BBEdit

BBEdit is a professional HTML and text editor for Macintosh that provides features for editing, searching, and minipulation of text for web authors and software developers.

Work for BBEdit?

Learning about BBEdit?

BBEdit Reviews

Ask BBEdit a Question
Showing 37 BBEdit reviews
BBEdit review by John K.
John K.

"Use BBEdit every day"

What do you like best?

Been using BBEdit almost 20 years. Ease of use, color coding on the code, where you can collapse blocks of code based on brackets, the elegant interface. The built in FTP client. It works on Mac. There are other editors available, however, this one is an old favorite.

What do you dislike?

Only thing I don't like about BBEdit is the lack of where the editor guesses what you are trying to write in the code, and completes the brackets. However, that could be lack of understanding how to use the software. Also do not like the delays on the built in FTP client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It is a tried and true editor.

It's a tried and true reliable code editor.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BBEdit
BBEdit review by Nicole D.
Nicole D.

"BBEdit is great for HTML source code review and organization"

What do you like best?

This is a great text editor & GUI editor. It's pretty straight forward—not a lot of bells and whistles which makes it simple to use, and it's well organized. The syntax coloring makes it very easy to review, proof, and edit source code. The find and replace tool is also a big help.

I use it in conjunction with other HTML building software (like Dreamweaver or Bee Pro), as it helps me to see the code & any errors therein more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about this software. This isn't a complex tool. It does the basics but not much more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to anyone who needs a simple, straightforward text or GUI editor. It's a great tool to use for collaborative projects or to just help you organize your codes / scripts.

I use this a lot when creating tutorials or instructions when I'm collaborating on bigger projects. I can highlight information and include line numbers and notes within the code, allowing third parties to quickly identify lines in which they need to replace text or scripts.

What Text Editor solution do you use?

BBEdit review by Laurel S.
Laurel S.

"The best for text editing - light, fast, powerful"

What do you like best?

Easy, intuitive interface, with so many ways to customize the experience. It's super light, taking up very little memory, and lightning fast when working on huge text documents. I love the color coding of HTML code - makes editing very easy. Love that you can have multiple tabs open at once and switch between documents easily, and best of all, the documents all autosave while you're working on them.

What do you dislike?

To use the most powerful features, like grep, you need to learn a little UNIX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best no-nonsense text editor, as long as you don't need formatting. It is the only choice for working with huge text docs. Really really useful for editing HTML by hand - the color coding of HTML code is tremendously helpful.

Needed a light, powerful text editor that was easy to use and wasn't expensive. BBedit has improved productivity and made possible many kinds of text processing that are just not possible with Word. I use it every day - it's made text editing so much easier.

BBEdit review by Eric J.
Eric J.

"Simply the best text editor around"

What do you like best?

BBEdit does everything I want from a text editor. Git integration, text sorting, a powerful regex engine, and a hundred more features I can't think of right now. Their support is top-notch and I've even gotten custom patches written for non-critical bugs that affected my workflow prior to their general release.

What do you dislike?

I have two main issues with BBEdit. One, it's only on MAC so if I have to work in a different environment I have to use some other text editor. Two, it still lacks the split screen support introduced with OSX El Capitan.

I'm a developer and I live in my editors. Getting the tools that I need working in a reliable and consistent fashion is critical for my workflow. BBEdit has every tool I need from a text editor and without it my productivity would suffer.

BBEdit review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"Powerful code editor that you can start using right away"

What do you like best?

BBEdit (and even it's free sibling Textwrangler) are easy to use code/text editors with a lot of power under the hood. I use some newer editors like Sublime Text and Atom as well, but I always come back to BBEdit for daily code editing. It's quick to start up and doesn't have any clutter in the way.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use a modern facelift to compete with apps like Atom, but that's just a nitpick. It does the job and does it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free Textwrangler first or download the BBEdit trial to see if this meets your needs. If you just need a basic code/text editor but may want to explore advanced features later, this is a good bet.

I work on multiple projects throughout the day as well as smaller one-off tasks. BBEdit is great for the latter as it allows me to complete updates or examine files quickly and without the need to create a project or add metadata to a folder.

BBEdit review by Reggie B.
Reggie B.

"Call Me a BBEdit Evangelist"

What do you like best?

What do I like best? Oh my gosh, we'll be here all day! BBEdit is absolutely LOADED and there is simply no other text editor for the Macintosh that can compare. There's not even a runner-up. As a web developer on a Macintosh, its BBEdit or nothing. Combine this with Fetch and you've got an FTP and editing solution that is easy to use and has all of the "bells-and-whistles" you need. Color coding, supports all standards, syntax checking, close current tag commands - I mean, BBEdit has it all.

What do you dislike?

Dislike? About BBEdit? Now that's funny! LOL! There is nothing to dislike about BBEdit. I've used it OVER 8 years and I've never had an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was about to say, "for the price you cannot beat BBEdit" but you cannot beat BBEdit at ANY price. It is ridiculously inexpensive, and there is simply not a better text editor on the market for Macintosh than BBEdit. In fact, I feel somewhat bad just calling it a "text editor", as it is so much more than that. I have not even tapped into all that is available in this robust but easy to use program.

The most common way I use BBEdit is to FTP up to the site using Fetch and then if a file needs to be modified, I'll click "edit file" which opens BBEdit. Then I'll do all of my code modifications there, click save and it is immediately saved to the server. Simple, quick, done! No mess, no fuss.

BBEdit review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Still my go-to for html editing"

What do you like best?

BBEdit has been my go-to HTML editor for years, and it still remains my first choice. It's just text - no fancy design options but gets the job done when it comes to simple (and not so simple) html and text editing.

What do you dislike?

They had changed the palettes over the years and I liked them better when they were more straightforward (at least to me) in providing quick access to common tags. The latest version (12) has returned some of what I missed back to the interface so I'm happy about that.

I support several websites that require HTML editing. BBEdit is the tool I always use for basic edits (and sometimes not so basic).

BBEdit review by Darma K.
Darma K.

"Powerful Text Editor for Web Development"

What do you like best?

Built in markdown support is a very good feature, you can enter a formatting trigger in you text that can changes into valid HTML. It has Plain UI but powerful features, BBEdit for mac is minimalist text editor, but i get used to plain ui by using Vim before.

Feature to search and replace is the best feature yet, automatic indentation, custom colors for function and operators, word autocomplete, code commenting, not onlu for syntaxes but also for regular dictionary words.

Other than HTML text editor also support variety of programming language, like HTML, C++, Java, JavaScript, Objective-C, PHP, Python, Ruby, and SQL..

What do you dislike?

This is paid software. It comes to individual cost $49 . If i compare with sublime text that has similiar feature, sublime text still more expensive. So its a fair price i think, but i prefer a free text editor.

In a new editor a CVS features is removed, i dont know why but CVS feature is one of BBedit powerful feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for good text editor and okay with the price BBEdit is a good shot. Staying strong as a text editor for Mac since 1993, you got some good reputation and in a good hands.

Fast code writing for messy HTML, simple coding automatic word completion and identation. It really help me when i stumble upon a HTML development.

BBEdit review by Frank M.
Frank M.

"Best Mac editor"

What do you like best?

Most developers using a Mac will sooner or later meet this editor. It is a powerful and extendable coding platform. The editor provides many configuration options and syntax highlighting, as well as the integration of scripts, clippings, and version control systems. External packages allow to add more functionality. I've developed two for the programming languages Google Go and Pony in AppleScript, but other script languages are possible too.

The navigation inside projects, structures, markers, files in a folder, and includes is powerful. Also the usage of selections for navigation is simple. The search and replace in very large projects is extreme fast. Beside standard searches regular expressions are possible too, also the saving of searches and the files they are working on. This way the searches can be repeated if needed.

The scratchpad for little notes and the unix worksheet as internal shell help a lot.

What do you dislike?

The UX is a bit old-fashioned, here you see the age of the editor. But as with many other editors too it's simply during the first time. Then you'll see that the editor is a powerful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try TextWrangler, the free little brother by Bare Bones, first. It will help you during evaluation. Additionally the web site contains a tour and screencasts.

Professional and private software development in multiple languages, often without leaving the editor as environment. BBEdit allows to quickly navigate through even very large projects - in my case a cloud provisioning software implemented in Google Go - and run builds and unit tests with direct feedback from inside the editor.

BBEdit review by Sean S.
Sean S.

"Great Mac Editor"

What do you like best?

BBEdit is my go-to GUI text editor. It has a simple layout and can be customized for whatever type of coding you use.

It automatically saves content so you don't have to worry about losing data. I set it to back up to a Dropbox account so my documents are always available on all of my devices.

The search and replace features are pretty powerful. I appreciate that there's a keyboard shortcut for pretty much anything I need to do. It's a GUI version of vi.

What do you dislike?

When you create a new document, it's listed as "Untitled n" (n a number). I do a lot of scratchpad work, so I often have a lot of documents open.

If I close BBEdit (without saving, it can be set up to restore your documents) I would hope that everything would be brought back in oder, but BBEdit restores your unsaved documents somewhat based on when they were last used. I'd prefer an option to restore them in alphanumeric order.

It would also be nice to have column-based copy/paste.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. If you want a full-featured text editor that lets you keep your hands on the keyboard, rather than using a mouse to navigate, this is your tool.

I use BBEdit for coding database/SQL scripts and Oracle PL/SQL. I don't use the markup features too extensively. I appreciate that it's simple and easy to use. I don't need fancy screens, just a useful interface that's customizable and straightforward.

I'm not a fan of the build in Mac text editor. BBEdit lets me have multiple document open at once so I can work on many documents within a single window. It has a lot of flexibility when it comes to displaying documents (multiple windows, diffs, fonts, etc).

BBEdit review by Nathan M.
Nathan M.

"The best text editor for any platform, and my go-to editor for 24 years."

What do you like best?

BBEdit has been the best tool for text editing since my senior year of high school, when I began using it on my Mac IIsi. I now use it on an 8-core Mac Pro, and it is the same simple, powerful tool, only grown more powerful with the years.

Simple GUI, extremely fast even when editing enormous files, GREP support (including complex GREP looping etc.), stellar context highlighting, fantastic syntax checking...

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It's as close to a perfect piece of software as I've ever used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best text editor on the market, and has been for more than two decades. It's a masterpiece of simplicity and power, has launched in the blink of an eye since 1992, and I have never seen any operation take more than a few seconds. It's got excellent support for extended GREP and context highlighting, does versioning and has built-in remote filesystem access, and hundreds of other features I have barely touched on.

Editing database dumps and configuration files, doing mass search and replace operations in large text files, searching large log files, checking for differences between versions of files.

BBEdit review by Nicklas d.
Nicklas d.

"The first thing I put on any new Mac I get my hands on"

What do you like best?

BBEdit has a manual that's over 300 pages long, and I've read it more than once. It's an extraordinarily well documented piece of software, and at the same time, it's a text editor that you can just start typing into. The other stuff, the things that need a manual, is the amazing range of options for searching and manipulating files and text. You can search using regular expressions, you can search a file, a project or your entire drive, it's fast, it's stable, and it's superbly reliable. If you ever need to open a several megabyte text file and perform a find / replace or do a diff on files and folders, or do any text manipulation you can think of, there's little competition. Well, there's Vim.

What do you dislike?

My main gripe is that you can't have a split window with two (or more) files like you can in many other editors, instead, each file occupies its own window. Tiling and positioning these is easy though, but I miss the two-in-one views.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be put off by the old school interface. It's extraordinarily powerful, and really great.

BBEdit is great for writing any kind of code or markup, but it also works remarkably well for writing prose.

BBEdit review by Arran C.
Arran C.

"It really doesn't suck"

What do you like best?

BBEdit has a super clean interface, support for custom languages, all the line editing, column width, margin options you'll ever need in a code editor.

I've been using BBEdit for 8 years, and it's served me well for projects in PHP, Perl, C, Unlang, HTML, JSON everything. It's nice to have a single Semi-IDE which handles everything I can throw at it.

It also support ctags which enables project wide function/variable/include autocompletion for C, which is extraordinarily useful for large projects, and makes it almost as productive as a full IDE.

What do you dislike?

Where BBEdit fails, is semantic search/replace and refactoring. You really need an editor which understands the language you're editing to be able to do that right, and BBEdit has no framework in place for this.

BBEdit have switched to the semi-subscription model of licensing, where they'll release a new major version every few years, and then get you to pay an upgrade fee to stay on a supported version.

Unfortunately the features they add with major versions really don't justify the upgrade fee.

Support from the BBEdit team has been patchy, sometimes they're brilliant, sometimes they just ignore your bug reports. Bugs that I reported in BBEdit 10 are still present in BBEdit 11 (that's a fair few years for a bug to unfixed).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around and see if editors/IDEs meet your requirements.

If you're a jack of multiple trades (languages) then BBEdit is a good base editor, that offers some advanced language features, just don't expect it to do everything.

I contribute a significant amount of code to open source projects.

I'm primarily a software engineer, but handle documentation, and gap analysis too.

The main benefits are having a single unified interface that works pretty well, for all the different languages that may get used in a project, that's a big win in terms of productivity.

BBEdit review by Patrick W.
Patrick W.

"Been using it for years. Love it."

What do you like best?

I like the speed and search-replace functionality for easily editing code and making fast changes to large files.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, its a little hard to keep track of files that are open remotely, but thats a minor issue. Mostly you just have to be careful when editing files off a server, but that's a user issue and not really the program's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a mature product that meets most needs. It's not as flashy as some of the newer text editing apps, but its perfect and stable for me.

I quickly edit source HTML and other files directly on the server, for extremely fast turnaround when needed.

BBEdit review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Reliable, light weight and powerful text editing program that was in development for many decades."

What do you like best?

BBEDIT is one of the best tools that a developer and power user should have in their workflow. This text editor a swiss army knife when it comes to editing text files. It continues to evolve and remain relevant in today's quick rapid change in software development.

What do you dislike?

Basically, nothing. It has proven that it was a relevant application in any type of development work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Mac, BBEDIT offers the best investment that you can make due to the proven longevity and reliability of this tool.

Business challenges, and data management of businesses from all sizes and shapes.

BBEdit review by Greg W.
Greg W.

"BBEdit is the software that should come with every Mac"

What do you like best?

It is a program that does one thing and one thing well: handle text. It is very straightforward and everytime I try to leave the BBedit world to use a free open source or clone, I always come back. The search and replace is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

There are constant upgrades and as a 17+ year user, I'm still not sure how the current one is tremendously better than the original version I got EXCEPT, it stays up to date with OS's and there are features here and there added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look at BBEdit and it's competitors. TextWrangler (the free version) is OK< but I think most power users will be happier with the full version.

I do a lot of writing (both text and code) and use it daily. Whenever I need to jot something down, I pop in there and write.

BBEdit review by Richard Y.
Richard Y.

"It's not just a text editor"

What do you like best?

BBEdit is incredibly helpful in that it will open almost any type text file I give it. It's find and replace is simply unmatched. If I need to write a really complex grep search to replace some code, BBEdit is my go to. It is a staple app that is a must have if you find yourself editing text or need a simple solution to manipulate a csv, email list and many more. The BBEdit support group is long standing and extremely helpful when seeking help.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it had stronger web development skills. I find the current UI lacking in this area. But many of the features I would like to have should probably be used in an IDE or dedicated web development app. But again, BBEdit's strong point is manipulating text of any kind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a text editor that has great support, a strong community, and amazing editing features, you cannot go wrong with BBEdit. Seriously, it's that good. If your needs are more for web development, there are other programs such as Atom.io that are better suited for that purpose. I use BBEdit alongside my IDE for programming.

BBEdit is hands down my most used and longest running application. I've used it for more than 15 years. It's a solid app that is amazing at editing, finding, and replacing text. I've also used it as my go to app for writing as it's interface is less cumbersome and noisy as other apps.

BBEdit review by Frederic L.
Frederic L.

"Simply the best text editor for Mac OS"

What do you like best?

I like everything in BBEdit, I'm using it every days.

- Syntax highlighting;

- Remote edit;

- Code completion;

and many more ...

What do you dislike?

Honestly I don't know. I like everything BBEdit provides

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not free, but it really worth the little money you spend.

Not really business problem but impressive gain in productivity

BBEdit review by Jose E.
Jose E.

"Helped me while I worked as a Web Developer with my Mac"

What do you like best?

I love the Syntax coloring, the Git support (comes handy if you are Git/Github addict). The user interface(and hence the User Experience) just makes this Software really fun to use. You feel like you are using a program that just does what it was programmed to. No extra-useless options. Just what you need.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how it is adveritsed as a text-editor and HTML editor. I believe it should only be advertised as a HTML editor for developers. I found myself multiple times in the forums reading threads made by users only having doubts with the normal text-editor features than the features focused for web developers. I found it a little bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's not. BBEdit should stop advertising itself as a text editor, because it is not what it's supposed to be. It is a text editor for web developers.

Back then when I didn't have a Windows laptop, I had a Mac OS X one. I was still looking for a Software that would make me more productive as a Web Developer. I found Adobe Dreamweaver very expensive, and then I found BBEdit. It was a pretty good program for Web Developers, and I believe that for normal users expecting to edit a .txt file as well.

BBEdit review by Bettina K.
Bettina K.

"My favorite code editor"

What do you like best?

There are several things I like about BBEdit:

It's versatility when it comes to supported code formats,

I love the syntax highlighting, code hinting for fast entry,

the line numbering, and the ability to fold up entire passages of code/text

My all time favorite is the tray to have access to all open documents, it's simple, yet very effective

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of, only thing is I am still on an older version, and I don't have currently a need to upgrade, so I get regular messages that remind me of an upgrade.

There is only one case where I use another editor: For Less CSS I use Crunch instead.

Another thing I would like to see in BBEdit is functionality similar to CodeBox, which allows me to safe snippets of code I will use later and access these snippets from my task/toolbar of my OS

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only editor on Mac that you need

Editing HTML, CSS, php

Writing user stories and Epics, and in general text (Normally you would do that in MS Word, but I like the fact that there are no formatting options coming in the way when I write, so I can stay focused on the content)

Occasionally I use it like a sticky note, to store text or code that I will need a view minutes later (so it becomes my temporary memory)

BBEdit review by Matthew C. E.
Matthew C. E.

"Easy Intuitive, It Gets Out Of Your Way"

What do you like best?

I'm trying to think of what to write - it's an HTML software with no bells or whistles.

It works great with our FTP Software Transmit.

What do you dislike?

It's super simple software there isn't much to dislike really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple - just use it.

I switched to BBEdit from Dreamweaver because Dreamweaver added a bunch of its own code into your code, and that's not what you want - so this is purely an HTML tool and I like that.

BBEdit review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Versatile Text Editor"

What do you like best?

Just how versatile it is. A day doesn't go by that I don't find that I can use BBEdit for yet something else.

What do you dislike?

How daunting it can be to use some of the power user type features. If the UI was a bit more user friendly I bet more people could get something out of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you find yourself needing an adaptable text editor? Look no further, BBEdit can get practically any job you can think of done.

Not having to use multiple test editors to do multiple jobs

BBEdit review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

When programming, the software uses different colored text to indicate whether a specific item was completed (or if it was not completed).

What do you dislike?

I disliked that only a few users can be using the product at the same time, especially when many need to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good product to use for those just starting within programming and XML.

BBEdit has been helpful in developing courses for the company I work with, and for working with others in developing those courses as well.

BBEdit review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"Outstanding Text Editor"

What do you like best?

You can drop almost anything into BBEdit and make the changes you need.

What do you dislike?

Really no complaints – this is one of those applications that does exactly what it promises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BBEdit is an outstanding text editor, a workhorse that you will use time and time again.

Everything from editing code (html, php, arduino) to manipulating scraped website data to extracting information from databases.

BBEdit review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Great text editor."

What do you like best?

BBEdit has all the features I need from a text editor. Prefix and suffix addition/removal is one of the key features I like. It is also provided by my employer.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. My text editing needs are fairly simple.

Reconfiguring calculations and code without manually typing is a major time saver. That lets me focus on building new features and addressing bugs in our internal software.

BBEdit review by Administrator

"My favourite text editor"

What do you like best?

It's stable, always "just works" and it not cluttered with unnecessary buttons.

What do you dislike?

Borderline a bit to pricy. But the high quality of the software makes it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

Text editing without formats

BBEdit review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Not perfect but pretty good!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about BbEdit is that I can customize the colors of the interface to make it easier for me to distinguish between variables/strings etc.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that there are not as many autocomplete options as other text editors that I’ve used.

I’ve been able to edit code for websites using BBEdit. I’ve realized that I can have a pretty interface to look at

BBEdit review by Dale J.
Dale J.

"Powerful text editor"

What do you like best?

Minimalistic user interface and performance

What do you dislike?

It is missing a lot of the features I require in a modern IDE.

When I just want to edit a basic file I open it in BBEdit and it just works

BBEdit review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"minimalistic but efficient text editor"

What do you like best?

The easy setup and efficient workspace.

What do you dislike?

I had a hard time installing the R language

Efficient editor to create R scripts which allow me to analyse my data

BBEdit review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Great Text Editor"

What do you like best?

Throw any file type at BBEdit and it will open it!

BBEdit will get you through bulk find/replacing (Grep), CSV manipulation, JavaScript editing, CSS styling, etc.

Not just on your machine, but via SFTP on remote boxes.

This is the only text editing tool you need on your Mac.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike with a text editing tool!

It could seem a bit overwhelming to a new user, but the level of complexity really depends on what you throw into it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get started with the trial and get a feel for it!

Code editing for HTML5/CSS/JQuery.

BBEdit review by David C.
David C.

"A simple and easy to use editor"

What do you like best?

It is simple and easy to use. It allows easy automation with its script editor.

What do you dislike?

I would say the number of plugin on BBEdit is not enough compared with other editor like SublimeText.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should have a package manager which centralize the supported plugins.

e.g. a diff editor, it allows to open diff and view it easily

BBEdit review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Longterm favorite code editor"

What do you like best?

Bbedit is fast, stable, versatile and has a broad feature set for editing any form of code (or text)

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. Everything is cool. No problems.

Web design, frontend and backend

BBEdit review by G2 Crowd User in Primary/Secondary Education
G2 Crowd User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Hav bene using it for 20 years, Amazing product"

What do you like best?

Great UI. All language libraries are kept up-to-date.

What do you dislike?

Color-coding could be better. More UI customization needed.

Solid, light-weight, not a drain on memory. Never crashes.

BBEdit review by Rich C.
Rich C.

"long time user"

What do you like best?

extremely powerful text editor, worth the upgrade from the free version

What do you dislike?

can be complex for novice users, and sometimes it does more than I need

Recommendations to others considering the product

well worth the price

scripting and code generation

BBEdit review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best word processing tool"

What do you like best?

It is the best go to software for all word processing

What do you dislike?

Sometime when we open very huge files, like more than a GB, it doesnt respond

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is must tool for every IT professional

Powerful text processing

BBEdit review by User

"Simple"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and has many of the standard features you would need

What do you dislike?

Not the greatest for coding or troubleshooting code or data

Able to view text files and code on a MAC

BBEdit review by Melissa N.
Melissa N.

"Use it to write code in xHTML & CSS"

What do you like best?

Write code easily without any other extra distracting whistles

What do you dislike?

no guides, could be more apple viewer oriented

Learning about BBEdit?

* We monitor all BBEdit reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.