Axosoft

3.6

Axosoft is a project management tool for Scrum teams. Manage user stories, defects, support tickets and get a real-time snapshot of your progress to ship your project on time.

Work for Axosoft?

Learning about Axosoft?

Compare Axosoft to Similar Solutions

Axosoft Reviews

Ask Axosoft a Question
Showing 25 Axosoft reviews
Axosoft review by Javier R.
Javier R.

"Good software for small project management"

What do you like best?

It let you track the hours, and get a report back from the hour log view, this is very helpful for us because of the way we handle development.

Simple versions/sprints creation. The integration with GitHub probed to be very useful for us, letting do historical research of fixes.

What do you dislike?

It does not offer good reports out of the box (I think there is a tool to build custom reports, but never tried). The support ticket features were not offering enough tracking to handle the volume (to keep up with the SLA).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product in general, at least for a company of our size (small team).

We use Axosoft to manage our development cycle (we used to use it for our support team, but with changed to another solution). It was easy to adapt to our workflow, and easy to readapt when we changed the workflow (like 3 or 4 times), add new data, including new steps, etc. It helps me to keep on top of the processes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Axosoft
Axosoft review by Kyle J.
Kyle J.

"Axosoft aka OnTime "

What do you like best?

We use Axosoft for managing team projects utilizing many features of the product such as creating customizable categories for work that we can further break down into what we call sprints (work week). Axosoft does a great job at helping understand where time is most being spent by having employees log time on each task/defect/feature which generates burn down charts to see if you are hitting your target release time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used this product everyday its awesome.

We are solving company wide project management. We use it to visualize where time is spent for each employee and to determine how long it takes for project to be complete. This gives us insight to plan better in the future by improving our estimates on how long things take.

What Product Management solution do you use?

Axosoft review by Shafqat D.
Shafqat D.

"Axosoft? More like Haxosoft: Explaining a SCRUMmy product"

What do you like best?

The best part is having a section which simply lets me know which tickets are assigned to me, as well as which tickets are bugs/features.

What do you dislike?

Axosoft is rather difficult to use, outside of its very basics. If one chooses to simply focus on the tickets that have been assigned to them and do those, then Axosoft is very straightforward (however, a lot of tools can accomplish this)!

However, one would ideally aspire to go and manage things like Sprints, specific projects and so on. In this regards the interface is quite clunky and is quite challenging to work with; several members on my team have commented the same. The design isn't that great either—it feels a bit outdated!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare systems first! Axosoft is somewhat hard to use.

I use it to file and track bugs that exist in our software. The biggest benefit has been in task assignment as well as project management, as it easily lets me figure out what I need to work on next. It is definitely a useful tool for what it does, as organizing the development workflow is a rather crucial part of software engineering in general.

The crucial benefit for our team overall has been to organize this development workflow on Axosoft; it's been used for most of the company's history and most of the solutions that people may try to go to nowadays did not even exist at the time we started using this!

Axosoft review by José Luis V.
José Luis V.

"Our Agile project manager"

What do you like best?

Axosoft have all the basis and more to manage any Agile Project, even more from principal steps, when you work in Deep discover the beauty of agile and the way that Axosoft shows the work done, you feel like magic, We love it

What do you dislike?

We are really satisfied with the use of Axosoft for the management of our projects, if it could be improved something would be the integration with cloud storage applications for documentation, as well as cloud-based communication applications

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have to find a software to manage agile projects we really recommend Axosoft

In our team we evaluated several platforms for the agile management of projects and found that Axosoft is the best tool for the registration, control and monitoring of team work, we are satisfied and will continue to use it throughout our work

Axosoft review by User in Computer Software

"a decent ALM alternative"

What do you like best?

we ramped up quickly when we finally decided to pull the plug on our prior product ALM Complete. ALM had significant performance issues for us, affecting our daily activity. Axosoft allowed us to quickly import existing data, set up projects and move forward relatively productively.

Sine then, we appreciate that we have both a defect tracking and story management system under a single, functional UI.

What do you dislike?

depth level. It is difficult to create epics stories can't really be "layered" with dependencies. There is only 1 level of child.

We also don't like that you can't view all items in a single view... stories are separated from tasks are separated from defects. So, if you have a story open, you can't see it's tasks and defects in a single view. you're always cross referencing tabs, or in my case exporting and relating data using other tools. Also, the reports are really non-existant

Recommendations to others considering the product

a very simplified tool... probably works well enough for single teams. Don't expect a lot of ease generating report data; each month, I need to spend a few hours exporting, associating and analyzing data to present something meaningful to stake holders. If you want something simple, like open defect count, ok. But holistic views are difficult to create\don't exist

This is really being used as a defect and story tracking\management system. We have used the API to link data to other products so that disparate systems (case management and defects) can update each other.

Axosoft review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Axosoft defect tracking is full featured and works great"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Axosoft's bug tracking software is its best aspect.

What do you dislike?

Some actions are not as responsive and smooth as they should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Axosoft is very easy to use, so if you need non-developers involved in your project management and/or bug tracking it is a great choice to keep them on the same page as developers.

Before Axosoft we did not have a useful bug tracking system, which resulted in losing notes and spending lots of time just trying to figure out where documentation was. Axosoft keeps things organized and makes it all easy to track and prioritize, and is instantly usable by everyone, even non-developers.

Axosoft review by Hung D.
Hung D.

"Lots of functionality but buggy and slow"

What do you like best?

The app is a decent tool to manage tasks, features and defects with necessary features such as sorting, searching with reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

It very slow and buggy especially with filter features when we combine more than 1 filtering term. I never couldn’t find the tasks allocated to me by filtering. I always had to find my tasks manually. It also doesn’t provide an effective way to print tasks

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is more like a task allocation than a project management tool because it doesn’t provide an overview about schedule/milestones/deadlines and work efficiency of the team m

Task allocation and project management.

Axosoft review by User

"Good solution "

What do you like best?

Nice to have a web based solution all set up that allows for teams in multiple locations to view the same bugs, features, and other tasks. No need to create a system that can be shared to multiple locations

What do you dislike?

I don't make use of the burn down charts and such, so it would be nice if there were some other ways to use the "Daily Stand Up" without having to be so geared toward time frames and release dates. But I created my own method for that using a different functionality in the software, so it works.

We use the software to track bugs, upcoming features, and even daily tasks. Very good for these purposes. Certainly fills the need well.

Axosoft review by deepesh r.
deepesh r.

"This product has helped me organise work schedules, it is a life saver."

What do you like best?

The ease of use is the best thing about it, 2nd, flexibility.

You can configure the product in a multiple ways to suit your needs.

we follow agile and there are a number of ways available for you to integrate the product with third party services to help automate your agile.

What do you dislike?

Even though the product comes with a variety of features that help you customise your product to fine tune and make it suit your needs, the support can be a little slow..

Sometimes, i have had to wait a few days, before i could get answers to my queries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is well suited to your needs, if you are primarily looking to help your teams estimate and manage work schedules. I wouldn't recommend using this tool for bug tracking.

The flexibility of use is one of the best reasons for me to use it.

This helps me organise my team's work schedules.

We follow agile and we use this tool to plan our releases and track progress.

This tool has helped us measure the gap in our effort estimation and actual effort. And helped us identify the reasons for it, which helped us place checks to ensure quality delivery with less effort.

Axosoft review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Long Term Axosoft Customer, I Love this product!"

What do you like best?

What don't I like? I like that we can email tickets into the system. I like that I can add custom fields with custom rules to force my people to use forms a specific way. I like that we can create project folders to track what we're working on. I like the new PM functionality. I like the Workflow Steps. I like the Portal plug-in for having customers submit and view tickets. In fact I like everything. Time tracking is very powerful for employee tracking and for R&D write offs.

This is the best bang for the buck our company has got since acquiring the product in 2007.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lost dashboard functionality from converting to the Web. The reporting isn't nearly as powerful now in my opinion. Simple dashboards are great, but we used to have lots of additional widget types that I used.

Releases/Projects. My users habitually put things in the wrong place. It requires me to go back and move things around all the time.

The Portal works but it's not a nice fancy looking interface for our customers to interface with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your reporting needs, odds are Axosoft will suffice (but not exceed). Then buy it.

Defect tracking, Help Desk, Software Enhancements, Time tracking for employees and for R&D tracking, Project Management.

Axosoft review by Ramie C.
Ramie C.

"Axosoft Is Very Helpful for Planning"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed using axosoft to help keep track of important deadlines and to help organize what tasks needed to be done.

What do you dislike?

Most of the functions of Axosoft were helpful to use and I found that the only dislike was the speed of the software.

Axosoft was very beneficial in helping solve the issue of planning events and deadlines. Having a good tracking system allowed for my company to be more timely and to prioritize deadlines for events being created.

Axosoft review by Amber O.
Amber O.

"Great reporting out of the box with a solid scrum management tool"

What do you like best?

The out of the box reporting that almost anyone using the system could set up blew us aways. Our second love comes in the stand up section that allows us to look at a team and individuals.

What do you dislike?

The views are a little cumbersome at times. We'd like more drag and drop fewer clicks.

Distributed team management and localized teams collaborating on backlogs and release planning. We were doing this with other tools but coupled with the reporting we now have leadership involved and are making great gains.

Axosoft review by Consultant in Education Management
Consultant in Education Management

"Excellent tool for team work"

What do you like best?

Allows control and monitoring of the development of projects worked on as a team. It also helps improve work efficiency

What do you dislike?

The impossibility of creating sub-task levels

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a tool that helps very well in the organization, development and monitoring of collaborative works

The possibility of a better follow-up to team work and the constant and real-time communication of the fulfillment of tasks

Axosoft review by User in Higher Education

"User-Friendly, customizable interface for Project Management, Bug Tracking Application"

What do you like best?

can create shared tasks for all team member's as well as individual members.

What do you dislike?

Cannot create a recurring task and does not have a calendar view

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this for organizations that are considering a new application for Product Management. It is very easy to use, can be customized to create different views, dashboards and reports.

Have been able to report out resource utilization and help request for additional resources to help balance the requirements.

"Basic Bug Tracking/Managment"

What do you like best?

Its fairly easy to use and much and i like that you can create tickets via email.

What do you dislike?

The application is not very pretty, and it seems barebones, its ok for bug tracking, not project planning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for basic tracking. JIRA, etc are much better for project management.

We have used this for all fases of SDLC.

Axosoft review by Administrator

"Nice software"

What do you like best?

Axosoft is a good software to manage project, bit tedious but have all the features you could need

What do you dislike?

It takes long to figure out how it works. There should be more tutorials for learners.

Cost is an issue but it's worth given the features it offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use

Good team management solutions

Can be configured according to the need!

Using it to manage many projects start to end, specially, when you are running a large project.

Axosoft review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Glad I kept looking!"

What do you like best?

Axosoft's Bug Tracker allows for exactly the kind of customization we need. We migrated from Plan.io and I initially tried to mirror that environment. Later, I realized that Axosoft can do even more and just ran with it. Also, we're just a small startup on a tight budget, and Axosoft's pricing model is ideal for our needs.

What do you dislike?

We use "Bug Tracker" to handle not only bugs, but new development projects as well. I wish they'd call them "tasks" or something. My poor developer's self-esteem is taking a hit!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your needs are similar to ours, this is an IDEAL solution. But our needs are a bit limited. If you need more, Axosoft offers more. I'm sure we'll learn all about that as we grow!

This is the linchpin of communications between me (as the business owner and project manager) in NY and our lead developer in Oregon. We run everything related to both new development and fixes through Axosoft's Bug Tracker.

Axosoft review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Review of Axosoft"

What do you like best?

The Wiki in Axosoft serves a good purpose of storing and managing tickets and notes. easy to share.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit crowded, takes time and effort in reviewing the work. sometimes while copy-pasting from MS Notes to Axosoft notes, it pastes as an image, which is annoying.

Use it for scrum. Benefits are that it is easy to run scrum, and store product tickets.

Axosoft review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"It's an okay project management platform"

What do you like best?

Scalability, customization is impressive, and it helps with keeping track of our workflow status.

What do you dislike?

Pricing, lack of out-of-the-box integration with other programs

We are using it for bug tracking and workflow processing. Our team appreciates the ease of use.

Axosoft review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Axosoft at Three Rivers Systems"

What do you like best?

The interface and filtering capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Not a clean way to report or chart based upon points instead of hours, at least in our current version.

We use Axosoft to track our product backlog primarily. It's very easy for business roles to filter analyze and then prioritize user stories.

Axosoft review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

I have used the product since 2008 and it became much better over the years. Using it as a bug track, issue tracker, product backlog, work log tracker. The best feature is Customer Portal, it really helps to respond to our customer in a timely fashion and have customer fully participate in our process.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see better integration with Visual Studio out of the box.

Enterprise software development and production support.

Axosoft review by User in Higher Education

"Overall Okay"

What do you like best?

I like the visual aspect of this product. It looked very organized.

What do you dislike?

It wasn't very user-friendly. I had a hard time figuring out a lot of features of this product.

My team and I used this for communication.

Axosoft review by User in Computer Software

"Web version falls short, windows version out of development/support"

What do you like best?

User defined workflows, email notifications, incoming email creates an incident.

What do you dislike?

Windows version has gone out of development and as of 2014 is no longer offered for sale. The web version is still behind the windows version is terms of functionality, usability, and performance. The hosted version is expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a web based Scrum software, Axosoft is an great product. If you are looking for help desk, bug tracking, or something Windows based, Axosoft has moved on.

Help desk management and development project management.

Axosoft review by Joseph P.
Joseph P.

"Great User Experience for Management of Incidents and Product Development"

What do you like best?

Being web based so that all our team has full access anywhere; and the new customer portal for our clients is great.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, if any. There has been a few behavior "quirks" but it seems with each new release they keep going away. Which tells me they listen to their user base.

Tracking of all our client incidents and tracking of bugs and new features. We've realize better product releases and able to provide very accurate information to our clients.

Axosoft review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"My experience with Axosoft"

What do you like best?

Helping with release plan. Helps to calculate the amount of work you do in a project.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much I dislike. All users can see anybody's log data.

Much better in delivering requirements on time.

Learning about Axosoft?

* We monitor all Axosoft reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Axosoft to Similar Solutions