Basecamp

(2018)

Trusted by millions, Basecamp is a web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, milestones and more.

Work for Basecamp?

Learning about Basecamp?

Basecamp Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 2024 Basecamp reviews
Basecamp review by <span>Eugenie C.</span>
Eugenie C.

"Teamwork to become organized"

What do you like best?

Basecamp allows you to lead your business more organized and understandable. With Basecamp, each employee can easily find the document or letter they need. In the interior of your template you can see the basic tools for your work, such as a notification board, which will allow you to post the necessary information for your colleagues, there is also a chat room, to quickly solve all problems, schedule, to publish terms of work, etc.

What do you dislike?

The service is expensive for small businesses. There are problems with the calendar. But all the problems that arise are easy to solve with the help of the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service is one of the best in its market. Your employees will be able to perform their work faster with Basecamp. It works uniquely for long-term projects. You will be satisfied with the work of the Basecamp.

Basecamp helped to make our work more organized. All employees know where all necessary documents are, and everyone can get what they need, this is important when the team works across the country.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Basecamp
Basecamp review by <span>Kelley  C.</span>
Kelley C.

"It's a nice program"

What do you like best?

I like how people can come collaborate on a project together. We can give our members a link, and they can go and see how far along we are on a project. They can see what we have done, and what needs to be done still. That makes it really nice because we don't get as many calls from our members asking how we are doing on a project. Since they have something that they can go to and see whenever they want, it makes them a happier client in general. They might not understand everything that we do on those lists, but they can see that we have been checking them off.

What do you dislike?

We don't have the most tech saavy clients, so sometimes it is hard to get them to respond. Especially since the emails are coming from Basecamp, and not our company. Maybe if we could add a skin to basecamp so that it looks more seamless with our company branding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would love to see the ability to add a skin to basecamp so that it looks like it is being sent from us, instead of basecamp.

I mostly used Basecamp for our members to see how far along we are in buildling a website proof for them. It benefits us because they see that we are working on their project in real time. It just gives our member some idea of how much longer they have till they will have a proof that they can see.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Basecamp review by <span>Alfredo H.</span>
Alfredo H.

"Enhance You Client Relationships Using Basecamp for Document Sharing"

What do you like best?

1) Ease of use; 2) ability to readily structure documents into single or multi-level folders; 3) our clients aren't obligated to license Basecamp to access/download documents; 4) Basecamp invites and curates comments; 5) client contacts can be readily added for document access, with customized email invitations; 6) schedules can be set for task assignments; 7) a message board can be used to provide update info to those on distribution; 8) there's an attractive price-point option for a 2-user firm, with an upgrade path to use without any user maximum (note the low price-point allows you to engage an unlimited number of customers, limited only to a generous overall data storage cap.

What do you dislike?

What would be useful would be capturing the number of customer document opens and dates opened via a downloadable CSV file.

Note the customer service response to a query via email is pretty good for the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skip Dropbox or other similar tools for transferring files to clients. Instead, stretch your relationship expectations serviced with Basecamp.

1. Providing clients with shared documents that they can readily download on demand, not having it lost or misplaced in their Word or email folders; and 2. We are interested in cultivating dialog based on our documents provided, captured in comments that are curated, rather than lost, or remaining segmented in a series of emails. Benefits realized include greater service differentiation valued by clients; ease in validating which documents were made available to clients; ability to shape how documents are accessed by a client based on our structured organization.

Basecamp review by <span>Erin S.</span>
Erin S.

"Excellent Collaboration Platform"

What do you like best?

I have been using this platform for about a year now and it is absolutely AMAZING! I can not say enough about it. I use this platform to communicate with a marketing firm located in Calgary, 1,00s of miles away.It easily allows us to collaborate on multiple projects, share documents and discuss plans all without having to get on a conference call. You can even pick and choose who is part of the conversation. Every time a post is made a notification is sent via email to alert you that the collaboration has continued. It is a wonderful platform.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing bad to say about this program. The only thing I would say is that upload times are a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a team collaboration platform, this is the one I would choose hands down. It is extremely easy to use, allows entire teams to be part of the conversation and keeps all of your documents and conversations organized and in one place. I love this program.

It allows me to collaborate with my marketing teams thousands of miles away. We are able to stay on track and collaborate on projects in real time.

Basecamp review by <span>Alan S.</span>
Alan S.

"Keeping the Team Informed"

What do you like best?

I guess I would start by saying what don't I like about Basecamp? The interface is very user friendly, set-up is painless, on-boarding staff to the platform is seamless and the multiple levels of communication make it our go to communication venue for all things team & project related.

What do you dislike?

Being unable to delete a message that is no longer valuable or extraneous would be nice and sometimes the ping feature for updating progress has a lag, but all in all I have found Basecamp either meets or exceeds our expectations several times over!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool that can help you stay abreast of projects, the people that service them and the outcomes and processes that bring them to completion, then Basecamp is for you!

Our unit utilizes Basecamp to communicate, collaborate, update and schedule everything. We provide up to date schedules for events for the spaces we are responsible for, review upcoming projects and communicate in real time issues that require immediate or proactive interventions!

Basecamp review by <span>Rachel H.</span>
Rachel H.

"Basecamp is a simple and straightforward project management system for good collaboration."

What do you like best?

I like that people can all see, comment, and upload files on the same project for collaboration.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to navigate away from your central "My Assignments" page to see a task. I end up opening several tabs at once just so I can go back and forth between tasks. It would be nice it there was a way for the "My Assignments" page to have dropdowns of the description, comments, etc. so that you could just stay of the same page to look at projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say Basecamp is a good tool for small groups and businesses to keep projects in order and up to date. It isn't completely user-friendly, but it's worth the collaborative benefits.

We are managing "tickets" (our incoming projects and requests) for our media team. We use basecamp to track progress and changes as the projects move forward. We also use Basecamp to track deadlines.

Basecamp review by <span>Allisan P.</span>
Allisan P.

"Great tool for business that handle many projects."

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly and effectively communicate with other team members allows for quick project completion. There are multiple mediums of communication within Basecamp allowing us to effectively communicate to a large number of team members at a time. There are locations in basecamp where we can place each project that we have previously worked on, making it possible to reference them for others projects that we may be doing that are similar to the previous one. There are also places to directly communicate to one team member at a time making it so that if we need to connect with just one person on the same platform, we are able to without disturbing the entire team.

What do you dislike?

There are some instances were to do's may get lost/ not received but this is simply because of the user and not because of basecamp

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool if you are looking to complete each project with ease and great collaboration.

The ability to complete projects without having to have an entire team meet every day. There are instances were we were once unable to host meetings where every participant would be able to attend however this form of media allows us to effectively communicate with a large team. There are multiple ways to communicate within Basecamp making it possible for us to have clear and concise direction for each team member involved in a project big or small.

Basecamp review by <span>Kisenn H.</span>
Kisenn H.

"Very renewed design, updated every, nice basecamp."

What do you like best?

Basecamp has a very renewed design and is updated every so often to provide variety and a different comfort at every moment, in my opinion, it is very convenient to carry out projects and at the same time communicate with your work team, either to ask for any questions or share information from the chatroom.

What do you dislike?

In spite of the good thing that it is to use Basecamp and the excellent functions that it has in the elaboration of projects, it has many errors in the self-saving and in the manual saving of each project, often the projects are not saved properly with the self-saving and this brings loss of valuable information that was written but for any interruption was not saved correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp for companies that want to carry out projects or that want to start on a good footing in projects, since with Basecamp it is very easy to carry them out and they will have an assured success.

With Basecamp I have managed to maintain a good expectation when carrying out each of the projects, since with each function that Basecamp has, I can complement the projects very well and achieve immediate success, and make them in a matter of minutes and then present them. It's amazing how Basecamp has changed the way I do projects for my company, now I have had much greater success in my company.

Basecamp review by <span>Allison M.</span>
Allison M.

"Features and solve very well projects Basecamp."

What do you like best?

Basecamp has very good features to solve very well each project, take it to immediate success and also, provide an exclusive design that surprises many people, it is fantastic the way in which success is achieved with Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

The prices of Basecamp are very high, even though it is very good software and its features exceed the "basics" of each program, I think they should lower their prices to achieve an immediate accessibility to each of their work plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to someone who wants to take the creativity of projects to their company, with Basecamp you can achieve that and much more in a few moments.

With Basecamp I have managed to maintain a certain accuracy of success in every project I do for my company, I have also been able to use it to communicate with my team through ChatRoom and share different files or important information.

Basecamp review by <span>Amber M.</span>
Amber M.

"Great for collaboration"

What do you like best?

I love that the app is both mobile friendly and computer friendly. So I can take a picture on my phone and directly upload it into basecamp without having to first put it on my computer. I also love that we can create teams and to-do lists within the teams. It has really helped us get projects finished since most of us work varying schedules and aren't always in the office at the same time.

What do you dislike?

This is probably petty but I really liked the thumbs up button and the Mario soundbite. The boosts are ok but I much prefer the thumbs up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software for helping with team projects, especially if you aren't all in the same location and aren't able to have face to face meetings.

We use it to work on projects that need several departments input. It helps us get the projects finished sooner because we don't have to wait for all of us to be in the office at the same time (which doens't happen often enough)

Basecamp review by <span>Wanda M.</span>
Wanda M.

"Basecamp: excellent intuitive tool for a variety of projects"

What do you like best?

The functionality of basecamp is impressive. Intuitive use, easy organization, depending on what type of people you are working with (tech. vs. non -tech), learning curve upon first using it is moderate and thus it is fairly easy to invite new people to projects.

What do you dislike?

If you are inviting people who have no experience with Basecamp, the learning curve could be a bit steeper. Also, you need to set your notifications wisely, otherwise you will be swamped with messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have looked at several other project management tools and this seems to be quite an intuitive to use tool, visually and conceptually easy to understand. If you can get your team committed to using it, it will be an invaluable help in getting thing planned, tracked, refined and completed across different departments or even just within your team. The archive function will let you go back to anything you have done and retrieve it for future projects. A great tool!

Project Management, communication between different departments, easier workflow, I know where people are at with their projects, or where the project is at. No longer need to skim through emails to find files, etc.

Basecamp review by <span>Sarah C.</span>
Sarah C.

"Super Easy Collaboration Space"

What do you like best?

What I liked most about Basecamp was how user friendly it is. It's very straight forward on how to build projects, add people, comment, attach files, etc. I also like the other all look and feel of Basecamp. Other larger platforms can be a little too stuffy but Basecamp is still inviting and friendly with it's styling.

What do you dislike?

Overall there isn't any I really don't like about Basecamp. I suppose that if this is the only tool you're using as a business it can become overwhelming. The companies that I've worked for that have used it use it only with specific clients. If Basecamp was your main base for a multi-client organization it might become overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is great if you're a smaller company or if you use it for specific projects. If you're a large company with a large variety of clients this probably wont be the best option to manage all of that.

The companies I worked for that used Basecamp used it so that internally and externally we could stay on top of projects. For clients that ran multiple projects at once Basecamp served as one central area that my team and the clients team could come together to work on items.

Basecamp review by <span>Chelsea H.</span>
Chelsea H.

"Best Software for Tasks and Projects"

What do you like best?

The "To-dos" section is super helpful and easy to organize. It has really helped my team keep on track with our various assignments. You can easily see when it's due, who is completing it, details, etc. My team loves it! I also love the fun elements it allows for - emojis, group chats (my team really loves this feature, called Campfire), private chats, photo uploads, etc. Basecamp is fun to use, which makes work fun to complete! It also keeps us on track and focused for project completion.

What do you dislike?

The "Campfire" feature, which allows for group discussions between team members, is hard to locate sometimes. It should be in the task bar at the top of the program, but instead is located inside each project folder. (Not the worst problem to have overall, though).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful for task management!

-Client notes. Basecamp's Docs & Files section allows my team to store and easily update our client or relationship notes. We can easily send them to others on our team for reviewing as well.

-Task completion. The To-dos section is most helpful for our team, and solves task management issues by allowing us to manage our assignments much easier.

-Group chats. Both the "Pings" and "Campfire" sections of the software allow for great team interaction, both fun and professional. We are able to maintain healthy relationships by utilizing these features, as well as stay on track with important information or updates from team members.

Basecamp review by <span>Kimbra B.</span>
Kimbra B.

"Plan and win"

What do you like best?

I like the central "meeting point" for all collaborators, that you can share files, proofs, and information all in one place. Straightforward interface. Features like "Automatic Check-Ins" keep the team on task. Integration with Google Docs is just perfect. It is convenient to have a calendar of events. Not a bad mobile version.

What do you dislike?

Impossibility to assign tasks to more than one person. There are no dependencies for tasks. Also in the system, there is no Gantt chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since the release of the product, work is constantly underway to improve the quality: developers provide access to the API, support mobile clients, constantly release widgets and plug-ins for integration into third-party products.

Basecamp was the first tool I used when I was creating a project from the beginning. When a huge amount of information collapses on you, Basecamp brilliantly manages to fill the database and structure all the information, so I do not regret that I worked and still keep part of the strategic documentation in it.

Basecamp review by <span>Asia K.</span>
Asia K.

"Great project software !"

What do you like best?

Ease of using Basecamp is great when you compare with other similar products. This software allows you to lead your team and company more understandable and organized. With Basecamp It 's really fast to share documents with each other in organization. With chat room you can be always in contact with anyone being in the program and to publish the news and to do list to inform your organization fast and safe.

What do you dislike?

I can say sometimes some of futures has problem but these are not really unresolvable problems of course. Also Basecamp may be expensive for most of small companies and businesses.Mobile version is not effective as much as website version so Mobile version should be improved. I do not have any complain about program expect for these ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend for anyone who want to create new projects for company. You can be in contact with your mates and creative in your work field with Basecamp.

I am using Basecamp to make my team organized and ready for new projects. Also I can communicate with them whenever I want and in anywhere with Chatroom. We are always in touch and sharing documents with each other and monitoring everything thanks to Basecamp.

Basecamp review by <span>Ian C.</span>
Ian C.

"Easy-to-use project collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

The interface and workflow is very straight-forward and easily accessible to users of all technology background. Discussions and tasks are intuitive to start, update, and close. Email notifications are nicely laid out and you can update discussions and tasks via email response. The ability to reply to discussions via email is also very well-done. Overall, the user interface is easy to use. Low cost of operational maintenance because there is virtually no sysadmin requirements. Attached files are kept in central, easy-to-locate location. Interface is nicely done. Conversations are archived. Attaching and sharing files is easily done.

What do you dislike?

Discussions for large project teams can be difficult to keep up with over time. It's essential that discussion owners close threads promptly. Task updates are similar. Not a dislike but tasks offer very basic status functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use and has low learning curve. Does not offer deep project task functionality. Our subscriptions did not integrate with organizational login. However, this eased setup and working with vendors.

Our vendors used Basecamp as a simple way to interact with our team for both small and large projects. The ease-of-use was critical because the project teams on our side came from a variety of technology backgrounds. Some had very limited depth of experience and a complex project management tool would have created barriers. Ease of communication for project specific discussions was essential between our teams and our vendors. Ease of setting up accounts was also critical. Basecamp allowed this with low resource requirements in terms of learning curve.

Basecamp review by <span>Stella L.</span>
Stella L.

"Elaborating projects is very fun now with Basecamp."

What do you like best?

Since I use Basecamp, my way of elaborating projects has changed completely, before, developing a project meant doing a boring job, now, making projects is very fun, thanks to the great functions that this software has.

What do you dislike?

The problem with Basecamp is the chatroom, this chat was created especially to maintain an instant communication with the team, for queries and other things, but Basecamp has many errors in this area, since the vast majority of messages sent, many times They are not usually sent correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp to anyone who has doubts in using it or to any company where the projects are a boring area, because with Basecamp, they will know the true experience that should be felt when carrying out a project.

With Basecamp I have managed to make projects more fun and with more variety, creativity for my company, every project I do is totally fun and with a variety of factors unsurpassed, I am very satisfied.

Basecamp review by <span>Allison S.</span>
Allison S.

"Excellent variety with comunications in projects Basecamp."

What do you like best?

Basecamp has an excellent variety when carrying out each of the projects, because we can socialize with the work team for any consultation while we work on our projects, it is fantastic the characteristics and excellent functions that it has to make the stay more entertaining.

What do you dislike?

The problem with Basecamp is when saving each of the projects, since it is somewhat complicated because many times the project is not saved successfully and this leads to a considerable loss of information integrated into the content of the project, I would like the saved be successful instantaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp to companies that want to change the way they do projects, because with this software it is much easier to do them.

Basecamp has helped me carry out projects for my company and, at the same time, communicate with my team, previously I did not have a reliable platform for my projects, and since I met Basecamp everything changed.

Basecamp review by <span>Braulio A.</span>
Braulio A.

"Great application for Teams"

What do you like best?

I like Basecamp because it's a central hub for all teammates to review, create jobs and share information about any projects! My favorite part of basecamp is using the to-do feature because you can hold people accountable with certain tasks. Within the "to-do", you can add details and deadlines that would send a reminder of it!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike, theres a message feature called Ping and it can get annoying at times if the app is hooked up to your phone. Might as well text the group!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend making videos or tutorials on how to use it and let people go through a quiz to let them know they are proficient with the application!

There are much benefits because you can live stream, set up "to-dos" and its hooked up to your gmail!

Basecamp review by <span>Roselee H.</span>
Roselee H.

"Employee and customer communication"

What do you like best?

We use Basecamp to communicate and coordinate a ton of different projects that many people have touched, including remote employees and customers. This ensures that everyone will be on the same page for each project and allows us to allocate work more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there is no specific time frame. I can not understand my tasks and see what has been turned upside down for me, so I can say which task is older than others, and that I am most behind. I also do not like to connect to Google Chrome, because sometimes it already works, but it does not shut down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this platform. Intuitive and easy for the new team. I suggest that the administrator spend a few weeks on acquaintance before starting with the team.

Basecamp was a very useful software that, with the help of its functions and each of its components, contributed to the implementation of pretty good and very well thought out projects, and on the other hand, it also greatly helped my working group better.

Basecamp review by <span>Michael P.</span>
Michael P.

"Great toolset, but really isn't where it should be for a paid management tool."

What do you like best?

Checking off the boxes. Having a daily upcoming projects list, and a To-do that is generated is great, and assigning duties is easy. Attaching files to projects is a breeze, and it's a great repository for credentials, client information and requests and more.

What do you dislike?

Integrations could be greatly expanded. We use Google Drive for work, although we can't link up the two and save space, so there is many times multiple locations, and versions across our platforms. I think maybe the issue is, if they link up Google Drive it might make people see that this free tool (Gdrive) sorta works for what they are using Basecamp for. I also think the interface is very limited, and not customizable. If we could customize it for each individual worker, and each client it could make the workflow much improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works very well at what it does: Task management. Email notifications and delegation are a breeze, but integrations and customizing it to your business's workflow is lacking. As-Is this product will always be a supplemental tool for us unless it's fleshed out some more.

Organization of past and current clients information and requests. It's supplemental but it keeps projects organized and lets project managers assign tasks and delegate more efficiently.

Basecamp review by <span>Ginger H.</span>
Ginger H.

"Good, definitely room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is great for organizing a project and keeping everything together within one shared location. It allows a user to get caught up easily on an individual project. Its to-do lists allow for flexibility in creating individualized timelines. It is also really simple to loop another team member or co-worker into a project.

What do you dislike?

I would like a better way of file sharing or updating a shared document. It has text documents that any one on the project can edit, but its restricted in format. It would be helpful to have a file sharing function where a user could upload an excel document (or any document besides the text doc) and edits could be made by any user at any time without having to download the document, make the changes, re-upload and notify all users of the new document. The calendar is horrible when you use the to-do list as a timeline and you are on several projects. That might not be the best way to do a timeline, but there isn't another function that works nicely for timelines. Finally, if there was some sort of time tracking, it would be helpful for project managers to get an idea of how long certain tasks take.

The previous project management system that we used was extremely limited in how many users were allowed within a 'project space'. This system allows for everyone who is involved within a project to have access to the project space. That is the biggest benefit we have realized from this system.

Basecamp review by <span>Barbara J.</span>
Barbara J.

"Great software !"

What do you like best?

it is ease of using. Very easy way for teams to work together and nice way to track the communication and task. The ability to make groups and have permissions is great. Great for team collaboration. Basecamp allows multiple users to communicate freely.

What do you dislike?

When I sign out from the Basecamp everytime I have to write my password and ID to connect again sometimes I do not know why it is happening sometimes but I know one thing it should be brought new update to fix this unusual situation, also pricing is a bit high comparing with other similar softwares with Basecamp. mobile version must be improved as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to companies and teams who is working on some projects. Very ease to use and it is making you adopted to Basecamp.

Basecamp has everything needed to manage projects. we as a team create project and define tasks. Assign team members and share details with them, it allows team to recod their details and the hours worked each day. Helps greatly with the reporting. Love the ability to assign a task to my team and sharing documents is very helpful.

Basecamp review by <span>Allison S.</span>
Allison S.

"Has many functions to make your projects better !"

What do you like best?

Basecamp provides me so much benefits because I am managing to work in better way, much more confortable and insurable,stability with Basecamp. it is nice product and very powerful also easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Basecamp price is quite high it should be considered high price for people starting up and sometimes it has sort of loosing communications, the circle of users is very huge. last things are about The daily and weekly email reminders are inconsistent and also mobile version is not effective as much as website version maybe it should be improved so fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend everyone who want to be more effective and creative in the company, you can share your projects with your mates and you can check deadlines.

I can organize my teams,projects and company wide communications. I can have control of the project, everyone involved in the project can see the whole project history. I can assign work to user to see schedule for deadlines and dates. Managing files and it includes a chatroom.

Basecamp review by <span>Simon W.</span>
Simon W.

"Basecamp Collaboration"

What do you like best?

It is a fairly stripped back collaboration tool. The simplicity of the front end and relatively pain free user experience means that there are no barriers to engagement.

What do you dislike?

Is it better than a competing tool such as Trello? I'm not sure. As a repository for discussion and documents, it is ok, but I wouldn't say it stands alone without competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are plenty of free project management tools out there, or paid for solutions with some limited scope free versions. Investigate Teamwork, Trello, Asana and get a feel for how all of these work for you before just diving in on the product. Every platform has idiosyncracies that actually may suit your business needs better.

It was initially used as a collaboration and project tool. Its use gradually dwindled over time as there is a little bit of an old fashioned email culture here.

Basecamp review by <span>Josh H.</span>
Josh H.

"It serves a purpose but is behind the times"

What do you like best?

I actually like how they have all the different project items (i.e. schedule, messages, documents, etc) laid out in the center of the page with a few recent items in each section visible.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the design look and feel; it's antiquated and ugly. Also, it's lacking many of the modern features that other apps have. Oh yeah, I really, really dislike how when I send out a message to a group and someone replies and I want to reply back to them, I have to manually remove everyone else each time and it really doesn't tell you that so people are getting inundated with stuff irrelevant to them. And it stays on that setting until I manually add people back (and how am I supposed to remember everyone who's included?).

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the money, time or effort, there are better solutions out there that are using the latest features and design in my opinion.

Keeping everyone on the same page and up to date. It has helped us improve quick communication and having a place to keep our documents.

Basecamp review by <span>Cindy M.</span>
Cindy M.

"Basecamp Basics"

What do you like best?

The key players of our team are located in various parts of the country, so this is an ideal way to keep us all in the loop of what's going on. We all have very demanding roles and busy schedules, so this allows us to all check in and be updated on projects by the click of a button. Additionally, I get email notifications when questions and ideas are posed and/or projects are launched.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about it yet. I'm relatively new to using Basecamp, but haven't encountered any real issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program. I like that it's very user-friendly. I was able to successfully add items and create projects, agendas, add to the calendar, insert to-do lists and add people to things on my own without any training or instructions.

It's a perfect solution for busy people that need to get things done, stay in the loop and have crazy schedules. The "to do" lists and calendar are perfect for keeping everyone on track. With our whole team overseeing projects, it's less likely that things will be missed or overlooked even though we're scattered across the US in various time zones. I like the idea of everyone collaborating and coming together to make sure things go smoothly and this program is perfect for organization and communication. Emails get lost, voice mails get deleted, but this is great for tracking and accessing a history of projects and communications.

Basecamp review by <span>Caroline K.</span>
Caroline K.

"Decent Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I like how Basecamp is easy to get started on. You don't need any sort of orientation on how to use, though it is available. It is easy to navigate around. I think the biggest plus to Basecamp is the ability to easily share large project files. PDFs, JPGs, zip files, you name it. I have yet to encounter a file too large to share. Plus it's free so how can that be bad?!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have trouble locating conversations. I also have preview problems. Some browsers won't preview files for me, while others do. Although I think both of these gripes are more user error than the platform itself. I think if the teams we worked with organized the projects and conversations in a better way, going back to something might be easier to do. I also think we need to update browsers or use the best ones for Basecamp in order to preview files properly. Also sometimes email alerts can get overwhelming, but that is a setting that can easily be changed in your account as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely a great platform for people who may not be in the same location to help manage projects in one place.

We work with outside agencies, and Basecamp provides one-stop for all of use to communicate together. It can be easier to communicate at times the finding availability for everyone to schedule a meeting. Email alerts let you know when a new comment has been posted. You can share calendars, assign projects and deadlines, etc. You can use Basecamp to create one location for all conversations and files on a specific project where everyone can see final decisions and most up-to-date files without having to sort through emails.

Basecamp review by <span>Maria K.</span>
Maria K.

"A flexible tool, but perhaps too flexible?"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the platform is something that I find very helpful, specifically because we are a small company and being able to import documents/to-dos from different departments is crucial for us to keep on top of the tasks that don't fall under our specific job role, but that we have responsibility for.

As part of a start-up, we use the automatic check in function to say what we've done everyday and to provide feedback which is invaluable in terms of visibility across the company's functions. This is great for us as we also have some remote employees.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to get everyone to agree on what to put where. Some of our team find it quite difficult to visualise what tasks are theirs to do in what timeframe because everything is list-based.

Keeping track of different departments

Getting feedback on different projects

To-dos

Automated check-ins about concerns

Basecamp review by <span>Amanda R.</span>
Amanda R.

"Keeps me organized in the kaos! "

What do you like best?

BaseCamp is a must if you have a lot of little tasks to get done each day (that can slip your mind), and have to manage more than one person or even multiple teams of people.

I have EVERYTHING in my schedule laid out for me, and I LOVE that I can take a high-level view of my week to see which days are going to be the busiest. And team members assigning me tasks without having to email me is amazing, keeps the inbox much cleaner. I just see what my day looks like and get started.

I also think the applause feature is really cute, but I think I use it a lot more than my teammates. ;) I am always applauding everything they get done. Hahahaha. Positive reinforcement, right. Hahaha.

There are lots of PM tools (and I have used lots), but this one so far is my favourite. Great value for the price, and certainly the reason that I don't have anxiety attacks every day trying to remember what needs to be done and by when, and who was assigned what project.

Oh, and lastly - file management!! I am SUPER big on organization and I love that all the files I need for each project (and team) are in one place. I never have to go searching through my Google Drive again. A++

What do you dislike?

The only thing that bugs me right now is that I cannot set a recurring task, which means that I have to manually enter everything. I have things that I need to set for myself and my team that happen weekly - but in all honesty, it takes maybe 15 mins for me to set tasks for an entire month...and I am sure there will be a patch for that in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this a try! They have a free trial, and I guarantee that once you get in there and start using it you'll be like me and sign up IMMEDIATELY after the trial ends. I had a little panic attack when I went to login and saw the "trial over" message...there was no way I was being kepy away from my perfectly organized projects. :)

Saves me time! Allows me to get a better picture of what is being accomplished every day, which is great to keep the positive vibes going. I love the organization element and knowing that everything I need is in one place. :) Such a great tool!

Basecamp review by <span>Brielle M.</span>
Brielle M.

"Classic Remote Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

A project hub that comes to life where to-dos can be assigned and tracked to keep the project active even when collaboration is remote. Great to have a calendar view of to-dos and all the recent history in the project.

What do you dislike?

Lacks a social feel of newer messaging apps i.e. Slack. There's no quick way to interact and ping someone for help or to get document or clarify their question so those become more emails or taken to a messaging service.

Discussion threads often email you when someone responds. This may be customizable if you are the admin. So you’re still filtering through emails but at least you can go to live project to get caught up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice to have an active team to do list and tie them back to the action items from discussions.

Discussions for the most purpose could serve to have brainstorms but it’d be syncopated rather than in real time. Works for getting feedback or vetting an idea when people can not jump immediately on a call.

We are solving remote and asynchronous collaboration. Where we need to keep track of the status, feedback from the client, feedback from team members and to-dos.

The benefits for the team is it cuts down on finding out or discussing the overall status when meeting since the team has a place, a central hub to get all the updates on a specific project. It keeps us organized and transparent.

Basecamp review by <span>karin l.</span>
karin l.

"Good platform for all business"

What do you like best?

Ease of use , Basecamp is also interface and it is perfect for day to day activities.Able to discuss about anything, delegating goals and task also sharing files with one another wherever you go. Basecamp is the one of best software which provides us with another way to communicate on daily basis.

What do you dislike?

According to me The calendar feature need to be improved because I have to manually set it up. Also it might be quite expensive for those companies which has employees less than 20-30. it is also I can say

'' a bit expensive ''.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is better to discover Basecamp for those people working as a team in the company to share files and daily tasks updates to one another. I recommend this to use for everybody and companies.

I can always connect with my team members wherever I go whatever I do. Great interface, clear tasks and deadlines. Basecamp always keeps me and my team organized and it is the best way we can share files for each other not to miss anything about business to be able to more useful members for our company.

Basecamp review by <span>Ellie K.</span>
Ellie K.

"Basecamp 3 - A Useful Tool for Project Managers"

What do you like best?

Basecamp 3 is an effective project management tool. The platform provides a single source for project scope, tasks, communications, scheduling and important files. This cloud-based software is easy to navigate and allows multiple team members to view, edit, contribute and stay updated on project statuses. The My Assignments list is an extremely helpful way to track tasks; being able to sort by date makes for easy prioritization of workload. Basecamp also allows individual users to receive status updates on each project; users can customize the frequency and type of information received. The Automatic Check Ins feature allows you to set automated email reminders to follow up on projects that may be static. We also use Chrome plug-ins that allow us to automatically track our time on each task in Harvest.

What do you dislike?

Basecamp 3 resolved the issues I didn't care for in Basecamp 2. You can now assign multiple team members to each task, view tasks you've assigned to others, applaud actions to let others know that they're on track. The tools available for each individual project is much more comprehensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to really explore the depth of the tools this software provides; I know I still haven't unlocked it's full potential and am still finding that the software provides tools to make my life easier.

Basecamp has been critical in documenting communications with clients, helping us prioritize our days, distribute workload, and forecast upcoming tasks. It allows our team to communicate effectively and work independently. Project managers have the ability to input tasks and provide documented direction, and designers/admin staff can

Basecamp review by <span>Julio M.</span>
Julio M.

"The great solution to use at work."

What do you like best?

I guess I found what I was searching. I like that all my work is organized. Also, I have the ability to use one page with everyone. Great solution to increase our performance. I like the fast way of working on our project. And the most wonderful thing that I have a clear view of everything that is going on around me.

What do you dislike?

I don't have so many issues with this program. As for me, will be much better to have a good speed of downloads for every day. Don't worry about how to use it. You will have the ability to ask for a help from support service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is really useful. With this platform, you will have the ability to work on all projects are more effective. Powerful tools will make your work more productive. The best way to see and control all working process in your business.

We like that we have a better way of a handle on our company. I glad that all working team can directly work on more important things and do it at the right time. With this skills, we know that all our working process works like a clock.

Basecamp review by <span>Laura P.</span>
Laura P.

"Basecamp is a great program to encourage employees to work together "

What do you like best?

Basecamp is user friendly and allows people to network and collaborate on projects. We use basecamp to upload files to different projects in order to allow everyone working on the project to be up to date. We also love that basecamp is a way that we can all work together without having to be in the office.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the page updates. Sometimes basecamp is confusing to navigate until you set the pages to view exactly how you like. Sometimes there are uploading problems with larger files. We went through a problem where things would appear uploaded but then any other user was not able to access them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! it is a great program if you want to streamline your business projects.

We collaborate on projects and also work together to increase business using basecamp. It is also nice to be able to allow clients access to different projects.

Basecamp review by <span>Maria Antonia M.</span>
Maria Antonia M.

"Great platform, very useful for small companies "

What do you like best?

The completeness of the tool, that works great for different organization sizes and purposes, giving a wide variety of options to work with. My favorite feature is the "Been inspired by anything lately?" tool, which allows members to share new findings and hidden treasures to the whole team, once a week.

What do you dislike?

The platform is a bit heavy, so it doesn't work well on slow connections. It also is a bit pricey, but it truly pays off when the whole group is using it at its best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this app to non-profits and other small companies starting to grow. It helps grow communication, sinergies, work-flows, meeting capabilities, and project management. It works seamlessly with Google Drive, letting google users share without any problems their data, files, images and calendars. I think it has a great Reminders platform, sending as much emails as needed in order to remember users of their deadlines, upcoming meetings, pending tasks, and much more. It also has a chatting platform, supported with emails, that alows all team members to stay connected and up to date with all the information that is relevant to the organization. The Assignments feature works terrific to associate tasks and people. It has an applause section, that allows team members to congratulate and recognize publicly the good work of one of the team members.

It has helped us with content sharing, short and long term agendas unification, communications, and team alignments. It has several benefits to unify the content sharing of our small company.

Basecamp review by <span>Patrick B.</span>
Patrick B.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Interface is very easy and intuitive to navigate. I liked the collaborative features and clean UI. The auto emailing feature is very helpful. Customer service was extremely helpful and was responded very quickly. The message board functionality is helpful and allows open items to be communicated effectively. For someone that is new to a project it was a helpful place to start.

What do you dislike?

I wished that Basecamp included better functionality mobile use. It's somewhat difficult to navigate through the menu's to get to your information. I was hoped that replying to the email notification would be captured in the basecamp platform. However this is not a feature supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pricing model is great for companies and is an easy sell to the expense department. Because how the pricing is positioned users are unlimited so it's easy to get new user on the platform and collaborating. Pricing model is great for companies and is an easy sell to the expense department.

Increasing communication between several departments in different office locations. Tracking which document and version control is an area that could be improved. Also I think templates for project designing would be helpful as well.

Basecamp review by <span>Steven E.</span>
Steven E.

"Off the shelf project management software for nimble teams"

What do you like best?

The interface, scheduling, and notifications. It's easy to navigate and you are able to find upcoming and past due task items. The search feature also makes it helpful to look for a specific file or comment but can't remember which project it's located in.

What do you dislike?

Version control can be difficult to follow, upgrading to new version of Basecamp was much more complex than it should have been. Working in Basecamp2, often our projects would be overwhelmed with different versions of the same file (with each version either containing mark ups for edits or the edits made from said mark ups). I was unable to see how Basecamp3 solved this problem due to the process of migrating existing projects to the new platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your needs and whether you need to alter your workflow or if Basecamp can alter theirs.

Project management is streamlined through one platform, allowing all stakeholders to use one platform to track the progress of the project. It has made collaborating with other departments and outside freelancers much easier.

Basecamp review by <span>Caroline R.</span>
Caroline R.

"Basecamp review"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is a great way for myself, and my staff to communicate with our design team about ongoing project. We are able to see proofs and recommend edits very quickly along with uploading our own documents for the designers to look at.

What do you dislike?

I don't work much with the program on the back end, but I have no complaints so far with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp, at least on the front end, is very easy to use !

Our staff work in different locations so this is externally helpful. Interface is easy to use by all staff regardless if they are designers or not. We are also able to go back and review older projects that were completed, which is helpful when we are revising our projects on a annual basis. As mentioned above it is very easy interface to use and it allows staff and designers to communicate and make edits efficiently.

Basecamp review by <span>Jason O.</span>
Jason O.

"Still holds up as one of the best"

What do you like best?

The structure of the service is intuitive and does a good job reflecting real life project team structures. The user interface is simple, yet the functionality is deep. The mobile app is also much improved and now it's just as functional as the web app.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to query the database with more control. As a project manager, sometimes you want a focused list showing what specific team members have been assigned tasks only on specific projects. This was available in Basecamp 2 but when they made the switch to Basecamp 3 this was left out. Also would love to see Gantt charts!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this platform. It's intuitive and easy for a new team to adopt. I suggest the administrator spend a few weeks getting familiar before implementing with the team.

A large number of complex projects can be managed with smaller, more efficient teams because the project management tools keep everything in order and allow the teams to execute more efficiently. Also teams spread across the country / world have a platform that fosters collaboration very effectively.

Basecamp review by <span>Astrid C.</span>
Astrid C.

"Fairly useful and necessary."

What do you like best?

This software is being used as essential material in my company by some 2000-3000 employees. Seeing each of the features that complements it, we realized that it is a multifunctional program where you can organize your work team in a very organized and very well prepared and at the same time, you can make projects.

What do you dislike?

The problem is the loss of projects, I have witnessed many times that the projects disappear in a short time, suddenly they do not appear in the section of the saved projects, if this inconvenience is fixed, it would be very safe to store the projects in this program .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is a very simple program to use and when you enter your platform, you can easily handle each of its factors and manage to develop each of your work points, organize all projects in a very good way and you can access them when you want Unlike other software, Basecamp made the difference as it was a very useful and easy-to-use program.

Basecamp has been a very useful software that, with the help of its features and each of the factors that complement it, has managed to realize quite good and very well elaborated projects, and on the other hand, it has also organized my work team much better .

Basecamp review by <span>Meghaan C.</span>
Meghaan C.

"Love Basecamp. Easy to use! "

What do you like best?

The organization of projects and messages is great. I particularly like that it provides transparency for our team and keeps all of our communication organized and transparent for everyone who needs to see it.

What do you dislike?

Overall I love using Basecamp, but wish there was the option to tag a team member in a message without having to officially add them to a project. It's a very small thing that I don't consider a major "dislike" but is worth mentioning.

One final "dislike" is when you are in the schedule section of a project, you are unable to click on the date and add an event. Instead, you have to select "Add Event" in the upper left-hand corner of the calendar. It would be more convenient to click on/select the actual date on the calendar VS scrolling up to the "Add Event" button. Also, it would be REALLY helpful if you could either "Add Event" OR "Add To-do" from the calendar VS having to leave the schedule section and go to the To-do section in order to create a to-do for a particular date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp has been an excellent solution for our company. I would definitely recommend it to those looking for a place to centralize communication between team members, manage projects, and stay on top of day-to-day tasks.

Basecamp has offered a great solution for our company to communicate between departments. While we still use email to communicate, we have shifted to Basecamp primarily so that all of our communication is in a central location for all to see.

Basecamp has also helped us stay organized and manage our projects. The to-do lists have been a great way to add and keep track of current, future, and completed tasks. Additionally, I love the new features that have offered even more ways to organize to-do's within the larger to-do section. Organization has always been a struggle and Basecamp has helped minimize the clutter.

Basecamp review by <span>Kasia N.</span>
Kasia N.

"It deserves to try!"

What do you like best?

It's being used by 20-25 employees of out organization. When you are start to work fully with Basecamp it will help you too much. Because all features and tools is designed like a masterpiece and every single one is located easily to find and you start to work quickly with them. Actually, at first I did not believe when I saw its price, because it's is too cheap for that kind of quality service. It deserves more.

What do you dislike?

The main problem is there is no any client area. I want this because if we have section for our clients or customers for specific project, task or event it would be great to host them there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firstly, we chose Basecamp to our main project managing tool and it does its job perfectly. It's too simple, there is no any meaningless and useless tools or something else, every single tool is useful, it has small learning curve, working well. You can organize your topics by folders in which way you want.

I used Sharepoint and Agile for same purpose, but they are not like Basecamp, they are not designed simple. They designed complex and there too many useless tools.

Basecamp is well designed application that provides perfect tools and features for unlimited projects and events. Working with Basecamp gives you chance to do your job more easily and with more efficient ways to collaborate with your co-workers. And autosave tool is perfect, like Google Suite it saves everything immediately, so you don't have to save everything.

Basecamp review by <span>Samuel T.</span>
Samuel T.

"Efficient and effective tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use the control panel, create new projects, how to make a char with the people who integrate the project. It is a very useful interface.

What do you dislike?

The price is the only thing that is not favorable for someone who starts, thanks to working with the free version is that I can give this contribution. For medium companies if it would be more feasible

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend that you make the investment of using basecamp reminding them that in the future they will give very good results. It is the best software to work in a team and organize a whole company.

It is much easier to find the document that I need to continue my work and if there is something like a document, it is located much faster.

Basecamp review by <span>Leslie P.</span>
Leslie P.

"Disorganized instructions."

What do you like best?

Easy organization with all the people integrated in the work team, all my co-workers can access the projects when they wish, and thus help advance and improve it, I really like the idea of ​​basecamp in making the projects more simple and better elaborated.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, my company used the software without having understood the instructions very well and this caused me not to be successful in carrying out projects, my work team is composed of more than 500 people and we thought that they should improve the explanation of the instructions for thus achieve success in the projects that are carried out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the instructions well and try to understand them as best as possible in order to achieve success in your projects and make good use of the software.

Organize the work team, communicate quickly and successfully, make projects in a matter of minutes and without complications.

Basecamp review by <span>Tytus W.</span>
Tytus W.

"Provides perfect tools for project managing!"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is crrently being used in our entire organiation. Basecamp provides perfect and helpful features for editing and managing your projects and events. Not also for managing events and also useful for colloborating, It keeps whole organiation in one place.

What do you dislike?

Adding customer or client section to interface would be great. Basecamp has lack of this section, sometimes you need it. And calendar must update. But these are minor problems and main features and tools are perfectly working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is cost effective, simple and quickest project managing service in Market. Well designed, perfect interface and good customer care leads to chosing it. Basecamp can suit almost every type of organiations. Recommendable and trustworthy software.

As a project manager I have to choose software to do my works. And Basecamp designed so perfectly for this purpose. So simple, quickest way for managin events and projects and communicate with your staff more easily. 5 minutes enough for learn all interface when you are using it first time.

Basecamp review by <span>Seweryna Z.</span>
Seweryna Z.

"Basecamp is best way to work with projects and events."

What do you like best?

We currently using Basecamp in our department. Basecamp is such type of project managing service leads you do almost every kind of things about your works. So, the main reason to using it its simplicity, Basecamp well designed and easy program which provide you work with all projects. As a software developer I always need project management software to colloborate with my staff and also work with my projects and events. And Basecamp suits me perfectly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there can be scrolling problem. They must work on that problem And I think if they add customer section to Basecamp, it would be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For example, working with Basecamp is enough for both working with your projects and events and also it keeps all entire department in most effective way for communicating. Basecamp provides awesome features such as groups, emails, lists, calendar and of course reminders for events. It can be useful not for short-term projects also long term ones. And it has trustworthy security!

Basecamp has excellent design, it is very cost effective, trustworthy and the quickest way to work with your projects and events. If you are starter almost 4-5 minutes enough for learning the interface and start doing your works. It is recommendable for every kind of organizations.

Basecamp review by <span>Alyssa D.</span>
Alyssa D.

"Project Management Hero"

What do you like best?

The best parts of Basecamp include: Staying on top of projects with colleagues, ability to upload shared documents, checking off items once completed, and adding important projects and deadlines as well as assigning certain projects to certain individuals.

What do you dislike?

If I must choose something I dislike about Basecamp, its the product's design. I personally prefer to use websites and services that have a clean/minimalist product design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version is useful if only one department or small group of people are using it. If you have multiple departments and more complex project you may wish to purchase the full version.

Business problems: Tasks that aren't written down somewhere like Basecamp sometimes get over-looked. Additionally, the problem of "who is responsible for what" is easily tackled. Benefits: Staying on track with projects, seeing clearly the deadlines for each and therefore allowing you to prioritize. Ability to easily remove items once completed. The ease of anyone to add new tasks and delegate to specific individuals.

Basecamp review by <span>Lindsey J F.</span>
Lindsey J F.

"Extremely User-Friendly and Modern Design"

What do you like best?

I like that Basecamp has a simple but attractive interface that is well-organized and serves its purpose remarkably well. Very few technical issues have occurred while using it, if any, and I consider it to be a truly indispensable tool as a remote worker at a digital marketing agency.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to schedule due dates and assignments on tasks in bulk, rather than having to do so all at once. An "apply to all" feature or something similar would be very useful. I also would like it if my Android application on my Android phone had notifications, but instead I have to log-in each time I open the app. We are also still on an old version of the app at my organization, for some reason, even though my iOS app and computer site seem to be the newest versions available. I believe this may be either an Android or app developer glitch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Basecamp. It is a wonderful tool for collaboration, task organization, to-do lists, file sharing, and company cohesiveness.

Basecamp makes it much easier to work as part of a team that is both on-location and remote and must deal with multiple clients on a daily basis. It also makes it simpler for me as a remote worker to keep track of my own tasks without always having to rely on an external calendar or pen and paper.

Basecamp review by <span>Josh J.</span>
Josh J.

"Upgrade for cool features"

What do you like best?

I love the idea of basecamp. I have colleagues who are sold on basecamp and I thought I would try it out. Having all of our projects in one place and easily accessible is great. Write down all your tasks, assign them to people and get notified when they are due.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, my company used a slightly older version of basecamp and a lot of my issues were taken care of in the updates. I don't like that you aren't automatically upgraded to the newest basecamp. My team is working with almost 100 open jobs and the only way that I could organize the job list was to star the ones that I wanted to see. It just wasn't flexible enough for my needs. But like I said, I think the latest version of basecamp is pretty solid from the videos I watched.

Tracking project statuses.

Basecamp review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Smart project management for diverse and distributed teams"

What do you like best?

Basecamp 3 is an outstanding, powerful, and relatively intuitive platform for bringing a team together to get things done. The various tools can be turned on and off as desired, project templates make starting new projects with similar features a breeze and everything is designed with good, healthy communication in mind. When I'm working with someone who has no knowledge of project management, they often feel scared and overwhelmed until they use Basecamp. Then they become serious fans. I love the unlimited users and unlimited projects, the automatic check-ins that are fully customizable, and the ability to integrate automations via Zapier. Saves me tons of time and helps me focus on coordinating the team and getting things done rather than "managing" the projects. There are also great iOS apps and a MacOS app that stay in sync with notifications.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's sometimes difficult to convince others who have degrees or certifications in project management (or those who would like to be such people) that Basecamp is a true powerhouse of project management. It's design is "friendly" rather than technical. It's "human" and even "comical" at times when some project managers are looking for something that feels difficult and serious to work with. Basecamp has super helpful reports, but if you want to show or export analytical and technical readouts on project status, Basecamp isn't that. For me, this is not a negative, but I tend to like focusing on completing the project rather than on managing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial is a great way to test it out. Try it with others, though, as that will really help get clarity for your environment. Realize that project management "pros" may be disinclined to like it at first because it's "too easy" to use. But don't be fooled. It's powerful and every detail has been well-designed with real users in mind.

In a global, distributed environment it can be hard to get everyone on the same page. We've used tools like Slack to help our communication, but Basecamp 3's features make Slack almost redundant when it comes to project communication. It's notifications and comments are as good if not better than Slack with the added benefit of lots of project-related tools that aren't native to Slack.

Our projects tend to have unique teams and Basecamp allows us to overlap or keep spaces out of the way of those who don't need to track them. It's saved us time, kept our teams moving and communicating, and has improved our time to completion and cost ratios across the board.

Basecamp review by <span>Annie V.</span>
Annie V.

"Highly recommend for project management with teams"

What do you like best?

I manage my work and tasks with Basecamp. It helps me and my team do our jobs better.

What do you dislike?

There's a learning curve for new users where those who are not tech savvy may be uncomfortable using it. They may prefer using email for communications and Google Drive for documents. But Basecamp is all in one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is helpful when several members of a team are using it simultaneously. It helps set deadlines for projects and team members can communicate and chat through the program. You can also upload documents and files to projects so it is a one stop hub for projects. Combines the functions of Google Drive, Dropbox, email. Very handy and worth its cost!

Project management, conference planning, day-to-day communications with team/coworkers

Benefits have led to making our work more efficient and led to better communications among the team

Basecamp review by <span>Liam B.</span>
Liam B.

"Awesome Client Facing Opportunity for agencies"

What do you like best?

Amazing software that allows you to organize all documents, messages, conversations, and dates. Love the integration with email platforms also and being able to reply directly from your inbox. Overall an easy way to organize your life and everyone else's at the same time.

What do you dislike?

The biggest pet peeve I have is the poor task management system, which isn't broad enough and doesn't allow you to create tasks for individual clients without them seeing them. In this case, it's too transparent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brilliant if you're willing to put in the time to set it up. Has awesome qualities but definitely needs a few other platforms alongside it (Task Management) but otherwise, it may be one of the best platforms we use

Allows us to share documents and information with our clients in a simple and fully organized format that gives both teams full access and dates everything. Makes all other systems inadequate and makes email almost redundant.

Basecamp review by <span>Katrin Anne C.</span>
Katrin Anne C.

"Collaborate projects and people anytime."

What do you like best?

Basecamp is an online collaboration and management of projects, co-workers, assignments, people, time, progress, and the like.

The menus are easy to understand and speaks for itself.

It's easy to see the progress of each project you created. You get emails on every progress, so you are encourage to check what your to-do lists are and you tend finish it. Emails on daily recap is also nice, because you get a recap on every project even though you didn't visit that project. You also get an email if the task is due soon.

The "Me" menu is also very useful because you can check directly if there's a task assigned to you.

There's also an app so you can access Basecamp anywhere anytime.

What do you dislike?

So far so good. I haven't notice anything to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp is really useful in project management. I would really recommend it!

Project management and people collaboration.

Basecamp review by <span>Lindsay F.</span>
Lindsay F.

"Easy to Use and Great for Organization"

What do you like best?

Basecamp keeps everyone in the loop and ensures projects are always moving forward. It's a one stop location for communication, deadlines, and questions. No longer can someone say they did not receive something because it's housed right there in Basecamp, keeping everyone on track. There are to-do lists, milestones, a calendar, and the ability to share documents and deliverables.

What do you dislike?

Once you put your project timeline in on the calendar, which is a little time consuming. If you miss a date and move it, you have to manually move the rest of the dates. Basecamp classic you to move them for you, so this feature should be implemented again. I definitely hope this feature is fixed in the future because it's the one downside to Basecamp that I have noticed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the easier to use project management tools and from what I've gathered a little easier on the wallet.

Keeps clients and companies accountable. Ensures projects move forward, nothing is left behind, and all goals and milestones are hit. Using this platform keeps me from having to run back and check outlook or wonder if a client received something I sent. It is a hub for communication and an excellent tool to have for agencies and companies who need an affordable project management tool. It has helped my company immensely.

Basecamp review by <span>sravani y.</span>
sravani y.

"Review about Basecamp"

What do you like best?

Basecamp user interface is very nice. Easy to use. We can easily manage the assignments, targets and deadlines without any waste of time. We can easily upload and transfer the files through basecamp. Desktop Notification is also very useful feature as if we can't check for the messages every time. We can easily share our thoughts by using campfire feature.

What do you dislike?

Recent updation is some what confusing, as if some features are completely different from old version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For any big projects with lots of people in a team, it is very easy to communicate with all of them without any confusion. I would like to recommend basecamp to all team oriented project works.

The projects which will consume lots of time, can easily completed with in less time. Through Desktop Notifications we can easily know about our tasks and assignments.

Basecamp review by <span>Juan Ignacio G.</span>
Juan Ignacio G.

"Easy to use, great for client-agency communication"

What do you like best?

It is a platform that allows to handle many discussions at the same time and the file upload is really easy, even when they are heavy as Power Points with many images.

What do you dislike?

The information seems a bit disorganized, sometimes it is difficult to find what you are looking for, both for the specific order and for the difficulty of arriving due to depth of clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform market to handle communication with customers is very large and often it is difficult to choose which one to stay with; I use more than one for the diversity of clients and really in the case of Basecamp I never had any problem. Updates, comments and file uploads are really easy to do.

I keep contact in my work with one of the most important accounts that is abroad, managing several countries of the same client at the same time.

Basecamp review by <span>Michelle C.</span>
Michelle C.

"Public embarrassment gets work done"

What do you like best?

I like that this lets you make lists with timelines and who must do it by when. The lists can be public or private. They also send updates to everyone. If you assign someone a task and they do not complete it- everyone can see it.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit difficult to use at first and the sets of lists were confusing. If someone is not a type A list person, they may see this as an annoying obstacle instead of a helpful organizational tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go over how to use it together. Also have one main administrator control it so that there are not too many to dos- it can become very disorganized very quickly.

My company works remotely with many people through the US and South America. This lets us make a list of to-dos, who must do them, and by when, that can be accessed by everyone no matter the time zone. You can just log in and see what has been accomplished and what still needs to be done.

Basecamp review by <span>Todd P.</span>
Todd P.

"Best Collaboration Tool on the Market"

What do you like best?

I have been using Basecamp for about two years now through a national organization in which I serve. It allows many of us who work all over the country to communicate on projects and share files. The program is easy to navigate. I have used it both on iOS and the web. You can easily add collaborators to the Basecamp projects and you can reply to project threads in the app or just reply to an email. If you get too many emails it is easy to change how many and when you get them. The program clearly does a lot and I dont seem to have tapped into all its potential.

What do you dislike?

The program stores documents in order chronological order. I wish there were more options or ways to organize them. I seem to be underutilizing the program as a whole. The program could use a way to better discover its features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pricing seems fair, if you have a need for a good collaboration tool. Knowing it is free to teachers and students I may start to use it more for my teaching and production work at school. This is a great product if you need to collaborate with people who are more than 20 miles away.

It solves being able to communicate on a project when everyone is scattered across the world. It also creates a central respiratory for documents on a project.

Basecamp review by <span>Molly F.</span>
Molly F.

"Basecamp: Easy-To-Use Project Platform"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is very easy to use and very logical. Your homepage is broken down into projects, then those projects into separate "areas" where files, messages, notes, to-dos, and chitchat about that project are stored. This breakdown means, for the most part, that the Basecamp project can be your primary go-to source when you need a thorough rundown and history of a project.

Basecamp has an amazing search feature. You know that moment when you just *know* you got an update from a coworker about something? Basecamp is great at helping you locate it quickly and keep others in the loop.

What do you dislike?

Collaboration is hard, so keeping track of the latest version of a file can be tricky. In this case, when still sharing versions of a file, I'd use the messages area to link to a Google Drive, Dropbox, or Invision link to provide feedback there and only upload the final design to Basecamp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp hears their customers suggestions and regularly improves bugs and restructures based on what their clients provide feedback on. Basecamp is much much easier to use (in my opinion) than Asana or Trello, and it has been great to allow our team to collaborate on projects!

Project overviews are wonderful with Basecamp! They're clearly organized and keep your entire team on the same page because *all* the info can be viewed, and it's all separated into appropriate categories. Basecamp provides silos of information unlike Google Drive, and that's been a smart thing to keep a high level of file structure and organization within a project. For example, if I need a login for a client, I'll go Home > Client Project > Notes > Login Note and check the entry. If I need to know the latest on a new design needed for a client, I can go to the Messages for that client, then comment, even @ mentioning someone, to request an update.

Basecamp review by <span>Vincent M.</span>
Vincent M.

"Great For Client Communication & Lite Project Management"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is a great tool for agencies or larger organizations that may require several teams to collaborate or be aware of projects. The interface is straightforward, easy to use & organization of projects/discussions is very simple to follow. Since we use other, more highly equipped tools for actual workflow & process, I can't comment on the "progress", or "calendar" features as much, but have utilized the "checklists", which worked well with some of our smaller projects. Overall, we've been using Basecamp for over 4 years & have yet to find a reason to switch.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to actually "managing" projects or keeping up with tasks, it lacks the features that Asana or Teamwork has for easy scalability. Also, some clients may forget/refuse to use Basecamp due to IT restrictions or simply preference of email. Also when users type body of email in the subject line, it can be annoying, but that is operator email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for agencies with large volume of clients & several team members collaborating on projects.

A lot of time can be saved since it can keep everyone aware of project status without having to be on every email. The organization features are also very nice & can keep large amounts of communication relatively easy to access by all members involved. Many times we will onboard new team members & forwarding them all of the emails regarding project status/history would be much more inefficient, if feasible at all.

Basecamp review by <span>Jason P.</span>
Jason P.

"Great Simple Task and Project Management System"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and usability. A system only works if the users use it. This is one of the few systems we can actually get our clients to effectively use. We use task management, file sharing, time tracking, wikis, and messaging. The email notifications and ability to reply to an email and have it tracked in the comments of the To do is priceless.

What do you dislike?

The simplicity can be limiting at times. Simply status fields or things that would help with workflow don't exist. In addition a kanban board or some sort of interface like that would be welcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely evaluate Basecamp. I love the product design and usability. Its very reliable and has been a standard for years.

We are able to collaborate internally and with clients on projects and tasks. We can track time spent, assign tasks, and track tasks for project work.

Basecamp review by <span>Luke W.</span>
Luke W.

"Project Management Made Simple"

What do you like best?

I can manage multiple projects at once with ease, even if people are in multiple cities. My favorite part about Basecamp is that it allows me to assign tasks to other, that way I know they have their responsibilities and I can keep track of their work.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It's so easy to use and it helps you manage multiple projects at once. It would be helpful if Basecamp was synched to Google Calendar, so I didn't have to upload projects to multiple platforms.

Coordinating projects across 7 different U.S. cities is simple with Basecamp because it allows you to create projects, assign tasks, and talk to each other in a variety of different ways to ensure that everyone is on top of the work.

Basecamp review by <span>Sara O.</span>
Sara O.

"Thank God for Basecamp"

What do you like best?

I love that it houses all of my tasks so that I can see clearly what I need to do each day.

What do you dislike?

This may be simply the way my company has formatted our Basecamp usage- but every project is listed to a client. Some projects encompass several clients though, and there's no way to put a task under more than one project. Also, there is no way to assign tasks to yourself that are outside the overall projects (I suppose I could solve this by creating a project labeled Personal, but since Basecamp projects are used by the entire office this isn't a great solution).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a fantastic organization tool! Beware that it does add an extra step- assigning work, signing off that you've done things, etc. HOWEVER, this is essential to project management and letting your team know what's happening. It has been a blessing for my work and allowed me to keep on top of different projects, especially when coworkers are out. You can clearly see everything that needs to get done! In fact, our issues are communication problems that happen outside of Basecamp-because they are so easily forgotten!

Basecamp is allowing us to stop things slipping through the cracks. It is exponentially more beneficial than making lists or writing post-its, my former way of organizing my tasks. This allows me to see everything I need to get done in a clear and organized way. It also emails me when I have tasks coming up, which can be very helpful! It is such a handy place to keep everything you need for a client.

Basecamp review by <span>Natalie F.</span>
Natalie F.

"Excellent Project Management"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is stored in one place. I also like how easy it is to close out to-dos, start lists, or loop in other people who need to be involved in the project. The overall best part to me about Basecamp is that we can see what we have not done yet and what we have in the future. Often times it's easy to forget which tasks you told yourself you will handl enext, but with Basecamp, I'm able to see that layed out for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no specific timeline by the hour. I'm not able to sort through my tasks and see which was flipped to me last, therefore being able to tell which task is older than others and which I'm the most behind on. I also dislike the Google Chrome plug in because sometimes it's already running rather than shutting off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't rely solely on Basecamp, use it as an additional helpful tool alongside your other modes of communication, like phone & email.

Some business problems we're having is just relying solely on our Basecamp inbox. So for example, if someone meant to flip a to-do back to me and forgot, then It's just completely off my radar. I've also noticed that it's taking the place of other communications, so any real-time chat or in-person chat is definitely lowered due to the frequency of projets we use Basecamp for.

Basecamp review by <span>Matt N.</span>
Matt N.

"Amazing project management tools"

What do you like best?

I love being able to segregate projects into items for our team, and items for our clients. There's a wall between what we work on together internally, and what we want collaboration on from our clients. This allows us to track of all details while only burdening the client with what's important to them.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint right now is there getting used to Basecamp 3. There wasn't a 100% clean way to import everything we wanted from Basecamp 2, but we've made due. They've allowed us to keep our old Basecamp 2 projects for those that won't transpose well to the new platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time with this product. The learning curve isn't steep, but we find we get more value out of our subscription when we are more thorough in our use of all the tools available to us.

We're able to track dozens of projects simultaneously while giving everyone a central place to keep track of their responsibilities, assigned tasks, and deadlines.

Basecamp review by <span>Andrew M.</span>
Andrew M.

"Best Project Management & Team Collaboration App"

What do you like best?

Basecamp takes all the things email tries to do – threaded conversations, chat, to-do lists, and so forth – and makes so much sense of them. And the platform is ubiquitous! Basecamp offers web apps, standalone apps for Mac/Windows, and mobile apps for iOS & Android.

Customer service is remarkable – ask a question, and you’ll have a response back within minutes. Basecamp is an app with a friendly personality, and the support team reflect that in every way.

What do you dislike?

I wish Basecamp had more of a knowledge base function like the now defunct Backpack (an earlier product by Basecamp).

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a free trial, so give it a shot with a particular project! I suspect you’ll opt for a paid account fairly soon. (https://3.basecamp.com/r/21j29)

Basecamp helps us communicate and build team culture; keep track of projects, events, and shared to-do lists; and in turn, makes us more effective at our jobs, no matter the position.

Basecamp review by <span>Bob M.</span>
Bob M.

"Simple Web Interface"

What do you like best?

It's very straightforward. All the tools for me as an administrator are available across the top. The time management is great, I can manage multiple projects, keeping all the clients siloed properly without worry.

What do you dislike?

Email interaction is sometimes confusing to clients, in spite of us providing explicit directions when we start a project. They often don't get the idea of threaded discussions and ask new questions by replying to a notification from an existing thread. Not sure of a good way around this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have tried a number of open source services and even some other lower cost paid services but have never found a substitute that covers our relatively simple needs.

For our needs, it's relatively low cost. I can add or subtract users from a project quite easily and quickly. Over and over we use the search function to recover long-lost information that would have inevitably been deleted from our mail programs.

Basecamp review by <span>Catherine A.</span>
Catherine A.

"Overall an okay program but has some down sides. "

What do you like best?

Easy to read task lists that can easily be assigned deadlines and to certain members.

What do you dislike?

I am a huge tab person when it comes to web browsing and I like to be able to easily go back and forth between different pieces of information. My biggest dislike is that I like have my task list open at all times for easy reference but when someone pings (instant messages) you have to click too many times to get back to where you originally were. It's mostly just an annoyance for me, would rather deal with sending emails then constantly "losing my place" within the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like having a variety of ways of communicating and coordinating on projects within your department and with other departments than this would be a great tool.

Gives a great central location for individual and multiple departments to communicate and work on projects together.

Basecamp review by <span>Jennifer U.</span>
Jennifer U.

"It's like we're in the same room!"

What do you like best?

BaseCamp has allowed our team to work together efficiently without needing to complicate schedules with meetings. That has gained us each several hours each week and has moved our organization forward significantly. This interface has also allowed us to work effectively with volunteers by keeping all information in one location. This is the best money we spend each month.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could separate paragraphs when posting from a phone rather than having my comments show up as one long paragraph. I wish I could "ping" more than one person in a type of group chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We switched from BaseCamp 2 to BasecCamp 3 -- definitely a better product

The things I like the best are really the answer to this question. We have gained hours each week, increased effective communication, and been able to add team members seamlessly due to the centrality that BaseCamp offers.

Basecamp review by <span>Madeline S.</span>
Madeline S.

"Getting Organized with Basecamp"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is an incredible project management software. It's extremely user friendly and it's perfect for assigning multiple people to one project. With Basecamp you can establish who owns which role.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are so many different places to make comments on a specific project. My team has run into the issue where people are putting in their comments in totally different places and then information is not properly communicated.

The biggest problem I was able to solve is giving transparency to coworkers regarding where I am with a project. With basecamp a coworker can assign a task to me and i'm able to add a list of which steps i have to do to complete that task. As i complete my task I can check of tasks and give full visibility to my coworkers.

Basecamp review by <span>Johnathan M.</span>
Johnathan M.

"Very helpful/Flexible Project management tool"

What do you like best?

I like the template options. We have many projects that follow a similar format with a lot of the same starting info. It saves a ton of time to be able to use templates and not have to start from zero each time.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if we could remove the main layout elements we aren't going to use for a specific project. For example, most of the projects we do don't require a Campfire (casual chat) and a Message Board (more formalized postings.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't worry too much about in-depth training... it's very easy to get started. Best to just pick a project and jump right in!

We have a wide variety of projects from website builds to product designs to various marketing campaigns... Basecamp helps us stay organized and stick to deadlines. From the management perspective, it also helps keep tabs on what everyone on your team is working on.

Basecamp review by <span>Christopher J. S.</span>
Christopher J. S.

"Useful tool for collaboration"

What do you like best?

The most helpful aspect about Basecamp is that all of our information and documents can be kept together in one place and in one thread for each task. We work on multiple projects at a time or at least have several different tasks that need to be accomplished. Each task might require photos, hyperlinks, word docs, etc, to be shared with our designer. We can start a conversation thread about the task and then anyone involved with it can upload items to the thread and keep progress moving forward.

What do you dislike?

Basecamp upgraded to Basecamp 3. Currently I have projects housed in the older version and the newer version. For some reason they didn't sync the different versions, so it actually requires me to utilize two different logins to access different projects. It's quite the hindrance to productivity and the feeling of operating in a simplified and organized way.

Basecamp allows us to stay organized and keep the most relevant information for a task all in the same place. So even when different tasks might require the same photo, we can still upload it to the specific thread, which makes it immediately accessible. It's easier than repeatedly grabbing the same items out of Dropbox or other cloud sharing tools.

Basecamp review by <span>Kelsey S.</span>
Kelsey S.

"The best way to keep everyone on the same page. "

What do you like best?

We use Basecamp to communicate/coordinate tons of different projects that are being touched by lots of different people, including remote employees and customers. It ensures that everyone is on the same page for each project, and allows us to distribute work in the most effective manner.

What do you dislike?

We've used Basecamp for years and don't have any real complaints. We've actually tried to find other ways to manage projects more efficiently, but Basecamp just works the best and is the most simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of projects running at the same time, Basecamp is a great way to stay organized and make sure everyone on your team is in the loop.

We love that using Basecamp keeps everyone in the loop, including our customers. We use it to keep notes of conversations we've had with customers and it allows people who may not have been involved to chime in when their input may be helpful.

Basecamp review by <span>Tonya R.</span>
Tonya R.

"Easy, intuitive"

What do you like best?

Basecamp is a great project management site for collaboration, editing and execution. The search tool allows for easy access to previous projects, tracking current work and planning for upcoming projects.

The suite is easy to navigate and easy to track with the team and has provided a sense of accountability which helps with project progression.

Our team has found it useful to revisit the progress timeline to review comments/questions from other project vendors, respond to and review updates and suggest other improvements together.

What do you dislike?

It would be wonderful if the calendar could sync or send tasks to an Outlook and/or Google calendar. Managing tasks in multiple places can be a bit cumbersome and detracts slightly from the productivity of the task assignments and future project planning.

Using the edit and messaging tools makes assigning tasks and checking in on progress simple and easy. The daily updates have alleviated the need for checking in with the team on progress and keeps everyone accountable.

Basecamp review by <span>Charles P.</span>
Charles P.

"A great customer experience management tool"

What do you like best?

I like that Basecamp is basically universally accepted in the business world, so your business is a b2b business, it's pretty safe to say that you'll be able to use basecamp to track their concerns, and manage expectations. Other tools are better for many of the additional features, but it HAS additional features that allow you to track time, and manage projects as well. This is a fantastic tool for high visibility management of lots of different kinds of communication.

What do you dislike?

Most of the additional features - project management, task management, time management are extremely basic and poorly thought out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not the best thing since sliced bread. It is a tool that you can easily communicate with your customers with, without having to do a lot of coaxing, or coding. You can use it for several other things temporarily, but most of the other features aren't any good.

Very few of our clients are savvy enough (or want to bother with) to use JIRA, so our primary use is request tracking. It is also nice to be able to restrict access to certain areas, so we're able to store information there that several people within the organization need access to.

Basecamp review by <span>Densil N.</span>
Densil N.

"Facilitates the realization."

What do you like best?

It's fantastic how Basecamp facilitates the realization of projects and makes them look much more accessible and simple, with a design that you can customize and edit when you want.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the way in which the staff of the team is added in Basecamp, you must add person by person with each one of your data, and this makes you lose a lot of time, I would like a faster and simpler way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a software that will help you in large part to carry out projects, or like to change the way you carry out your projects, Basecamp is the one for that task.

Basecamp has helped a lot in the realization of projects in my company, thus providing a platform that is easier to use.

Basecamp review by <span>Ali B.</span>
Ali B.

"Project Managment Made Easy "

What do you like best?

I'm a new user, and there are several features that have made working with a team from across the globe seamless. The first is the ability to pick and choose who receives communication. Simply uncheck a check box if someone on your team doesn't need to be included on the specific thread, however, they can still access the discussion if they would like. Basecamp helps with version control because you can see date/time stamps for when documents were uploaded.

What do you dislike?

I don't know, it's too early to tell what I don't like yet.

Working on a video project with a team across the globe. Time zones certainly vary so rather than scrolling through and trying to find email correspondence (including scrambling through Outlook folders) you can login to Basecamp anytime of day and discussion are organized by the most recent and the latest project updates are visibly indicated.

Basecamp review by <span>Harjeet G.</span>
Harjeet G.

"An amazingly simple and effective collaboration tool for teams!"

What do you like best?

From the first time I started using Basecamp a few years ago, it has come a long way. From the simple SaaS offering that enabled collaboration among distributed teams, to a full-fledged suite it is now. The biggest reason why we have stuck with Basecamp has been it's simplicity. It just works. No bells and whistles to distract (although there are many under the hood), the focus has always been on enabling us to get the job done.

What do you dislike?

- The chat (Campfire) needs to be implemented better. Instead of an integrated module like the others, it needs to build in the 'immediacy' a chat/conversations platform should have. A separate client even if that's what's needed.

- User permissions (especially when collaborating with clients) need to be better. They were rather atomic in the previous iterations, but have regressed to a point where the client has all or none. A task list cannot have items that are visible to the client, and the ones that are visible to you as an agency. And the clients cannot log in to track status - the agency manually needs to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basecamp would serve the needs of 99% of the users who need collaborative capabilities, and a central place to store project info. It's brilliant in enabling teams to stay on the same page. If your needs are more complex and you need a lot of customisations, you'd better look elsewhere.

Collaboration, Communications, Keeping everything in one-place

Basecamp review by <span>Dave C.</span>
Dave C.

"Hands down the best project management tool I have used to get things done."

What do you like best?

The interface and ease of use is the best, but adding tasks and collaboration is extremely easy. For those new to basecamp having email integration makes easy for them to contribute.

The calendar is pretty nice and being able to see all deadlines across projects is very helpful, would be nice to have outlook integration as an added reminder.

What do you dislike?

That the owner gets automatically added to every project. If you are the owner you will end up being on projects you are not really involved if you share the account with other departments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease folks into it by explaining how they can respond to emails to have it logged, also show how users can create tasks and messages from their email as well. This has helped adoption.

Create a generic admin account so that you are not filtering through every single project created <-- only for the admin account owner.

We were looking for a place to manage projects with ease and make it fun. The benefits is making myself and others accountable and keeping everyone in the loop. The biggest for me is having all of the back 'n forth out of my email this is probably the best part.

Basecamp review by <span>Roland C.</span>
Roland C.

"Highly convenient project management tools available"

What do you like best?

What can I say? I have been using Basecamp since time immemorial, and now they are simply getting better and better at what they do best -- making our lives better. I like the new look, the sleeker designs, that you won't get lost along the way. I like the instant notification every time a new thing comes up. The communication between team members are now faster and clearer now that they have card-like feature that separates different tasks, stages, and milestones of project. Best part is they have intuitive dashboard which predicts and lets you know that your job will be easily managed with them.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say, and so far, I have not experienced any inconvenience from them. probably on my teammates part, but not to Basecamp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend Basecamp to be used by anyone out there. You don't need to have a project in order to use this. By simply having this, means that you are dead serious organizing something, even your life. It declutters the mess that we normally make on a daily basis and organizes it in a simple and beautiful manners that take little to no effort from you.

The piling up of forwarded and replied email thread is a hell to manage and keep up. And it is very hard to have a to do list on top of your team communication, and metrics on your milestones. Basecamp simply put all those things together in one dashboard. The ultimate project management tool available indeed.

Basecamp review by <span>Mark S.</span>
Mark S.

"Basecamp, Here's what's on your plate."

What do you like best?

The consistent notifications linked to my e-mail is huge for me. It has allowed us to be able to stay on top of the mountain of projects we set out to succeed. Also, when an item your associated to is commented, responded or questioned on, you are given notice immediately. There has never been a time I went in to BaseCamp just to refresh and check status, it is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Not very much but to be critical in analyzing the platform I think it would be great to add more collaborative elements to it. Like a pseudo-dashboard that have valid up-to-date information on in-depth project managing such as price, allocation of resources and scope. I wish the software had stronger customization as well, something that fits into the 21st century project management platform, with a more social feel to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you will see a strong change in business if you commit to using it as you would any other tool in your belt.

We are getting this done, plain and simple. We are staying accountable for our interaction and pushing projects to completion, something without the platform we may not have been doing as efficiently. The benefit of knowing is also very important. Rather than e-mailing separate users to ask "where are we at with this project?" I am able to pull up my mobile app and see exactly where we are and when the project will be completed.

Basecamp review by <span>Henry G.</span>
Henry G.

"Best PM Tool I have used to Date"

What do you like best?

Being able to easily communicate across multiple teams, both internally and externally. Easily can post snapshots and comment on them. The e-mail notifications are great and take you straight to the related post.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could copy and paste a picture straight in like e-mail. However, I can easily upload, so that is just me being lazy. When you invite someone, I also wish I could specify their first name and last name and not just their e-mail. But, the invitee fills that out when they receive the invite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! I have tried MSFT Project before and it was very difficult to manage. I love getting notifications on my phone and being able to reply when I am away from my laptop.

Keeping track of multi-month-long projects with many work streams. It is easy to keep track of progress and move things around when timelines change, which we all know happens. The point and click interface is great when doing that.

Basecamp review by <span>Kalie W.</span>
Kalie W.

"Decency of Basecamp"

What do you like best?

I like their attempts at clarity, and their storage options. We used it to complete one of our projects as a means of testing it out, and we were okay with the way that it turned out. It was easy to use and I was able to determine what everyone was assigned to quickly, instead of asking if individuals had completed projects already.

What do you dislike?

I just cannot work with the interface. While it is simple enough to work, it does not include enough information and make it easy to see the individuals that are being dealt with each task. It was hard to really use, on a very personal level. I consider myself very visual, but the interface was just not user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Completely integrate all the products together. We opted out for another product because we did not think it was integrating enough components into its features. Basecamp did not seem as if they would like to keep our organization on their customers, so we decided to use another form of technology moving forward.

We are solving the completion of tasks from start to finish, which is essential not leave out critical pieces. We could understand who was doing what within the project and discover if we had missing areas that were not yet completed. I worked with several individuals that had different deadlines for all the pieces, and we also had a short timeline of one month to complete everything.

Basecamp review by <span>Lana E.</span>
Lana E.

"The good, the bad, and the in between"

What do you like best?

I like the "To Do" feature I think most because I am able to see at a glance what is left that needs to be done, I can assign team members tasks, set deadlines and add comments as needed for updates. It makes managing projects very straight forward.

Also, sharing drafts is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

I have worked in a team where the Notes section was misused as if it were email. The entire team would be notified when it wasn't necessary and then no one knew what each was doing. This is not necessarily a problem with the software, and can be better managed with the To Do option, but the particular people on this team were not adept in using the program that way so looked for their most familiar option. It didn't work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to look at the tour. It really helps to outline all of the features and will help you to determine how best to manage your own projects with their various tools.

I build websites so make my projects from a template because they all pretty much start out the same way and I have to work through a series of processes that is always the same. The benefit is that I can add my comps to the project, get approval through the proper channels and have it recorded if there is scope creep or changes made after approval.

Basecamp review by <span>Neelam D.</span>
Neelam D.

"Great for collaboration with clients"

What do you like best?

I work in the software development industry and most of the times I have a lot of questions that need to be clarified by my clients. Basecamp provides me the best platform to do so. It allows me to create a topic and include my clients' email addresses to the topic. A notification will be sent to them and anyone in the list can come back and write comments on the topic. My communication process hasn't been better organized. I love the fact that I can have multiple projects and keep them separate as they should be. No confusion!!

What do you dislike?

Basecamp has fulfilled my needs in collaborating with clients very well. Sometimes I get too many emails but I like that fact that I can handle how many times a day I get those emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is very nice and I am very satisfied. If you have a team and/or if you work with clients and need to communicate constantly, this product is a nobrainer.

I work with clients everyday. I need to communicate with them a lot and writing emails and going through long email threads is such a hassle. This problem has been solved by Basecamp. Any update on projects and any comments can be easily viewed. I can see who is on the team, and whom I can include in a particular project very easily. In my opinion it has turned the boring email communication into a great discussion forum where it really feels like everyone is part of the team.

Basecamp review by <span>Gaurav L.</span>
Gaurav L.

"Easy to use tool for team communication and project management"

What do you like best?

I have been using basecamp for 2 years. I really like their task list and to-do-list and how it appears for each and every member of the team with tasks assigned specifically to them. Its very easy to keep a track of activities, you can add comments on the discussion boards and post. Also it sends out an email when someone comments on the discussion board as well. We currently have 3 projects on basecamp and its working out really well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the notification emails when someone posts on the discussion board or updates the task list are delayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use team management tool. This will increase your productivity and provide a platform for the team to accomplish tasks simultaneously discuss new ideas.

We use basecamp to keep a track of tasks (outstanding and executed) and a discussion board where the entire team can discuss ideas and provide valuable input.

Basecamp review by <span>Steve K.</span>
Steve K.

"Too Basic - Not Used for the Right Things "

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use. It is clean but looks a little dated.

It could be a much better product if people were using it for its intended tasks. Do not use it to report problems. It is when clients try and start using it as a ticketing system that it breaks down.

I like the calendar and whiteboard features.

What do you dislike?

It is far to basic for many of the tasks that I have been asked to do with it. The discussions lend themselves to people misusing the tool. I have found that the search does not always bring back the results you would expect. This makes it harder to use the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When considering basecamp or other project management software make sure that the project components match your workflow. It is very hard to meld your workflow to match your software. Use this software if you just want to have a place to put documents and comments about the documents. It is not a full project tracking tool and is for sure not a tool for issue management.

I have had clients that use Basecamp. The client is using Basecamp generally with another vendor and they want to keep all their IT tasks in one place. This is a good idea in theory but so often it devolves into people sharing issues and problems with the project rather than just discussing the meta items (tasks, due dates, etc) of the project.

Basecamp review by <span>Susan M.</span>
Susan M.

"Best Tool in My Toolbox"

What do you like best?

Basecamp keeps my team and my projects on track. The best thing about it is it keeps a history of those long projects that never seem to end. Team members can pick up where other team members have left off, and often having access to that history saves a ton of time with not having to explain everything, training, etc. Newcomers can jump right into the projects.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to think of anything I don't like - Gosh, we've been using it for well over 5 years I believe. It's really come a long way during that time, and any changes I would have like to have seen have already been made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it if you're looking to keep track of tasks. It doesn't have a timeline or a Gantt-chart-type thing built in, and the calendar function is limited, so if you're looking for a high-tech solution, you probably won't be satisfied with Basecamp. But as a hub for notes, updates, stored documents, record-keeping, continuity, etc. it's perfect.

Basecamp keeps my team and my clients very organized and informed. It's a great place to store documents pertaining to certain projects for various clients as well as for ourselves. It gives me the ability to offload a bunch of stuff from everyone's To-do list into one bucket where we can keep it organized and moving forward.

Basecamp review by <span>Kelsie H.</span>
Kelsie H.

"A Few Experiences, Lasting Impression"

What do you like best?

I am a to-do list fanatic. And although Evernote is my go-to for solo projects, Basecamp is where it is at for group collaboration and teamwork. I like the various options for tackling issues and projects together as a team. I like that you're able to see project updates-the time/date that people made changes and who the person was that made the changes. That way, you'll know who in your team is interacting with this interface the most.

What do you dislike?

One thing that was difficult for me was opening documents and files that were uploaded to the group. I also like being able to preview the files, but at least with word documents, you have to download everything, which can be the extra step and hassle. That probably is one of my dislikes of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's extremely easy to use, so I just suggest giving it a try on your next project and seeing the difference it makes.

So we have a number of staff that don't work in a physical office with us. And when there's a more complicated project we're working on together, Basecamp helps solve some of those problems- who is tackling what? What are the next steps? What are the things I need to reference. Those things are huge! We know where we're at in the project phase and who is pulling their weight.

Basecamp review by <span>Stephanie F.</span>
Stephanie F.

"A Great was to keep track of your projects "

What do you like best?

It;s easy to use and share files on the platform. Also I like that you can reply through email and only need to login to he actual site to retrieve conversation thread. The milestone feature makes it easy to keep track of deadlines. I also like that multiple projects with different participants can run at the same time.

What do you dislike?

doesn't always work on my mobile device so I wish it had a feature that worked better on IOS and sometimes people ignore the massages because they don't consider it to be a a real email. The program is only as good as the people using it. Otherwise the software works ver well

Recommendations to others considering the product

It;s a good way to keep track of your project and keep many people in the loop but you do nee to be vigilant that people don't ignore messages and milestones. Some people find the emails through basecamp easier to ignore than emails.

I have many overlapping projects featuring many groups of people. This is a great way to keep everyone in the loop and everyone on track. It;s easy to drop projects when you have many competing demands for your time. Basecamp solves the problem and of long email chains. The whole conversation is easy to find on your basecamp home page so you know where your project stands even if you are coming back to it after working on another project for an extended period of time.

Basecamp review by <span>Samantha R.</span>
Samantha R.

"Basecamp — Perhaps lacking a bit of software design finess, but great for multi-person projects!"

What do you like best?

I like the "Docs and Files" tab, which is what I use mostly, because any user can upload a wide variety of files and then organize them in folders with notes to other users. You can also set up notifications for when you want another user to know you've uploaded something. The files are easy to create, navigate, and use, as well as being pretty self-explanatory in design and function. You and other users can go back and forth with proofs very easily, which makes magazine or print-based work with contractors, proofreaders, and designers straightforward and quick, while also making different types of projects easy to organize within one overall project.

What do you dislike?

There seem to be quite a few unnecessary features on the home page, but that might be because I only use Basecamp very specifically and have come to love the way in which my co-workers and I use the file-sharing capabilities. Though I like the theory of the To-Do list function and the fact that multiple people can use it, it seems like a stretch in reality (though I know some users who are hardcore list makers do enjoy it). The file upload time could also be a bit quicker, though I know that's going to be an issue with large files anywhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to use some of the other features aside from the document sharing tab. Overall, this software is simple to use, so you'll pick up on it quickly compared to more IT-savvy programs.

You don't need to fear maxing out your server space with this program, which can be an issue for magazine or print-related businesses dealing with large or high-resolution files on a regular basis. Plus, the download functions are seamless, making file transfers between co-workers quick and logical. Basecamp also sends you summary e-mails with a breakdown of what happened in your folders throughout the week, which is great for keeping track of your current status with any number of given projects and keeping you on the same page as your other project mates. This software is great for projects that have mu