Barracuda Essentials

4.0

All-In-One Cloud-Based Email Security, Backup, Archiving and eDiscovery for Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange

Work for Barracuda Essentials?

Learning about Barracuda Essentials?

Barracuda Essentials Reviews

Ask Barracuda Essentials a Question
Showing 12 Barracuda Essentials reviews
Barracuda Essentials review by Neisha P.
Neisha P.

"Using Barracuda, Does it Help?"

What do you like best?

I do like the purpose of Barracuda. It would be nice to have a software that could read my mind when it comes to junk email. I do like the white-list, a list of senders to have blocked. This software does do a great job at blocking viruses and malware. Since we have started using it at my work, I will have to admit that I have not received any bad emails.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the layout of the site, I found it a bit difficult to navigate when I was on my mobile device. I also would quarantine items that had been accepted in the past.

We are not spending so much time on our computers crashing because and employee unwittingly opened op and email with a virus. I do feel protected. It is also good for storing all of the millions of emails that a community college gets annually, those are government documents and are subject to the Freedom of Information Act and must be archived for a specified period of time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Barracuda Essentials
Barracuda Essentials review by User

"A good firewall for email"

What do you like best?

I think the Barracuda Essentials package is easy to use and gets the job done. It allows for us to conduct our workflow without the worry for phishing emails and securely backups up the precious data we've got. We can also conduct fake email phishing tests and other types of expeditions so that we can see how many of our fellow employees are failing phishing tests.

What do you dislike?

Like any cybersecurity product, there are false positives from time to time and that is somewhat annoying because we need to configure certain filters to ensure there isn't a hard block.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Barracuda Essentials is a great way to protect your users and really extends Outlook functionality. It is a must-have for all organizations, large and small.

One of the biggest issues we face as a team is social engineering and Barracuda Essentials for Outlook really helps alleviate potential phishing and other threats we face with email.

What Cloud Email Security solution do you use?

Barracuda Essentials review by User

"Best way to get rid of spam emails!"

What do you like best?

I used to get hundreds of spam emails a day. When our company started using Barracuda Essentials, it eliminated all of the spam emails I would get, as well as scams and malware. I am able to find the blocked emails and whitelist them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't access the emails that Barracuda Essentials blocks on your mobile phone. Just a little bit of an inconvenience. While the prices are high, I think it's worth the money.

The user interface is simple to use for anyone, regardless of their background with technology. Our entire company uses this software and it has tremendously helped save precious time and energy having to go in and delete useless, spam emails. You can also go in and specify message content filter allowed by subject, header, body, attachments, and more. The tech support system is always really helpful too if you have problems or issues. The few times I've had to call, I didn't have to wait on the phone any time at all and I didn't get put on endless hold.

Barracuda Essentials review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Email spam filtering, now in the cloud!"

What do you like best?

One less piece of hardware to manage onsite. Allows whitelisting and blacklisting to prevent false positives from not showing up in inbox. There will be some legit emails that get blocked, and spam that gets through, but rare.

What do you dislike?

If connection to your DC goes down, users will not be able to send emails. I was also locked out from administering and had to contact support to get back in. They were quick and responsive and gave me the access I needed to get back in and take care of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to create an admin account outside of domain for emergency reasons, in case you get locked out for any reason.

Mainly, it reduces the copious amounts of spam my end users receive on a daily basis. Couldn't live without it!

Barracuda Essentials review by Albert G.
Albert G.

"You know it work when you don't think about it"

What do you like best?

I like it that it doesn't take up any computer resources (RAM, CPU) and still manages to do a great job filtering and protecting our e-mail services.

What do you dislike?

I am uncertain of all the benefits that it offers. It runs in the background and rarely pops up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as your IT company is well-versed in servers this is a great tool to utilize to secure them. Make sure it also integrates with the email system you currently have in place.

Keeps our email servers safe and prevents us from getting additional spam and junk emails.

Barracuda Essentials review by User

"Security for emails and prime spam filter"

What do you like best?

We use Barracuda security as our chief firewall against spam, hacker emails, etc. I use the system pretty much daily to review emails that have been relegated to spam.

What do you dislike?

As good a job as it does, I do occasionally find legitimate emails in the folder Barracuda creates for spam, but it's not often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All I can say is that it does a good job in capturing a vast amount of spam and it is easy to scroll through as I often do to ensure nothing "good" has fallen into the net, as it were. It's easy to set and will automatically dump emails after a prescribed time period, so they don't add up.

Vastly reducing the amount of spam and potentially harmful emails that would otherwise be clogging my daily inbox.

Barracuda Essentials review by Obaib E.
Obaib E.

"Email Archiving and files store on Barracuda Essentials"

What do you like best?

The SaaS of barracuda is great, because a big company or bank like BBVA can archive all emails, files, contracts in one tool that provide good security and easy to scale.

What do you dislike?

The price is to expensive, and the need a lot of configurations. It's not easy to set up on production.

We are solving the security and holding of our emails, some minor documents and other files. We are testing this application, maybe on the future we will expand and use it more than right now.

Barracuda Essentials review by Aurora S.
Aurora S.

"Got To Love This"

What do you like best?

I have attempted such a significant number of various items for email documenting and nothing thinks about to this. Barracuda makes it overly quick and simple. We use it so as to have extra backups for our email and its a lifeline.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is the price of this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order to make sure your email is backed up you need this product! Your dumb if you dont give it a try

Email archiving

Barracuda Essentials review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Barracuda Essentials is the best way to protect and support your tech"

What do you like best?

Today's workforce has become very independent on technology, which is not always dependable in a variety of situations. Barracuda essentials has really made the exchanging of emails, not only dependable but extremely convenient for organizing and backing up emails.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I dislike about the software, although I do wish it sent fewer notifications as I feel at times I'm being flagged for viruses that are nonexistent.

Its a great tool for managing email accounts and backing up the information recorded in them for later review, if they ever need (especially because we have become incredibly dependent on technology).

Barracuda Essentials review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good spam detection, with some false positives"

What do you like best?

Keeps a lot of spam that would otherwise reach my inbox quarantined.

What do you dislike?

Barracuda quarantines a lot of emails that are harmless email campaigns from websites I follow

Our office receives a lot of spam from various sources. Barracuda helps keep that number down.

Barracuda Essentials review by Nik Z.
Nik Z.

"Barracuda Essentials is a must have tool for Office 365 users"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, good support services, easy to setup

What do you dislike?

Little difficult purchasing, had to use a vendor, so pretty sure the issue was with them.

Archiving

Backup

Spam filtering

Encryption

Barracuda Essentials review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Quick and easy implementation and use"

What do you like best?

User quarantine, allows users to check any blocked emails and release it without IT

What do you dislike?

Scoring system needs to be easier to use from administrative side

Blocking spam and control size of emails

Learning about Barracuda Essentials?

* We monitor all Barracuda Essentials reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.