Autotask

Autotask Pro integrates all of the features and functionality you need - and the flexibility to adapt them to meet your specific business requirements

Work for Autotask?

Learning about Autotask?

Autotask Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 112 Autotask reviews
Autotask review by Mostafa H.
Mostafa H.

"Best ticketing tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to filter tasks due this week, I like the user defined fields help in filtering custom data while designing reports, it is really light and bugs free, I like its APIs, it helps us integrating our internal systems with it, easy to add notes on issues, tickets and tasks, easy to notify any team members with the status, I like that when I receive a notification email from Autotask I can easily access the link included to direct me to the note directly in Autotask, it is really a great ticketing tool it shows clients' notes professionally.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it hasn't its own server clock, as some team members may have a wrong time on his local machine, so his or her notes will appear very far from its appropriate position which made a lot of confusion, so PLEASE you need to use your own time consider the time zone for the user to keep the notes integrity untouched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend Autotask to any company for managing their projects and handling customer's needs and problems.

Customer's ticketing and project management scheduling, reporting project status

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Autotask
Autotask review by Kenny A.
Kenny A.

"UI is kind of Clunky but does what it says it does."

What do you like best?

Updating ticket times is easy. Being able to look at the full calendar for myself and my coworkers is a HUGE plus allowing us to be able to work around each others schedules. Additionally, we have found it very beneficial to be able to calculate overtime, resource usage per technician and notes that the client doesn't see on the print outs we supply them with. Sometimes having in house notes on each client is absolutely necessary.

What do you dislike?

Doing anything mobile requires paid app. If there was a truncated version of the mobile app that allowed for simple addition of service calls, it would make this a LOT easier to use. That and the interstitial pop ups when updating tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No need for interstitial pop up windows when doing tasks/closing tickets. It's cumbersome. Also, would it be that hard to make a usable mobile interface that is limited but still functional for adding tickets on the fly? IF there was also a way to sync Autotask with a google, icloud or outlook calendar, it would be bar none, the only app that I use, but also one that I would recommend without hesitation. Notifications from my mail/calendar apps would be positvely amazing.

AutoTask allows me to complete my work tickets and track my overtime properly. It allows me to keep my schedule in order while in the field. The benefit to this is that I can input notes for each job.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

Autotask review by Rasha A.
Rasha A.

"The best ticketing tool"

What do you like best?

I like its concentration on ticketing and project management, I like the new UI, and I like that it is now shows the full ticket's content instead of loading on each scroll down, also I like that it always shows my tickets and tasks due in specific day or period, also it allows me control projects and assign tasks very easily, also it has a very rich API that we always use to integrate with our internal systems, also it helps me a lot by sending me a specific reports automatically in regular basis (Daily, weekly and monthly), also user defined fields helped me a lot to add specific fields related to our business.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it didn't refresh itself automatically as I should refresh my dashboard each time to make sure that there is no new tasks or tickets assigned to me.

Daily ticketing and project management

Autotask review by Sara N.
Sara N.

"The reliable ticketing tool ever"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see all my tasks and assigned tickets in one page, and it is very helpful that I can filter what is due in a specific period, also I like the dashboard which illustrates the status of ongoing projects, and my dashboard which illustrates my overall status, also I like the new performance while browsing tickets, also I like that integration between projects and related tickets and issues, as from any place I can reach the related ticket or project, also I like user defined fields which allow me to add specific fields related to our business and helps me create effective reports, also I like that I can notify all stakeholders with one click "Recall previous selection" for efficient communication, also I like that Autotask has APIs, so I can integrate it with all our internal systems for fast verification, also I like the project scheduling part, it is really very fast and efficient, also I like the search feature which allows you to search a work in a ticket's desc for example and more..

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I could identify the processor and successor of each task to identify the critical path from the network diagram

Maintenance, customization and key objective projects, and daily ticketing

Autotask review by Matthew A. L.
Matthew A. L.

"Pretty Good"

What do you like best?

We use Autotask Workplace as a shared place to keep documents and folders for our business. I like that it's accessible anywhere you have internet connection, it can not only auto-sync with a desktop integration but can also auto-backup certain folders that you want. When you open a document to change it, it can auto-lock the file so two people can't simultaneously edit it.

What do you dislike?

Updating the autotask workplace desktop integration was a big issue, where the integration was updated but the old files/folders didn't reconnect with the new version, so people either were using an out of date version or were getting errors that their files were not getting backed up. This persisted despite total deletions of old and new software and reinstallation; there were still some hidden folders somewhere that we couldn't find. It used to be Soonr, so that transition may have been the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up your folders in a systematic way, and set up your permissions correctly - it gets hard to change permissions.

Files accessible anywhere and automatically shared with other employees. If a file on a USB doesn't work for some reason, we know we can access it through Autotask.

Autotask review by Mahmoud E.
Mahmoud E.

"Very good project management application"

What do you like best?

Autotask is a very good application to manage projects, it allows me to create phases and under each phase I can create tasks and assign resources, put estimations and last put not least a start and a due date, I like also its performance and it is really robust, a great feature also the very professional dashboards in everything related to projects and tickets, the design of the tickets' contents also is very organized and easy to read very long communication in a ticket.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't attach files by drag and drop, also it sometimes hangs when submitting a note on a ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for sure to all companies need to control and manage projects.

We are using Autotask to receive client's problems, clients' new customization projects, also we are managing all our internal projects in Autotask.

Autotask review by Hesham G.
Hesham G.

"The perfect task App"

What do you like best?

I like in Autotask that it always evolve, it has a very productive dash boards, it helps me monitoring all projects, it helps me create project phases and tasks and analyze my team's performance regularly using the scheduled professional reports including user defined fields filtering, it helps me send a complete status reports to the upper management and take preventive and corrective actions in a timely manner, it helps me with its rich API to integrate it with some important Apps in my company Aria Systems Inc, also I always use it in my Android cell phone with its related App with no problems.

What do you dislike?

i don't like that I couldn't filter the ticket for only notes from a specific user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend Autotask to all those who need to control their projects and collect client's issues in a timely mananer

Daily ticketing, project management and planning

Autotask review by Phil M.
Phil M.

"A full featured MSP Remote Management and Monitoring Solution"

What do you like best?

Autotask Endpoint Management is a full featured Remote Management and Monitoring solution for MSPs. It is easy to use and has great reporting and easy to configure monitoring and tasks to keep servers and workstations up to date and in control.

What do you dislike?

The ONLY thing I don't like about this solution is the use of Splashtop as the remote control application. The previous solution we used worked with Teamviewer which was far superior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution but could use a better remote control solution (like Team Viewer)

As an MSP we use Autotask Endpoint management to keep tabs on all of the servers and workstations for all of our clients. We setup monitoring and alerts on all of their computers, use it to create tickets for our helpdesk and engineers, and manage windows updates and remote control of computers.

Autotask review by Roberto B.
Roberto B.

"Good software platform affected by many bugs and lack of support"

What do you like best?

Very good ticket UI and workflow, overall rating would be good if not affected by reliabilty. You can do anything within a browser, everyday tasks are easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

Infinite bugs, it seems they are not interested to fix. Surveys don't work, invoicing is failing if you produce more than 180 invoice at a time, Solarwinds and Quickbooks integrations don't work in other languages than US/UK, email frequently go in spam and you can't use your own server, everyone can do anything because security is not granular. The UI and the demo you get are perfect but than you get stuck when dealing to details that are part of daily job. After a year spent around a bug (T20160616.0042 random empty invoices) without result I have stopped to ask for bug fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to check what you are going to use everyday.

If you take care of tickets you should buy it, if you take care of invoices you will get headaches.

Everyday ticketing is working fine, probably one of the best of the market but the platform claims to be an all-in-one. It's very expensive if you don't consider features that are poor or bug affected like, CRM, invoincing and project management.

Autotask review by Hesham E.
Hesham E.

"Amazing scheduling App"

What do you like best?

Easy to schedule projects, easy to add phases, easy to add milestones (parent tasks), easy to add tasks.

I like the ability to check my history work through my time sheet, I like the ability to create custom reports.

I like the design of every piece in Autotask, it is created really by professionals.

I like the easy way to add technical notes on tickets, I like easy way to notify other stakeholders with the progress of a project or the status of a ticket, I like the new face-lift in the tickets page.

What do you dislike?

No features exist for scheduling crashing

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product to all companies maintaining clients' issues and schedule small or big projects

Scheduling clients projects and maintain clients' tickets

"One stop shop"

What do you like best?

Autotask is pretty much a onestop shop for an MSP. It brings the rich features of an ITIL frameworked ticketing system and combines it with CRM, Contract Management, CMDB, Inventory, Project Management, and quoting system. The API is pretty flexible which allows many integrations in to the system.

What do you dislike?

The built in reporting function is a bit cumbersome and on the light weight side of things you may want/need as a business. This is, however, offset by the option to have the data exported to a hosted SQL database where you can pull from tables that are not necessarily visible in either the built in reports, or the UI. The mobile app and client portals are also very dated, however going through major development at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before implementing Autotask I highly advise you to review your business processes across the board and look at how to implement these in Autotask. If you focus on one department rather than the business as a whole you won't be using the product to its fullest potential and you'll still be trying to integrate the product in to your processes 12 months later.

Before implementing Autotask we were using word documents to manage contracts and renewals. GFI to manage the service desk. An in-house piece of software to manage passwords. TeamViewer to manage remote access. All of which has now been brought in to one system.

Autotask review by Kathy B.
Kathy B.

"Multifunctional, all-encompassing customer management tool"

What do you like best?

I love the ticket tracking that is intuitive and Web-based.I love that it's easy to configure widgets on my dashboard to see overviews of upcoming release notes, tickets that need attention, and my history. Reporting is robust and configurable. Roles and permissions are configurable.

What do you dislike?

I wish Autotask had an option to customize my dashboard to display multiple tabs or links to the pages I use most: My Workspace & Queues; Dashboard (widgets); Ticket Search; Reports; Directory; Projects; My Current Timesheet; CRM; My Tasks & Tickets. I am required to keep open multiple tabs/pages in my browser instead, so that I can switch among those various screens for the functions I use. It's inconvenient and time-wasting, because the system doesn't remember my preferences when I log into Autotask every day. I must manually open each page in the Chrome tabs I keep open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend spending plenty of time practicing before going live. Once users have experience with entering new tickets, creating new projects and tasks, and setting up customers/contacts, it's easier to navigate the system and run reports with great efficiency. But practice is a MUST.

It's much easier (and faster) to track customer issues using Autotask; quick links allow our support staff to see a ticket's timeline, internal notes, customer notes, contact info, time entries, resources, and other details in an easy-to-navigate layout.

Autotask review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"We love Autotask - easy ticketing, great reporting on client activity, and integrates very well"

What do you like best?

The integration of Autotask with Outlook, QuickBooks, AEM (Autotask Endpoint Management) and more make the system very easy to use. Also, it's easy to keep an eye on all of our tickets in the call queue - when they expire, we are alerted so that we know to follow up. Time entries are really easy to use as well, so training for our staff is very quick. Contracts are also very easy to create and attach to the tickets appropriately. There's really no complaints that we have.

What do you dislike?

If I had to come up with something to dislike, which isn't easy, it would be about the reporting. Detailed reports are available and you can make your own, although it's not totally intuitive. Once you learn the reporting system it's doable, but it is a bit slow. I wish the LiveReports was a bit easier to navigate, although the power is all there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to go wrong with Autotask, especially if you have a couple hundred clients or more. It really makes things very easy once you learn the system. You'll be able to get a demo and an in-depth overview with one of the engineers before you buy. I highly recommend this service.

We've streamlined everything we offer by having it all integrate with Autotask. Tickets will be automatically generated for alerts that come from our other software. It creates a very easy dashboard and central location that everyone can look to for all of our various software and hardware alerts.

Autotask review by Mohammed B.
Mohammed B.

"Tasks and project scheduling tool"

What do you like best?

I like best its performance it is really fast when it displays very long tickets, I like my dashboard a lot it shows the status of all my projects with a very good charts, it helps me achieve my commitments as I knew when should I start a specific task and when should I finish, I like creating reports on Autotask, it provides almost everything I need to filter specific detailed data which supports my decisions.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I couldn't know who will approve my tasks or who will orient me, I suggest there should be a drop down list so the PMO can select who'll orient me and who will approve my tasks.

Schedule management, and customer's ticketing.

Autotask review by Abdo M.
Abdo M.

"Autotask "

What do you like best?

Like that I can find all what is required from me in my dashboard, like also the reporting (the best), as I can schedule specific reports to be sent to me in daily, weekly and monthly basis, it is reliable, fast and bugs free, I like the scheduling part, it is really very efficient, I can create phases and under each phase I can create milestones and then create tasks, I like also the mobile version for Autotask, so I can check all projects and tickets notifications in real time, I like also that I can integrate with the Autotask using its APIs

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't export the ticket details to excel

Daily ticketing and performance management reporting

Autotask review by Marc E.
Marc E.

"Comprehensive tool for ticket management"

What do you like best?

Autotask provides robust features and tools that have helped me manage my technical staff. It's smartphone app is pretty useful and provides the basic tools needed by my techs when they are in the field.

What do you dislike?

Two main dislikes: too many clicks to get where I need to go. Also the interface with Quickbooks is clunky and isn't reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autotask employs many of the industry best-practices for ticket management. It is a complicated application that will take time to learn, implement, and leverage. Understand your needs first and then apply to the capabilities of Autotask.

Technical staff assignment; time tracking; problem monitoring; case history; expense reporting; resource management (time off policy, etc.).

Autotask review by Spencer B.
Spencer B.

"Great marketing and sales, poor product, delivery and customer service"

What do you like best?

I didn't really like much about the PSA in the end. I supposed if I had to choose something it would be that the uptime was always pretty good.

What do you dislike?

Too complicated to get simple things done which actually made my life harder not easier. Since moving away my business is more efficient, more automated and I am also saving money when they release me from my contract!

On that note be careful, they like to tie you up in long contracts and there is also a rolling 12 month contract every year that I wasn't aware of. They aren't reasonable about it and don't even discuss helping you out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend not considering it unless you are a large company as I assume they will then throw recourse at you and make sure it works well for you.

The sales guys wrap you up in all the statistics and data you can pull off but ultimately inputting all the data on a day to day basis is time consuming and you don't need the majority of it. Any good ticketing software will give you the data you need.

Like I say it seemed to cause me more problems than it solved.

Autotask review by Mike C.
Mike C.

"Autotask for MSP"

What do you like best?

Autotask integrates with all of our Key Business Applications and allows the support team to carry out most if not all service level requirements within Autotask.

Clear and customisable Dashboard. Excellent reporting.

Time entry and Customer updates are easy to use and clear for our Customers.

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn't the greatest and looks quite bland. It's only a grumble to us as the support team and has no reflection on the product itself. The ticket surveys are also a little generic,

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time to fully customise it and tweak it to your organisation and requirements but it's capable and will meet all expectations for both you and your customers.

MSP Support Desk

Autotask review by Michaela G.
Michaela G.

"very robust product"

What do you like best?

Great for creating tickets and invoicing however it was hard for project tracking as our projects change frequently depending on the client. It was a bit expensive compared to other options. It also had so much that it was hard to train someone to use but once they used it for a while it was great.

What do you dislike?

The invoice was a bit clunky - however we made it work, it just took a while. The part was all work was easily able to be billable or non billable and nothing was forgotten.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Also check out Zoho and vTiger along with Freshbooks for invoicing. It's all about what works best for your team and you. A lot products you only use 10% so it's not worth paying 90% of something you aren't using.

Everything was in one place and we only had to have one platform for Invoicing, Ticketing and CRM. We are billing more which means more profit.

"Autotask revview"

What do you like best?

Ticketing software is fundamentally sound and the ability to import ticket information into quickbooks is great.

Client contract module is excellent since it has been redone.

What do you dislike?

Crm and Notes module is very flawed. WE use a different software for this purpose. Would be great to have everything be available in one place so dual entry is not needed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Datto just bought autotask and the feeling in the IT industry is that this will be good for us as partners with the new influx of capital and technology

Client ticket and billing. The ability to have our techs put tickets in the system when they complete a job makes it easy for us to bill the customer with the correct time for a job

Autotask review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Autotask has made it possible for me to change my business completely"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I have a process in which my client requests as well as monitoring alerts are dealt with. This is something that used to be cumbersome and stunted my growth. Now I can be sure that my clients are getting the service that I promised them.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike at this point as there is so much for me to implement and improve my business that i'm too busy to have any dislikes at this point

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a game changer

I have solved my help desk management issues as well have full record of tech time work. The major benefit is that I can now calculate my average hours per endpoint per month.

Autotask review by Diogo S.
Diogo S.

"ITIL orientaded. Very powerfull."

What do you like best?

I like the fact everything is ITIL orientaded and the fact it is very customisable.

What do you dislike?

Setting it up for the first time can be long. Takes time to understand how the workflows work, and templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a very scalable and customisable solution for the various department of your company, especially if you are an MSP this is definetely a solution to consider.

Keeping the customers updated is no longer an issue since Autotask sends emails through the system.

"Ticketing Software"

What do you like best?

Autotask is very easy to search for various clients. Also, the ability to put client specific information in each site is handy.

What do you dislike?

Autotask takes a little to get used to. Thankfully, autotask has training tutorials on how to use the product. Also, it would be better if you could keep client information in an encrypted section rather than in plaintext.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you dive into using autotask, watch all of the autotask training videos. The videos will help you navigate autotask and make it less of a headache to use at first. After that, autotask will become second nature and easy to use. Also, be sure that autotask offers all the features that you are looking for in a ticketing system before you purchase the software.

Autotask is our primary ticketing system. We use autotask to document any issues with clients or new projects with clients. It's wonderful for keeping track of incidents for various clients.

Autotask review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Deep product with many configurations and many limitations"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of power in all the different ways to setup the system for specific business needs. This includes administrative settings, levels of permissions for users, and the dashboard widgets. The widgets and customizable dashboards are definitely key to getting information you need quickly.

What do you dislike?

There are some quirks and some limitations, in particular with invoice formatting. On the surface it looks like an anything goes HTML template, but the meat of the template is fairly limited in the types of output it can generate. Also, it is difficult to get a full picture of all activity in progress and to manage resource allocation of pending work. There is definitely a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I were doing the evaluation over again, I would spend more time working on invoice formats and the QuickBooks integration. It has an integration, but there are some quirks with how data is transferred and how invoices can be formatted.

Bringing together separate systems for CRM, invoicing, time tracking, and paid time off management. It has been a blessing for paid time off, and the CRM is good. Invoicing has been bumpy, but overall it has saved us time to process from the way we did it before.

Autotask review by Kai K.
Kai K.

"Efficient help-desk and time-tracking tool"

What do you like best?

As supporter in help desk, administrator of multiple machines, and developer of custom solution, the most convenient feature of auto task is its always running stop clock timer: from opening a ticket until finishing documentation of your work done time is recorded. The work queue is very helpful, it enables you to take tickets that you are working on, seamlessly to your mobile phone to record time on-site, including the ability to digitally sign your time by the customer on your mobile screen.

What do you dislike?

One of the greatest feature of Autotask is by the same time it's weakest point: The mobile app is slow and difficult to use. I hope this improves. This is probably due to the fact it is a web app, not a native app. And it tries to mimic iOS controls even on Android which is confusing and most time hard to use because this "mimic" just works wrong.

The search functions within Autotask also could use a lot of improvement. There is no fulltext search (including no fuzzy matching) and Autotask forces the user to switch between mouse and keyboard too often: Ex. the search drop down could use an up-/down-arrow keyboard shortcut to switch the item you are going to search for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If one of your main problems is your employees not doing proper time recording (just because they cannot or it is difficult to use and not streamlined), I'd recommend to evaluate Autotask.

We solved our time recording problems we had before: With Autotask we can do gap-less time recording, which improves invoicing and documentation.

Autotask review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"Hidden Cards!"

What do you like best?

Its a waste of time to try to think of something I like best.

What do you dislike?

The flow of the system just doesn't feel right. You have to go through so many windows to get to where you want to be. The search is HORRIBLE. Billing is always a pain and your nickle and dimed to death.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sadly I'm struggling to find a good software to handle managing contracts. We really want mobility but it seems most PSA's ignore mobility.

none, really. Sadly there arent many options in this space.

Autotask review by Mahmoud M.
Mahmoud M.

"Autotask Review"

What do you like best?

Like the centralization of my tasks and assigned tickets, like the projects analysis dash board, like the performance specially while browsing large tickets, like the professional scheduling part while planning projects, like the smart notification while adding notes on tickets or projects, like the reports design, like using user defined fields to set specific information related to our needs.

What do you dislike?

couldn't identify dependencies between tasks and phases

Ticketing and project management

Autotask review by User

"Autotask improve my organization and workflow"

What do you like best?

Is an intuitive tool that improves the location and organization of the work we do in the company. Allows monitoring, control of time and document handling. Your version of tickets save many complications among other departments of the organization.Its like a Swiss knife for a company

What do you dislike?

The user interface has some details. Some screens have much information on them, which makes the view tedious after a while. Maybe improve the look and feel of them. And use something like material design or materialize help more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to manage in a broad way your organization projects, track, manage documents, etc. I recommend the use of Autotask. The support is excellent, it helps improve work great shape. We used it for 2 years and was and excellent experience.

Improve the organization of projects, controlling completion times, budgets, document management and allocation and monitoring tasks. Previously we were using office applications to control projects, but it was archaic.

Autotask review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great experience with Autotask "

What do you like best?

Very straight forward and simple for invoicing and creating time sheets. I only use it for these purposes and find g2 the most self explanatory compared to other sites. I like that all of my information is saved on the site, so I don't have to always pull up information from my personal files.

What do you dislike?

I dislike trying to use the site on my phone, tablet, or while using Google chrome on my computer. It's slow when trying to click on a new task, go back, upload/download and the page display is not right. It seems like part of my work isn't there some times so I always have to use internet explorer which I do not prefer... Google chrome should be the default browser supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Autotask for more simple tasks like time sheets... It's the most straight forward but difficult for other tasks

Using this site for my moms hair salon just for invoicing clients who purchase retail products or large parties of people who come in for an event such as a wedding. I also use for time sheets for employees.

Autotask review by Bart H.
Bart H.

"Review Autotask PSA"

What do you like best?

After setting-up (does need good thinking!) AT reduces a lot of the daily workload in both process and insights

What do you dislike?

There is always something to wish for, but AT listens to feature requests

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autotask save a lot of time and takes away the hassle of 'remembering things'.

As a MSP AT is used in our daily process (handling tickets, CRM related items, invoicing, etc.)

Autotask review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Easy to Navigate with A wide variety of Features"

What do you like best?

I like the new UI that allows for widgets, makes it very east to report on performance and statistics, Also the workflows are exceptionally good and easy to configure. All staff can go in and customize reports and widgets to get the required information for there specific job role, And with the the ability to create your own dashboards this gives departments standardised workspaces for what they need and the ability to go in and create there own dashboard and customize it how works for them.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that stands out to me as a dislike, any concerns where address in the most recent update to the new UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A Great Product and Definitely the Best on the Market comes at a competitive price for the functions offered and the Ease of use makes daily tasks a lot easier. The Workflows and Process Management functions add some major benefits in terms of reducing staff workload and are very easy to configure and implement.

As a Managed Service Provider this platform bring together a wide variety of tools that are of use and makes if very usable to all departments within the business. The amount of time this product saves our Customers and Staff is paramount and allows for more focus else where with the amount of automation this product offers through the user of workflows and integration in to other third party vendor products.

Autotask review by Richard F.
Richard F.

"Save time, know what your staff and customers are up to. Make money......."

What do you like best?

What do you look for in a PSA system Process, Dashboards, Widgets, integration, billing, contracts. Well Autotask has this in bundles. Its easy to setup, intuitive, customisable but not to the detriment of the product. it does the work for you so you can spend more time servicing your customers.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to say here, approving and posting time entries is probably the most time consuming bit, but they are developing this so it may not be an issue very soon

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the data warehouse the additional functionality it gives you for reporting is worth its weight in gold.

We needed a system that allowed up to follow ITIL, bill our customers , produce slick reports, integrate with N-able, exchequer and Quoteworks and improve the efficiencies. Autotask delivers this, it allows us to identify low margin contracts, report on pretty much anything which our customer loves and keep track of all our renewals and contracts

Autotask review by Arnold P.
Arnold P.

"Ease of use but lack of further Categorization"

What do you like best?

On login, you can see all the pertinent information that you would need from a day to day and week to week perspective. I can login to any computer, look up my tickets, then continue working even without having to move from the computer being worked on.

Pros:

1. Only requires an active internet connection and can be accessed anywhere, anytime.

2. Hours, Locations, and active tickets are all on the home page or a few clicks away.

3. Assigning time to each individual item is easy and intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

Reviewing of older tickets pertinent to a location needs further categorizations and filter options. The lack of a search inside a client location to find history on a certain topic is difficult without having had the ticket properly assigned all the correct values.

Cons:

1. There is a lack of search feature when inside filtered categories. If I were to look up the number of tickets that relate to a certain printer, I would have to manually go through all the closed tickets if the tickets were created without tagging the machine. The search could improve on this by having a search through title/description/notes.

2. The create new tabs capability is not intuitive at all. There are no tool tips to describe what each of the options actually do and the only way to learn them is to either have someone who knows teach you or by trial and error.

3. Under Account tickets, it would be great if there was a text box search feature that would sort through and populate the list of tickets that had the search value. This is in addition to the ticket statuses of New, In Progress, Complete, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Further search features and filters

I work in IT as a field engineer System Administrator. The biggest benefit is its compatibility with just a browser so that I can jump onto any machine and work my tickets there.

Autotask review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Robust and well thought out"

What do you like best?

Feature rich. It is a great product. I'm quite happy with it.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of training resources available but all the web training these days isn't the best fit for me. I do best with sequential training starting at square one with me working in my system and not watching someone else. There are so many features and a starting point with step by step instructions would be great. They may have it but I'm unaware of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan out your training so you can get the most out of it.

Service requests, quoting, invoicing. and CRM.

Autotask review by Steven N.
Steven N.

"Great PSA tool for your business!"

What do you like best?

Autotask's PSA tool provides great functionality in a tool you can trust. Easy to configure and track the necessary information for your business operations.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas that are limited in customization since it's a SaaS product.

It provides a complete all around tool to track our business processes; from ticketing, to time management, to invoicing, it does it all.

Autotask review by Maverick P.
Maverick P.

"Fast Simple reliable"

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use as an end user, wide variety of widgets for monitoring status of tickets and SLAs

What do you dislike?

When creating a new ticket you only get a ticket number once the ticket has been created, some other solutions like service now give you a number once you open a ticket composition window,.

Supporting multiple customers and tracking time, this is also used for tracking progress off customer tickets and some CRM based tasks

Autotask review by Cary S.
Cary S.

"High pressure sales and no support after you sign the contract"

What do you like best?

Feature set is great. If it worked it would be perfect.

What do you dislike?

Non existent support. Site has been down several times when I've needed it forcing me to keep paying GoTo as a backup. Agents keep failing to deploy with no meaningful errors to resolve. Now, a year in, they're raising the price while I'm still under contract. John Blum told me "we don't care if you can use it... all we care is that you signed the contract." They're proving that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research before you succumb to the high pressure sales. There is no support and the product is not always available.

Looking for a more full featured replacement for GoToAssist. This isn't it.

Huge mistake.

Autotask review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Amazing product, bad management"

What do you like best?

We’re on our first month with Autotask and I’m very impressed, it will greatly improve the way that we dispatch service calls and more. We know three businesses that use it and it’s great.

What do you dislike?

Implementation is an issue and has taken a long time. Two customer service reps referred us to Steve Curran, Manager of Implementation and he’s not returned any calls or emails. We wish to spend more money to speed the implementation along and Steve Curran, the very person who is in charge of implementation cannot manage this task. Great company other than Steve Curran.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously ask how implementation will be handled

Dispatch and multiple customer categories and national service contracts.

Autotask review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"Easy Integration from Invoicing to Dispatching"

What do you like best?

This product is great for companies who have the need for Quick Books and QuoteWerks to be integrated into a service call software. It also is it's own CRM solution.

What do you dislike?

Price is a little higher than others for the same features.

We are using Autotask for CRM and dispatch for our technicians for repair/installation jobs. The dispatch calendar makes the assignment of resources quite easy; having drag and drop features already built in.

Autotask review by Matt R.
Matt R.

"Autotask - an internal revelation"

What do you like best?

The new widgets. I can now get an insight into each area of my business on one screen. If I want to drill down for more detail... yup, just one more click.

What do you dislike?

It does have a tendency to create a lot of browser windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time with implementation. Carefully think through your processes and follows Autotask's best practices.

I can see all my core business information from one application.

Being able to set workflow rules and automated notifications means that I don't, yet, need to employ an admin person. It's almost like Autotask is my first employee!

Autotask review by Zach C.
Zach C.

"Autotask is great, support could be improved. "

What do you like best?

Autotask is great as a service desk, it provides very powerful dashboards and highly customizable widgets to display any metrics you could think of. It's very easy to use. It allows you to add your own custom fields to track anything you would like but for most people the built in fields are more than enough!

What do you dislike?

Since Autotask is an online hosted web application sometimes it is slow to load. Even though we were one of their largest customers when submitting cases for help they would take weeks to get back to us and the responses were less than helpful.

Allows us to effectively track client help tickets. Allows us to have very deep reporting and dashboards. Very easy employee time tracking.

Autotask review by User in Computer Software

"My autotask experience "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to look at what's due over the next week or the next month. If I have a lot going on I only want to see the next week's task as to not overwhelm myself. I also love the feature of setting up my to-dos for each account.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is so much room for error when creating a widget. Sometimes my tasks show up in one widget but not another. This is probably user error, but I do get overwhelmed with all of the different controls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a definite learning curve but gets much easier to navigate.

Keeping analysts on task. I like that we can see when we're in the red on a certain project. Also improves customer service by reminding us to follow up with customers.

Autotask review by Shannan H.
Shannan H.

"Easy time and billing management for MSPs"

What do you like best?

When it comes to running a standard MSP business, time waits for no man or woman. Autotask simplifies your billing and time management and integrates with many great products like AVG's CloudCare.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is very functional but takes a bit of time to get comfortable with. Just bear in mind that the reporting is a tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the 2 day Fast Track program. You will learn so much. Also, a local users group is good support. Don't look at the other members as competitors. They will help you in so many ways.

Keeping up with the time spent on an account can be arderous at best. AutoTask really helps. Integration with CRM, billing programs, and incredible customer support really brings the benefits of AutoTask home.

Autotask review by Shaun J.
Shaun J.

"Excellent ticket monitoring system."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and integration with other MSP platforms such as Techsuite.

What do you dislike?

The built in knowledge-base is difficult to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using ITglue alongside autotask for an optimal IT support combination.

The greatest benefit is being able narrow down the largest cause of IT related issue within our client's organisations.

Autotask review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Worst piece of software I have had the misfortune of using"

What do you like best?

There's not a lot to like about Autotask. It is possible to do work with it, I guess that's a positive?

What do you dislike?

Where do I start?

* Cross browser support is abysmal, things are often misaligned in Chrome and Safari

* No mobile website support at all. There is a terrible app that you have to pay extra to use.

* Sloooow. Things often take several seconds to update.

* Badly designed. There are two completely separate ways to track time depending on if you are working on a project or a support ticket. Everything is more difficult and slow than it needs to be. The whole thing feels like it was designed by somebody who never had to use it for timetracking.

* Somewhat frequent downtime. Once every few months we would get some downtime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your users trial it, not just your project managers. You might be surprised at the feedback you get.

Tracking time and invoicing clients. This works, but is far more painful than it should be.

Autotask review by Jorge V.
Jorge V.

"Useful tool"

What do you like best?

It's really useful if you don't want to use or don't have access to cloud tools.

What do you dislike?

Problems when files have the same names.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that is not as effective as a cloud solution but it does the job.

Collaborative work with local files.

Autotask review by Ann M.
Ann M.

"Very productive project management tool"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly, I like the new face-lift, it is really amazing displaying the pic of the one wrote the note instead of the first character

What do you dislike?

The implementation took ;l,;l,;l, ;l,;l ,;l,

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend Autotask as a project management tool

Scheduling software projects

Autotask review by Jason R.
Jason R.

"Novice account manager benefiting from platform"

What do you like best?

As someone whose career has focused primarily on marketing communications, I have never had much use for something like Autotask. But when a company I do consulting for asked me to take on account management responsibilities, and gave me access to Autotask, it was a lifesaver.

From my novice standpoint, Autotask has three main components: CRM, task and time tracker, and an invoicing platform (as the time tracker builds invoices).

In my account management role, Autotask helps me track new leads, the qualifying process, and input contract terms once closed. In that realm, I love the ability to input all the useful info related to a lead/contact. And of course anyone (read: the president) needs to see what's going on, he can see all of that info in one convenient spot.

We have a team call every Tuesday, and I rely heavily on Autotask to help me provide pertinent updates.

I also need insights, from time to time, into customer invoices, and those are very easily accessed in Autotask. And, our consultants (SQL consultants) use Autotask to track their time against the contracts.

And, Autotask has prepared numerous very useful and instructive "how to" videos that, especially for a novice like me, are very useful.

What do you dislike?

Every time you click on something, it opens a new pop-up window. I suppose that helps you not lose your place, but it can clutter up your screen rather quickly. I ought to look if there's a setting I can change to avoid that problem. Also, when looking up names or company accounts, the search function is a bit picky. Thankfully, there's an easy way to show all accounts at once, and since we don't have too many, that's easy enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find the Autotask videos on YouTube and see for yourself if platform could be right for you.

Our consultants enter their time and track tickets and tasks. That helps us ensure we are solving the customers needs.

We track leads and opportunities, helping us ensure no one falls through the cracks (we hope)

There is a knowledge base area where we can keep useful info that anyone can access.

Autotask review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

How customizable the platform is. You are able to edit any of your dashboard with widgets that can pull data from

Vietually anywhere on your account!

What do you dislike?

How hard it is to navigate sometimes. Pages often get way to cluttered with data and there are so many different ways you that you can accomplish one task. So its hard to unify a specific way to do something like create projects properly or enter time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

Hardware and software errors.

Very easy to keep track of issues from clienta and support them.

Autotask review by Philip M.
Philip M.

"Too many clicks, too many windows! "

What do you like best?

Lots of management capabilities for MSPs and others in the IT industry. They have a lot of functionality and fields available.

What do you dislike?

Custom fields are hard to manage because you can't place them any and everywhere.

Reports are hard to build in report designer because it's hard to tell where to start the report and how to save it and publish it so others can use them.

Every time you click to drill into a field or concept, such as "Address" for an Account, a new window pops open. I frequently wind up with 10+ windows and sub-windows open on my machine and get lost as to where I am and what I was doing.

Support is slower than I would like and there is no chat function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really look hard at ConnectWise first.

Time entry, project management and service ticket management all in one. It's nice to have that, but the navigation and UI tend to mute that benefit due to lost time looking for windows, etc.

Autotask review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Great For Small Businesses."

What do you like best?

As a business professional I need software that can always have updated and very detailed reports. Opening up your own business without much help from professionals in those fields, you need to be able to have a functioning business that is easy to learn and teach. I have all projects for different clients, along with detailed tasks for each employee which i can easily send through multiple channels when needed.

What do you dislike?

Some of the items needed to enter are not that simple. Sometimes i need to re enter items more than once, even some become incomplete. At least i Print screen for back up but still needs some work.I actually need to categorize many things by title other wise I cannot locate some things. It takes up a significant amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are small company or business this is good for you.

That is is compatible for different operating systems. At work I have a mac, then home i have a windows.

Autotask review by Casey B.
Casey B.

"M Reveiw"

What do you like best?

How easily it is to use, specially if you are coming from another ticketing system.

What do you dislike?

You can not do multiply time entries in one ticket.

Well the problems that it solves for the company I work for is billing and tracking work.

Autotask review by Mohammed Saif R.
Mohammed Saif R.

"Autotask"

What do you like best?

it is web based and accessible from any web browser or web based device such as mobile phone and tablet. Another reason to like is its ease of use and the clean interface.

What do you dislike?

The Ticket interface is not good.. It takes several windows to enter a note. The note will not sent to the user unless CC yourself. It is no way to track inside of autotask for the update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great support system

Data center and IT service provider. Ticketing software system

Autotask review by Jordan G.
Jordan G.

"like it, but don't love it"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to keep track of things, the dashboard is also pretty useful

What do you dislike?

I feel like the platform can get complicated, and it's definitely not straightfoward for new users

HR and hours tracking. I do find it's a big help with productivity (once you get the hang of it)

Autotask review by Matthew D.
Matthew D.

"Autotask for PSA"

What do you like best?

The functionality that Autotask brings to business makes day-to-day business tasks, planning and communication simple.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of admin required to get all of the data in the different sections of the platform into usable information, which takes lots of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to build some decent templates for common communications as this will simplify using this product greatly

Centralised time management, project planning, opportunity and sales order management, etc.

Autotask review by James N.
James N.

"Great PSA for IT Buessiness"

What do you like best?

AutoTask is a highly customizable system that offers many features and functions for IT Business. We currently use it to track Tickets for multiple clients, Resale/Procurement, and with their new acquisition of CentraStage, we've move to their Remote Monitoring Platform as well.

What do you dislike?

The search function in AutoTask could be better. When searching for a specific client you have to start with their name, you can't search the middle parts of the name you remember.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't really go wrong with AutoTask. Their support is great.

With AutoTask, we have increased our company's revenue streams greatly due to AutoTask's time tracking so that we can bill our clients accordingly.

Autotask review by User

"Very robust and implementation is key "

What do you like best?

The real-time dashboard makes it easy to see different pieces of information in clear, concise way

What do you dislike?

Too many features that I don't need to use that are bundled in and can be confusing at first. It comes with a CRM but it is not the best.Too many pop up windows

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay for the better implantation package. The software is fantastic and will work well with any other MSP software thanks to their open API, but if you do not set it up right at first, you will not have a great experience.

Helps internal IT teams manage tech, bill for time work, schedule your day and keep track of projects/SLA agreements.

Autotask review by Gary B.
Gary B.

"Good features, limited implementation"

What do you like best?

It is very feature rich, the cloud based interface is very smooth and it's very user intuitive - very little training was needed for us to use in a very strong implementation.

What do you dislike?

With the cloud infrastructure there's not many integration options without their help, to use this software you really need to have this for a single job. It doesn't handle multitasking well

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good piece of software, but care should be taken that this won't implement with other software. It's very awkward to integrate.

We were changing our MIS from SysAid to AutoTask, it was much sleeker, and was the solution we adopted from thereon out.

Autotask review by James P.
James P.

"AutoTask"

What do you like best?

The ability to track time against tasks and tickets is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometime difficult to find particular information you're looking for at the time.

Tracking time against tasks, tickets and contracts. Profitability

Autotask review by Brent F.
Brent F.

"Autotask PSA"

What do you like best?

This is a very comprehensive product. Like any other business accounting software the setup will determine the quality of output from the program.

What do you dislike?

That I have to spend the time to learn the functions and features of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to realize that this is something that will require commitment from the user to get the most from the product.

Able to capture lost revenue from jobs that were never recorded.

Autotask review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great for workflows"

What do you like best?

With this product, the ticketing system works wonderfully for my day to day tasks outside of work (side business). It enables you to manage your contracts, create invoices, gives service deliveries and also helps with sales and marketing.

The automatic work flows on this really helps me and my business too, which is most welcome when you're trying to do a million things at once!!! Maybe I've become too reliant on this now for my business.

What do you dislike?

It's aimed for a very niche market, that is to say, if you don't know much about IT software, you might struggle a bit. Luckily if you can work your way around the awkward reporting aspects of this, then you should be ok. However, I have found at first for it to be a bit complicated, so it might put people off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a robust and reliable service that will help you prioritise tasks and account for just about everything then this is definitely for you... It's cheap too!

Organising bills to clients, more than anything. I make sure everything is accounted for and create in depth reports for absolutely everything, so there's no room for error, as it would effect my company. It also helps when a client flags up a request by email, as the ticket ques allow for good timing and prioritisation.

Autotask review by Hesham Gomaa Elmasry I.
Hesham Gomaa Elmasry I.

"Great project management tool"

What do you like best?

Autotask scheduled business reports and dashboard

What do you dislike?

No visual interface for project tasks like network diagram or gant chart

The day to day project management tool in our company

"Help Desk Handled"

What do you like best?

The clean, great looking dashboards make it easy to see what tickets and jobs you have available.

Once you get the hang of the system, it becomes so intuitive you feel like the information is just there.

What do you dislike?

Creation. Creating companies in the CRM. Creating tickets.

Billing. It's fast, easy and simple, if the port to Quickbooks is working.

The mobile app has problems at times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at how many users you will have. Assign the users roles appropriate for what they bring to the company.

help desk ticketing and problem resolution

tickets get completed faster

billing gets done sooner

Autotask review by Garry A.
Garry A.

"It's the lifeblood of our company"

What do you like best?

Autotask centralizes our ticketing, billing, and inventory.

What do you dislike?

Autotask's support is typically very slow to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time with your implementation and make sure you get it right for your organization the first time. It is much easier to set up right, than to go back and reconfigure later.

Autotask runs our business. The list here is too long to enumerate. It does everything for us.

Autotask review by Lauren B.
Lauren B.

"Autotask For Work"

What do you like best?

Desktop application is rather simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to sync. Does not alert you to let you know if someone else is in the file. Web interface is not that intuitive.

Allows all employees to store files in one location.

"Top notch CRM"

What do you like best?

I love how clean and easy Autotask is. We use the CRM just for ticketing and basic note and sales progress. The project management tool seems great although we don't use it as much as we should.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that there are many integrations that we didn't realize AT was compatible with that we wish we had known sooner.

Ticketing and major loose ends that we would not have otherwise caught until the customer let us know. Since we also use AT RMM we have a much better turn around time.

Autotask review by Brianne A.
Brianne A.

"Daily User"

What do you like best?

You can easily switch between project, contract, account, and opportunity by clicking hyperlink embedded in the summary page of each screen. Real ease of searching based on contract/account/project name. Reports are straight forward and easy to run.

What do you dislike?

The time reporting doesn't separate billable and unbillable time

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great for managing projects but has a way to go with time tracking.

Ability to manage projects on a contract and project level.

Autotask review by Russ T.
Russ T.

"Full featured PSA & CRM Tool"

What do you like best?

The user interface is fairly straightforward and they regularly make updates and improvements. Support is also great.

What do you dislike?

It’s not as customizable as we might like at times

It helps us keep track of problems at work so we can analyze if there are any trends. We also use it as our CRM tool for sales and forecasting.

Autotask review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good solution for Ticketing/Projects/Quoting and Scheduling / Mobile Lacking"

What do you like best?

The ticket system is pretty effective, and quoting and projects are efficient, not very flashy, but functional.

What do you dislike?

Inventory Module is extra cost, and Mobile app is terribly useless, and also requires more money, which on top of what you pay for Autotask to start with just doesn't justify the value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware that all the modules that you wish were in the product are probably third-party and goign to cost you an extra license, such as Invetory, Mobile Apps and QuoteWerks.

Time tracking, and audit trails are a major feature this service helps us keep within thresholds. The ability to review issues is imperative for service and scheduling properly.

"A solid product "

What do you like best?

Autotask allows users to create great dashboards that really help keep to keep one on task. It's easy to update tickets and information related to opportunities with an email. Honestly there are so many good things about this product. If you're running any kind of technical business and you have people in the field needing to enter hours for billing, it's great.

What do you dislike?

It's not really a strong CRM tool for sales people and because there is a need to track a lot of info, it can make the interface feel rather inelegant. Would be great if it had some basic project management tools included as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with Autotask internal assistance to get the right set up from the beginning. Bring groups of users in one group at a time. Make sure there is an appropriate plan in place for your transition. Helps to have an Autotask expert on staff.

My company needed a tool that could track sales and track them back to hours spent working for that client. The application has become all things to all people.

Autotask review by Steven L.
Steven L.

"This software is herendous and the company is horrible"

What do you like best?

I am moving off to ConnectWise. The system is so bad, I am paying to have two systems at once just to escape them.

What do you dislike?

Everything. Their service is horrible, the software is horrible. This stuff is so bad, I am paying for two systems just to get off of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it

None. Moving to a different product.

Autotask review by Jelani T.
Jelani T.

"My experience with autotask has been amazing"

What do you like best?

Autotask is great for managing, centralizing data and document organization in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I'd like if it was a bit cheaper so it could be more accessible for collaboration.

Solving the disorganization of the business. Benefits include organization and easy access to files

Autotask review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Nice and simple to use"

What do you like best?

The user i terface is very fluently designed in such a way where everything is very self explanatory and the room for user error is very minimal

What do you dislike?

It can be pretty easy to accidentally leave "send email to customer" checkbox open while doing the resolution note, which is meant to be internal and private information can be sent if one is not careful

Autotask makes it easy for support helpdesk staff to multitask and set priorities in a very easy to use fashion

Autotask review by G Jayendra K.
G Jayendra K.

"the product is good and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The product is worth a try and gives a lot of confidence for startup to use it

What do you dislike?

The pricing should be little considered and more customizations needed

Get the crowd sourcing. Ease of use for using complex features easily

"So far so good!!"

What do you like best?

The on-boarding process is smooth and transition team is very knowledgeable

What do you dislike?

Forums are sometimes hard to navigate. Support is not always immediately available and bug fixes take time before they are deployed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research

Faster and more streamline invoicing. Better ticketing

Autotask review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Moving madness went GREAT!"

What do you like best?

I really liked the simplicity of the product, its almost like an employee you have hired that does these based decisions that someone you even yourself would not have thought of. It really made an impact on how my cash income and profits can be expanded into something beautiful, it really changed a lot and i definitely recommend to anyone needing guidance in today's world competitions.

What do you dislike?

I really like the aspect that it almost thinks on its own, but it really worries me at times because it isnt a human brain, i am afraid that maybe at some points it could recommend something, then easily hurt me in the long run if not done right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone that is using Autotask should definitely look into sometimes wanting to make your own decisions and think and not let this program do the thinking. It isn't made to fully take over and do everything for you, but to guide you on things you already know or want to know.

I am solving what and how my business needs to be to make maximum profit, and this tool helped me realized if i move some things here and here, and cut back on some items, my margin of profit dramatically increases, i am very very pleased with the things i have learned.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

Ability to set up recurring contracts since this is the majority of our business. Ease of adjusting contracts as user counts change.

What do you dislike?

Inability to make certain changes to contracts like the start date of the contract.

We provide managed services to clients, helping to address concerns proactively as well as providing hardware and software solutions. AutoTask is helpful for setting up both fixed price and recurring service contracts.

Autotask review by Kimberly W.
Kimberly W.

"Autotask is a great comprehensive product with just a few shortcomings."

What do you like best?

I definitely like the ease of ticketing and automating workflows the best in terms of day to day activity. However, it's dependability is definitely best in terms of us relying on it for a critical part of our business!

What do you dislike?

The reporting has always been one of the components that I've struggled with most. Many times I want a report and the fields are just not options. Now, since the shift to live reports module, I feel like I waste more time trying to build a report than I would just combing thru the tickets to find what I need.

Organization and accountability. Autotask makes sure our technicians are accountable for their required billing which is a crucial part to us staying profitable.

"Great software for MSP"

What do you like best?

The speed and web UI is amazing and intuitive. Lot's of 3rd party integration.

What do you dislike?

Support is hit or miss. Missing some features that competitors have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try. Would explore if it meets your needs.

Ticket and CRM

Autotask review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Auto Task for Business and Small Business"

What do you like best?

Auto Task is great For Large File Sharing if you have a lot of Paperwork that needs to be stored. Great for Storing Files in the Cloud. the Program is Very Nice to have for any Business Trying to Stay Organiz and Better.

What do you dislike?

sometime the Program Gets Slow when too much is being downloaded. I like the Service Very Much!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Best Services for and Corporations and Small Business Owners!!!

Better File Sharing and Cloud Storage for large PaperWork

Autotask review by Derek H.
Derek H.

"Autotask - An application that doesn't always scale to expectations."

What do you like best?

Autotask's good points are mainly found in its ticketing system. Using "Speed Codes" (user created pre-populated templates), tickets can be filled out with speed and relative ease. The system also is also reasonably accommodating to customization in the through the addition of "User Defined Fields", which can be added to the ticket creation form as desired. User Defined Fields can also be added to Projects and Project Tasks, but are unfortunately absent from the tool's Resource records. The ticketing workflow system is fairly flexible for routing purposes, but could be improved by allowing workflows to trigger off UDF values, as well as the built in fields. Outside ticketing, the Autotask Data Warehouse (available at additional cost) allows for more robust reporting than the LiveReports tool provided with the application and will meet most reporting needs.

What do you dislike?

My number one complaint would be performance. Having used Autotask on supported versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox, I find that it suffers greatly whenever moderate to large quantities of data are queried. Any Project Schedule of size will cause the Project module to slow to a crawl - to the point of failure when run in Explorer. The built in reports, both canned and using LiveReports, are unable to handle the large number of tickets we put through the system unless queried in small batches. This makes reporting outside the tool a must, and limits the users that can access metrics data (outside the small views Autotask provides on some of its dashboards) to those with database knowledge. The database itself gives access to nearly all the data one could need – however it omits some fields seemingly at random. The database’s construction is inconsistent, with ID fields following different naming conventions between tables, and it requires quite a bit of study to deliver content out of it quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autotask would seem to be a good fit for small businesses and independant IT shops. I would suggest that any larger companies considering it should look closely at the load they expect to put through the system. If the expected load is high, or if projects are tracked in a very complex manner, a more robust solution might be in order.

We use Autotask to track employee time distribution and for incident ticketing.

This review is based off my personal experiences and opinions, and in no way reflects the opinions or intentions of my employer.

Autotask review by Nazar D.
Nazar D.

"Very good software solution for IT business"

What do you like best?

Management tasks

user Management

time management

project management

management and analysis of time spent

multitasking

hierarchy and Design

What do you dislike?

The absence of some language

At first it was somewhat difficult to learn - need instruction

It is very difficult to find detailed program before buying

Recommendations to others considering the product

I advise you to try

Very convenient to manage business processes in IT

You will definitely not regret it.

IT Support Company

Design Agency

Autotask review by Travis A.
Travis A.

"Autotask provided the systems we needed to handle moving our business from break-fix to an MSP."

What do you like best?

Autotask provides a full-suite business management platform for IT service providers. They handle the entire customer life-cycle, including sales and marketing, service delivery, contract management, and invoice creation.

The Autotask API is fantastic, full featured, and provides lots of access to the product.

What do you dislike?

The software is a powerful niche tool. It has some nuances that take some time to figure out and master. Like any niche product, it can be complicated and convoluted.

There is much room for improvement in the mobile app, and the product feels like it's a few years old. It is due a facelift to bring it up to the design aesthetics of today. That doesn't affect its usability, of course, but it is ready for a facelift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Autotask. If you have never implemented Autotask before, it may be well worth your while to work with an experienced consultant to help you implement the product. Autotask can refer you to someone. I have implemented and worked with hundreds of Autotask users worldwide, and am available at www.pumpuptheauto.com.

As a managed services provider, we charge customers a flat-rate for service each month. Many of customers get unlimited time from us for the same flat fee. In order to assure that we are charging fairly (for them and for us), Autotask helps us track our time, put a dollar amount on the hours we spend, and know, for certain, which of our customer relationships are profitable and which are not.

Autotask review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"IT's ok"

What do you like best?

There are allot of features but it's not easy to find training on them or best practice

What do you dislike?

It runs slow and the company is hard to get training from.

running a managed service company

"Worst customer support"

What do you like best?

The fact that it has modules that address most of the functions of a MSP.

What do you dislike?

Impossibly long wait lines in Chat and Phone support. All modules are non-intuitive, open so many windows - hard to keep track of; prompt customer support non-existent; hard to find solutions to problems in their videos or tutorials which address generic questions. A program like SalesForce for its intuitiveness and support would be like from a different planet for them.

Unfortunately cant do without this SW for an MSP.

Autotask review by Rafael G.
Rafael G.

"IT is now more accessible"

What do you like best?

I like the real time metrics that are available for viewing.

What do you dislike?

I would say that there needs to be more security implementation added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider this platform plus other competitors to help determine which one will best suit the situation.

The solve many problems of keeping information regarding customer issues in a centralized location.

Autotask review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Autotask Gets the job done but could be streamlined"

What do you like best?

IT allows our engineering staff to do things their own way, but we cant have a standard because to many different ways to do it

What do you dislike?

Autotask is very cumbersome. To many different ways to do the same thing

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use this just to track our labor time, and use the API to bill thru our accounting program. It is limited to what customization can be done

Billing our labor for our managed services

Autotask review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I have been using AT for 4 years and haven't felt compelled to switch away"

What do you like best?

Being able to run our entire service desk and work flow through one program, it stores all of our contacts and account details with tickets and work flow. Easy to do timesheets based off of projects and tickets. I also like the integrations and the email parser to keep track of requests via email. My account manager is awesome. The fact that it is cloud based, allows for constant upgrades. I appreciate the timely and consistent upgrades to the program. I also love the annual conference, we have a lot of fun going and learn a lot through the sessions and networking.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the limitations of granular security, I typically have to contact my account manager for help. I would like more LiveReports premade, but not a huge negative. The sales opportunity and tracking could be more robust for our sales person. I would like to do a little more forecasting and revenue based things in AT if it were possible, linking items from QuickBooks online back to the program or something of the sort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Right price for such a robust system and the fact that it's cloud based and constantly improving, AT is the way to go.

Making sure every billable item is billed to the client, I can run robust reporting for basically anything I can think up. Also, keeping track of customer requests with an email parser and organized ticket queues allows timely turnover.

Autotask review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Excellent Manager of Business Functions"

What do you like best?

This piece of software is extremely important in managing our business functions. Several of my coworkers have mentioned that the software has taken stress from their lives.

What do you dislike?

It is not as intuitive as we had hoped, as there was a bit of a learning curve to the system. However, our team became accustomed to the software within 1-2 weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! Wou can't go wrong.

We lacked good management of our business procedures and were looking for a good solution. AutoTask helped us fill that.

Autotask review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Good tool for administrative work"

What do you like best?

It's simple to use and doesn't take much effort to figure out.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version of the website is pretty terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for organizing your company's admin work.

Allows my company to track customer information, invoices, jobs/job tickets, expenses, and hours.

Autotask review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Overall great experience"

What do you like best?

Reporting capabilties the best of any program I have used in the past/

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program is slow or freezes

Can access from anywhere which helps when not in the office

Autotask review by Kierra T.
Kierra T.

"Auto task Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to track time per activity for individual resources

What do you dislike?

No complaints it was well used by our team

Time tracking per project and project management

Autotask review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Using AutoTask"

What do you like best?

The user friendly interface, dashboards and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Reporting capabilities seemed restrictive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review the Auto Task videos on You Tube for helpful information

Management of mid level IT projects. Provided the ability to effectively manage the budget, time and resource allocations.

"Fast Ticketing System"

What do you like best?

My employees are able to easily track their time.

What do you dislike?

The fact that they have a minimum # of licenses you can have and they charge you for unused licenses

Recommendations to others considering the product

Confirm their billing process prior to signing up

Time keeping for our MSP. This system is much better than Connectwise

"Autotask Experience"

What do you like best?

It is very functional, easy to use and it's a huge time saving piece of software

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about the program.

time management

Autotask review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Autotask"

What do you like best?

It could be a very fine program. We use it for all the wrong reason, so it is very difficult to use

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to use in the framework that we use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it is used for the proper situation it should be great

We are a service organization and we use it for ticketing client problems

Autotask review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Good program even for use outside IT"

What do you like best?

That the program can be used for more than just IT

What do you dislike?

Settings for invoices are limited and don't transfer well to Quickbooks.

I am able to see at a glance how many projects we have and at what stage they are. And I can easily query information.

Autotask review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Autotask used for end user ticket and project tracking."

What do you like best?

SaaS web based access, so access is available from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The project interface is complicated and not intuitive. No support for importing of existing MS Project files.

Single pane of glass to track customers, issues and projects.

Autotask review by Consultant

"A bit cumbersome with a few shortcomings "

What do you like best?

System is online and accessible anywhere without VPN or proxy servers. It’s ability to create projects per customer works well

What do you dislike?

There is no ability to remove unnecessary fields on the form. No shortcuts to close tickets.

Ticket management and time entry.

Autotask review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services