Amazon Pinpoint

Collect, View and Export App Analytics

Work for Amazon Pinpoint?

Learning about Pinpoint?

Amazon Pinpoint Reviews

Showing 27 Pinpoint reviews

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

The Analytics service lets you track daily and monthly active devices, which goes beyond downloads to give you a better feel for user engagement and stickiness. The ability to test 5 interfaces at once gives you the best outlook on what is successful.

What do you dislike?

The fact that Amazon tracks devices and not users means a single customer who launches an app on two different devices will be counted twice while two customers using an app on a single device will are counted once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Analytics is a hot topic and executives looking to get value from business intelligence. This software is how they do that. Considering how important business intelligence is, every bit of improvement is necessary.

I am using this platform to test various apps that are in development within the University; ranging from professional grade to student projects.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Amazon Pinpoint
Pinpoint review by Angelika V.
Angelika V.

"Helps me keep track of what I do"

What do you like best?

I like that I can keep track of what I do on Amazon as well as keep up with what others like the most. It also helps me to see just how much others like myself use it on a daily or even monthly basis. The cost to use it is very reasonable and its a monthly cost, not daily.

What do you dislike?

At first it can be a little discouraging to use because it's a lot to take in but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy.

Helps me to keep up with my own as well as a few friends financials.

What Mobile App Analytics solution do you use?

Pinpoint review by Nicole V.
Nicole V.

"Amazing product!"

What do you like best?

I love that Amazon is so accessible to everyone and that they go above and beyond to me sure their customers are happy. I use Amazon for most of my shopping and I have rearely had a disappointing experience.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything in particular that I dislike about Amazon.

I have realized many benefits. Such as fast shipping, etc. I currently do not have a business that I a, using this for.

Pinpoint review by Prabuddha R.
Prabuddha R.

"Nice experience"

What do you like best?

The mobile analytics is quite powerfull and gives you amazing flexibility to design the dashboards as well as perform predictive analytics on the go. The User interfaces provided and the number of tools at your disposal is quite huge.

What do you dislike?

I think the number of features being offered to the user often become confusing. The user is confused about what tools to use to get the desired result. I think limiting the tools and dedicating specific tools for particular work would really help in better user experience

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a really nice tool for people who are into data visualization and predictive analytics

I was trying to do some data visualization

Pinpoint review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great Resource Tool"

What do you like best?

This resource is great for collecting information for your apps such as the number of users, returning users, new users, the number and length of sessions, etc.. everything you'd want from a website but only for an app.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I do not like from this. It's even free until you reach a certain point of 1 million events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great application to view analytic of your apps. I'm on a very small scale and it did everything I expected it to and then some. Free until you reach 1 million events. I never had to reach out to support at this point, their website is pretty helpful as well and goes into details about getting starting, pricing and even has a demo.

I've used this on a small scale project so I never even came close to the number of events to be charging, so this is great so it does not add an extra costs to the project.

Pinpoint review by Internal Consultant in Political Organization
Internal Consultant in Political Organization

"Excellent Experience "

What do you like best?

Our company adopts all Amazon offerings as early as possible, and the mobile analytics have proven particularly useful as we develop more and more apps. We've tried other tracking solutions, including ones developed in-house, but Amazon always seems to offer the best and most cost-effective solution.

What do you dislike?

We've encountered no problems thus far with the mobile analytics. At present we run analytics on all apps developed in-house -- primarily finance- and economy-related apps, as well as some beta apps to streamline city government processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with other Amazon software, this is an intuitive offering that users at nearly all levels can master and implement. As a smallish (50-person) company, AMA is a cost effective soiution that enhances our ability to improve our app offerings for clients.

We began developing apps rather early in the game, but soon realized the need for meaningful analytics in order to drive sales and increase customer retention. AMA helps us do this, as well as respond to customer requests for new features and customer complaints about any bugs.

Pinpoint review by G2 Crowd User in Executive Office
G2 Crowd User in Executive Office

"Amazon Mobile"

What do you like best?

Amazon is very user friendly. Since I have been a customer with Amazon for years, I found it easier to use.

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen an issue, but I have heard people think the pricing is unfair. Other than that, I think it is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using this because of the ease of use. It doesn't take a lot of skill to use this product.

Analyzing app usage and data in one scale so it makes my life easier by putting all my data in one place so I don't have to spend time searching for it everywhere.

Pinpoint review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"A great experiance"

What do you like best?

I loved the usability of the service. It is so open and friendly and easy to use. I was easily able to track my customers and my income each month.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there were several bugs that took away from the experiance. Loading times were a pain many times and some things would just take a while to load or wouldn't even at the beginning. It has improved since then, but there were many bugs when I used the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any problems with the service, simply contact the support. They were very friendly, supportive, and helpful.

I am trying to solve the way we look at our app information and this app was the solution. The analytics are unparalleled and give great insight on what I was trying to look at.

Pinpoint review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Developers should give it a shot"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very sleek and modern. The way that they track devices is pretty awesome, because it doesn't limit a user to one sign-in per username, instead it counts the devices that the app is launched on.

What do you dislike?

I would say the amount of features that are blasted at the user. They need a more streamlined approach to explain to the user what tools will get the results that they are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to use Analytical platform for a small business or application, look no farther.

The analytical data that it provides gives you an amazing amount of information, really helped me understand that I was looking at, and what I should be doing to improve.

Pinpoint review by Consultant in Events Services
Consultant in Events Services

"Initial Review Is Positive"

What do you like best?

The quick means of getting important metrics from app usage. This tool is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not say I dislike anything, but I am excited about being able to watch analytics evolve through time.

I am always looking for the best possible means of gaining metrics. The more data I can pull down the better. That said, and as I mentioned above, as this product evolves it will become more and more useful to me.

Pinpoint review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent for Developers"

What do you like best?

Simple and modern UI. That shows you all the data you want in a easy and free format. The fact that Amazon tracks devices and not users means a single customer who launches an app on two different devices will be counted twice, while two customers using an app on a single device will be counted once. That itself is huge!

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike. My only hope is that they invest more into Amazon Mobile Analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You will not be disappointed. Great service for developers. Using the A/B Testing service, developers can test up to five different in-app interfaces simultaneously to understand which is most successful.

I was using for app storage and to do it fast, easy and free.

Pinpoint review by Damian Eliel A.
Damian Eliel A.

"Awesome analytics"

What do you like best?

The mobile analytics is quite useful for predictive analytics on the go. We've tried other tracking solutions, but Amazon always seems to offer the best and most cost-effective solution.

What do you dislike?

There are no features i dislike about Amazon Mobile Analytics,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You will never regret. If you are starting with analytics maybe amazon mobile is not for you

I am using this platform to test apps that are in development within the University; ranging from professional grade to student projects.

Pinpoint review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Amazon Analytics"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool to use to understand how you and your products are doing in terms of who you believe your audience is and can be. Using this product allows you a deeper understanding of the market available.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes at this time as this is a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it and see if it works for you. If you don't understand certain information this product provides you, research and either look it up or call the support line and have them walk you through it. Super helpful!

We are solving the issue of narrowing down our audience and establishing new ways to reach those who are already interested in our products.

Pinpoint review by User in Higher Education

"Great for analyzing selling info on the fly!"

What do you like best?

I like the mobile version of this. I always use to have to go to seller accounts and it was very difficult to get the information.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike for this. I'm not a huge seller, but it helps me keep track of everything on the fly whether I have 10 things going at once or 100.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use the old site for a while before using this. It wil make you appreciate it that much more!

This is just easier in a day and age where everything can be done mobile. I think this is a great step for Amazon.

Pinpoint review by André G.
André G.

"Deploy never was esier"

What do you like best?

How fast and easy it is to us deploy applications now. With a integrated jenkins solution we could reduce in 70% the workforce to deploy appllication in production and staging area.

What do you dislike?

The control panel is a bit confusing some times for non specialist user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perform a long study before trying to migrate, so you can do a really good implementation.

App deployment and service scale

Pinpoint review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Just what you need "

What do you like best?

User-friendly and easy to use. Easy implementation. Helpful and accurate metrics to help you improve.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model is confusion and it can be kind of pricey. When you first start using it, it can seem complicated, but it doesn't take long to become an expert.

Optimizing user engagement. Metrics and reporting for improvement.

Pinpoint review by Ethan C.
Ethan C.

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

I loved the easy to use interface for reviewing my mobile performance. It's easy to check how your app is doing.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how it took sometimes an hour or two to load my app's performance or update it.

It helped solve the problem of identifying core user groups that I wanted to reach.

Pinpoint review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"No complaints and does what it needs to do"

What do you like best?

I really like the interface for tracking daily active users.

What do you dislike?

No big complaints or dealbreakers. Charts could be slightly faster loading.

It helps us track DAU in an easy to understand fashion and has helped us keep bringing people back.

Pinpoint review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Better than GA"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation and level of detail on crash reports. Full stack tracing too.

What do you dislike?

Many OS details are excluded and it would be much more useful if it had better (accurate) real time data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're sick of the spotty data from GA, this is much better.

After suffering a nightmare with GA app analytics, we were looking for crash reports on versions of Android that we didn't have hardware versions of to test on. Emulators only provide so much.

Pinpoint review by Ruby M.
Ruby M.

"Great products for the cost"

What do you like best?

Servers are always up and running, no bumps in the road that we run into when using it.

What do you dislike?

Pricing structure is not accurate, lots of issues when it comes to the billing portion of it.

No known issues yet

Pinpoint review by Judith H.
Judith H.

"amazon "

What do you like best?

It provides us with clear visibility into spend.

What do you dislike?

I would like the report to be cleaner, perhaps allowing me to set up filters prior to processing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes I wold recommend it

Provides us better reporting and insight into purchasing.

Pinpoint review by Bobby L.
Bobby L.

"Amazon analytics"

What do you like best?

Give you the right information and tools to keep growing your business

What do you dislike?

More user friendly and better graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to have

Selling

Pinpoint review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Excellent product "

What do you like best?

the scalability , high performance and efficiency , as well as integration with multiple services , Metrics are well extensive , good and accurate information

What do you dislike?

the price compared to other similar products feature however it is a price that fits well and is well worth the sacrifice

I found it very useful for 2 large scale projects helping to improve performance in areas of analysis

Pinpoint review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"Why?"

What do you like best?

It does everything worse - only use if you are Amazon everything

What do you dislike?

If you do not use Amazon there is no reason to learn this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait for it to go out of beta.

No benefits except work with the rest of Amazon stack.

Pinpoint review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Love Amazon!"

What do you like best?

I like that this product is easy to use and free. I also like that it tracks devices and not users.

What do you dislike?

Very confusing on how much our company would be charged in using this product, that was our only concern.

Using this for app storage and it was very nice to have it be super easy to work with and free!

Pinpoint review by User in Higher Education

"Good product, Better options"

What do you like best?

Amazon Mobile Analytics provides an easy and quick way to determine who is checking out your products and how to better market a product for the future.

What do you dislike?

I wish this had more detailed analytics so I could better form a coherent amazon marketing campaign

The business problems consists of establishing a more sound understanding of our product's audience.

Pinpoint review by Storm W.
Storm W.

"Great for tracking apps"

What do you like best?

graphs and charts that show daily app usage

What do you dislike?

interface could be more user friendly and easier to navigate

Optimizing user engagement

Learning about Amazon Pinpoint?

* We monitor all Amazon Pinpoint reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.