Bandicam

Bandicam screen recorder makes it possible to record a certain area on a PC screen, or a program that uses the DirectX/OpenGL graphic technologies. Bandicam will help you carry out a video record with high compression ratio, while keeping the video quality closer to the original work, and provides performance far superior to other programs that provide similar functions.

Work for Bandicam?

Learning about Bandicam?

Categories

Bandicam Reviews

Showing 10 Bandicam reviews
Bandicam review by <span>Daniel S.</span>
Daniel S.

Bandicam, a great product at an amazing price.

What do you like best?

Along with the awesome price, Bandcam makes it extremely easy to capture audio and video directly from your PC. Before buying the licence you're also invited to test out the software with its free, trial, version.

I started using it to record audio/video from video games, it deals amazingly well with fast paced games and has a seamless recording. ( No lag, even on a lower end PC or laptop, from my experience )

Audio and video settings enable any user with a license to personalize almost everything of the recording experience. The software has a high compression rate but the quality rarely feels like a downgrade, even at smaller file sizes. The ability to switch the recording between a game, full screen and screen area, or even with an external device, is also a great feature which I love.

What do you dislike?

I've had some problems with corrupted videos, which I was able to fix with the tool provided by Bandicam themselves called Bandifix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version, have a run at it. If you're looking for a software that can handle capture of high speed games with a lot of movement or that need a high bitrate when recorded, Bandicam might be perfect for you. 4K UHD recording and high FPS recording are also a great feature that will make your videos look better.

Bandicam helped me with recording multiple videos a day, along with its smaller file size which has been a huge benefit. I was looking for software that would let me switch between multiple choices of recording area, at full 4K UHD and high FPS, 30, 60 and even 144 are supported.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bandicam
Bandicam review by <span>Warren D.</span>
Warren D.

Best software for screen recording and video tutorials

What do you like best?

BandiCam makes it easy to capture screen, voice and video simultaneously in a simple to use piece of software. I was able to see the software in action before I purchased my own license, but I could not think of a tool that captures screen, voice and video in an easier to use interface. It was originally designed for recording high speed gaming, so when using it for basic screen recording functionality, the image quality is second to none. I even transferred my license from 1 computer to another in about 5 minutes time. Very impressed with these guys.

What do you dislike?

I had some difficulty with the software remembering audio and video preferences, so I had to test every time I opened the software. The main problem was that I was using a dock half the time and the laptop on the go the other half. Long story short - it wasn't bandicam, but my computer was changing preferences and bandicam helped me figure that out. That being said, it's still worth testing everything before recording. Nothing worse than recording 30 minutes only to find out the audio didn't take.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best screen capture software out there for the money.

I am able to do all video screen recording for tutorials, tips, tricks and reviews through a simple to use system and never have to worry about video quality. Additionally, because of the multiple output options, I can edit and do further production no matter what production software I'm using.

What Gaming Tools solution do you use?

Bandicam review by <span>Aly N.</span>
Aly N.

Probably the best software you can buy for tutorials/walkthroughs.

What do you like best?

I use this software to record gaming sessions mostly, but it could be used for a number of things—including computer tutorials, demonstrations, academic online lessons, and of course walkthroughs like I use it for. The software is modeled for these things and that's clear from the get-go—you have the ability to activate a webcam through it and it does the corner placement for you, you can of course have the full range of picking and modifying your audio and video inputs, and there's probably even more advanced settings I haven't stumbled across yet.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I've had so far is running it with large games (like Fallout). It's crashed on me maybe once or twice over a year's use. And you kind of have to keep an eye on the settings when you open it up—the file type reset once and I lost about two hours of footage audio. That wasn't a fun night.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you keep an eye on your settings, you should be just fine. That's genuinely the only problem I've had so far and it's happened once.

This is more for recreational use, but I can see how this would solve a number of problems with program training, etc. in a business setting. I might recommend it to use for a software tutorial video at work.

Bandicam review by <span>Micheal G.</span>
Micheal G.

Fast, efficient screen recording software

What do you like best?

Bandicam can record very high quality videos, making it suitable for recording gameplay and product development videos for professional use.

The software can capture videos that contain DirectX or OpenGL contexts without including window borders. This runs optimally, and provides better performance and results than just recording that screen area, with smaller resulting filesizes.

Finally, the software is relatively cheap, and even has a free version that places a watermark, so you can test the features and performance before making any financial investment.

What do you dislike?

The user interface for Bandicam can be a little confusing when first using it. This is because it uses a custom frame for the window itself, making recognisable UI elements difficult to identify, and making the window boundaries unclear.

Finally, some of the default settings are not good choices. For example, anyone who is spending lots of their storage space to record videos is unlikely to want JPEG screenshots by default, and many users do not change their default settings prior to jumping in to the software.

Note: I found it very hard to identify issues with Bandicam, but I'm also a relatively new user of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a strong system. As with all capture programs, this software isn't ideal for weak computers.

I'm using Bandicam to record gameplay and development videos of my indie games. This allows me to show it to other users without having to have functioning builds, and teach other developers how I do certain things when IDEs aren't available or offline storage of tutorial videos are needed.

Bandicam review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Games
G2 Crowd User in Computer Games

Small app that lets you capture video with many options quickly and easily.

What do you like best?

Being able to record an area of the screen is perfect for being able to show off bugs for applications that aren't full screen, such as the apps that I work on.

What do you dislike?

UI used to be smaller and more condensed, which I preferred. The new UI works, but seems to take longer to load and is a little more busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a shot if you are in need of quickly recording your screen, even if only a partial section of the screen.

Being in QA, you need to document your movements to provide bugs to developers.

- Being able to record a certain area of a screen is paramount

- Hotkeys for easy start/stop

- Highlight mouse clicks

- Record at lower quality for ease of upload.

Bandicam review by <span>Justin G.</span>
Justin G.

A great game recorder and screen recorder application

What do you like best?

Compressed video sizes compared to FRAPS and high resolution video. Supports up to 4K recording and 144 Frames Per Second for video.

What do you dislike?

No built in streaming client like some other applications

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add integrated streaming options

Used for doing game recordings and then uploading to YouTube

Learning about Bandicam?

* We monitor all Bandicam reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories