Basis DSP

Basis DSP

Basis DSP is the platform advertisers need to run successful online advertising across every channel.

Work for Basis DSP?

Learning about Basis DSP?

Basis DSP Reviews

Ask Basis DSP a Question
Showing 80 Basis DSP reviews
Basis DSP review by <span>Yuuki O.</span>
Yuuki O.

"Operations and Strategy Coordinator"

What do you like best?

Basis/Centro's staff is extremely friendly , helpful, and eager to help. The platform itself is simple and easy to use and reacts quickly to changes making real-time optimizations more effective. Creatives are also approved relatively fast compared to other DSPs.

What do you dislike?

The UI feels a bit outdated and there is not as much scale as other platforms. It would also be great to see some sort of bulk editing tool in future versions to make optimizations quicker and easier.

Basis DSP is great for any type of campaign whether it be over a short or long period of time. I was introduced to programmatic advertising through Centro/Basis and I've found their webinar series educational and their platform user-friendly and intuitive. The resources along with the platform helped our team create and understand better buying strategies as well as understand new, upcoming industry trends.

Not to mention, historically, it has always delivered strong, promising results when needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Basis DSP
Basis DSP review by <span>Matt K.</span>
Matt K.

"A Great Platform!"

What do you like best?

Basis is easy to use and becomes super intuitive after only a few uses. Once a user figures out the basic functionality, it's off to the races for their client campaigns. From campaign customizations to running reports, this system has it all. Not only that, but the team at Centro sets users up for success with their free training sessions. For never having lived in the programmatic world before, these sessions helped bring an instant understanding to a brand new technology for my firm.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I've found that I dislike so far is the user access. At this point we are only allowed one user account for our entire firm. However, it is my understanding that a new functionality will be added soon to have multiple user accounts available.

We were beginning to see a lot of clients interested in digital (programmatic) advertising and we weren't quite sure what solution to bring to the table to solve this problem. Through my research and after a demo, I determined that Basis DSP was the best platform to learn and bring to the table for our new and existing clients looking to get into the programmatic side of advertising.

What Demand Side Platform (DSP) solution do you use?

Basis DSP review by <span>Michael P.</span>
Michael P.

"Programmatic For The Little Guy"

What do you like best?

70+ ad networks, 30+ data partners, pinpoint geo-targeting down to 5m. Awesome location based remarketing capabilities through Factual.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve to figure out how to use the system optimally. Luckily Basis provides fantastic training both at setup and on-going to keep us using it like pros.

Also no out of the box customer match type solutions. Have to use a 3rd party vendor which incurs additional costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basis DSP is the best way to access programmatic display at a SMB friendly spend level.

We work with a lot of local businesses who don't have the budgets to support the minimum spends of most ad networks. With Basis DSP the minimum spends are much more palatable for local ad spends which have allowed us to offer programmatic display campaigns that really take advantage of today's data-driven landscape.

Basis DSP review by <span>Timothy W.</span>
Timothy W.

"Solid DSP"

What do you like best?

Far and away the best feature of Basis DSP is the support. The Centro team has been instrumental in training my sales teams on Programmatic Advertising. They've also been very receptive to our feedback and feature requests.

What do you dislike?

The UI is clunky and outdated. There are also issues pulling reports over any length of time. We've had to contact them directly to get lifetime reports for some of our longer campaigns (<1 year flights). Maybe I'm just spoiled by a decade of DFP, but there's a lot of reporting metrics that just aren't available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence. Basis is a great basic DSP but it may not be right for you if you have deep reporting needs.

We use Basis DSP for our Programmatic product line as well as for some internal marketing initiatives.

Basis DSP review by <span>Christopher M.</span>
Christopher M.

"Digital Media Coordinator"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ease of use, we are only utilizing the self-serve platform but everything is fairly straight forward and there is plenty of metrics you can apply to dig deeper if desired.

What do you dislike?

Maybe mike the layout a little more inviting, it does seem a bit out dated as far as view-ability. But this is more of a cosmetic change, everything we use it for is very ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give this product a try, we have seen quality results while not using a big chunk of our spend.

We have actually driven a few checkouts which is one of our primary KPI. As compared to other partners and the amount of effort and time we are putting in with them, Centro is outperforming them while requiring less of our time to dedicate to it.

Basis DSP review by <span>Rana C.</span>
Rana C.

"I find the DSP easy to use with a few more areas in which it could improve"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily optimize campaigns based on what you can see.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't put start and end dates on creatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The BasisDSP with Centro is an easy way to become a part of the audience extension experience. The product is easy to use even though there are a few campaigns that take extra long steps - such as custom factuals. The creative is generally easy to add but it would be nice to be able to place start and end dates on it for if it ends and needs to be replaced when I am out of office.

It gives us the unique ability to sell audience extension while keeping the optimization of campaigns in-house, close to the advertiser.

Basis DSP review by <span>Joey F.</span>
Joey F.

"Digital Sales Planning & Advertising Operations Specialist"

What do you like best?

I love the algorithmic optimization feature. Being that I optimize organically on a daily basis, this optimization feature is such an added bonus.

What do you dislike?

Reporting can definitely be buttoned up. It would be great to consolidate all reporting metrics to one "pull." For example, I have to pull separate reports in order to obtain geo performance, device performance, data segment performance & ad size performance. I would love to pull of this data from just 1 report request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a phenomenal resource for Audience Extension and a support team that rivals the absolute best in the industry,

We are now able to build Contextual campaigns & Hyper-Local Campaign. Before Basis DSP, we had to turn down RFPs that specifically requested Contextual and GeoFencing campaigns.

Basis DSP review by <span>Lisa W.</span>
Lisa W.

"Most Helpful Team by Far"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Basis DSP is definitely the huge amount of support I know that I will have from them. From a small "where do I find this button?" question, to strategic support and resources for pitching new business, my questions are answered quickly and thoroughly every time.

What do you dislike?

There are some small fiddly things that can cause day-to-day annoyance. There's no way to include 3rd Party CPM charges, so daily budgeting involves more calculations on my end than I would prefer. And while I can set up dayparting, tactic start/end dates are only scheduled by day, not time.

Basis DSP gives me a great overview of all digital tactics I have running across many different clients, which keeps me organized and prevents anything from falling through the cracks.

Basis DSP review by <span>Liz D.</span>
Liz D.

"Easy to Use Product with Competent Team"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use and relatively straight forward with the use of hierarchy for campaign structure. We love working with our Customer Success Manager, as she seems to always have an idea or solution for the types of campaigns we're running. Whenever I've had an issue, the Support team always responds quickly to my request and 99% of the time comes to a fast solution.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tools could be more robust. There are so many factors we're laying into campaigns - from audience or contextual targets, to PMPs, etc. I wish there were more customizable elements to the reports.

We've been able to streamline all of our programmatic buying in one platform, with more transparency and budget flexibility than using a managed service.

Basis DSP review by <span>Marina P.</span>
Marina P.

"Easy to use and amazing customer service/account management."

What do you like best?

I couldn't begin to use the tool without our amazing customer success manager, Kallie. She is so helpful and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything negative to say. The only reason that we would stop the service is because we need something a little more full service and less hands on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to learn a lot! And take some time to review all of the learning materials provided by the support teams.

We are just getting our toes wet in digital display ads and retargeting ads. It is a current gap in our sales process. We have received a handful of enrollments through our retargeting ads and have learned so much about the digital ad space going through the process.

Basis DSP review by <span>Megan S.</span>
Megan S.

"Easy to Use DSP with Lots of Capabilities!"

What do you like best?

I've been using Centro's DSP for a few years now and I've always preferred it over DCM/DBM. The layout is user friendly and support is great (as long as you hit their minimums...). Our reps with Basis DSP are really helpful and anytime we need help, they're always there when we need them most.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have multiple "tabs" open while starting a new campaign, that way I can quickly & easily reference targeting in a different campaign to ensure I'm not overlapping. I do wish that they had an easier integration into DashThis reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The hands-on training only really kicks in if you hit their monthly minimums. Support is extremely helpful with everything from how-to's and optimization recommendations though! Definitely worth it. I also like that you don't need a separate ad server like DCM (unless you want one)

Display advertising/programmatic. They also have private marketplace offerings, which is an awesome option even though I haven't had the opportunity to utilize it yet.

Basis DSP review by <span>Joanna D.</span>
Joanna D.

"Easy to use set of tools delivered by an amazing team"

What do you like best?

Our experience using Centro has taken us through many ups and downs, but overall the difference is in the support given to us by the excellent team at Centro. There is a level of service and caring about customers not seen with competitors. The platform has also improved and changed a lot over the past couple of years, and it seems that with each new iteration there are more and better tools for me to control my own fate as a media buyer.

What do you dislike?

We have a unique business model and likely some of the challenges we face would not be shared by other agencies, but one of the most important qualities in a DSP for us is massive scale over relatively short periods of time. Centro has struggled to deliver that to us in the past, to the point where it was our "backup" dsp in case of emergency. However, I am pleased to say that there have been positive changes recently in this respect, and I am noticing much more available scale when running during the last few campaigns.

Centro is the vehicle we use to match live content with potential audience, and it's safe to say that our business relies completely on the technology of a dsp to match content with audiences and drive ROI for our customers. So it's pretty integral for us.

Basis DSP review by User

"Centro is a great media buying tool"

What do you like best?

Mostly the newest optimization tool, its very helpful and frees up a bit of my time. Also the support team gets back to me relatively quickly when in need of assistance.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything, my biggest issues when first setting up campaigns would be the campaigns would all be turned on and the group wasn't or vice versa and it didn't have a little pop up that notified me they didn't match. Same things for if the dates didn't match. It would solve minor user errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe using fresh audience segments or being transparent about who exactly is in the segment or how old the data is would be helpful. If links are broken a pop up should say if that is possible. There are always little things, when you are a user and running 20 or 30 of these, little helpful reminders make the world or problem catchers help me since I make a lot of mistakes :)

targeting exactly who they need. Benefits would be the impressions aren't just blasted out to everyone.

Basis DSP review by <span>Eduardo R.</span>
Eduardo R.

"Simple and effective, very intuitive UI"

What do you like best?

The platform UI is very clean, well organized menus and very intuitive. After a few campaigns, you can understand mainly most of its capabilities. Personally, the integration of the third party data is essential and this platform performances very nice. Finally, the business executive (customer success manager) assigned to our account is such a great guy, he help us a lot , he organices quarterly meetings to follow up our advances and regularly he send us information, invitations, etc.

What do you dislike?

There's once thing to improve, the reporting. Reports are pretty basic and sometimes it's necessary more granulate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like I said previously, they should work on the reporting.

Basically, to buy good online presences.

Basis DSP review by <span>Dallas K.</span>
Dallas K.

"Basis DSP from a Creative Agency"

What do you like best?

Ability to reach and have endless inventory and audiences to reach our targeted audience. Also enjoy having access to our own account rep that helps us each week to better perform our campaigns or help strategize new tactics for new campaigns.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of a learning curve to understand and utilize the platform. If you are new, I would suggest starting out with a small campaign and to be hands on, I feel like this is the only way to actually learn and understand.

Audience targeting possibilities, serving ads on thousands of websites that we otherwise wouldn't be on through Adwords, Bing and Facebook.

Basis DSP review by <span>PrissyMissy 2.</span>
PrissyMissy 2.

"Fantastic Platform"

What do you like best?

I've been using different Platforms for over 18 years now and helped develop a few. Centro DSP is robust enough to handle everything I need. The UI is intuitive and the work flow is simple to learn and follow. The system allows me to create audiences and targeting so ALL my campaigns are at peak performance right out of the gate. No guesswork just quality performance and traffic. The support staff has been amazing and I cannot say that about very many companies that offer support. Customer service is alive and well here at Centro. And fast too, did I mention how fast they respond?

What do you dislike?

One user login per company. Not able to edit creative code once it has been uploaded, have to resubmit and rename which get a little bulky. I would also like to see Campaigns as a selection in the left toolbar. And I'd like to be able to Edit reports instead of re-running. Also scheduling them for a daily run and send would be great!

Occasionally I need a larger volume of traffic for a particular client than I normally have access to. I am also bringing my customers top quality traffic and performance has improved ten fold.

Basis DSP review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Media Planner Using The Greatest DSP Ever!"

What do you like best?

I like how clean the user interface is. The search function makes it easy to find groups and campaigns. It is easy to train others on the team with how the hierarchy has been set up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how when I copy an old group, that it keeps the previous start and end dates in the copied campaigns. It would be great to have those updated as well, but the bulk edit feature comes in handy. I also dislike how we cannot set up for creatives to start and stop. We have issues with our customers who have ads that start or end on weekends and we do not access the system on those days so we have to either wait until Monday or have something start late on Friday.

Using the DSP as self serve allows for myself and my teammate to make minor and major optimizations ourselves rather than waiting on someone else to do. Being in it everyday allows for me to see what is performing, what tactics are more expensive or least expensive and where to allocate the money for our customers to give them the best results possible!

Basis DSP review by <span>Jeff R.</span>
Jeff R.

"Ever Evolving Platform with Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Basis DSP includes the ability to do just about anything in the Programmatic landscape. The UI is intuitive and relatively easy to use. Great control over Sites, Exchanges, and Brand Protection. Bulk uploads and Creative management across brands is extremely helpful. The customer service is top notch, they really treat you as a member of the team. Feature requests are not ignored.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more pacing controls and pacing reporting on a campaign level. The features are being rolled out soon, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Allows us an efficient and easy way to run Programmatic display campaigns across all devices.

Basis DSP review by User

"Great service, fair product"

What do you like best?

Customer support is responsive and friendly.

What do you dislike?

The Basis DSP can be slow at times, especially when working with audience segments. Once you reach a large number of audience segments it can take a long time to process changes on that tab. The audiences tab could use the ability to setup presets as well. Basically, the audience tab needs to be rebuilt with usability in mind.

Need to be able to batch edit creative names much like you can campaign names.

Also would love to have the ability to set start/end dates/times for creatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am new to the Programmatic buying world so my knowledge of other DSPs is low. I would like to see what other DSPs have to offer before I can recommend Basis DSP.

Able to have complete control over our Programmatic buying.

Basis DSP review by <span>Will B.</span>
Will B.

"Basis Provides Everything We Need"

What do you like best?

Optimizations and Support from our Rep.

What do you dislike?

The inability to bulk edit links on ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you work in the platform for a little bit, Basis should become an essential tool in your marketing strategy.

With Basis, we have the ability to offer our clients a number of tactics. We can walk into initial meetings and have 5 different plans for them to review. The optimization capabilities of Basis is also fantastic and it allows for us to do more than just set it and forget it, we can actually influence the results based on our KPI really easily.

Basis DSP review by <span>Alicia R.</span>
Alicia R.

"Basis DSP - Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Upload bulk creative function, a lot of other DSPs don't give you the option to do it yourself and put you through a long process of filling out excel sheets. I really like that I have a lot of control over sites placements, and it's easy to pull a reports for what I need, even if its' last minute. Also, the customer service is amazing, anything we need help with the team is there to help, and they are always open to suggestions and feedback.

What do you dislike?

Lots of lag, sometimes it takes a while to load and save. When doing a bulk upload of creative and multiple ads are not accepted, it only shows one individual ad rather than the multiple that might have issues.

Using Basis as a self serve has given us the option to test out multiple things and see changes/shut off low performing tactics with ease. We frequently optimize to not just one primary conversions, but multiple, and it has allowed us to do that. I wouldn't want to use any other DSP.

Basis DSP review by <span>Christopher P.</span>
Christopher P.

"Easy - Solid Platform with Great Customer Support."

What do you like best?

Their support from our Customer Success Manager is top notch! Always giving us the latest trends in the industry and whenever we have an issue, she responds very quickly and with solutions.

What do you dislike?

Great platform - however I consider myself a "power user" of most tools so when I can't bulk upload/update a large quantity of ads, it slows me down. Although they do have some bulk features, if you work with thousands of ads, this can be a challenge.

Driving qualified traffic to our site for purchase and/or brand awareness campaigns.

"Finally in control!"

What do you like best?

Having control and flexibility of our campaigns has been the best part of switching to Basis DSP. No more email back and forth to get creatives switched out, targeting changes or reports.

What do you dislike?

Some reporting takes longer to run than expected, but being able to pull the data you need whenever you want it is better than waiting days for someone else to email it to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to work your Business Success Manager. Developing that relationship will help you learn how to use and setup campaigns in DSP faster and more efficently. Ours has provided insights and suggestions that helped our campaigns along the way.

Being able to run media has created opportunity for our clients that they had to go elsewhere for or hadn't considered yet. We are able to look at targeting options to pitch creative media plans and excute them quickly,

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the tool for a number of reasons. The tool is simple to setup and there are a number of campaign types to choose from. I can add creative with ease and I can make optimizations on the fly.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to make updates via mobile, as well as check results quickly without being by a desktop computer. As well, I have discovered a number of outside vendors that charge me on a CPM. Since I have hard costs to adhere to (that I use for both net costs for the dsp as well as the costs for these tools) it is very challenging to juggle that money. For example: if I am running at a more efficient CPM, I'll hit more impressions, which makes my costs go up for these outside vendors. It's actually a huge issue and a constant daily balancing act that could easily be fixed by adding some type of fixed cost CPM within the tool to ensure my minimums would not go over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a good tool to use for display ads. I do think there is a lot more that I can start doing that I am still working through.

Business problems being resolved are minimums. Some of our clients cannot adhere to minimums with some vendors we typically use. With this tool we are able to implement our own minimums as well as use similar tactics.

Basis DSP review by Administrator

"Learned lots, better marketer"

What do you like best?

The ease of use in placing display ads. Kallie, my CSM and my account manager did an awesome job when we first signed on, at explaining, and guiding me through the process, which I was able to thoroughly understand (because of their patience), and am now able to easily maneuver through the platform.

What do you dislike?

My only 2 recommendations for the overall platform would be seeing what my primary conversion is, by just hovering over the number, rather than clicking on conversions. My second recommendation would be to find a way to minimize the number of clicks for a user to move through the campaign performance information.

I've been able to add an additional touch point to how we connect with our clients. I've been able to better track how many visits our page gets per day, based on various actions. DSP has pushed me to dig deeper into our overall company analytics.

"Great Platform!"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to navigate and train team members. We have an excellent Customer Success Manager who offers support and optimization recommendations whenever needed.

What do you dislike?

The user access is limited. Since I have been added on to our agency account, I am unable to view Help Center in its entirety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Walk through a demo with Basis team to learn more. This has allowed our agency to expand offerings and actually make optimizations to campaign rather than just set it and forget it.

Our agency has numerous clients that are interested in digital advertising. Basis DSP is the best programmatic platform we have used thus far. The capabilities are endless!

Basis DSP review by <span>Nicky C.</span>
Nicky C.

"My first DSP and I love it"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use. After just one or two trainings, I was ready to start running ads at my leisure.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to set a maximum spend at the campaign level- not just the group or tactic level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've used another DSP similar to FB or Twitter ads, getting to learn BASIS for display will be very easy for you.

Being able to launch ads as soon as we get creative approval from clients- which can sometimes be in the middle of the night.

Basis DSP review by <span>Julie G.</span>
Julie G.

"Easy and intuitive DSP"

What do you like best?

Complete control over campaigns when needed, intuitive options when you don't, plus automatic campaign optimization.

What do you dislike?

Creative management needs flighting feature, campaign pacing is budget based, not impression or KPI based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all options and partners associated with the DSP. Many other services integrate and they have relationships with many of them. Utilize their customer support and account reps for media planning.l

Eliminating multiple publishers by buying direct from ad exchanges, using deep audience targeting to reach customers.

Basis DSP review by <span>Starla K.</span>
Starla K.

"Basis review"

What do you like best?

The flexibility to be able to pull reports and numbers quickly.

What do you dislike?

How if you are pulling a report and the creative that ran on that month ins't currently linked, so you have to check the linked box.

How you can specify what/ where and when you want the client to run.

Basis DSP review by <span>Jesse W.</span>
Jesse W.

"Basis makes it easy"

What do you like best?

Training and support are awesome! Kallie, my rep, is very knowledgeable and extremely patient.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the software store more regularly used data so I don't have to re-enter the same thing over each time I update ads.

More targeted advertising and at less cost than using a full service vendor.

Basis DSP review by <span>Hillary S.</span>
Hillary S.

"Great Customer Focus"

What do you like best?

Centro's internal team for publishers is great! Each member is constantly optimizing for the success of your client, and they're always keeping you in the loop with any changes or updates with the digital campaigns.

In addition, they have so many options for us, and our advertisers to take advantage of. Primarily, we use Centro's search and site retargeting, programmatic, and social media advertising options. In the past, we focused primarily on their Geo-fencing capabilities, but we've since switched to Simpli.fi due to better targeting capabilities for our advertisers. Plus, Simpli.fi has lower minimums that can really help our advertisers with a tighter budget.

What do you dislike?

Their minimums are a little high for the advertisers in our market. If they could lower those, we could service more advertisers in our market.

They also don't seem to be keeping ahead of the innovations in the digital sphere. For example, we used Centro's geo-targeting solutions pretty heavily when we launched their products in our market, but since then, we've switched to another partner, Simpli.fi, because they have a more targeted approach to that advertising. For example, Simpli.fi can serve a mobile ad on a device as soon as someone enters a store, Centro cannot. Simple.fi can also geo-fence just a section within a store, like targeting the flooring section of Lowes, for example. Centro just can't keep up with these changes and they're getting outpaced by smaller startups.

We're using Centro to serve ads across multiple platforms, taking advantage of their DSP. Specifically, we serve geo-targeted digital campaigns, search and site retargeting campaigns, programmatic buys, plus contextual and social advertising options as well. With so many products, we're able to really put a great proposal in front of our advertisers to help their businesses grow.

Basis DSP review by <span>Megan S.</span>
Megan S.

"Easy to use and very knowledgeable staff. "

What do you like best?

That if i ever have a question, the basis team is always there to help!

What do you dislike?

how many steps there are to complete one task.

The benefits would be that our clients get the most out of advertising with us because we can reach so many different platforms through them.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, great costumer service.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes videos can be slow to upload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to get training directly from Centro. The system itself is very easy to use, but make sure to equip yourself with the knowledge/tools to use the system properly and you can't go wrong!

Targeting hard to reach consumers using unique targeting methods. It is very beneficial being able to search for any kind of targeting and find a great variety within Basis.

Basis makes placing programmatic digital in house much easier.

Basis DSP review by <span>Andrew S.</span>
Andrew S.

"It's pretty good."

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to manage campaigns and get a sense of what changes will be good.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use some love. It's a bit dated and needs some shortcuts in some places to help workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try.

It's a good solution for programmatic ads.

Basis DSP review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Suite 66 Review of Centro"

What do you like best?

Really appreciate granular the targeting is with hyperlocal campaigns. The setup is extremely easy and the reporting for it is also very simple as well. Making changes and optimizations are smooth, which is why we continue to use it.

What do you dislike?

Tracking and optimizing for CPC campaigns is somewhat challenging based on how the budget management is set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to work on streamlining the workflow for set up and reporting. Having city-based reporting is really key for many users.

Using the inventory research as been really helpful to see what prices some of our properties are clearing at on the exchange. It also provides a guide in terms of how much we should be pricing our products at in addition to seeing where there is activity and avails growing or declining for certain publishers.

Basis DSP review by <span>Eder Javier C.</span>
Eder Javier C.

"McClatchy-Centro Partnership "

What do you like best?

The customer service is by far the best thing about Centro. We have many options in terms of DSP’s but having John Botero and Christine Paulson there for any new features of troubleshooting is absolutely awesome!

What do you dislike?

Not much of a dislike but I wish Centro had a geo-fencing feature like Simpli.fi

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in touch with the Customer Service team for a trainings.

Many! We love that we are very hands on with Centro’s DSP. We can generate pixels on he fly and the optimization tools are great.

Basis DSP review by <span>Melanie H.</span>
Melanie H.

"Basis is great!"

What do you like best?

Basis DSP makes managing display campaigns simple and easy. Kallie is always there to offer help and answer my ridiculous questions, and the DSP Support team always replied promptly and thoroughly.

What do you dislike?

I would enjoy a reporting feature that allows for the customization of all columns (impressions, clicks, etc) to cut out extraneous metrics such as completion rate for standard display campaigns.

Basis DSP has allowed for total flexibility with campaign budgets, which has been a great aid for clients with small budgets or small agency efforts.

Basis DSP review by User

"The best DSP with excellent customer support!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use platform with amazing capabilities! Support from and working with our Customer Success Manager :)

What do you dislike?

I have no major complaints. Centro support is always working with us to make sure we find solutions to any problems.

Centro DSP gives us the opportunity to reach our consumers in the most effective way. All of the capabilities that they have to offer allows us to find the best way to reach our target audience. They are continuously implementing new offerings that help us stay ahead!

Basis DSP review by <span>Kyle J.</span>
Kyle J.

"Straight to the point"

What do you like best?

The interface. No other dsp has quick and easy to use interface.

What do you dislike?

There is no scheduled reporting still after 4 years of being an active user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a 3 month try.

The ability to keep cost down and still get great results.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The platform is very intuitive and the service received is top notch. Our account manager, Jeff, is easy to reach and always points us in the right direction. Jeff goes above and beyond to help our team.

What do you dislike?

My team would like to have an inventory tool to forecast inventory layered with specific data segments and geos.

Basis DSP is our only in-house display platform. It helps us build programmatic display solutions for our clients.

Basis DSP review by <span>Andrew B.</span>
Andrew B.

"Ease of use and great support staff! "

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the platform is great. I've worked in other DSP's and Centro/Basis is one of the easiest to use. Their mulit-update feature and bulk creative upload are great. I work with Matt Kershaw, Alyssa Hamm, and Mike Smith. They are an excellent support staff and have been nothing, but helpful when it has comes to any questions I may have.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything I dislike about this platform.

n/a

"Centro Review"

What do you like best?

Support from my Customer Success Manager (Kallie Francke) who is incredibly knowledgable, detail-oriented and supportive. She is always willing to go above and beyond to offer insights into our campaigns and has allowed us to grow our user base thanks to her expertise.

What do you dislike?

There are several placements that show up as "Anonymous" that seem sketchy/potentially fraudulent. I wish Centro would comb through their placements to ensure that these placements are not in their traffic.

User Acquisition

Agency

"Great Targeting Capabilities & Sound Reporting"

What do you like best?

The broad range of exchanges we can access.

What do you dislike?

The constant discrepancies in reporting between basis and other tools (like google analytics or client's crm).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you work on the up-front setup to ensure your ROI is tracking properly.

We are solving a problem of not being able to advertise on google due to a client's classification as a weapon (TASER), and are expanding their brand awareness and audience targeting abilities.

Basis DSP review by <span>Jordan K.</span>
Jordan K.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The platform is incredibly easy to use and can be taught to anyone. Setting up new campaigns is quick and for the most part once it is setup it can be left alone.

What do you dislike?

Functionally there is nothing that I dislike. My biggest negative is the CPM we are paying for impressions.

It is a quick and easy platform to post ads. This saves us a lot of time.

Basis DSP review by <span>Mike S.</span>
Mike S.

"Great Team, Great Support"

What do you like best?

Since DSPs generally access the same inventory and fit the same function, what sets Basis DSP apart is the team we have supporting us and keeping us abreast of changes in the product and best practices.

What do you dislike?

I have not run into any problems that our team wasn't able to help solve.

We are able to provide our clients with a new level of transparency and flexibility in our programmatic media offering.

Basis DSP review by <span>Bryan G.</span>
Bryan G.

"Good Entry Level DSP"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that for minimum input, you have the bells and whistles of a dsp. I also love the real time reporting that is available. It makes short flights a lot easier to manage and flight.

What do you dislike?

It is very clunkly and slow. It is a trade off for the speed of reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for atleast 24 hours for creative approval.

It allows me to go beyond the gdn and expand my display capabilities with 3rd party audiences etc.

Basis DSP review by <span>Samantha B.</span>
Samantha B.

"Media Strategist"

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive and easy to use the dashboard is

What do you dislike?

I find campaign pacing is a little difficult to use

Basis DSP is the cornerstone of our in-house programmatic desk

"Works well "

What do you like best?

The bulk creative upload tool is a lifesaver. Overall, the platform is fairly easy to use and manage. The auto-optimization tool is also great and saves me time on optimizations I normally would have spent more time on.

What do you dislike?

Bulk edits to creative are difficult - you have to edit campaigns individually if editing anything other than destination URL, impression URL or status. It would be great to see spend by audience if you have multiple segments included in one campaign.

We are trying to drive engagement and leads. Being able to optimize for multiple goals has been hugely helpful with this campaign.

Basis DSP review by <span>Katelin H.</span>
Katelin H.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I love being able to manage the DSP on my own but also knowing I have a dedicated specialist to help out if I ever have any questions.

What do you dislike?

Not much that I dislike, except when copying a campaign and changing a date, the dates do not change across the whole campaign.

We are helping clients reach specific audiences outside of our one publication.

Basis DSP review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Centro Review"

What do you like best?

The combination of a simple UI and sophisticated capabilities that lend themselves to local campaigns is perfect for our business needs.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple small complaints, mainly around reporting capabilities and the excessive work that needs to go into creating reports directly from the platform.

Organized and effective distribution for local campaigns. The simple execution within the platform is just right for my small team.

Basis DSP review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use, great customer service and a good product! "

What do you like best?

The ease of use and customer service. Always willing to help you and provide suggestions.

What do you dislike?

Reporting function is good, but I would like to have it have more organizational options and to set up automated reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get at least one person to become the champion and understand the ins and outs of the system and the sales process.

Doing real time buying in house instead of through a third-party vendor. Gives us a lot of ways to make the product work for our clients and seeing them stay on.

Basis DSP review by User

"Centro is a great company and even better product."

What do you like best?

The platform is pretty easy to use and reporting quickly is key!

What do you dislike?

The system has a lot of upgrades, meaning down time where we cant access the system.

Reporting, That’s the biggest problem I see. Clients want to know where their dollars are being spent and we are able to show them.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Well-Rounded Ad Tech Targeting, Data and Creative Solution"

What do you like best?

Centro originally fell on my teams radar from the data that they were able to provide. Using a quartely data pull provided by Centro, my team was able to get a better picture/directional view into what our competitive marketspace looked like. There creative customization is turn-key so any asset dev is fast. Outside of that, the campaign management team was great--very responsive and always suggesting new opportunities.

What do you dislike?

There were issues with viewability of our inventory, but the campaign management tram assigned to my team made adjustments and fixed the issue. This type of issue can happen across any partner in the ad tech space, so it's important to have a brand safety parter to monitor your impression activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Centro is a strong DR partner. Based off performance, I recommend paring them against a competitor. Once you have them live, be proactive about asking your Centro team about any insights they can give on the type of audience they are seeing convert on your KPIs. We found information leading us to including a new demographic segment to our client's audience.

The business objective for the campaign where Centro was used, we were tasked with maximizing our reach to the client's consumer demo and then drive them to the brand's site for further messaging.

"Fan of Basis!"

What do you like best?

Basis is very user friendly and easy to teach. Cloning campaigns and creating new ones are fast, as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, depending on the field, the domain lists or the third party audiences can be thin. Primarily they are not, though.

We are able to reach new websites and really see things like CPM or CPC.

Basis DSP review by <span>Pieter O.</span>
Pieter O.

"Awesome product, brilliant team"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of the platform is great, responsiveness unsurpassed.

What do you dislike?

Viewability options though good, could be expanded

Real-time activation

Basis DSP review by <span>Heather S.</span>
Heather S.

"Utilized for Multiple Clients, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, helpful customer service, the upgrades to the platform have been great

What do you dislike?

The linking of the creative is time consuming. It's an extra step that doesn't need to be there.

able to provide our clients with hyper local targeting options and mobile in-app solutions.

Basis DSP review by <span>Kini A.</span>
Kini A.

"Centro DSP platform"

What do you like best?

Platform is very easy to use. Their staff has been great to help train and answer questions.

What do you dislike?

Their reporting features are not as in depth as a previous vendor.

The ability to control our campaigns in house is very beneficial to us.

Basis DSP review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Way to go, Centro!"

What do you like best?

I value the sales and technical support!

What do you dislike?

Pricing can be tough for smaller markets

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your own house in order to succeed with the tools Centro provides. It's a poor musician who blames the instrument.

Using Centro, I'm able to expand my portfolio of digital products to compete with any advertising challenger in any market I choose to pursue without having to worry that I may be outgunned.

Agency

"Excellent Solution for Advertisers"

What do you like best?

The platform is excellent, but the customer service is the best part.

What do you dislike?

I have a single complaint: I can't delete creative files from the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up a demo and move forward with the trial - there is truly no risk and I believe that you'll be thrilled with the results!

We have grown our digital advertising revenue by over 100% since switching to Basis DSP due to the variety of tools available and the support from the Centro team.

"Programmatic Platform "

What do you like best?

Great help from our CSM, great resources available

What do you dislike?

some functionality not available ....say this is short? lol some more white list functionality?

targeting users on a multiple platforms, now have the ability to target mobile users basically anywhere

"Media Planner/Buyer"

What do you like best?

Team Basis support and ease of platform use

What do you dislike?

Integration capabilities and the lack thereof for certain programs such as DashThis, Google, etc .

Developing an in-house agency and becoming well-versed in the digital advertising arena.

Basis DSP review by Administrator

"My Marketing Agency Using Centro Basis to Find Efficiencies Buying Digital Media"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of the platform and customer service.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is one-dimensional and doesn't allow a high degree of customization or visualization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A business intelligence dashboard is likely required to automate/create more robust,

efficiencies placing across multiple ad exchanges.

"Advertiser"

What do you like best?

Basis customer support team and training team have been great to work with. Sales team eager to assist with reporting.

What do you dislike?

Not mobile enabled

UI not super friendly

Programmatic

Native

Historical footfall / atrribution

PMP

Video

Basis DSP review by <span>William S.</span>
William S.

"Great Platform - You should be using at agency level"

What do you like best?

Real time inventory tool - fantastic CPM's - inventory is great - geo fencing product is awesome

What do you dislike?

At first it is not the easiest platform to navigate and you do not get dedicated account manager till a higher level of monthly spend

Recommendations to others considering the product

easier campaign set up

getting our clients great display inventory as well as great video inventory - we have seen great results with geo fencing product as well

Basis DSP review by User

"Great Programmatic Platform "

What do you like best?

Centro buying techniques & customer service!

What do you dislike?

I think the interface can change up a little.

Optimization techniques. They have a great tool for us internally to optimize based on CPC/CPA or CPM.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great company and great people"

What do you like best?

They make media planning easier when an agency is short staffed or don't have enough bandwidth. They are also very transparent in providing their methodology.

What do you dislike?

Although it's a great service, I wouldn't recommend to use all the time as it takes experience in planning away from members at an agency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your team is shortstaffed or may be inexperience in the world of digital, I would recommend Centro as a starting point in planning.

Solves issues of shortstaffed teams and also provides guidance if a planning team is stuck. Using Centro benefits in the sense that it creates more efficiencies in the workplace.

"Centro Review"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use once you work in the system.

What do you dislike?

A lot of information to take in at once, different than Google Adwords.

Advertising for clients that have a larger budget.

"Suits our needs"

What do you like best?

customer service is excellent, lots of options in terms of audience and contextual segments, new product options and improvements are regularly available

What do you dislike?

sometimes a little difficult to build out lots of campaigns at once. Basis doesn't help with or validate pixel placement which can be a pain point.

providing display advertising to clients who weren't previously doing any. Helps drive traffic to website that wouldn't be there otherwise.

Basis DSP review by <span>Emily G.</span>
Emily G.

"Knowledge and Service is OUTSTANDING! "

What do you like best?

John Botero is incredible. Fast in response, but more importantly he just knows his stuff!!

What do you dislike?

I have not had any issues with the product to fill this portion out.

Currently, no problems.

"Centro self-managed DSP"

What do you like best?

Media buying made easy! The platform is user friendly and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There are frequent software updates and network issues. The platform has a history of malfunctioning after platform updates.

We utilize the DSP for media buying, building strategies for audience extension, and targeting specific demographics. Having the ability to work with our contact at Centro and problem solve together allows for better customer service for our clients.

"Great functionality"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Been very pleased with the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Reporting limitations. Many reports are limited to 45 days but I'm being told that they're extending that.

It's perfect for clients with smaller budgets.

Basis DSP review by <span>Marc J.</span>
Marc J.

"Great team to scale with"

What do you like best?

Centro makes it easy to expand into other channels so that you can do the strategy, not the campaign set up and management.

What do you dislike?

The fees can be a little high, but if you build a partnership with your team, it can be worth it.

Bandwidth was limited, so this allowed us to offer more services without having to take on a ton of extra work.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"The Centro DSP packs-in tons of buying power while being the easiest to use BY FAR."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. We're able to set campaigns up in about 5 minutes.

What do you dislike?

The "spend evenly" feature could be much simpler a la Facebook.

We're seeing excellent CPM in great inventory across all networks.

Agency

"Great DSP support and customer service"

What do you like best?

We enjoy the flexibility to manage our client's campaigns and our support rep Kallie Frankcke is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to share audiences on the platform with other clients that have similar audiences.

A more diverse strategy for each of our clients. Pixel placement is key for an accountability.

Agency

"Solid platform and helpful support staff"

What do you like best?

Quick, helpful support from Customer Success Manager

What do you dislike?

Platform can be hard to navigate when you first start

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Basis DSP to anyone who requires help setting up campaigns, getting new ideas for tactics, etc. The support staff is great!

New programmatic tactics to use with clients

Basis DSP review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good platform, good customer service"

What do you like best?

The platform works well and has an easy to use interface. Custom service is better than many of the other DSPs we've used. Overall

What do you dislike?

Other platforms have internally built viewability or brand safety tools, Centro's are all third party.

Providing display and advertising solutions for clients

Basis DSP review by Agency in Design
Agency in Design

"Dig it"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, great support if there are ever questions, they take client feedback & suggestions seriously

What do you dislike?

some quirky things, i dont like that the campaign being viewed changes if i update a date range (but i recognize these are the kinds of things that can be suggested)

na

"Centro"

What do you like best?

LOVE their monetization of our remnant inventory. We have really high CPMs and fill rates and have never had a problem with bad ads coming through their networks. Their dashboard is very cumbersome and has great information accessible very easily.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike.

Remnant monetization and National billing

"Basis DSP review"

What do you like best?

The ability to go into the platform and see the targeting options and their associated costs

What do you dislike?

The reporting leaves a lot to be desired.

It allows us to sell programmatic solutions to our customers

"Basis Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to optimize campaigns on multiple levels

What do you dislike?

Not being able to schedule reports to be emailed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to navigate the multiple optimization opportunities

Research for clients, continually adding new products

Learn more about Basis DSP

Learning about Basis DSP?

* We monitor all Basis DSP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.