Basecamp

Trusted by millions, Basecamp is a web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, and milestones.

Work for Basecamp?

Showing 1898 Basecamp reviews
Basecamp review by <span>Eugenie C.</span>
Eugenie C.

Teamwork to become organized

What do you like best?

Basecamp allows you to lead your business more organized and understandable. With Basecamp, each employee can easily find the document or letter they need. In the interior of your template you can see the basic tools for your work, such as a notification board, which will allow you to post the necessary information for your colleagues, there is also a chat room, to quickly solve all problems, schedule, to publish terms of work, etc.

What do you dislike?

The service is expensive for small businesses. There are problems with the calendar. But all the problems that arise are easy to solve with the help of the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service is one of the best in its market. Your employees will be able to perform their work faster with Basecamp. It works uniquely for long-term projects. You will be satisfied with the work of the Basecamp.

Basecamp helped to make our work more organized. All employees know where all necessary documents are, and everyone can get what they need, this is important when the team works across the country.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Basecamp
Basecamp review by <span>Erin S.</span>
Erin S.

Excellent Collaboration Platform

What do you like best?

I have been using this platform for about a year now and it is absolutely AMAZING! I can not say enough about it. I use this platform to communicate with a marketing firm located in Calgary, 1,00s of miles away.It easily allows us to collaborate on multiple projects, share documents and discuss plans all without having to get on a conference call. You can even pick and choose who is part of the conversation. Every time a post is made a notification is sent via email to alert you that the collaboration has continued. It is a wonderful platform.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing bad to say about this program. The only thing I would say is that upload times are a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a team collaboration platform, this is the one I would choose hands down. It is extremely easy to use, allows entire teams to be part of the conversation and keeps all of your documents and conversations organized and in one place. I love this program.

It allows me to collaborate with my marketing teams thousands of miles away. We are able to stay on track and collaborate on projects in real time.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Basecamp review by <span>Kisenn H.</span>
Kisenn H.

Very renewed design, updated every, nice basecamp.

What do you like best?

Basecamp has a very renewed design and is updated every so often to provide variety and a different comfort at every moment, in my opinion, it is very convenient to carry out projects and at the same time communicate with your work team, either to ask for any questions or share information from the chatroom.

What do you dislike?

In spite of the good thing that it is to use Basecamp and the excellent functions that it has in the elaboration of projects, it has many errors in the self-saving and in the manual saving of each project, often the projects are not saved properly with the self-saving and this brings loss of valuable information that was written but for any interruption was not saved correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp for companies that want to carry out projects or that want to start on a good footing in projects, since with Basecamp it is very easy to carry them out and they will have an assured success.

With Basecamp I have managed to maintain a good expectation when carrying out each of the projects, since with each function that Basecamp has, I can complement the projects very well and achieve immediate success, and make them in a matter of minutes and then present them. It's amazing how Basecamp has changed the way I do projects for my company, now I have had much greater success in my company.

Basecamp review by <span>Allison M.</span>
Allison M.

Features and solve very well projects Basecamp.

What do you like best?

Basecamp has very good features to solve very well each project, take it to immediate success and also, provide an exclusive design that surprises many people, it is fantastic the way in which success is achieved with Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

The prices of Basecamp are very high, even though it is very good software and its features exceed the "basics" of each program, I think they should lower their prices to achieve an immediate accessibility to each of their work plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to someone who wants to take the creativity of projects to their company, with Basecamp you can achieve that and much more in a few moments.

With Basecamp I have managed to maintain a certain accuracy of success in every project I do for my company, I have also been able to use it to communicate with my team through ChatRoom and share different files or important information.

Basecamp review by <span>Sarah C.</span>
Sarah C.

Super Easy Collaboration Space

What do you like best?

What I liked most about Basecamp was how user friendly it is. It's very straight forward on how to build projects, add people, comment, attach files, etc. I also like the other all look and feel of Basecamp. Other larger platforms can be a little too stuffy but Basecamp is still inviting and friendly with it's styling.

What do you dislike?

Overall there isn't any I really don't like about Basecamp. I suppose that if this is the only tool you're using as a business it can become overwhelming. The companies that I've worked for that have used it use it only with specific clients. If Basecamp was your main base for a multi-client organization it might become overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is great if you're a smaller company or if you use it for specific projects. If you're a large company with a large variety of clients this probably wont be the best option to manage all of that.

The companies I worked for that used Basecamp used it so that internally and externally we could stay on top of projects. For clients that ran multiple projects at once Basecamp served as one central area that my team and the clients team could come together to work on items.

Basecamp review by <span>Chelsea H.</span>
Chelsea H.

Best Software for Tasks and Projects

What do you like best?

The "To-dos" section is super helpful and easy to organize. It has really helped my team keep on track with our various assignments. You can easily see when it's due, who is completing it, details, etc. My team loves it! I also love the fun elements it allows for - emojis, group chats (my team really loves this feature, called Campfire), private chats, photo uploads, etc. Basecamp is fun to use, which makes work fun to complete! It also keeps us on track and focused for project completion.

What do you dislike?

The "Campfire" feature, which allows for group discussions between team members, is hard to locate sometimes. It should be in the task bar at the top of the program, but instead is located inside each project folder. (Not the worst problem to have overall, though).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful for task management!

-Client notes. Basecamp's Docs & Files section allows my team to store and easily update our client or relationship notes. We can easily send them to others on our team for reviewing as well.

-Task completion. The To-dos section is most helpful for our team, and solves task management issues by allowing us to manage our assignments much easier.

-Group chats. Both the "Pings" and "Campfire" sections of the software allow for great team interaction, both fun and professional. We are able to maintain healthy relationships by utilizing these features, as well as stay on track with important information or updates from team members.

Learning about Basecamp?

* We monitor all Basecamp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.