.

AB testing is only available in the premium pricing tier.

Also found that segmentation options were not as detailed as we required in order to personalise and automate as much as we wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great company, and if you're starting out with automation then it is the perfect option. Give them another 1-2 years and they'll be real heavy hitters.

Automated onboarding comms journeys.

Lead nurturing

Event related comms.

Fundraising support

Zapier integration also allows for automated documentation processes.

Autopilot review by Ratko I.
Ratko I.

"Great tool for personalised communication!"

What do you like best?

I love two things about Autopilot - how easy it is to setup a campaign and how much power you have with its features. You can automate based on any type of user activity and guide the lead / prospect / customer in any way you please - that is powerful!

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes harder to completely understand how all the features work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them out for a simple campaign. The price isn't low, so it's important you get the idea of the value first. If you have a bunch of subscribers, use them for a nurturing campaign only, or for a smaller campaign with just a limited number of subscribers.

I found that the biggest value is in campaigns where automation makes most sense - onboarding emails fit here perfectly, nurturing campaigns, even sales prospecting through automated emails is great here!

Creating customers out of leads. It's really simple to use their campaigns, coupled with a marketing strategy to get most out of every lead that touches your business. Plus I've realised you can used them to automate tasks such as outreach for more information, asking to complete a step, etc.

Autopilot review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"High functioning features paired with visually pleasant interface."

What do you like best?

As someone who was new with email marketing it was really easy to set up my first automation. Everything is straightforward and based on how the user interacts with the emails I can easily set up segments of customers. A/B spilt testing is also very easy to set up, which is very important in my role. I also like how it tracks and records customer interactions with the site. This has helped me build better segments and understand what people are doing before converting.

What do you dislike?

The HTML builder is not as good as other email platforms. I've found myself making HTML templates on other platforms then uploading them into Autopilot. The reporting could be improved, especially when I try to compare results from spilt tests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial and copy one of your campaigns over to Autopilot. That way you can see if it is easier than your current system and see if their are additional features you could leverage.

Once they are in the nurture campaign I can track their movements and actions on our site. This has been extremely helpful in finding out key triggers that make people convert. It also helped determine what kind of content people are responding to.

Another benefit is the lead score. Using the key actions that I have learned from the tracking, I can assign a score to every action some one takes. Then using that score I can move them into a special journey that is optimized for people who are more ready to convert. The opposite of that if someone is taking longer than normal i can transfer them to a journey with more content.

Autopilot review by Eric L.
Eric L.

"Best Marketing Platform around"

What do you like best?

I'm a fan of "ease of use" its simple to set up and start using right out of the gate. Great client services , always prompt on answering my questions. One of my favorite features is the ability to add twitter to our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I actually can't think of anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Step away from big and clunky, try a product that you can hit the ground running with.

I'm solving a lack of marketing play in our space. The benefits have been outstanding, we have tripled our market value and we are now eye to eye with the big players in our space. Our targets recognize us from our campaigns that we set out. I love being able to tweet as part of the marketing process. Closing over 350k worth of business in directly from one campaign is awesome.

Autopilot review by George O.
George O.

"Essential tool for any marketing stack"

What do you like best?

I like how quick it is to deploy, integrate and create automations

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything but would like to suggest the possibility of creating custom website forms within Autopilot or custom form "action", as the current method of detecting forms on websites is not too reliable for a website that uses multiple forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start by using the preset guides for simple automations and start integrating early in order to make the most of all the integrations (zapier included) but also native integrations.

With Autopilot, I'm able to create, automate and integrate marketing tools, that helps me deploy, analyze and communicate between all my tools

Autopilot review by Shibin J.
Shibin J.

"Marketing automation made easier"

What do you like best?

You can use the product with no prior experience in using marketing automation tools. I've been using Autopilot for 3 months now and I've never had to re-do my product training. It has made email marketing easier for my team. LOVE the UI, creating a journey is really fun. My favorite task is creating the journeys on Autopilot. Unsubscribed leads are excluded from the journey which saves a LOT of time.

What do you dislike?

Journeys sometime fail and we've had to redo the journey all over again. Happened 2-3 times.

We manage event registrations with the tool. Autopilot has taken out the manual work from the process.

Autopilot review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"The best marketing automation tool on the market"

What do you like best?

It's built for everyone, not just developers or tech experts. It's intuitive and great fun to use. The capabilities are awesome and constantly growing, whether you're looking to score leads, send automated (and trigger-based) emails, send an SMS message or even alert a team member about a key issue or contact. The integrations are really good and growing. The integration with Salesforce is fantastic and the tool can be used process leads before they go into Salesforce. There are some really interesting things that you can do with Intercom and journeys can be as simple or as complex as you need. We're able to build custom journeys on the fly and test new campaigns very quickly, without any need for external help. A/B testing is really great within the tool too; you can test different routes depending on actions that leads take and you can a/b test individual messages and actions, which is great when you want to segment your audience.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is great with low numbers of contacts but quickly shoots up over the 10 and 20k mark. As soon as you go over the threshold you're charged $hundreds more each month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and see how easy it is to use and implement. Getting up and running is quick.

All aspects of marketing automation with little effort and quick results. Routing and scoring leads is also great based on their actions.

Autopilot review by User

"Budget Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive to use which makes creating journeys a breeze. Has native support for a bunch of software solutions out there such as Twilio and Salesforce. Pricing is fair for the features that they offer.

API documentation is very good which makes it easy to integrate Autopilot into pretty much anything.

What do you dislike?

The backend of Autopilot is incredibly slow. Simple tasks such as moving a contact to a specific list within a journey can take several minutes at a time to run. This ends up being causing a lot of frustration when you're testing out a journey and you're just sitting there waiting for a contact to move through the journey steps.

The webhook support is very weak. You can only subscribe to a predetermined list of webhooks available so if you need any functionality outside of that, you'll have to use workarounds. It would be nice to have webhook blocks in the journey creation. Allowing you to send a custom webhook with custom data in a journey would make it much much easier to integrate with other applications.

When creating journeys, you cannot keep zooming out indefinitely, as a result, if you have a large journey, it will be impossible to connect a block on the left side to a block on the far right since you can't view them in the same view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see for yourself. If you need something simple then Autopilot should suffice. If you are looking for more advanced features for automation you may need to look elsewhere.

Trying to automate the inbound lead flow for our client managers. The benefit realized is the ability to send targeted emails to our leads.

Autopilot review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Growth in a box"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of executing complex logic, from segmenting our contacts to utilizing that data for marketing.

What do you dislike?

Bulk upload of contacts caused duplicates which caused some problems, but otherwise we love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rarely have I been so promotional about someone else's business, especially software. However they have done such a great job with a truly needed aspect of online marketing - making it easy to use without any compromise on functionality... even for complete beginners. We've implemented Autopilot on www.shireeodiz.com for our post sale journeys (check delivery, satisfaction, request review, etc) as well as for basic newsletters.

Automation for post sale, referrals, customer retention and repeat buyers. In the future we plan on using Autopilot for lead nurturing and super targeted personalized deals.

Autopilot review by James C.
James C.

"Best email design tools I have used"

What do you like best?

The email design tools are incredible and the journeys you can create are amazing.

What do you dislike?

We had a few teething issues at the beginning until we worked out how the system works. Now I'm a pro!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get some help with the set up and make sure you understand the system well before you start implementing and going live.

Customer nurturing, service and follow ups are what we use it for the most. We have also hooked it up to our website which makes collecting leads and nurturing them a breeze.

Autopilot review by Michał S.
Michał S.

"Lovely experience"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is the best in its own league - it has all customization features that you could dream about. It also comes with the ability to integrate with a lot of other Saas services. This is what I call awesomeness!

What do you dislike?

After one year with this app, I found only one thing that makes me mad - preview is much different than the real email. But it can be solved with HTML templates!

Autopilot makes email marketing and customer's journey easy and understandable for non-technical people. It's just simple as that.

Autopilot review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"The best automated email marketing I've ever used."

What do you like best?

The way you build "journeys," or the funnel a user goes through, is extremely simple to use and understand. I'm a gym owner, not a highly sophisticated email marketer. I just love the ease of use setting up a new journey and the statistics it gives you for which pages people visit on your site and the interactive stuff you can do with them based on certain criteria.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were an easier way to send out newsletters, honestly. I'd like to have one journey for Newsletters and then each month, just plug in my updated content and re-send. Instead, you have to duplicate last month's journey and send it all over again. If I send out a weekly newsletter, then I'm going to have 52 separate journeys built at the end of the year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The other thing I really love about autopilot that I use on one of my sites is their HeadsUp. That's the little thing that pops up in the bottom corner of the screen that has my face on it and says, "Hi, I'm the owner, can I help you with anything?" or whatever you want it to say. It makes the experience much more personalized for the end users. I've gotten some good leads from it.

The biggest problem I'm solving personally is responding to requests for more information. I used to reply to each person manually with a page and a half email describing exactly what it is I do, how I do it, how much it costs, etc. Now I've got a form on my site that asks their name, email and what they'd like more information on. Depending on what they select on that last option, a personalized, automated email gets sent to them describing how I can help them without me having to lift a finger.

Autopilot review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best mailing software - if you're looking to deliver results, and not fight with the software."

What do you like best?

The UI is organised in a way that allows you to logically create the journeys. When you show them to your colleagues, you don't have to do much explaining, since it is visually presented in an awesome way. Perfect for AB testing and making your campaigns something more.

What do you dislike?

Takes a moment to get into it (some traps with the shapes and triggers which work in specific way) - but if you dig into KB and talk with their support, you can overcome it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, really - they have a solid roadmap and integrate with great software pieces.

We automate our communication, onboarding, and send oneshot campaigns. We have a better control of what we do and don't need developers to code it all out.

Autopilot review by Lauren H.
Lauren H.

"Great for building not as great for reporting"

What do you like best?

The drag and drop layout is so easy to use I picked it up right away. I like the integration with other lists and the ability to do testing. They recently added a template feature that allows you to make changes. I haven't used it in an email journey yet, but it looks very promising. They have very informative case studies and blogs which can help you in building with their software if you are new to digital marketing or email marketing or just need some new ideas.

What do you dislike?

The reporting does not give you enough information which required me to has to do analysis outside of Autopilot myself. Looking for information like lead score average by campaign or length of time in journey then look elsewhere. Also testing functionality is very difficult to use for small adjustments. HTML changes are impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to use email marketing automation software this is it. However be wary the reporting is limited.

This is a fantastic product for crafting email marketing. Very user-friendly and has improved email campaigns. It makes building and evaluating the success of a campaign in real time very easy. The duplicate journey feature is very handy for testing small changes to improve performance. This is a relatively new product and it still has some ways it can be better but on the market now its one of the best email marketing softwares.

Autopilot review by Administrator

"Super Efficient Platform for Deficient Newbies"

What do you like best?

The software is already great and easy to use, but the easy integration with even more software makes for a seamless marketing process.

What do you dislike?

Some of the necessary steps to get something to work are not apparent and takes a bit of time, or customer support, to get running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any marketing experience by education, but was thrown into a role to select tools that would help us replace a dissolved customer service team. Autopilot was great with providing support to get me started and once I learned the basics, building upon that knowledge was simple.

We're a small operation responsible for reaching a substantial amount of people. Autopilot has allowed us to keep in contact with our customers with applicable and personable messages.

Autopilot review by Gerald G.
Gerald G.

"Great Tool for Lead Nurturing"

What do you like best?

The Lead Nurturing Process gets very easy with Autopilot. You learn how to build Journeys in a minute and can keep those Journeys running for every piece of content you have. From there on you can track.

With

What do you dislike?

Actually there is nothing i dislike since we only use it for E-Mail Lead Nurturing.

They also have a Headsup-Integration that we are using on the Website. The Reports for the Headsup only show total clicks and a click rate. Here i would wish more information as: on which page have people clicked, at which time, how many hovered over it and so on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are searching for a Lead Nurturing Tool, definitely take Autopilot into account. If you are searching for a complete marketing automation software, it might just not be heavy enough - or you think again if you really need a heavy marketing automation tool ;)

We wanted to have a tool that nurtured our leads continously. We found the perfect tool for that with Autopilot. It allows us to set up a campagin one time and than just wait for the people to respond / click links and so on. For that, it is perfect. However it is NOT a complete marketing automation tool, if you are searching for that it might just not fit your needs.

The benefits are: its really easy to use, they have a great support that assisted me with everything so far and i think it is quite unexpensive.

Autopilot review by Kory A.
Kory A.

"The Best Platform Out there For Modern Automation"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to setup complex funnels using their visual system. The Triggers, Actions, and Conditions took a bit of a learning curve, but once I grasped it, I'm now obsessed with the software, especially the Zapier integration which I take full advantage of.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Journeys can load slow when you have really massive journeys open. I also would like to see Shopify as an integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be obsessed with it. You have to learn everything to understand the potential you can get out of it, especially with SMS and Email use.

I'm using this for lead generation funnels with Facebook Lead Ads, Email funnels for nurturing, SMS communication.

Autopilot review by Dennis C.
Dennis C.

"Bringing it all together."

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the platform. The ability to bring in any tool we want is key. It means we can use best-in-class software for each process in our martech operation.

The journey maps are really easy to use and the templating is a great feature as well.

What do you dislike?

From an agency standpoint, it's hard to manage multiple clients marketing platforms with Autopilot.

We also found the lists, in general, to be hard to manage compared to some other platforms that are primarily for email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an agency, consider if/how you plan to use Autopilot on behalf of your clients.

It allows our omnichannel marketing to come together seamlessly and gives us one point of truth for all marketing interactions.

Autopilot review by Blair C.
Blair C.

"Great Product for non-technical marketers"

What do you like best?

I love the graphical interface that makes it easy to assemble marketing automation campaigns. Their initial license provide for multiples users so that your small team can all use the same tool and learn together.

Autopilot is the only marketing automation tool that I've found that is truly Omni-channel in its nature. Most can only use email as the primary communication method. Autopilot has SMS and Slack integration (and hopefully soon Whatsapp and Wechat!) and good old fashioned Postcards.

I started with a free trial and got to use the full functionality (others didn't have either a free trial or full functionality) right away. As our needs grew, it was easy to upgrade and we've done so and will continue to do so in the near term.

AutoPilot works with our Professional edition of Salesforce CRM, other systems required us to spend additional funds on Enterprise Salesforce CRM to have the integrate properly. While the Salesforce integration and syncing is limited in scope it meets all of our needs today.

Customer Services has been great. Their success team has provided us with both phone meetings to review live and proposed programs as well as written feedback.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more description as to what each functional shape means so that while I'm building a new automation campaign, I can better understand if it will work for me while I'm building the plan.

While the interface is easy, some of the more advanced features are harder to implement. We've been trying to build the head-up code into several pages on our site and it's take much longer than expected.

There is no "lead scoring" methodology in AutoPilot, so you'll have to decide when you're going to be pushing leads to your Sales Development team instead of letting the score determine such.

We were seeking an inexpensive and scalable marketing automation tool that would integrate with our Salesforce CRM and other systems in the future.

We were seeking an Omni-channel automation tool that would grow with us.

Autopilot review by User in Computer Software

"Fantastic Product for Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to segment my customers into different journeys. I also really like that they allow you to send emails or text messages. My product requires both text message and email automation.

What do you dislike?

I wish they made it easier to edit a user's profile inside of the profile view. It's a little cumbersome to have to edit it by going back to the search screen.

We offer a product that allows employers to screen job applicants with our automated interviewing too. We rely on Autopilot to reach out to candidates over email or text and follow up at an appropriate cadence. We also use Autopilot to track our interview completion rates.

Autopilot review by Sven W.
Sven W.

"A great platform with even greater potential"

What do you like best?

The simple visual editor for automation workflow.

Where others have several different instances for different conditions.

Autopilot cuts it down to more options per condition without making it cluttered.

What do you dislike?

Not much.

Though the lack of built-in integrations (the have API to integrate with anything, though) with other services and detailed stats and data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in with an open mind.

It does lack some of the features that many others have.

But as the Autopilot team build and integrate new features on a customer wish basis.

It will be the greatest platform within the next 12 months.

And the platform is super simple to use as is.

My automation workflows are done in minutes instead of 10 to 30 minutes of work.

Autopilot review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Easy and cost effective e-marketing tool"

What do you like best?

Auto Pilot is an easy to use e-marketing tool, it has extensive functionality for Email and SMS, works well with trigger based on values or changes, you can set and forget the donor journey.

What do you dislike?

You cannot build the EDM's as easily as we would like in Auto Pilot. Only trigger off fields on Contact or Campaign member values and changes, would love to also trigger based on campaign fields values and changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has all that you need for e-marketing without the excessive costs that some marketing platforms have.

We have standardised our communications so all e-marketing is via Auto Pilot. So our branding and messaging is consistent and we are able to automate some donor communications.

Autopilot review by John K.
John K.

"Amazing deliverability; Essential for Salesforce users; Steep price for basic email campaigns"

What do you like best?

The breadth of integrations and capabilities of Autopilot is pretty amazing. It sparks the imagination and can manage a very wide array of campaigns. Specifically for Salesforce users, it's one of the best tools I've used, and I was a very early adopter of Pardot, Marketing Cloud, and many other suites. Their deliverability is very strong as well, for those who are doing high volumes.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive IF you just care about email campaigns. Autopilot is a marketing automation product, and a novel one at that. If you are just trying to send an email to lists, you are killing a fly with a bazooka. I would have rated a 10, but I docked 1 point for price. The other point is for a very clunky email design interface. Best practice in Autopilot is, unfortunately, to use outside template builders, and import your HTML. If the other functionality wasn't so strong, I might have gone 2 points off for this one.

We are heavy Autopilot users. As a B2B2C company, we use a (fairly) sophisticated drip strategy for customer awareness and mid-stage pipe nurture. We also leverage Autopilot to campaign on behalf of client-sites to onboard end-users (250,000+ email sends monthly).

Autopilot review by Bryce Y.
Bryce Y.

"It's an awesome tool and great for email marketing automation"

What do you like best?

The single best feature is the visual journey editor (like a flow chart) - nowadays, I'd never use an email marketing tool that doesn't have this feature. It's great to be able to map out the whole flow of a journey in very much the same way I do on a whiteboard or in a notebook. There's also loads of options for the journey whether it be emails, slack notifications, API triggers, any kind of decision point you could want (incl which pages they've visited on your website), scoring (both lead and anything else you want), field checking and editing... it's great.

What do you dislike?

Managing emails isn't the easiest thing in the world and there's no ability for dynamic content insertion behind traditional short merge fields (unlike Drop.co) but otherwise, it's pretty powerful.

It's quite a pain to send a one-time email but I think that's okay because it nudges you towards planning everything in advance.

Not the best native solutions for UTM tracking, definitely something worth thinking about at the time of setup (you'll want to build out a custom journey that captures and stores the data for you).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool. The journey analytics/goals are a killer feature - it saved me from jumping ship.

I'd consider evaluating Drip as well (it wasn't as fully featured as it is now when I switched to Autopilot).

All our marketing emails are handled by Autopilot, everything from lead magnet delivery to product launches, to lead nurturing, to onboarding for our SaaS product.

Autopilot review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"Great simplified marketing automation"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the automation builder is to use. Their guides and presets are an excellent way to get into marketing automation as well. I think and organize sales processes visually. If you're able to work in flow charts or like sketching out customer journeys, then this will be a great product for you. I was able to jump right in to creating automation campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Not as robust as some of the other more specialized tools such as Pardot. My partner who is a digital marketing expert is not a big fan of Autopilot because it is too simplified for her tastes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're interested in getting marketing automation for your company for the first time, then you should strongly consider Autopilot for your needs. It's an excellent, simple tool that will help you break into the concepts of automation in a sleek package. Definitely user friendly, Autopilot is useful for power users and the less technically inclined.

We are creating transactional emails and follow up drip campaigns. The greatest benefit that I have seen is how the system allows pretty much anyone to pick it up quickly and use it. We don't have to wait for a specialist to spend time to navigate the system - the rest of the team can use it.

Autopilot review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Autopilot's High Flying Performance"

What do you like best?

I can't say enough great things about the visual interface. Personally I am a visual learner and this program immediately caught my eye. The different trigger colors and shapes help the user to mentally organize what can definitely become a complicated build. I also am a big fan of the tracking feature. A lead can be tracked as they navigate the company's website and landing page exit points which provides great behavioral data.

What do you dislike?

When I had previously implemented the Proactive Headsup popup on our website I was using it along side another chat feature on the right hand side of the page. Autopilot's Proactive Headsup feature also showed up on the right side and I inquired if there was a way to move it to the left side so I could capitalize on both chat/questionnaire features. It seemed like a pretty simple ask and build but unfortunately couldn't be performed for me so I had to choose not to use the Proactive Headsup feature.

Creating awareness for our brand and products. We provide service for a product that many people aren't sure exists (pull out shelving) and can help organize their kitchen space while increasing space and accessibility. We use Autopilots' email automation to nurture leads captured through our ebook landing pages into a sale. We've realized the benefits of data collected around these 'awareness' users and have had some results with people searching for general product terminology eventually becoming design appointments and sales.

Autopilot review by Jeffrey W.
Jeffrey W.

"Easy to use SaaS user nurturing tool"

What do you like best?

Since we use Autopilot at SERVUS to take our users on a nurturing journey, it has performed its tasks without any problems. In fact, it is rare that I have to monitor the dashboard - it just works! Also like the integration with Segment, in order to pass events from our platform into Autopilot for tracking

What do you dislike?

The need to enter a journey in order to audit/edit the emails in that journey. This may have been changed recently, but was the one item that seemed like extra work when I was updating my journeys last time (it's been a few months).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will save a lot of time if you have some email copy already available when you are building your journeys. It is likely that you will come up with new requirements for additional emails, but having a starting point will pay off.

SaaS user nurturing - trickle out info to our users to help them learn about our product at key steps. In addition, we have created event based journeys/content, so it is helpful to know what each user has done/not done so that we can sent them the appropriate content.

Autopilot review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"The best Marketing Automation software for B2B marketers"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the flexibility to create journeys. The integrations with Salesforce and Pipedrive helps creating journeys to influence new sales or engage with current accounts. The Smart Segments that you can create based on different criteria makes Autopilot powerful because you can reach a level of personalization that other tools don't offer, at least with the same simplicity. And last but not least, the fact that it's multichannel (email, direct mail, sms and in-app/web notification) allows marketers to explore and array of marketing communication with different touch points.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the Segment integration that much. If Segment's identify method worked the same way as their form tracker would be perfect. So I think this is something that could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that Autopilot focus on the customer journey and their core product reflects this scenario. They don't offer form builder to create new forms (though they have and awesome feature that will track your existing web forms), they don't offer a landing page builder, you'll have to integrate with 3rd party software. It's really easy to integrate but if you need an all-in-one tool Autopilot might not work for you.

I was solving the best way to integrate Marketing and Sales tools through Autopilot to create an unique journey from Lead to MQL to SQL to Opportunity and, finally, Client. I was using it with their integration with Salesforce.

Autopilot review by Maria T.
Maria T.

"Time Saving and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I love the automation, I've tried alternatives before but none were as intuitive as Autopilot. You're able to handle all your e-mail and even text communications through their interface while keeping track of each conversion on your homepage.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that if you're handling more than one company, you're not able to separate the dashboards. All your information will combine, so your conversion rate, etc wouldn't be separate.

Mass e-mail communication, not related to newsletter. Currently using Autopilot for our onboarding process. The intagrations with zapier work fantastic with google spreadsheets so our sheets are automatically updated as a new users register.

Autopilot review by Nicole N.
Nicole N.

"Perfect for creating customer journeys "

What do you like best?

I like how many triggers, conditions, and actions are available. I can make it do exactly what I need to accomplish and track the whole process.

What do you dislike?

The lack of flexibility within the contact management side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really a great product to create customer journeys and has a lot of conditions, triggers, and actions.

I am able to have transparency on how leads are interacting with my website and emails. I am able to accurately report my website conversations.

Autopilot review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good service, easy platform, excited to continue use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and find answers on things that you are unsure of. The journeys are self explainable, and the chance to test them creates a great relief because you know what you'll be sending out. It's a great way to monitor, track, and rate the contacts and leads that you put into the software.

What do you dislike?

Can easily become unorganized making it difficult to find things - only one newsletter template. Unless you know HTML/CSS, it can be very difficult to create the templates that you want or need. If you know HTML/CSS, it's very easy to go in and create the content that you are looking for, which is something that I like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autopilot is a great use of resources. We were able to easily onboard, transition, and begin implementing Autopilot. Personally, one thing that should be considered prior to utilizing Autopilot is whether or not you have organized your list of contacts. Once imported, it takes some time organizing the content within the software.

Email tracking, organization, and lead transition. It has been easy to transition and these problems have definitely been solved.

Autopilot review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

"Automate EVERYTHING!"

What do you like best?

To start, my use for Autopilot is associated with my e-commerce site. I use it to engage clients, share information and for multiple stage follow-ups.

Autopilot is extremely versatile and easy(ish) to use. The possibilities are virtually endless with what you can do.

I love being able to segment people into different groups/lists based on where they are in the cycle of buying/nurturing. Trigger selection is fantastic, as are the email templates.

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing is understanding some of the more advanced concepts and how others with similar goals use the platform. It would be nice to see AutoPilot host group meetings for various uses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with a notepad and write out exactly when/how/who you want to 'touch'. Use those flows to create journeys for your customers.

Attend the training! It's not spectacular, but it's a great head start on getting into the platform and kicking things off.

Use Flight School! While the videos can be long, they are extremely valuable in understanding how certain things work and why you would use them.

Autopilot allows our business of 2 people to respond and treat +1000 clients as if we had a staff that was much larger. We can personally reach out to each person on a timed basis after their purchase to share information as well as gain feedback. This has been extremely effective in gaining positive reviews and very helpful in understanding a few shortcomings on our end.

Autopilot review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Very customizable marketing automation platform"

What do you like best?

You can track and measure every action happening on your website or product, and use it to create highly personalized and practically limitless marketing automation flows.

It brings together everything from form tracking, custom lead scoring, CRM, email marketing automation and lead nurturing. The heads-up popups are also a plus.

What do you dislike?

The UI could have been more friendly. It feels like some elements (like the email or notifications templates) are hidden on purpose from the user. I'd like to be able to edit them without having to enter a journey.

Also, it lacks the ability to "BCC" someone on the outgoing emails (which could be used for things like CRM syncing).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experiment with lists. They are much more useful and flexible than you might think at first.

Also, verify your domain so you can send all emails as "name@company.com" instead of nameofcompany@autopilothq.com". This allows you to track email opens and replies as well.

Marketing automation that covers every aspect of the customer journey. From the moment a potential lead visits the website, till the time they start using your app.

Form tracking without extra code or implementation is great!

In the process of setting Autopilot up, I realized that 1) their customer care team is awesome, 2) there aren't that many tools out there that can do what Autopilot does.

Autopilot review by Jay S.
Jay S.

"Amazing tool for all your marketing automation needs!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and tight SFDC integration! Effective List Management & Drip Marketing!

What do you dislike?

Nothing I disliked, however if we could have a chat functionality such as intercom would be awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should try Autopilot as its very easy to use! Most importantly if you want to define a journey its very easy. A user adaptability is very high due their great user interface! Onboarding experience is great and self-explanatory!

Drip Marketing, Pop-up for subscribing, Defining journeys and goals. Easy to use software and salesforce integration works like a charm, their pro-active heads up has been a very useful feature as well!

Autopilot review by Misha A.
Misha A.

"Remarkable"

What do you like best?

Gorgeous UI, powerful and perfectly priced, great for startups that need marketing automation but can't afford annual contracts and implementation fees.

What do you dislike?

Missing some basic variable operators and campaign triggers. Support can be less than great if you have technical issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need more than what Mailchimp offers, get Autopilot.

If you want HubSpot but can't afford it, get Autopilot.

Form capture, email marketing, lead scoring and nurturing, lead funnel management, basic marketing performance analytics, 1-1 Salesforce integration.

Getting all of the above for a fraction of the cost of Autopilot's closest competitors is remarkable.

Autopilot review by Kate C.
Kate C.

"Powerful Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

We've only just started using Autopilot, but we're thrilled with how easy it is to set up the journeys and how complex and detailed you can make them. The support has also been phenomenal. From group webinars to one-on-one conversations with the support team, they've gone above and beyond to meet our needs.

What do you dislike?

Some key integrations are still missing, most notably Mailchimp. We had many beautiful Mailchimp templates that we were unable to migrate over, despite the bet efforts of the support team. We ended up building new emails in the Autopilot builder, but they are not as visually rich as the ones we had in Mailchimp. Ultimately, however, the other features Autopilot provides persuaded us to make the switch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend the pre-sale webinar - it's well worth your while. Your onboarding rep is also a valuable source of information, and the support team will also help you considerably even if you're only on a free trial.

Automating our marketing funnels and making them even more personalized and segmented. Autopilot makes this easy.

Autopilot review by Brandon U.
Brandon U.

"Finally—Affordable, Full-Featured Marketing Automation Software"

What do you like best?

Autopilot offers the most marketing automation features for the lowest cost. It is easy to set up and get started.

What do you dislike?

Deciding what "funnels" to build was a little daunting at first, but the help lessons (Flight School) and guides (pre-built templates of some of the best funnels ("customer journeys" in Autopilot) were very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend it...they offer a 30-day free trial, and it is easy to remove it from your site if you decide not to keep it.

I am more confident knowing I am now able to utilize enterprise-level marketing automation software that previously would have cost hundreds or thousands of dollars per month.

Autopilot review by Mercedes O.
Mercedes O.

"My new best friend Autopilot."

What do you like best?

The entire experience is easy to use. The drag and drop feature makes it easy to build new journey's (sequences) quickly. My work is not only easy to create but it is also very easy to edit and collect data. Also, tracking attribution across our email campaigns and other channels has proven that autopilot is a key tool beyond email automation.

What do you dislike?

I have a few issues with some of the features in the main dashboard for reports: I would prefer to set custom dates as default. When navigating through the funnel reports- it would be great if i could easily see a visual report of how emails are performing compared to the others. Find this information is do able, however i wish i could see the "high level" view before running a report per campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to try it to believe it. The support staff has been amazing!

Attribution! Attribution! Attribution! My team ditched another a couple other apps when we discovered how effective Autopilot was at tracking actions on our site. Custom segmentation feature is really easy for creating custom scoring and building detail insights.

Learn more about Autopilot

Autopilot Videos

Learning about Autopilot?

* We monitor all Autopilot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(187 reviews)