Basecamp

Trusted by millions, Basecamp is a web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, and milestones.

Work for Basecamp?

Ian C.

Easy-to-use project collaboration tool

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The interface and workflow is very straight-forward and easily accessible to users of all technology background. Discussions and tasks are intuitive to start, update, and close. Email notifications are nicely laid out and you can update discussions and tasks via email response. The ability to reply to discussions via email is also very well-done. Overall, the user interface is easy to use. Low cost of operational maintenance because there is virtually no sysadmin requirements. Attached files are kept in central, easy-to-locate location. Interface is nicely done. Conversations are archived. Attaching and sharing files is easily done.

What do you dislike?

Discussions for large project teams can be difficult to keep up with over time. It's essential that discussion owners close threads promptly. Task updates are similar. Not a dislike but tasks offer very basic status functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use and has low learning curve. Does not offer deep project task functionality. Our subscriptions did not integrate with organizational login. However, this eased setup and working with vendors.

Our vendors used Basecamp as a simple way to interact with our team for both small and large projects. The ease-of-use was critical because the project teams on our side came from a variety of technology backgrounds. Some had very limited depth of experience and a complex project management tool would have created barriers. Ease of communication for project specific discussions was essential between our teams and our vendors. Ease of setting up accounts was also critical. Basecamp allowed this with low resource requirements in terms of learning curve.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Basecamp
Basecamp review by <span>Stella L.</span>
Stella L.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Since I use Basecamp, my way of elaborating projects has changed completely, before, developing a project meant doing a boring job, now, making projects is very fun, thanks to the great functions that this software has.

What do you dislike?

The problem with Basecamp is the chatroom, this chat was created especially to maintain an instant communication with the team, for queries and other things, but Basecamp has many errors in this area, since the vast majority of messages sent, many times They are not usually sent correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp to anyone who has doubts in using it or to any company where the projects are a boring area, because with Basecamp, they will know the true experience that should be felt when carrying out a project.

With Basecamp I have managed to make projects more fun and with more variety, creativity for my company, every project I do is totally fun and with a variety of factors unsurpassed, I am very satisfied.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Basecamp review by <span>Eugenie C.</span>
Eugenie C.

Teamwork to become organized

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Basecamp allows you to lead your business more organized and understandable. With Basecamp, each employee can easily find the document or letter they need. In the interior of your template you can see the basic tools for your work, such as a notification board, which will allow you to post the necessary information for your colleagues, there is also a chat room, to quickly solve all problems, schedule, to publish terms of work, etc.

What do you dislike?

The service is expensive for small businesses. There are problems with the calendar. But all the problems that arise are easy to solve with the help of the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service is one of the best in its market. Your employees will be able to perform their work faster with Basecamp. It works uniquely for long-term projects. You will be satisfied with the work of the Basecamp.

Basecamp helped to make our work more organized. All employees know where all necessary documents are, and everyone can get what they need, this is important when the team works across the country.

Basecamp review by <span>Allison S.</span>
Allison S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Basecamp has an excellent variety when carrying out each of the projects, because we can socialize with the work team for any consultation while we work on our projects, it is fantastic the characteristics and excellent functions that it has to make the stay more entertaining.

What do you dislike?

The problem with Basecamp is when saving each of the projects, since it is somewhat complicated because many times the project is not saved successfully and this leads to a considerable loss of information integrated into the content of the project, I would like the saved be successful instantaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp to companies that want to change the way they do projects, because with this software it is much easier to do them.

Basecamp has helped me carry out projects for my company and, at the same time, communicate with my team, previously I did not have a reliable platform for my projects, and since I met Basecamp everything changed.

Basecamp review by <span>Kisenn H.</span>
Kisenn H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Basecamp has a very renewed design and is updated every so often to provide variety and a different comfort at every moment, in my opinion, it is very convenient to carry out projects and at the same time communicate with your work team, either to ask for any questions or share information from the chatroom.

What do you dislike?

In spite of the good thing that it is to use Basecamp and the excellent functions that it has in the elaboration of projects, it has many errors in the self-saving and in the manual saving of each project, often the projects are not saved properly with the self-saving and this brings loss of valuable information that was written but for any interruption was not saved correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp for companies that want to carry out projects or that want to start on a good footing in projects, since with Basecamp it is very easy to carry them out and they will have an assured success.

With Basecamp I have managed to maintain a good expectation when carrying out each of the projects, since with each function that Basecamp has, I can complement the projects very well and achieve immediate success, and make them in a matter of minutes and then present them. It's amazing how Basecamp has changed the way I do projects for my company, now I have had much greater success in my company.

Basecamp review by <span>Allison M.</span>
Allison M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Basecamp has very good features to solve very well each project, take it to immediate success and also, provide an exclusive design that surprises many people, it is fantastic the way in which success is achieved with Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

The prices of Basecamp are very high, even though it is very good software and its features exceed the "basics" of each program, I think they should lower their prices to achieve an immediate accessibility to each of their work plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to someone who wants to take the creativity of projects to their company, with Basecamp you can achieve that and much more in a few moments.

With Basecamp I have managed to maintain a certain accuracy of success in every project I do for my company, I have also been able to use it to communicate with my team through ChatRoom and share different files or important information.

Learning about Basecamp?

* We monitor all Basecamp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.