Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

AWS Managed Services

(7 reviews)

AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of your AWS infrastructure so you can focus on your applications. By implementing best practices to maintain your infrastructure, AWS Managed Services helps to reduce your operational overhead and risk.

Work for AWS Managed Services?

Learning about AWS Managed Services?

AWS Managed Services Reviews

Showing 195 AWS Managed Services reviews
AWS Managed Services review by Sean P.
Sean P.

"Perfect Solution for Custom App Development"

What do you like best?

AWS is a cost-efficient platform that can do just about anything. We're using S3 in particular to host files that aren't getting a lot of direct traffic, which is just about free for us.

What do you dislike?

A lot of sites are hosted on AWS because of its popularity. Because of this, if there's an issue with AWS, a lot of the internet will feel the impact.

More practically, the pricing structure is extremely confusing. At one point, we almost didn't go with AWS because we thought the cost was going to be astronomical. In reality, our month to month cost is typically under $10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Cloud Storage

Azure Cloud Storage

We custom built a find a provider tool using AWS S3. Because of the flexibility of the tool, we were also able to integrate it directly with the site using Drupal migrations. We decided to custom build this tool over using a SaaS due to two concerns: pricing and lack of control over data. AWS filled both of those voids and we are expecting to have completely recouped costs about midway through our next fiscal year (about 12 months).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AWS Managed Services
AWS Managed Services review by Oscar P.
Oscar P.

"AWS Managed Services offers quality services"

What do you like best?

AWS Managed Services has helped us a lot in our company, we love being an active partner of AWS, since it helps us to offer technological solutions without the need to know a lot of technology, that's why we are delighted with the services offered.

Undoubtedly, whenever we can recommend AWS Managed Services, we do it without problems, we are very happy to have chosen your cloud services and managed solutions

What do you dislike?

At first the process is confusing for a person who does not know much about the AWS interface, I would improve that side a bit, since for me and my partners it was a bit confusing, it is one of the few things we do not like of AWS, from there, we are delighted with your services

Recommendations to others considering the product

If in your company what you do not want is to worry about managing the services of aws, I recommend contracting AWS Managed Services, it will be the best investment you can make for your company

We currently have more than 300 websites with more than 6 million visitors located throughout the world, it is a challenge to maintain and update the servers of those sites, that's why we decided to implement AWS as a strategic solution in our company

What Managed Services solution do you use?

AWS Managed Services review by Naman S.
Naman S.

"AWS Managed services"

What do you like best?

The aim is to help the big end of town migrate to the cloud, complete with the ITIL-compliant processes they need to preserve in order to feel confident about governance. The service can therefore work with preferred management tools and the policies they enforce, and cloudify them. You can choose which resources to assign to the AWS managed services team, which will then respond to any change requests you make. And also do the mucky stuff mentioned above, either at your beck and call or as a result of automation and/or machine learning to keep your corner of the cloud humming.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of this launch is that AWS is being told that governance issues are keeping big companies from jumping into the cloud. If these new services remove that objection, the vast application fleets of the Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 may be up for grabs and om-premises-focussed IT vendors have yet another, and starker, warning that it's going to get harder and harder to sell on-premises anything before too much time has passed

AWS Managed Services review by Rick B.
Rick B.

"Powerhouse Server Infrastructure & Rapid Deployment"

What do you like best?

The best part about AWS is the flexibility, scalability, and pricing. The speed to deployment is unmatched. I love being able to clone server images and deploy NODEs to scale up my infrastructure on the fly. We have been able to use multiple server deployments of Micro, Small, Medium and working up to Large Deployments. We have full control of these servers and have as many 18 Nodes at any one time.

What do you dislike?

AWS's dashboard takes some learning curve. Unless you are an AWS engineer, it does take a while to orient yourself to the system. However, once we get the platform down, it is super powerful. Also, I dislike the Security Infrastructure.AWS uses a mix of private keys, secure logins, and *.pem security files. Out of the box, almost everything is blocked and you have to learn the Security side before you can even get started with the Server Configuration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and a great scalable infrastructure.

Having a flexible and scalable infrastructure has helped our SaaS to grow while minimizing overhead and deployment contracts. This is a great way to scale our infrastructure.

AWS Managed Services review by Md Mehrab A.
Md Mehrab A.

"Build data platform using AWS"

What do you like best?

AWS is one shop where you can find almost all SAAS which you can use to build your services. So using AWS you mostly focus on writing business instead of hosting service required for your service and this save lots of time for developer.

Example.

If you want to build real time system ( actually NRT system) you can use AWS Kinesis Stream instead of hosting Kafka or RabbitMq and use AWS Lambda or ECS service to process it.

What do you dislike?

I used 13+ AWS Services. All services are satisfy our use case, reliable, available except few like AWS Kinesis Firehose (error on high number of put request), AWS Glue etc.

As we know for companies most valuable thing is Data. They use data to get business insights, trends, heat maps etc. We build data warehouse and data lake (or day data platform) using AWS and this platform this used inside company to get data driven decisions.

AWS Managed Services review by varsha p.
varsha p.

"AWS Managed Services -Best for Provisioning Management"

What do you like best?

AWS Managed Services conveys steady operations the board and unsurprising outcomes by following ITIL® best practices, and gives tooling and computerization to build effectiveness, and decrease your operational overhead and hazard.

What do you dislike?

There's no drawback to security on IaaS . Actually many will contend that the capacity to scramble, characterize have based departure entrance rules, and gathering frameworks gives far unrivaled controls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Main concern is that whether physical or virtualized foundation is suitable truly relies upon the points of interest of your utilization case.

With AWS Managed Services, we approach the information we are utilizing to deal with your framework, including Amazon S3 logs, CloudTrail logs, case logs, and constant information from the AWS Managed Services APIs. Moreover, your Cloud Service Delivery Manager will give a month to month rundown of key execution measurements, including operational exercises, occasions and their particular effect, and proposals to advance stage utilization.

AWS Managed Services review by Prasoon K.
Prasoon K.

"Excellent Service by Amazon"

What do you like best?

I love all the services offered by Amazon, especially EC2, S3, VPC, Application Load Balancer, Lambda etc. It is also allowing me to safeguard it from mad in the middle attack by providing encryption and 3rd party encryption options.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike but as a developer, I can request to make the development environment free on AWS services and keep charge only for the production and real-world use software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent product and helping all the developers and enterprise users to first try and then adopt it, which I like the most. It would be better if the cost for development purpose will be further down to 0.

We are not having in-house development and production size hardware and AWS is helping us to solve this big problem which in turn is saving $$ for us.

AWS Managed Services review by Rob A.
Rob A.

"AWS gets the job down"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to scale my projects using AWS without needing to worry about skyrocketing costs

What do you dislike?

using the AWS infrastructure can be a little daunting if you are not familiar or technically natured.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take the time to fully learn as much as you can about the product. You can quickly become frustrated by all of the data and options available to you using the AWS system. If you are not technical you should use a 3rd party to help you implement AWS into all of your current systems to get the most benefit from using

I have switched all of my long term storage as well as notification emails over to the AWS system which has given me security knowing how it will continue to work.

AWS Managed Services review by Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.

"Only AWS There Is"

What do you like best?

AWS is a soup-to-nuts platform that integrates easy with other products. It's an industry-leading product and is helpful to our entire team (the Customer Support widget is bar none, and it allows us to not have to visit our manager in the interim). I also like how I can login on the cloud without any issues. I was often disrupted with other products, but not with AWS. The company chose to go with AWS after looking for a stable, robust platform to use. I love that we can also work together in the platform and it has multiple uses for different levels of employees and leadership.

What do you dislike?

AWS is a one-stop shop, and can be difficult to plus in with other products. The product is not as visually appealing as other products I've used on the market. There can be a learning curve, but again, it's not as difficult to use as other products on the web.

Recommendations to others considering the product

JIRA.

Customer support is key, and Bezos' mission to put the customer first aligns well with ours. I like how simple the product is to use, where others required serious training, and put the company weeks behind in change management.

AWS Managed Services review by Allen W.
Allen W.

"Nice setup and pretty good use and structure. "

What do you like best?

You only have to pay for what you are actually using. The S3 storage is super reliable. It works well with other applications! It has a super clean user interface and is great to organize. It's pretty simple to understand after an effective introduction and know how of the system.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a little steeper than I would have expected and there is a slight learning curve, but once you've got it, you're good to go. Not all of the services are yet available across all of the regions, at least from what I've been able to determine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AWS would be perfect for a small to mid size startup that doesn't want to put up a ton of money for IT infrastructure. It's not for someone just wanting to host a small website, since there are much cheaper alternatives for that. It is very easy to spend more than expected.

From start to finish delivering services to clientele and potential clients across multiple regions.

Amazon Web Services had helped me create a virtual machine for running Linux so availability, security, reliability, and cost factors are all accounted for. I use S3 Storage, which, after learning how to use, has been extremely helpful! It's great for sending bulk emails and also continual integration of software development.

AWS Managed Services review by Harun B.
Harun B.

"AWS is quickly becoming a competitor for future business ventures"

What do you like best?

To start, there are a few useful features to the AWS service with the primary component stemming from the AWS cloud lines that can get data in a snap when requested. Also, the connectivity to the AWS servers is smooth and can be of use when voice over is in use.

What do you dislike?

The formality that AWS integrated systems can store and share data procured during SQL requests and any other interaction between the user and the system lets alerts go off in my mind that in this day and age data sharing is a gold mine for 3rd parties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many recommendations to it with the main stemming from the AWS servers it uses. There will be a lot more noise made by AWS in the coming years if the company advances as it has been in the past.

The intranet/conference call is enhanced by using the AWS powered service system. Also, by using AWS solutions, the system is then set like an AI by learning the business scope and re-applying it to future ventures when it deems the related project of similar interest.

AWS Managed Services review by Linda S.
Linda S.

"I Wish I Had More Time To PROGRAM Alexa!"

What do you like best?

Last time I logged into AWS, I remember trying to build my first Alexa app. Pet Sit. I actually managed to add in the morning and afternoon routines for both my cats! I know I am capable of writing in whatever computer language that programs Alexa. My problem is, I have 3 jobs, and I also run an entire household without a car, so naturally I am very busy! For some one without a regular job.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact I failed to get that Alexa code up-and-running! Not being a computer science major, I just know some Java, HTML5, CSS3, and a bit of JavaScript. I’m more of an Adobe CS multi-media artist. I excel in Illustrator and PhotoShop, but the subscription is “speedy”.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be willing to take Webinars to learn to program in Alexa. It’s not that hard. I know that, as a woman with coding experience, I am capable of programming Alexa. My biggest problem is TIME. As in, I have too many irons in the fire!

I can telll the Pet Sitter how to care for YaHabibi and Tippy. Alexa doesn’t distinguish between voices! She responded to my (now ex) boyfriend’s voice, too! Surprise! Gee, I would love to have the TIME to program Alexa. Heck; there’s e-Courses and Webinars. But I have to pick and choose. Too much scattershot does not make me wealthy. I need to EARN MORE MONEY.

AWS Managed Services review by Jinendra D.
Jinendra D.

"AWS- Pay As You Go"

What do you like best?

We adopt AWS Cloud services at our organization, It's very Cost saving for example if you talk on premises network we required physical servers, maintenance of that server, backup & storage so we need to hire third party company or resources, then electricity cost for the all network infrastructure. It is very high cost compare to cloud services. AWS will take care of all this so we no need to worry about our data backup and all things. Only pay whatever we use this feature is really awesome. With the help of AWS I can deploy instance in few minutes. Even AWS managed services provide very well management of Security with anti malware protections, instructions detection & prevention.

What do you dislike?

AWS is actually little bit expensive as compared to Google cloud platform (GCP) . After that it's all OK about AWS sevices as compare to GCP Amazon have more cloud services.

Within a minute AWS ec2 instance deployed with the help of AMI and ready to use. Adopting AWS services we get lots of benefits like cost save, time save and improve our productivity. We never face any connectivity issue till now touch wood. I just want to say...USE IT!!!

We are very happy to using AWS services.

AWS Managed Services review by Michel S. L.
Michel S. L.

"AWS "

What do you like best?

It is linked to your amazon account so that makes logging in easy - I really like that a lot it is so convenient and it amazes me that more companies do not offer this option. Having to manage several accounts and passwords is a bit of a pain.

What do you dislike?

navigating is difficult, the tutorials which are not written by amazon people are misleading - but they allow you to practice at the same time. I didn't like that some of the pricing was opaque vs. transparent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

be aware of the pricing and where they might get you on little things as they did me. A call to customer service cleared it up but it still took up time to make that call.

shut off your free trial if you are not using it and do it well before it expires.

Storage on demand when we ran out, critical skills for managing in the cloud which is what everyone is moving to.

"AWS is the best"

What do you like best?

I mostly use their EC2 and relational database managed services, and they're super easy to use whether you're a linux systems admin God or a newbie. I'm somewhere in the middle and find everything natural to set up, their portal/dashboards are great, billing is great, etc.

What do you dislike?

I think since Amazon is doing such a great job adding new services/products, that sometimes it's hard to keep up with what all the services do and the problems that they solve. It's almost too much of a good thing, so can't really complain about that too much. They've done a great job for putting so much on the web portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a lot to learn, but our company and myself got a ton of value out of the AWS Reinvent Conference. I learned a lot about new up and coming services/products.

At work, our team mostly uses their Aurora and Redshift services. I know our IT manager has mentioned how much easier and flexible it was moving our production database over to AWS and how much cheaper it is. Our system admins love how much easier their jobs are when we need to rescale, and they don't have to do all-nighters anymore. I think Redshift has really kicked up our reporting services.

Sometimes for my own freelancing work, I setup small linux EC2 clusters to host webservers, but honestly, I find Digital Ocean to be simpler for configuring a little headless linux bos.

AWS Managed Services review by Kelly B.
Kelly B.

"AWS - Amazon beating the market competition once again!"

What do you like best?

With AWS - you can definitely reduce the cost of your services by 40%. There's so much that AWS offers for services that you can get the job done without paying the extra money to companies.

What do you dislike?

What I definitely dislike about AWS is the interface of the system. There's sooo many options it becomes complicated to figure out where you need to go and what to use. It can easily be mistaken for being in a different category while looking for something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IF you are still considering switching to AWS, I would like to ask you to pull the trigger. Since you know what AWS already is, I assume you understand how to manage website resources. The only thing I would advise you is to make sure you understand the UI and where each item is. For some of the members on my team, I had to outsource somewhere else because AWS can be confusing if you do not fully 100% understand where everything is.

The business problems I was solving with AWS is cost. Money is everything when you run online services. If you're more than tech savy and run more than 3 websites for profit, AWS is the solution you want to save yourself more money while profiting more! There's no better service out there!

AWS Managed Services review by User

"M2E and AWS Synchronization is Not Seamless"

What do you like best?

The ad hoc reporting is a nice feature, and being able to update product details and review at the item level. The inventory and catalog dashboards have a user-friendly UI and make it easy to review current listing and mass upload new listing.

What do you dislike?

We have had constant complications with syncing our data accurately. For example, parent-child relationships and inventory control. Also, there is constant product suppression, even for products it doesn't make sense for...

Recommendations to others considering the product

There needs to be an easier integration with M2E. Also, the suppression criteria seems like a bot is crawling listings, and making false resumptions and suppresses listing, then once reviewed pass the listing criteria. It is very frustrating to manage as merchant and seller.

We are able to optimize business performance through cross-channel retailing. For certain categories, we perform higher on Amazon than on our site, that AWS helps fill those gaps.

AWS Managed Services review by Hayley G.
Hayley G.

"Great company to work with"

What do you like best?

It's great that Amazon is now doing the patch management, monitoring, security, backup, operational process and so on that you need for your cloud. Things that you'd need to hire internal talent to do, can now be hired the same way as you "rent" infrastructure, cloud, etc. It is a real convenience and a win for companies that don't have that talent in-house - or don't want to hire it.

What do you dislike?

I would say the price is higher than average, though you do get what you pay for. They do have top-notch people working for them.

The nice thing here is our cloud needs can be taken care of from end to end - consulting, architectonic, server maintenance, monitoring, even just rebooting the computer, all of that is done with AWS Managed Services. It's a very nice service to have your own IT crew working for you.

AWS Managed Services review by Joe R.
Joe R.

"Managing AWS Through a Dedicated Self-Service Console"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to use and apply AWS security best practices to our infrastructure and the ability to configure default AWS security capabilities, such as Identity and Access Management (IAM) roles and EC2 security groups.

What do you dislike?

The cost for services could be priced a little better for Small Businesses with limited budgets

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it for a test ride first and look for the specific solutions that fit your enterprise. Also, record how the updates add value to the reasons you are trying and/or have purchase the managed services.

The biggest problems are managing access management and the ability to remove the complexity of managing multiple authentication mechanisms.

AWS Managed Services review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Having a single place that is backed up at all times to store all of my web assets is a great luxury, and something that every developer should think about trying out.

What do you dislike?

It could be easier to use, and the pricing could be adjusted a bit. It is definitely one of the cheaper options our there (from my research), but that doesn't necessarily mean it is affordable to those trying to make ends meet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're skeptical, check out the free trials. I believe they still have a 12-month free trial so there is no reason to say no!

I used to have all of my web assets stored on a local drive that would always stay on (mac mini), but after crashing once I realized that I should be move everything over to another entity who is better at it than myself.

AWS Managed Services review by Venkat K.
Venkat K.

"Used 6-8 AWS services"

What do you like best?

Can use multiple services with ease.

Good support and options.

Wide functionalities.

Great to use because can increase or decrease the services enablement depending upon your traffic

What do you dislike?

There will be some learning curve involved when someone new is going to use any of the AWS services. Even though there is clear documentation being developed for this, to be used in existing systems AWS requires a significant amount of time.

I am currently using AWS for database storage, security purposes for the application, lamba service for hosting the website. The benefits are the features of robustness and ease of use once you get to know everything

AWS Managed Services review by Hiren D.
Hiren D.

"AWS - The Market Leader! "

What do you like best?

- Accessibility. It's really simple - you get your own virtual machine instance. Enables you to deliver demos to stakeholders whenever and wherever necessary.

- Complete control and ability to enable/disable capabilities on a need basis.

- Reduced cost of managing services.

- Security, Scalability and Stability.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with this product but the licensing can be expensive and also it restricts your ability to reserve an instances and upgrade at a later point of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- AWS is an excellent solution for remote hosting of virtual machines.

- Enables teams across the Globe present Product demos to Stakeholders.

- Less cost compared to other Cloud platforms available.

- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) & Infrastructure Management.

- Migrating our applications to AWS could based system.

- Computational abilities for hosting our web service apps.

- Change Management.

AWS Managed Services review by Pablo M.
Pablo M.

"It delivers what it promisses"

What do you like best?

It's the easiest interface comparing to other providers, at least easiest for technical people. It has a very good interface that let you know where you need to tune the parameters to achieve what you need to your scenario. Most of the features a very easy to find, and you have the possibility to replicate the setup for other deployments easily.

What do you dislike?

The cost may be better when using some resources like GPU computation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it with the free option they provide, and you will see the power of using it.

Creating servers to run SAAS that I've built. It's reliable, and I have needed the backups sometimes, and that kind of snapshots helps a lot. Also it's very easy to create those snapshots and use them, the interface don't make us lost when using this product in anyway.

AWS Managed Services review by Zohaib A.
Zohaib A.

"An amazing service for those who need substantial and reliable computing power"

What do you like best?

Getting AWS was one of the best decision we made our startup company, it offered us to get things done more quickly when trying multiple iterations of our 3d renders for our presentations with our partners so we could focus more on the creative side of the process (pun intended).

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as it only helped us whenever we were in a hurry (or hungry) for some computational power!

Recommendations to others considering the product

please do try the ec3 services offered by AW as it will help you get your renders out more quickly and iterate as fast as possible when working on your projects

It greatly reduced our headaches as their web services were able to offer us great computing power for rendering our graphic quickly and just in time so we could present them to our partners

AWS Managed Services review by Tyler L.
Tyler L.

"Managed cloud services"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and control of the platform is of the best in the industry. Full control and ability to enable/disable certain functions and capabilities on an as needed basis allow AWS to surpass and succeed over the competition.

What do you dislike?

The UI could use some work, but there is not much to dislike with AWS

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement services in a timely fashion to make full use of the platform.

We have ultimately reduced the cost to maintain and run our environment in regards to hardware costs and upgrades. Making AWS a no-brainer for any IT Professional.

AWS Managed Services review by User

"Makes mac and pc life easier"

What do you like best?

There are certain programs I don't have access to running on my macbook pro. Using AWS gives me the ability to still utilize those programs to grow my business. It's not expensive and can be set up quickly.

What do you dislike?

It can be quite confusing to learn and a bit sluggish depending on how much you're looking to invest. If you aren't trained in coding or back end stuff, it can be confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simplified way to access primarily Windows based software, AWS is perfect. You can still work from anywhere while also having access to all of your software.

AWS allows me to run programs that I typically don't have access to without paying the extra cost of buying another computer.

AWS Managed Services review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Great if you have someone who is knowledgeable "

What do you like best?

It allows you to have an affordable environment to build anything you want for you business.

What do you dislike?

AWS is so advanced and customizable that it was way over my head. I am also not a developer so when I signed up I immediately knew I needed to hire someone with my expertise than me. Ever since that hire it has been great.

We use AWS to host all our websites and we used to build out a custom VOIP system.

AWS Managed Services review by David S.
David S.

"AWS for development"

What do you like best?

AWS provides many solutions to the wild west of hosting, development, and progress. It's a vast system, but Amazon provides great pricing and lots of help in perfecting the system they built.

What do you dislike?

It is very overwhelming to start with AWS because there are so many options in their menus. There is a huge learning curve but once you get familiar with the system, at least the small portion that you work with, the more powerful the application becomes.

We work with many different solutions, but currently we do a mix of developing an Alexa skill, managing the progress, and hosting some of our streams to reach an international audience for our radio listeners.

AWS Managed Services review by User

"We use AWS for work and it's excellent"

What do you like best?

All our reports, statements, and invoices are in one secure, easy to use system. It's always available online, speedy, and has instant update capabilities, no matter where our employees are using it from. Our reports are available to agents ahead of time, which means I can track my budget and pay in advance, and all reports are automatically generated, which saves having to pay someone to manually do it.

What do you dislike?

There's very little to dislike about the system. Always available, efficient, secure... AWS is great! I would easily recommend AWS services to my colleagues if they weren't already using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it

Efficiency, speed, higher levels of productivity, and faster service for our clients.

"About AWS"

What do you like best?

AWS's IAM gives a best way to login to the services anywhere anytime.

AWS's IAM gives a best way to login to the services anywhere anytime.

What do you dislike?

Sometime its all web based, making it slow.

Sometime its all web based, making it slow.

Best Project Management I have ever used.

AWS Managed Services review by Yongming D.
Yongming D.

"AWS still be my most favorite Cloud service."

What do you like best?

As the oldest Cloud computer service provider, AWS has been with us for a long time, Flexible and most powerfull

What do you dislike?

Not good enough in China, although I know this is not due to AWS itself. So in China, I will just need to choose to use Aliyun or HuaweiCloud as alternative.

Online services running on AWS provide user flexibility and auto scalable ability, which saved a lot of hareware expences and with a better result.

AWS Managed Services review by User

"Too Corporate of a service "

What do you like best?

There were a lot of options and it was very customizable.

What do you dislike?

It was impossible to speak to someone and get any answers. Everything is so automated because it's such a huge company. It didn't feel personal enough for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest doing your research. If you are familiar with web hosting and data storage, this might be the right service for you. If you don't know much about the cloud, I suggest going with a smaller service that has better customer service. You'll want to be able to speak with someone when you have questions or problems and AWS is not good for that at all. It's very difficult to get ahold of anyone and you're often left feeling like your only resource for help is their FAQ page which isn't what you want in this industry.

It's helped with data storage, content sharing, and sharing across servers. It's cost efficient as well.

AWS Managed Services review by Administrator

"AWS - Remote hosting for virtual machines for sales demos"

What do you like best?

Ease of access. Everyone on my team is able to get into their own virtual machine instance from anywhere in the world with an internet connection - and not even a robust one. Enables them to deliver demos to clients whenever and wherever necessary.

What do you dislike?

If not accessing the instance from the installed client, the web browser is a bit glitchy and frequently logs you out. However with the client installed this is not an issue at all and the system is much more stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent and highly stable solution for remote hosting of virtual machines. Effectively enables teams around the world (US, Latin America, Canada, Europe, Middle East, Turkey, Asia, Japan, Australia, Africa) to deliver targeted demos to clients and significantly increases their effectiveness and ability to sell.

While this system is very effective and user friendly, it is important to download and install the client, otherwise there is some difficulty in effectively using the solution.

There are occasional network difficulties in getting a connection to the AWS servers, but I have never had this last for more than 15 minutes before I've been able to get in and utilize the system.

Previously we had used physical external hard drives with virtual machines larger than 75gb to deliver sales demos to clients. Now without any additional storage on our rep's laptops they've able to access and demo their very own virtual machine instance, using only an internet connection.

AWS Managed Services review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"AWS - the best platform "

What do you like best?

With the help of AWS services we can do the tasks very easily. No worry to maintain a physical server which is very expensive as compared to AWS services. Pay as per the use, example if you hit the server twice in a day then pay accordingly not like traditional servers. It is ready made solutions for almost the types of service.

What do you dislike?

Although it is very difficult to tell about it, but still it requires a lot of changes from UI Prospective. It should be more user friendly compared to Google Cloud or traditional server systems. Sometimes aws support guys too much of time to resolve queries which should be avoided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I will highly recommend this beautiful AWS products to all my friends and colleagues. And on top of it I will also try to use it for smaller projects also because it is less expensive as compared to Google Cloud, Azure or other services. From a security and access perspective, the more control you have over the applications that have access to critical data, the less likelihood of security breach and your data will be in safe hands which is great.

We are working with cloud base platform. We are basically handling the Cloud Data into a single platform where users can upload the data, retrieve the data, manipulation of data, providing access to others about their data, can perform different queries on the data.

AWS Managed Services review by Sandeep D.
Sandeep D.

"AWS Elasticsearch - Managed Service"

What do you like best?

Easy to build - Extremely easy to spin up an Elasticsearch cluster. It only takes few minutes and you are already up and running.

High Availability - The cluster in available all the time no matter what.

What do you dislike?

Dislike that fact that AWS offers much older version of ES than the current one in market. Also, you have less control on configuration and tuning the cluster.

We were able to quickly solve the problem of bringing the data quickly into the Elasticsearch cluster and be able to present it the Data Analysts and other teams so they can start working on most recent data asap. We did this using Kinesis Streams and Firehose.

"AWS managedservices review"

What do you like best?

An easy and flexible database system that fulfills many requirements and helps with many tasks at work. A cheap yet efficient way to get more work done in less time. Used to upload, save, and share stored files over a cloud network that s secure. The best part is the data that is stored can also be manipulated and analyzed to fulfill many different purposes whenever necessary.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be difficult to navigate and I think it can be improved to be easier and accessible to use for anybody. In respect to the UI, it can definitely use more improvement, but this is just a small problem, considering how helpful the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

improvement of the software to make it more user-friendly.

Using the system to upload, save and store data and files on the cloud so that it can be accessed by anyone, in a secure network.

AWS Managed Services review by Timothy M.
Timothy M.

"Solid AWS cloud infrastructure management service"

What do you like best?

AWS does provide API for all web services ( a benefit to the end user). Additionally implementation can be a very fast process.

What do you dislike?

AWS is higher priced than similar services like azure. AWS is plagued by frequent outages causing unnecessary downtime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all services for this need, weigh the benefits of being on a large cloud network leader like AWS.

AWS managed services has provided a benefit of easy cloud integration.

AWS Managed Services review by Robbie B.
Robbie B.

"AWS Managed Service Review"

What do you like best?

Amazon has been extremely efficient from a sales and RoAS perspective for our team since taking them on compared to other DR channels

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the lack of visibility into granular actions/options for managed service can be frustrating, but setting expectations that final performance is our primary focus usually helps

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define goals as clearly as possible from the outset. As with other digital activations, focusing on primary KPI's throughout campaigns ensures the best opportunity for success

Benefits are all around RoAS efficiency. Creating an opportunity to capture existing demand on a popular shopping platform rather than diverting potential customers away from the places they're already shopping has been benefitial

AWS Managed Services review by Jeremiah K.
Jeremiah K.

"Fantastic Product for Remote Work"

What do you like best?

I like that it connects from any computer to allow me to access my workspace and complete the work I need to do.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything specific I dislike. Sometimes it disconnects me from my office server, but I'm not sure if that's an AWS thing or an office server thing.

It has allowed me to work from home in Idaho, while our business operations are located in Southern California.

AWS Managed Services review by Bryan (Daejin) K.
Bryan (Daejin) K.

"AWS Rocks"

What do you like best?

I like how it keeps a centralized database for all potentially confidential files that would normally be saved on a local desktop/laptop disk.

What do you dislike?

I always run into issues with VPN'ing from the AWS. Sometimes I need to access the intranet, and that can be challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use for security and accessibility.

I use it primarily as a windows solution on a mac because our IT department does not like Parallel or Bootcamp due to security concerns. However, I am no longer using it because I setup a local desktop to remote into. This made it a lot easier for the VPN issue I was experiencing.

AWS Managed Services review by David R.
David R.

"Using AWS for storage"

What do you like best?

I am pleased by the ease and convenience of setting up a AWS system for storage.

What do you dislike?

Even if you are signing up for a free plan, you still have to enter a credit card number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, stability and service, you can't beat it.

We record calls from our support center, security center and other key functions. These calls are stored in AWS for us to review.

AWS Managed Services review by Ranjeesh Y.
Ranjeesh Y.

"Easy once you understand"

What do you like best?

The Price and Easy to manage mutliple sites on one server

What do you dislike?

The additional charge for expanding and trying everything

Recommendations to others considering the product

AWS hosting costed me a lot less than hosting it one a host provider.

Finding a cheaper host for all the low traffic sites that I host. Hosting on a hosting provider was costing a lot per year vs hosting on the t2.micro AWS server (> 60% savings)

AWS Managed Services review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"The best of the best Public cloud provider"

What do you like best?

I have been working on AWS services for an almost a decade now. There is not even a single problem which AWS folks have not solved it for you! The number of new features and services they add in the last two years are massive! Probably no IT company has done it before. They are providing the true cloud experience to the customers. May it be DB services, serverless services, storage services, and the list goes on and on and on.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it becomes very tricky to decide which services to use. Few services are overlapping.

Delivered a fully managed e-commerce on AWS

AWS Managed Services review by User in Financial Services

"Awesome AWS"

What do you like best?

AWS maintains infrastructure and reduces risk. AWS holds our entire database, which includes over 25 years worth of data. While not a direct reason, because we made the switch to AWS, we have been able to move to a smaller office space because we are not longer dependent on a space that includes a server closet.

What do you dislike?

Because we have a large amount of data, constantly uploading and downloading, our monthly fee isn't a set amount, but instead fluctuates up and down each month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is less appropriate for independent developers or remote work due to the lack of integration with VCS solutions such as Azure has.

We used to be tied to a server located in our office. Access was limited and we were constantly crashing, due to software updates or other items. It is easy to use and affordable.

AWS Managed Services review by User in Higher Education

"Startup to Million Dollar Company: AWS got your back"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about AWS is that everything is accessible via a simple click. I can spin up multiple servers in a single click. Plus you can automate starting and terminating the servers. With this, I have achieved so much in building machine learning applications.

What do you dislike?

Well, I don't dislike anything. But yes, I believe documentation is not engaging for the user. It can improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it

Machine Learning Applications, mainly. EMR is really handy when I want to run some training on my data. It's fast and I can access the big cluster for it whenever I want.

AWS Managed Services review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"AWS - the best and comprehensive"

What do you like best?

A great selection of product features, including add-ons from third parties.Great choice of APIs. Strong security. Can choose servers for both Windows and Linux OS. Comprehensive server support.

What do you dislike?

With the richness of features, there can be too many configurations to set up, making the overall implementation a difficult one to maintain moving forward. It could lead to difficulties in estimating costs because of so many potential structures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please determine the platform first because the potential choices could be overwhelming

Primary cloud services we use are the Storage & Content Delivery & Databases - we are also using the Management Tools and security. It has shifted a large portion of our premise-based configuration to a way more easily managed cloud based one. We have many distributed sales teams that are able to access content more readily.

AWS Managed Services review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"AWS not for the average developer"

What do you like best?

AWS is powerful if you know how to manage your usage and anticipate your peek times. Cost effectiveness pays out in the long term for enterprise level usage.

What do you dislike?

It's not for your average developer. If you don't know what you're doing, it can actually cost you more time and money than if you were to just jump on a godaddy server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to find a suitable consultant who knows how to properly manage this system or costs could run away from you.

Currently, our CMS team at my current company is using AWS. For a company that runs on a tight ship, AWS allows our engineering team to squeeze out as much power as needed without having waste, which equates to profits for us at the end of the day.

AWS Managed Services review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Great cloud storage system "

What do you like best?

I like the organization in the AWS. We download our documents to be downloaded by our customers and presentations that are password protected.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that i found that I disliked. This is pretty easy to use, I probably use it less than I should.

Cloud storage and ease of downloading documents and/or presentations

AWS Managed Services review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Great and easy to use- AWS!"

What do you like best?

Awesome data storage, can easily contain the entire company database. Can do away with the server room since that space is no longer needed. Reliable and can really save a company a lot of money.

What do you dislike?

For a larger company could see needed to set specific people to just work AWS administration migration, etc. Also the price always changing because what data add/ removed, a set price per month could be more helpful for budgeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, the money you save will make it all worth it, add in the ease and usability, its a no brainier.

Moved the entire company database to AWS. Now easy and no longer always worried about a server going down. Relief is now so close, look to AWS and you have it.

AWS Managed Services review by User in Computer Software

"AWS is awesome"

What do you like best?

High Availability, Dynamic Capacity planning, Cloud Watch. It's one of the best cloud services available.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. I believe it has all the right tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend people to use AWS. Also recommend them to look at Cloud Watch or Sumo Logic which runs on AWS. Sumo logic is a log management tool which has awesome Anomaly Detection capabilities. And given the power of AWS it scales very well too.

It allows for dynamic capacity planning. We utilize AWS for running our services with high availability.

Learning about AWS Managed Services?

* We monitor all AWS Managed Services reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.