Basis

Basis

Basis is the platform advertisers need to run successful online advertising across every channel.

Work for Basis?

Learning about Basis?

Basis Reviews

Ask Basis a Question
Showing 132 Basis reviews
Basis review by Aimee T.
Aimee T.

"Centro is a DSP that I really enjoy using."

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Centro is the company attitude. Centro cares about their customers and does their best to go the extra mile.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of a complaint. If I had to, it would just be that I can't enter a value of less than 1 for a click through rate on a group setup. I have to set it at 1 then go back and edit it. Sure, we'd love to get a 1 ctr, but reality is we are lucky to get a group ctr of .25%, so I want to set the goal at a more attainable level.

We use Basis when an advertiser has much more specific needs than our other forms of advertising can meet. This gives our advertisers the benefit of knowing more about and being able to reach more specific audiences which then in turn usually creates higher success stats.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Basis
Basis review by Cody W.
Cody W.

"Easy to use, robust, broad reach"

What do you like best?

Being able to reach a large audience across many different exchanges, especially across mobile in-app inventory, with deep reporting and toggles to control many aspects of the campaign at once. The support team is very responsive. Flexbility across groups and campaign functionality can make reporting a breeze when high-maintenance clients come down with granular reporting requirements.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to set daily impression caps/goals. Many campaigns we run on behalf of our clients are impression, not spend, based. Additionally, better notifications about flights/campaigns running out of budget can help us trouble shoot on-the-go and be proactive with our campaigns, versus reactive and then at the mercy of our customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to ask questions! Every time we speak with support or our account manager, we find new ways to use the tool we hadn't previously considered which offers more fine controls over our campaign performance and management. Spend a lot of time uploading things like audiences, ads, and making decisions on third party segments prior to launching a campaign. Take advantage of how easy it is to set up and save black/whitelists, as previous DSPs we've used have had a much clunkier setup. Other tools, like audience capture, also offer you opportunities to enrich existing targeting groups and can provide insights you can't get elsewhere.

Solves the problem of reaching our audience across many different environments in a single UI. Cost-effective and has very, very little downtime. We are a smaller organization, so working with a partner that works 99% of the time is imperative, and we're able to achieve that with this partner.

What Demand Side Platform (DSP) solution do you use?

Basis review by Sam W.
Sam W.

"Social Marketing nerd finally appreciates programatic thanks to Basis"

What do you like best?

Primarily I am a social media marketing expert. I never really paid that much attention to programatic display. But when my company began migrating to Basis and I started learning about all of the capabilities to target, re-target, and reach new audiences - I was floored.

Now programatic display advertising and re-marketing have become important components in my overall digital sales funnel.

Our Customer Success Manager at Basis, Michael Sammut was instrumental in this shift of my thinking. He has been with my team and I from the beginning teaching us ways to optimize the platform and showing us his insider tricks. And everything he shows is customized to our unique business model and audience. Michael has really taken the time to give everyone on my team, the direction we need to be successful, while expanding our understanding of programatic advertising.

As part of their commitment to education and platform training, Basis invited a colleague and myself out for an in-person 2-day certification training at their Chicago office where we meet many of the Customer Success Managers, IRL, and had the opportunity to learn at their impressive facilities.

What do you dislike?

Project planning prior to a signed contract is still a little cumbersome. Setting up your project in Basis when you already know how you will execute the plan and have all of your budgets set is easy and straight-forward. But using the platform to project different campaign scenarios that a job might take, is still an involved process. I'd love to be able to, for example, build audiences without starting a new job - just so I can see what my potential audience size might be.

Our agency serves a niche industry whose target audiences are highly specialized. Reaching the right audience via prime advertising real-estate at a reasonable cost was next to impossible with conventional ad platforms like Google. Basis has dramatically increased our campaign reach and click-through rates, and given us the ability to bid on higher-profile ad networks that we didn't have access to before.

Plus, walking into pitch meetings today with a strategic technical partner like Basis by our side has impressed potential clients and given us an advantage over competing agencies.

Basis review by Audra H.
Audra H.

"A good self-service DSP with great customer service"

What do you like best?

The platform gives users a significant amount of control over ads and optimization, and once you learn how to navigate the interface, it's fairly easy to use. There are great targeting segments, no shortage of exchanges, and relatively simple optimization tools. The number of categories for creative is incredible — from the usual static image/video to GIFs, HTMLs, audio files, and more. The customer service is superb — our representative goes above and beyond to make himself available and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The UX design can definitely be improved. There's a learning curve to understanding the interface and the terms it uses, and I wish the platform offered more guidance on terminology and process natively within the system. There are several places where I wish there was an "undo" button, or a way to "select all" (e.g. targeting, optimization). There are places where it's not entirely intuitive which button to press for certain actions. There's a learning curve with every interface, and thankfully for Basis, the customer service is always just a quick email or phone call away.

More so than many other advertising platforms, Basis helps us achieve very tailored audience targeting, higher completion rates and 10-second video views for video ads, and an interface that can monitor multiple platform budgets from a single page (Facebook, Google, DSP).

Basis review by Amy M.
Amy M.

"Solid platform, easy to user interface, wonderful support"

What do you like best?

I like that with Basis, we have the ability to target generically, all the way down to very granular all from an overall very user friendly interface. The tactics offered are on par with the industry.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be improved. For example, setting up or saving scheduled reports from any area in which we might download data for any brand or group would be a major upgrade.

Blacklist updates should be auto applied from the back end. Blacklists are sometimes slow to identify updated apps, thus making blacklisting apps very manual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basis is a solid platform that is very reliable. We are able to implement programs quickly and at scale. We use it for larger buys, down to small businesses on behalf of local publishers. Not all platforms offer such access to the controls as this UI. They have always been very responsive to any issues or concerns.

Quality, low cost, programmatic inventory at scale.

Basis review by Ryan G.
Ryan G.

"Great results, Great service, Great partner"

What do you like best?

The level of service in comparison to typical providers is extremely valuable, as there is always someone to check in on performance, provide suggestions, dig deep into research and answer any and all questions.

What do you dislike?

We ran into a problem with not being able to build a lookalike campaign with their self service model but true to their service they created the campaign for us in their managed platform so we could meet our goals and client expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great partner for growth

We leverage Basis for programmatic media buying and do so using the self service platform which provides a very easy to use interface for set up and management in comparison to other DSPs which can be quite complicated for self service. We also get the power of data and research to support strategy with the partner relationship that you don't get by running simply with another DSP.

Basis review by Hannah  A.
Hannah A.

"User friendly and simple "

What do you like best?

It's super easy to create and manage campaigns. Plus it helps keep all brands and campaigns more organized and easily accessible. Everything is easy to find and layout makes complete sense. Extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The Centro/terminology is hard to remember for someone who is not inside, buying regularly. I also dislike how long it takes to get the numbers you need for reporting. Sometimes, we need data right away. So, I wish there was something that we could have access to that pulled information faster.

There aren't many bad business problems with Basis but we do enjoy buying for our clients and letting them see their campaigns through different websites. Clients really enjoy being able to check on their campaigns to see how they run without having to call/email us and ask. They can just check them when it's convenient for them.

Basis review by Megan S.
Megan S.

"Easy to Use DSP with Lots of Capabilities!"

What do you like best?

I've been using Centro's DSP for a few years now and I've always preferred it over DCM/DBM. The layout is user friendly and support is great (as long as you hit their minimums...). Our reps with Basis DSP are really helpful and anytime we need help, they're always there when we need them most.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have multiple "tabs" open while starting a new campaign, that way I can quickly & easily reference targeting in a different campaign to ensure I'm not overlapping. I do wish that they had an easier integration into DashThis reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The hands-on training only really kicks in if you hit their monthly minimums. Support is extremely helpful with everything from how-to's and optimization recommendations though! Definitely worth it. I also like that you don't need a separate ad server like DCM (unless you want one)

Display advertising/programmatic. They also have private marketplace offerings, which is an awesome option even though I haven't had the opportunity to utilize it yet.

Basis review by Dallas K.
Dallas K.

"Basis DSP from a Creative Agency"

What do you like best?

Ability to reach and have endless inventory and audiences to reach our targeted audience. Also enjoy having access to our own account rep that helps us each week to better perform our campaigns or help strategize new tactics for new campaigns. PMP deals and connected TV are very desirable and the tactics are exciting to bring to the table for new clients.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of a learning curve to understand and utilize the platform. If you are new, I would suggest starting out with a small campaign and to be hands on, I feel like this is the only way to actually learn and understand.

Audience targeting possibilities, serving ads on thousands of websites that we otherwise wouldn't be on through Adwords, Bing and Facebook.

Basis review by Yuuki O.
Yuuki O.

"Operations and Strategy Coordinator"

What do you like best?

Basis/Centro's staff is extremely friendly , helpful, and eager to help. The platform itself is simple and easy to use and reacts quickly to changes making real-time optimizations more effective. Creatives are also approved relatively fast compared to other DSPs.

What do you dislike?

The UI feels a bit outdated and there is not as much scale as other platforms. It would also be great to see some sort of bulk editing tool in future versions to make optimizations quicker and easier.

Basis DSP is great for any type of campaign whether it be over a short or long period of time. I was introduced to programmatic advertising through Centro/Basis and I've found their webinar series educational and their platform user-friendly and intuitive. The resources along with the platform helped our team create and understand better buying strategies as well as understand new, upcoming industry trends.

Not to mention, historically, it has always delivered strong, promising results when needed.

Basis review by PrissyMissy 2.
PrissyMissy 2.

"Fantastic Platform"

What do you like best?

I've been using different Platforms for over 18 years now and helped develop a few. Centro DSP is robust enough to handle everything I need. The UI is intuitive and the work flow is simple to learn and follow. The system allows me to create audiences and targeting so ALL my campaigns are at peak performance right out of the gate. No guesswork just quality performance and traffic. The support staff has been amazing and I cannot say that about very many companies that offer support. Customer service is alive and well here at Centro. And fast too, did I mention how fast they respond?

What do you dislike?

One user login per company. Not able to edit creative code once it has been uploaded, have to resubmit and rename which get a little bulky. I would also like to see Campaigns as a selection in the left toolbar. And I'd like to be able to Edit reports instead of re-running. Also scheduling them for a daily run and send would be great!

Occasionally I need a larger volume of traffic for a particular client than I normally have access to. I am also bringing my customers top quality traffic and performance has improved ten fold.

Basis review by Matt K.
Matt K.

"A Great Platform!"

What do you like best?

Basis is easy to use and becomes super intuitive after only a few uses. Once a user figures out the basic functionality, it's off to the races for their client campaigns. From campaign customizations to running reports, this system has it all. Not only that, but the team at Centro sets users up for success with their free training sessions. For never having lived in the programmatic world before, these sessions helped bring an instant understanding to a brand new technology for my firm.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I've found that I dislike so far is the user access. At this point we are only allowed one user account for our entire firm. However, it is my understanding that a new functionality will be added soon to have multiple user accounts available.

We were beginning to see a lot of clients interested in digital (programmatic) advertising and we weren't quite sure what solution to bring to the table to solve this problem. Through my research and after a demo, I determined that Basis DSP was the best platform to learn and bring to the table for our new and existing clients looking to get into the programmatic side of advertising.

Basis review by Marc V.
Marc V.

"Great DSP, Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of setting up a campaign, to ensure we are able to reach our goals for our clients.

What do you dislike?

The system can be a bit "buggy" at times, but for the most part none of the issues have been that big of a nuisance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great option to have as a DSP, if you are looking for another channel to place digital advertising. The customer service alone is worth investing into this product, as they have made the process of learning applying this system seamless and very easy.

We are now able to monitor our digital campaigns first hand and pull custom reporting which our clients tend to request. Basis has made this process as easy as possible.

Basis review by Katie K.
Katie K.

"User Friendly and Great Support"

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to use both in the Direct and DSP portion. With not having worked in many platforms like Basis before, this platform is very easy to learn quickly. Service from the Centro team has always been a huge help to our team - we're lucky to have such a great team backing us up.

What do you dislike?

Slow rolling out of new updates. Although it's slow moving, I'm happy with the fact that new updates are constantly coming out and being communicated to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Basis a shot. I think you'll find it to be a very handy platform.

Having one platform to house 99% of our media buys. Being able to RFP, send IOs, pull reporting, etc. has been very helpful.

Basis review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Programmatic For The Little Guy"

What do you like best?

70+ ad networks, 30+ data partners, pinpoint geo-targeting down to 5m. Awesome location based remarketing capabilities through Factual.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve to figure out how to use the system optimally. Luckily Basis provides fantastic training both at setup and on-going to keep us using it like pros.

Also no out of the box customer match type solutions. Have to use a 3rd party vendor which incurs additional costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basis DSP is the best way to access programmatic display at a SMB friendly spend level.

We work with a lot of local businesses who don't have the budgets to support the minimum spends of most ad networks. With Basis DSP the minimum spends are much more palatable for local ad spends which have allowed us to offer programmatic display campaigns that really take advantage of today's data-driven landscape.

Basis review by User

"My experience with Basis by Centro"

What do you like best?

The platform is very user friendly. Being new to the programmatic space, both the platform as well as the customer support I've received from Michael Sammut, Chris Timmins and Matt Basil has been amazing. They go above and beyond to make sure I have the tools needed to be successful. The insights reporting tool has been beneficial because we have to provide reports to our members as well as board members. With this tool, Im able to provide a high level view of the campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't really been anything I dislike. If I come across issues/questions about the platform, the team mentioned above has walked me through the problem and has provided a detailed explanation on how to avoid or prevent the issue from occurring again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be so happy you chose Basis! The customer support is phenomenal and the platform is very user friendly! There are so many reporting tools you can use to show campaign performance.

One problem we are solving with Basis is giving our smaller members the opportunity to advertise digitally. Because they have minimal budgets and do not have the staff to do this, we as an organization can send traffic directly to their websites to increase business/sales through digital ads.

Basis review by Timothy W.
Timothy W.

"Solid DSP"

What do you like best?

Far and away the best feature of Basis DSP is the support. The Centro team has been instrumental in training my sales teams on Programmatic Advertising. They've also been very receptive to our feedback and feature requests.

What do you dislike?

The UI is clunky and outdated. There are also issues pulling reports over any length of time. We've had to contact them directly to get lifetime reports for some of our longer campaigns (<1 year flights). Maybe I'm just spoiled by a decade of DFP, but there's a lot of reporting metrics that just aren't available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence. Basis is a great basic DSP but it may not be right for you if you have deep reporting needs.

We use Basis DSP for our Programmatic product line as well as for some internal marketing initiatives.

Basis review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Digital Media Coordinator"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ease of use, we are only utilizing the self-serve platform but everything is fairly straight forward and there is plenty of metrics you can apply to dig deeper if desired.

What do you dislike?

Maybe mike the layout a little more inviting, it does seem a bit out dated as far as view-ability. But this is more of a cosmetic change, everything we use it for is very ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give this product a try, we have seen quality results while not using a big chunk of our spend.

We have actually driven a few checkouts which is one of our primary KPI. As compared to other partners and the amount of effort and time we are putting in with them, Centro is outperforming them while requiring less of our time to dedicate to it.

Basis review by Agency
Agency

"Has great potential, but just not up to par yet"

What do you like best?

The reporting feature is pretty great in that I'm able to see the data for all of our individual moving parts at a glance. Being able to have everything living within one platform has great potential. I also like the different ways we can utilize Basis' targeting and the multiple ways we can upload custom lists for matching. Keeping in mind brand safety is also something that I don't think we considered, so that was also a neat feature that greatly improved our awareness of where things are ending up on the internet.

What do you dislike?

While having all the data in one place has been beneficial, I almost always find discrepancies in numbers as I compare Basis' platform with direct reports pulled from various vendors, to the point where I just work from direct reports from vendors now. I also find the reporting on Basis' DSP performance to be really redundant, and would love a way to narrow down reports to only give me what metrics I need - otherwise I'm spending unnecessary time wading through a giant report.

Also, love the bulk ad upload, but I'd definitely recommend making it easier to locate and easier to navigate. All in all, Basis could definitely be more user friendly - and user intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basis has a lot of great features - and has a lot of potential for sure. With a little fine-tuning, it can definitely become a bonafide digital marketing tool for ad agencies and people of all types of industry. It worked best when we had a clear mission and a clear project in mind.

Again, having all of our budget and spend in one digital platform is great.

Basis review by Adriana G.
Adriana G.

"Easy to Set-Up, Easy to optimize"

What do you like best?

I like that their user interface is easy to use, the platform takes you through all the set-up step by step defining all your marketing targets for your campaigns. You can also check the avg CPM on the inventory list and filter to your marketing requirements. Also, the platform optimize based on your requirements and you can also do some changes manually if you would like to, but so far, my campaigns run smoothly thanks to this.

What do you dislike?

I don't use the private marketplace as much as I would like to. I would like to know more about the premium publishers inventory and audiences.

Time management, usually after a campaign has started you have a few weeks before start optimizing, but with Basis I have more time thinking about strategies than optimizing thanks to their optimization tools, I just decide which KPIs I want my campaigns to be optimized based on and the platform works along very well.

Basis review by Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.

"Generally very pleased with performance"

What do you like best?

The insights and reporting tools make pulling information so convenient! Also, Jeff Poteracki, our Customer Success Manager was fantastic to work with. He was consistently available, able to answer almost all of our questions, and knew how to find the answers he didn't know off hand. Extremely friendly and made using Basis much easier.

What do you dislike?

The various selects through the ad process. As in, having to select the same multiple pieces every time I want to target a specific audience, like Democrats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making the user experience a little easier with a couple of options:

1) Adding saved selects for audiences so you don't have to select through every time

2) Having saved brand safety selects (we will always want the same general selections and it would be great to not have to click them every time).

3) More political data providers like PDI and Catalist.

Having all of our business intelligence in one place for institutional knowledge

Basis review by Tanner V.
Tanner V.

"Great support and partnership from a great DSP"

What do you like best?

The consistent willingness to lend support when there is an issue or even if there isn't. The support team is always proactive and are excellent at execution. Along with the ability to provide feedback regarding the platform or specific items that our team may need.

What do you dislike?

The platform itself could use some minor tweaks but is overall a great user experience. I think the only thing lacking as of now is the customization of the reporting abilities, which has been noted to our Basis support team and I'm sure will be implemented sooner than later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basis is a great tool to easily manage all types of digital media, no matter the application of use or complexity. Compared to other DSPs in my experience, Basis has been the most user-friendly and easily digestible platform I've used.

Drive positive ROI for our clients while staying innovative to stay on top of the market. As well as adapting to complex tracking and matchback processes.

Basis review by Bill R.
Bill R.

"Solid advertising platform"

What do you like best?

After years of managed buying, we launched Basis this year to get better control over our clients buys. We were able to get up and running very quickly and, with some hiccups along the way, we were able to better plan, report and optimize our clients buys during this election cycle then we have ever been able to in the past. In fact on the few campaigns we still ran as managed buys elsewhere we got grief from the partners because we weren't able to offer them the in depth reporting that we were producing for the buys we were managing through Basis.

Centro's customer service is also excellent. They always responded quickly and had real solutions to whatever our questions or problems were.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many issues with the Basis. The software has some quirks and bugs, but their support team has worked through many of the bugs we've encountered and already put others on the development roadmap.

Some of my staff have had issues picking up how the platform works. But that isn't a problem only with Basis. Running complex digital ad buys is, well, complex. They've done as good a job as possible - especially at the price point - to build out a robust tool that has allowed us to launch campaigns within hours. As opposed to the days it used to take.

We were looking for a tool that allowed us to launch and optimize our clients campaigns quickly and efficiently. We also wanted a tool that allowed us to track program metrics in one place and quickly optimize campaigns and build out reports. Basis has allowed us to do all of this.

Basis review by Alexis F.
Alexis F.

"Comprehensive platform, excellent customer service, great ease of use."

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to navigate and offers all of the tools we need to set up and execute successful campaigns.

What do you dislike?

We would like more of an ability to utilize a tracking system to account for hyper local conversions; for instance, if a user is served an ad and they then proceed into the store, we would be able to see that they entered the "conversion zone" and provide reporting on how many of the users that were served ads entered this zone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use, excellent customer service, brand safety, and overall campaign transparency & effectiveness are huge factors in choosing a dsp; Basis excels with each.

We are able to provide our customers with a scalable range of data targeting options & inventory while ensuring that brand safety is in place, and we have the ability to provide fully transparent reporting on site placements, devices, and performance data.

Basis review by Rana C.
Rana C.

"I find the DSP easy to use with a few more areas in which it could improve"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily optimize campaigns based on what you can see.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't put start and end dates on creatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The BasisDSP with Centro is an easy way to become a part of the audience extension experience. The product is easy to use even though there are a few campaigns that take extra long steps - such as custom factuals. The creative is generally easy to add but it would be nice to be able to place start and end dates on it for if it ends and needs to be replaced when I am out of office.

It gives us the unique ability to sell audience extension while keeping the optimization of campaigns in-house, close to the advertiser.

Basis review by Irina A.
Irina A.

"Centro goes above and beyond for their clients"

What do you like best?

I think the support they provide is stellar. We had bad history with other vendors, so it was very refreshing to have someone holding your hand through every step of campaign set up, training, optimizations and more. Michael Sammut has become a part of the mdg team and he has definitely exceeded our expectations. Not only he provided amazing training and insights, but he was reaching out to us on a regular "Basis" to inform us if something was wrong with our campaigns. His timely responses, his support, and his willingness to go above and beyond has made our Basis experience exceptional.

What do you dislike?

The platform itself is a bit intimidating at first. It is not super user-friendly and takes time to get used to. Budget set up is a bit confusing since there are so many levels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bsis is a great DSP platform that allow extensive targeting, budget flexibility and data insights.

We do events and association marketing, so we are always looking for new attendees. Basis (and their partners) provide great targeting opportunities.

Basis review by Caiti G.
Caiti G.

"Basis Review"

What do you like best?

Not only do I love all of the things you are able to do with Basis, but also the customer service. Every time we have a call with Centro, specifically our customer success manager Michael Sammut, we learn something new. Our team always gets super excited to test all of the new things we have learned. We just started using the platform in June and are now starting to use some of the many partners that Centro has, including PushSpring, TripleLift and ShareThrough. The opportunities with Basis are really endless compared to other platforms. This is my first job and this was one of the first platforms that I learned about when I got here. I've really loved being able to grow professionally, but also be able to learn about such a great platform for my industry. Our customer success manager is also the best! He is SUPER responsive. If we ever have a question about the platform, we know we are going to be getting a thorough answer from him quickly.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure there is anything that I dislike, but the platform did take some time to learn and get used to. After building out a few campaigns on there, I feel more comfortable, but I think taking the Centro Certification will help me feel even better about using Basis and being able to help my coworkers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We highly recommend our clients use Basis for their retargeting and display campaigns!

We have struggled with display ads lately and Basis has helped us tremendously! We are getting so much more out of Basis than we ever could have imagined. Our results for display have improved and all around we are much happier.

Basis review by Rachel M.
Rachel M.

"Top Notch Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The customer service through Centro is top notch, from sales to direct contacts the whole process of working with them has been extremely pleasant, they are happy to take them time to teach the platform and ensure that we truly understand it so we don't feel left out in the cold if we ever get stuck.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be glitchy and difficult to use on occasion, making the day-to-day work more tedious than necessary, however, the customer support is great at helping us to work through any issues and the ongoing training has been incredibly useful.

Clients needed a better value from their DSP and wanted to see improved performance overall compared to the DSP they were currently using, so we turned to Basis. We've seen an increased value, not only for our clients performance, but also internally for ourselves through the ease of use and ongoing support.

Basis review by Joey F.
Joey F.

"Digital Sales Planning & Advertising Operations Specialist"

What do you like best?

I love the algorithmic optimization feature. Being that I optimize organically on a daily basis, this optimization feature is such an added bonus.

What do you dislike?

Reporting can definitely be buttoned up. It would be great to consolidate all reporting metrics to one "pull." For example, I have to pull separate reports in order to obtain geo performance, device performance, data segment performance & ad size performance. I would love to pull of this data from just 1 report request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a phenomenal resource for Audience Extension and a support team that rivals the absolute best in the industry,

We are now able to build Contextual campaigns & Hyper-Local Campaign. Before Basis DSP, we had to turn down RFPs that specifically requested Contextual and GeoFencing campaigns.

Basis review by Lisa W.
Lisa W.

"Most Helpful Team by Far"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Basis DSP is definitely the huge amount of support I know that I will have from them. From a small "where do I find this button?" question, to strategic support and resources for pitching new business, my questions are answered quickly and thoroughly every time.

What do you dislike?

There are some small fiddly things that can cause day-to-day annoyance. There's no way to include 3rd Party CPM charges, so daily budgeting involves more calculations on my end than I would prefer. And while I can set up dayparting, tactic start/end dates are only scheduled by day, not time.

Basis DSP gives me a great overview of all digital tactics I have running across many different clients, which keeps me organized and prevents anything from falling through the cracks.

Basis review by Liz D.
Liz D.

"Easy to Use Product with Competent Team"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use and relatively straight forward with the use of hierarchy for campaign structure. We love working with our Customer Success Manager, as she seems to always have an idea or solution for the types of campaigns we're running. Whenever I've had an issue, the Support team always responds quickly to my request and 99% of the time comes to a fast solution.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tools could be more robust. There are so many factors we're laying into campaigns - from audience or contextual targets, to PMPs, etc. I wish there were more customizable elements to the reports.

We've been able to streamline all of our programmatic buying in one platform, with more transparency and budget flexibility than using a managed service.

Basis review by Marina P.
Marina P.

"Easy to use and amazing customer service/account management."

What do you like best?

I couldn't begin to use the tool without our amazing customer success manager, Kallie. She is so helpful and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything negative to say. The only reason that we would stop the service is because we need something a little more full service and less hands on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to learn a lot! And take some time to review all of the learning materials provided by the support teams.

We are just getting our toes wet in digital display ads and retargeting ads. It is a current gap in our sales process. We have received a handful of enrollments through our retargeting ads and have learned so much about the digital ad space going through the process.

Basis review by Michelle R.
Michelle R.

"Using Basis"

What do you like best?

I think that it's a really easy platform to navigate and understand as I am new to programmatic display buying.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features I know other platforms offer that Basis doesn't which would be great. Scheduling ads would be nice and more of a mainstream way to optimize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really great tool to use and it's easy to navigate. There are other platforms that are more advanced with the things you can do than Basis but their customer service is really great so whenever we have questions or concerns about a campaign, we know someone will help ASAP. To us, that's more important then other features.

We were able to bring programmatic display in-house with this platform so we don't have to pay the fees of using a vendor for our client's needs.

Basis review by Joanna D.
Joanna D.

"Easy to use set of tools delivered by an amazing team"

What do you like best?

Our experience using Centro has taken us through many ups and downs, but overall the difference is in the support given to us by the excellent team at Centro. There is a level of service and caring about customers not seen with competitors. The platform has also improved and changed a lot over the past couple of years, and it seems that with each new iteration there are more and better tools for me to control my own fate as a media buyer.

What do you dislike?

We have a unique business model and likely some of the challenges we face would not be shared by other agencies, but one of the most important qualities in a DSP for us is massive scale over relatively short periods of time. Centro has struggled to deliver that to us in the past, to the point where it was our "backup" dsp in case of emergency. However, I am pleased to say that there have been positive changes recently in this respect, and I am noticing much more available scale when running during the last few campaigns.

Centro is the vehicle we use to match live content with potential audience, and it's safe to say that our business relies completely on the technology of a dsp to match content with audiences and drive ROI for our customers. So it's pretty integral for us.

Basis review by User

"Centro is a great media buying tool"

What do you like best?

Mostly the newest optimization tool, its very helpful and frees up a bit of my time. Also the support team gets back to me relatively quickly when in need of assistance.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything, my biggest issues when first setting up campaigns would be the campaigns would all be turned on and the group wasn't or vice versa and it didn't have a little pop up that notified me they didn't match. Same things for if the dates didn't match. It would solve minor user errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe using fresh audience segments or being transparent about who exactly is in the segment or how old the data is would be helpful. If links are broken a pop up should say if that is possible. There are always little things, when you are a user and running 20 or 30 of these, little helpful reminders make the world or problem catchers help me since I make a lot of mistakes :)

targeting exactly who they need. Benefits would be the impressions aren't just blasted out to everyone.

Basis review by Eduardo R.
Eduardo R.

"Simple and effective, very intuitive UI"

What do you like best?

The platform UI is very clean, well organized menus and very intuitive. After a few campaigns, you can understand mainly most of its capabilities. Personally, the integration of the third party data is essential and this platform performances very nice. Finally, the business executive (customer success manager) assigned to our account is such a great guy, he help us a lot , he organices quarterly meetings to follow up our advances and regularly he send us information, invitations, etc.

What do you dislike?

There's once thing to improve, the reporting. Reports are pretty basic and sometimes it's necessary more granulate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like I said previously, they should work on the reporting.

Basically, to buy good online presences.

Basis review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Media Planner Using The Greatest DSP Ever!"

What do you like best?

I like how clean the user interface is. The search function makes it easy to find groups and campaigns. It is easy to train others on the team with how the hierarchy has been set up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how when I copy an old group, that it keeps the previous start and end dates in the copied campaigns. It would be great to have those updated as well, but the bulk edit feature comes in handy. I also dislike how we cannot set up for creatives to start and stop. We have issues with our customers who have ads that start or end on weekends and we do not access the system on those days so we have to either wait until Monday or have something start late on Friday.

Using the DSP as self serve allows for myself and my teammate to make minor and major optimizations ourselves rather than waiting on someone else to do. Being in it everyday allows for me to see what is performing, what tactics are more expensive or least expensive and where to allocate the money for our customers to give them the best results possible!

Basis review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"Ever Evolving Platform with Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Basis DSP includes the ability to do just about anything in the Programmatic landscape. The UI is intuitive and relatively easy to use. Great control over Sites, Exchanges, and Brand Protection. Bulk uploads and Creative management across brands is extremely helpful. The customer service is top notch, they really treat you as a member of the team. Feature requests are not ignored.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more pacing controls and pacing reporting on a campaign level. The features are being rolled out soon, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Allows us an efficient and easy way to run Programmatic display campaigns across all devices.

Basis review by User

"Great service, fair product"

What do you like best?

Customer support is responsive and friendly.

What do you dislike?

The Basis DSP can be slow at times, especially when working with audience segments. Once you reach a large number of audience segments it can take a long time to process changes on that tab. The audiences tab could use the ability to setup presets as well. Basically, the audience tab needs to be rebuilt with usability in mind.

Need to be able to batch edit creative names much like you can campaign names.

Also would love to have the ability to set start/end dates/times for creatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am new to the Programmatic buying world so my knowledge of other DSPs is low. I would like to see what other DSPs have to offer before I can recommend Basis DSP.

Able to have complete control over our Programmatic buying.

Basis review by Will B.
Will B.

"Basis Provides Everything We Need"

What do you like best?

Optimizations and Support from our Rep.

What do you dislike?

The inability to bulk edit links on ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you work in the platform for a little bit, Basis should become an essential tool in your marketing strategy.

With Basis, we have the ability to offer our clients a number of tactics. We can walk into initial meetings and have 5 different plans for them to review. The optimization capabilities of Basis is also fantastic and it allows for us to do more than just set it and forget it, we can actually influence the results based on our KPI really easily.

Basis review by Alicia R.
Alicia R.

"Basis DSP - Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Upload bulk creative function, a lot of other DSPs don't give you the option to do it yourself and put you through a long process of filling out excel sheets. I really like that I have a lot of control over sites placements, and it's easy to pull a reports for what I need, even if its' last minute. Also, the customer service is amazing, anything we need help with the team is there to help, and they are always open to suggestions and feedback.

What do you dislike?

Lots of lag, sometimes it takes a while to load and save. When doing a bulk upload of creative and multiple ads are not accepted, it only shows one individual ad rather than the multiple that might have issues.

Using Basis as a self serve has given us the option to test out multiple things and see changes/shut off low performing tactics with ease. We frequently optimize to not just one primary conversions, but multiple, and it has allowed us to do that. I wouldn't want to use any other DSP.

Basis review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Support has been fantastic and the platform has what we need to be successful. "

What do you like best?

The support that accompanies this platform is really what makes it a successful arm of our business. Our main contact at Basis takes initiative in jumping into Basis and proactively making optimization suggestions for us to be successful which is extremely helpful. She constantly makes herself available to us when we need help.

As for the platform, we are able to get access to the inventory we need for our campaigns with the ability to test different audiences and inventory to make our campaigns most successful. Being able to pull the levers ourselves on campaigns and to know exactly what is successful for our clients is highly valuable.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects of the interface are still cumbersome to try to figure out and it just takes some time in the platform to understand some of the different ins and outs to make a campaign successful. For instance, bulk changes are difficult. As a team, we are still figuring out how to be more advanced in the platform, while it's basic and rather easy to understand, there is still a lot we have to learn in terms of advanced buying in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a product with a fantastic support team, Basis is definitely the product for you. We knew that we would need the support to get our first campaigns live with confidence and the basis team definitely provided that for us. While we are still learning how best to optimize campaigns and tap into different inventory, we are confident that Basis can provide this for our client's needs.

We are using the platform to buy smarter inventory on behalf of our clients and it's giving us more transparency into our campaigns and performance.

Basis review by User

"Basis is an intuitive platform to make planning and buying digital seemless"

What do you like best?

Basis keeps all correspondence with publishers in one place, eliminating the need for email and Basis. It is easy to add clients, pub contacts and collaborators. I loved the trafficking workbook and upload to Google - makes that process extremely simple.

What do you dislike?

Inability to customize easily - columns when I download a plan, ad serving pricing (CPM/flat), adding internal users to the RFP process. I'm working with my customer success manager to put in ticket requests for this information. Not a dislike but I wish the dashboard would highlight more things about a plan (such as proposals received, IOs received, IOs waiting ect.) which would be helpful when we're managing 10-20 campaigns at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basis is an intuitive tool that allows you to communicate with publishers, plan and buy your digital all in one place.

Before Basis we used a tool developed for print buys and it was brutal to say the least. Basis allows us to speak to publishers in their language and make the planning and buying process easier for everyone involved. The fact that we also have direct access to a platform consultant, in addition to the Basis Helpdesk, has made the transition easier as they have been amazing.

Basis review by Christopher P.
Christopher P.

"Easy - Solid Platform with Great Customer Support."

What do you like best?

Their support from our Customer Success Manager is top notch! Always giving us the latest trends in the industry and whenever we have an issue, she responds very quickly and with solutions.

What do you dislike?

Great platform - however I consider myself a "power user" of most tools so when I can't bulk upload/update a large quantity of ads, it slows me down. Although they do have some bulk features, if you work with thousands of ads, this can be a challenge.

Driving qualified traffic to our site for purchase and/or brand awareness campaigns.

Basis review by Administrator

"Political/Issues campaigns with Basis"

What do you like best?

Basis has put a lot of time and effort into understanding the needs of political campaigns. That effort has really paid off with features such as Political Priority for ad reviews, top-notch third party data for targeting and a team that of experts to unravel self-inflicted glitches at the speed of light.

What do you dislike?

While I don't truly dislike Centro's reporting, it would be nice if it was a bit more robust and customizable. But they're always working on improvements, so I anticipate this being one area they will upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend the Basis team. A lot of businesses offer similar services, but no one has a team of professionals like Basis. It's about people, not tech.

Using Centro's DSP, we're able to fine tune our campaigns quickly and provide our clients with true insight about the nuts and bolts of digital ads for their purposes,

Basis review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"Great results for clients and easier to use every day"

What do you like best?

results for clients, and real time tracking

What do you dislike?

a few weird features, like not being able to clear out old tactics that have completed within a group. The movement between overview and analytics is clumsy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great support and feedback from team and improved our clients digital success by at least 50%

Much clearer understanding of what creative engages clients, great retargeting abilities and much better digital results for all clients

"Centro DSP"

What do you like best?

I liked learning how to optimize campaigns with the different methods that Basis offers, and which strategies were best for certain types of campaigns, and I also liked learning about the data segments that partner with Centro and how they benefit different types of campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much that I disliked, the only thing that I wish we had was more interaction with the platform itself during the certification. ex. creating campaigns

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform is available to be used on any level, no matter if you are a beginner in digital marketing or an expert, it is easy to use for all learning levels.

The thing that has benefited us most with using Basis is being able to select the websites we want our customers ads to be served on, while also being able to exclude the sites that do not perform well for our customers.

Basis review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"The Gift that keeps on Giving"

What do you like best?

Basis/Sitescout have a lot of options/features that most DSP's don't have.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features, I feel like an ape at the controls of the Falcon 9.

As much as I use the platform, I'm probably missing out on the advanced expert capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to have a basic (haha) understanding of programmatic to use Basis.

BUT Support is an email or phone call away.

They may have the BEST customer support in. the. industry.

(And that is saying a LOT!)

I currently use Basis for client acquisition.

Client acquisition makes me money.

I like money, therefore Basis is my friend.

(with benefits.)

Basis review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Ease of use and great support staff! "

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the platform is great. I've worked in other DSP's and Centro/Basis is one of the easiest to use. Their mulit-update feature and bulk creative upload are great. I work with Matt Kershaw, Alyssa Hamm, and Mike Smith. They are an excellent support staff and have been nothing, but helpful when it has comes to any questions I may have.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything I dislike about this platform.

n/a

Basis review by Agency
Agency

"Finally in control!"

What do you like best?

Having control and flexibility of our campaigns has been the best part of switching to Basis DSP. No more email back and forth to get creatives switched out, targeting changes or reports.

What do you dislike?

Some reporting takes longer to run than expected, but being able to pull the data you need whenever you want it is better than waiting days for someone else to email it to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to work your Business Success Manager. Developing that relationship will help you learn how to use and setup campaigns in DSP faster and more efficently. Ours has provided insights and suggestions that helped our campaigns along the way.

Being able to run media has created opportunity for our clients that they had to go elsewhere for or hadn't considered yet. We are able to look at targeting options to pitch creative media plans and excute them quickly,

Learn more about Basis

Basis Downloads

Learning about Basis?

* We monitor all Basis reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.