AWS Cost Explorer

AWS Cost Explorer lets you dive deeper into your cost and usage data to identify trends, pinpoint cost drivers, and detect anomalies, completely free of charge.

Work for AWS Cost Explorer?

Learning about AWS Cost Explorer?

AWS Cost Explorer Reviews

Showing 11 AWS Cost Explorer reviews
AWS Cost Explorer review by Administrator

"Budget done right!"

What do you like best?

I like that it lets me explore different options and search by tags. When I tag my Amazon Web Services Elastic Compute Cloud instances, I would want to tag them and see pricing per each tag. That comes really useful for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike a report function which is very inconvenient. CSV file can be imported but really hard to integrate with any of Databases on Amazon Web Services to search and run queries. However, I have found a solution using Anthena which works just fine for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say it definitely headed into the right direction and I would love to see it implemented better. The data that it gives is what matters the most and handling this data could be implemented better and that's what I am hoping to see in the future. In the marketplace, there are many applications being used and those which are used very frequently I believe should be implemented in Cost Explorer right away because that is what people really need. I would like to get a better visualization with the data so sometimes I am using 3rd party software such as Tableau. Apart from that, AWS Trusted Advisor should be configured with AWS Cost Explorer so it would help customers to see the connection between their spending and best practices.

I am trying to track down the price problem in the company when Amazon Web Services are not executed nor utilized correctly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AWS Cost Explorer
AWS Cost Explorer review by Sherif W.
Sherif W.

"AWS Cost Explorer"

What do you like best?

You can get charts and reports about what you paid and in what as well as providing filtering on dates and on what did you use.

What do you dislike?

I think the UI could be made better as it have many details while it can be divided into more subpages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using it as you will keep track of what you are paying for as well as getting reports which is useful for payments or keeping track of budgets.

I'm using it to know the costs that I'm paying for by seeing the reports generated for each month or for duration and filtering for usage of running or storage.

What Cloud Cost Management solution do you use?

AWS Cost Explorer review by Vinh H.
Vinh H.

"Good tool to analyze all ongoing cost for services you are using on AWS"

What do you like best?

- Many filter options to allowing viewing cost by services, accounts, running hours and usage, monthly or daily

- The charts help visualize the trends of cost (increasing / decreasing)

- Allow saving reports filter so I don't need to set same filter next time

What do you dislike?

- Sometime getting errors when saving reports

- Only have 2 type of charts (bar and line). Better to have more

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool that shows you a detail view about your ongoing trending AWS cost, which helps you understand clearly and know how to fine-tune your service usages in AWS to make if more efficiency.

Im using it to have a better view of my company 's ongoing cost and its trend. It helps us to understand current situation of AWS usage in order to improve and optimize it.

AWS Cost Explorer review by Carlos L.
Carlos L.

"Very Useful"

What do you like best?

The ease of controlling the costs by separating by departments greatly helps the monthly control, the reports of that tool greatly help the financial team to define the accounting separation between the areas,

What do you dislike?

I believe it is possible to improve, add the separation of costs per service with in addition to tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Controlling your costs at AWS is essential to the success of your business.

The use of infra by service is an important way to speed up deliveries, but only with this tool is it possible to control and separate costs by area.

AWS Cost Explorer review by User

"AWS Cost Explorer from a student POV"

What do you like best?

I like that it gives me detailed information about the billing for different period of times, it also has a nice interactive dashboard stating all the used services - for how long and various rates.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, new services don't show up fast enough - so I may need to wait for a day or something until it's propagated through the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using AWS cost explorer for anyone using the AWS services and having a limited budget, as the dashboard is very user-friendly and provides limit alerts and information.

It provides me with up to date billing information which helps me managae my needs and usage of the various AWS services - most importantly the EC2 instances -.

AWS Cost Explorer review by Josue D.
Josue D.

"Great service but a little bit pricy"

What do you like best?

The customer service and the free trial for about a year. You can get a free space for a period of time unless you overpass the limit they give you.

What do you dislike?

Is kinda complicated to locate everything and to understand everything unless you are a programer

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to have a very good understanding of programming and coding languages, etc to use AWS

Hosting services for my startup.

AWS Cost Explorer review by Sara M.
Sara M.

"AWS Cost Explorer"

What do you like best?

Like all amazon companies, it is very efficient, concise and a great tool for all companies to use. Great customer service!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, it is a great tool, still learning new features, not a whole lot of new changes coming around which is a good thing

Great for keeping all aspects of our business in order, especially since we are in healthcare and it is a small business, so cost management etc is not our top priority all the time

AWS Cost Explorer review by Administrator

"Great overview, simple interface"

What do you like best?

Cost Explorer is great to see the cost of different components within our AWS infrastructure and services. Seeing the breakout by day and available filters made it very simple and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I would love to group services together so I can better isolate costs into groups (so I can better assign by client or platform).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to get lost when starting/stopping AWS resources. Use it early and often to stay in control of AWS footprint.

Understand our cost and run rates in our AWS environments. We were able to calculate daily run rates to better plan and forecast future costs.

AWS Cost Explorer review by Hubert L.
Hubert L.

"Easy to use, informative"

What do you like best?

Daily usage reports, and the ability to break down series by tags, instance type, reservation type, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike. Best cloud spend management there is.

Reducing total infrastructure spend - being able to see how costs change day to day really helps realize the impact of changes.

AWS Cost Explorer review by Consultant

"AWS Cost Explorer"

What do you like best?

The reporting style and metrics that able to be created from default reports. Deep dive with filtering functionality and forecasting

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to customize reports more or develop my own

Reviewing costs and usage reports have helped us to be able to understand cost trends so we can be more efficient and cost-effective

AWS Cost Explorer review by User in Internet

"AWS Cloud explorer"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface as well as feature rich

What do you dislike?

A bit detailing around cost controlling should be linked directly

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are 3rd party services or tools but this is good enough for early users

tracking and keeping cost under control

Learning about AWS Cost Explorer?

* We monitor all AWS Cost Explorer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.