BambooHR

Make a successful transition from tracking employee information in spreadsheets to managing it with personalized HR software that frees up time for meaningful work.

Work for BambooHR?

Learning about BambooHR?

BambooHR Reviews

Showing 354 BambooHR reviews
BambooHR review by SUGEY EDITH R.
SUGEY EDITH R.

" because an applicant tracking system"

What do you like best?

My experience with BambooHR has been brilliant. They were very patient and helpful, since we took our time to decide which HR system would be right for our business. The system itself is extremely easy to use and, although we are in the UK, we have no problem contacting the help desk and receiving quick responses

What do you dislike?

In our company is not according to the regular system has a catalog of job opportunities and data on each opportunity, including the hiring manager, how many people have been nominated and how long has been published

In our company you have set your eye to the BambooHR service, where you have low amplitude that has a panel homepage with different sections for employee information, vacation time recording and reports. The sections are: "My information", "Employees", "Job offers", "Reports" and "Files". The panel also contains an employee's image, contact details and the remaining vacation time. It has areas that show scheduled lessons and business communications. Users can see their co-workers' birthdays and scheduled free time

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BambooHR
BambooHR review by Beth T.
Beth T.

"Implemented 2.5 years ago and still going strong!"

What do you like best?

Since we first rolled out BambooHR in January 2016, we have loved this platform. From applicant tracking and collaboration, sending out offer letters, to onboarding, the need for paper files is gone! Our middle managers enjoy the ability to see who is out across their crews on any given day, celebrate anniversaries and birthdays with our employees and to better manage do performance reviews all through Bamboo.

Their reporting features come in both Standard reports and custom reports that can be shared with one another.

Files can be shared with the entire company or with just a few individuals

The e-signature feature means no more waiting to get a signature from someone on a form - no more delays!

Announcements can be posted in Bamboo and/or emailed as well making sure that everyone gets important company notices

The ATS also goes out to free job boards and you have a job link just for you account that shows any open jobs you are posting

There is an app that can be used for a company directory access and for scheduling time off

Our employees also really like that I have set up a feature in Bamboo that alerts them 30 days before their driver's license and their trade licenses expire!

Very user friendly and set up was very smooth. Their customer service is the best I have encountered. They are always asking for feedback on how to make their product better and each month they do!

What do you dislike?

I did want a system that had the benefits integration aspect with it. When I first started with Bamboo, the only option was Maxwell and that was a total disaster! It took 6 months of trying to get that system set up and then I was informed that they did not integrate with our insurance carrier so I would still have to do paper apps, so I scratched that whole thing!

I have since learned that Bamboo has two other offering for benefit integration with BeneTrac and PlanSource, so I am researching both of them to see if either is a viable option. If so, this would make Bamboo perfect for us

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend anyone checking out HRIS systems (not just Bamboo) to 1st know what it is that you need from the software. Do your research and read reviews of people who are actual users of the software. If possible, after you have narrowed your search, find out if your insurance broker would be willing to pick up the cost of the system for you. Since Zenefits came about, many brokers are willing to do this (mine was, so I get to use BambooHR and it doesn't cost us anything)!

I no long need to keep spreadsheets for employee anniversaries, birthdays, trainings completed/expired and contact information. We now have a collaborative ATS for all hiring managers and HR to use that also captures EEO information. The org chart is useful for new hires to help put faces with names when they first hire on. The e-signature feature is accepted by all of our benefit providers, so enrolling in benefits has been streamlined using Bamboo as well. The custom reports are fantastic and very useful and can be run for "point in time", so pulling information by quarter is a breeze.

This system actually saved our company from having to hire additional office assistant for me for over a year and a half!

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

BambooHR review by Allison V.
Allison V.

"Does what it does very well"

What do you like best?

It's been so thoughtfully designed. Whenever I'm unsure about whether the system handles something, it usually does. The onboarding has been a tremendous time-saver and the ability to distribute documents through the system with signature requests is huge. We rolled out a new employee handbook, distributed it through Bamboo and were able to see the counter tick up as each employee reviewed and signed off on the handbook and could check in at any time to see which requests were still outstanding. The requesting time off functionality is also very slick. Great reporting. It's a great little system that packs a big punch.

What do you dislike?

Not too much. I've had some pain points with benefits. We only use Bamboo to capture who is signed up for what, the basic costs of the plans, etc. But when the plan year ended, the process of updating the plans to show new ones was a pain. I don't know if it could've gone better had I understood the system better, but as it is, I'm still working through the process to assign the new plans to each employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is SUPER helpful if you have a long-term vision that takes a 360 view of everything you need. I would love one system that does it all and right now there are some frustrations with having my HR system separate from my payroll system as there is some overlapping functionality and extra work to keep those in sync. But BambooHR has earned my allegiance for putting a terrific problem out there that is super intuitive, loaded with support help and quick to pick up the phone. I certainly am game to watch their product continue to evolve and be part of that ride.

We've made tremendous strides towards going paperless and have found tremendous efficiencies. We are also rolling out the performance management system and it promises to be a bit of a game changer. Excited about that.

BambooHR review by Sabrina T.
Sabrina T.

"Stay away from Bamboo Payroll "

What do you like best?

This review is strictly for Bamboo payroll. Bamboo HR is pretty good overall.

What do you dislike?

Bamboo Payroll is not synced with Bamboo HR. Not only this, but also the specialists in Bamboo HR and Bamboo Payroll do not have any crossed knowledge for each platform. And everything they do is manual including manually entering each paycheck. There is no way you can finish payroll on your own, since you need to contact Bamboo Payroll for any changes. From there, your assigned the payroll specialist will send you the payroll registry in pdf. There is no excel report available. Now I understand why an payroll specialist is assigned to each account. It's basically a payroll service that they will enter all the changes for you. But you will need to tell them all the changes, and reviewed it once it's done. Because it's a manual process at their end, it takes average 2 days to get everything correct. And in the 2 days, there is nothing you can do besides waiting.

We didn't get any payroll training until the day of actual payroll, and our payroll specialist told us that they are way understaffed so our requests will not be visited on time. And there is nothing they can do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away from Bamboo Payroll 100%. It is a nightmare.

Payroll. We had payroll service with Gusto and they are great. The only reason we moved from Gusto to Bamboo Payroll is we have Bamboo HR for our HR side. We were under impression that once we moved payroll to the same HR system, all the info from HR will be synced to Payroll. But it's not the case. It takes us about half day to do payroll within Gusto, and now takes average 2 days with Bamboo Payroll. Everything is manual here and the payroll specialist is slow to respond. Execupay is also very hard to work with.

BambooHR review by Josh A.
Josh A.

"Shines Light Into Corporate HR"

What do you like best?

Easily see benefits, accruals, HR tasks, colleague and supervisor reviews, scheduled reviews and information relevant to company updates, policies and events. Really opens up the workplace beyond what can be seen face-to-face or through limited emails. Brings the workplace together.

What do you dislike?

It's important to log-out of profile, or else others will have all of your company business accessible. Would be important to verify log-out and that computer would not retain login credentials so that others would have access to personal information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BambooHR is a good tool for HR managers, and is a good resource for employees and employers. There's a user-friendly and expansive base for allowing restricted information to different levels of users, from directors, to managers, to HR.

It's not easy to keep track of policy updates and HR benefits through emails and paper trails. It's much easier to track benefits and realtime updates through this web portal. This allows for employees stay current and knowledgeable with needed information, which allows HR departments to manage information much more efficiently.

BambooHR review by Bryan P.
Bryan P.

"Fantastic HR Platform for our Growing Business"

What do you like best?

I love all the modern features and improvements they've made on traditional HR. Our company is almost completely paperless so having esignature, onboarding, reviews, etc. all in BambooHR is amazing!

What do you dislike?

We really don't have any big complaints. One recent feedback we got from a hiring manager was that they wish BambooHR parsed resumes so they could search across all of our applicants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It took me awhile to get familiar with the permissions. HR data is obviously very confidential so I was concerned about sharing too much w/ people but we've dialed it in now.

I'd highly recommend their performance management and ATS modules. They integrate seamlessly.

We are a small business so we didn't have a pervious HRIS and weren't even very familiar with what they were. We love BambooHR because it's very modern and easy-to-use. The employee onboarding process, esignatures, and performance modules are huge timesavers!

BambooHR review by Breanne J.
Breanne J.

"Yay for Bamboo"

What do you like best?

One feature that I enjoy best when using BambooHR is the access we have to our coworkers corporate wide as well as seeing who is off at certain times.

What do you dislike?

So far I have no complaints about BambooHR. Everything has worked out well, however I am relatively new to using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the fact that you can sign everything electronically and monitor all of your requests.

Problems that I have noticed have been solved with bamboo is knowing who to contact when. A lot of the time people don't realize when someone is on vacation so being able to see it and avoid making those calls is an example. Benefits of it is that everything is handled wireless. Time off and employment records.

BambooHR review by Robin L.
Robin L.

"Works Great for Managing Electronic Document Signing and Vacation Schedules"

What do you like best?

I like that we can do all of our HR paperwork virtually. I also like that our Google log-in works seamlessly with Bamboo.

What do you dislike?

I don't know how much of this is the way we have it set up, but the interface for everything isn't super intuitive. The interface for looking for documents in the files, requesting time off, and especially the employee review process are not intuitive. The whole system feels homemade. We actually have homegrown software at our company and it is much slicker than Bamboo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am only an employee, I'm not in HR, so I don't have any recommendations as far as how robust it is. From my experience, it seems that the customer has to do a lot of work to make sure it works for you - the user interface doesn't offer a lot of extras. So, if you are looking for flexibility, Bamboo has that.

Our company uses it to do HR paperwork, store HR-related files for employees to review, manage time-off requests, and for our employee reviews.

BambooHR review by Sebastian P.
Sebastian P.

"Very good HR system and support"

What do you like best?

The Employee data out of the box

Reporting is good.

Time Off Policies are very flexible.

Access Levels are a twist to the usual Group and User management.

Benefits management is good.

Onboarding and Offboarding processes

Document Template and e-signing

Customization of Fields

What do you dislike?

Time Off Policies are very flexible, but requires to climb a learning curve, that at the time of the (paid) implementation process is not enough to learn.

Some fields that are too tied to the US, when you have offices around the world this is not a pro, but you can hide those fields if you want to.

Job openings are very limited

Emails can't be customized with the company branding

Don't have a true workflow for Onboarding and Offboarding activities

Trainings management could be much better

Customization of Fields is done by Support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have all your requirements very clear and ask for clarification. In my case, some of the requirements had to do with very flexible reporting and workflows and BambooHR fell a bit behind it. But those were not deal breakers and I trust that they eventually add those features.

Vacation and Time Off management, with different laws and countries

Employee data management

Onboarding and Offboarding activities

BambooHR review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"A great tool for community, information and more!"

What do you like best?

The software is very user-friendly, looks great and engages employees. We have numerous offices, some in other states and it is nice to have the directory with faces tied to the names. I also like that each employee personalizes their own information allowing supervisors to get to know them better and throw out special surprises like giftcards, lunch, etc. and know the staffs preferences. Tracking PTO, time off for other reasons and sick time is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that there is anything I dislike about it - I did a lot of research before presenting BambooHR to our Senior Management and CEO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend BambooHR, it has features that are a step ahead of a lot of the other options.

We had numerous programs we were using for payroll, tracking sick leave/PTO, HR management and searching for qualified candidates. This simplified the process, reduced the number of applications we were paying for and helped us become more efficient.

BambooHR review by Barry B.
Barry B.

"HR App in need of some features but improving"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to look at a glance and see who is approved to be out and who is not and how that help to make our daily and weekly game plans. As an employee user this is about all we use.

What do you dislike?

Had some issue with not being able to easily go into negative hours. Also notes are not easily seen by my manager. On several occasions I have written notes with my time off request and my manager does not see them. Unsure if this is user error or a fault of the app, but making the notes more prominent will probably help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None, this works for the purposes of my company. For time management and time off management, this works well. I use the iphone app mostly but the website works too.

It is being used for time off management mostly. At least for my uses. I do not know what the management uses on the back end. I just know that for my purposes as an employee, the time off management works pretty well.

BambooHR review by Thalita A.
Thalita A.

"Easy to use all-in-on HRMS"

What do you like best?

User interface is great. intuitive and easy to use. Almost don't need to train our people cause they understand very quickly how to move around software and find the info they need.

The BambooHR support team is awesome, they answer our requests very quickly even though we're more than 9h ahead.

the Onboarding feature is very useful and helps us to keep the process on track and provide a good candidate (almost employee) experience.

What do you dislike?

there is not room to customize too much the processes. You can suggest new features or funtionalities, which is great, but you don't know what will happen with your suggestion, there is no feedback on this until you receive the news about product updates.

Another thing is that we're an European based company and many fields and features are U.S oriented. We could solve this asking for customized fields, which is working perfectly.

Having our employees information centralized and accessible 24h per day and updated. It's a cloud solution, we can see the information we need even outside the office. It's automatizing many processe we were doing manually such as time off request and tracking, onboarding process, employee personal information, internal communication about new employees, organizational chart etc.

The reports are amazing and give us the information in real time and super quick.

We were able to launch the first employee performance management review thanks to BambooHR performance add-on which is super easy to use and gave us great and useful reports.

BambooHR review by James M.
James M.

"Great To Use With VIVAHR"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the platform is to use. We primarily use this tool to manage our current employee, time off, payroll and internal messaging tool to notify our employees. Loved having something everyone can log into to request time off rather than the typical email.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot that I do not like. I might say I kinda get sick of the constant upgrade sales pitch. We got the entry option, which is perfect for our needs, but there is obviously an incentive plan internally to try and upgrade us to something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their marketplace apps to build onto the core system. Like I mentioned previously, our biggest pain point was in recruiting and hiring. We were able to add on VIVAHR and also some background screening options to make our hiring process run much simpler.

I recommend building into your calendar time to work ON the system. Make your life easier by planning ahead on when you're going to admin your own system. Don't wait until there is a problem. Seems like life coaching here, but really the system is powerful, but the data left sitting there is outdated quickly. Keep it updated.

We have had a hard time hiring and having great communication with staff. We were able to look through their marketplace and add several additional tools to support our biggest pain point, hiring! We started out with VIVAHR's free job posting tool, then synced it with our Bamboo HRIS. Seems to be a great stack.

BambooHR review by Anne K.
Anne K.

"Human resource management software for use in all organizations. "

What do you like best?

The software maintains employee records in a secure database

Its simple to install and use

Fits very well in the profile of small and medium sized companies helping them manage their employees prudently

What do you dislike?

Its a cloud-based solution and requires a stable internet connection to run and fucntion efficiently

Recommendations to others considering the product

BambooHR is a human resource management software that serves and fits well in small and medium sized companies and helps them manage their workforce prudently. Acquiring it will bring immense benefits and the HR policies and functions will be automated and become efficient.

Previously we use to manage and keep our employees records manually in files and most of these processes were not automated. We did not have applicant tracking services and managing the performance of employees was manual and tiring. However after acquiring BambooHR this has changed and we have realized immense benefits such as employee on boarding, a feature that helps a lot in helping them settle and get familiar with our organization and their assigned roles and responsibilities.

BambooHR review by Administrator

"Love BambooHR!"

What do you like best?

I really like that BambooHR tracks information for us. It hold all the employee files, makes them easy to retrieve, keeps everything organized. I can also send documents and have employees sign them electronically and then they are automatically saved in their file. BambooHR also does monthly videos with product updates which I love. You can post jobs internally and onto free job sites.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could personalize things a little more for our smaller business but I totally understand why we can't and BambooHR always works with us to create a work around or give suggestions on how to make all the sections work for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bamboo is always looking to improve and add things to their product, they are defiantly keeping up with the industry. They have an amazing help library if you every get stuck and respond quickly to help requests. Very hands on during set up!

We were having issues making sure all of our employee files were complete and up to date. It was also very hard to retrieve data.

"Seamless Experience"

What do you like best?

I like having all my peers' information listed for me to be able to reach them, the process to fill out documents and sign them is the easiest I have ever used. The new hire process for my current company, they use Bamboo HR, was the easiest on boarding process I believe I have experienced.

What do you dislike?

I only gripe about having the program log my out after time not being in use. That is my only "complaint" so far. The only other thing that I can think of is that the website can be slow sometimes. It can take a fortnite to update information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you fill out your profile, as well as set up your email with an email you use frequently. It makes the abiltiy to track updates as well as receive them when you are out of the office or work space.I think linking all of your social media as well as LInkedIN profile is a plus as you can link with your fellow employees with ease.

Having all of our documents that require review or signatures sent through this portal is very easy, as well as tracking updates through the email we give on set up.

BambooHR review by Islenis Tatiana V.
Islenis Tatiana V.

"A tracking of candidates based on the cloud."

What do you like best?

It is a good way to track applicants through BambooHR, your company has a better performance in the area of human resources that are transmitted to future employees, it contains tools for quick hiring after a previous interview with candidates, for more easy integrates online signature for contract closings.

What do you dislike?

A very positive experience that does not leave me more than just good comments about this great software.

Allowing to find applicants effectively after making a publication with the requested characteristics becomes a great advantage, before it used to be a tedious task that not everyone was encouraged to comply with, but with BambooHR this is something of the past.

BambooHR review by Cilia F.
Cilia F.

"Excellent quality product"

What do you like best?

Talking about complete integrations, this is the program that you and your employees need, everything is compensated with the tools that BambooHR provides. It has been a huge adjustment for our company to have migrated to the BambooHR servers, a great product and excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

Although everything is perfect we always want more, we would like integration to be more flexible. All the payroll we have to load manually and that causes us many errors, hopefully they can solve that.

In general it is an excellent software, our servers are now faster and more reliable although sometimes there are errors, our employees feel that their information is now secure.

BambooHR review by Carla M.
Carla M.

" Best HRIS out there! "

What do you like best?

I love the UX, the customization and the simple flow of data. There are great reports already set up for you and you have the possibility of customizing your own for any field that gets tracked.

What do you dislike?

Some data is hard to export like the Org chart and others you have to customize a report to get there. On the ATS side, it’s pretty simple which has its advantages but adding a few more features on this product could enhance it tremendously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BambooHR is a wonderful company who continually works on their product to deliver the best experiences to their customers. You haven’t done a full HRIS evaluation if BambooHR isn’t on your list.

We automated our entire HR processes from recruiting to onboarding to performance management.

BambooHR review by Veronika B.
Veronika B.

"First great experience with HR software"

What do you like best?

I love that BambooHR celebrates employee job anniversaries, reminds us about their birthdays and makes it easy to follow through who is out with the calendar feature. Making holiday requests is easy as pie too, especially on the mobile app.

We recently started using BambooHR to publish the new roles we are recruiting for, and the process seems quite streamlined. In some ways, it's even better than posting on LinkedIn or other sites directly as we can embed the code on our Careers page on the website instead of manually adding each job every time we have a new opening.

What do you dislike?

The UI could be a bit more friendly. I have seen similar software that allows to upload documents like employee handbooks and other important HR stuff to the platform, plus signing documents within. This kind of functionality would make BambooHR even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BambooHR is definitely a great tool to help you with a number of HR tasks. There are some tools out there that are overly complicated but this is brilliant for small teams that simply need help with managing new employees, hiring and holiday requests.

BambooHR helps our team manage holidays and key employee information. It's great to have full transparency over when someone's out on holiday -- it saves timee we would have spent manually checking it.

BambooHR review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Human resource software for all functions and workforce management "

What do you like best?

The software executes a wide range of HR functions and processes

Ensures hiring of right talent by offering applicant tracking services

Keeps the workforce happy and motivated as it executes the key roles effectively

What do you dislike?

Sometimes their customer support is busy and held up in resolving issues from other users thereby taking some time

Recommendations to others considering the product

BambooHR is a stable human resource software that works excellently in any form of business and delivers and enthralling and satisfactory performance to the required parties

The business problem is that of not having a definite human resource software that addresses all the concerns and welfare of the employees as stipulated by the law. Basic processes such as payroll management used to lag behind and result into inconveniences during processing of employee benefits among remuneration benefits. The benefit that we have obtained is that with are now in full compliance with the stipulated human resource regulations and therefore keep a motivated workforce

BambooHR review by Javier J. H.
Javier J. H.

"A Simple Software To Know What's Going On In Your Company"

What do you like best?

It is a very simple software where a company can display lots of information. We use it at my current role to book time off or check our organizational chart or news feed etc

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike so far about this software. Perhaps the fact that some information will appear on the screen that I wish to hide just in case I open this site on a public place and someone is picking over your shoulder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a big company I can see the value of having such a tool. You keep all HR notification, holidays etc. Under control and in one place. I will certainly recommend this tool.

The one benefit that we are solving is that through BambooHR we book our time off and keep track of our holiday days, etc. Very simple but easy tool, plus newsletter etc are also posted here.

BambooHR review by Winston F.
Winston F.

"One of my favorite HR systems"

What do you like best?

We are able to quickly reference all HR related documents, see announcements from our business' owners and managers, as well as easily seeing available paid and unpaid time balances. Also, I love how it helps my company reduce our carbon footprint by helping us to use less paper.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a lot more we could do to customize employee profiles. We are left having to create certain fields and it gets quite messy this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is probably one of my favorite HR systems that I have ever used. I have been in every industry from food service to public school teaching, and trying to find copies of forms and documents that you have filled out is always such a hassle. So I'd definitely recommend trying this out.

BambooHR allows you to easily track changes to employees and to approve requests for your direct reports. It also has an app so you can access the service from your phone when out of the office.

BambooHR review by Emily H.
Emily H.

"Huge BambooHR fan!"

What do you like best?

I'm in love with BambooHR. As the Director of HR, it's revolutionized my work. I used to do all HR functions by hand - old school style (in spreadsheets). It was extremely time consuming. Since implementing BambooHR in 2015, my time has been freed up to focus on people, which is the whole point of HR, right!? Our team loves how user friendly BambooHR is . It's super intuitive & anyone can figure it out, regardless of computer experience. We use all of the features - PTO, benefits, documents, training, ATS (Applicant Tracking System), Performance Evals etc. It's given us much more transparency & increased employees' ability to manage their own information, which has improved morale tremendously. Additionally, the customer service that BambooHR staff provide is unmatched. In my 4 years working with BambooHR, I have never once encountered an unhelpful or rude staff person - they hire the best & practice what they preach.

What do you dislike?

I really love the whole system - they only thing I wish they'd had earlier (though they're working on it now) is their own internal time tracking module. I can't wait for that feature to get rolled out so that I can bring all of that functionality into Bamboo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it - it's an amazing product for the price!

Applicant Tracking has gone from being a pain-staking, time-consuming, tree-killing experience to be focused on the applicant experience. PTO balances are seen in real time (as opposed to our old school painful spreadsheets). Peer Feedback & Goal Tracking is a sinch. Benefit tracking & transparency is helpful when running reports. Onboarding is automated & consistent. And now I have data - tons of data to share with my C-suite executives!

BambooHR review by Kristen B.
Kristen B.

"Simple, easy to navigate and changes are so easy"

What do you like best?

I like the time savings, the customization and the simplicity of the tool. Our managers have struggled to keep documentation in one concise place and BambooHR makes it so easy.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see additional payroll functionality - however I understand that the company is still very young and just recently offering payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research with other HRIS vendors. Some of them offer an all in one solution that doesn't necessarily mean an all in one solution. I was able to customize the entire setup, I was there the whole time with an implementation specialist and she answered all of my questions (there were a LOT!). She was very helpful and considerate. She did research when she didn't know what I was requesting. It was very helpful.

Efficiency, basically a one stop shop for all employee file and documentation needs.

BambooHR review by Brooke J.
Brooke J.

"Has simplified my life & allowed me to be more strategic "

What do you like best?

I could probably write a whole book about why I think organizations should be using BambooHR. I am currently a one-woman show at my company and was running most of our processes on dropbox and drive documents. BambooHR has freed up so much of my time, allowing me to be more strategic and take better care of my team. Bamboo makes our company even more organized and improves the hiring to on-boarding experience by 1000%.

Let's start with the Applicant Tracking Software. I went from having no ATS and using google docs to Bamboo and it has made my life so much easier and our lines of communication to applicants even better. It allows me to stick to deadlines, keep everything in one place, and never misplace an applicant. I don't know how I would have gotten through hiring for our summer internship program (180 applicants) with out this software.

On-boarding: incredible. I can send a new hire packet to my new hire and they feel so well communicated with every step of the way. Being able to fill out their paperwork online is so important - they can do most of it before they even step into our office. Then they have access to everything later - what more could they (or I) want?

Reporting time off - We have unlimited vacation but still use Bamboo to keep track of where people are and how many days are spent out of the office. It's so incredibly easy to set up and my freedom loving team loves using it. (There is even an app!)

The day to day - it makes everything easier. I have everyone's phone numbers, addresses, SSNs, EVERYTHING in one place.

I'm an evangelist for a reason, it's hands down the best thing I've implemented for my team.

What do you dislike?

I always wished that I could do Payroll through Bamboo so that would have been a dislike, but they just added that as a function. So, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I could not recommend BambooHR at a higher level. I love everything that it does and allows me to do.

For me, the ATS has paid for itself already in my stress-level. It allows me to focus and be more strategic instead of worrying about updating spreadsheets and doing so many things manually. It's clean, intuitive, and has the best customer service.

BambooHR review by Administrator

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

BambooHR is a simple and flexible system, it supports our HR needs (recruitment, performance management, employee data, benefits), the customer support team is excellent - responses are helpful and on the same day. I love that we can add fields and create workflows that suits our business and our employees around the globe.

What do you dislike?

For Performance Management, it would be good to have the ability to select specific people, instead of job titles. However, most of the things that I needed or disliked, I communicated to BambooHR and most ideas were implemented the following month or two.

Keeping employees data in a secure environment; having all HR documents in electronic format (I do not hold any paperwork); recruitment messages, interview notes, etc. are stored in one place and available to all involved; standards reports are useful and saves time when providing HR metrics; the onboarding feature gives new starters a positive welcome.

BambooHR review by Kathy G.
Kathy G.

"I Love BambooHR"

What do you like best?

I pretty much like everything about Bamboo. It's user friendly, very efficient, and fun to use. It has automated a large part of my job, saving time and money. Employees are also able to look at their own information and request their own PTO, benefits, etc. now. Bamboo has excellent customer service -- the training and support team are awesome!!

What do you dislike?

There's one thing, though -- that there is not the ability to edit a document without downloading it into Word, editing it, and uploading it back into Bamboo. That can be time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend BambooHR. Not only does it help me keep all employee paperwork organized, it allows the ability to share with others on team, it's also fun to use -- and the BambooHR team is awesome!!!

Keeping all employee information in one place, accessible to myself and employees. Time savings, more accuracy. It has helped find us more and better job applicant quality, saving lots of money in that way, as well. And, we can track the applications much better.

"BambooHR Review "

What do you like best?

BambooHR is an easy, central place to sign work contracts, request days off and even see coworkers birthdays! I liked how easy it was to sign my contract and other paperwork when I first came to work at the school. It's nice that on the homepage, it quickly shows you if anyone is taking a day off that day.

What do you dislike?

The features are somewhat limited, could include a few more HR features to make everything more central. It would also be nice to be able to use payroll somehow through the system (maybe this is a feature that we just haven't explored, but I have not seen it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely consider it if you need a central place to keep all your employees paperwork in one place, as well as manage sick and vacation days. It works well for a company of 100-200 people, but I could see it working well for larger companies as well.

Ease of signing contracts, requesting sick day, etc. online and having information in one place. I think a major benefit is being able to complete and sign all paperwork online without having any physical copies. It's easier for employees, and also much easier for administration to keep everyone's paperwork in one place.

BambooHR review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Perfect for what our company needed!"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of building things out in Bamboo. Attaching onboarding documents is seamless, the drag and drop feature for fields is super easy, creating workflows for onboarding and being able to assign current employees to tasks is super helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this product. The only thing I could hope for is more integrations. We currently use ADP Run and unfortunately Bamboo does not offer an integration with them.

We are solving the issues with dispatching onboarding documents. Being able to track where the new employee is at with their onboarding documents is extremely helpful, feels like tracking a package.

BambooHR review by Kendra Q.
Kendra Q.

"Excellent system and with unique tools"

What do you like best?

It is a well integrated team to manage human resources management to perfection, its great tools provide absolute support to companies to follow up on waiting, electronic signatures and other features.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it is not easy to use, although it has its advantages to learn a little about the software and has a good service. One problem was the price, but I'm really satisfied with BambooHR.

BambooHR has revolutionized the way we do business. From top to bottom, our employees have nothing but great things to say about this software. Several cumbersome processes have been streamlined.

BambooHR review by Jane C.
Jane C.

"Terrible Customer Experience "

What do you like best?

We chose Bamboo because there seemed to be a lot of functionality in the system. Really liked the option to add photos to employee profiles and the onboarding/offboarding aspects.

What do you dislike?

We’re still in the implementation process and thus far, the customer experience has been terrible. They have been rude, inflexible, and difficult to work with.

In terms of the system, their ATS is quite clunky. There is also no e-signature functionality until after the employee has been hired (which they do not disclose during the sales process).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buyer beware. They will put pressure on you to sign the contract to lock into a rate without providing full disclosure on system capability or integration. They have not been responsive to our needs during the implementation process.

I will update this review after further experience.

Onboarding, time off requests, offboarding.

BambooHR review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Easy to use Human Resource software"

What do you like best?

As a user, I like the clean interface, and I like the automation of request employee benefits, such as leave days. I also like that I know exactly how many leave days I have left, and that HR can get information on me on Bamboo (such as work photos) without manual action required on my end.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that an employee can only upload one passport. For those who use multiple passports for business travel, this undermines the documentation automation for travel arrangements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BambooHR has worked extremely well for my SME. Larger organisations may want to consider other options, but overall as an end-user I have been pleased with my experience of the software.

We were able to semi-automate the process of requesting leave, tracking travel allowances, and loans from the organisation, instead of doing this over email correspondences. This makes the processes more impersonal and efficient, which could reduce bias and manual overhead.

BambooHR review by User

"Excellent for non mobile users. "

What do you like best?

It helps greatly with performance reviews as well as goal setting across multiple sites. I like the fact you can blindly select people to review there peers. The functionality and concept of the software works great in a company like this but you need to work on getting the mobile app to reflect and have the same functionality on android iPhone and all OS's..

What do you dislike?

The mobile device functionality is not there. There have been several occasions that the vacation hours and announcements are different from the app, compared to the website. Sometimes the announcements don't even come through. I've also noticed that the the mobile devices operated differently whither it be an android, or iPhone mobile OS. I have not seen a difference in performance across the Opera, Chrome, or IE browsers but i wouldn't be surprised if there were some inconsistencies there as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont use it on the mobile app.

Bamboo Hr has a serious issue with there mobile phone applications. On numerous occasions the app has has data both vacation time, requested days off, and company wide announcements not show up, that are on the website. This really needs to be addressed as a lot of people only have access on there mobile devices. Being part of a multi divisional office it does make communications, and reviews easier.. as long as they have access to a non mobile device.

BambooHR review by Robbie P.
Robbie P.

"Handy multi-faced platform!"

What do you like best?

The best part about bamboo is that you can use it for multiple HR areas. It maintains important employee files and functions as a recruiting platform. Not every ATS does.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the automated email addresses that come with sending responses to applicants. They are long and have a bunch of random letters and numbers that make them seem fake to the receiver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the automated email addresses so they don't look like spam.

We have multiple ATS, like greenhouse, but bamboo gets us the most applicants. It's by far the best one that we've come across so far.

BambooHR review by User in Computer Software

"Basic HR tool - not the best out there"

What do you like best?

Bamboo was the first system we had that stored all our HR type data in one spot. I really like being able to see historical data on my salary. When I was a manager I liked having access to my direct report's information so I could look up their birthdays and remember to celebrate them!

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot of customizability on the admin side of things. It would be nice to run reports for information I need in my current role, but I have to rely on the HR team - who are the only admins - to do it for me. It would save both me and them time if I had some level of access between Administrator and general user where I could access the information I need without necessarily having full access to ALL salaries and other personal information contained within the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bamboo does the very basics for us. It's fairly easy to use, but it's a simple product. If you're looking for a fully integrated HCM this isn't it. If you're a small or medium sized company looking for a basic tool, Bamboo is a good option.

It's given us a centralized place to approve and track vacation requests, which has standardized processes for our managers. It's also provided nice historical data for personal use and managers if someone were to switch managers.0

BambooHR review by Ryan V.
Ryan V.

"BambooHR & Bamboo Payroll"

What do you like best?

We went with BambooHR so we could keep all of our payroll, benefits, and employee information in one spot. The UI is good, and for HR purposes it's fine. The applicant tracking system is pretty good as well.

What do you dislike?

The Payroll system(powered by Execupay) is absolutely terrible. BambooHR & Bamboo Payroll don't sync updates properly, and has cost our company tens of thousands of dollars. It's a constant mess, with no end in sight. We are constanlty auditing, finding discrepancies, and it's impacting our employees. Execupay is very difficult to work with, BambooHR would be better off cutting ties, and either building something internally(similar to Namley) or going with another partner.

The applicant tracking system is good, has saved us some time.

BambooHR review by Jared M.
Jared M.

"Great Product - Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

Love the simplicity. It has all of my information I need, right where I think it should be located. The home page lists all of the things I need to see most.

What do you dislike?

One form field I had a lot to of information to input. The form field allowed me to type a lot, but it formatted the page weird. This was something that has to continue to live in my account, so it's a little annoying, but not really a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It's a convenient spot for all of your HR needs.

One safe and easy place to locate all of my HR information. This ranges from pay to benefits to vacation.

"All in One"

What do you like best?

My company currently uses BambooHR to manage all our HR needs. I really like the system because everything is consolidated. It gives us access to our vacation and sick time, our yearly role goals, our progression within our career and a directory for all employees. My favourite feature is the e-mails that we get when a new employee employee. It's a great feature to update the company as a whole.

What do you dislike?

I only have a very minor dislike. I don't like how the system does not tell you how much time you have accumulated to date it just tells you your yearly allowance, so you are not certain where you stand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BambooHR is really great at unifying the workforce through it's functionality.

New hire communication, time management, employee development

BambooHR review by Kathleen  F.
Kathleen F.

"Very Basic HR Platform"

What do you like best?

It's relatively easy to use in regard to basic functionality such as adding new employees, requesting time off, etc. The app is also simple to use and access for our team.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the more detailed functionality is lacking (the org chart is difficult to view and edit) and access levels can be too complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for small companies and start-ups, but as companies scale they might need to upgrade to a more robust platform.

Providing an HR platform for our growing start-ups onboarding and compliance needs.

BambooHR review by User in Internet

"Great service"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and though I rarely use it, when I do it is simple and I can get what I need. I am in sales so my involvement with bamboo HR is fairly simple and it lets me know when people are hired. It makes it easy for me to go up to new employees and talk about things we like and places we like to go.

What do you dislike?

It is not something that I am really using on a day to day but it seems like the whole solution is very focused on positivity and getting to know your colleagues with common likes. In reality people get closer from things they dislike and I think it would do organizations a solid to have both things you like and dislike. That said you run a fine line of offending someone so it could be an HR issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great to foster faster on-boarding and enhances collaboration.

We have tightened the connection between current and new employees and helped to foster a more collaborative environment. Also, we have realized awesome communication enhancements to HR so we can effect real change in the organization. For the better

BambooHR review by Julianna W.
Julianna W.

"They won me over!"

What do you like best?

We love the simple layout and ability to allow our staff access to their most essential information via the employee self-serve access. We have been able to go paperless in our onboarding process and have simplified many forms with the use of digital signature. After debating over more robust multi-tiered systems, BambooHR won us over with their simplicity and specializing in the most important areas of an HRIS.

What do you dislike?

Some recent software upgrades have caused some minor glitches. Also, we REALLY wish you could add more than 3 approvals or signatures on a form. For this reason alone, we have been unable to truly go paperless.

Employee self-service, paperless onboarding (newhire packets)

BambooHR review by Troy F.
Troy F.

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

We primarily use it to see our signup documents, vacation time, and links to our benefit providers. It's convenient to have all of those things all on one website that can be accessed from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike about it. There could be more features, but I think we just choose not to use them as our company.

We are a smaller company and having a unique website custom built just isn't necessary. This website gets everything in one spot with a convenient user interface.

"Standard HR Software"

What do you like best?

Really easy to enter and modify information. Easy to find information on pay and benefits. You can upload a profile picture and see the rest of the company which makes it easy to put names to faces when your office is rapidly growing.

What do you dislike?

Keeping track of PTO information can be challenging. The module for requesting PTO is a little clunky. Would be great to have a calendar view instead of a list view. That would make it easier to visualize for the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None.

It allows for me to enter bank information to quickly integrate with our accounting department to get paid. It allows me to enter PTO requests. It allows me to easily update employee information to make sure company is up-to-date.

BambooHR review by Ingrid K.
Ingrid K.

"Great Process Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the custom features that we can enable making it workable across three offices in three different countries.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little outdated but workable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BambooHR is a tool suitable for small to mid-sized companies from our experience and has made employee information available to colleagues across continents. It's also helped us organize and grow our onboarding process to ensure our new hires are onboarded with ease.

We started using BambooHR to unify our three offices. This helps bridge the gap between employee information and ensures similar HR processes across all countries to keep a similar culture.

BambooHR review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Excellent support, sleek and clean design"

What do you like best?

I love the performance evaluation and goal setting tool in BambooHR. We're often slaves to our inbox each day, and the email reminders to provide a review for an employee or to update the progress on your goals is a great way to make sure that these important tasks don't ever fall too low on the priority list. I also love how responsive the BambooHR support team is, and how they're constantly rolling out new features and tweaks every month in a never-ending effort to improve their product.

What do you dislike?

I wish the cost was a bit lower, though they do provide a nonprofit discount to us. I also wish the software was a little bit more flexible in handling paperwork for non-employees, like visitors and volunteers to our project site. Because the system is so secure and easy to use, we do use it to store all visitor and volunteer information anyway, but it would be nice if we could send emails without words like "employee" on them.

We're solving the problem of how to securely store sensitive personnel information for both current and past employees, and how to make sure that our personnel records are complete. We're also solving the problem of how to make sure each employee is receiving adequate feedback and setting goals to maximize their productivity. As a team that is spread out across three continents, BambooHR helps to centralize everything and make sure that nothing slips through the cracks.

BambooHR review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Bamboo HR is Good, but Bamboo Payroll is Awful"

What do you like best?

On the HR side, things work like they should. The reports aren't always the most logical, and custom reports are limited, but the applicant tracking system is great and as an administrator and employee the HR side is pretty good.

What do you dislike?

The payroll system. Bamboo completely tarnishes their reputation by partnering with Execupay- my experience with Bamboo is awful because of their relationship. Execupay reps are neither particularly helpful nor responsive. Their reports tend to be available only as PDFs, which is not useful when you need to do more than spot check.

My accounting department spends more time than they ever have reconciling payroll twice a month to make sure that Execupay hasn't made any issues. We have found several issues already related to data not syncing between the HR and Payroll site.

BambooHR review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Easy to use, understand, and implement."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Bamboo HR is the ease of use. It is simple to look at who is in or out of the office, submit a request, and see enrolled plans.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Bamboo HR is that you cannot change your benefits within the system itself. This is not a fault of Bamboo HR directly as separate levels of approval may be needed with this type of request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are interested in using BambooHR I would recommend looking into features such as automated messages for scheduled reminders or events. Be sure to review all their offered features (there are many) and see if they would be a valuable addition to your team.

Bamboo HR has assisted in solving a problem with a lack of information. It is simpler to see who is out, what enrollments are, plan for events, and send notifications overall.

BambooHR review by Libby N.
Libby N.

"Bamboo HR is very intuitive and easy to use. Things are where you feel like they should be."

What do you like best?

I didn't realize how streamlined Bamboo HR was until I participated in demos for some competitors and found them to be very "clunky." Also, the Bamboo team has partnered with me to create new, more functional reports including turnover by department. I love that they offer month to month billing as well.

What do you dislike?

Their applicant tracking system was not robust enough to meet our needs. Other than that, everything else has been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great support and ease of use. They anticipate training needs as well and provide a wealth of training videos.

Time off management, reporting and analytics, onboarding etc. Bamboo creates the user experience we want people to have with our company.

BambooHR review by Kristina B.
Kristina B.

"Pretty good for an employee database"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly. Very simple to round up all your employees in the organisation and have all the necessary digital information on them - no papers!

What do you dislike?

I don't find the access fair. We are 3 HR Business Partners that should all have the same access to our respective organisations. There can only be 2 admins to all employees, which limits us to certain features or reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want this mainly for hiring reports, its not the best solution. They are great for employee data but recruitment purposes should not be a part of this software

Syncing all employee data in one platform.

Learning about BambooHR?

* We monitor all BambooHR reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.