Bananatag

Track your daily emails so you know what happens after you send them. Email tracking and analytics for individuals, sales teams and Internal Comms.

Work for Bananatag?
Cirrusinsight vs 3  2x

Learning about Bananatag?

Bananatag Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 21 Bananatag reviews
Bananatag review by <span>Phil C.</span>
Phil C.

Easy to setup, but not 100% sure that it's doing what it should...

What do you like best?

With direct access to Gmail, Bananatag provided what sounded like the perfect way to track e-mails sent, opened, clicked, etc. Once setup is completed, the app starts tracking. There are also some nice features, i.e. scheduling e-mails to be sent a later time, attaching files that will also be tracked and setting up e-mail templates.

What do you dislike?

I send e-mails all day, every day, but Bananatag only seems to track a subset of them. For example, when I look at the # of e-mails I sent today (96), Bananatag only has a record of some of them (82). This is a minor issue, though. My biggest gripe is that the system I used to use (Hubspot) would ping me immediately with a Windows Notification that an e-mail was opened, a link was clicked, etc. Bananatag alerts me of a similar action with an e-mail only. It's very passive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works, and it's pretty inexpensive... but it does require the user to be active when finding out when an e-mail is read. If you're looking to be notified when an action has happened, this isn't going to suffice.

Easy Gmail integration, super easy to setup and get started. Bananatag lets me know (most of the time) when an e-mail I've sent is opened or when a link inside an e-mail is clicked, etc. by e-mailing me.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bananatag
Bananatag review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

I love Bananatag!

What do you like best?

Entrepreneurs are known for working late night and early morning but you don't want the world to expect a response from you outside of your public business hours. That is where Bananatag rises to the occasion with scheduled emails. I can write the email when it is convenient for me and schedule the email to send on a specific date at a specific time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike Bananatag trying to activate on other GMAIL accounts I own. I use it with my primary GMAIL account but when I open other GMAIL accounts, it asks if I want to install Bananatag and I always say no. It can be annoying to have to say no every time and after several no's - it activated on one of my GMAIL accounts anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is a great tool. You will not be sorry you tried it.

I do recommend you change the settings to have the tracking box unchecked by default. If you send an email you want to track, check the box before sending.

As much as I love the scheduled send, I also love the ability to see when someone opens my emails. Yes, you can do that with GMAIL but the receiver can choose not to allow the notification. With Bananatag, the receiver never knows the email is being tracked. When I send proposals or sales emails to prospects, knowing if and when they open my email is invaluable. In fact, I send a follow-up email immediately upon receiving an open email notification because I know the receiver is currently in their inbox and more likely to open my email right away.

What Email Tracking solution do you use?

Bananatag review by <span>Ernie D.</span>
Ernie D.

A Great Service For Tracking Individual Emails.

What do you like best?

I love being able to tag only the emails that I want and bing able to send the emails right from my normal interface. Many emails I send, I don't really care about tracking opens, etc. If I'm sending a large distribution email blast, I'm going to sent and track via my email marketing automation platform, so I don't need it for that either. But sometimes I want to send and email and know for sure that someone has read it. This is where Banannatag comes in. Also, I love being able to see when someone opens an email I sent some time ago. Let's me know they're thinking about that topic so I know to "randomly" check in with them.

What do you dislike?

Hoping that they'l build a version of their plugin for Google Inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to get insights on how your recipients are engaging with your emails without having to use it across all emails you send. It's ad hoc email tracking. Super easy. Especially if you are a gmail user or if your company uses google mail.

Tracking opens and recipient engagement of individual emails sent via my main mail client rather than through CRM.

Bananatag review by User in Information Technology and Services

Great emai tracking for gmail users

What do you like best?

bananatag is awesome because it allows me to engage my prospects when they're most likely to respond

What do you dislike?

only works with gmail. would love to see integration with outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need super detailed metrics and analytics, this may not be for you, but as an individual user it's perfect for me. Really consider your requirements. And hey, you can try it for free for as long as you want, you'll just be limited on the number of tags you can use per day/month.

tracking opens and clicks so I can see when prospects are opening emails, whether they're clicking links, and how often they're opening or forwarding messages. This enables me to respond to them within minutes of opening an email, clicking a link or watching a video.

Bananatag review by <span>Stefano C.</span>
Stefano C.

Good tool for emails, a bit expensive

What do you like best?

It provides the user with a bunch of interesting features, and it's quite easy to use.

Email scheduling works perfectly and it's accessible in a snap, while tracking is really a potentially powerful for firms who are concerned with the effectiveness of their messages for campaigning and selling (but it can be an addictive feature for the layman, too).

It supports the main email providers (i.e. Gmail, Outlook) and I can't complain with that, but of course users of other services might do (anyway, setting up the service with any generic provider is a quite accessible experience for the non tech savvy, too).

What do you dislike?

Mobile experience is a bit poor, I would prefer a stand-alone app rather than setting the account to work with Bananatag.

I found the paid plans (almost mandatory, considering the free plan is really just for a quick evaluation, given the limitations to the final experience) a bit expensive, even if the service could be worth it for users/firms that rely heavily on emails for their activities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pro plans are a bit on the expensive side and the free one is clearly limited, even for single users

I was able to schedule the sending of emails in a single passage, really easy and effective.

It is surely useful for many other reasons and I can totally see firms using it for tracking their sent emails activity, especially for commercial purposes.

Really time saving and useful.

Bananatag review by <span>Eric W.</span>
Eric W.

BananaTag Is great for many reasons

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to choose to track an email for free.

What do you dislike?

I wish it didn't automatically choose to track because you only get 5 a day on the free version.

I am seeing what emails get opened the most and what links are getting clicked. It has benefited the way I write emails and given me feedback on what needs to be improved.

Learning about Bananatag?

* We monitor all Bananatag reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.