Basis DSP

Basis DSP

Basis DSP is the platform advertisers need to run successful online advertising across every channel.

Work for Basis DSP?

Learning about Basis DSP?

Basis DSP Reviews

Ask Basis DSP a Question
Showing 60 Basis DSP reviews
Basis DSP review by <span>Yuuki O.</span>
Yuuki O.

Operations and Strategy Coordinator

What do you like best?

Basis/Centro's staff is extremely friendly , helpful, and eager to help. The platform itself is simple and easy to use and reacts quickly to changes making real-time optimizations more effective. Creatives are also approved relatively fast compared to other DSPs.

What do you dislike?

The UI feels a bit outdated and there is not as much scale as other platforms. It would also be great to see some sort of bulk editing tool in future versions to make optimizations quicker and easier.

Basis DSP is great for any type of campaign whether it be over a short or long period of time. I was introduced to programmatic advertising through Centro/Basis and I've found their webinar series educational and their platform user-friendly and intuitive. The resources along with the platform helped our team create and understand better buying strategies as well as understand new, upcoming industry trends.

Not to mention, historically, it has always delivered strong, promising results when needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Basis DSP
Basis DSP review by <span>Matt K.</span>
Matt K.

A Great Platform!

What do you like best?

Basis is easy to use and becomes super intuitive after only a few uses. Once a user figures out the basic functionality, it's off to the races for their client campaigns. From campaign customizations to running reports, this system has it all. Not only that, but the team at Centro sets users up for success with their free training sessions. For never having lived in the programmatic world before, these sessions helped bring an instant understanding to a brand new technology for my firm.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I've found that I dislike so far is the user access. At this point we are only allowed one user account for our entire firm. However, it is my understanding that a new functionality will be added soon to have multiple user accounts available.

We were beginning to see a lot of clients interested in digital (programmatic) advertising and we weren't quite sure what solution to bring to the table to solve this problem. Through my research and after a demo, I determined that Basis DSP was the best platform to learn and bring to the table for our new and existing clients looking to get into the programmatic side of advertising.

What Demand Side Platform (DSP) solution do you use?

Basis DSP review by <span>Michael P.</span>
Michael P.

Programmatic For The Little Guy

What do you like best?

70+ ad networks, 30+ data partners, pinpoint geo-targeting down to 5m. Awesome location based remarketing capabilities through Factual.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve to figure out how to use the system optimally. Luckily Basis provides fantastic training both at setup and on-going to keep us using it like pros.

Also no out of the box customer match type solutions. Have to use a 3rd party vendor which incurs additional costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basis DSP is the best way to access programmatic display at a SMB friendly spend level.

We work with a lot of local businesses who don't have the budgets to support the minimum spends of most ad networks. With Basis DSP the minimum spends are much more palatable for local ad spends which have allowed us to offer programmatic display campaigns that really take advantage of today's data-driven landscape.

Basis DSP review by <span>Timothy W.</span>
Timothy W.

Solid DSP

What do you like best?

Far and away the best feature of Basis DSP is the support. The Centro team has been instrumental in training my sales teams on Programmatic Advertising. They've also been very receptive to our feedback and feature requests.

What do you dislike?

The UI is clunky and outdated. There are also issues pulling reports over any length of time. We've had to contact them directly to get lifetime reports for some of our longer campaigns (<1 year flights). Maybe I'm just spoiled by a decade of DFP, but there's a lot of reporting metrics that just aren't available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence. Basis is a great basic DSP but it may not be right for you if you have deep reporting needs.

We use Basis DSP for our Programmatic product line as well as for some internal marketing initiatives.

Basis DSP review by <span>Christopher M.</span>
Christopher M.

Digital Media Coordinator

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ease of use, we are only utilizing the self-serve platform but everything is fairly straight forward and there is plenty of metrics you can apply to dig deeper if desired.

What do you dislike?

Maybe mike the layout a little more inviting, it does seem a bit out dated as far as view-ability. But this is more of a cosmetic change, everything we use it for is very ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give this product a try, we have seen quality results while not using a big chunk of our spend.

We have actually driven a few checkouts which is one of our primary KPI. As compared to other partners and the amount of effort and time we are putting in with them, Centro is outperforming them while requiring less of our time to dedicate to it.

Basis DSP review by <span>Lisa W.</span>
Lisa W.

Most Helpful Team by Far

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Basis DSP is definitely the huge amount of support I know that I will have from them. From a small "where do I find this button?" question, to strategic support and resources for pitching new business, my questions are answered quickly and thoroughly every time.

What do you dislike?

There are some small fiddly things that can cause day-to-day annoyance. There's no way to include 3rd Party CPM charges, so daily budgeting involves more calculations on my end than I would prefer. And while I can set up dayparting, tactic start/end dates are only scheduled by day, not time.

Basis DSP gives me a great overview of all digital tactics I have running across many different clients, which keeps me organized and prevents anything from falling through the cracks.

Learn more about Basis DSP

Learning about Basis DSP?

* We monitor all Basis DSP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.