Benchmark Email

Benchmark is an international, easy-to-use email and event marketing service provider. Affordable, friendly and stylish.

Work for Benchmark Email?

Learning about Benchmark Email?

Benchmark Email Reviews

Ask Benchmark Email a Question
Showing 29 Benchmark Email reviews
Benchmark Email review by <span>Theresa R.</span>
Theresa R.

"Powerful system, with great prompts and help to get your started."

What do you like best?

I just switched over to these folks recently and they made the transition very easy. The feedback loop from your mailers is good also. With a breakdown of the bad stuff (your bounces and opt-outs with the why) and the opens, not open, and click-throughs. You can start for free, and grow your business with their tools. They also offer several ways to add your contacts, and a lot of templates to choose from for real ease.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I disliked. In fact, the pop-ups in the lower right-hand corner have helped me when I am in a new place wondering hmm wait. It's a very intuitive problem-solving system in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

These guys are a worth a look, and they probably don't show up on your search immediately (they didn't on mine) but I am glad I kept looking for the right fit.

For me it allows me to email about 1,000 clients, from a secure, dependable platform. And I know that they can one click out, which is important to my list integrity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Benchmark Email
Benchmark Email review by <span>Alaina S.</span>
Alaina S.

"Benchmark - Great for Mass Emailing"

What do you like best?

I like that you can clone an email to re-customize it for a different target audience. For example, if you have a promotion you want to send out to the clients of several agents, you only have to design the email once and then clone it for each agent. Then, all you have to do from there is change the contact information in the email and change the "send from / reply to " email addresses.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I really dislike about it yet. It offers everything I've needed so far. so I'm able to accomplish all of my tasks with one program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price varies on how many contacts you add, but you can have the same people on multiple lists without paying more. If you aren't sure, definitely do a trial of it and even try it out on small lists so that cost is minimal while you are still trying to figure out if you want to use it.

Emails are easy to personalize, and there are plenty of fields on the contact profiles to use for this feature.

We can use this to email several different types of recipients (vendors, clients and affiliate companies.) What's great about Benchmark is that you can personalize a mass email with any information you store on each individual's profile (name, company, etc.)

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Benchmark Email review by <span>Johnnie Marie U.</span>
Johnnie Marie U.

"I love Benchmark"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Uncomplicated. Great customer support. Great value.

When I had a problem with testing emails customer service happily fixed the issues and I was back

What do you dislike?

My emails usually end up in Junk or spam boxes even though I am certain that they are clean of any problems.

It doesn't directly integrate with e-commerce programs. I don't like to having to purchase Zappier when other CRM's integrate automatically.

It also has an issue with Wordpress integration. Email collection plugin is not customizable enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You've got to try Benchmark and see for yourself how easy and intuitive it is to use. My clients love the layouts and modern structure.

Delivers information to my audience and clients on a schedule. I love how easy it is to set up autoresponders.

Benchmark Email review by <span>Jay K.</span>
Jay K.

"Great software platform to send out basic e-mail campaigns"

What do you like best?

Very easy to deploy and use. website navigation (menu) is easy and available tools are intuitive. No special trainings are needed as long as you had a little experience with e-mail marketing and html. I like the fact you can upload contacts into a list either in excel or cvs format. Some of other e-mail tools, you need to upload cvs files only. Their service fees are lower than their competitors including mail chimp.

What do you dislike?

You have to enter information (ex. source and last e-mail communication) on new contacts each time when you are uploading them into a list. Their e-mail automation method is very basic. Their e-mail reporting tool is too basic for us to really utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great e-mail system if you are just looking to send out very basic e-mail campaigns.

Sending out quick e-mail campaigns without investing too much resources. It is a nice backup ems.

Benchmark Email review by <span>Jen L.</span>
Jen L.

"Easy to use Email Marketing program!"

What do you like best?

Interface is pretty self explanatory and easy to grasp. I don't find it cluttered.with unnecessary options and info like I have with other providers. They have a good overview of statistics and easy to edit templates with different integration options if needed.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to save and edit my own templates with only certain info that gets edited. You can duplicate past emails sent which helps, but an actual template for certain email types would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for users who need an easy interface

I have used for several types of entities, but most recently have been using for a not-for-profit. They allow a free version for NFP which had been great and still is full of the features. The only limits are on number of contacts sent emails. We send out an email newsletter and event notices about 2 times a month to approx 300 contacts which is great.

Benchmark Email review by <span>Joe H.</span>
Joe H.

"Inconsistent Send Times"

What do you like best?

Good, easy to use editor makes building emails super easy.

What do you dislike?

Send times are incredibly inconsistent. Sometimes it will take up to two hours to send an email. So for example, if you're sending a time sensitive email, be sure to schedule it a couple hours earlier than you originally want. I talked with support, and they gave me a couple reasons for this:

-Their servers can only send 20,000 emails per hour (for the entire platform). That means if you're looking to hit your contact database, you're sharing the servers with everyone else. You can apparently pay more $ and get a private server so your send times are consistent.

-Apparently their internal team reviews all emails for spam and broken links, and you have to wait for their reviews to go through.

So overall, Benchmark lacks a core function of any email service provider - SENDING EMAILS WHEN SCHEDULED.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're trying to send time sensitive emails, Benchmark is not the platform for you. Maybe it would work for B2C, but for B2B companies trying to get the correct messaging at the correct time, Benchmark's functionality falls short.

We were hoping to use Benchmark for nurture campaigns, however, it's inconsistent send times made it a failure for us.

Learning about Benchmark Email?

* We monitor all Benchmark Email reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.