What do you like best?
The MVC architecture, disposed many callback functions that used in jquery. As a has many years java web engineer, the MVC is more friendly for me.
Compared with other MVC framework, such as Angular, MVC is easier for beginners.
What do you dislike?
1. Need to integrate with other lib, such as MarionetteJS, validation to implement other functions.
2. Single bindings. In view, we have to write many sample templates to control dom.
3. Need pay more attention on memory leak.
Recommendations to others considering the product
1. There are many docs for your reference, you can learn it and compare with other libs via TODOS sample. It's extensible and reliable for your frontend code.
2. Ten thousands of clients are accessing our website everyday. The backbone provided them smoothly experience. Nearly no delay on our UI.
3. It contains model, view, collection and route, those core components can help you design your MV* style.
4. Support RESTful interface, so model can bind backend api easily.
5. Provided template support, you can use Handlebar to replace the default template.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Improved our frontend code organization. Absolutely refactor the old architecture. Now we can easily debug fontend code via Chrome cosole. Now, we divided the frontend and backend completly. Backend is using webserivce and exposed API interface. Defined the routes before starting to work.