Basecamp

4.0
(2,290)

Trusted by millions, Basecamp is a web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, milestones and more.

Work for Basecamp?

Learning about Basecamp?

Basecamp Reviews

Showing 2,305 Basecamp reviews
Basecamp review by Molly F.
Molly F.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Basecamp
Basecamp review by Hannah H.
Hannah H.

"The Easiest, Most Efficient Software For Project Management"

What do you like best?

I love the features. They really have thought of everything a team would need to manage not only projects but teams. The different forms of communication are perfect and the platform as a whole is intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The new clientside of the platform, even though great in theory, is not my favorite. It may just be the way our company utilizes Basecamp as a whole, but communicating with the client within projects is not my favorite. I don't like the old clientside either, where communication is through email. It confused clients and sometimes their replies came back into to Basecamp very weird.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can assign a task to more than one person if the task requires more than one person, however, it would be cool if you could assign a lead so that that person takes the lead in deciding when the task is complete and they can check it off.

Project management and team communication. Basecamp has made our company realize that we are well equipped to be a remote company. Basecamp makes communication, time tracking, and project management very easy. I love that is central as well. We don't have two have different platforms. One for communication and one for project management. You get it all in Basecamp

What Project Management solution do you use?

Basecamp review by Kevin E.
Kevin E.

"People need to commit to good systems for them to work properly."

What do you like best?

Basecamp is a great way to organize, manage, and delegate tasks relating to individual projects. We all have many projects to work on and needing to have conversations with co-works about that can get muddy and basecamp helps keep the right conversations in the right places!

What do you dislike?

It isn't basecamp's fault, but people are the biggest problem. My organization doesn't require it but my department has committed to using it and it is getting better. Unless people are trained well and (almost) forced to use it, the benefits are not as great as they would be if everyone used it as their primary way to communicate.

My team plans conferences virtually and basecamp allows us to have great, contextualized communication. One benefit I've seen relates to a national conference we hosted with 7 locations last year: Our "working group" was able to discuss national norms in our "Team" and then our location-specific planners were able to work through the uniqueness of their locations in the "projects" with their clients.

Basecamp review by Amanda  P.
Amanda P.

"My favorite task management system"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is an easy to use task management system that allows you to communicate with your team no matter where you are. I particularly like that I can assign tasks to our team in Wisconsin while being in New Jersey without any discrepancies of noncommunication. Another great feature is being able to make group announcements such as being out of the office or wishing someone happy birthday. It's a very smart way to track your employee's workflow throughout the day as well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like about the system, except maybe the theme or look of the program could be customizable to what style you prefer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend turning on email notifications so that you do not miss an alert or assignment in case you are not logged into the program. This is sort of like a second reminder to look at a task that is assigned to you.

Some business problems we are solving by using Basecamp is I am able to go back to old tasks and look at timestamps in case a client has any issues with deadlines. This has helped our team tremendously with completing tasks on time.

Basecamp review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Good for what it does--but has become expensive."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Basecamp is that it does exactly what it says it'll do. It's easy to use so getting team members on the platform and going is no issue at all. I like the interface overall and the ability to keep all my documents and collaboration in one place.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that it feels like the developers really hold back when it comes to new features. For instance, getting calendar integration into the new basecamp just isn't going to happen, even though it was in a previous version. I wish they were a bit more forward-thinking about this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not bad, but it is expensive. If I were setting this up myself, I'd look at alternative software. But if your company or a company you work with is already using it, you'll find it easy to use.

I'm able to work with multiple organizations who all use Basecamp and keep all our efforts in one place. Nice way to help us collaborate.

Basecamp review by moraima v.
moraima v.

""Collaborative tool for teams as the best option to manage projects in a very easy way" "

What do you like best?

I love this application because it is effective to coordinate functions and share files, tasks and documents, deadlines, tasks and objectives in complex projects that require the intervention of several collaborators, it is ideal to work collaboratively. In fact I like it because it is a great organizer and task manager, it allows me to transform documents, organize, store and manage projects with other members that collaborate with the work, it is very useful and effective for communication, it is optimal and immensely productive for work performance.

What do you dislike?

I dislike it because it does not have reports on issues to use in a short time; it is very basic or elementary. Similarly, it does not offer hierarchy and permission levels with users. In addition, the team does not update or modify the tool without prior notice. It also does not protect the information of the projects carried out, since this is not safe, leaving the investigation on the user's account. It does not allow the use of the same user and password for several people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

• I recommend it for being software that is characterized by being a fundamental factor for the success of any task, because it is simple, intuitive and collaborative.

• Because it is a very practical and useful tool, because it has allowed me to work with the members of the work team that carry out a project, that we stay tuned with respect to what we are working on, since everything is registered and we are informed before the hearing within the system.

• Allows sharing files with other users, storing each one of the versions of it, as well as using text documents in collaboration with several users.

• The benefits are very successful because it has allowed me to manage the complex task of directing and managing projects in a systematic and orderly manner.

• It has brought me benefits because I have used it and it has revitalized me the activities for the management of the projects in the educational performance and with my colleagues in the labor field.

• It has benefited me in the management of projects not only of the work team but also individual.

• In my work experience, as a student and educator, it has led me to great benefits because it is a very useful tool and has many functions.

Basecamp review by Kim M.
Kim M.

"Helpful for specific use cases"

What do you like best?

Basecamp gives me a good way to organize projects with many tasks and assign them to multiple people across a team. I like that I can change who a task is assigned to and include notes and updates associated with tasks. I also like that we can set up automatic check-ins with my team on a regular basis. People get the check-in emails and can share their progress and any problems without having to schedule a meeting.

What do you dislike?

There is not a clear workflow with Basecamp so many of the people on my team use it in different ways. This makes it more difficult to have a cohesive workflow among the team. For example, one person might use it to organize all their to-dos associated with a project, while someone else might only use it to document major milestones and deliverables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop an internal workflow before rolling it out to your team.

We are using Basecamp to organize projects that span multiple teams and functional units. This significantly reduces the number of meetings we need to have because we can see where different groups are on a project all at once. Basecamp makes it easier for us to give project updates to our clients also because the information is collected in one place.

Basecamp review by Shivani S.
Shivani S.

"Basecamp provides efficient project management service. "

What do you like best?

Basecamp, if used properly, could totally eliminate the need for internal email. In fact, I insist my team use Basecamp instead of email. Basecamp focuses communication on the work being done and allows everyone a view on the conversation. This is a problem with email, and merely forwarding all the time doesn't really fix the problem of keeping a large team 100% informed. Plus, we all know that no one reads their email.

What do you dislike?

Basecamp helps my company to know which members of each department on working on a client. With the due date feature, users can indicate time-sensitive or priority matters. This feature is optional, which allows our company to distinguish between short term tasks and long term goals. Basecamp's design is checklist-oriented.

The software is perfect for intra-department non-client work. For example, the account management team uses this feature to collaborate on building a new template for our client presentations.

Basecamp review by Miriam Betsave O.
Miriam Betsave O.

"SIMPLIFY YOUR WORK, MANAGING YOUR PROJECTS UNTIL YOU CONSOLIDATE THEM WITH BASECAMP. "

What do you like best?

Of course I like it, it is very intuitive, simple and easy to use, being one of the most used applications among project managers, which has helped me to simplify my life, making it more productive, since it performs very basic functions, which They have been optimized to manage and coordinate projects successfully in real time. It has been wonderful to be able to see all the programs with desboard, with calendars and actions, access the projects, assign tasks, set delivery dates, plan a calendar, in short a whole battery, for the achievement of the objectives fulfilled for the realization of the Projects

What do you dislike?

I really think that the free version is of little use, to be used in project management, since you can only do one, having to migrate to a paid version, in order to obtain more functions and more capacity to carry out new projects. This application, although it is very easy to use, requires some time to learn, so if the user does not correctly adopt the application may have problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to manage your projects successfully, you must have Basecamp, with it you can also manage the communication of your company and the organization of your projects, together with your business partners, so that you will have a single platform the team. You can create communication channels, and generate messages as a conversation, where you can also share files. Each time a query is made, the application sends a notification that the participants can respond from their emails, allowing to centralize the communication and generating an open and transparent flow. The control of man hours facilitates the monitoring of the work and the counting of hours of work of each professional, something very important for the internal management of the projects, being able to add collaborators, clients or external suppliers and also account for their work

In my case, it helped me to improve the efficiency in the coordination of processes, and it allows me to prevent problems, by giving a vision, both of the work that each team is doing, and in the progress of the project as a whole, so that I have achieved Minimize errors, and respond quickly to given requests. Coordination and project management, allows creating a work schedule, with specific tasks, dividing them by areas, assigning tasks to each person, establishing delivery dates and a reminder for delivery. Something, which has really been helpful, is that I can have Basecamp on my Smartphone, which allows me to attend the projects and be aware of everything that happens with them, even if I am not in my office.

Basecamp review by Erinn D.
Erinn D.

"Overall positive experience using Basecamp for work"

What do you like best?

Basecamp allows me and my colleagues to collaborate in a shared platform that includes messaging, document housing, to-do lists, etc. I especially like the to-do's. The website is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a better app that could be accessed from mobile devices, Mac's and PC's rather than needing to rely on the website. The website is user-friendly but it is hard to motivate my co-workers to check it consistently. Some of the pings that Basecamp sends are quite annoying and cannot be disabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend doing a small training session with your employees to ensure that everyone knows how to use the website/projects before using it as an organizing tool.

Basecamp allows me to show my co-workers our shared timelines, calendars, and to-do's for specific projects, making it much easier to manage multiple projects at once. I really appreciate the way the Basecamp allows me to create several different projects, group chats, and organizing groups at once. In an organization where many of our staff wear several hats, it has been very helpful.

Basecamp review by Rebecca G.
Rebecca G.

"Need to be more organized? Basecamp has you covered!"

What do you like best?

This tool is extremely necessary if you're working with a large team on different projects all the time. In order to keep things organized, keep people organized, and keep projects moving in a forward manner, you need Basecamp. It allows you to comment, have clients on certain things, add due dates and files all in one spot.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can get quite overwhelming if you have a lot going on but if you take the time to go through each task or activity, you'll get the hang out of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you first get on Basecamp, it can appear to be extremely overwhelming. But just give it a few days and you'll get the hang of it. You'll realize how easy everything is and how organized it can all be if you just take a few minutes to put things where they need to go!

We are able to organize tasks based on importance and when they need to be done. We are also able to keep the client in the loop on where things are at or how they're looking by tagging them in different tasks. It gets things done and keeps all the information we need in one place instead of in a bunch of different places like email and Skype.

Basecamp review by Eugenie C.
Eugenie C.

"Teamwork to become organized"

What do you like best?

Basecamp allows you to lead your business more organized and understandable. With Basecamp, each employee can easily find the document or letter they need. In the interior of your template you can see the basic tools for your work, such as a notification board, which will allow you to post the necessary information for your colleagues, there is also a chat room, to quickly solve all problems, schedule, to publish terms of work, etc.

What do you dislike?

The service is expensive for small businesses. There are problems with the calendar. But all the problems that arise are easy to solve with the help of the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service is one of the best in its market. Your employees will be able to perform their work faster with Basecamp. It works uniquely for long-term projects. You will be satisfied with the work of the Basecamp.

Basecamp helped to make our work more organized. All employees know where all necessary documents are, and everyone can get what they need, this is important when the team works across the country.

Basecamp review by Samuel O.
Samuel O.

""Basecamp managing projects in an easy, simple, but efficient way" "

What do you like best?

It really is nice to work with Basecamp, it is an application with a simple design and for its simplicity, it can be easily used by anyone. It is ideal for managing and organizing tasks, being probably the most popular project manager among internet users and fulfilling all the functions of the best tools for collaborative work. I can access all the projects in which I am participating and create the real possibility of virtual approach of people, focusing on communication, collaboration and integration, to manage projects and teams.

What do you dislike?

Despite being a very complete, unfortunate software, it does not allow you to customize the account, to change the existing schemes, nor to insert the company logo, or any modification you wish to make. Also, its free version is limited in its functions, and only one project can be carried out and it is not integrated with other applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool for the success of collaborative work and the organization of tasks, managing small and large online projects, helping companies and groups to complete tasks in a more functional way. An uninterrupted dialogue channel can be created, since the emails are integrated into the internal messaging of Basecamp.

It has increased the productivity of the company by the contribution of all those involved in the project. It allows you to perform other tasks, being able to download the application on your Smartphone, so that you can attend and monitor your projects without being confined to an office. We have also helped us assign tasks correctly to team members and be able to track their progress. The implementation of the whiterboars has also been very useful, with which we have edited the text in a collaborative way, making it possible for everyone to edit and share texts.

Basecamp review by Mehmet G. A.
Mehmet G. A.

"Perfect for simple project management"

What do you like best?

Anyone can start using it the moment they subscribe to. Their interface is not that complicated and the tool offers good solutions for smaller teams that doesn't deal with workflows.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't recommend it to a team who is more familiar with Kanban or scrum. Yes, they offer plugins to solve that necessity but those solutions are not that user friendly. You end up creating two different logins to migrate your basecamp projects to scrum or Kanban interfaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their interface is simple, but at least offering Kanban will take them to the next level.

It helps with task assignments and organization throughout a small team. Our delivery rate improved and no tasks left behind since we started using Basecamp. Fully transitioning to this new tool took a while but I am happy for the time being. We'll probably continue using it until our department doubles (exceeds 10).

Basecamp review by Tim S.
Tim S.

"Excellent tool for project and team management"

What do you like best?

Basecamp makes project and task management really easy. I love the tasks function and how I can create create a task, assign it to myself or another team member, and add a due date. I can even add comments or notes to the task itself. Another cool feature is the news activity bar. It makes it easy to see what's on my plate for that day and also see what tasks other people are completing. It really helps to keep tabs on everything if you're involved in multiple projects at once.

What do you dislike?

The feature I miss is a way to setup recurring tasks. Currently there is no way to set up a recurring task through the todos. Instead it has to be setup through the calendar function. It still works, but there's no way to mark that single recurrence as done. That leads to often forgetting to do the task you were reminded about.

Since some of our team members are working remotely, it has really helped to keep projects organized and have all ideas and discussions in one place. Having a long discussion through email can get confusing as those emails will get buried by new emails coming in so it's great to be able to log in to Basecamp and open up a project and see everything there.

Basecamp review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Custom projects and with the help of equipment."

What do you like best?

In my opinion, I believe that Basecamp is a platform that in recent years has left much to talk about, providing great ideas to the industry and providing the best quality of projects. I really like that this platform worries so much about the quality and comfort that the client has in his user experience, and that allows the fact of being able to communicate constantly with each of the colleagues, since this at a certain point facilitates the taking of decisions and the ideas that may arise in the elaboration of a labor project.

What do you dislike?

Basecamp has very high prices with respect to the few features offered in the higher plans. On the other hand, I would like to emphasize that prices are a very influential factor in the purchase decision making, and that it would be better to offer prices adapted to what they actually offer.

Another feature that I do not like about Basecamp is the mobile platform, since through this App you can not perform the same work as from the web, leaving computer communication almost unusable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without a doubt I would recommend Basecamp, it is a platform that gives a lot to talk about, its design is really favorable for anyone who uses it and it supplements functions that help a lot in the constant elaboration of projects.

I have used Basecamp for more than 5 years within my company, and in my opinion, it has had a totally resounding success, providing much better results than expected. Basecamp has helped us to communicate as a team, to share ideas and solutions about the management used in the projects. It should be noted that Basecamp has had a good ROI in our company, providing up to 250% in a period of 2 years.

Basecamp review by Louis R.
Louis R.

"Basecamp is an amazing management software. "

What do you like best?

It's simple interface makes managing multiple projects a dream. I'm over seeing everything from product launch to creative development. I have a larger team working on a broad array of projects. Basecamp let me go in, add tasks, easily check progress and get updated on everything in a manner of minutes. If I let my notifications go untouched for most of the day, Basecamp is so easy to use that I can clear my Heystack notifications (usually 60+) in a few minutes. Updates are that clear!!!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's sometimes difficult to convince others who have degrees or certifications in project management (or those who would like to be such people) that Basecamp is a true powerhouse of project management.

The main benefit of Basecamp is the ability to assign out specific tasks to specific individuals and with a due date.

Basecamp review by Ayushi N.
Ayushi N.

"Not User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The best thing about base camp is that its really colorful. Announcement section is really good, it is really good for internal office communication. You can easily maintain your assignments and coordinate with your team easily. And also, you are aware about the work done by your team everyday.

What do you dislike?

Not as user friendly, there are few good features to it, but all in all I do not like this software that much. It lags all the time. Notifications can not be delivered promptly. It is a bit confusing. The main issue I have with this software is many a times, I dont even know if someone sends me a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its good for assigning work, projects within your team and to the subordinates. Coordination in case of work assigned is easy within the team Tracking of the task assigned to the subordinates is simpler. But it lags communication vice, receiving notifications is not prompt.

Assignments are properly allotted to the fellow team members. And also its easy to track the work.

Basecamp review by Emi U.
Emi U.

"It is one of the best options to order and control a project."

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, the control panels are practical.

Excellent for monitoring and control of projects.

Manages a calendar of notifications for the execution of specific and general activities of a project.

Organize my agenda and it is a good option to plan short-term projects.

You can add other users to the project and maintain a fluid contact with those involved, as well as notifying if any member modified any activity or status, and allows you to send a daily report of any assignment

What do you dislike?

Despite being a good tool and easy to use, it has space limitations for the development of several projects at the same time. Does not allow the upload of support material that is very heavy

In addition to not having an option like the gantt table for the chronological tracking of the execution of tasks, it does not have a bank or library to protect the attachments involved in the tasks

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a simple and basic instrument for monitoring and control, and to generate status in project management

In the holistic center we manage many agendas at the same time and training workshops, as well as projects for each patient we receive, basecamp works as a multi-task organizer in the short term

Basecamp review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Useful Project Management System"

What do you like best?

It's easy to see upcoming tasks and project progress. You can loop in anyone on updates and keep everyone informed of a project's status and updates. What's also nice is that you can hide certain things from your clients, so if you'd like to review something within your team, you don't have to worry about nosy clients coming in and leaving feedback before the team is ready. It also integrates well with other systems, such as Roadmap for time tracking, Formstack and Zapier for tracking requests. It has the capability to create project templates, which makes creating multiple projects with very similar deliverables or tasks very easy. On the average project, I use the discussions, to-do lists, files, and text documents. It makes it easy to see in a snapshot what updates has happened in a project and where the most important information lives.

What do you dislike?

I wish the pieces of Basecamp would interact more, for example, I wish I could create events in a project that would populate into the Calendar tool. I also wish I could drag and drop my starred projects to be able to better organize them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite minor flaws, I think Basecamp is an excellent tool for project management.

Basecamp helps everyone stay informed on projects and provides one nice, neat place for all project information to live, rather than having to go through a million emails to find a piece of information.

Basecamp review by Chance M.
Chance M.

"Basecamp is a good place to start"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is a solution that is super easy to deploy. It's a prebuilt package and can easily be scaled into many groups and users when needed. Pricing structure is great as it is a flat fee and not by user.

What do you dislike?

Graphic are a little cheesy. Will I like how easy it was to deploy. In more advanced uses it can get a little tricky to dance around the limitations of a pre-built solution. It's not as friendly when trying to work with users who are outside of your organization. It is very easy to wind up with duplicated projects as there is no way to see if one already exists unless you are invited to the group. There is not a way to link from tasks between projects. The calendar interfaces can be a little clunky and there not a great general timeline. There is a lack of monetary tracking and there should probably be another tier or two of users. Admins and Owners is a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure as people open projects or groups they are inviting everyone. It's very easy for two people to create duplicate projects simply because no one took the lead and someone didn't get invited.

Prior to Basecamp our agency had no project management solution. Everything was being organized via emails and paper schedules. Having a digital platform has made a world of difference as we are one office that is spread all around the state.

Basecamp review by Tristan C.
Tristan C.

"Great for managing multiple projects!"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is very clear and organized with delineations between projects, groups of tasks within a project, and organizing tasks across projects. I love that level of control I have over notifications so I can create non-work hours and work hours when to be notified about a task due or when someone else has completed a task I need to know about.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the file storage and organization system were a bit stronger but that is not the primary function of this software for us. It works just fine but I wish it were organized more like a list of folders and not large pictures of folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like this setup more than another product we use (starts with a T) for project management. The control over assignments, assigning tasks, notifications, and level of organization really makes it worth paying for (versus free software). Conversations on tasks within BC keep my email inbox from getting overly full with information I won't need till later (i.e., much easier to retrieve than digging through 2 week old emails).

Project managment.

Basecamp review by Sherry T.
Sherry T.

"Helpful for Teams"

What do you like best?

Basecamp provides an easy way for all members of a team to stay in the loop. It prompts members to update as regularly as needed and can share the updates, daily even, if needed via email with all other members.

What do you dislike?

As a member, I wish there was a way for you to select who's updates you receive via email. It seems I can turn them all off, or turn them all on but maybe I'm not familiar with that functionality just yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking at Basecamp as an option to your workplace needs, then it is no doubt perfect for you. It resolves the major issues with keeping on task and working together jointly. Highly recommend.

This allows managers to be aware of the status and activity of all members in their team. It helps us to work unitedly toward one end goal.

Basecamp review by Mariana M.
Mariana M.

"Magnificent platform to organize your tasks and projects"

What do you like best?

It has an interface that is not complicated to use to share tasks and documents with your work team. By having all the tasks of the project assigned with the times established for its realization, you can have a general vision of who of your team efficiently fulfills its work and who needs help, which enhances the sense of collaboration in the work team.

What do you dislike?

The interface tends to look better on mobile devices than on the PC, it is important to work the aesthetics of the platform with background colors, among other things that will help to be visually much more attractive.

Keeps the entire work team attentive to the fulfillment of their tasks, it is easy to notice when you are delayed in a project and you must get up to date, improves the competitive level of the company

Basecamp review by Saurabh G.
Saurabh G.

"Effective but Costly Software for a Small Company"

What do you like best?

- Ease of use: The onboarding is smooth and easy

- Email Summaries: Provides a daily summary of what happened in a day

- Collaboration is easy: Easy to invite people and it is easy to assign tasks because the interface is slick and I can do that without touching the mouse (which is something I really admire about their designer).

What do you dislike?

- Did not have Gantt charts earlier so it was difficult to know how long a project went/task takes. They have introduced Gantt charts but it is very unimpressive because it is based on events.

- Costly for companies that are still small (2-10 people). The pricing is not user based so that means that they treat you exactly similar as that of Amazon (if Amazon was their client). They will pay the same dollars as I do. This I believe needs to change.

- I am not sure but I don't know to get user analytics on this. For example, how productive someone was.. bases of just the assignment of works to thta person

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will know that email don't work when you have 100s of things moving.

- Organizing tasks across functions and areas of work

- Tracking progress of the works that were supposed to be done in a week and what does their progress looks like today.

- General project management (but only to a very limited area -- because the resourcing part is not very smooth) here.

Basecamp review by Kelley  C.
Kelley C.

"It's a nice program"

What do you like best?

I like how people can come collaborate on a project together. We can give our members a link, and they can go and see how far along we are on a project. They can see what we have done, and what needs to be done still. That makes it really nice because we don't get as many calls from our members asking how we are doing on a project. Since they have something that they can go to and see whenever they want, it makes them a happier client in general. They might not understand everything that we do on those lists, but they can see that we have been checking them off.

What do you dislike?

We don't have the most tech saavy clients, so sometimes it is hard to get them to respond. Especially since the emails are coming from Basecamp, and not our company. Maybe if we could add a skin to basecamp so that it looks more seamless with our company branding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would love to see the ability to add a skin to basecamp so that it looks like it is being sent from us, instead of basecamp.

I mostly used Basecamp for our members to see how far along we are in buildling a website proof for them. It benefits us because they see that we are working on their project in real time. It just gives our member some idea of how much longer they have till they will have a proof that they can see.

Basecamp review by Alfredo H.
Alfredo H.

"Enhance You Client Relationships Using Basecamp for Document Sharing"

What do you like best?

1) Ease of use; 2) ability to readily structure documents into single or multi-level folders; 3) our clients aren't obligated to license Basecamp to access/download documents; 4) Basecamp invites and curates comments; 5) client contacts can be readily added for document access, with customized email invitations; 6) schedules can be set for task assignments; 7) a message board can be used to provide update info to those on distribution; 8) there's an attractive price-point option for a 2-user firm, with an upgrade path to use without any user maximum (note the low price-point allows you to engage an unlimited number of customers, limited only to a generous overall data storage cap.

What do you dislike?

What would be useful would be capturing the number of customer document opens and dates opened via a downloadable CSV file.

Note the customer service response to a query via email is pretty good for the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skip Dropbox or other similar tools for transferring files to clients. Instead, stretch your relationship expectations serviced with Basecamp.

1. Providing clients with shared documents that they can readily download on demand, not having it lost or misplaced in their Word or email folders; and 2. We are interested in cultivating dialog based on our documents provided, captured in comments that are curated, rather than lost, or remaining segmented in a series of emails. Benefits realized include greater service differentiation valued by clients; ease in validating which documents were made available to clients; ability to shape how documents are accessed by a client based on our structured organization.

Basecamp review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"Excellent Collaboration Platform"

What do you like best?

I have been using this platform for about a year now and it is absolutely AMAZING! I can not say enough about it. I use this platform to communicate with a marketing firm located in Calgary, 1,00s of miles away.It easily allows us to collaborate on multiple projects, share documents and discuss plans all without having to get on a conference call. You can even pick and choose who is part of the conversation. Every time a post is made a notification is sent via email to alert you that the collaboration has continued. It is a wonderful platform.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing bad to say about this program. The only thing I would say is that upload times are a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a team collaboration platform, this is the one I would choose hands down. It is extremely easy to use, allows entire teams to be part of the conversation and keeps all of your documents and conversations organized and in one place. I love this program.

It allows me to collaborate with my marketing teams thousands of miles away. We are able to stay on track and collaborate on projects in real time.

Basecamp review by Alan S.
Alan S.

"Keeping the Team Informed"

What do you like best?

I guess I would start by saying what don't I like about Basecamp? The interface is very user friendly, set-up is painless, on-boarding staff to the platform is seamless and the multiple levels of communication make it our go to communication venue for all things team & project related.

What do you dislike?

Being unable to delete a message that is no longer valuable or extraneous would be nice and sometimes the ping feature for updating progress has a lag, but all in all I have found Basecamp either meets or exceeds our expectations several times over!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool that can help you stay abreast of projects, the people that service them and the outcomes and processes that bring them to completion, then Basecamp is for you!

Our unit utilizes Basecamp to communicate, collaborate, update and schedule everything. We provide up to date schedules for events for the spaces we are responsible for, review upcoming projects and communicate in real time issues that require immediate or proactive interventions!

Basecamp review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Basecamp is a simple and straightforward project management system for good collaboration."

What do you like best?

I like that people can all see, comment, and upload files on the same project for collaboration.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to navigate away from your central "My Assignments" page to see a task. I end up opening several tabs at once just so I can go back and forth between tasks. It would be nice it there was a way for the "My Assignments" page to have dropdowns of the description, comments, etc. so that you could just stay of the same page to look at projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say Basecamp is a good tool for small groups and businesses to keep projects in order and up to date. It isn't completely user-friendly, but it's worth the collaborative benefits.

We are managing "tickets" (our incoming projects and requests) for our media team. We use basecamp to track progress and changes as the projects move forward. We also use Basecamp to track deadlines.

Basecamp review by Allisan P.
Allisan P.

"Great tool for business that handle many projects."

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly and effectively communicate with other team members allows for quick project completion. There are multiple mediums of communication within Basecamp allowing us to effectively communicate to a large number of team members at a time. There are locations in basecamp where we can place each project that we have previously worked on, making it possible to reference them for others projects that we may be doing that are similar to the previous one. There are also places to directly communicate to one team member at a time making it so that if we need to connect with just one person on the same platform, we are able to without disturbing the entire team.

What do you dislike?

There are some instances were to do's may get lost/ not received but this is simply because of the user and not because of basecamp

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool if you are looking to complete each project with ease and great collaboration.

The ability to complete projects without having to have an entire team meet every day. There are instances were we were once unable to host meetings where every participant would be able to attend however this form of media allows us to effectively communicate with a large team. There are multiple ways to communicate within Basecamp making it possible for us to have clear and concise direction for each team member involved in a project big or small.

Basecamp review by Kisenn H.
Kisenn H.

"Very renewed design, updated every, nice basecamp."

What do you like best?

Basecamp has a very renewed design and is updated every so often to provide variety and a different comfort at every moment, in my opinion, it is very convenient to carry out projects and at the same time communicate with your work team, either to ask for any questions or share information from the chatroom.

What do you dislike?

In spite of the good thing that it is to use Basecamp and the excellent functions that it has in the elaboration of projects, it has many errors in the self-saving and in the manual saving of each project, often the projects are not saved properly with the self-saving and this brings loss of valuable information that was written but for any interruption was not saved correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp for companies that want to carry out projects or that want to start on a good footing in projects, since with Basecamp it is very easy to carry them out and they will have an assured success.

With Basecamp I have managed to maintain a good expectation when carrying out each of the projects, since with each function that Basecamp has, I can complement the projects very well and achieve immediate success, and make them in a matter of minutes and then present them. It's amazing how Basecamp has changed the way I do projects for my company, now I have had much greater success in my company.

Basecamp review by Allison M.
Allison M.

"Features and solve very well projects Basecamp."

What do you like best?

Basecamp has very good features to solve very well each project, take it to immediate success and also, provide an exclusive design that surprises many people, it is fantastic the way in which success is achieved with Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

The prices of Basecamp are very high, even though it is very good software and its features exceed the "basics" of each program, I think they should lower their prices to achieve an immediate accessibility to each of their work plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to someone who wants to take the creativity of projects to their company, with Basecamp you can achieve that and much more in a few moments.

With Basecamp I have managed to maintain a certain accuracy of success in every project I do for my company, I have also been able to use it to communicate with my team through ChatRoom and share different files or important information.

Basecamp review by Amber M.
Amber M.

"Great for collaboration"

What do you like best?

I love that the app is both mobile friendly and computer friendly. So I can take a picture on my phone and directly upload it into basecamp without having to first put it on my computer. I also love that we can create teams and to-do lists within the teams. It has really helped us get projects finished since most of us work varying schedules and aren't always in the office at the same time.

What do you dislike?

This is probably petty but I really liked the thumbs up button and the Mario soundbite. The boosts are ok but I much prefer the thumbs up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software for helping with team projects, especially if you aren't all in the same location and aren't able to have face to face meetings.

We use it to work on projects that need several departments input. It helps us get the projects finished sooner because we don't have to wait for all of us to be in the office at the same time (which doens't happen often enough)

Basecamp review by Wanda M.
Wanda M.

"Basecamp: excellent intuitive tool for a variety of projects"

What do you like best?

The functionality of basecamp is impressive. Intuitive use, easy organization, depending on what type of people you are working with (tech. vs. non -tech), learning curve upon first using it is moderate and thus it is fairly easy to invite new people to projects.

What do you dislike?

If you are inviting people who have no experience with Basecamp, the learning curve could be a bit steeper. Also, you need to set your notifications wisely, otherwise you will be swamped with messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have looked at several other project management tools and this seems to be quite an intuitive to use tool, visually and conceptually easy to understand. If you can get your team committed to using it, it will be an invaluable help in getting thing planned, tracked, refined and completed across different departments or even just within your team. The archive function will let you go back to anything you have done and retrieve it for future projects. A great tool!

Project Management, communication between different departments, easier workflow, I know where people are at with their projects, or where the project is at. No longer need to skim through emails to find files, etc.

Basecamp review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Super Easy Collaboration Space"

What do you like best?

What I liked most about Basecamp was how user friendly it is. It's very straight forward on how to build projects, add people, comment, attach files, etc. I also like the other all look and feel of Basecamp. Other larger platforms can be a little too stuffy but Basecamp is still inviting and friendly with it's styling.

What do you dislike?

Overall there isn't any I really don't like about Basecamp. I suppose that if this is the only tool you're using as a business it can become overwhelming. The companies that I've worked for that have used it use it only with specific clients. If Basecamp was your main base for a multi-client organization it might become overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is great if you're a smaller company or if you use it for specific projects. If you're a large company with a large variety of clients this probably wont be the best option to manage all of that.

The companies I worked for that used Basecamp used it so that internally and externally we could stay on top of projects. For clients that ran multiple projects at once Basecamp served as one central area that my team and the clients team could come together to work on items.

Basecamp review by Chelsea H.
Chelsea H.

"Best Software for Tasks and Projects"

What do you like best?

The "To-dos" section is super helpful and easy to organize. It has really helped my team keep on track with our various assignments. You can easily see when it's due, who is completing it, details, etc. My team loves it! I also love the fun elements it allows for - emojis, group chats (my team really loves this feature, called Campfire), private chats, photo uploads, etc. Basecamp is fun to use, which makes work fun to complete! It also keeps us on track and focused for project completion.

What do you dislike?

The "Campfire" feature, which allows for group discussions between team members, is hard to locate sometimes. It should be in the task bar at the top of the program, but instead is located inside each project folder. (Not the worst problem to have overall, though).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful for task management!

-Client notes. Basecamp's Docs & Files section allows my team to store and easily update our client or relationship notes. We can easily send them to others on our team for reviewing as well.

-Task completion. The To-dos section is most helpful for our team, and solves task management issues by allowing us to manage our assignments much easier.

-Group chats. Both the "Pings" and "Campfire" sections of the software allow for great team interaction, both fun and professional. We are able to maintain healthy relationships by utilizing these features, as well as stay on track with important information or updates from team members.

Basecamp review by María José P.
María José P.

"The best tool to manage projects"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very good design and all the tools that complement it are developed to manage projects, manage tasks and reminders with delivery dates. It's easy to adapt to working with Basecamp, and when I searched for software to integrate my team, I was definitely thinking of something like that.

What do you dislike?

I think there can be something that I dislike about this software, it has everything I can imagine and it saves me a lot of time without having to bother sending so many emails.

Basecamp has innovated the way we work, we see who does the tasks and meets the deadlines without sending annoying reminders, even meetings are no longer a headache because there is no need to move to another site, both Planning schedules as reports are now a faster task.

Basecamp review by Kimbra B.
Kimbra B.

"Plan and win"

What do you like best?

I like the central "meeting point" for all collaborators, that you can share files, proofs, and information all in one place. Straightforward interface. Features like "Automatic Check-Ins" keep the team on task. Integration with Google Docs is just perfect. It is convenient to have a calendar of events. Not a bad mobile version.

What do you dislike?

Impossibility to assign tasks to more than one person. There are no dependencies for tasks. Also in the system, there is no Gantt chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since the release of the product, work is constantly underway to improve the quality: developers provide access to the API, support mobile clients, constantly release widgets and plug-ins for integration into third-party products.

Basecamp was the first tool I used when I was creating a project from the beginning. When a huge amount of information collapses on you, Basecamp brilliantly manages to fill the database and structure all the information, so I do not regret that I worked and still keep part of the strategic documentation in it.

Basecamp review by Asia K.
Asia K.

"Great project software !"

What do you like best?

Ease of using Basecamp is great when you compare with other similar products. This software allows you to lead your team and company more understandable and organized. With Basecamp It 's really fast to share documents with each other in organization. With chat room you can be always in contact with anyone being in the program and to publish the news and to do list to inform your organization fast and safe.

What do you dislike?

I can say sometimes some of futures has problem but these are not really unresolvable problems of course. Also Basecamp may be expensive for most of small companies and businesses.Mobile version is not effective as much as website version so Mobile version should be improved. I do not have any complain about program expect for these ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend for anyone who want to create new projects for company. You can be in contact with your mates and creative in your work field with Basecamp.

I am using Basecamp to make my team organized and ready for new projects. Also I can communicate with them whenever I want and in anywhere with Chatroom. We are always in touch and sharing documents with each other and monitoring everything thanks to Basecamp.

Basecamp review by Ian C.
Ian C.

"Easy-to-use project collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

The interface and workflow is very straight-forward and easily accessible to users of all technology background. Discussions and tasks are intuitive to start, update, and close. Email notifications are nicely laid out and you can update discussions and tasks via email response. The ability to reply to discussions via email is also very well-done. Overall, the user interface is easy to use. Low cost of operational maintenance because there is virtually no sysadmin requirements. Attached files are kept in central, easy-to-locate location. Interface is nicely done. Conversations are archived. Attaching and sharing files is easily done.

What do you dislike?

Discussions for large project teams can be difficult to keep up with over time. It's essential that discussion owners close threads promptly. Task updates are similar. Not a dislike but tasks offer very basic status functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use and has low learning curve. Does not offer deep project task functionality. Our subscriptions did not integrate with organizational login. However, this eased setup and working with vendors.

Our vendors used Basecamp as a simple way to interact with our team for both small and large projects. The ease-of-use was critical because the project teams on our side came from a variety of technology backgrounds. Some had very limited depth of experience and a complex project management tool would have created barriers. Ease of communication for project specific discussions was essential between our teams and our vendors. Ease of setting up accounts was also critical. Basecamp allowed this with low resource requirements in terms of learning curve.

Basecamp review by Stella L.
Stella L.

"Elaborating projects is very fun now with Basecamp."

What do you like best?

Since I use Basecamp, my way of elaborating projects has changed completely, before, developing a project meant doing a boring job, now, making projects is very fun, thanks to the great functions that this software has.

What do you dislike?

The problem with Basecamp is the chatroom, this chat was created especially to maintain an instant communication with the team, for queries and other things, but Basecamp has many errors in this area, since the vast majority of messages sent, many times They are not usually sent correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp to anyone who has doubts in using it or to any company where the projects are a boring area, because with Basecamp, they will know the true experience that should be felt when carrying out a project.

With Basecamp I have managed to make projects more fun and with more variety, creativity for my company, every project I do is totally fun and with a variety of factors unsurpassed, I am very satisfied.

Basecamp review by Allison S.
Allison S.

"Excellent variety with comunications in projects Basecamp."

What do you like best?

Basecamp has an excellent variety when carrying out each of the projects, because we can socialize with the work team for any consultation while we work on our projects, it is fantastic the characteristics and excellent functions that it has to make the stay more entertaining.

What do you dislike?

The problem with Basecamp is when saving each of the projects, since it is somewhat complicated because many times the project is not saved successfully and this leads to a considerable loss of information integrated into the content of the project, I would like the saved be successful instantaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp to companies that want to change the way they do projects, because with this software it is much easier to do them.

Basecamp has helped me carry out projects for my company and, at the same time, communicate with my team, previously I did not have a reliable platform for my projects, and since I met Basecamp everything changed.

Basecamp review by Braulio A.
Braulio A.

"Great application for Teams"

What do you like best?

I like Basecamp because it's a central hub for all teammates to review, create jobs and share information about any projects! My favorite part of basecamp is using the to-do feature because you can hold people accountable with certain tasks. Within the "to-do", you can add details and deadlines that would send a reminder of it!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike, theres a message feature called Ping and it can get annoying at times if the app is hooked up to your phone. Might as well text the group!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend making videos or tutorials on how to use it and let people go through a quiz to let them know they are proficient with the application!

There are much benefits because you can live stream, set up "to-dos" and its hooked up to your gmail!

Basecamp review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"The pleasing click of checking "to-do" boxes off sells it."

What do you like best?

Assigning tasks, re-assigning, and organizing into projects is stellar.

What do you dislike?

We use Basecamp 2 currently, and it has little to no document support. I can open images, but word files, sheets, anything else has to be manually downloaded and opened in app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The "teirs" of Basecamp are a bit of a red flag, as it appears the users of the previous iterations get left in the dust a little.

Assigning tasks to in-house and also sharing information with clients on the progress of their projects. Assigning to contractors and other personnel is also a breeze. The reduction of complicated email threads that get everybody lost is almost non-existent. Going back to past projects and seeing a time-line, and organizing thoughts and documents is great for archival purposes.

Basecamp review by Roselee H.
Roselee H.

"Employee and customer communication"

What do you like best?

We use Basecamp to communicate and coordinate a ton of different projects that many people have touched, including remote employees and customers. This ensures that everyone will be on the same page for each project and allows us to allocate work more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there is no specific time frame. I can not understand my tasks and see what has been turned upside down for me, so I can say which task is older than others, and that I am most behind. I also do not like to connect to Google Chrome, because sometimes it already works, but it does not shut down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this platform. Intuitive and easy for the new team. I suggest that the administrator spend a few weeks on acquaintance before starting with the team.

Basecamp was a very useful software that, with the help of its functions and each of its components, contributed to the implementation of pretty good and very well thought out projects, and on the other hand, it also greatly helped my working group better.

Basecamp review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Great toolset, but really isn't where it should be for a paid management tool."

What do you like best?

Checking off the boxes. Having a daily upcoming projects list, and a To-do that is generated is great, and assigning duties is easy. Attaching files to projects is a breeze, and it's a great repository for credentials, client information and requests and more.

What do you dislike?

Integrations could be greatly expanded. We use Google Drive for work, although we can't link up the two and save space, so there is many times multiple locations, and versions across our platforms. I think maybe the issue is, if they link up Google Drive it might make people see that this free tool (Gdrive) sorta works for what they are using Basecamp for. I also think the interface is very limited, and not customizable. If we could customize it for each individual worker, and each client it could make the workflow much improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works very well at what it does: Task management. Email notifications and delegation are a breeze, but integrations and customizing it to your business's workflow is lacking. As-Is this product will always be a supplemental tool for us unless it's fleshed out some more.

Organization of past and current clients information and requests. It's supplemental but it keeps projects organized and lets project managers assign tasks and delegate more efficiently.

Basecamp review by Ginger H.
Ginger H.

"Good, definitely room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is great for organizing a project and keeping everything together within one shared location. It allows a user to get caught up easily on an individual project. Its to-do lists allow for flexibility in creating individualized timelines. It is also really simple to loop another team member or co-worker into a project.

What do you dislike?

I would like a better way of file sharing or updating a shared document. It has text documents that any one on the project can edit, but its restricted in format. It would be helpful to have a file sharing function where a user could upload an excel document (or any document besides the text doc) and edits could be made by any user at any time without having to download the document, make the changes, re-upload and notify all users of the new document. The calendar is horrible when you use the to-do list as a timeline and you are on several projects. That might not be the best way to do a timeline, but there isn't another function that works nicely for timelines. Finally, if there was some sort of time tracking, it would be helpful for project managers to get an idea of how long certain tasks take.

The previous project management system that we used was extremely limited in how many users were allowed within a 'project space'. This system allows for everyone who is involved within a project to have access to the project space. That is the biggest benefit we have realized from this system.

Basecamp review by Barbara J.
Barbara J.

"Great software !"

What do you like best?

it is ease of using. Very easy way for teams to work together and nice way to track the communication and task. The ability to make groups and have permissions is great. Great for team collaboration. Basecamp allows multiple users to communicate freely.

What do you dislike?

When I sign out from the Basecamp everytime I have to write my password and ID to connect again sometimes I do not know why it is happening sometimes but I know one thing it should be brought new update to fix this unusual situation, also pricing is a bit high comparing with other similar softwares with Basecamp. mobile version must be improved as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to companies and teams who is working on some projects. Very ease to use and it is making you adopted to Basecamp.

Basecamp has everything needed to manage projects. we as a team create project and define tasks. Assign team members and share details with them, it allows team to recod their details and the hours worked each day. Helps greatly with the reporting. Love the ability to assign a task to my team and sharing documents is very helpful.

Basecamp review by Allison S.
Allison S.

"Has many functions to make your projects better !"

What do you like best?

Basecamp provides me so much benefits because I am managing to work in better way, much more confortable and insurable,stability with Basecamp. it is nice product and very powerful also easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Basecamp price is quite high it should be considered high price for people starting up and sometimes it has sort of loosing communications, the circle of users is very huge. last things are about The daily and weekly email reminders are inconsistent and also mobile version is not effective as much as website version maybe it should be improved so fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend everyone who want to be more effective and creative in the company, you can share your projects with your mates and you can check deadlines.

I can organize my teams,projects and company wide communications. I can have control of the project, everyone involved in the project can see the whole project history. I can assign work to user to see schedule for deadlines and dates. Managing files and it includes a chatroom.

Learning about Basecamp?

* We monitor all Basecamp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.