Autopilot

Autopilot is easy and visual marketing software for automating the customer journey. Marketers use Autopilot to acquire, nurture and grow leads into customers with personalized email, in-app messages, SMS, and postcards.

Work for Autopilot?

Learning about Autopilot?

Autopilot Reviews

Ask Autopilot a Question
Filter ReviewsClear All Filters
  • Ratings (1)
Ratings (1)
Showing 144 Autopilot reviews
Autopilot review by Matt W.
Matt W.

"*The* platform for SaaS businesses to automate their marketing!"

What do you like best?

As a software based business the ability to create automated, dynamic marketing experiences for our customers is critical - enabling us to provide a personalised, yet consistent experience for our customers was something that a lot of customers failed to allow us to achieve. Autopilot however, delivering an API to supplement their awesome user UI, enabled us to both quickly create manual "Journeys" but also hook into those using the platforms API so that we could inject personalised information into the marketing experience.

What do you dislike?

The shapes within the journeys need a little more work. Allow customers to use more complex logic to compare custom fields for example, or apply dynamic date conditions (such as within the last x days) to date fields would open up a lot more use cases for the journey part of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a user friendly, and continually developing platform that will enable your business to create effective and process-driven marketing workflows for your business.

The key problem was consistent, yet personalized marketing for our customers. Using Autopilot has enabled us to implement customer on-boarding & dunning processes that optimize those parts of our business by addressing key actions / questions our customers may have. This has helped us to increase customer satisfaction and improve retention. We look forward to exploring this further, as we venture into integration points such as Delicious to measure customer satisfaction.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Autopilot
Autopilot review by Oualid B.
Oualid B.

"Game changer : more clients and a awesome user experience for these clients"

What do you like best?

We use Autopilot since 2016 in Alimnee, and it is now central to our business.

3 main features were game changing for us :

1. Sending mail and sms through funnels depending on how the client interact with us got us more clients, but also allowed us to send mail and sms to our clients to give them all the information they need about our trainings.

2. Autopilot does fit perfectly with a lot of tools as it has an awesome support from Zapier, so we connect Autopilot to : Mailchimp / Gmail / Google Contact / Pipedrive / Typeform / Audience Google Ads ....

3. Last but not least, the User Interface of Autopilot is awesome it is really visual which allow us to give the access to every new employee and he gets everything in autopilot in few hours.

More over the support fro Autopilot is really quick and helpfull.

What do you dislike?

Autopilot made ot of progress, one of the main issue was it was a bit slow.

Now it is solved but from time to time it slows down again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autopilot is much better and coplete tool than Mailchimp. If you want just to send emails Mailchimp is fine, but if you want to make real Webmarketing and deep Automation Autopilot is key.

Marketing automations converting prospects to client.

Enhance User experience of our clients : they receive email and SMS during 1 month during the whole training and that keep them focus on that training and can answer their questions easily (thanks to twilio and front also :)

Sending massive emails : we use to have Mailchimp and Autopilot, but Autopilot is doing the job so we got rid of Mailchimp.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Autopilot review by Andy M.
Andy M.

"Very flexible automation tool"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is very easy and pleasant to use. The colorful interface and the drag and drop functionality are inviting and engaging. Autopilot's native + API integrations allow for maximum flexibility and the journey guides provide users with plenty of examples for inspiration.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes set up can be a bit tricky. You really need to be careful how you organize your journeys. Specific rules in a journey can sometimes affect another journey. You need to put in place all possible mechanisms to avoid unwanted actions. Double-checking every single rule or automation step is mandatory! Autopilot doesn't offer a form building tool and to trigger journeys with forms you need to either implement specific form builders which are compatible or work with their API key.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experiment a lot and check what others are doing for inspiration!

Autoplitot can be used for email/text message automation, on-site communication, advertising, lead scoring (indirectly), CRM, drip campaigns, outreach, onboarding, and generally to easily interconnect and automate different stages of the customer journey.

Autopilot review by Emmanuelle N.
Emmanuelle N.

"A great marketing automation tool"

What do you like best?

First, Autopilot is very simple to use, while giving you also advanced features, such as the segment.com integration, if you want to go further with your behavioral marketing. And the price is really okay, if you compare to super expensive automation tools such as Pardot.

The team is great, the answers I get from the support are always timely and on point!

They are currently building more integrations with a lot of tools, such as Typeform, Livechat etc so the platform keeps getting more and more powerful

What do you dislike?

The headsups (in-app or website notifications) are really not powerful. The allow to only display a short message, so they are not fitted at all for messages such as in-app feature announcement, or on-boarding. Intercom is way better for that. I hope they will work on this part, it can be a deal breaker if you sell a SaaS software...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see for yourself ;)

Communicate with our customers in a timely and personalized manner. Save time by automating tedious tasks!

Autopilot review by Swapnil S.
Swapnil S.

"Most easy to use & intuitive marketing automation software"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is the easiest to use & intuitive marketing automation software out there. Some of the best features of Autopilot are:

- Tracking Script

Their tracking script helps to track visitors that come to our website via different marketing campaigns. By using their tracking script we can know the entire journey of the visitor and prospects.

- Core Automation Platform

Building automation is very easy with their journey builder.

-Integrations

They offer slack integration by default.

- Easy Deployment

Their APIs are well written with examples and sample code

-Reporting

Their reporting feature is powerful, very easy to use & understand.

What do you dislike?

Email templates are not really good. They have very few email templates and editing them is not easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autopilot is a great tool and can handle a lot of different marketing use-cases. Please read through their documentation and case studies to get an understanding of how other companies have implemented it. Do a product consultation call with their sales reps while trying out the product. They will guide you in effective implementation of autopilot.

We get a cost-effective marketing automation solution that is helping us to improve our user onboarding flow of your product.

Autopilot review by Hannah R.
Hannah R.

"Great solution/company that fits our needs perfectly"

What do you like best?

When searching for the right marketing automation solution for our company, we had a few criteria that were hard to find all-in-one. A solution that worked best for our backend environment (mostly events coming from Segment that would feed nicely into the solution), a solution that was affordable but not cheap as we have offer 100K contacts currently and this increasing by at least 6K per month, a solution that was user-friendly and visually nice to use, and a solution that had a team behind it that we could trust (fast-moving, responsive, and fun). Autopilot checked all of these boxes plus more. I really appreciate how flexible the tool is and how it can play pretty nicely with most other software we use via direct integration and/or Zapier. I foresee us being with Autopilot for the long-haul and I'm happy about that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't love about Autopilot is the dashboard. It only works if you use Salesforce and we don't so it provides no value for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. There's not one tool that's perfect for everyone. But if Autopilot fits your needs, I'd say they're the ones to go with :)

Before Autopilot, we did not have someone that would be managing the solution full-time, so we were using ActiveCampaign. I then came on full-time and ActiveCampaign just had so many backend issues that we had to deal with for months. Soon after starting and taking on all of these issues we were having with AC, I realized it was already time to look for a replacement. I did EXTENSIVE research on 11 tools -- demos, weeks of testing, and Autopilot came out on top by a ten-fold. We are now able to market to the massive amount of contacts we have and from that we see on average 1K more contacts testing our software each month than we did before.

Autopilot review by Mickie P.
Mickie P.

"Competitors Better Watch Out"

What do you like best?

Building automated marketing journeys that everyone in the business can understand regardless of complexity. The visual drag-n-drop layout makes it easy to deploy new ideas and still maintain an overview of what is actually active and working. I come from a background in casino and gambling, where every little drop matters in a very saturated market space, and I've used big (expensive) systems to squeeze and tweak. AutoPilot is still growing - but fast. I can't wait to see where this product is heading.

Through a pretty solid API, we've been able to use AutoPilot in more creative ways and add a new layer of complexity to our strategies.

What do you dislike?

Still a product in rapid development. Some things are still being tweaked, but I always seem to find a way to do exactly what I want to. I'm confident these features and UX issues will be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and jump on the webinars to see a demonstration of features

We're seeing a rise in sales and our churn rate has equally improved through more personalised and relevant communication.

Autopilot review by Nicco R.
Nicco R.

"Everything we ever needed"

What do you like best?

Autopilot's software has the unique ability for me to take an idea for a customer journey and put it into an executable plan with ease.

Autopilot allows my website to trigger an API that sets up a cascade of different journeys and sets up flags to know when to remove users after they have taken certain actions.

The careful placement of customizable variables is also incredibly useful. I haven't found something that I wanted to do that I haven't been able to yet.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to sort the list more strategically. For instance, segment a list so that only users in CA get an email. I know there exists list segmentation, but it could be a bit more robust.

I'd also like to be able to send emails outside of a journey like a traditional MailChimp setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their support staff and journey reviews. They are incredibly helpful.

Visitors to my website need to upload a series of documents depending on the status they wish to achieve. Autopilot allows me to keep track of what they've completed and send them on different journeys, accordingly.

Autopilot review by Quentin A.
Quentin A.

"Couldn't be happier"

What do you like best?

It does everything I need and it's so simple to use. Not to mention it's a whole lot cheaper than others I've used. I couldn't be happier with Autopilot. It's integration with Zapier means the only thing holding me back for the most part is my imagination!

What do you dislike?

Not so much of a dislike but a request - I'd love A/B split testing to be included in the Base plan. That's about it at this stage. Would also love an affiliate program.

Autopilot is helping our agency and our clients engage our respective audiences. Whether that's simply promoting other content within the site or more customer nurturing related activities. So specifically we're reducing bouncing rates and keeping visitors on site longer. We're signing visitors up to email newsletters or email courses. We're customising on-site experiences. We've built a feedback process which has saved paying for another third-party solution. What more can I say....

Autopilot review by Ratko I.
Ratko I.

"Great tool for personalised communication!"

What do you like best?

I love two things about Autopilot - how easy it is to setup a campaign and how much power you have with its features. You can automate based on any type of user activity and guide the lead / prospect / customer in any way you please - that is powerful!

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes harder to completely understand how all the features work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them out for a simple campaign. The price isn't low, so it's important you get the idea of the value first. If you have a bunch of subscribers, use them for a nurturing campaign only, or for a smaller campaign with just a limited number of subscribers.

I found that the biggest value is in campaigns where automation makes most sense - onboarding emails fit here perfectly, nurturing campaigns, even sales prospecting through automated emails is great here!

Creating customers out of leads. It's really simple to use their campaigns, coupled with a marketing strategy to get most out of every lead that touches your business. Plus I've realised you can used them to automate tasks such as outreach for more information, asking to complete a step, etc.

Autopilot review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"High functioning features paired with visually pleasant interface."

What do you like best?

As someone who was new with email marketing it was really easy to set up my first automation. Everything is straightforward and based on how the user interacts with the emails I can easily set up segments of customers. A/B spilt testing is also very easy to set up, which is very important in my role. I also like how it tracks and records customer interactions with the site. This has helped me build better segments and understand what people are doing before converting.

What do you dislike?

The HTML builder is not as good as other email platforms. I've found myself making HTML templates on other platforms then uploading them into Autopilot. The reporting could be improved, especially when I try to compare results from spilt tests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial and copy one of your campaigns over to Autopilot. That way you can see if it is easier than your current system and see if their are additional features you could leverage.

Once they are in the nurture campaign I can track their movements and actions on our site. This has been extremely helpful in finding out key triggers that make people convert. It also helped determine what kind of content people are responding to.

Another benefit is the lead score. Using the key actions that I have learned from the tracking, I can assign a score to every action some one takes. Then using that score I can move them into a special journey that is optimized for people who are more ready to convert. The opposite of that if someone is taking longer than normal i can transfer them to a journey with more content.

Autopilot review by Eric L.
Eric L.

"Best Marketing Platform around"

What do you like best?

I'm a fan of "ease of use" its simple to set up and start using right out of the gate. Great client services , always prompt on answering my questions. One of my favorite features is the ability to add twitter to our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I actually can't think of anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Step away from big and clunky, try a product that you can hit the ground running with.

I'm solving a lack of marketing play in our space. The benefits have been outstanding, we have tripled our market value and we are now eye to eye with the big players in our space. Our targets recognize us from our campaigns that we set out. I love being able to tweet as part of the marketing process. Closing over 350k worth of business in directly from one campaign is awesome.

Autopilot review by George O.
George O.

"Essential tool for any marketing stack"

What do you like best?

I like how quick it is to deploy, integrate and create automations

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything but would like to suggest the possibility of creating custom website forms within Autopilot or custom form "action", as the current method of detecting forms on websites is not too reliable for a website that uses multiple forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start by using the preset guides for simple automations and start integrating early in order to make the most of all the integrations (zapier included) but also native integrations.

With Autopilot, I'm able to create, automate and integrate marketing tools, that helps me deploy, analyze and communicate between all my tools

Autopilot review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"The best marketing automation tool on the market"

What do you like best?

It's built for everyone, not just developers or tech experts. It's intuitive and great fun to use. The capabilities are awesome and constantly growing, whether you're looking to score leads, send automated (and trigger-based) emails, send an SMS message or even alert a team member about a key issue or contact. The integrations are really good and growing. The integration with Salesforce is fantastic and the tool can be used process leads before they go into Salesforce. There are some really interesting things that you can do with Intercom and journeys can be as simple or as complex as you need. We're able to build custom journeys on the fly and test new campaigns very quickly, without any need for external help. A/B testing is really great within the tool too; you can test different routes depending on actions that leads take and you can a/b test individual messages and actions, which is great when you want to segment your audience.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is great with low numbers of contacts but quickly shoots up over the 10 and 20k mark. As soon as you go over the threshold you're charged $hundreds more each month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and see how easy it is to use and implement. Getting up and running is quick.

All aspects of marketing automation with little effort and quick results. Routing and scoring leads is also great based on their actions.

Autopilot review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Growth in a box"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of executing complex logic, from segmenting our contacts to utilizing that data for marketing.

What do you dislike?

Bulk upload of contacts caused duplicates which caused some problems, but otherwise we love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rarely have I been so promotional about someone else's business, especially software. However they have done such a great job with a truly needed aspect of online marketing - making it easy to use without any compromise on functionality... even for complete beginners. We've implemented Autopilot on www.shireeodiz.com for our post sale journeys (check delivery, satisfaction, request review, etc) as well as for basic newsletters.

Automation for post sale, referrals, customer retention and repeat buyers. In the future we plan on using Autopilot for lead nurturing and super targeted personalized deals.

Autopilot review by Michał S.
Michał S.

"Lovely experience"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is the best in its own league - it has all customization features that you could dream about. It also comes with the ability to integrate with a lot of other Saas services. This is what I call awesomeness!

What do you dislike?

After one year with this app, I found only one thing that makes me mad - preview is much different than the real email. But it can be solved with HTML templates!

Autopilot makes email marketing and customer's journey easy and understandable for non-technical people. It's just simple as that.

Autopilot review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"The best automated email marketing I've ever used."

What do you like best?

The way you build "journeys," or the funnel a user goes through, is extremely simple to use and understand. I'm a gym owner, not a highly sophisticated email marketer. I just love the ease of use setting up a new journey and the statistics it gives you for which pages people visit on your site and the interactive stuff you can do with them based on certain criteria.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were an easier way to send out newsletters, honestly. I'd like to have one journey for Newsletters and then each month, just plug in my updated content and re-send. Instead, you have to duplicate last month's journey and send it all over again. If I send out a weekly newsletter, then I'm going to have 52 separate journeys built at the end of the year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The other thing I really love about autopilot that I use on one of my sites is their HeadsUp. That's the little thing that pops up in the bottom corner of the screen that has my face on it and says, "Hi, I'm the owner, can I help you with anything?" or whatever you want it to say. It makes the experience much more personalized for the end users. I've gotten some good leads from it.

The biggest problem I'm solving personally is responding to requests for more information. I used to reply to each person manually with a page and a half email describing exactly what it is I do, how I do it, how much it costs, etc. Now I've got a form on my site that asks their name, email and what they'd like more information on. Depending on what they select on that last option, a personalized, automated email gets sent to them describing how I can help them without me having to lift a finger.

Autopilot review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best mailing software - if you're looking to deliver results, and not fight with the software."

What do you like best?

The UI is organised in a way that allows you to logically create the journeys. When you show them to your colleagues, you don't have to do much explaining, since it is visually presented in an awesome way. Perfect for AB testing and making your campaigns something more.

What do you dislike?

Takes a moment to get into it (some traps with the shapes and triggers which work in specific way) - but if you dig into KB and talk with their support, you can overcome it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, really - they have a solid roadmap and integrate with great software pieces.

We automate our communication, onboarding, and send oneshot campaigns. We have a better control of what we do and don't need developers to code it all out.

Autopilot review by Administrator

"Super Efficient Platform for Deficient Newbies"

What do you like best?

The software is already great and easy to use, but the easy integration with even more software makes for a seamless marketing process.

What do you dislike?

Some of the necessary steps to get something to work are not apparent and takes a bit of time, or customer support, to get running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any marketing experience by education, but was thrown into a role to select tools that would help us replace a dissolved customer service team. Autopilot was great with providing support to get me started and once I learned the basics, building upon that knowledge was simple.

We're a small operation responsible for reaching a substantial amount of people. Autopilot has allowed us to keep in contact with our customers with applicable and personable messages.

Autopilot review by Kory A.
Kory A.

"The Best Platform Out there For Modern Automation"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to setup complex funnels using their visual system. The Triggers, Actions, and Conditions took a bit of a learning curve, but once I grasped it, I'm now obsessed with the software, especially the Zapier integration which I take full advantage of.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Journeys can load slow when you have really massive journeys open. I also would like to see Shopify as an integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be obsessed with it. You have to learn everything to understand the potential you can get out of it, especially with SMS and Email use.

I'm using this for lead generation funnels with Facebook Lead Ads, Email funnels for nurturing, SMS communication.

Autopilot review by Dennis C.
Dennis C.

"Bringing it all together."

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the platform. The ability to bring in any tool we want is key. It means we can use best-in-class software for each process in our martech operation.

The journey maps are really easy to use and the templating is a great feature as well.

What do you dislike?

From an agency standpoint, it's hard to manage multiple clients marketing platforms with Autopilot.

We also found the lists, in general, to be hard to manage compared to some other platforms that are primarily for email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an agency, consider if/how you plan to use Autopilot on behalf of your clients.

It allows our omnichannel marketing to come together seamlessly and gives us one point of truth for all marketing interactions.

Autopilot review by Blair C.
Blair C.

"Great Product for non-technical marketers"

What do you like best?

I love the graphical interface that makes it easy to assemble marketing automation campaigns. Their initial license provide for multiples users so that your small team can all use the same tool and learn together.

Autopilot is the only marketing automation tool that I've found that is truly Omni-channel in its nature. Most can only use email as the primary communication method. Autopilot has SMS and Slack integration (and hopefully soon Whatsapp and Wechat!) and good old fashioned Postcards.

I started with a free trial and got to use the full functionality (others didn't have either a free trial or full functionality) right away. As our needs grew, it was easy to upgrade and we've done so and will continue to do so in the near term.

AutoPilot works with our Professional edition of Salesforce CRM, other systems required us to spend additional funds on Enterprise Salesforce CRM to have the integrate properly. While the Salesforce integration and syncing is limited in scope it meets all of our needs today.

Customer Services has been great. Their success team has provided us with both phone meetings to review live and proposed programs as well as written feedback.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more description as to what each functional shape means so that while I'm building a new automation campaign, I can better understand if it will work for me while I'm building the plan.

While the interface is easy, some of the more advanced features are harder to implement. We've been trying to build the head-up code into several pages on our site and it's take much longer than expected.

There is no "lead scoring" methodology in AutoPilot, so you'll have to decide when you're going to be pushing leads to your Sales Development team instead of letting the score determine such.

We were seeking an inexpensive and scalable marketing automation tool that would integrate with our Salesforce CRM and other systems in the future.

We were seeking an Omni-channel automation tool that would grow with us.

Autopilot review by Sven W.
Sven W.

"A great platform with even greater potential"

What do you like best?

The simple visual editor for automation workflow.

Where others have several different instances for different conditions.

Autopilot cuts it down to more options per condition without making it cluttered.

What do you dislike?

Not much.

Though the lack of built-in integrations (the have API to integrate with anything, though) with other services and detailed stats and data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in with an open mind.

It does lack some of the features that many others have.

But as the Autopilot team build and integrate new features on a customer wish basis.

It will be the greatest platform within the next 12 months.

And the platform is super simple to use as is.

My automation workflows are done in minutes instead of 10 to 30 minutes of work.

Autopilot review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Easy and cost effective e-marketing tool"

What do you like best?

Auto Pilot is an easy to use e-marketing tool, it has extensive functionality for Email and SMS, works well with trigger based on values or changes, you can set and forget the donor journey.

What do you dislike?

You cannot build the EDM's as easily as we would like in Auto Pilot. Only trigger off fields on Contact or Campaign member values and changes, would love to also trigger based on campaign fields values and changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has all that you need for e-marketing without the excessive costs that some marketing platforms have.

We have standardised our communications so all e-marketing is via Auto Pilot. So our branding and messaging is consistent and we are able to automate some donor communications.

Autopilot review by Bryce Y.
Bryce Y.

"It's an awesome tool and great for email marketing automation"

What do you like best?

The single best feature is the visual journey editor (like a flow chart) - nowadays, I'd never use an email marketing tool that doesn't have this feature. It's great to be able to map out the whole flow of a journey in very much the same way I do on a whiteboard or in a notebook. There's also loads of options for the journey whether it be emails, slack notifications, API triggers, any kind of decision point you could want (incl which pages they've visited on your website), scoring (both lead and anything else you want), field checking and editing... it's great.

What do you dislike?

Managing emails isn't the easiest thing in the world and there's no ability for dynamic content insertion behind traditional short merge fields (unlike Drop.co) but otherwise, it's pretty powerful.

It's quite a pain to send a one-time email but I think that's okay because it nudges you towards planning everything in advance.

Not the best native solutions for UTM tracking, definitely something worth thinking about at the time of setup (you'll want to build out a custom journey that captures and stores the data for you).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool. The journey analytics/goals are a killer feature - it saved me from jumping ship.

I'd consider evaluating Drip as well (it wasn't as fully featured as it is now when I switched to Autopilot).

All our marketing emails are handled by Autopilot, everything from lead magnet delivery to product launches, to lead nurturing, to onboarding for our SaaS product.

Autopilot review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Autopilot's High Flying Performance"

What do you like best?

I can't say enough great things about the visual interface. Personally I am a visual learner and this program immediately caught my eye. The different trigger colors and shapes help the user to mentally organize what can definitely become a complicated build. I also am a big fan of the tracking feature. A lead can be tracked as they navigate the company's website and landing page exit points which provides great behavioral data.

What do you dislike?

When I had previously implemented the Proactive Headsup popup on our website I was using it along side another chat feature on the right hand side of the page. Autopilot's Proactive Headsup feature also showed up on the right side and I inquired if there was a way to move it to the left side so I could capitalize on both chat/questionnaire features. It seemed like a pretty simple ask and build but unfortunately couldn't be performed for me so I had to choose not to use the Proactive Headsup feature.

Creating awareness for our brand and products. We provide service for a product that many people aren't sure exists (pull out shelving) and can help organize their kitchen space while increasing space and accessibility. We use Autopilots' email automation to nurture leads captured through our ebook landing pages into a sale. We've realized the benefits of data collected around these 'awareness' users and have had some results with people searching for general product terminology eventually becoming design appointments and sales.

Autopilot review by Jeffrey W.
Jeffrey W.

"Easy to use SaaS user nurturing tool"

What do you like best?

Since we use Autopilot at SERVUS to take our users on a nurturing journey, it has performed its tasks without any problems. In fact, it is rare that I have to monitor the dashboard - it just works! Also like the integration with Segment, in order to pass events from our platform into Autopilot for tracking

What do you dislike?

The need to enter a journey in order to audit/edit the emails in that journey. This may have been changed recently, but was the one item that seemed like extra work when I was updating my journeys last time (it's been a few months).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will save a lot of time if you have some email copy already available when you are building your journeys. It is likely that you will come up with new requirements for additional emails, but having a starting point will pay off.

SaaS user nurturing - trickle out info to our users to help them learn about our product at key steps. In addition, we have created event based journeys/content, so it is helpful to know what each user has done/not done so that we can sent them the appropriate content.

Autopilot review by Nicole N.
Nicole N.

"Perfect for creating customer journeys "

What do you like best?

I like how many triggers, conditions, and actions are available. I can make it do exactly what I need to accomplish and track the whole process.

What do you dislike?

The lack of flexibility within the contact management side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really a great product to create customer journeys and has a lot of conditions, triggers, and actions.

I am able to have transparency on how leads are interacting with my website and emails. I am able to accurately report my website conversations.

Autopilot review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

"Automate EVERYTHING!"

What do you like best?

To start, my use for Autopilot is associated with my e-commerce site. I use it to engage clients, share information and for multiple stage follow-ups.

Autopilot is extremely versatile and easy(ish) to use. The possibilities are virtually endless with what you can do.

I love being able to segment people into different groups/lists based on where they are in the cycle of buying/nurturing. Trigger selection is fantastic, as are the email templates.

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing is understanding some of the more advanced concepts and how others with similar goals use the platform. It would be nice to see AutoPilot host group meetings for various uses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with a notepad and write out exactly when/how/who you want to 'touch'. Use those flows to create journeys for your customers.

Attend the training! It's not spectacular, but it's a great head start on getting into the platform and kicking things off.

Use Flight School! While the videos can be long, they are extremely valuable in understanding how certain things work and why you would use them.

Autopilot allows our business of 2 people to respond and treat +1000 clients as if we had a staff that was much larger. We can personally reach out to each person on a timed basis after their purchase to share information as well as gain feedback. This has been extremely effective in gaining positive reviews and very helpful in understanding a few shortcomings on our end.

Autopilot review by Jay S.
Jay S.

"Amazing tool for all your marketing automation needs!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and tight SFDC integration! Effective List Management & Drip Marketing!

What do you dislike?

Nothing I disliked, however if we could have a chat functionality such as intercom would be awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should try Autopilot as its very easy to use! Most importantly if you want to define a journey its very easy. A user adaptability is very high due their great user interface! Onboarding experience is great and self-explanatory!

Drip Marketing, Pop-up for subscribing, Defining journeys and goals. Easy to use software and salesforce integration works like a charm, their pro-active heads up has been a very useful feature as well!

Autopilot review by Misha A.
Misha A.

"Remarkable"

What do you like best?

Gorgeous UI, powerful and perfectly priced, great for startups that need marketing automation but can't afford annual contracts and implementation fees.

What do you dislike?

Missing some basic variable operators and campaign triggers. Support can be less than great if you have technical issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need more than what Mailchimp offers, get Autopilot.

If you want HubSpot but can't afford it, get Autopilot.

Form capture, email marketing, lead scoring and nurturing, lead funnel management, basic marketing performance analytics, 1-1 Salesforce integration.

Getting all of the above for a fraction of the cost of Autopilot's closest competitors is remarkable.

Autopilot review by Kate C.
Kate C.

"Powerful Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

We've only just started using Autopilot, but we're thrilled with how easy it is to set up the journeys and how complex and detailed you can make them. The support has also been phenomenal. From group webinars to one-on-one conversations with the support team, they've gone above and beyond to meet our needs.

What do you dislike?

Some key integrations are still missing, most notably Mailchimp. We had many beautiful Mailchimp templates that we were unable to migrate over, despite the bet efforts of the support team. We ended up building new emails in the Autopilot builder, but they are not as visually rich as the ones we had in Mailchimp. Ultimately, however, the other features Autopilot provides persuaded us to make the switch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend the pre-sale webinar - it's well worth your while. Your onboarding rep is also a valuable source of information, and the support team will also help you considerably even if you're only on a free trial.

Automating our marketing funnels and making them even more personalized and segmented. Autopilot makes this easy.

Autopilot review by Brandon U.
Brandon U.

"Finally—Affordable, Full-Featured Marketing Automation Software"

What do you like best?

Autopilot offers the most marketing automation features for the lowest cost. It is easy to set up and get started.

What do you dislike?

Deciding what "funnels" to build was a little daunting at first, but the help lessons (Flight School) and guides (pre-built templates of some of the best funnels ("customer journeys" in Autopilot) were very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend it...they offer a 30-day free trial, and it is easy to remove it from your site if you decide not to keep it.

I am more confident knowing I am now able to utilize enterprise-level marketing automation software that previously would have cost hundreds or thousands of dollars per month.

Autopilot review by Mercedes O.
Mercedes O.

"My new best friend Autopilot."

What do you like best?

The entire experience is easy to use. The drag and drop feature makes it easy to build new journey's (sequences) quickly. My work is not only easy to create but it is also very easy to edit and collect data. Also, tracking attribution across our email campaigns and other channels has proven that autopilot is a key tool beyond email automation.

What do you dislike?

I have a few issues with some of the features in the main dashboard for reports: I would prefer to set custom dates as default. When navigating through the funnel reports- it would be great if i could easily see a visual report of how emails are performing compared to the others. Find this information is do able, however i wish i could see the "high level" view before running a report per campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to try it to believe it. The support staff has been amazing!

Attribution! Attribution! Attribution! My team ditched another a couple other apps when we discovered how effective Autopilot was at tracking actions on our site. Custom segmentation feature is really easy for creating custom scoring and building detail insights.

Autopilot review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Powerful Marketing Automation Software Made Easy"

What do you like best?

One of the best parts of AutoPilot is its ease of use. It's so user-friendly that anyone on your team can jump in with minimal product training.

What do you dislike?

Currently, the email editor does not have a spell check built into it but a fix for that is coming shortly.

We're no strangers to marketing automation software. We previously had Marketo and weren't very happy with our support and the level of complexity needed to truly get the most out of the platform. The products are pretty similar but our biggest benefit with AutoPilot has been its ease of use which has increased adoption throughout the whole company. With more people using AutoPilot there are amazing ideas for journeys and we aren't siloed into just having 1 marketing automation expert in the company.

Autopilot review by Sally C.
Sally C.

"Outside Sales Manager"

What do you like best?

I like that I can create customizable marketing experiences for new contacts and prospects. This saves me a ton of time from manually having to follow up, and allows me to track if a prospect is showing interest through engagement. This allows me to follow up automatically, and directly contact them if they are showing a lot of interest.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have trouble figuring out exactly how to create what I have in mind. I know from their training and articles that the things are possible, but struggle to figure it out on my own and get nervous when I initially launch the journey that it will not be done correctly resulting in a weird experience for the contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do as much during the free trial as you can so that you can really get a feel for how it works and if it is a good fit for your goals.

Appointment setting, prospect and customer follow up, working on a more robust and integrated marketing journey for sales.

Autopilot review by David L.
David L.

"Autopilot also rock in my French world!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the interface. There is nothing on the market like this. Intuitive, powerful you can do so much you can't imagine. I currently have autoresponders. I have form grabber that then initiate a journey of 12 emails. Because we are in a French province we also handle French and English client with the same Autopilot setup. This is very helpful to be able to have only one client database and handle both languages. I could have talk a lot more about Autopilot but stop reading about it, this is THE email automation to use.

What do you dislike?

Wow what a hard question to answer! Hummm for now I really don't know...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead this is the best move I ever done.

We are a small team here at Kronozio and Autopilot is like 1-2 more employes working full time with us. It take care of all our auto-responds and also a couple of client journey based on some trigger or behavior of the client. This is a life saver for a small team can't live without it anymore.

Autopilot review by Antoine D.
Antoine D.

"Great software for startups"

What do you like best?

Super efficient and easy to use! Autopilot helps us in the automation of our customer journey and is also compatible with great Apps like Zapier, Segment , slack or Twilio.

So we can combine all the best marketing apps and focus on our core business.

The customer support is also awesome! Very fast and accurate. I am always very satisfied.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features could be improved, especially in the integration with other Apps (it would be great to get delivery information from twilio for example). Having a chat to answer directly to headsup messages would also be great.

But Autopilots is better day after day with new updates!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it's really easy to implement and helps a lot.

We can now track really well our customer journey and send custom fit informations/messages to them.

We can also link our marketing tools with the data coming from the usage of our App, which is really awesome.

Autopilot review by Gonzalo MartĂ­n C.
Gonzalo MartĂ­n C.

"8 is the magic number "

What do you like best?

I have trued 8 differents autoresponders and this is the one for sure, i came back coz is awesome

The best for me is the easy way you can set up the journeys. Its just amazing how easy it is and for me im not a tech guy is extremely fast.

What do you dislike?

Well if i have to say what i dislike is the pricing for more than 1000 users. i believe it need to be 20usd between 0 an 3000 users that could be great

Well autopilot is the heart of my email campaign where i sell online courses

Autopilot review by Lydia G.
Lydia G.

"Easy to Use and Great for Intro CRM"

What do you like best?

With a new subscription business, we have been able to implement it's contact chat feature which has created several great leads and contacts since our product launch. We enjoy the easy to navigate platform with the templates and contact management

What do you dislike?

I wish it would help us with market-specific how-to's or how to generate more leads using the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend knowing what your goal is in when the pop up appears. Our site is driven for subscriptions so our pop up is letting them know we know they are there if they have any questions.

Developing a great customer experience without have to be there face-to-face. We are able to take our site to a new level of customer user experience through the feedback we receive from this tool

Autopilot review by Emory C.
Emory C.

"Autopilot is changing the way that we email customers."

What do you like best?

The intuitive way that you can create paths (journeys) on Autopilot is allowing us to make a stronger impact on our customer base. We can qualify leads in a way that we never could before.

What do you dislike?

Autopilot needs to work a little on the design aspect of their email. They can create simple nice emails, but more complex emails are all but impossible to make in Autopilot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a terrific platform.

We are now able to distinguish potential customers and current customers in our email blasts. This makes for smarter marketing.

Autopilot review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Powerful & Supportive"

What do you like best?

- The customer support is AWESOME! From the very start, the Autopilot team has been there to help with the transition from our former automation system, as well as training, on-boarding, answering questions whatever I need.

- Easy-to-use, visual and intuitive.

- The automation is fantasic!

- Powerful integration with both SalesForce & Slack

- Postcard feature is AWESOME!

What do you dislike?

- I wish there was a separate interface for managing your email templates, I dislike having to create a journey to see my email templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Signup for a trial and definitely contact with the Autopilot team, they are great to work with and rather than selling you on a plan and getting you to signup, they want to help you solve your problems and meet you goals.

I was paying an enterprise level price for a popular automation system just to get basic automation for email campaigns. Autopilot gave me everything I needed without having to pay for stuff I don't need.

Autopilot review by Adam F.
Adam F.

"Robust product that continues to deliver value"

What do you like best?

After scoping out the competition, we selected autopilot because it satisfied out initial email automation needs but offered a range of features and functionality that I knew we could use down the road for future initiatives. We continue to find new way to use autopilot for marketing, sales, and customer success workflows. The Salesforce integration is very powerful and their customer success & support teams are great!

What do you dislike?

There is room for improvement when it comes to creating and customizing email templates. Sometimes creating journeys based on the logic you want requires some workarounds but the fact of the matter is that almost anything is possible with a little creative thinking.

- Trial Onboarding

- Product Marketing

- Lead Routing & Nurturing

Autopilot review by Matthew L.
Matthew L.

"Great automation for marketing."

What do you like best?

The visual layout. It gives you a clear sense of what you are doing. Connecting the blocks and adding events is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The organization of lists and contacts. If you use a guidebook or make your journey a guide book, all the lists get duplicated, or new lists are added from the generic guidebooks. That can get frustrating if you are just trying to get a sense of what to do and how to use the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a time with one of the trainers or salespeople. Once they explain it a little bit, you will want to use it. It works like it says it will.

Contacting more customers more efficiently. The best part is I can get a real sense of how our customers interact with our emails, what works and what doesn't.

Autopilot review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Marketing Automation for Anyone & Everyone"

What do you like best?

First of all, nothing compares to the price of AutopilotHQ. $48 per year for all the features of an enterprise tool is crazy! And as much as I dislike email, email and calls are still 99% of the customer journey. Next to price, my favorite part of AutopilotHQ is the journey builder. Creating journeys are extremely simple. In fact, we use the journey builder alongside MailLift's handwritten letters to trigger truly personal messages/notes during the early days of winning a new customer. Hands down to AutopilotHQ for making that a possibility.

What do you dislike?

As of 2015, AutopilotHQ is still young and a bit buggy. Sometimes AutopilotHQ is slow to load, but their support is fantastic at responding and helping. While the speed doesn't bother me, the speed bothers some of my coworkers. I also wish they would have a bit more ability to score leads and create webforms. If AutopilotHQ acquired someone like LeadPages I think they would be unstoppable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering AutopilotHQ, try out their free trial and play around with the journey builder for an hour or two. I promise time will fly by fast and you'll either love AutopilotHQ or... well not love AutopilotHQ :)

I use Autopilot for managing a subset of customers that I want to provide a specific followup experience to. While I've used other tools (Infusionsoft, HubSpot, Close.io), AutopilotHQ is my go-to for quickly getting marketing automation setup and running for new campaigns.

Autopilot review by Nivas R.
Nivas R.

"Autopilot is such an ease to work with for Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is a very easy to use marketing automation tool. Especially the drag and drop feature. The team has also been adding features regularly to keep the product updated. I also love the new Insights feature they launched. It saves efforts in terms of generating reports and understand how we performed.

What do you dislike?

There were a couple of glitches earlier but I guess the team has worked towards it and fixed them now.

We use it to increase adoption for our trial customers. We also use it for newsletters and other email journeys.

Autopilot review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"AutoPilot Review"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to create response text messages and send email replies to specific people based on where in the journey the reply comes in.

What do you dislike?

There's a pretty steep learning curve with AutoPilot, which isn't ideal when you want to stand things up quickly or train someone new.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware a semi-steep learning curve when you're first getting set up, but stick with it! It's a great product that can help your business in a lot of ways! Totally worth the effort it takes to set it up properly, and will make your life so much easier and more productive/efficient!

The ability to communicate with clients in an ongoing manner without team members needing to spend time sending essentially the same emails to multiple people per day/week/month and the ease in which you can change/update a journey as you go along. We love the experience this can create for our clients which can truly set us apart from our competitors in the industry.

Autopilot review by Hudson B.
Hudson B.

"Easy-to-Use Automation Program for Budding Entrepreneurs"

What do you like best?

Autopilot is very user friendly. It's just the right amount of capabilities for a new business. It is a great price for the product.

The customer service is amazing - I've received helpful tips from Autopilot agents who have reviewed my account to see how to best streamline my journeys and procedures. I also received very responsive help to fix loading speed issue.

What do you dislike?

Logging on used to be a very slow process. The Autopilot support team has been amazing and worked hard to solve the issue in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Autopilot to any business. It's exactly what you need to get started - you won't be disappointed with all of the options available.

For my business, Autopilot automates sending client contact information to my employees. I use Zapier to connect Wufoo forms and 123ContactForms to create Autopilot contacts.

Autopilot review by Giovanni P.
Giovanni P.

"Great tool to Automate your Marketing processes"

What do you like best?

The Visibility of the journeys is great. The ease of pushing leads from one list to another depending on conditions.

What do you dislike?

Smart Segments once created are not editable

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it's a great tool that might solve a lot of your Marketing Automation problems

Increasing returning visitors and actions on site. It's great for simple follow up emails but also for longer more complicated journeys that include onsite messages, emails, sms and much more.

Autopilot review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Elegant automation solution at a fraction of the cost"

What do you like best?

Rich with useful features and integrations.

What do you dislike?

Lack of email design options and the steps required to access your drafted and sent emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be willing to give up the beautiful email templates offered by other software. In exchange, you will gain greater business insight and control over your campaigns. Be prepared to spend some time learning the program and outlining your business goals when setting the software up.

We replaced our former email marketing program, Constant Contact, with Autopilot, because of the enhanced automation capabilities and more primarily - because of the way it integrates with our website. Instead of a separate email platform, Autopilot provides a robust dashboard that tracks visitors -> leads and the capabilities to funnel those leads through effective campaigns.

Learn more about Autopilot

Autopilot Videos

Learning about Autopilot?

* We monitor all Autopilot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.