Backblaze

4.8

The cloud storage solution you have been waiting for - Simple to use, easy to scale, flexible and robust.

Work for Backblaze?

Learning about Backblaze?

Backblaze Reviews

Ask Backblaze a Question
Showing 40 Backblaze reviews
Backblaze review by Ivelina D.
Ivelina D.

"Backblaze is a great unlimited backup solution at a great price!"

What do you like best?

It's cheap ($5/month), simple and very easy to use. Plus, it's unlimited, and it automatically/continuously backs up all files, including those on external drives.

I love that Backblaze offers a 15-day free trial, as well. I got to see if I like it, before I purchased the plan.

I'm happy that it keeps my data always backed up & safe, in case something goes wrong with my devices.

My personal experience with the support team: they respond quickly, they are super knowledgeable and provide step by step instructions for resolving any issues.

What do you dislike?

I have been using Backblaze for about 3 1/2 years, and I haven't had a negative experience yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simpler for users who don't know what should be backed up but might be frustrating for those who don't want everything just thrown in together.

A few years ago, when I wasn't using any kind of backup solution, a friend of mine said to me "If you have all your data in 2 places, you have it at least in one, but if you have it in 1 place, you don't have it anywhere." Very true! And he told me about Backblaze.

I decided to have a peace of mind and back up all data on my laptop and 2 external drives. My laptop is for personal use, but it's a work laptop, too. So I always make sure that every clients' file is backed up. It is very important!

Backblaze has saved me a couple of times - one time, especially, for a client's important project, I had to edit part of a design, but for some reason, something went wrong upon saving the revised version. So, later I couldn't even open the file, it was corrupt. I am so happy that I got Backblaze, and that it had been automatically saving my files, as I work... Because I was able to restore the original version of the file, without having to recreate everything from scratch! It saved me and my client time, money and a major headache! Thank you, Backblaze!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Backblaze
Backblaze review by Abbie D.
Abbie D.

"I could not love Backblaze more"

What do you like best?

I love so many things about Backblaze. (Things to note: I back up 6TB to the cloud and needed a solution that was fast, simple and reliable.)

1) Unlimited backup storage to the cloud for a flat, inexpensive price

2) Able to transfer back up to a different computer (I've already had to do this, and it was so smooth and simple.)

3) Fast (and I mean fast) upload time

4) It hooks right up to System Preferences (I used a Mac) so you're not opening a separate application

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing I dislike about Backblaze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's honestly no comparison to any other product. I would make the jump — trust me, you won't regret it.

It's more of a matter of security and peace of mind. I have my hard drive backed up to another hard drive, but what if there's a fire? What if they are damaged or destroyed? There goes over a decade of work. That's why Backblaze is so amazing because it lets you easily back up and secures finished projects and have that peace of mind.

What Online Backup solution do you use?

Backblaze review by Héctor Hernán B.
Héctor Hernán B.

"Simply the best cloud backup service."

What do you like best?

- Very easy to install and the use

- Install and forget, you don't need to do any additional setup, the default installation makes Backblaze to start backing up all your files BUT if needed you can further customize and specify specific files or drives to backup

- True unlimited backup, there is no limit in the amount of data to backup

- the software is very well designed that it works silently in the background with very minimal resource impact when analyzing and backing up, also the software is very resource friendly

- Tech support is superb, they have always provided excellent service and support

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the inherit backup function needs to be further enhanced and improved. Sometimes inheriting a backup when you re-image your computer can be a very tedious task, because sometimes backblaze is unable to properly initialize this process and the troubleshooting consist uninstalling and reinstalling the software and rebooting the computer

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best cloud backup solution out there, just check other reviews and comparisons

Cloud backup with a reliable third party vendor

Backblaze review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Backblaze is a life saver!!"

What do you like best?

First off, back blaze is a life saver. I love that it has unlimited storage. I also find it amazing that the backed up files are incredibly easy to access. It's nice that it notifies you if a drive has not been backed up in X amount of days.

What do you dislike?

While I absolutely love Backblaze, I find it highly annoying that it takes forever to back the files up. It is soooo slow!! I know it runs on internet connection but I have a good one and it still takes a long time. It often takes multiple days to back up one of my video projects. Granted it's usually backing up around 700GB, but it's still really slow. But I beats losing everything! I've learned that they hard way!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I recommended anything I suppose it would be for Backblaze to find a way to speed up the upload rates.

Backblaze solves so many problems. Not too long ago I had a external hard drive and it was not backed up. Honestly, it never occurred to me. Unfortunately, that drive died. It was not old but I was unable to recover anything from it and lost it all. So, a friend of mine recommended Backblaze and it absolutely offers that peace of mind.

Backblaze review by Karl G.
Karl G.

"The best backup service I've found"

What do you like best?

There are many things I love about Blackblaze. First let start with the price, $5 per month per computer on the personal plan. That's for unlimited space!

Next, I like that it automatic and I get to choose what gets backed up.

Lastly, and this is the most important… When something happens and you need a file, or more... their servers are fast, unlike another service I used. It would take a long time to download anything from their service, but with Backblaze, you just find the file/s you need and download them fast.

They also offer a service where they will mail you a drive with all your information on it, and if you would like to keep the drive you just pay for it. Otherwise, you send it back and only pay for the service.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about the service yet, and I've had them now for about 5 years or more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't really have anything to say except, USE BACKBLAZE!

They are keeping my siles safe from pending disaster.

Backblaze review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"Excellent backup that stays out of the way"

What do you like best?

I love that it runs in the background and is always up to date. I honestly forget that it's installed on my machine sometimes because it is so out of the way. The easy to use menu bar applet provides quick access to settings and to see what I have backed up and what still needs to be backed up.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything that Backblaze needs to change. It is hands down the best cloud based backup solution that I have found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your initial backup over a weekend to reduce bandwidth usage. If possible, do it hard wired so that you can do your initial upload faster.

Backblaze provides me a worry free and easy way to keep my work laptop backed up. It uses an easy to access menu bar applet to let me know it's status during the day.

Backblaze review by User in Internet

"Painless set it and forget it personal backup"

What do you like best?

Install the app, set up what it should backup, and forget it. Just runs in the background slowly moving and syncing your files. Its saved me more than once when a file locally was destroyed and local backups were unavailable. The web interface for getting to any file from your system from anywhere is a massive advantage.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the throttling is not always reliable can affect the connection speed of the system when it tries to upload a large file change. The interface to view exactly which files are changed and awaiting backup could be improved.

Backblaze provides an easy way for employees to ensure their systems are backed up to never lose work productivity. Since its cloud based, it does not rely on users having to remember to physically connect to external backup devices or initiate backups. Used in conjunction with a complete backup scheme of periodic drive clones and point in time backups (ex Time Machine), never lose another file or system configuration for a minimum amount of effort.

Backblaze review by Peter D.
Peter D.

"Backblaze saved my backside"

What do you like best?

Set-it-and-forget-it, hope-you-never-need-it, glad-you-got-it.

After Time Machine weirdness started keeping me up at night I looked into a little off-site fire insurance and settled on Backblaze. Actually got into them because of their frequent State of the Hard Drive white papers and the work they were doing on their "pods".

Anyway, within a month or two of subscribing the S hit the proverbial F. I lost everything. Or would have, except that everything had been backed up to Backblaze. I was able to recover what I needed to a new machine via direct download and within a week had a hard drive at my door with everything I'd lost ready to restore.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Backblaze stays out of the way and does its job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a no-brainer in every sense. I literally do not think or worry about losing data anymore.

Peace of mind, to the point where I don't even think about it. Backblaze has proven itself to me.

Backblaze review by Maria G.
Maria G.

"Keeps My Files Safe...and my Mind Sane"

What do you like best?

Backblaze is located on the top right hand corner of my screen. I barely ever take notice of it and thats one of the best aspects of it. It's performing backups in the background and I barely ever notice. There are no performance issues and my system does not slow down, even while the backup is performed.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to perform restores directly from the application itself vs having to do it on the backblaze website. I recently had to perform a large restore and there was a lot of shifting between the application and the website which added a lot of time to the process.

Backblaze ensures that all my personal and work files are kept safe in a cloud, vs having to rely on an external hard drive. I am unable to carry an external hard drive everywhere I go, so it's great being able to have everything in a cloud vs in a physical product. I have a lot of work files within the backups so it's great to be able to travel and have all my work files with me.

Backblaze review by Madhu S.
Madhu S.

"Has great features that competitors lack"

What do you like best?

There are many online backup solutions, but Backblaze has five advantages:

1) Allows for personal encryption keys

You can set a personal key (password) on your back-up which means no one (not even Backblaze can see it). I have nothing to hide, but you never know when some hacker could break into Backblaze and steal your files. Because of the personal key, any stolen data will be useless.

2) Cheaper monthly fee

Backblaze is nearly $5 a cheaper month than the competition.

3) No clutter

Some backup solutions clutter your hard drive with hidden files. Backblaze does not do this.

4) Can backup external drives.

Backblaze is one of the few services that let you back up external drives.

5) Restore to hard drive

If you have a lot of data to restore, Backblaze can put it on a physical drive and then ship it to you. There is a charge for this, but it’s a big time saver especially if you need to restore a few GBs of data.

What do you dislike?

Backblaze does have some disadvantages:

1) Poor restoration interface

The interface for restoring files is not very good. If you know what files you want, then it’s acceptable. But if you need to browse through files first to find the right version, it’s very cumbersome and difficult to use. It uses the Window’s tree format to organization information, so there’s a lot of clicking involved and it’s not very snappy. There aren’t any previews so you have to download files before seeing them.

2) Restoration interface is not mobile friendly

Although the restoration interface works on mobile, it’s really been designed for desktop, which makes it very cumbersome to use.

Competitors like Carbonite have apps which allow you to browse backups on mobile.. Backblaze offers nothing like this and it’s a big disadvantage.

3) Slow warnings

If for some reason your computer gets disconnected from Backblaze, it can take 10 days to alert you. It would be better if alerted you after an hour.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Backblaze has a free 30 day trial, so you can test to see if you like it.

If you don’t plan to restore files that often, Backblaze is an excellent choice. It has the lowest price and offers the best security.

However, if you plan to do restoring frequently, you may wish to go with a service that has a better interface, as the Backblaze interface for restoring files leaves a lot to be desired.

I use Backblaze to back up all my work files. You just set it and forget it. I have also restored many of my files and it was a painless process.

Backblaze review by Andrew D.
Andrew D.

"Excellent Software, Upload Speeds and Recovery Options"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Backblaze is that it just runs in the background, and I can set when I want it to run, and with a click, I can delay it for 2 hrs. I like that I can download a file quickly from the site. My friend tested the hard drive recovery, and it was excellent (3 days or so to the East coast). He was able to get a refund for the drive when he shipped it back.

What do you dislike?

The fact that if a drive is disconnected for 60 days without tricking the system into thinking it is still attached by shutting down and pulling out the plug. Then I think you get 6 months before your data will be erased. Data should never be deleted in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the service with the caveat that you must keep your drives connected to the main system you are backing up or Backblaze will eventually delete your data.

I'm backing up important data and helping my clients. I have gained the trust of my clients when they were able to retrieve important data through Backblaze.

Backblaze review by Fred A.
Fred A.

"Good basic backup solution"

What do you like best?

It was quick and easy to set up for someone in a non-IT based role, with little knowledge of the Backblaze interface. I was able to to mirror a server as a backup, and start uploading data to the cloud within an hour.

What do you dislike?

If using Backblaze with an Apple system, you have a backup of your files but you cant restore from a disk image in the same way you would using Apple's Time Machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great backup system for a work environment which has a mix of Windows & Apple.

It's a great off-site backup solution for a shared file server or similar setup. Might seem silly to backup a backup, but when users delete information from the backup unknowingly, then a backup of a backup is a very handy thing!

Backblaze review by John C.
John C.

"Easy to use, reliable, set it and forget it"

What do you like best?

Backblaze is quick to backup, doesn’t use a ton of system resources, runs smoothly in the background. I never think about it, but it’s there, running, keeping my files safe. I’ve had to recover a few files I accidentally deleted, and being able to access all my files from anywhere has been a godsend

What do you dislike?

There’s really not much to dislike, I guess upload speed could be faster but I don’t even think about it

I use Backblaze as a second means of backup. I have a Mac and back up to Time Machine for quick and easy local backups and restored. Backblaze is my second line of defense, with the additional benefit of easy offsite access to my files

Backblaze review by Dave Y.
Dave Y.

"I recommend Backblaze on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, peace of mind, and low low price.

What do you dislike?

The restore process can sometimes feel a little clunky and slow, especially if you are restoring ALL of your files, not just a few.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Backblaze to EVERYONE I know: colleagues, friends, and family. It's a no-brainer!

I like to have all of my files in three places at all times: primary version, copy on TimeMachine, and copy on Backblaze. I once lost my entire hard drive and hadn't made a TimeMachine backup in a few weeks. Backblaze to the rescue! Bailed me out with up-to-date versions of all my files.

Backblaze review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Backblaze is my first choice for backups"

What do you like best?

I like that backups with Backblaze are simple, comprehensive, and reliable. Basically, I set Backblaze up on a computer and forget about it.

I also like the security. Knowing that I have my own private key for the backup that secures it from outside sources makes me feel good.

Finally, the price for the amount of storage (unlimited) is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

There's not much don't like about Backblaze. To be fair, I have never had to restore a backup, but my hope is that the process is simple.

We use Backblaze to backup individual computers at our business. The setup is simple and we know that we have reliable backups of our machines.

Backblaze review by René R.
René R.

"Takes the pain out of backups"

What do you like best?

From all the backup solutions I've tested, Backblaze is the best in terms ease-of-use, as well as price tag. While others have complicated pricing models based on traffic, storage, devices, etc, for Backblaze you pay a small amount per device and month. For less than a big Starbucks Latte, you can backup virtually unlimited amounts of data from your computer.

The App is "setup and forget" style, you simply install it, log into your account, and it does the rest for you - automated, in the background, without needing user input.

The restore panel sorts the files in a directory tree just as on your device, and you can download them from everywhere.

What do you dislike?

There is no versioning for backed up files, so it's more useful for saving your data in case of theft or hardware failure, less useful for protecting against unwanted changes to your data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many backup providers out there, take your time and make sure to compare them.

Protection against data loss is a duty that is too often neglected. Backblaze takes the pain out of this and does those things for me, without me having to waste any time or thoughts on backups.

Backblaze review by Jack K.
Jack K.

"Brilliant, simple, easy, and effective"

What do you like best?

I would rate BackBlaze over 10 if I could. Setup is beyond simple; selecting drives and files to schlep up to the cloud is insanely simple. The control panel is easy to use and its quick display of how much I have backed up gives me easy assurance that they have my files. The ability to have private key encryption on my uploaded files makes me feel a whole lot better about them having access to all of my files. Cheap costs for thumb drives and harddrives to be shipped in the event of catastrophic loss is lovely as well, but their simple downloading and restore system (which benefits from very high speeds) ultimately (and pleasantly) makes it moot - I'm able to do a full restore extremely quickly.

What do you dislike?

The retrieval interface is a little clunky; an easier way to browse files and more clarity around how date ranges for restoration are selected would be great. More robust retrieval for power users such as specifying file masks, search on modification date and other file attributes, etc. would make it easier to use in the case of singular file restores in case of accidental deletion or the like. The ability to specify file masks for backup would be great as well - the extension system is helpful in excluding unwanted files, but some sort of regex system or the like for even more fine grained control over what goes up would make it easier to backup drives with files that I care about being backed up and ones that I don't mixed together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In small situations with low computer count but lots of data, it's a *fantastic* choice. The thirty day full functionality trial makes experimenting with it easy.

Simple and robust backup for small situations with <10 computers have been made intuitive and easy even for end users to access themselves. I'm confident my files will be where I need them to be when I need them.

Backblaze review by Eric L. J.
Eric L. J.

"Simple Cloud Backup"

What do you like best?

I like that BackBlaze is a click and install type of backup service for PCs. Their tech support is strong and their software does not have any noticeable bugs. I also appreciate that their unlimited backup is truly unlimited. Also to note, if you add on subscriptions they will pro-rate and keep all of your subscriptions due on the same date so you do not have staggering subscriptions. I am very amiable to having one payment.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that I often connect external drives to my systems and in doing so those drives are automatically added. I will then start to receive emails that Drive X is no longer connected and it is not very apparent or easy to tell it to ignore that drive. A nuisance, but not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something that is simple and straightforward for a standard client machine or workstation that is apart from any ERP or other solutions, this is the way to go for price versus reliability versus cost.

Simple backup apart from our standard methods: local drives, Google Apps Unlimited, and a file server. The primary benefit that I see on having BackBlaze on two machines is that it has never crashed or caused a single issue in all of my time using it. We also backup using other backup solutions for the company as a whole. However, by using another solution on my own computers I feel that I am 'covering the board' and reducing risk of data loss.

Backblaze review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"BackBlaze Cloud Storage does the job!"

What do you like best?

BackBlaze is a good software for backing up to a cloud which I currently use to backup SQL Databases and Image files from servers. The Cloud service is called BackBlaze B2. It is a fairly easy interface and also allows to sync via my NAS Synology Rackstation which is where my local backups reside. That is an added bonus. It is seamless when set as a task to backup straight to BackBlaze Cloud.

What do you dislike?

The speed to upload when size is in many Gigabytes can be somewhat slow, so it concerns me that the download speed will be the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, its easy to use and will fit your needs if you have a small environment.

Benefits are that I have safe storage in a cloud environment in case of a loss of hardware that I can restore if need be.

Backblaze review by Amos J.
Amos J.

"Effortless, life-saving backup for a fantastic price"

What do you like best?

The fact that there is no storage limit means I need not worry about losing any files. It can automatically back up all files (including system files), allowing me to restore my entire system from it. The software can intelligently adapt to your bandwidth usage, meaning that it doesn't slow down your internet speeds when using your computer. The website for accessing your files is clear and well designed, allowing you to view all versions of your backup (very useful if you've edited a file). As well as through a download, you can also access your files through a USB, which they will send to you for a small fee. There is also a facility for a private encryption key, ensuring the security of your data on their servers.

What do you dislike?

There is sometimes a disjoin between pressing the button to start backing up and the program actually beginning the backup process. Although well suited to power users, the interface of the program could be confusing to less advanced users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because of the lack of storage limit, there is no need to worry about backing up selectively. Back up everything! You can keep all your data safe.

The problem of safeguarding my data. It is essential for me not to lose any of my files, as they are important for work, school and my outside life. With this software, I have no worries that my data is safe. Even if my house burns down. I can easily redownload my family photos and important pieces of programming work.

Backblaze review by Toni L.
Toni L.

"The nearly perfect backup solution for desktops and laptops"

What do you like best?

It is by far the easiest backup solution to use. And it has unlimited storage so you don't really have to even think about it. Just install and forget.

Their support is just amazing and kind.

I also love the ability to restore your data via external drives by getting them mailed to you.

What do you dislike?

One thing making this not reach the "perfect" level is that there isn't a Linux version.

Also while it does allow to backup external drives, they can not be network mounted, even with SSHFS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, you'll install it and forget about it until you really need it.

Having to worry about backing up and having to spend way too much money on external drives and other backup solutions for multiple terabytes of data.

Backblaze review by Darlanne D.
Darlanne D.

"Install it and forget it!"

What do you like best?

I like that this runs seamlessly in the background and I don't even have to think about what's being backed up or updated.

What do you dislike?

I wish the back end restore area was able to have visual thumbnails and not just file names.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not hesitate to try this out. It has a free trial and is only $5 a month. It's so easy to set up and get started. I love that I don't even have to think about my files backed up or not.

I no longer have to worry about backing up my design and other files. Another benefit is when I have accidentally saved over a file, I can go into the back end of Backblaze and replace it.

Backblaze review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Backblaze data backup with ease"

What do you like best?

I love that Backblaze makes it simple to save files. It configures the files to backup out of the box and just does it. Getting files is as simple as pulling them from the website individually or as a zip! The app has a near zero resource impact on my machine.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that configuration is not obvious to change the default backup settings. They kind of work on the we know best assumption.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, it’s a no brainer for basic backup needs.

I am solving data backup/recovery needs with a reasonably priced performant tool.

Backblaze review by Lane W.
Lane W.

"Backblaze gives me the security that I need..."

What do you like best?

Backblaze is an affordable program that protects my data. I love how easy and simple it is to implement, as it works in the background.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more features available with the pricetag, though it is small. I wish there was a free trial version that went further also.

Backblaze works in the background to protect all of my data. It gives me peace of mind that all of my files on my macbook are safe and secure, and backed up. I highly recommend paying the small premium for this great service.

Backblaze review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"The best whole-computer backup bar none"

What do you like best?

Set it and forget it: this is how you do consumer backup. For $5/month, I have over 3TB backed up of large media files (including image sequences, 300GB ProRes exports, etc.). BackBlaze gets to work uploading as soon as possible, and can use my entire upstream connection to make sure it's uploaded as fast as possible.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if I could backup network shares, but it's not a huge deal. Sometimes I also think that it would be nice to have a better way to backup huge amounts of data: it took nearly 80 days to upload my 3TB of info.

Also, family pricing would be a bonus (maybe 5 computers for $20/month), although the pricing is so reasonable that I don't see too much of a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should consider Crashplan and Carbonite, but for me BackBlaze is the most cost efficient backup solution on the market. For backups of 1TB or over, Backblaze has been faultless at uploading large files.

BackBlaze makes sure that my mission critical information (mostly video files for my client projects, and VectorWorks files for my lighting designs) are never at risk. The security in knowing that I will always be able to deliver to the client is well worth the price.

Backblaze review by Doug T.
Doug T.

"You don't have to think about it, it just works"

What do you like best?

It just runs in the background, doesn't hog your bandwidth and it's very reliable.

What do you dislike?

Cost could be a little lower otherwise it's a great product/service.

Backup of critical files/folders.

Backblaze review by Stephen Y.
Stephen Y.

"Great overall product."

What do you like best?

This is an extremely affordable option for backing up your computers. We have this deployed using domain license. It has been extremely helpful in keeping our workstations backed up without the end user noticing any drop in system performance

What do you dislike?

The management for our domain license could be better. I wish we could adjust schedules for all machines from one location. They do provide usage info, but it's via email instead of a management console.

This has allowed us to protect our intellectual property from loss due to drive loss. We have a lot of creative content. Backblaze makes protecting it easy.

Backblaze review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Backups made easy"

What do you like best?

Backblaze is very simple to set-up on the computer and runs seamlessly in the background. It even backs-up the attached USB drive.

You can even access all your computer files from your mobile device with the app.

What do you dislike?

Each subscription is limited to a device (not a person). So if I have a laptop and a desktop, I would need two subscriptions.

It backs-up all business documents in the background without having to think about it.

Backblaze review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"Best in class for OS X/macOS backups!"

What do you like best?

I feel like this is the one all be all backup solution for Mac. It provides quick and continuous backups for a very low cost. Giving users the ability to use a private key to encrypt the backup's before they are sent to the server is a feature that any security analyst will love.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing, this product is amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

For $5/mo it is a minimal investment for a highly polished product.

Encrypted, secure, fast backups

Backblaze review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"Additional piece of mind for just a few dollars a month"

What do you like best?

Quiet background uploads, very affordable and easy to install. Look forward to deploying it to additional machines.

What do you dislike?

Constantly uploading, but I suppose that is a reality of persistent backup software. Scheduling options would be nice. Would be nice to see some weekly reports on bandwidth usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your existing onsite and cloud solution, tack this on for additional peace of mind!

I don't like losing personal or professional data. I use Backblaze as part of a larger data security setup.

Backblaze review by Cristos L.
Cristos L.

"Easy, cheap, set-it-and-forget-it backup solution"

What do you like best?

- Backblaze will alert me if backups are not occurring as scheduled.

- Data is encrypted on-disk before being transmitted, then again on their servers.

What do you dislike?

User interface is sometimes clunky, and does not offer much detail for monitoring. A more detailed/useful dashboard would be nice.

Continuous, hassle-free offsite backup.

Backblaze review by Timothy B.
Timothy B.

"Great price great service"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup, "just works" and easy to retrieve files

What do you dislike?

Can take awhile to retrieve results from the service. Not a big issue, but there's a small time delay from requesting the files to being able to download them

Great way to back up a large amount of files on an on-going basis

Backblaze review by Matthew L.
Matthew L.

"Backblaze - A backup solution above the rest."

What do you like best?

The software is simple to use on desktop, web and mobile. It stays in the background and just does its job.

What do you dislike?

The inability to quick download a single file from the web like you can on the mobile version.

Ensuring that important data is being backed up to the cloud without an extra thought. Being able to backup external drives and flash drives is a plus!

Backblaze review by David D.
David D.

"I never have to think about backing up my work"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. I never have to think about backing up my work.

What do you dislike?

Not great for coordinating multiple devices

I work at my computer about 75% of the time. I have a great deal of work stored in my computer, and I want to be sure that I can always access it.

Backblaze review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"BackBlaze has been a great platform for retrieving documents that may be lost during troubleshooting"

What do you like best?

It's a one time set up and then it takes care of itself. I don't have to work with BackBlaze each day because it just is automatically backing up new information as its created.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not have any negative feedback from BackBlaze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend some sort of backup system for your computer and BackBlaze has been great for our team. I had an incident where my computer glitched and I thought I lost all my documents in my folders and BackBlaze was able to recover all my items easily.

Any documents that may be lost during troubleshooting or other computer glitches are saved via BackBlaze. It's a safety net for our important inter-office documents.

Backblaze review by User in Higher Education

"Backblaze backup"

What do you like best?

It is simple and quick to set up. It doesn't home resources or big down your system. The unlimited storage is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is due to download a backed up filled to restore. I would also like updates on how much was backed up each month.

Backing up email archives. It helps to transfer files to new computers when they are issued.

Backblaze review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Wonderful solution when I needed it most"

What do you like best?

Backblaze is just always working in the background, saving my data.

What do you dislike?

Once, my computer was connected to the internet via my phone's data plan and Backblaze blew through many gigabytes of data, which was costly. But I realized there are settings I should have been using to avoid that.

I don't want to lose my data! With Backblaze, I know it's protected.

Backblaze review by User in Computer Software

"Reliable and trusted"

What do you like best?

I've been using it for a few years now as a passive backup option. It'll continuously backup any changes, meaning I'm always prepared for when something goes wrong.

What do you dislike?

- Costs per computer, monthly (or annually)

- Schedule is relatively simple - would love to make exclusion times, during which it should never try to backup automatically.

Passive backup

Backblaze review by User

"Set it and Forget it"

What do you like best?

Easy total backup solution for your computer

What do you dislike?

Limited to 1 pc, if you delete a file on your hard drive, it deletes it from the backup as well

Backup

Backblaze review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Convenient and reliable"

What do you like best?

- automated backups

- reminders when backups are due

- easy to access and retrieve data, both on desktop and mobile

- reasonable price

- simple UI

What do you dislike?

nothing that i dislike about backblaze.

provides reliable backups so i never lose my work

Learning about Backblaze?

* We monitor all Backblaze reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.