Benchmark Email

Benchmark is an international, easy-to-use email and event marketing service provider. Affordable, friendly and stylish.

Work for Benchmark Email?

Learning about Benchmark Email?

Benchmark Email Reviews

Ask Benchmark Email a Question
Showing 32 Benchmark Email reviews
Benchmark Email review by Theresa R.
Theresa R.

"Powerful system, with great prompts and help to get your started."

What do you like best?

I just switched over to these folks recently and they made the transition very easy. The feedback loop from your mailers is good also. With a breakdown of the bad stuff (your bounces and opt-outs with the why) and the opens, not open, and click-throughs. You can start for free, and grow your business with their tools. They also offer several ways to add your contacts, and a lot of templates to choose from for real ease.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I disliked. In fact, the pop-ups in the lower right-hand corner have helped me when I am in a new place wondering hmm wait. It's a very intuitive problem-solving system in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

These guys are a worth a look, and they probably don't show up on your search immediately (they didn't on mine) but I am glad I kept looking for the right fit.

For me it allows me to email about 1,000 clients, from a secure, dependable platform. And I know that they can one click out, which is important to my list integrity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Benchmark Email
Benchmark Email review by Alaina S.
Alaina S.

"Benchmark - Great for Mass Emailing"

What do you like best?

I like that you can clone an email to re-customize it for a different target audience. For example, if you have a promotion you want to send out to the clients of several agents, you only have to design the email once and then clone it for each agent. Then, all you have to do from there is change the contact information in the email and change the "send from / reply to " email addresses.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I really dislike about it yet. It offers everything I've needed so far. so I'm able to accomplish all of my tasks with one program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price varies on how many contacts you add, but you can have the same people on multiple lists without paying more. If you aren't sure, definitely do a trial of it and even try it out on small lists so that cost is minimal while you are still trying to figure out if you want to use it.

Emails are easy to personalize, and there are plenty of fields on the contact profiles to use for this feature.

We can use this to email several different types of recipients (vendors, clients and affiliate companies.) What's great about Benchmark is that you can personalize a mass email with any information you store on each individual's profile (name, company, etc.)

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Benchmark Email review by Johnnie Marie U.
Johnnie Marie U.

"I love Benchmark"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Uncomplicated. Great customer support. Great value.

When I had a problem with testing emails customer service happily fixed the issues and I was back

What do you dislike?

My emails usually end up in Junk or spam boxes even though I am certain that they are clean of any problems.

It doesn't directly integrate with e-commerce programs. I don't like to having to purchase Zappier when other CRM's integrate automatically.

It also has an issue with Wordpress integration. Email collection plugin is not customizable enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You've got to try Benchmark and see for yourself how easy and intuitive it is to use. My clients love the layouts and modern structure.

Delivers information to my audience and clients on a schedule. I love how easy it is to set up autoresponders.

Benchmark Email review by Jay K.
Jay K.

"Great software platform to send out basic e-mail campaigns"

What do you like best?

Very easy to deploy and use. website navigation (menu) is easy and available tools are intuitive. No special trainings are needed as long as you had a little experience with e-mail marketing and html. I like the fact you can upload contacts into a list either in excel or cvs format. Some of other e-mail tools, you need to upload cvs files only. Their service fees are lower than their competitors including mail chimp.

What do you dislike?

You have to enter information (ex. source and last e-mail communication) on new contacts each time when you are uploading them into a list. Their e-mail automation method is very basic. Their e-mail reporting tool is too basic for us to really utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great e-mail system if you are just looking to send out very basic e-mail campaigns.

Sending out quick e-mail campaigns without investing too much resources. It is a nice backup ems.

Benchmark Email review by Jen L.
Jen L.

"Easy to use Email Marketing program!"

What do you like best?

Interface is pretty self explanatory and easy to grasp. I don't find it cluttered.with unnecessary options and info like I have with other providers. They have a good overview of statistics and easy to edit templates with different integration options if needed.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to save and edit my own templates with only certain info that gets edited. You can duplicate past emails sent which helps, but an actual template for certain email types would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for users who need an easy interface

I have used for several types of entities, but most recently have been using for a not-for-profit. They allow a free version for NFP which had been great and still is full of the features. The only limits are on number of contacts sent emails. We send out an email newsletter and event notices about 2 times a month to approx 300 contacts which is great.

Benchmark Email review by Joe H.
Joe H.

"Inconsistent Send Times"

What do you like best?

Good, easy to use editor makes building emails super easy.

What do you dislike?

Send times are incredibly inconsistent. Sometimes it will take up to two hours to send an email. So for example, if you're sending a time sensitive email, be sure to schedule it a couple hours earlier than you originally want. I talked with support, and they gave me a couple reasons for this:

-Their servers can only send 20,000 emails per hour (for the entire platform). That means if you're looking to hit your contact database, you're sharing the servers with everyone else. You can apparently pay more $ and get a private server so your send times are consistent.

-Apparently their internal team reviews all emails for spam and broken links, and you have to wait for their reviews to go through.

So overall, Benchmark lacks a core function of any email service provider - SENDING EMAILS WHEN SCHEDULED.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're trying to send time sensitive emails, Benchmark is not the platform for you. Maybe it would work for B2C, but for B2B companies trying to get the correct messaging at the correct time, Benchmark's functionality falls short.

We were hoping to use Benchmark for nurture campaigns, however, it's inconsistent send times made it a failure for us.

Benchmark Email review by Katy R.
Katy R.

"Email Marketing Services"

What do you like best?

We have been able to use the free version of benchmark which is helpful. When we have tried uploading some of our lists into similar sites, we would just be told the list was rejected. Benchmark actually walks you through some possible problems with the list might have.

What do you dislike?

I personally feel that the actual creation of emails is a little more difficult than other possible tools. Its interface is also a little less robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Benchmark is a great way to start sending marketing related emails. If you have a list larger than 2,000 it will no longer be a free account.

We have been able to use Benchmark to help us clean some lists and also send some successful email campaigns.

Benchmark Email review by User

"Reliable low cost email service"

What do you like best?

My company had this for a while and it has worked great and did everything you'd expect for email and signup software. We can have people opt in quickly and easily with a series of premade forms or customize a form. We actually just used the basic form with contact fields but you can also add text and colors to customize it and add to your website. Emails can be customized or started with templates so you know contacts are receiving newsletters that are properly formatted.

What do you dislike?

Some of the customization options limited so when we really need to have something look a certain way, the text or spacing might be slightly off and is difficult to fix without coding knowledge. Customer service might not know how to format certain things either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a popular and reliable software and not very expensive so it's a good starting point. You can use many tools to customize the look of forms and emails. If you want something that can be tailored very precisely though, then this might not be the best option.

Automating contact optins helps save us time and keep us within emailing guidelines. We can get emails out in a timely fashion are create lists for certain contacts and with specific topics so they're more likely to convert. We generally convert more when we send emails.

Benchmark Email review by Martin R.
Martin R.

"A Solid Alternative to MailChimp"

What do you like best?

Benchmark is a tool for managing mass emailing. It is great for marketing or for staying in touch with large groups of people via email. The tool makes it relatively easy to create nice looking HTML-based emails. And the tools for managing various mailing lists are quite nice.

What do you dislike?

The pricing plans are a bit complex, and I frequently find myself bumping up against the ceiling of my current plan. I can't justify going to the next plan up, so I have to pare something back. The learning curve was a little steep, but, once I got the hang of it, I was OK.

I doubt Benchmark could do anything about this, but the fact that I have to maintain two copies of a mailing list, one in Benchmark and one in my CRM, is worrisome. What if they get out of synch (and they do frequently)? But there are tools for importing .csv files, so that's how I keep things in synch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other products out there -- MailChimp being the main competitor -- but I like Benchmark better. Admittedly, part of that may be because I'm now very familiar with it, although we did consider MailChimp when we first were looking for a tool to handle mass emails. Make a matrix of features you're looking for and do a good comparison. Watch out for the complex pricing matrix, too -- there are many ways to buy Benchmark and it really depends on your situation which package is right for you.

We have several mailing lists we use to communicate with large groups of people. Benchmark allows us to maintain our lists (although it isn't integrated with our CRM), design nice emails, and get them sent out. It tracks bounces and returns nicely and lets us get a good sense of which emails are most effective. It even has an A/B test for the email subject line that has yielded some surprising insights for us about what works and what doesn't.

Benchmark Email review by Linda B.
Linda B.

"Everything I wanted"

What do you like best?

After reviewing a number of products (most notably MailChimp & AWeber) I selected Benchmark as being the most appropriate for a start-up. Isn't it great when you know you've made the right decision?

I wanted easy design with professional outcome / auto responders with strong analytics / mobile app / list management / accessible support

Benchmark gives me everything I wanted and tons more but the most important thing of all is their absolutely amazing support. One on one handholding when I've needed it, not that it is difficult to use. Sally Beers has been my assigned support contact since day 1 and is excellent at her job.

Highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet - I have yet to use the product to it's fullest - but so far I have not experienced any problems

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't imagine what any other product would give you that would make it a better choice

I am using Benchmark for client lists, sign up forms, autoresponders, email campaigns and surveys.

Benchmark Email review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Great platform for basic email marketing initiatives"

What do you like best?

Benchmark has a lot of great capabilities and is an easy to use email marketing tool. It's pretty cheap and free to use until your lists grow larger. It's easy to get the job done with and offers excellent customer service. Their online 24/7 chat services are really one of a kind.

What do you dislike?

Very glitchy, doesn't integrate well with social media, doesn't offer advanced reporting capabilities, uploading lists can be a pain, and doesn't offer any interactive templates (gifs, flash, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have a PMS system to integrate to, massive company budgets or advanced email marketing campaigns - this tool is for you. Extremely budget friendly, easy to use and great customer service.

Our management company oversees 90 different hotels and it's a nice and budget friendly way to run campaigns for all our hotels without spam / cross interference issues. Benchmark also offers an excellent chat / help service which is quite helpful since the job has a lot of turnover.

Benchmark Email review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Simple Clean Effective Design"

What do you like best?

The steps for creating email campaigns are easy to follow and the Editor for the email campaign is easy to use for someone with no design or coding background. You can either do their Drag and Drop feature or the HTML feature.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike on Benchmark. We've used this tool for a few years now to send our office newsletters.

We have an extensive contact list of partners, students, and parents that we send our email newsletters to. Benchmark helps us declutter our inbox sending these mass emails and help us track the engagement of the emails.

Benchmark Email review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Powerful Email Marketing Automation Platform‎"

What do you like best?

The visual editor makes it convenient to see the HTML code and live version of the email template you are creating/editing. There's no need to flip flop back and forth with Dreamweaver and other HTML editing tools.

What do you dislike?

The email list management tool can definitely improve and allow for more bulk editing of contacts/search.

Being able to sync up web forms from client websites with Benchmark Email and have never come across syncing issues. We're also able to share our email campaigns easily using Benchmark's social media share tool or short URL.

Benchmark Email review by Gavin M. W.
Gavin M. W.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

It feels like you can do more customization when setting up an email. I tried the likes of Mailchimp and Campaign Editor but I found them very limited.

What do you dislike?

I wish their much more customization available, like being able to change picture and textbox sizes. Need to add more fonts, not a whole lot available.

Using Benchmark to get us started with our Monthly Newsletter! I love the stat tracking!

Benchmark Email review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"One of the best entry level email marketing service provider"

What do you like best?

I really like how benchmark really stepped up their game by offering a free plan for life which really works for a small company like ours. We have up to 2000 contacts a month with advanced features. One thing that really stands out is that benchmark offers free surveys which not other competing services offer.

the template design ux interface is very smooth and easy to drag and drop necessary contents into the campaign.

It is also very easy to incorporate social sharing on top social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter.

I like how there is a video integration but it tends to lag on the loading time.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service phone line is very limited and most of the time you cannot reach them for support.

I also do not like how we cannot track the social media and sales for conversion rates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid and great email marketing provider for smaller business and even for nonprofits. There are definitely more strengths from this service compared to its competitors by offering more advances features such as free surveys.

Benchmark has provided the best entry level opportunities for small businesses like ours. Some of the benefits we have realized is that there is a good balance of pricing, flexbility in template design and post analytics.

Benchmark Email review by Jijesh D.
Jijesh D.

"Good email marketing system"

What do you like best?

- Good toolset and easy to use on both mobile and desktop. They provide additional service for verifying emails ( with added cost).

What do you dislike?

- There is no easy way to quickly send an email to all the folks who have not opened an email campaign, especially when you do a campaign with A/B testing.

- Email marketing

Benchmark Email review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Best E-mail Marketing for SMBs"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, responsiveness, interface and price. I switched to Benchmark from Constant Contact two years ago and I love it! It is easy to use and intuitive. The price is great for my SMB clients. I also love the reporting.

What do you dislike?

I love the service but when a list is regected, it is not immediately clear why. Also, I would love to be able to see a separate list with regected emails. One of my clients has a really large list and that would make scrubbing the lists easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great solution for SMBs. Tiered pricing model makes it easy to market to lists of all sizes.

Simple to use and cost-effective solution for email marketing. I didn't realize how easy and intuitive it would be.

Benchmark Email review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"New but easy to handle"

What do you like best?

What I like is the simplicity and ability to easily navigate through the program. Some programs I think tend to be harder to find always what you need. With Benchmark I don't see to have as much trouble compared to others.

What do you dislike?

One thing with most programs is what do you need. Like any there are limitations but we would not be using the software or have for certain purposes if it didn't meet expectations. I always recommend finding out what you need first before buying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. For a starter corporation I feel it meets the standards but could evolve into something greater the more users it takes on.

This is great because it allows not only for e-mail marketing as a business perspective for doing outreach but also from the event planning side of things. I find both to work very well with each other. For a smaller company I think this is a great starter software depending on your needs.

Benchmark Email review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Frustrating formatting"

What do you like best?

As a nonprofit, we are able to use it for free (with the exception of paying for image hosting)

What do you dislike?

Designing the email can be temperamental. It's particularly frustrating that the design (spacing largely) looks different in the editor then in email

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay for image hosting. If you delete images from your library, the image from the emails that have already been sent will also be deleted.

email marketing

Benchmark Email review by Jayesh V.
Jayesh V.

"Good to tool creating responsive and mobile friendly templates for email campaigns."

What do you like best?

Very good tool for creating awesome responsive and mobile friendly email templates for marketing purpose. It provides real time reports for our marketing campaign. Its one of the cool feature that I liked.

What do you dislike?

Bad thing about this tool is, some time it creates spamy templates means when we send email using those templates, email client markes it as spam email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this tool for new marketing campaigns.

We are using this tool for crating email templates for marketing our products.

Benchmark Email review by Jayesh P.
Jayesh P.

" Awesome and tool for email marketing."

What do you like best?

Its nice tool for email marketing campaigns. Its attractive features are responsive and mobile friendly templates which are compittable for any devices. It has lots of other good features also.

What do you dislike?

Almost this tools seems good for email marketing but report generation seems bit complicated. Sometime its hard to understand report generated by this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surely i would recommend this tool for start-up and newly started companies for email marketing purpose.

We are start up company. So we are using this tool for our email marketing campaign.

Benchmark Email review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great Email Marketing Product!"

What do you like best?

I love both the ease of creating dynamic eblasts and accessing informative reports!

What do you dislike?

The drag and drop editor is easy to use, but I dislike the lack of total personalization that is allowed. I also dislike the fact that, like with all other email marketing programs, an email sent from Benchmark is more likely to go to a recipient's spam folder than a personal email.

It has been a great tool of communicating with our customers and tracking what our customers are interested in!

Benchmark Email review by Jake P.
Jake P.

"Very easy automation email setup "

What do you like best?

its really easy to create templates for emails to be sent out to a list and track responses

What do you dislike?

I could never figure out the apis or automation with the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the great work and allow for easier automation integration

email marketing to our clients.

Benchmark Email review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Overall, really enjoy Benchmark."

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Benchmark is the ease of use - the drag and drop editor is really, really good.

What do you dislike?

The automation feature could use a little work, and the Salesforce integration is currently in disrepair -- the Zapier integration they offer as an alternative is extremely limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all of your needs, and weigh whether or not the Salesforce integration will be a deal-breaker for you.

I'm using Benchmark to do all email communication and marketing.

Benchmark Email review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Overall good email "

What do you like best?

That you can drag and drop certain parts of the email while creating emails and newsletters. It makes it easy to use and to train other on as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could resize and edit the design of emails and newsletters easier. It seems cumbersome and a lengthy process with its current parameters within benchmark as it is now.

I have been able to send my email and subscriber replies much faster now. I am able to simply drag and drop in features to personalize emails for certain email lists without having to insert everything separately.

Benchmark Email review by Hal L.
Hal L.

"Superlative email provider"

What do you like best?

Everything about Benchmark Email's system is set up so that it is easy for the novice to comprehend while at the same time incorporating extremely powerful features which will suit the most sophisticated user. Benchmark's tracking and reporting interface manages to display extensive information in a clear graphical manner so that you can comprehend how your campaign is performing at a glance, the social media integration is second to none, and their templates are highly sophisticated and attractive. If you ever run into any kind of problem their customer service is prompt, efficient, courteous and knowledgeable. All in all, Benchmark provides everything any email marketer would require... and then some.

What do you dislike?

Their interface looks great on mobile and smaller screens but gets a bit billboard-y on my 32" monitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many email service providers but you'll find that once you commit to Benchmark Email you won't ever have to look at alternatives, as they offer it all and do it very well.

We've done trade shows where we have garnered hundreds of permissions from clients to send email and we have found that implementing the double opt-in process with Benchmark results in very high completion rates.

Benchmark Email review by Mandar P.
Mandar P.

"Good Marketing tool"

What do you like best?

Email marketing is made easier with Benchmark email as it is cheaper and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I am not satisfied with delivery rate but its cheaper

Sending / intimating customers with new offers and promotions

Benchmark Email review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"Easy "

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use and I can start on a free plan

What do you dislike?

That there isn't very much analytics on the free version

Contacting clients. I

Benchmark Email review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Benchmark Email is a great and easy to navigate tool! It made our email marketing campaigns simple. "

What do you like best?

We like how easy they system makes it to schedule and send out emails.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they don't tell you the free account expires.

We have find an easy tool that gets the job done quickly. We are no longer dealing with the hassle of adding certain contacts to certain emails or remembering to pull someone out if they unsubscribe.

Benchmark Email review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Benchmark Email Review"

What do you like best?

Benchmark is very user friendly. I enjoy the ability to create my own templates.

What do you dislike?

For me, Benchmark is slow when loading a large list of contacts.

I use Benchmark for mass communications. It is very beneficial to have the results from every email blast.

Benchmark Email review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Very basic program"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and good for a basic email program

What do you dislike?

It does not have the functionality of a calendar for marketing planning

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are getting started this program is OK, but not for any complicated email campaigns

It is good for sending out Enewsletters for the company.

Benchmark Email review by Administrator in Judiciary
Administrator in Judiciary

"Benchmark is cool!"

What do you like best?

It’s easy templates, drag-n-drop editors

What do you dislike?

The contacts feature makes it hard to update some info./lists sometimes via the search

Being able to send quality communications quickly, and repeat, and track

Learning about Benchmark Email?

* We monitor all Benchmark Email reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.