Do you work for Basecamp?

Basecamp Reviews & Product Details

What is Basecamp?

Trusted by millions, Basecamp is the leading web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, and milestones.

Basecamp Screenshots

Basecamp Reviews

1-50 of 2537 total Basecamp reviews

Basecamp Reviews

1-50 of 2537 total Basecamp reviews
Basecamp review by Mike S.
Former PR Contractor and Project Manager
Most Recent Basecamp Video Review
Basecamp review by Pol Juvé R.
HR BUSINESS PARTNER

"With basecamp planning an activity is ridiculously simple"

What do you like best?

Something that we have always liked about basecamp is its excellent internal chat tool, which allows us to easily communicate with team members. We really like your project document management system, and also allow you to brainstorm ideas and forums to discuss issues about each project. The system for tracking the progression of each project is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Basecamp has many limitations, because it does not allow us to manage project portfolios, ideas, resources or budgets. Nor does it offer an adequate system for tracking costs until the completion of projects. It does not have the capacity to manage agile methodologies, nor to manage customizable models of the projects. Basecamp does not have any videoconferencing function, nor view of tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We want to recommend basecamp to those small work teams that mainly work remotely, since it will always be easy to know what other team members are doing. We highly recommend your brainstorming tool. Basecamp is highly recommended to track milestones correctly.

Basecamp has solved several of our business problems. One of them was thread management among staff, and file sharing. It has also helped us a lot with the management of the activity calendars, which luckily are very customizable. Basecamp centralizes many tools in one place, and that has made our work more comfortable.

Basecamp review by Betty L.
Senior Manager
(5001-10,000 employees)

"All more united"

What do you like best?

assign tasks with expiration date helps us to have a more orderly work to distribute the time well taking into account the date to be delivered and finished the final work in group in addition to having a progress report and know if everything is going well or there is something to improve

Clients can see the files they need for each folder that is created with important information or of interest to them

the function to pay the same without importing the users that are in the platform with the same account is great for that reason we acquire Basecamp

What do you dislike?

the support seemed to me that it takes time to answer the help tickets I sent them and I had to wait until 2 days to respond to me is the only bad thing that I feel does not work well on the platform

we all work more united and having controls of the tasks that have to be carried out so as not to leave at the last moment the arrangements that have to be made and to lose more time so when the delivery date is given everything is well done

Basecamp review by Roy A.
Administrativo

"More orderly workflow"

What do you like best?

with basecamp I can work those projects that need to be in a team working because I can assign tasks to the other members and track the work that has made each one and comment on it if there are errors to correct it

has everything I need to work in teams in the best way without problems also I also like the option of the message board in which we can all comment on the work or project we are doing without having thousands of messages in the email talking about that and in the blackboard we can have a unique place and monitoring of the project

What do you dislike?

the storage seems a bit limited that can be occupied very fast for that price paid monthly should expand a little more because it is a large company we manage many files that make storage look little

with Basecamp the projects are carried out in collaboration with other members, having the control and the information in one place without danger to be lost and all going at the same time working in a team in a dynamic way

Basecamp review by Lixin W.
UI/UX Designer

"Good for small scale project management"

What do you like best?

Basecamp has a simple interface that makes it easy to learn how to use. Communication is made easy by providing options to attach files, and choose who in the team we want to send it to. It's great for sharing meeting notes and important documents. The calendar helps communicate our game plan to clients and can be used to track team member's PTO/availability. Messages can be sent to emails, ensuring that everyone sees it even if they don't open Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

The aesthetic design is behind the times. Basecamp has all the basic features, but nothing extraordinary. WIsh there was an "@" option to reply to specific people, rather than everyone in the message chain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is good for managing projects on a small to medium scale, but it may be difficult to adapt for large projects with lots of people and resources.

Basecamp is great for communicating with clients and teammates on small to medium-sized consulting projects. The interface is minimal so it is easy for those who are unfamiliar to learn its features.

Basecamp review by Johan Alexander O.
Planning and Forecasting Analyst

"Basecamp is perfect for project planning"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is excellent for use as equipment communication software. Its integrated chat and messaging tool is very fast, and has a very useful notification system. A great attraction of basecamp is that it allows us to create subtasks, with which it is easier to carry out good management performance, and it is easier to organize. We really like your follow-up of the progression percentage of each task.

What do you dislike?

We do not like the fact that in order to follow the milestones of each project we must go through so many slow processes of application of agile methodologies (which, sincerely, we consider to be quite obsolete). We do not like your cooperative writing system or your brainstorming manager. It should be noted that your activity and news feed is not sufficiently updateable, and your push notifications are a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We believe that basecamp is highly recommended, mainly for its ease in unifying chat tools like campfire and its list of agendas. Its user interface is very organized, and easy to use, which is excellent to save time. It is also good to organize work teams.

Basecamp has benefited us a lot by providing us with better control of our project and activity planning. Its capacity to manage informative documents is very broad, and the fact that it allows us to carry out subtasks is also very good to bring a better organization of the daily work objectives.

Basecamp review by Sol B.
Sales Associate
Apparel & Fashion

"Basecamp offers a good system for project planning"

What do you like best?

Something that fascinates us about Basecamp is its versatility when it comes to facilitating communication between the members of our team. At least, it is excellent for file sharing, as well as for conducting surveys and counting comments. Its integrated chat tool is excellent, very easy to customize and manage. It is good to carry threads of debate.

What do you dislike?

Something that does not displease much when using Basecamp is that it does not offer us the possibility of managing project portfolios, nor of applying agile methodologies and Gantt diagrams to our management. Their planning models are not sufficiently customizable, and does not allow monitoring of the hours elapsed and the expenses made in that time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend Basecamp to all types of businesses, mainly those SMEs that need adequate management of tasks and objectives to ensure that their jobs are complete. It is very customizable, very easy to manage, and allows you to track the milestones of the projects. Your customer portal is also excellent.

First of all we want to clarify that we did not have problems with our organization of our team at the time of making a project, but the truth is that Basecamp has helped us a lot to be better coordinated and in tune with the rest of the team. His follow-up of the progression percentages of each task has been excellent in helping us to be oriented on the evolution of our work.

Basecamp review by Bruno F.
Web Designer
Education Management

"Basecamp is a highly organized and optimized tool"

What do you like best?

Basecamp allows the user to manage from cooperative newsrooms to track milestones. Your calendar manager is excellent at organizing us properly. Basecamp offers tracking progress percentage of each task, and allows creating "subtasks" to make it easier to cover each field of the project.

What do you dislike?

It does not offer Gantt charts that allow us to see our metrics well, nor manage portfolios and project budgets. Its synchronous correction is slow, and it is not good for the application of agile methodologies in the creation of projects. It does not offer a Spreadsheet view, nor does it allow time tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of Basecamp is recommended, mainly to carry out proper project management in the field of event planning. It is excellent to carry percentages and to correct files in a group. Your chat and messaging service is very good.

Basecamp has made our team and project management together in one place. Basecamp allows access to each project and customize each creation process directly, which has saved us a lot of time. It has made it much easier to organize our work.

Basecamp review by Harold T. M.
HR Representative
(10,001+ employees)

"Basecamp, Many options to help time management"

What do you like best?

Since implementing Basecamp, project management is much easier and more efficient. This software has allowed us to improve collaborative work because it gathers all the necessary tools to work as a team. In our case, we find automatic reminders, group agendas and above all document management very useful.

What do you dislike?

It can only be used if you have an Internet connection and this is a great limitation because we can not advance projects when there is no connection. Also, some colleagues have reported failures due to misuse of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does not require the use of a tutorial to learn how to use its functions, it is a very intuitive and easy to use tool.

Its interface is simple and has all the necessary functions to organize and develop a project. What I like most about this platform is that workers and collaborators can work simultaneously managing and coordinating projects with ease and efficiency.

Basecamp review by Sarah F. A.
Customer Services Agent
Apparel & Fashion

"Excellent tool for teamwork"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for communicating and coordinating with other team members involved in the project. You can assign dates and tasks to other individuals and Basecamp will send them reminders as tasks need to be completed.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a calendar that charted ALL of the projects, not just the one project it "sits" inside. In other words, each project would have a calendar, but then there is a master calendar that gives you at-a-glance oversight of all of our projects. We are having to use a Gantt chart outside Basecamp to

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great when your working with people that work in other locations and other time zones. Basecamp allows you to upload important documents and communicate about the progress of each project.

I used Basecamp to remotely project manage over 200 events over the course of a year that had many of the same recurring tasks. I particularly liked the following: I could create templates for each of the different types of projects that I managed. This saved a ton of time when setting up an "event" in Basecamp as I didn't have to create the same tasks over and over for each type of project that I was managing.

Basecamp review by Tina S.
Customer Service Specialist
Consumer Goods

"Great Team Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

Before coming to my new job, I had never heard of Basecamp, much less worked in an environment in which over half of the staff were in a remotely different location. I've been at my current job for over a month, and I absolutely love Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about Basecamp is that it doesn't have the capacity for users to edit files in real time. For example, if I want to update a file, I'd have to download the old file, make an update, and then re-upload the revised file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love that it organizes all of my projects and committees for me. At times it is hard to remember everything that I am working on, and when I log in, I get a quick overview of what is on my plate. This is very helpful when you have a lot going on all at once.

It allows team members to effortlessly communicate and share files remotely. I also love the fact that when someone replies to a document, you get an email notification with the reply within the email /response. Most of all, it's extremely user-friendly

Basecamp review by Diane C.
Marketing Manager

"Makes designers and project managers happy!"

What do you like best?

The open form project buckets make it easy for Project Managers to organize information and for designers to find where they need to upload their designs and find info on the jobs they are working on.

What do you dislike?

I’d like Base Camp to bring back time tracking and add a way to keep track of department resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've worked in many different Project Management tools. The more robust they are, the more problems they have. Base Camp has the right amount of bells and whistles. It's perfect for teams that bring many disciplines together. It's a great tool for sharing and communicating with people who are remote or right there in the office. There are no Gantt charts or resource management tools in this system right now. But if those are not important to you, I say look no further.

Base Camp organizes information in a way that is appealing to my whole creative team. My team has become more efficient because they are spending more time designed than trying to wrangle the details.

Basecamp review by Zachary K.
Founder and President
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Still unlike anything else - Basecamp is an incredibly easy-to-use choice for those it suits."

What do you like best?

Some project managers have a lot of power and features by focusing on the list first. Basecamp explicitly avoids this and neatly tucks features like task comments away so that what you're presented with is always a very low-anxiety experience. It's better at this than any other competitor. While it may not be suited for thousands of complex tasks, for most teams it minimizes the time spent maintaining project records and lets them just get on with it.

What do you dislike?

For the same reason it excels at being *calming*, the latest Basecamp (v3) omits some features that I really grew to love from v2. It's harder to see the overall flow from a project manager's perspective, and you'll find very little in the way of robust reporting or timelines. V2 did a really nice job with project timelines, and I miss that implementation here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out with a few real-world ongoing projects to see if it can encapsulate your workflow well enough. I suspect that for larger teams, it won't do, but if it fits, you'll never stress about where things are and keeping them organized.

It's been incredibly easy for everyone to get onboarded and get moving quickly, which was essential for our non-profit, which includes an active Board with responsibilities normally assigned to staff. We needed guest and casual inclusion, with Basecamp handles easily without overwhelming anyone. We're never stressing out of "what to do" with the software itself.

Basecamp review by Frank K.
Director

"BaseCamp - The original online project management tool and still one of the best"

What do you like best?

BaseCamp's two main strengths have always been ease of use and that it provides a single place for everything. That means you have to have buy in from the team, but when everyone is on board it is still one of the best ways to work together on a project. Because Basecamp has been around for so long, it is likely many on the team will already have experience of the tool, but even for newcomers it is quick to get up to speed; if you can't work out how to use Basecamp, maybe you shouldn't be on the project team.

What do you dislike?

You really need to be all in on Basecamp to get the best from it. Often these days, a number of tools will be used and everyone on the project team will likely have their favourites. This usually means someone is disappointed when their personal preference is overlooked. Not really a criticism of Basecamp but more of the plethora of tools available these days!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp has been around a lot longer than many teamwork/PM tools so it does what it does really well. If you haven't used Basecamp before for team based projects, give it a try. It justs helps get the job done without getting in the way.

We've used this mainly for small projects and where teams involve stakeholders in different locations and external to the organisation. Basecamp can be good for working with contractors and external consultants where you may not want to provide access to the corporate network.

Basecamp review by Mathew R.
Account Manager

"A great Teamwork Tool!"

What do you like best?

My company uses Basecamp daily, not only internally but with our clients as well. It is a great tool for sharing information, continuing projects, and accomplishing goals as a team. It is also great to keep track of several projects that are going on at the same time. We have several new clients join our platform simultaneously, and it would be a lot more confusing without the use of this program.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about this program. Everything we have seen thus far has been great! It is a very reliable program for myself and the organization that I work for!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely consider using Bascamp if you are a company working on several projects at a time. It is a great tool to keep everything organized and hold everyone accountable for different projects.

We are using Basecamp mainly for initial account setup and implementation with our clients. It has been very helpful to keep everyone on track.

Basecamp review by Nataly P.
Small Business Owner
Public Relations and Communications

"Basecamp is my main work tool!"

What do you like best?

I love that Basecamp is simple and clean. I can go directly where I need to go quickly and I can create new projects, tasks, docs, etc with ease. It is extremely helpful that I can communicate with my team in many different ways, but still find that conversation easily, unlike email.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that during a ping conversation, if you accidentally hit 'Enter' your message is sent. I also very much dislike that if I want to space down in a ping conversation, I have to press 'Shift + Enter' and a black vertical line is placed on the left of the message. I wish that would go away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all of what Basecamp offers. Watch tutorials and read through help sections. The more you use Basecamp, the better it gets.

Countless. I use Basecamp every day for project management for very large events and clients.

Basecamp review by Mariane L.
Human Resources Manager
Consumer Goods
(10,001+ employees)

"A flexible tool for everyone."

What do you like best?

Basecamp I find it useful for so many things. It is a simple solution for discussions, tasks, events, files, and documents. And simple is its strong point.This software is billed as a project management software, which it is, but it really shines as a client communication vehicle.

What do you dislike?

It is not a powerful project management solution - but it doesn't pretend to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In summary Basecamp seems to me a very flexible tool for several work areas where a collaborative and efficient work is necessary, so that anyone could use it, the characteristics that I have mentioned make it 10 points.

Getting clients to use it has been easy and it helps them understand how the project happens. Being able to record conversations and have access to common files and information all in one place is invaluable. It is friendly and approachable which makes it fun to use.

Basecamp review by Kate B.
Marketing Communications Manager
Internet

"Fun and Intuitive Project Management"

What do you like best?

Basecamp makes it so easy to manage projects. You can keep track of all conversations about each project, including each individual to-do. The interface is intuitive and they let you invite everyone from your team without charging you extra. You can even add people as "clients" if they're outside your organization to share related projects with them. You can even give "boosts" to people's posts, which is great for when you're busy and want to shoot a quick "Thanks" or emoji.

What do you dislike?

While you can export your assignments to your Google Calendar (absolutely wonderful feature), it's hard to see everyone's schedule on one calendar. Instead, you just see your own to-dos. A previous version of Basecamp had a way better calendar view that made it easy to see everything on your team's plate at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a plan going in about how your team is going to use Basecamp. There are lots of areas in Basecamp to comment and chat, which sometimes leads to conversations happening in different threads. Different people tend to use it differently. Make sure you coach your team on the ways you'll be using it so everyone is doing the same thing and conversations don't get lost.

We're keeping projects organized and assigning work in Basecamp. It helps everyone stay on the same page and has helped prevent tasks from falling off our radar. It also makes it so easy to remove blockers because you can see where the hold up is and what to do to fix it.

Basecamp review by Erica K.
Communications Manager

"Project Management Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Working in the Marketing office on a college campus, when receiving project requests that combine multiple people and offices, Basecamp makes collaboration, organization, and project management easy. You can add in anyone from your organization, you have access to a group chat, can schedule events, and split up projects into sections where they are more digestible than overwhelming. Basecamp is something I use daily and would feel lost without.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much about Basecamp that I dislike. One thing I wish could be improved would be a better system put in place to forward in emails into each project. This would allow easier access to everyone on a project, to see the communication in all directions and with all people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you choose to go with this project management system, pull others on board with you inside your organization. It makes work much easier when you aren't following up on projects consistently or worried that a part of the project won't be completed. As long as there is a "to-do" scheduled and you follow through with it, your life will be much easier.

Because we are working with so many different departments on campus for their marketing, PR, or design needs, the collaboration between can sometimes be stalled if people are unaware of steps they need to take in order to finish a project. Basecamp helps us to clearly define and break down the project, allowing us to move forward effortlessly to it's finish line. Our office and the others on campus can feel fulfilled and organized following the continual use of this product.

One major personal benefit I have found is that my work is completed in a more timely manner because of the reminders that it sends. Follow-ups on projects are also effortless because Basecamp will notify those that have upcoming items due. The whole process is smoother overall and done more efficiently.

Basecamp review by Pablo C.
Marketing

"A great collaboration software"

What do you like best?

It allows us to collaborate on tasks, make teams and manage each task in a more reliable way. we have a calendar to keep up with each task, we decide the plan to pay and which best suits our company and projects.

What do you dislike?

Basecamp requires a bit of learning initially, not anyone could handle it at first, so I would only dislike that, but it's not a counter because it really is software that is worth using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We really recommend Basecamp to anyone who is looking forward to having a project management software for their collaborative skills.

The biggest advantage is being able to access the platform from any device, it could be said that at one point we thought that the biggest problem would be that Basecamp only works online but when accessing from any device that would be canceled. Most of the time our work is much more enjoyable thanks to this application.

Basecamp review by Joey H.
Project Manager

"Basecamp 3 Makes Everything Easier"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy collaboration and communication all in one place with the convenience of being able to pass tasks from department to department or assign for review with the click of button. No need to dig through old/past communications because everything is so easy to find.

What do you dislike?

It's not great for setting up very specific tasks and could benefit from the inclusion of such a feature as Wunderlist. Otherwise inputting tasks on a project basis can be a bit cumbersome and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a walkthrough (even though it's incredibly straightforward and easy to use), take it for a test spin with a project or two using their trial and then try to convince yourself it isn't easier to use or won't help your company cut costs by eliminating having nearly everything in one place.

It'll also help keep your employees on track whereas softwares like "Slack" tend to allow for a bit of leeway when it comes to frivolous or unnecessary chats/communications.

Easy, central, and organized place for all our team communications, and collaboration on tasks. We can easily keep track of everything we need to do in a day while also being able to quickly look ahead to what's to come as well as anything that still needs to be wrapped up.

Basecamp review by Russell B.
Head of Product
Computer Games

"Using Basecamp as a Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is easy for multiple people to collaborate on a single project. It is especially useful for creating checklists for projects, specifically when a lot of art creation is involved.

What do you dislike?

It is not nearly good enough to use as a pure Project Management tool because it does not have the type of controls that a software package such as JIRA has. Anyone can check off a task even if it is not assigned to them and it doesn't really track interim status such as "in progress" very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a high end Project Management solution Basecamp is too simple and you should use something like Rally or JIRA. If you need to make simple checklists and discussions then Basecamp is a great inexpensive solution.

We use Basecamp primarily to track our Marketing artwork and since we have new art needs daily the best benefit is that we never miss the art we need for running sales inside our Apps.

Basecamp review by Sami H.
Director of Production

"Very Useful Project Collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to have multiple projects to communicate with teams across companies. The todo lists and the calendar are great features that allow us to be more organized and structured in our production process.

What do you dislike?

Within the calendar I would like to see more recurrence options similar to Outlook calendar scheduling. For the monthly repeating it would be good to repeat every Monday vs having to recur on a specific date.

For todos it would be useful to be able to assign a group or multiple people. Additionally with todos it would be nice to have the ability to set who should recieve notifications on the entire todo list vs having to set that up at time of responding to the todo.

Cross communication on projects is the largest problem. In the past we would communicate through email only and had multiple email chains with information getting lost or the incorrect people included on the email. We now have all of that communication going through Basecamp which allows us to include all necessary people and allow easy reference to what was discussed.

Basecamp review by Joel B.
President

"Decent Software, But Not Moving Forward"

What do you like best?

Great GUI, simple, easy for clients and outside vendors to use, intuitive and simple mobile site.

What do you dislike?

Minimal critical path tracking: no Gantt charts, no time tracking except in Basecamp Classic, limited sub-tasking, minimal reporting capabilities, minimal financial reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very basic features, you should review competitors.

We use Basecamp as our standard project management template: standard operating procedures, tasks, and responsibilities, and non-voice communication. We also coordinate with consulting engineers and the client - sending CAD backgrounds, plats of surveys, current design draftss, etc. I'm disappointed that 37 Signals is not significantly adding heavy duty features for the last 10 years. We will likely migrate to ApolloHQ (which I'm beta testing), which has added features at a slighting lower cost: financial and expense tracking, sophisticated time tracking, complex task dependencies and Gantt charts, true task dependent milestones, significantly better reporting, and a built in CRM (37 Signals requires that you purchase Highrise CRM).

Basecamp review by Angel A.
Owner

"Awesome software with easy to work with interface"

What do you like best?

The best features of Basecamp are the easy to read and understand headers and sections. Each section provides descriptive narratives of how to not only use the section but how to implement it within your genre of business. I also like that I can invite clients to view certain areas of the software and at the same time restrict parts that are for internal use only but everything stays in the same project interface. I also like that they included Campfire along with Basecamp for the same monthly price.

What do you dislike?

There are only a couple of things that I do not like regarding Basecamp. I do not like that I cannot specify the email into address for each of our clients. I also dislike that I have to add employees to each Team and Project individually. I think there should be an area where I can checkmark the Teams and Projects for each employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for the first free 30 days - if you don't have enough time to really implement it in the first 30 days, email customer service and ask for an extension. The customer service is AMAZING

We are using Basecamp to manage our CRM and each clients projects. As clients hire us for jobs, we are able to create a project and keep everything needed for that project in that particular folder. The client has access to their parts as well as employees.

Basecamp review by Ava C.
Undergraduate Researcher
Higher Education
(Myself Only)

"Basecamp attempts to make team communication better"

What do you like best?

I like how basecamp timelines everything and allows the user to see all members of the team and their respective roles. Assigning tasks is easy to do. Basecamp acts as a good centralized place for information, timelines, and to dos.

What do you dislike?

I dislike communication on basecamp. The emails are far too frequent and are really annoying. I would like a better-streamlined way to gain information from basecamp. The update emails are clunking and do not inform me well. Need better overviews, it is just hard to glance at basecamp and get the information I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using something else or outlining what exactly you want. The problem with Basecamp was that not everyone understood how to use it and then we were not to effectively work as a team, therefore. It is free to use for students, I'm not sure for not students how much the price is, but if you are able to find how you would like to use it effectively and also convey that to your team I would suggest using basecamp.

We were able to plan an entire conference. We were all students and did not know how to do it but managed to organize with superiors, sponsors, and other classmates.

Basecamp review by Elisabeth I.
Program Coordinator

"Organization at its best"

What do you like best?

Basecamp allows for multiple levels of categorization, so that team members can work at an individual level, but also see how their contributions fit into the larger project. I liked that their homepage has many functions, from storage to checklists, and the archive feature allows for tidiness on the page. By organizing all of my tasks into separate folders, I could easily access the information I needed at any given time that I needed it. This was helpful both in my function as a team member, but also when I delegated work as a team leader. I appreciated Basecamp!

What do you dislike?

I found their notification system irritating and unhelpful. I ended up just opting out. I it easier to just go into the system and check on my notifications rather than wait for the plethora of emails to flood my inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have an orientation for your team so that everyone's on the same page about how it functions.

By using Basecamp, I've been able to keep tabs on the multiple projects I'm involved in. Seeing them up on the screen and being able to create folders and checklists enables me to maneuver easily. I used this system both as a team member but also as a team leader, and I found the to-do list function most helpful. Rather than muddling people's inboxes with emails, I could lay-out every task for my team members to see. It also lessened confusion about who was responsible for what because Basecamp made that very clear.

Basecamp review by Michael W.
Web Developer/Graphic Designer
(Myself Only)

"Essential Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Basecamp provides a frictionless environment for quickly creating projects that allow for easy collaboration and communication with my clients.

What do you dislike?

I often find that my clients ill-conceived notions of what Basecamp is and isn't is their only hinderance to using the platform. Once they realize that we can use it to quickly and efficiently communicate, they see it for what it is: An easy-to-use app for getting things done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is great for managing communications between myself and my clients. As a freelancer, I find it indispensable for providing a centralized location for setting project milestones and acquiring various assets from my clients (i.e. graphics, logos, copy, todos, etc).

Basecamp is my tool for maintaining focus on client projects. Working inside Basecamp helps me stay focused on the task at hand. This is essential when I find myself switching between multiple projects during the workday.

Basecamp review by Nancy M.
Head Support Ninja

"Basecamp is amazing for keeping all of our communications where they need to be."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Basecamp is very user friendly. I am able to keep up to date with my team members as individuals or as a group. It's great that we are able to break away from a group message that reaches the entire team if the content of the messages we need to send only pertains to one or two people. This keeps our chat logs clean and organized. I love it!

What do you dislike?

I have not come across anything I dislike about Basecamp. It's a great business tool for interactions between team members, especially if the team is spread around rather than being in one building. Our team is in multiple states and it's nice to be able to see what each of us is doing at any given time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Basecamp is a great tool for keeping up with multiple team members. I love Basecamp!

Time. Basecamp saves us so much time. Better focus. We are able to focus on important business matters rather than what each team member is doing or needs to get done. We can see what each team member posts and we are able to access team chats and tasks whenever we want.

Basecamp review by Hannah H.
VP of Operations

"The Easiest, Most Efficient Software For Project Management"

What do you like best?

I love the features. They really have thought of everything a team would need to manage not only projects but teams. The different forms of communication are perfect and the platform as a whole is intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The new clientside of the platform, even though great in theory, is not my favorite. It may just be the way our company utilizes Basecamp as a whole, but communicating with the client within projects is not my favorite. I don't like the old clientside either, where communication is through email. It confused clients and sometimes their replies came back into to Basecamp very weird.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can assign a task to more than one person if the task requires more than one person, however, it would be cool if you could assign a lead so that that person takes the lead in deciding when the task is complete and they can check it off.

Project management and team communication. Basecamp has made our company realize that we are well equipped to be a remote company. Basecamp makes communication, time tracking, and project management very easy. I love that is central as well. We don't have two have different platforms. One for communication and one for project management. You get it all in Basecamp

Basecamp review by Jeremy M. G.
Senior Business Analyst
Hospital & Health Care
(10,001+ employees)

"A very easy-to-use interface and quick on-boarding"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Basecamp is nearly identical on all of my devices and getting set up was a cinch. The product has grown dramatically at many organizations which can only mean better support and faster bug fixes/updates.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that Basecamp was not a full PM suite, i.e. did not have a way to calculate resource allocation or utilization. However, Basecamp is more of a project collaboration tool and complemented well with products like PPM Roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least try the full trial version if you are considering streamlining your communication with internal and external clients during a full project or project phase. The only downside I had was that online support via email or chat were my only options. However, I am more traditional in that I like to speak directly to support to explain issues in some cases.

The primary benefit is communication and keeping people on task. I have noticed an exponential growth and immediate adoption of the solution at my work site. People are able to get work done faster and Basecamp provides a solution for the single source of truth for all things project-related.

Basecamp review by Kevin E.
National Conference Operations Team Leader
Religious Institutions
(10,001+ employees)

"People need to commit to good systems for them to work properly."

What do you like best?

Basecamp is a great way to organize, manage, and delegate tasks relating to individual projects. We all have many projects to work on and needing to have conversations with co-works about that can get muddy and basecamp helps keep the right conversations in the right places!

What do you dislike?

It isn't basecamp's fault, but people are the biggest problem. My organization doesn't require it but my department has committed to using it and it is getting better. Unless people are trained well and (almost) forced to use it, the benefits are not as great as they would be if everyone used it as their primary way to communicate.

My team plans conferences virtually and basecamp allows us to have great, contextualized communication. One benefit I've seen relates to a national conference we hosted with 7 locations last year: Our "working group" was able to discuss national norms in our "Team" and then our location-specific planners were able to work through the uniqueness of their locations in the "projects" with their clients.

Basecamp review by Amanda  P.
Marketing Manager

"My favorite task management system"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is an easy to use task management system that allows you to communicate with your team no matter where you are. I particularly like that I can assign tasks to our team in Wisconsin while being in New Jersey without any discrepancies of noncommunication. Another great feature is being able to make group announcements such as being out of the office or wishing someone happy birthday. It's a very smart way to track your employee's workflow throughout the day as well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like about the system, except maybe the theme or look of the program could be customizable to what style you prefer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend turning on email notifications so that you do not miss an alert or assignment in case you are not logged into the program. This is sort of like a second reminder to look at a task that is assigned to you.

Some business problems we are solving by using Basecamp is I am able to go back to old tasks and look at timestamps in case a client has any issues with deadlines. This has helped our team tremendously with completing tasks on time.

Basecamp review by Alyssa C.
Technical Sales Manager
Farming

"Extremely Easy and Quick"

What do you like best?

I like that this program has an app that you can download on your phone to quickly post a work update when it is fresh on your mind. You can also easily post a comment on another co-worker's post from your phone or via email.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I do not like about the software is the default number of alerts you get from the program if you do not go in and adjust the number of notifications you receive from co-workers posts.

Staying connected is the business problem we solve with basecamp. Our sales team is spread out and the program allows us to stay up to date on other co-workers actions that may impact someone else in another region. We can also quickly share documents or meeting proceedings without an email and linking everyone in the company to it.

Basecamp review by Christopher M.
Author, Ghostwriter and Teacher
Publishing

"Good for what it does--but has become expensive."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Basecamp is that it does exactly what it says it'll do. It's easy to use so getting team members on the platform and going is no issue at all. I like the interface overall and the ability to keep all my documents and collaboration in one place.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that it feels like the developers really hold back when it comes to new features. For instance, getting calendar integration into the new basecamp just isn't going to happen, even though it was in a previous version. I wish they were a bit more forward-thinking about this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not bad, but it is expensive. If I were setting this up myself, I'd look at alternative software. But if your company or a company you work with is already using it, you'll find it easy to use.

I'm able to work with multiple organizations who all use Basecamp and keep all our efforts in one place. Nice way to help us collaborate.

Basecamp review by moraima v.
Docente de Educación Psicopedagoga
Mental Health Care

""Collaborative tool for teams as the best option to manage projects in a very easy way" "

What do you like best?

I love this application because it is effective to coordinate functions and share files, tasks and documents, deadlines, tasks and objectives in complex projects that require the intervention of several collaborators, it is ideal to work collaboratively. In fact I like it because it is a great organizer and task manager, it allows me to transform documents, organize, store and manage projects with other members that collaborate with the work, it is very useful and effective for communication, it is optimal and immensely productive for work performance.

What do you dislike?

I dislike it because it does not have reports on issues to use in a short time; it is very basic or elementary. Similarly, it does not offer hierarchy and permission levels with users. In addition, the team does not update or modify the tool without prior notice. It also does not protect the information of the projects carried out, since this is not safe, leaving the investigation on the user's account. It does not allow the use of the same user and password for several people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

• I recommend it for being software that is characterized by being a fundamental factor for the success of any task, because it is simple, intuitive and collaborative.

• Because it is a very practical and useful tool, because it has allowed me to work with the members of the work team that carry out a project, that we stay tuned with respect to what we are working on, since everything is registered and we are informed before the hearing within the system.

• Allows sharing files with other users, storing each one of the versions of it, as well as using text documents in collaboration with several users.

• The benefits are very successful because it has allowed me to manage the complex task of directing and managing projects in a systematic and orderly manner.

• It has brought me benefits because I have used it and it has revitalized me the activities for the management of the projects in the educational performance and with my colleagues in the labor field.

• It has benefited me in the management of projects not only of the work team but also individual.

• In my work experience, as a student and educator, it has led me to great benefits because it is a very useful tool and has many functions.