AWS Mobile Hub

AWS Mobile Hub lets you easily add and configure features for your mobile apps, including user authentication, data storage, backend logic, push notifications, content delivery, and analytics.

Work for AWS Mobile Hub?

Learning about AWS Mobile Hub?

AWS Mobile Hub Reviews

Showing 10 AWS Mobile Hub reviews
AWS Mobile Hub review by <span>Rajdeep S.</span>
Rajdeep S.

"AWS Mobile HUB helps in building and testing the mobile apps effectively"

What do you like best?

What I like about AWS Mobile Hub is that it is a complete end to end package for progressing with the development including configuration, app build, test environment and app monitoring. It offers cloud based storage for app data and has an inbuilt content delivery program for setting up the storage in form of resource files, audio files and video files. It can also be used for validation of the in-app purchases made by the users. Thus, it is pretty easy to store the user data like pics and video files in the AWS cloud itself.

What do you dislike?

AWS Mobile Hub still lags behind Parse and Urban Airship when it comes to the push notifications and needs improvement. The sync up between AWS Mobile Hub and Google Cloud messaging hasn’t been that great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be easily configured within 20-30 minutes only and is a suitable product for mobile development services.

The best feature is that it has a completely feature oriented console which has all the features like Software development kit, web services and the proposed client code. It will automatically create the source package for me and will give access to all the links and documents which I would need to set up the complete app phase. User sign is made simple enough by providing options such as Facebook and Amazon login to continue using the console and verifying the user identity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AWS Mobile Hub
AWS Mobile Hub review by <span>Laurent R.</span>
Laurent R.

"AWS Mobile hub is great to get started! "

What do you like best?

I like AWS Mobile Hub since I am used to using Amazon products, I know that Amazon is reliable with their services, and I can use services that I am accustomed to using with web technologies, such as AWS Lambda. AWS Mobile Hub also gets you started with starter project if you are not integrating it in a brand new project.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike anything right now, but I guess one downside is that it is not yet a popular service for mobile apps, especially for push notifications. Most developers are more used to using push notifications services like Urban Airship, Parse (RIP Parse).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If someone were to ask me should I get started with AWS Mobile Hub, my answer would be a definite yes. There is a tremendous up side to using Amazon, since it has been reliable for years in the web and server space.

We add logic with AWS Lambda and send push notifications with Amazon Simple Notification Service.

What Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) solution do you use?

AWS Mobile Hub review by <span>Alex S.</span>
Alex S.

"AWS Mobile Hub Review"

What do you like best?

All in one package for testing our companies mobile apps.

Most us our mobile apps users are iPhone and a handful of Android and other testing apps like xcode doesn't come with that support. Love the application sign in feature, makes things very easy for me.

What do you dislike?

Since it was released in 2015 not many support documents online compared to the other vendors providing mobile testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already using AWS for other services especially your storage this is the best product to use. You will make things easier for the develops.

Testing and deploying mobile apps for our sales force.

We use a proprietary software for our industry, I have tried to use other testing apps and ended up spending more and work around to get the testing done.

Also the being able to use our AWS cloud storage via Mobile Hub makes everything for us and the developing team a lot easier.

AWS Mobile Hub review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best Mobile app development service"

What do you like best?

There are some awesome pros of using AWS mobile hub:

- Quick and reliable cloud servers

- Scalability

- Easy management

- Low cost

- Auto-scaling

- Reliable

- Free tier

- Easy management, scalability

Also its market leader and backed by amazon itself.

What do you dislike?

Here are some of the drawbacks I found about the product:

- The customser support is not so good when you really need it

- It doesnt not support angular frameword.

- JSON format is not supported

- Extremely poor CPU performance

Recommendations to others considering the product

AWS Mobile Hub is the best product available in its domain. I would say that you do not need to think twice before start using this product.

We are working towards scaling the mobile development pratform. Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) service offers flexibility and a wide range of EC2 instance types to choose from. It gives us the option to customize operating systems, network and security settings, and the entire software stack, but we are responsible for provisioning capacity, monitoring fleet health and performance, and using Availability Zones for fault tolerance.

All in all AWS Mobile gives us the tools to rapidly configure and integrate the cloud backend your mobile app needs.

AWS Mobile Hub review by <span>Harsha H.</span>
Harsha H.

"The best suite to build and test mobile apps"

What do you like best?

Amazon Mobile Analytics is one of the best analytics software out there and its free too. The best part of Mobile Hub is the full suite that allows you to use whatever you need be it adding social logins or push with one click.

What do you dislike?

Commodity pricing can be a bit of a daunting task when you are dealing with a lot of stuff like cognito , S3 or lambda and you need to keep all of them in check. Which can be a bit frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands down the best suite that a Mobile developer can get.

We are building Yeow an app that allows you to monitor your site for downtime and we have been able to add new features as well as test existing ones easily and in one place. How cool is that.? :)

AWS Mobile Hub review by <span>Michael R.</span>
Michael R.

"AWS Mobile Hub - Great starting point for amateur mobile app developers"

What do you like best?

Pricing is based on what components you are actively using. Interface is easy to use, friendly and clean. Development learning curve is not terrible for a power user.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve for inexperienced programmers, price can become an issue for resource intensive apps. Still requires an apple license to launch to the Apple App store.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better, pricer options available for simple app development however AWS Mobile Hub allows for quick and easy development of simple applications for the layperson.

I am currently looking at creating a mobile interface to the open source EMR software "OpenEMR". AWS mobile hub was my first choice as it allows for a easy to use design platform that doesn't require a true backend infrastructure to be in place and allows for easy testing on both my iPhone and samsung tablet.

Learning about AWS Mobile Hub?

* We monitor all AWS Mobile Hub reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.