Basecamp

(1951)

Trusted by millions, Basecamp is a web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, milestones and more.

Work for Basecamp?

Showing 1957 Basecamp reviews
Basecamp review by <span>Eugenie C.</span>
Eugenie C.

Teamwork to become organized

What do you like best?

Basecamp allows you to lead your business more organized and understandable. With Basecamp, each employee can easily find the document or letter they need. In the interior of your template you can see the basic tools for your work, such as a notification board, which will allow you to post the necessary information for your colleagues, there is also a chat room, to quickly solve all problems, schedule, to publish terms of work, etc.

What do you dislike?

The service is expensive for small businesses. There are problems with the calendar. But all the problems that arise are easy to solve with the help of the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service is one of the best in its market. Your employees will be able to perform their work faster with Basecamp. It works uniquely for long-term projects. You will be satisfied with the work of the Basecamp.

Basecamp helped to make our work more organized. All employees know where all necessary documents are, and everyone can get what they need, this is important when the team works across the country.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Basecamp
Basecamp review by <span>Erin S.</span>
Erin S.

Excellent Collaboration Platform

What do you like best?

I have been using this platform for about a year now and it is absolutely AMAZING! I can not say enough about it. I use this platform to communicate with a marketing firm located in Calgary, 1,00s of miles away.It easily allows us to collaborate on multiple projects, share documents and discuss plans all without having to get on a conference call. You can even pick and choose who is part of the conversation. Every time a post is made a notification is sent via email to alert you that the collaboration has continued. It is a wonderful platform.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing bad to say about this program. The only thing I would say is that upload times are a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a team collaboration platform, this is the one I would choose hands down. It is extremely easy to use, allows entire teams to be part of the conversation and keeps all of your documents and conversations organized and in one place. I love this program.

It allows me to collaborate with my marketing teams thousands of miles away. We are able to stay on track and collaborate on projects in real time.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Basecamp review by <span>Kisenn H.</span>
Kisenn H.

Very renewed design, updated every, nice basecamp.

What do you like best?

Basecamp has a very renewed design and is updated every so often to provide variety and a different comfort at every moment, in my opinion, it is very convenient to carry out projects and at the same time communicate with your work team, either to ask for any questions or share information from the chatroom.

What do you dislike?

In spite of the good thing that it is to use Basecamp and the excellent functions that it has in the elaboration of projects, it has many errors in the self-saving and in the manual saving of each project, often the projects are not saved properly with the self-saving and this brings loss of valuable information that was written but for any interruption was not saved correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basecamp for companies that want to carry out projects or that want to start on a good footing in projects, since with Basecamp it is very easy to carry them out and they will have an assured success.

With Basecamp I have managed to maintain a good expectation when carrying out each of the projects, since with each function that Basecamp has, I can complement the projects very well and achieve immediate success, and make them in a matter of minutes and then present them. It's amazing how Basecamp has changed the way I do projects for my company, now I have had much greater success in my company.

Basecamp review by <span>Allison M.</span>
Allison M.

Features and solve very well projects Basecamp.

What do you like best?

Basecamp has very good features to solve very well each project, take it to immediate success and also, provide an exclusive design that surprises many people, it is fantastic the way in which success is achieved with Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

The prices of Basecamp are very high, even though it is very good software and its features exceed the "basics" of each program, I think they should lower their prices to achieve an immediate accessibility to each of their work plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to someone who wants to take the creativity of projects to their company, with Basecamp you can achieve that and much more in a few moments.

With Basecamp I have managed to maintain a certain accuracy of success in every project I do for my company, I have also been able to use it to communicate with my team through ChatRoom and share different files or important information.

Basecamp review by <span>Amber M.</span>
Amber M.

Great for collaboration

What do you like best?

I love that the app is both mobile friendly and computer friendly. So I can take a picture on my phone and directly upload it into basecamp without having to first put it on my computer. I also love that we can create teams and to-do lists within the teams. It has really helped us get projects finished since most of us work varying schedules and aren't always in the office at the same time.

What do you dislike?

This is probably petty but I really liked the thumbs up button and the Mario soundbite. The boosts are ok but I much prefer the thumbs up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software for helping with team projects, especially if you aren't all in the same location and aren't able to have face to face meetings.

We use it to work on projects that need several departments input. It helps us get the projects finished sooner because we don't have to wait for all of us to be in the office at the same time (which doens't happen often enough)

Basecamp review by <span>Wanda M.</span>
Wanda M.

Basecamp: excellent intuitive tool for a variety of projects

What do you like best?

The functionality of basecamp is impressive. Intuitive use, easy organization, depending on what type of people you are working with (tech. vs. non -tech), learning curve upon first using it is moderate and thus it is fairly easy to invite new people to projects.

What do you dislike?

If you are inviting people who have no experience with Basecamp, the learning curve could be a bit steeper. Also, you need to set your notifications wisely, otherwise you will be swamped with messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have looked at several other project management tools and this seems to be quite an intuitive to use tool, visually and conceptually easy to understand. If you can get your team committed to using it, it will be an invaluable help in getting thing planned, tracked, refined and completed across different departments or even just within your team. The archive function will let you go back to anything you have done and retrieve it for future projects. A great tool!

Project Management, communication between different departments, easier workflow, I know where people are at with their projects, or where the project is at. No longer need to skim through emails to find files, etc.

Learning about Basecamp?

* We monitor all Basecamp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.