What do you like best?
Beyond Compare is the best directory file comparison tool I've found. It has been a critical tool for developing software and websites for me and my company for years.
Things I love:
* Clean User Interface
* Directory Comparison
* Compare with a remote FTP server
* Compare the contents of files in a directory compare
* Ability to compare images and other binary formats
* Save past sessions to quickly pick up where you left off
The price is reasonable and the product has always worked great without any bugs or issues. Licensing is straightforward and it is very easy to try out with their free trial.
What do you dislike?
This is understandable, but in large directories the comparison can take a significant amount of time. I wish it was a bit faster. Other than that, its great.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Beyond Compare offers a free trial so there is really no risk to trying it out. I believe the trial is 30 days or perhaps even 30 days of actual use. Download it and give it a whirl.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We use Beyond Compare to:
* Sync source code
* Find missing files between services
* Download content to local that is out of sync
* Compare files
* Compare directories
Basically, its used to find issues, merge files, and deploy files on occasion.