Autopilot

Autopilot

4.6
(298)
Optimized for quick response

Autopilot is easy and visual marketing software for automating the customer journey. Marketers use Autopilot to acquire, nurture and grow leads into customers with personalized email, in-app messages, SMS, and postcards.

Work for Autopilot?

Learning about Autopilot?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

Autopilot Reviews

Ask Autopilot a Question
Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • Industry
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
Industry
Showing 298 Autopilot reviews
LinkedIn Connections
Autopilot review by yraima m.
yraima m.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Auto pilot"

What do you like best?

Cuando busco la solución de automatización de marketing adecuada para nuestra empresa, teníamos algunos criterios que eran difíciles de encontrar todo en uno. Una solución que funcionó mejor para nuestro entorno backend (en su mayoría eventos provenientes de Segment que se integraría muy bien en la solución), una solución asequible pero no barata, ya que actualmente ofrecemos contactos de 100K y esto aumenta en al menos 6K por mes, un Una solución fácil de usar y visualmente agradable de usar, y una solución que tenía un equipo detrás en el que podíamos confiar (rápido, sensible y divertido). Piloto automático marcó todas estas casillas y más. Realmente aprecio cuán flexible es la herramienta y cómo puede funcionar bastante bien con la mayoría del otro software que usamos a través de la integración directa y / o Zapier. ¡Preveo que estemos con el piloto automático para el largo plazo y estoy feliz por eso!

What do you dislike?

Lo que no me gusta de Piloto automático es el panel de control. Solo funciona si utiliza Salesforce y nosotros no, por lo que no proporciona ningún valor para nosotros.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomendado, muy bueno cumple con todo lo que propone.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Antes de Piloto automático, no teníamos a alguien que estuviera administrando la solución a tiempo completo, por lo que estábamos usando ActiveCampaign. Luego llegué a tiempo completo y ActiveCampaign tenía tantos problemas de backend que tuvimos que enfrentar durante meses. Poco después de comenzar y abordar todos estos problemas que teníamos con AC, me di cuenta de que ya era hora de buscar un reemplazo. Hice una investigación EXTENSIVA sobre 11 herramientas: demostraciones, semanas de pruebas y Autopilot llegó a la cima por diez veces.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Autopilot
Autopilot review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"It can be complicated at first, but after some training it's amazing."

What do you like best?

Customer service is second to none, after changes in the business I took over all marketing responsibilities and had not been privy to Autopilot at all. Avni Nanabhai was the most incredible and patient trainer.

Now that I have the hang of it, it's an incredible tool. It has a huge amount of automated tools to help with following up and increasing overall engagement. I am very impressed with its capabilities.

The autopilot created templates are incredible and take all the hard work out if it! This has meant I've relied significantly less on our graphic designer which has been an increase in ROI. The 'Add Delay' feature has improved my workflow during the day and capabilities.

Live view and insights dashboard are well presented, no need to download and present the information can easily just pull up the dashboard when in meetings to showcase projects in real time!

What do you dislike?

No warning when our contract rolled over, or the increase in the spend we occurred. Thankfully, it was the best software for us for the next year however it was a surprise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great! Worth a demo. Works fantastically for me.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It does allow for mass communication quickly.

I've only learnt half the widgets and know there's so much more potential as I build experience.

Ability to see who's opening, clicking, reopening, unsubbing. Very intuitive.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
Autopilot review by Austin J.
Austin J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Everything you need for Omni-Channel Marketing Campagins"

What do you like best?

Journey mapping is made extremely easy. Many first party integrations are available to create omnichannel marketing campaigns. CRM Integration is robust if done properly. Having the ability to sync Facebook, email, sms, ppc and other channels all in one channel makes my life easier. Creating Look alike audiences for social and ppc based off of page views, email clicks, and sms makes our top of funnel marketing campaigns very successful.

What do you dislike?

Can't export html emails. No Litmus testing for emails. Not able to add preheader texts in emails. Billing personel must work in a different time zone because billing responses would come late at night or in the early morning. Pricing change is drastic once you exceed 25,000 contacts (but still less than comparable enterprise marketing systems).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your CRM is correctly in line with Autopilot to ensure accurate segmentation and updates.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Autopilot allows us to create tailored journeys for our clients and their customers. We can utilize Autopilot to create an omnichannel experience in many different channels. When Integrated with a CRM correctly, Autopilot can allow you to send targeted and detail communications to clients based on their segmentations and behaviors

Autopilot review by ✧ Lauralynn S.
✧ Lauralynn S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Highly recommend"

What do you like best?

This is a good choice for early stage startups that are scaling quickly.

- great customer support via chat

- love the colorful drag and drop shapes

- quickly and easily build complex journeys

- ability to create highly targeted segments

- notations and collaboration in journeys

- knowledgeable tech support

- affordable when compared to similar options

- can upload custom html

- liquid for math calculations and customization in email

What do you dislike?

Small things that you'd take for granted aren't available. Like the ability to customize the contacts tab to see the fields you want, or the ability to arrange fields in contact profiles, or the ability to track email metrics to custom events. We don't use Segment so I wish there were better reporting capabilities right in AP. Also, we have to pay extra for a dedicated IP because deliverablilty/inbox placement wasn't very good - we tested against a number of other email marketing tools and AP was, by far, the worst performer. Since this is an email marketing tool, I'm not fond of paying extra to ensure good deliverability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it seems expensive as you start to scale, the capabilities far outweigh the cost. Also, keep in mind that as a marketer, you'll need to coordinate with your engineer to create custom fields in Autopilot.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

email automation and marketing metrics

Autopilot review by Carley N.
Carley N.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Such a Wonderful Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

FIrst and foremost, I am in love with how easy-to-use and intuitive Autopilot's interface is. Creating our customer journeys drap-and-drop style really works for me and provides me with a great visual.

When I was a new user last year, I consulted with their customer support team frequently, and they've always been nothing but friendly, patient, and crystal clear when assisting me with any questions I threw their way. So, major shoutout to their exceptional support team!

The API integration was a huge selling point for us, and we love the Pipedrive integration. What a difference maker this has been in my workflow.

Finally, Autopilot fits nicely in our budget and makes marketing automation possible for us.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Dashboard would tie into more places than Salesforce, so we could monitor those metrics through Autopilot.

There are some nuances in mapping out journeys - i.e., if you leave something out without realizing it, your journey won't trigger properly. These nuances aren't glaringly obvious, so there's a bit of a learning curve in composing journeys the right way.

The Pipedrive integration has a few kinks to work out. The fields in Pipedrive don't pull over into Autopilot correctly for us, but is a known issue for their development team that they're continuing to fix.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Implementing journeys through Autopilot has allowed us to nurture our leads and clients on a deeper level and has lessened the burden on our product team, as they were doing everything manually prior to AP.

Autopilot review by Kerry B.
Kerry B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"New to autopilot - but so far it has been GREAT!"

What do you like best?

The pricing structure makes it really easy to be able to gain all the features and benefits of having marketing automation, without having to make a HUGE investment. It can be the same price as a regular marketing email platform such as Emma or MailChimp if you opt to not need the customer service, which never gets used anyway.

What do you dislike?

we haven't experienced any issues yet but we are still new (3 months).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to implement a system like Pardot or Marketo, but are in a budget crunch or are having a hard time having the exec team see the value, this is a sure way to get all the features and benefits of Pardot and Marketo, without the high price tag.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are able to gain insight into contacts at an individual level, and track all behaviors and interactions that a contact has with us across multiple platforms, campaigns, etc. Each interaction has the ability to be scored and it helps us to determine who is engaged versus not, and when to elevate to the next step versus eject.

Autopilot review by Laura S.
Laura S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Good platform- Great Support- Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The interface is great. It is so easy to build your campaigns and see the journey a lead or customer will take. They have good support too. They are efficient at getting back to you and answering all your questions. It is a great platform for people new to marketing automation. It is really easy to use and they have great resources for you too.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could build landing pages and forms within the system. It doesn't connect to opportunities in SFDC, so you sometimes have to create SFDC fields on the account or contact level to pull them into certain journeys. The reporting is not great at all. you can create segments, but once you create one segment, you can't make edits to it. You have to create a whole new one. There are small things like that which make it hard to work within the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

determine your priorities to make sure they are all aligned

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We can create journeys for different types of leads. It really helps with getting our message out to many people. You can build journeys and let them run which is great. We use it to segment leads and send more personalized messaging to the leads. After they take certain actions you are able to push the lead to different journeys that are again more personalized to them. It is great because it integrates with SFDC, so we can send emails from our sales team.

Autopilot review by Wynne P.
Wynne P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Best of breed for marketing automation platform"

What do you like best?

By far, the biggest advantage is their customer support. They're highly knowledgeable. Always helpful. And, have always been available to help me with VERY tricky questions and scenarios, during normal business hours.

Journeys are really intuitive to design with the drag and drop editor.

Sophisticated omni-channel campaigns are a breeze to build, with email marketing, facebook and google ads audiences, twilio, direct mail... and you can take things even further with a tool called Segment.

The number of native integrations available are amazing. Yes, you can use Zapier and webhooks - their API is intuitive and easy to use. But, what I'm talking about is the number of *native* integrations, that share data back and forth, with Autopilot, because a centralised view of your customers behaviour, is what you're trying to achieve.

They already integrate, natively, with some of the most popular CRMs, including Salesforce and Pipedrive. (I saw on their roadmap that the free Hubspot CRM integration is in the works.)

What do you dislike?

There's two things I believe are lacking and need to be addressed, to be an automatic YES, for anyone considering Autopilot:

Tagging - this is currently not possible. Their answer is Smart Segments - handy, but doesn't quite cover some of the scenarios where you need to be able to tag your prospects.

Forms - they have an amazing tool for integrating with just about any form you can point at. However, in some cases this feature fails. My suggestion to Autopilot, is to create a very basic form that developers can trigger. Nothing fancy is required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add tag management

Add basic form

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm looking for a system that can act as the backbone of my marketing operation.

Besides obvious features, such as email marketing, customer database, contact management etc, key features I need, include:

* Centralised view of prospect behaviour

* Intergration capabilities

* omnichannel marketing campaigns

* easy to use API for custom connections

I think Autopilot does an amazing job, and for such a slack application, it's one of the lowest cost solutions available.

Autopilot review by Zoe Y.
Zoe Y.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"User friendly automation tool with great potentials "

What do you like best?

1. Great UI design - other automation platforms I've used can seem boring and "intimidating" sometimes. The shapes and the presentation of the flowcharts are nice.

2. Managing contacts and lists are easy and building the flow feels intuitive.

3. Live support and journey review have been very helpful resources. They respond quick and always have a good attitude.

What do you dislike?

1. Getting to the email managing interface is not easy. You have to go into a journey, click on the shape, and do a few more clicks to access emails. And once you exit the email that you were just editing, it takes you out of the email list and you have to click back in to see other emails that you might want to edit.

2. Doesn't email archive - this makes internal email approval process extremely hard.

3. Activity stream can be broken down or categorized better. Currently, it's hard to filter through all the information that has been streaming.

4. I was running out of canvas space!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

1. Reduce manual work

2. Automate confirmation/welcome emails - instantly connect with contacts

Autopilot review by Sanjeev M.
Sanjeev M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"If you are serious about marketing automation, this one needs a serious consideration"

What do you like best?

The workflow design at autopilot is the best (and I have migrated from drip so I know what I am talking about). This one is far better. The ability to visually design with conditional logic and integrate with other applications, especially CRMs makes it a worthwhile investment in time

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I cannot think of any. A couple of times I was stuck at different places and I came close to disliking but their support is virtually round the clock with a live person and I quickly found answers that helped me solve the issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about your business, then this product, in my opinion, can take care of the things that are needed. If you sign up for the trial, try and set up at least one feature end-to-end. You will be pleasantly surprised.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

From the time a client shows any interest or even visits the website, I am able to engage them and know more about what they may be interested in. But the main thing for me is nurturing a lead and converting them into a sale and the ability to send them messages based on what actions they have taken with the earlier emails and when - this is something I discovered was possible to do using this tool, without needing a huge staff!

Autopilot review by Laura O.
Laura O.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Development Specialist "

What do you like best?

Set it up and watch the leads come in. Since turning on "my machine" we went from 1-2 leads per month to 1-2 leads per day. Thanks for making me look good!

What do you dislike?

Sadly there are a few features I wished AutoPilot would do, but it sounds like most are on their roadmap and will come in time. Like any company, they can please everyone, but they will grow and add features as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set it up and watch the leads come in. Since turning on "my machine" we went from 1-2 leads per month to 1-2 leads per day. Smart investment! Hopeful for stronger PipeDrive integration in the future. This tool allowed me to reach out to our lead list of over 6000 people to see who still has a pulse. I refuse to cold call when there are things like AutoPilot who can touch my leads faster and better then I could manually. I have other business lines in my office begging for me to set this up for them too. Email campaigns are easy to make templates and save for future use, making branding standards easy to maintain.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

A way to reach out to our lead list of over 6000 people to see who still has a pulse. I refuse to cold call when there are things like AutoPilot who can touch my leads faster and better then I could manually. I have other business lines in my office begging for me to set this up for them too.

Autopilot review by Craig B.
Craig B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Automate everything in a easy interface...finally!"

What do you like best?

I love the interface. It's easy for me to see the flow of my emails, ad campaigns, and when people visit my page. I'm finally making good marketing funnels because of Autopilot.

The email creation tool is good and the designed templates are beautiful.

Their easy integration into Google and Facebook ads are great. They help me be much more precise on how re-target customers. I can also easily do it based on their interactions with the emails I send them.

What do you dislike?

I need to rely on Zapier for some things that should be native. For example, I wish I could add people more easily to their contact list but I currently have to have Zapier add people to Mailchimp lists and then sync Mailchimp lists with Autopilot.

I should be able to just add people to my Autopilot list more easily.

I wish they had more video tutorials for me to watch so I could learn how to use the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. You'll be happy you did. The UX is great.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I have used Autopilot HQ mostly for sales automation for my cowroking space. We have people schedule tours through Calendly on our website and we automate different emails they get based on the location they select, the date, and if they cancel or not. We then add them to an ad campaign and remind me to send personal emails to them if they have opened up several emails but never made an action.

Autopilot review by Matt W.
Matt W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"*The* platform for SaaS businesses to automate their marketing!"

What do you like best?

As a software based business, the ability to create automated, dynamic marketing experiences for our customers is critical - enabling us to provide a personalised, yet consistent experience for our customers was something that a lot of solutions failed to allow us to achieve. Autopilot however, delivering an API to supplement their awesome user UI, enabled us to both quickly create manual "Journeys" but also hook into those using the platforms API so that we could inject personalised information into the marketing experience.

What do you dislike?

The shapes within the journeys need a little more work. Allow customers to use more complex logic to compare custom fields for example, or apply dynamic date conditions (such as within the last x days) to date fields would open up a lot more use cases for the journey part of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a user friendly, and continually developing platform that will enable your business to create effective and process-driven marketing workflows for your business.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The key problem was consistent, yet personalized marketing for our customers. Using Autopilot has enabled us to implement customer on-boarding & dunning processes that optimize those parts of our business by addressing key actions / questions our customers may have. This has helped us to increase customer satisfaction and improve retention. We look forward to exploring this further, as we venture into integration points such as Delicious to measure customer satisfaction.

Autopilot review by Rob L.
Rob L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Remarketing and Marketing Automation with AutoPilot"

What do you like best?

The ability to define overlapping and interacting journeys without using code is amazing. Without AutoPilot I'd likely have to hire two additional full-time employees to handle communication with clients as they move from pre-sign up through the client life cycle. With AutoPilot statuses are pushed across from my CRM automatically (through Zapier) triggering the correct "journeys" (sets of emails based around the current state in the customer life cycle.

What do you dislike?

My only criticism of AutoPilot is that their analytics should have more depth and be more customizable. It's definitely possible to create and also extract useful data from the pre-determined views. But creating powerful custom reports doesn't seem to be a current function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make full use of the templates provided to get an idea of how to build you own solutions and lean on the support team and live chat early on, they're amazingly helpful.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

AutoPilot manages the remarketing emails for pre-sign ups and also the movement of Upstream's customers through our entire process. We've increased customer satisfaction, and clearness of expectations while adding no staff overhead to do so.

Autopilot review by Oualid B.
Oualid B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Game changer : more clients and a awesome user experience for these clients"

What do you like best?

We use Autopilot since 2016 in Alimnee, and it is now central to our business.

3 main features were game changing for us :

1. Sending mail and sms through funnels depending on how the client interact with us got us more clients, but also allowed us to send mail and sms to our clients to give them all the information they need about our trainings.

2. Autopilot does fit perfectly with a lot of tools as it has an awesome support from Zapier, so we connect Autopilot to : Mailchimp / Gmail / Google Contact / Pipedrive / Typeform / Audience Google Ads ....

3. Last but not least, the User Interface of Autopilot is awesome it is really visual which allow us to give the access to every new employee and he gets everything in autopilot in few hours.

More over the support fro Autopilot is really quick and helpfull.

What do you dislike?

Autopilot made ot of progress, one of the main issue was it was a bit slow.

Now it is solved but from time to time it slows down again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autopilot is much better and coplete tool than Mailchimp. If you want just to send emails Mailchimp is fine, but if you want to make real Webmarketing and deep Automation Autopilot is key.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Marketing automations converting prospects to client.

Enhance User experience of our clients : they receive email and SMS during 1 month during the whole training and that keep them focus on that training and can answer their questions easily (thanks to twilio and front also :)

Sending massive emails : we use to have Mailchimp and Autopilot, but Autopilot is doing the job so we got rid of Mailchimp.

Autopilot review by Kayla M.
Kayla M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Best customer service I've ever gotten"

What do you like best?

It takes a little bit of getting used to, but autopilot becomes very intuitive after just a day or two of use, and I'm still learning how many things it's capable of and am constantly surprised with new ways to combine things.

What do you dislike?

There's not the greatest how-tos or much of a resource library for doing complicated or advanced things. The integrations could use better education resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth playing with for a week, might be a little difficult to self teach so see if you know anyone else who uses it to show you around. Once you get the hang of it you really see its value.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We're using Autopilot with our Salesforce and segmenting leads and opps with unique and targeted nurture flows. It's really good for this, but the integrations take some fiddling.

Autopilot review by Aaron B.
Aaron B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"Great System for Small Marketing Agency"

What do you like best?

The low cost entry along with the multitude of ways to engage leads on behalf of my clients is a significant advantage. Support and documentation helped me with any issues I bumped into.

What do you dislike?

It's a lot of info to digest. I have a tech background yet some of the tools can be complex without a little help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While other big name automation tools might be "free" to get started, they cost a lot to use the full functionality. Not so with Auto-Pilot...most of the tools are available to use right away, which is great for my startup business.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm able to create accounts for each of my clients (including my own business), easy integrations through Zapier, various CRM Platforms, etc all help create a cohesive system for lead generation.

Autopilot review by Andy M.
Andy M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Very flexible automation tool"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is very easy and pleasant to use. The colorful interface and the drag and drop functionality are inviting and engaging. Autopilot's native + API integrations allow for maximum flexibility and the journey guides provide users with plenty of examples for inspiration.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes set up can be a bit tricky. You really need to be careful how you organize your journeys. Specific rules in a journey can sometimes affect another journey. You need to put in place all possible mechanisms to avoid unwanted actions. Double-checking every single rule or automation step is mandatory! Autopilot doesn't offer a form building tool and to trigger journeys with forms you need to either implement specific form builders which are compatible or work with their API key.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experiment a lot and check what others are doing for inspiration!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Autoplitot can be used for email/text message automation, on-site communication, advertising, lead scoring (indirectly), CRM, drip campaigns, outreach, onboarding, and generally to easily interconnect and automate different stages of the customer journey.

Autopilot review by Emmanuelle N.
Emmanuelle N.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"A great marketing automation tool"

What do you like best?

First, Autopilot is very simple to use, while giving you also advanced features, such as the segment.com integration, if you want to go further with your behavioral marketing. And the price is really okay, if you compare to super expensive automation tools such as Pardot.

The team is great, the answers I get from the support are always timely and on point!

They are currently building more integrations with a lot of tools, such as Typeform, Livechat etc so the platform keeps getting more and more powerful

What do you dislike?

The headsups (in-app or website notifications) are really not powerful. The allow to only display a short message, so they are not fitted at all for messages such as in-app feature announcement, or on-boarding. Intercom is way better for that. I hope they will work on this part, it can be a deal breaker if you sell a SaaS software...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see for yourself ;)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Communicate with our customers in a timely and personalized manner. Save time by automating tedious tasks!

Autopilot review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"One of the Best Bangs for Your Buck Marketing Automation Tools"

What do you like best?

The fact that Autopilot HQ had the salesforce integration was a big draw for us. We were using Pardot previously which had a cost 3X of AP with less functionality. The AP script which automatically tracks data entered into forms made a world of difference than trying to find vendors that were compatible with our previous tool. The journey builder is also very simple to use and understand. Customer support was also amazing.

What do you dislike?

**Disclaimer** I"m only two weeks in but.... I Haven't come across anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try for 30 days

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Centralizing our leads in a single point from multiple sources and technologies and being able to automate marketing and sales efforts.

Autopilot review by Antonio S.
Antonio S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Lead generation made easy"

What do you like best?

Simplicity in adding functions to each journey.

What do you dislike?

I can see that AP is a work in progress and sometimes integration with CRM doesn't perform at the best, but the customer care always helped me in fixing issues. What I would like to see more is the learning that AP development team can bring from client feedbacks. I work with Pipedrive, they have a real process in place, every relevant feedback become a backlog stories for the future improvement. That's what I didn't see yet in AP. It is in place? Let us, your partners, to know it.

We would love to partecipate and give you more indication on what keep, what stop, what do more and what do less..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a very easy-to-use and affordable tool, absolutely effective under cost/outcome perspective.

On top it is improving every day.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I was struggling in how to engage audience for my clients, all the available solution where too expensive for my client budget. Then Pipedrive people told me to check Autopilot. I did. I loved the simple way to create journeys and plan your customer contact and engagement.

Ok not all my marketing campaigns have got the same outcome, but I can definitively say that since I use AP my capability to engage audiences even for low budget campaigns has improved.

Autopilot review by PJ G.
PJ G.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"A must-have tool if you value email and marketing automation."

What do you like best?

Customer Support.

Highly knowledgeable, and always helpful and been available to help me with every kind of question and scenario, both during and outside of my businesses hours.

Software

Journeys are really intuitive to design with the drag and drop editor. I also love the annotations and feel this could be a separate tool for business who wish to map out and visualise any sort of journey.

Building campaigns are simple with the email marketing editor.

I am yet to look at facebook and google ads audiences, etc. and or to really get to grips with the segment tool.

Integrations

The number of native integrations available great, and by using you can use Zapier and API - we are looking to integrate with our CRM Hubspot.

However, we have been waiting for their native integration with Hubspot (currently on the roadmap), with some of the most popular CRM's, including Salesforce and Pipedrive already being available.

What do you dislike?

No Native Hubspot Integration

This is a popular CRM, and the need to use Zapier is a bit bulky.

No Single Campaigns

The ability to send single campaigns to data lists, without the need to create an essential journey.

Standalone Customer Journey Map Tool

A tool that is similar to something like real-time board or any workflow editor, so that we can use the tool across teams without the marketing automation element.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to get going and extremely cost-effective.

A no brainer for any marketer.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

— Customer journey mapping

— Email marketing automation

— Lead Nurturing

— Lead Monitoring

Autopilot review by Gabriel Y.
Gabriel Y.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"An automation tool that sparks your imagination"

What do you like best?

Since Autopilot works visually, it is great for visual people: If you think in diagrams or flowcharts, Autopilot is for you. Since you can see where users are heading within the flow (which happens in realtime, which is great), you actually start to think where thinks are going wrong or where you're losing users. Also, the templates are helpful to get ideas of how to actually put Autopilot to use.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is self-explanatory, but usually support staff is only a 2 minute wait away. The email integration does not support localisation, which means you have to do mails in different languages manually in a user flow (which Autopilot calls journey). They should add multi-language support, which would be very much appreciated outside of the English-speaking world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to send emails contingent on certain events in your product or on the position in a user lifecycle, Aitopilot is of great help. Especially integrating a CRM like Pipedrive is a huge help.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Autopilot helps us make use of data in Pipedrive CRM and keeps the team informed through Slack integration. Since we want to send certain emails depending on where users are in our product lifecycle and eventually get into contact with these users directly, we need a tool like Autopilot that can trigger certain events like emails or Slack messages once certain events take place (like the user reaching a certain point in the core engagement loop).

Autopilot review by Beth S.
Beth S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Autopilot is the best workflow/automation tool out there!"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is a phenomenal tool for marketing automation and email workflows! It connects almost seamlessly with the tools I use every day which is essential for keeping our team in the know and on the same page.

Other things I like about Autopilot are:

-It has a ton of integrations with other tools

-Workflows are really easy to build and are visually appealing. You can also connect something to an existing path rather than building out the same flow in a different branch (something I had to do with HubSpot which was a big waste of time)

-You can set "goals" on your journeys which are super customizable to your company's needs because you can use lists and segments. This is so much more powerful because you can move beyond just email click and open rates

What do you dislike?

I would really like for Autopilot to develop native forms. The theme on our website has a variety of forms and pop-ups (the Divi theme with the Bloom plugin, which is a very popular Wordpress theme) but they won't work with Autopilot because it requires me to connect directly with an email provider and Autopilot is not one of them. Typically I could select the option to paste an HTML form, but since this isn't something Autopilot has, I don't have a way of connecting them.

The problem I now have is that I'm using a form plugin (Ninja Forms) but this can't be read by Autopilot's form reader. The submit buttons aren't actually coded in the right way for Autopilot to recognize them, so I've had to use Zapier to connect these tools. I have my workflow down and this works, but it's a bunch of extra steps for a simple task and it makes it difficult for my team to jump in and help because there are so many programs to coordinate.

There are form plugins that will work, but I have other criteria I need to consider and Ninja Forms was the best option. It was easier for me to just use Zapier and have my other criteria met by the form than using a plugin that connects well with Autopilot.

The other things I wish Autopilot did better or had solutions for are:

-Reporting beyond just emails

-Ability to customize the fields I see on contact views

-A section for emails so I didn't have to go through journeys themselves

-In the email reporting section, I would really like to be able to see the actual contacts in each bucket (opened, clicked, replied, etc) without having to export them or create a list

-I wish there was a way to have general journey enrollment criteria without having to create segments or lists (similar to how HubSpot is setup). I want to keep my segments and lists clean, and sometimes I need to create a really specific segment for a journey to run. It just makes for unnecessary clutter

-I wish it was easier to schedule an email at a specific time. It's a bit of a weird process because you can set your jounry live and "delay" the email by a certain time but it's a bit odd. It's because the tool is moreso meant for a series of emails rather than one-offs

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something that allows for super customizable marketing automation and email workflows, this is a great option! If you're looking for a more all-in-one tool, you will likely feel like Autopilot is missing some things. If you're resourceful and have a knack for tech, Autopilot is a ton of fun to work with.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Ensuring our marketing tool connects with our CRM so that we don't have data silos, and our team can see the full scope of the customer journey/engagements.

The main things I use Autopilot for is general marketing automation. This allows me to automatically update data based on a variety of criteria, seamlessly send leads to Salesforce, update our team via Slack and email about new opt-ins, and so on.

The other, more important thing I use Autopilot for is email workflows. We have a custom integration built with Salesforce where we pipe data in from our SaaS tool. This connects with Autopilot which allows me to send segmented emails to our customers and prospects with content tailored to them depending on how they use our product. This is fantastic because it makes our email marketing so much more relevant.

Autopilot review by Mike P.
Mike P.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Great value for a great marketing automation platform"

What do you like best?

Setting up customer journeys is easier in Autopilot than in any of the other marketing automation platforms that I have used. Add that to the fact that there are so many integrations, as well as the ability to use Zapier, and you have a really solid platform here that keeps getting better. I love the ability to add different types of customer touch-points such as text messaging and even post cards.

What do you dislike?

I think that the biggest thing missing for me in Autopliot is the ability to build my own forms and use them on my landing pages and website. There are a couple of integrations for landing page builders (unfortunately not the one I use) but it is a bit time consuming to get certain fields hidden/working correctly. Another small thing is that I would love to be able to zoom out a little further in the "journey" view to get more of an overall view, especially when I am presenting to my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check to make sure all of the current software in your current marketing stack is in the integrations for Autopilot or that there is a way to connect via Zapier. You will not be disappointed.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are moving over from a different marketing automation platform to Autopilot and so far the transition is going pretty smoothly. Building out journeys at times can be a never ending process but the options are almost limitless.

Autopilot review by Mark D.
Mark D.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Excellent CRM and Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is fantastic because of its Journeys feature. It allows you to automate and create complex paths for your new leads/prospects to take. It allows for sophisticated out clauses based on contact actions, SMS notifications, integrations into slack to keep you on top of your prospects. Its wonderful.

What do you dislike?

The CRM component could be better, in terms of managing contacts and seeing their activity inteacting with your content. It would be nice to be able to create custom fields and truly manage contacts through this system. Although its integrations with other products make up for the lack of CRM functionality.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We automate follow up and notifications for our clients through Autopilot. This allows us to notify our own team and clients of new leads being generated through Facebook or other social media, it allows us to automate sales emails. Actually we suplement the functionality of Hubspot with Autopilot because of the cost advantage of doing so.

Autopilot review by David D.
David D.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"I've used this product for over two years and I can highly recomend it."

What do you like best?

Autoilothq is really great on the support side and the product keeps improving. Its a great alternative to Intercom and are a real player in the space. It definitely wins in the ease of use category and the heads up features are one of the main reason to get a hold of this product. The integrations keep getting added all the time. Many of the rules and automation are really versatile so I have not yet found a situation where I cannot do what I want.

I like the fact they keep improving the reporting.

What do you dislike?

It is not really an email marketing software in the traditional sense but that is not a bad thing its just a different way of working compared to a MailChimp, active campaign etc. You need to be prepared to work with that. A trial of the software will let you see if it will suit you. Support didn't have live chat at the start but now they have implemented that support really is first class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the demo or make sure it has the features you want.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Keeping in touch with our customers.

Reports highlighting what marketing efforts are working.

Being able to go back to old campaigns and reuse parts that worked according to the reporting.

Autopilot review by Alistair W.
Alistair W.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Backbone of automated nurturing system"

What do you like best?

The visual interface helps the whoel team grasp the logic of automation. We are able to see things in a way that isn't possible in other systems. I also like that we can work on live journeys and pubish changes.. Some tools don't allow you to do that and you have duplicate the automation to edit it.

What do you dislike?

# 1. Content snippets

I know AP is working on this - so the biggest missing feature won't be missing for too much longer: Content Snippets.

This is where you can write a piece of content - say a call to action - and save it to be used everwhere. So rather than writing a CTA html button for each of your emails (or pasting them from your initial one), you can write it in one place and then simply insert a placeholder for it in your emails, e.g. {{ custom.cta_button }}. This allows you to edit it in one place and see changes everywhere.

AP are working on this setup using liquid syntax - this is a feature I am really looking forward to just for the straight content snippet functionality, however I've also learned that they are going to implement control flow tags too - this is where you can dynamically change the content outputed in the placeholder if the record (e.g. person you're emailing) meets certain logical criteria. This will be an exceptionally powerful addition.

#2. Partial pipedrice syncing

Not quite sure what to 'name' this issue. But pipedrive is where we keep ALL customer data (current, old) as well as partner data (we have 4 pipelines). But we do not want to interact with all of these people through AP, we just want one certain pipeline to be pulled into AP. However we have no option but to sync the whole CRM database. This causes some pain because the pricing plan you are on is dictated by the number of contacts. I would like to see AP build some additional logic into their integratrion with CRMs whereby only certain contacts from within the CRM are pulled into AP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may seem overwhelming when you see the array of options in the canvas design editor... but once you've built one journey, you will have the logic down and you'll be on your way to automation mastery!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Preventing drop offs in our marketing and sales funnels.

We leverage our marketing resource 10:1. One marketer + Autopilot = 10 Marketers working manually on follow ups

Autopilot review by Aurélien M.
Aurélien M.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Amazing automation outreach tool"

What do you like best?

Very nice tool for outreach. Several paths to create. Intuitive and support is helpful and replies quickly. Set A B Testing is very easy, and they have a clear view for analytics. You can choose from a large list of triggers and then create a personalized flow for your leads

What do you dislike?

a lot of features, and maybe not enough tutorials. It lacks some integrations for example voicemails. And the only tool integrated for text messages is Twilio that I don't use. It would have been easier if we could choose our own integrations from a list or have possibilities to choose within Zapier. The dashboard view can be improved in terms of user interface, and it doesn't refresh automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you can have a demo and the person I got on the phone explains very well. In a few dozens of minutes I had my first journey running with interesting and encouraging results. There are plenty of possibilities, you can add Text Messages, typeforms, and create personalized flows with personalized emails. Possibility to use merge tags.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I can automate outreach campaigns and let leads come back easily. I save a lot of time, and I can handle way more campaigns at the same time. Slack integrations helps me flag all the good news, and I can therefore take actions quickly. I'm not using the web tracking code for the moment. But I'll definitely do it in the future.

Autopilot review by Alexi D.
Alexi D.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Autopilot helping us automate our systems "

What do you like best?

The fact that you are able to experiment with different journeys and we are able to have our work reviewed and corrected on a live basis is tremendously helpful. The idea of Autopilot making our systems automated is what we have been trying to implement through other different apps before and it hasnt worked as amazingly as this, Autopilot was an easy set up into easy-to-understand system just by watching a few videos which also takes away from trying to learn a complex system with a friendly User Interface.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the issues we experience happen because of an unheard of issue somewhere in the way we run our Autopilot connection with Pipedrive and there is some inbound leads that are lost but we have since fixed that (I hope!) as this is the only real difficulty we experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been the easiest system to use and it also has many different integrations into other systems which makes this product very versatile as they can all be connected and be made to work seamlessly together.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Mail automation, Marketing Drip campaigns, client retention mails, tracking of users on our forms. The overall outbound and inbound sales process has been streamlined in such a way where we are able to focus on data generation as opposed to following up on on things that can be automated. This frees up alot of time as well as allows for cleaner data to be recorded and used.

Autopilot review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Autopilot Marketing Automation Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly visual canvas design allows is intuitive enough to use for experienced and non-experienced marketers alike. The ability to design overlapping journeys without using code is one of the strongest features as is the ability to see at a glance the full marketing funnel from sign-up to conversion.

What do you dislike?

The menu navigation is very narrow. Making column width extendable would allow for much faster and easier navigation. Giving customers the ability to create more custom logic when comparing fields such as adding dynamic date fields would make the platform more powerful as would improving the analytics and reporting capability which is currently very basic, and not highly customisable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Staff are very helpful online.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are using Autopilot to manage direct marketing online lead generation right through to sales conversion. Doing so has allowed us to increase conversion rates and improve customer satisfaction throughout the entire journey. A key measure of success for us has been scalability. Autopilot has been critical to our success in managing high volumes of new leads.

Autopilot review by Pauline P.
Pauline P.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Great automation tool"

What do you like best?

I love Autopilot. We are a small company and, at first, we were a bit overwhelmed by it all as there are just so many functions. In fact, we watched the welcome video and nearly didn’t sign- up as it just seemed too complex! But their live chat is incredible and have been with us every single step of the way. I’d love to give a massive shoutout to Rok and Liv who must be sick of us by now as we ask so many questions. We love the way they can access your account so they can make any changes they need to. They also offer you tips on how to improve your journeys. It’s also the best email editor we’ve ever used. Ultimately, you feel you have future proofed your business with AutoPilot and its capabilities seem limitless. It truly is an incredible product and the support is second to none. Could not recommend it highly enough

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. There is a steep learning curve, but if you make use of the amazing support abs take it one step at a time, you’ll be great!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We needed a lot of segmentation for our contacts. We had been with Convertkit who kept promising more segmentation, but it never materialised. With Autopilot, you only seemed to be limited by your own imagination! We’ve still got a lot to learn, but have been incredibly impressed so far

Autopilot review by Federico S.
Federico S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Autopilot has helped turn Little Bookmates into a customer-centered scalable enterprise "

What do you like best?

They've figured how to leverage the communications of my organization in order to turn them into one of our core values.

Through Autopilot's logical, smart and easy-to-use interface, they've helped Little Bookmates provide value to our customers and even inside the company through a smart flux of communication. This way, it's led us to multiply our CLV and acquisition.

However, the very best is their team. Starting from outstanding account managers who regardless of your stage and company size, and all the way to the tech & support team, they'll never leave you on your own.

I've felt truly supported by them even as I'm not a tech native-speaker.

What do you dislike?

I'm eager to use many of their API integrations with different SAAS that I see coming.

Also, it took us a while to figure out that AP wasn't retrieving data correctly from the form in our custom platform until a couple of weeks of trial. Such on and off communication was a bit tiresome.

Sometimes it can be itchy that you can't just edit some features and you have to duplicate and later edit. But I guess it helps to make it safer for users on the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trials, get to know it, make sure the implementation works with your platform. Ours is custom code so additional configurations had to be done.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

1. Scalability of my communications with customers = LTV has increased thrice

2. Acquisition through email automation. =

3. KPI's follow up.

Autopilot review by Michael H.
Michael H.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Really Awesome Platform, Still Some Room to Grow"

What do you like best?

The Journeys builder is certainly the reason to purchase AutoPilot. It's very intuitive and to say that it's robust or flexible doesn't really do the description justice.

Especially if you are also using a CRM product like SalesForce - or in my case, PipeDrive - the integration is seamless and as reliable as if it were the same platform. In fact, there are some things that I can't accomplish with PipeDrive that I was able to do with AutoPilot integration.

Lastly, their chat support is pretty awesome. I've had probably three times where I couldn't figure out what I needed and checked in with their online support. All three times the support people were thorough and obviously knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

There are a few minor things I'd expect that are not available. The most blaring is that you cannot send on-demand emails. Everything must be pushed through a contact Journey. We do a lot of non-regular events and content that require on-demand email blasts, which are now a lot more complicated.

Also, the report and analytics section is just really underdeveloped. As is the main dashboard that shows contact interactions. I assume this is just a product of the platform still being young and the R&D being focused on the Journeys - which again, is the reason to buy the platform.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We recently moved to a new CRM leaving us without an email automation tool. We are a heavy content marketing firm and email automation with social and website integrations is really important.

As a pilot, we just released a limited time service offering that lives on the website. With AutoPilot we are able to monitor our signup form (without any custom code whatsoever) and pop messages that look like live chats (also without code) to help generate leads for people who visit the page .. and likely pushed there by emails also from AutoPilot. So far, we've generated a couple leads in a few days and these are automatically pushed into PipeDrive for our sales team.

Autopilot review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Easy to get started. Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Autopilot was incredibly easy to use and get started with. The interface could not have been any more clear. Their customer service was also great whenever I had a question. They had answers for most of my questions and quickly got back to me with answers if they were unsure. I also really love the team review feature. Having one of their experts look over my journey helped me have a cleaner experience.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I wish they had built in. One of the most important one for my sales and marketing process is syncing opens and emails with Pipedrive. We do everything out of of Pipedrive, and not being able to see which contacts had opened our emails limits what we can do with Autopilot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Autopilot. You are able to pick up the product and start effectively using it right away. If they continue to add features with pipedrive, I will be a long term user.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Autopilot allows us to automate a lot of our marketing campaigns. Anyone on our small team can quickly pick it up and use it to make their jobs easier. Since we are only four people, that is a huge benefit.

Autopilot review by Swapnil S.
Swapnil S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Most easy to use & intuitive marketing automation software"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is the easiest to use & intuitive marketing automation software out there. Some of the best features of Autopilot are:

- Tracking Script

Their tracking script helps to track visitors that come to our website via different marketing campaigns. By using their tracking script we can know the entire journey of the visitor and prospects.

- Core Automation Platform

Building automation is very easy with their journey builder.

-Integrations

They offer slack integration by default.

- Easy Deployment

Their APIs are well written with examples and sample code

-Reporting

Their reporting feature is powerful, very easy to use & understand.

What do you dislike?

Email templates are not really good. They have very few email templates and editing them is not easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autopilot is a great tool and can handle a lot of different marketing use-cases. Please read through their documentation and case studies to get an understanding of how other companies have implemented it. Do a product consultation call with their sales reps while trying out the product. They will guide you in effective implementation of autopilot.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We get a cost-effective marketing automation solution that is helping us to improve our user onboarding flow of your product.

Autopilot review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"Amazing email marketing platform and extremely easy to use"

What do you like best?

The Autopilot email platform is very intuitive to use for campaign based emails and marketing automation. It also integrates with a number of other platforms which is great. Throughout the campaign we ran I had a number of questions which the Autopilot Support team were to assist with via their live chat and also provided great solution advice and multiple options.

What do you dislike?

The SMS integration with Twillio is not as good as it could be and is in its infancy. Once this is improved the Autopilot platform could become any organisation's one-stop marketing tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autopilot is a great product for any SME or Large organisation. It comes with great functionality which is easy to use and integrates with a growing number of other products and CRMs.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are using Autopilot for Peer to Peer marketing campaigns which pulls data directly using the Fundraisin API. This enable us to engage with our supporters in different segments very easily as well as run A/B tests to get better insights into what communication works best.

Autopilot review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"The easiest way to send e-nurturing campaigns"

What do you like best?

The journey builder built into Autopilot is the easiest and nicest journey planner I have ever used. Drag and drop, make the connections, and you're ready to go. A huge selection of options makes setting up new journeys a breeze

What do you dislike?

The management of emails across campaigns is challenging to say the least. The product roadmap says that a fix for this is on the way, but for now, it has been the biggest hurdle getting Autopilot setup smoothly.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We used to use Mailchimp, with automations, but Autopilot has allowed us to "Set and Forget" our e-nurturing systems. We built the journeys, set up the entry points and boom! Done!

Autopilot review by Hannah R.
Hannah R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Great solution/company that fits our needs perfectly"

What do you like best?

When searching for the right marketing automation solution for our company, we had a few criteria that were hard to find all-in-one. A solution that worked best for our backend environment (mostly events coming from Segment that would feed nicely into the solution), a solution that was affordable but not cheap as we have offer 100K contacts currently and this increasing by at least 6K per month, a solution that was user-friendly and visually nice to use, and a solution that had a team behind it that we could trust (fast-moving, responsive, and fun). Autopilot checked all of these boxes plus more. I really appreciate how flexible the tool is and how it can play pretty nicely with most other software we use via direct integration and/or Zapier. I foresee us being with Autopilot for the long-haul and I'm happy about that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't love about Autopilot is the dashboard. It only works if you use Salesforce and we don't so it provides no value for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. There's not one tool that's perfect for everyone. But if Autopilot fits your needs, I'd say they're the ones to go with :)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Before Autopilot, we did not have someone that would be managing the solution full-time, so we were using ActiveCampaign. I then came on full-time and ActiveCampaign just had so many backend issues that we had to deal with for months. Soon after starting and taking on all of these issues we were having with AC, I realized it was already time to look for a replacement. I did EXTENSIVE research on 11 tools -- demos, weeks of testing, and Autopilot came out on top by a ten-fold. We are now able to market to the massive amount of contacts we have and from that we see on average 1K more contacts testing our software each month than we did before.

Autopilot review by Mickie P.
Mickie P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Competitors Better Watch Out"

What do you like best?

Building automated marketing journeys that everyone in the business can understand regardless of complexity. The visual drag-n-drop layout makes it easy to deploy new ideas and still maintain an overview of what is actually active and working. I come from a background in casino and gambling, where every little drop matters in a very saturated market space, and I've used big (expensive) systems to squeeze and tweak. AutoPilot is still growing - but fast. I can't wait to see where this product is heading.

Through a pretty solid API, we've been able to use AutoPilot in more creative ways and add a new layer of complexity to our strategies.

What do you dislike?

Still a product in rapid development. Some things are still being tweaked, but I always seem to find a way to do exactly what I want to. I'm confident these features and UX issues will be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and jump on the webinars to see a demonstration of features

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We're seeing a rise in sales and our churn rate has equally improved through more personalised and relevant communication.

Autopilot review by Nicco R.
Nicco R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Everything we ever needed"

What do you like best?

Autopilot's software has the unique ability for me to take an idea for a customer journey and put it into an executable plan with ease.

Autopilot allows my website to trigger an API that sets up a cascade of different journeys and sets up flags to know when to remove users after they have taken certain actions.

The careful placement of customizable variables is also incredibly useful. I haven't found something that I wanted to do that I haven't been able to yet.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to sort the list more strategically. For instance, segment a list so that only users in CA get an email. I know there exists list segmentation, but it could be a bit more robust.

I'd also like to be able to send emails outside of a journey like a traditional MailChimp setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their support staff and journey reviews. They are incredibly helpful.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Visitors to my website need to upload a series of documents depending on the status they wish to achieve. Autopilot allows me to keep track of what they've completed and send them on different journeys, accordingly.

Autopilot review by Quentin A.
Quentin A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Couldn't be happier"

What do you like best?

It does everything I need and it's so simple to use. Not to mention it's a whole lot cheaper than others I've used. I couldn't be happier with Autopilot. It's integration with Zapier means the only thing holding me back for the most part is my imagination!

What do you dislike?

Not so much of a dislike but a request - I'd love A/B split testing to be included in the Base plan. That's about it at this stage. Would also love an affiliate program.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Autopilot is helping our agency and our clients engage our respective audiences. Whether that's simply promoting other content within the site or more customer nurturing related activities. So specifically we're reducing bouncing rates and keeping visitors on site longer. We're signing visitors up to email newsletters or email courses. We're customising on-site experiences. We've built a feedback process which has saved paying for another third-party solution. What more can I say....

Autopilot review by Paul M.
Paul M.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Beautiful User Experience!"

What do you like best?

After using many marketing automation platforms, autopilot is the most pleasant user interface. The integration with Segment is a big bonus also.

What do you dislike?

The unique identifier is restricted to email address. An imported contacts list could have multi email duplicates with personal details different for each. E.G. A family membership to AFL football may have been registered by a parent who listed the family names and uses the same email address for each. Importing the contacts list does not also the preservation of duplicates. I understand the theory but the reality requires an option to preserve duplicates or option to select your own preferred unique identifier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Alot like Xero "Let's do beautiful business", autopilot "Let's do beautiful marketing"!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Empowering true one to one communications to deliver relevant content and offers via the best responding channel, increasing ROI through relevance and reducing administration cost when utilising automation

Autopilot review by Administrator
Administrator
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Very Impressive"

What do you like best?

If you can think of it, you can basically do it thanks to their commitment to integrations with other companies. Autopilot is an affordable option compared to Salesforce Pardot and I believe can be more robust if given the proper planning.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve is a bit higher than I thought it'd be at first but the customer service is the best of any company I currently work with. They are always online, well trained, extremely helpful. So I guess this is not that much of a dislike after all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the sample journeys to begin. Take advantage of the on boarding webinar and use the chat support.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Leads are no longer falling through the cracks. We are able to schedule automated follow ups and respond accordingly based on those responses. It has saved us literally hundreds of thousands of dollars in likely missed sales opportunities.

Autopilot review by Anyra P.
Anyra P.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
content

"Incredible tool for smart email marketing"

What do you like best?

The drag and drop "whiteboard" interface of the journey design is so easy, fun and intuitive! At first it seemed daunting, but I'm continually amazed at how many actions can be built into my campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The only downsides I've found are simply in metrics: I'd love to be able to see stats of device use among my contacts, so that we can be continually optimizing our creative best for the audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let the unique interface scare you. Your rep will be so helpful and after one campaign you'll be flying!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Everything I do supports the CRM team, and using Autopilot has made my job so easy. Whether I'm setting up a drip campaign that sends to new contacts daily, or replicating journeys for large campaign sends, the system make is so easy to get A LOT of work done without a lot of work.

Autopilot review by Benjamin L.
Benjamin L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Autopilot is a leader in Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

The UX/UI & pre-built templates make it perfect to get started quickly

What do you dislike?

Could use more flushed out integrations with a wider variety of platforms/tools - also email building needs its own dedicated section instead of oly being built in Journeys

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Autopilot makes our Lead Nurturing simple & easy. With each trigger/action/condition broken down into easy shapes - you can build out complex journeys in a snap. Combine that with integration into your CRM (we use Pipedrive) custom field mappings etc - it's really easy to quickly build, segment and prioritise our leads in a way that is meaningful to our sales staff and effortlessly efficient.

Autopilot review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Great product - but we quickly outgrow it "

What do you like best?

This is a great product for its price. Definitely punching above its weight in that regard. Love the visual drag-and-drop builder for automated journeys. Very easy to learn and get up and running. Support is top-notch - support team is quick to respond and knowledgeable.

The headsup tools was easy to setup as well, and works really well within an automated journey.

What do you dislike?

AutoPilot is missing features, large and small, that other more established providers offer as standard. Many little things started to annoy me, but I'll outline the my major concerns.

The email builder is very limited. Not drag and drop, and restricting in terms of layout and structure. Although they mentioned an upgrade is coming.

The reports are also limited - info is slow to load, and does not offer many metrics. It is outsourced to a 3rd party supplier and the experience of pulling data and scheduling reports is clunky and not very informative.

AB testing is only available in the premium pricing tier.

Also found that segmentation options were not as detailed as we required in order to personalise and automate as much as we wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great company, and if you're starting out with automation then it is the perfect option. Give them another 1-2 years and they'll be real heavy hitters.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Automated onboarding comms journeys.

Lead nurturing

Event related comms.

Fundraising support

Zapier integration also allows for automated documentation processes.

Autopilot review by Ratko I.
Ratko I.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Great tool for personalised communication!"

What do you like best?

I love two things about Autopilot - how easy it is to setup a campaign and how much power you have with its features. You can automate based on any type of user activity and guide the lead / prospect / customer in any way you please - that is powerful!

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes harder to completely understand how all the features work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them out for a simple campaign. The price isn't low, so it's important you get the idea of the value first. If you have a bunch of subscribers, use them for a nurturing campaign only, or for a smaller campaign with just a limited number of subscribers.

I found that the biggest value is in campaigns where automation makes most sense - onboarding emails fit here perfectly, nurturing campaigns, even sales prospecting through automated emails is great here!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Creating customers out of leads. It's really simple to use their campaigns, coupled with a marketing strategy to get most out of every lead that touches your business. Plus I've realised you can used them to automate tasks such as outreach for more information, asking to complete a step, etc.

Autopilot review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"High functioning features paired with visually pleasant interface."

What do you like best?

As someone who was new with email marketing it was really easy to set up my first automation. Everything is straightforward and based on how the user interacts with the emails I can easily set up segments of customers. A/B spilt testing is also very easy to set up, which is very important in my role. I also like how it tracks and records customer interactions with the site. This has helped me build better segments and understand what people are doing before converting.

What do you dislike?

The HTML builder is not as good as other email platforms. I've found myself making HTML templates on other platforms then uploading them into Autopilot. The reporting could be improved, especially when I try to compare results from spilt tests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial and copy one of your campaigns over to Autopilot. That way you can see if it is easier than your current system and see if their are additional features you could leverage.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Once they are in the nurture campaign I can track their movements and actions on our site. This has been extremely helpful in finding out key triggers that make people convert. It also helped determine what kind of content people are responding to.

Another benefit is the lead score. Using the key actions that I have learned from the tracking, I can assign a score to every action some one takes. Then using that score I can move them into a special journey that is optimized for people who are more ready to convert. The opposite of that if someone is taking longer than normal i can transfer them to a journey with more content.

Autopilot review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
content

"Autopilot Review"

What do you like best?

Lovely user interface, very intuitive design and easy to use.

Drag and drop email builder is great and made my life much easier.

Journey build is relatively straightforward but some more video training would have been helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some tech issues involving triggers and automation, not ideal having chat-only support. Doesn't give us the same granularity with segmenting as Salesforce. Reporting is very basic and clunky - it's hard to compare to emails or run a report for an entire month that properly displays each email and it's performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fantastic system - user interface is clean and intuitive. A few small tricks and tips go a long way to making someone an expert user. Could use some more training/documentation.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Clean design, good for adhoc emails.

Very easy to use and good for segmenting our dynamic audiences.

Learn more about Autopilot

Autopilot Videos

Kate from G2 Crowd

Learning about Autopilot?

I can help.
* We monitor all Autopilot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Autopilot
4.6
(298)