Availity

4.0

Availity solves the communication challenges between healthcare stakeholders, creating a more transparent exchange of information between health plans, providers, and technology partners.

Work for Availity?

Learning about Availity?

Availity Reviews

Showing 13 Availity reviews
Availity review by Angela S.
Angela S.

"Very detailed website!"

What do you like best?

I like how descriptive Availity is when looking up insurance verification. The site makes it easy to find claim statuses and benefits for patients easily instead of having to call in each time. I also enjoy the layout of the website because it is easy to maneuver around on.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if as a provider you decide what insurance companies are linked with the site, but I wish it offered more of the companies we use. The list that becomes available to choose from is limited and not with the most common insurance companies. Because the website is so detailed, at times, the information can seem chaotic and not well categorized.

Availity is my main source of verifying insurance benefits for our patients. I have realized that it has helped cut back on the amount of phone calls I make directly to the insurance companies. All the information is accurate and detailed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Availity
Availity review by Nicole N.
Nicole N.

"Not a great experience"

What do you like best?

I utilize Availity to check claim status and benefits for our Physical Therapy benefits. I am able to see a patients eligibility and a portion of their benefits. I like that Availity is a one stop shop for several insurance plans to get insurance benefits and claims details. Adding and removing providers is a simple task within Availity. It is also fairly simple to add or remove administrative staff and give them permission for only what they need permission for. When I am able to pull claims data it is informative and easy to read.

What do you dislike?

Availity has a place where you can send an online inquiry about claims. I have not had great success with this - no one gets back to me. This would be a great feature if in fact you would hear back from someone. I haven't found Availity to be extremely user friendly nor has my staff. To obtain benefit information you have to input a lot of information - more than what I typically have to input on any other site. I would love to just input a name and ID # to get information. My office also needs more benefit detail than what Availity provides as we are a specialty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Availity has a lot more to offer than the surface that I've barely scratched.

The business problem we have been able to solve is to save our administrative staff time on the phone. Decreasing phone time for our billers and front desk staff is huge and financially beneficial for our company.

What Practice Management solution do you use?

Availity review by Marlynn M.
Marlynn M.

"Must have for medical practices"

What do you like best?

Availity is like one stop shopping for a medical practice. You can verify benefits for several patients at the same time, verify different plans, submit appeals, view and retrieve referrals and prior authorizations. I don't know how any practice could run without it.

What do you dislike?

The information is not always accurate. We need very specific information. Availity does not allow us to obtain benefits by CPT code and place of service, which is what would help us the most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must use availity, if you are not, why not? If you are a BCBS provider, you really have no other choice, so just do it already.

Benefit verification.

Knowing ahead of time how much a patient will owe increases time of service collections.

Availity review by Sharayah W.
Sharayah W.

"Availity Review"

What do you like best?

Availity is fairly easy to use, the interface is simple and it allows me to submit authorization requests without waiting on hold on the phone forever.

What do you dislike?

I receive a LOT of unnecessary emails from the company, and spend a lot of time deleting them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a LOT of unnecessary emails. The program itself is easy to use, and I haven't had issues with it not working.

It allows us to obtain authorizations for scans and tests before the patient has them. This ensures accurate billing and payments.

User in Medical Practice

"Insurance Verification LifeSaver "

What do you like best?

I love availity! Having a software where I can verify and bundle similar insurances together really helps at our office for appointments. I absolutely love that it saves into the next day so if I need to double check I can quickly scroll down find and select. Availity is good for those who do billing and also appeal claims you are able to connect all insurance networks and get real time updates.

What do you dislike?

I dont like when it takes awhile to load due to communication issues with the insurance companies or that some insurances can be verified but you are unable to copayment without calling the company directly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IT WILL LITERALLY BE A LIFESAVER IF YOU DO BILLING, INSURANCE VERIFICATION AND CLAIMS APPEAL

It cuts down delays in verifying for multiple people via phone, especially if you have alot of urgent care or same day appointment patients. It is verify helpful when it comes to finding out when insurances have ended. I love being able to see an actual member id care if available especially since some of our clients forget their id cards.

Availity review by Connie M.
Connie M.

"Easy to use and works well"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of being able to check insurances and submit claims online. It is time saving and makes my job so much easier!

What do you dislike?

I don’t always get a complete answer and have to call the company later anyway.

It’s much easier and faster to get our insurance questions answered online

Availity review by Amber W.
Amber W.

"Insurance Verification"

What do you like best?

I like how many insurance and the different options you can verify, whether its 2nd opinion, office visit etc.

What do you dislike?

That it doesn't always provide the correct information on copays, especially freedom health and/or UHC.

Obtaining authorizations, viewing auths and referrals. Also I use it daily to verify insurance benefits.

Availity review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

Being able to run elgibility for multiple insurances is amazing. Colors make it easy to see who is active and not. Appreciate messaging system.

What do you dislike?

Messaging system not useful half the time, have to call anyway, and wish eligibility pages were standardized to all carry the needed info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recognize you will still need to call at times.

Availity allows us to run eligibility so much faster so we can identify coverage issues while the pt is still in the clinic. Also allows us to solve some COB issues.

Availity review by Gina L.
Gina L.

"Availity"

What do you like best?

The ease of using this for claim status and researching claims.

What do you dislike?

The length of time it takes to set up a company from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the only insurance based product that the insurance owns interest in, so its really the best one to use for that reason alone.

It helps us keep track of claims to make sure they are paid timely which in turn helps our cash flow.

Availity review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Hospital admin - Auth specialist"

What do you like best?

Having access to pre-certifying many Bcbs out-of-state procedures without having to call and endure much often, pretty long wait lines

What do you dislike?

Runs slowly at times, will sometimes re-hook you to the first page when when calling and stating my position, only to be. Another thing, the biggest thing, completely lacking respect of all cleaning and self dignity

Trying to make sure information that is in the payor’s pre rqrmnts, actually meets req’ments; ratting than changing last minute;

"Insurance verification "

What do you like best?

It is clear on what is needed to be filled out. It doesn’t let you submit if you have an error.

What do you dislike?

Error when entering procedure codes. It does not tell you whether each specific service is covered or not.

Cannot search procedures individually.

User in Medical Practice

"I enjoy the easy to use layout"

What do you like best?

Claim status is easy to view and is useful

What do you dislike?

I wish I had access to more payers fee schedule

Eligibility and benefits

Availity review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Health care "

What do you like best?

The funtions used for claims analysis by providers

What do you dislike?

Providers dislike it and use it for claims analysis

Claims analysis

Learning about Availity?

* We monitor all Availity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.