Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Avature

(32 reviews)

Avature is a highly flexible enterprise SaaS platform for Global Talent Acquisition and Talent Management, and the leading global provider of CRM for recruiting.

Work for Avature?

Learning about Avature?

Avature Reviews

Ask Avature a Question
Showing 33 Avature reviews
Avature review by Greg K.
Greg K.

"Still the Best."

What do you like best?

The product continues to perform and evolve. The Avature team have kept a strong focus on their client base and core competencies, while continuing to improve and innovate. They listen to and legitimately care about their customers. I think this really helps them with their product roadmap and it certainly makes them easy and attractive to work with.

What do you dislike?

There are discrete capabilities related to recruitment marketing that they continue to evolve and they've had their growing pains, but you simply can't be all things to all people and every provider struggles to keep pace with growth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time with them to really understand all the features. I hear a lot of people comparing notes about the tool and discovering functionality that is under-utilized. This is common with SW, of course, but there are real benefits to maximizing how you use the product.

We use both the CRM and ATS products. Being able to automate and adjust search strategies is critical to us, as is the ability to easily search for and correspond with sourced and applied candidates. Finding and engaging large and diverse pools of talent is very important to us and Avature makes it easy.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Avature
Avature review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"Big Avature Fan!"

What do you like best?

I love the customization Avature provides. No matter what situation you have, there is a way to configure Avature for what you need. I also love the reporting feature that lets you take a report that captures real time data from the system and export it to an excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet can be refreshed so that even non-Avature users can have real time data. The dynamic reports are fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Offer letters are hard to manage. We often have one-off paragraphs the we need to add to offers letters and the way the letters are set up, it is not easy to accommodate. This would be solved if they were able to create offer letters in word instead of PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your must haves and your nice to haves. Make sure you tell Avature what you need so they can demonstrate how their system can do it.

We have implemented several of Avature's modules: ATS, Internal/Referral portal, Hiring Manager Portal, Agency Portal, and Campus & Events, Through these portals we have gained better insights and have been about the streamline our processes.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

Avature review by Lisa K.
Lisa K.

"Great CRM"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and having the ability for a shared data model

What do you dislike?

The cost of the product causes some heartburn. I would like to see the yearly cost be switched with the one time implementation costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are like me and need to see a document in order to understand how the product works then prepare yourself that this doesn't exist. Avature can be exactly what you want it to be so you basically are creating off a blank slate. It took me a couple of months to come to terms with this but once I did I have been able to create whatever I need to and have no real constraints.

Reporting workflow tracking, marketing engagement, automation of tasks. My recruitment coordinators have had great success and reduced turnaround times by having automated emails to candidates for form completion and task assignments. We are three months into utilization so are still working out the pipeline and dashboard reports but this has been greatly improved over the last CRM that provided no automation.

Avature review by Kristopher H.
Kristopher H.

"Comprehensive, easy-to-use platform"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the platform. I can make changes on the fly and have the system up and running for a client in less than a week in some cases. I find the UI very intuitive and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Probably my only real desire would be to have a more robust report writing tool, right out of the box. I have not had any experience with the Report Builder yet, so that might change my mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lean on the implementation team to help you get all you can out of the system. They are great with coming up with solutions for all of your needs and wants. I have worked with many of the consultants over the last three years and they are all well-versed in the platform and are able to think outside the box when necessary. The sales team is second to none.

We are able to get a our recruiting teams up and running quickly, and with little guidance as the platform is easy to learn. For us, Avature is a great sourcing tool that let's us build up pipelines of candidates that would otherwise prove difficult.

Avature review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Avature Makes Candidate Management Easy"

What do you like best?

Avature in its entirety gives us the ability to meet students when they are Freshman and record every interaction we have with them until the graduate - this is extremely helpful for us as we like to identify potential candidates early in their student career. Being able to have students sign in at events to know what they have attended is also very useful.

What do you dislike?

I would suggest adding a feature for a student to take a picture and add it to their profile on the spot - it would be an extremely useful tool to help the recruiter remember students. Other than that, I'm not a huge fan of the way the menu is set up - having the last visited pages populate a list on the side seems sloppy and distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Avature has great features and those features absolutely make this software worth implementing, be prepared to take a good chunk of time customizing it to your companies needs.

We are able to meet students on campus early in their career as a student and track the ways that we interact with them over a long period of time - this helps us to identify talent early and maintain contact with them. There's a huge benefit to the company when there is turnover in recruiting staff because the new recruiters can continue to interact with students identified early on. We also use Avature to streamline our event management process with candidates as well as the interview paperwork and scheduling process. Having Avature host all of our recruiting needs in one place makes it so easy on our company.

Avature review by Nigel S.
Nigel S.

"Avature CRM & Event Management "

What do you like best?

Avature product is very configurable and enables great measureable value in a global solution.

What do you dislike?

The need for clients to learn how the system works to really get the maximum value through the implementation phase. Avature have great solution consultants that know the product very well but when the rubber hits the road its down to the client to define the need and when they may not fully understand the product, (you don't know what you don't know) there is a risk that the end configuration is not fully optimised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A leading product with robust case studies and they listen to the customer.

We are aiming to improve recruitment brand position, drive a consistent quality of candidate experience with a segmented process to meet the needs of junior through to exec hires.

Avature review by Tayler B.
Tayler B.

"Avature ATS"

What do you like best?

High configurability, user-friendly and great customer service. It's nice to be able to create and upload workflows on your own rather than having to reach out to technical support each time.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could search in datasets. We have some datasets that have thousands of pages and I usually have to sort and then try to find what I'm looking for. However, these are typically managed by an integration and tend to only be one-off circumstances.

More automated and efficient process, and better candidate experience. The recruiters can spend more time recruiting and less time focusing on the administrative piece.

Avature review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Good ATS with nice features"

What do you like best?

We implemented Avature for the internal recruiting team a couple years ago. They had good customer support and helped ensure a (fairly) smooth transition. Avature has a lot of solid features - including creating new profiles in their system straight from a profile/resume online. Good automation functionality as well, and customizable.

What do you dislike?

Because it's robust, there is a lot you can do but might not know how to do. It takes some solid time/effort to learn and utilize it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go in with a list of all the features you are interested in, and ask them to show how it will work in Avature, but also be open to the possibility that you can improve your process.

ATS and CRM - we not only used as ATS, but also got our Orientation/Learning team integrated, so onboarding was more seamless.

Avature review by Alan G.
Alan G.

"Everything I want from a CRM"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, Avature team listen to what is said and act on things quickly. Drop box feature is always a firm favourite. And the ability to change workflows to suit our needs.

What do you dislike?

Minor gripe would be no group chat in the chat function. However there is not a lot I can moan about/.

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't be restricted by what you do currently, think about what would be your perfect state as it's likely Avature can do it!

Multiple. We use the product for recruitment processes that are not "normal". Such as franchise recruits where there is a long process.

Avature review by Wendy H.
Wendy H.

"Avature for the Win"

What do you like best?

Avature is very customizable and the workflows make the system very user friendly. The job and people lists are great for data reporting and the candidate profiles have a great format.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few small kinks in the programming, but they seem to be resolving over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is wonderful - especially the fact that you can customize so many things!

Definitely ability to track candidates and progress of reqs, Avature makes visibility to hiring managers strong which was definitely lacking prior to implementing Avature.

Avature review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Avature a great product"

What do you like best?

I really like the search features and the tagging. We use it for sourcing so it has a lot of great features that work for our group.

What do you dislike?

The candidate search at times can be very challenging but they seem to have fixed that with the latest update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I see this product in motion I see the complete use of a tool that really does what you need.

We are trying to share candidates and the process of attraction to said candidates through Avature. So mainly team collaboration and personal searches for the right candidates.

User in Medical Devices

"I use Avature on a daily basis for our ATS and our Campus and Events portal."

What do you like best?

I love that Avature allows users to customize the ATS based on user need. With Avature, each member of my team has the ability to build custom reports for our recruitment needs and can modify/remove fields as needed. This saves our team so much time while also providing real-time data from the system. I also love using the "Advanced Search" feature to help pipeline and source for our team.

What do you dislike?

When I initially started using Avature, I was a bit overwhelmed and felt it wasn't the most user friendly for a new user. That being said, with detailed training and time spent exploring the system, I quickly got up to speed and was able to integrate it into my everyday routine.

For me personally, I've love using Avature for our Campus & Events portal to solve the problem of how best to capture contacts we meet at career fairs. We have built such a robust C&E portal that has dramatically improved the way we capture contact information at these outreach events. We can now capture real-time feedback on contacts at each event and measure the success of the event based the information we capture in the portal. Additionally, we no longer have to collect paper resumes at events because all of this information is captured electronically through the portal...HUGE win!

Avature review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"The most flexible and powerful CRM/ATS tool in my opinion on the market"

What do you like best?

Avature’s technology platform, forward thinking business acumen/foresight and customer service is far superior to any ATS, HR services company I have every worked with.

Avature’s ATS/CRM platform functions unlike any system. It’s flexibility to design the backend to your very specific business needs, far beyond just tracking requisitions, candidates or general reporting. As importantly, for the most part, once an administrator is trained, they are able to make the majority of changes, without having to put in work orders or waiting for the vendor to respond. Even if Avature does execute changes, their service levels are second to none. I have watched on a WebEx they change being made literally as discussed with the Avature consultant.

After presenting a number of business and compliance obligations that were very specific to our industry, Avature was able to come to us with specific designs that once built into the system resulted in resolving these critical issues that had been an on-going struggle in the past.

What do you dislike?

Avature has far exceeded any expectation I could have had with a new ATS/CRM/On-Boarding system. If anything, the issue with Avature is that it is so powerful of a business solutions tool, that until you experience it, you approach it in the box that ATS companies have trained us to be in. With Avature, there isn’t a box….it is provides infinite possibilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate.

Avature can easily solve the obvious ATS issues that most ATS companies address, however, Avature’s strong technical platform leaps ahead of other ATS companies in regards to solving business related issues that are components of employment. Two examples are;

SOX related process that had been previously conducted by over a 100 separate broadcast and business units was resolved through Avature’s ATS solution. The result has been in 100% compliance, eliminating manual filing and record keeping.

Additional compliance notifications that are industry required were sent out by individual broadcast centers manually taking up massive amount of personnel time and effort. Avature’s ATS solution created a design in the backend of the system and eliminated all inefficiencies and the manual process with 100% record keeping and compliance.

Avature review by Chris P.
Chris P.

"Avature CRM - Managing data succesfully to achieve direct sourcing success. "

What do you like best?

Complex functionality with an easy to use, intuitive user experience. Avature CRM is the perfect companion to our recruitment function in best managing current and future talent. Actively supports direct sourcing strategies, which is essential in this cost conscious climate.

What do you dislike?

Would be good to have better integration with other platforms such as Linked in.

Diversity & Inclusiveness is a huge focus for us as a firm and by using Avature we have been able to actively target and mine data based on some protective characteristics. We've only just scraped the surface with this and can see this benefits of this vastly increasing.

Avature review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Avature - super adaptable, great service"

What do you like best?

From an administrator perspective, Avature is highly adaptable to our various business needs, and their support team is very knowledgeable about how to shape your user experience around those needs.

What do you dislike?

My only minor issue is actually a good problem. Avature is always updating and improving features - so much so that you can lose yourself (in a good way) in their extensive "News" section where they explain those updates.

As an RPO, our client needs vary, but my experience is that Avature's adaptability to those needs are as good as any CRM and/or ATS solution on the market.

Avature review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Easy to use platform"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use for basic storage and a decent CRM. It's easy to navigate and easy to pull data from. The steps are easy to walk through. Overall Avature is great for storing information and having a database where files are held.

What do you dislike?

Getting reports out of Avature is a little tricky. Pulling the specific report that you want can be hard to achieve which his very frustrating. It's best used for storing information. The analytics piece is seriously missing on Avature compared to some other software systems out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you really consider if this software is best for your business needs before deciding to implement.

Storing data in one place. It is easy for all users to see the same data at once.

Avature review by Felicia N.
Felicia N.

"Tracking Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The workflow steps are easy to utilize and track candidate progress.

What do you dislike?

The boolean or ability to search is limited. Would like to see the capabilities enhanced to search the ATS like a database.

Tracking and dispositioning candidates has been very easy with Avature.

Avature review by Chantelle H.
Chantelle H.

"New user of Avature"

What do you like best?

Dropbox functionality means we can upload CVs and populate the fields of a candidates record with ease. Similarly importing candidates from LinkedIn via 'Import Link' is great.

What do you dislike?

That you can't edit documents once they have been saved to the system. I also don't find the list view all that easy to work from, if you're working through calling a list of candidates.

We're increasing direct sourcing through using Avature, and making sure are up to speed on data governance.

Avature review by Dana M.
Dana M.

"A consistent winner"

What do you like best?

Time and Time again, we compare avature to other CRMs and Avature consistently wins.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more customization as far as design and layout with the landing pages we have built in our specific program

Candidate management, pipelining, engagement

Avature review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Excellent program for candidate tracking"

What do you like best?

Program is excellent for pipelining and tracking candidates in mass

What do you dislike?

I like the program, nothing impedes my processes in this system.

Ability to glance at candidate in mass for immediate evaluation. It enhances the function of my position in recruitment because I can provide over statistics instnatly

Avature review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"AMAZING!!!!!!! best CRM tool out there"

What do you like best?

This tool is completely customizable and the team of developers at Avature are always up for a challenge. They encourage their clients to push the envelope of innovation.

What do you dislike?

The platform is not attractive. Very basic looking. Maybe more customization in field capture.

We are currently utilizing avature to manage sourcing, talent community, campus recruiting, event management, interview scheduling, and portal for our entire talent acquisition team.

Avature review by Rick R.
Rick R.

"Very good experience "

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the Avature Product. Also, David Pumpelly has been great to work with.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times during the implementation phase that it took longer than expected but in fairness we have asked for a lot of creativity.

Avature is a part of our product solution integration platform that we use to build proactive talent clouds for our customers.

Avature review by Jesse J.
Jesse J.

"Avature CRM Review"

What do you like best?

Avature has a number of features that its competitors do not.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a landing page creation feature.

We utilizie it as both a CRM and an ATS.

Avature review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"Avature CRM"

What do you like best?

We are able to make changes quickly, users and administrators love it.

What do you dislike?

Some of the development/implementation is slow (portals/reports etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep it simple and do it well. Invest in training

Hiring manager reporting has probably saved a few hours of recruiter effort on each vacancy worked on.

Avature review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

Avature is very easy to use and has a lot of different functions.

What do you dislike?

There are a few steps that are unnecessary but I think that is how our company has it set up.

We are using Avature as our ATS.

Avature review by Gina H.
Gina H.

"excellent, I enjoy working in Avature, it's a great tool"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use with great step by step features

What do you dislike?

NA, I have not seen any issues, I really like using the produce so far

tracking candidates acurately

Avature review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Not as user friendly as most"

What do you like best?

Avature is can be used in a variety of ways. It is very flexible

What do you dislike?

Not as user freindly as most. Could not get recruiters to use it as it was not intuative.

WE tried to use it as a CRM

User in Medical Devices

"I have used Avature for one year with increasing understanding of its utility and capabilities. "

What do you like best?

I like the journal, the ease of creating lists, reports and requisitions.

What do you dislike?

The CRM function could be better and notes do not autosave.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's nicely adaptable and can perform a good number of functions beyond simply tracking applicants.

Reports and analytics! It's flexible and adaptable in creating new groups, lists, capabilities, etc.

Avature review by User

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

For new users like me, I was amazed how the system works. The tools are easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I just started using this. So have nothing against the tools as of the moment. Everything works well with me.

It's very easy to source using this web tools.

User in Medical Devices

"Good experience over time. "

What do you like best?

Ability to pull reports and automate process.

What do you dislike?

I wish that offer letters were produced in word format so that they might be more easily edited.

Really helps us with pipelining and forecasting. Most powerful ATS I have ever used.

Avature review by User

"AVATURE Explained"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

I don't know how to add comments once I've created a candidate.

It's an easy to learn ATS system especially with new employees & easy to keep track of candidates.

Avature review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Easy to Use Program"

What do you like best?

It accesses resumes from multiple sites, which saves a lot of time

What do you dislike?

There should be a notes area that can be used to collaborate between the the hiring team

Recruiting

Avature review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Avature Super User"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, user-friendliness, simplicity, customer focus

What do you dislike?

some layouts, some limitations with doing multi-tasking

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

creating and managing talent pipelines, proactive and strategic recruitment, the CRM function

Learning about Avature?

* We monitor all Avature reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Avature