AWS Storage Gateway

AWS Storage Gateway is a service that connect an on-premises software appliance with cloud-based storage to provide seamless and secure integration between an organizations on-premises IT environment and AWS's storage infrastructure.

Work for AWS Storage Gateway?

Learning about AWS Storage Gateway?

AWS Storage Gateway Reviews

Ask AWS Storage Gateway a Question
Showing 11 AWS Storage Gateway reviews
AWS Storage Gateway review by Minesh S.
Minesh S.

"it can manage cloud storage backup and recovery automatically!"

What do you like best?

i have been using it for 1-2 years , as our business grows in size we need large amount of storage on cloud as well to allow your application to run smoothly and we also need to ensure data is backed up and secure , so to do these task manually takes lots of time and lots of efforts and for which we need to invest huge amount too , AWS storage gateway will clear all these huddels by automating these tasks , so that you can buy more storage without any worry it can be easily handled by AWS Storage gateway , so thus how all your data are managed and backed up securely !

What do you dislike?

it's hard to implement , it's highly automated and less customizable , quality of support is not so good!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's one of the best service to make you application scale able automatically and securely , and it's very easy to use any kind of backup strategy using AWS Storage Gateway!

we use it to manage and backup data storage with it!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AWS Storage Gateway
AWS Storage Gateway review by Casey G.
Casey G.

"Cloud Storage"

What do you like best?

It is like icloud but easier to use in a work setting and more reliable than icloud. Better for business use rather than personal use. If you are a usual amazon user, this platform is enjoyable and easy to use. This platform connects to all other Amazon platforms such as Amazon s3 EBS, etc.

What do you dislike?

It is not directly connected to the current platforms we use in the workplace. Sometimes the buffering process takes time to load documents and data, but that is with any type of storage platform or site. meta data stored on s3 cannot be mapped across different protocols.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend. We even uploaded images and pulled them from s3 for our Etsy site.

Out of all the platforms I have used in each job, Amazon S3 has the best plan for data protection, recovery, migration, etc. When data or files are lost, it can be detrimental to all aspects of the company, we do not have to worry about this happening with our data stored in Amazon S3.

What Hybrid Cloud Storage solution do you use?

AWS Storage Gateway review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Super simple and Reliable"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up and access our data. I also love knowing our data is safe.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit less user-friendly than I prefer, but once I got my head around it it seems to work well. It's probably more me than Amazon.

Reliable Storage of Data for Fast Access.

AWS Storage Gateway review by Mallikarjuna D.
Mallikarjuna D.

"My best experience with AWS"

What do you like best?

Flexible and AWS enables you to select the operating system programming language and web applications and also it will give virtual environment that lets us load software and services

What do you dislike?

AWS is very sophisticated horizontal could and very flexible to extend it for business needs and its very flexible to store and retrive the data

It’s very innovative and advance cloud service to handle the huge amount of data

AWS Storage Gateway review by Dong Gun (Eric) A.
Dong Gun (Eric) A.

"Safe, secure, and reliable"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the system. It is quick to grasp and so useful for a company with large number of fiels to store.

What do you dislike?

the pricing is iffy. I wish it was cheaper and allows us to want it more than building our own servers but understandable.

Storing files, data and more into the cloud for safe, secure, and reliable storage.

AWS Storage Gateway review by Thomas (Bart) Y.
Thomas (Bart) Y.

"Great product, exponential competition"

What do you like best?

The AWS storage gateway has really set itself apart from the competition. They have now capitalized and partnered with Salesforce.com beating Microsoft to rule the market. Can't wait to see AWS scale in the future.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many cons about AWS. I think with the lower price scale compared to other systems, Amazon has really set itself apart.

We currently use AWS with all of our Salesforce projects.

AWS Storage Gateway review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Best storage for backups"

What do you like best?

Rather us spending physical hardwares to store put backups and files, AWS has provided us this and whats best is that its cheaper!

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to dislike about their services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this rather than spinning up ec2 servers just for backups. youll save more!

We have been spending much of our money with hardwares to store our backups and files, AWS helped us cut out most of the spending. And without even having problems about hardware maintenance, everything else now is in the cloud

AWS Storage Gateway review by User in Computer Software

"The AWS Storage Gateway is the one you want!"

What do you like best?

The integrated hybrid cloud storage is the all in one solution for your storage needs along with services like IAM, Analytics, Security etc.

What do you dislike?

The prices compared to competitors is slightly on the higher side. Also, fewer availability zones in Europe area compared to other cloud providers.

Data Analytics and Machine Learning with AWS Reckognition.

AWS Storage Gateway review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Did not work well for my environment"

What do you like best?

Cheap and reliable offsite backup storage

What do you dislike?

Never could complete a 2TB backup from my facility to AWS. This is not necessarily the fault of AWS. I'm sure the backup product I was using with AWS was mostly at fault.

Cost effective offsite backup storage

AWS Storage Gateway review by User

"Simple and easy to categorize"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to move our files off of our Wistia video hosting site

What do you dislike?

The monthly cost is not commensurate to the storage value

Recommendations to others considering the product

Negotiate pricing or consider the enterprise version

Extreme collaboration and efficiency in accessing docs

AWS Storage Gateway review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Enterprise level ease of use"

What do you like best?

High level enterprising ease of use. Encryption level access.

What do you dislike?

Could use a more user friendly UI. System at times is slow.

Ease of storage. Not having a physical storage on site saves a lot of space.

Learning about AWS Storage Gateway?

* We monitor all AWS Storage Gateway reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.