Avaya Aura

Avaya Aura is our core communications platform delivering company-wide, people-centric collaboration and supporting full unified communications and contact center solutions for midsize to large enterprises.

Work for Avaya Aura?

Learning about Avaya Aura?

Avaya Aura Reviews

Showing 37 Avaya Aura reviews
Avaya Aura review by <span>Nicole D.</span>
Nicole D.

"Love the Avaya Phone System"

What do you like best?

I love how there are so many options available on the phone, most are very easy to use and navigate. The phone is updated with the best software and there are never any problems with disconnections.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to conference a call and join the two callers together. Sometimes it hangs up on caller.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel you would be making the right choice by choosing Avaya Aura because it's a brand that you can count on and know that you're making the right choice for your company or for your self.

I feel it works great for a busy call center, the calls are clear and the phone lines are always connecting with ease.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Avaya Aura
Avaya Aura review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Every day use at its finest"

What do you like best?

Avaya makes it easy to connect with people in other offices/states and allows you to add multiple people. I didnt have to be in front of my computer, I was able to use my cell phone or tablet.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes having the video blur a little, could also be bad reception, but that can be a little annoying when you are talking business and you have to keep pausing or waiting for it to come back in the clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your working in an industry where you dont really have an office and kind of work on your own accord when and where you want to, its definitely a product to consider for your company.

Ability to speak with clients wherever they are and whenever. It makes working much easier and gives you the ability to be mobile.

What Contact Center Infrastructure solution do you use?

Avaya Aura review by User in Higher Education

"Avaya Aura - Academics"

What do you like best?

I am a user of their phone product at Midwestern University. I like that the phones are easy to use, it's simple to set up, and cam store my custom directory of numbers often dialed.

What do you dislike?

We've lost power to the phones when our electricity went out briefly since it's an IP connected phone. That was inconvenient, but the pros far outweigh this con.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An awesome product to make life in a large infrastructure organization easier to communicate with one another without bogging down E-mail.

The phone is more efficient than a regular multiline phone. Transferring calls is much easier than the phones we had prior. Our I.T. Department has access to the whole suite which they use to send us messages rather than an Email if there's a system or portal outage. I only have access to the phone system and use the phone.

Avaya Aura review by <span>Jody E.</span>
Jody E.

"Avaya Telecomm Products Review"

What do you like best?

Avaya's telecomm systems are the best in the market. They've been doing telecomm since the Lucent glory days of the 80's and 90's and continue to offer solid PBX solutions for the enterprise. What I like best about Avaya is their survivability and failover tehcnologies. In my opinion, the Avaya LSP (Local Survivable Processor) and SLS are far superior to the Cisco SRST and CME methodologies.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can say that I dislike about Avaya is their support model. For the last 10 years or so they've been trying to get out of the sales and support business. They have almost entirely gotten out of the sales business by allowing their business partners such as NACR, SPS, and Carousel to sell their products for them, but support they elected to outsource to India, Argentina, and China. Very hard to get good support from support technicians that speak a different flavor of "English" and work in a different time zone than I do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need Mission Critical telecomm equipment, there is only choice in my book and that is the Avaya enterprise solutions.

We are currently lowering costs by integrating SIP trunking through the Avaya Session Manager into both the Avaya CM and our Cisco UCM. We also use most of Avaya's other enterprise level products including CMS, IQ, Experience Portal, AES, UCCCM, and they have all solved problems across both our 911 dispatch centers as well as our billing call centers.

Avaya Aura review by <span>Joelle F.</span>
Joelle F.

"Improvements to the bank's phone system."

What do you like best?

All local numbers - Before implementation we had to dial 8 to get out, then the area code before the number. After, there was no dial-out digit, and it localized all numbers.

I loved using the chat and seeing availability of coworkers. It reduced the number of needless calls to my branch when we set our away status, which was a huge stress relief on a busy day. External customer calls would come in, but internal calls would be directed away.

What do you dislike?

We were using an ISP to call, and sometimes that made our call sound really digitized, like pixelated in images but for sound. Sometimes the whole system would go down since it was a master system instead of local phone numbers, so when it was bad it was bad across the board and we'd lose all functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tech support was less than ideal but it was probably our company's fault. They had worked out that our tech support team would field all questions, but that wasn't communicated to the company at large, so when I called their team to troubleshoot, the rep was quite rude. Unfortunately, our IT team was way too small to support our infrastructure, so I would have defaulted to calling their team again.

We saw greater connectivity, better awareness of availability, more respect of each other's status & quicker answers using the chat feature.

Avaya Aura review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Avaya CMS - A great program!"

What do you like best?

Avaya CMS allows you to do just about anything. You can customize and alter pretty much every detail in the program, which is probably it's best feature. There is a ton of advanced functionalities behind the application I haven't even began to play with but I do look forward to it.

What do you dislike?

There are a ton of reporting options in Avaya CMS, which isn't bad by any means but they are hard to understand what they do. For example, I was looking to run a report earlier today to see who changed was skillsets in CMS but I could not find the option easily. After Googling around for 20 minutes I finally found the option and ran the report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a ton of features and functionality, it can be overwhelming at first but worth learning the ins and outs as it is a great tool.

We have resolved many internal phone queue problems using Avaya CMS - We have been able to prioritize team members in our phone queue and customize the skill sets to an extreme detail.

Learning about Avaya Aura?

* We monitor all Avaya Aura reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.