AWeber

AWeber

14 7.6 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Email marketing services that help small businesses automate email follow up and newsletter delivery for increased customer retention and higher sales.

AWeber Reviews (14)

• My favorite thing about AWeber is it's incredibly available support staff. When you have a question (and you will have questions), you can call and get it resolved in... Read More
    0 rvo lllvchbp83vq sj3l 8vrwrkh3oq josl1klxuxt05jnypaowpxizfkm 6i4ajp2onai2njf
    Matthew K.
    Administrator in Internet
  • I love the capabilities with AWeber. The email segmentation is awesome! You can send separate emails to different lists within your dashboard. It's definitely the best... Read More
    G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

AWeber's Cool Automation Features Are Backed By Rock-solid Support

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about AWeber is it's incredibly available support staff. When you have a question (and you will have questions), you can call and get it resolved in minutes.

What do you dislike?

The biggest pain points for me are that AWeber's GUI is nowhere near as enjoyable to use as MailChimp's and their SurveyGizmo does not meet my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a very clear idea of what you are going to do with your email automation provider, then take the time to check out a few and see who can best meet your needs. It is hard to pick a winner in the space (AWeber, MailChimp, etc.), but each of them have slightly different feature mixes, making the decision easier if you are acutely aware of your needs. As a result of this I use AWeber for some clients and MailChimp for others based on which will be better to achieve specific goals.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I use AWeber to deliver sales related autoresponders to various groups based on where we captured their email. Some of these messages come from our company in general while others come from individuals. I have the flexibility to control this and automate these sales processes, saving us time and helping us cut through the clutter of less profitable leads. We also use AWeber to deliver our newsletter which we can have sent automatically or create each time. Finally, we use AWeber in our client education process where we have around 30 emails that clients get throughout their time with us. AWeber saves us tons of time by allowing for automation of that process based on where they will be in the product lifecycle.

The bottom line is that AWeber is flexible enough to that you can make it work for your business and the phone support is unparalleled in the space.

Administrator in Marketing and Advertising - AWeber Review Author
Updated On
Validated Review

Great source for segmenting emails and very user friendly!

What do you like best?

I love the capabilities with AWeber. The email segmentation is awesome! You can send separate emails to different lists within your dashboard. It's definitely the best feature. Their templates are also very user friendly. If you have an issue, their technical support is always available, they respond quickly and they will even do a conference call if needed. They also have training programs to go through to familiarize yourself with their services.

What do you dislike?

If you're looking for more lead nurturing type email marketing capabilities, AWeber is not your tool. It's good for an already existing list or for people to manually add themselves to your list from your website. The only issue I had with AWeber was that I was looking for something to automate a weekly newsletter for my company. I needed it to pull all the existing information within the database, send it to all the correct recipients and put all the information into numerical, categorical order (a very hefty task for the tool). AWeber will segment lists and you can create templates, but you can't run scripts within the program to automate things for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They do have free trial periods, check it out! Then formulate questions and take advantage of their tech support. If you feel like the tool isn't doing what you need, contact their support with your questions to set up a time to discuss; they will do everything in their power to help you!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I was helping businesses find contacts to write for their blog and writers to find contacts from businesses that they could write for. I was basically a connector of business blogs and websites to persons.

User in Education Management - AWeber Review Author
Updated On
Validated Review

Professional and helpful, but watch your costs

What do you like best?

It automatically syncs with some web site platforms easily. It's professional and capable of so many functions to help you with getting your brand out there. Templates are provided to get you up and running fairly quickly.

What do you dislike?

You are charged money whether or not you send emails. Be careful of your incorrect email subscriber addresses - you'll get charged for having them on your account, even if they're not actually receiving your emails. You can't use Amazon contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aweber is professional, offering quite a few options, but watch your costs, because they can quickly get out of hand if you're not weeding your bad email addresses or not sending emails to justify the cost.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I've been sending out professional e-newsletters to my subscribers. Tracking is easy.

Validated Review

AWeber is a great autoresponder tool for serious email marketers

What do you like best?

I like the intricate email sequences you can set up within AWeber. Additionally, the drag and drop template design and simple forms are great for matching your emails to your existing branding and website.

What do you dislike?

For an email marketer with a small list or who sends irregularly, the fees are a bit hefty. I normally don't recommend the service for anyone who doesn't already have a significant list or who doesn't plan to leverage all of the services features so that the cost won't be an issue.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Clear, concise and consistent marketing/engagement. AWeber allows one to do this by allowing emails to be programmed in advance and to automatically send messages from RSS to email or in a sequence to an email list.

Weekly Newsletter

What do you like best?

The best part of AWeber has got to be ease of use inside the newsletter creator. You can add text, images, etc. easily and the support staff was very helpful when I spoke with them.

What do you dislike?

Outdated system. If you need to change an item such as the length of time between sending two newsletters and all following correspondence it's very tedious.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

When I used this product it was part of a lengthy sales funnel. The benefit would have to be management of the system. Once the newsletters have been created and all of the times have been set (which is the hard part) it runs itself.

Tags

* We monitor all AWeber reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about AWeber?