BeyondTrust Remote Support

4.7

The #1 solution for leading enterprises to securely access and support any device or system, anywhere in the world.

Work for BeyondTrust Remote Support?

Learning about BeyondTrust Remote Support?

BeyondTrust Remote Support Reviews

Showing 190 BeyondTrust Remote Support reviews
BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Kyle O.
Kyle O.

"Top notch remote system"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Bomgar is to have the ability to share screens with the user while they are logged in. It creates a secure connection that allows you to chat with the user while troubleshooting issues. This makes things more efficient than having to go to the user's office for account/software related issues

Another great thing about this product is when you are troubleshooting software issues. There are many times when I needed to re-install or make changes to a configuration item in a packaged software that wasn't working correctly, and I had to have the user restart the device. Once the device restarts and the user logs back into their account, the session is restored. This is an absolutely amazing feature that makes it unique from other remoting clients.

What do you dislike?

The process to have the user go to the Bomgar website to select the Tech can be a little lengthy and cumbersome at times if the user is not familiar. It will sometime take awhile to tell the user what URL to type in to even get to the support site and then select which support technician they are communicating with. Sometimes they will get confused when the session downloads if they have not done it before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bomgar is very easy to use and easy for the users once they are familiar with the process.

Our Service Desk and Desktop Support use Bomgar for account, software, and basic desktop questions so we can view the desktop without physically going to the device.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BeyondTrust Remote Support
BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Sam C.
Sam C.

"Awesome Remote Software"

What do you like best?

This product is excellent. It is very easy to use. The learning curve is not steep to get started, but you can get very in depth with your setup. With this product you are able to create commands that will automate a lot of the tasks that you would run on computers for remediation.

What do you dislike?

The integration would be the only downside for your company. The canned support for integrating with our CRM software just is not there, at least yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a rock solid remote software this is it.

We are able to maintain all of our customers remotely with this tool. This has increased our productivity tremendously. Where we were having to travel onsite to remediate issues we are able to assist with 80-90% of the issues remotely.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Brett H.
Brett H.

"Bomgar, Need I say more?"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Bomgar and using it for remote support is that I can remote to customers that are outside my intranet. I used to have to try and explain what I wanted them to do and it always gave me a headache and I would wish that the tech existed to slap people through the phone. Now Bomgar has made me a more relaxed and professional person I know longer want to slap people through a phone, AND I can take control away from those people who just don't understand that when they move the mouse it takes control from me...I still kind of want to slap those ones through the phone.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is when you are inactive in Bomgar it will interrupt what you are doing and tell you so. I can tell you how many times I have been in the middle of something and it has popped up and taken attention away from what I was doing. The worst is when you are typing and you don't see it pop up so you keep on typing and 20 minutes later you want to die.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it!

The main business problems we are solving is that of being able to more reliably remote to customer's computers. We used to use SCSM and it never really worked all that well and definitely didn't work off the intranet.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Eric W.
Eric W.

"The most complete remote support solution I have used."

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is KACE Integration.

What do you dislike?

Apple does not allow any remote support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My best recommendation is to purchase the deployment services with the product. Implementation in a time conscious way that gets effective results is nothing short of complicated and unpleasant. The implementation team can get you all the necessary and recommended settings configured right out of the box. They will help you customize the product to fit your needs during implementation, but they will also try to rush through the process. Make them slow down and really dig in with you so you can get a good understanding of the administration side of the appliance right out of the gate because the first time you go to make a change without support it will likely take some time to find what you need.

The most prominent problem Bomgar solved for us is remote support to mobile devices. Bomgar has full control capabilities to Samsung mobile devices which has helped us support our colleagues in the field in scenerios where other tools fall short.

Desktop support for our outlying plants/offices has dramatically improved our efficiently and time usage. Our users are much happier now that we can solve their issues much faster ad with less intervention on their part.

Manageability of our virtual server instance without having to login to the instances has been extremely useful in cases where certain policies make accessibility a challenge.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"Well Worth the Money"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use for end users and easy to administrate. You can use it to screen share on multiple platforms. It allows you to automatically login after restarting the client's machine as long as you have the customer type in their login credentials. Hence, the end user does not need to share their credentials. You can adjust what level of video quality you see on your end. For example, you can have Bomgar degrade the video quality to black and white instead of color to help with bandwidth issues. You can also easily see from a user or end user perspective who is available as an agent in Bomgar.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I cannot think of anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bomgar is the right software for support staff if you want to be able to screen share, act as administrator on client machine, stay connected after rebooting client machine, and not have to ask client to share their password with you.

At our Help Desk, we do a fair amount of support via phone, and doing support via phone can be heard when trying to communicate how to do something or where to look on the screen when talking to an end user. When conversations start to get hard for us support staff, we use Bomgar so that we can see the end user's machine and essentially do the work ourselves if needed versus trying to have the end user do the work.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use. It is an excellent tool for remote support, especially when attempting to support an application you are unfamiliar with as it allows you to interact with the user. We have used Bomgar for a year to replace teamviewer.

What do you dislike?

The software still seems very resource heavy so it has caused some issues with older machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing to suggest, just use the software and chances are that you will love be it.

Bomgar allows us to provide better support as we can get a better handle on the issues our users encounter when using an application. We are also able to monitor what outside vendors do in case any issues arise while they are implementing their products.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Ivan M.
Ivan M.

"Flexible and built to work smoothly during heavy workloads"

What do you like best?

This tool was certainly made with security in mind. When you are in a support session with a customer, all the activities and permissions given get logged in the audit log of the session. The video recording is a great plus and I appreciate it's also in high resolution. It's also compatible with enterprise-grade tools, such as Kerberos authentication and LDAP for user directory retrieval. For mission-critical organizations, the failover set up is also very nice and easy to setup. Last but not least, the documentation is very clear and well covered, and that is a great advantage over many tools of the industry. What I like most is that they really seem to hear the market, because when I get asked as a consultant about a feature, within a few clicks away I find it in the tool.

What do you dislike?

If you size it incorrectly during the deployment into a hypervisor, it will take a lot of RAM and it might take a lot of resources to the point the entire hypervisor gets unusable. However, that scenario is not very likely, specially if you followed up the documentation properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When deploying the solutions, please make sure you have all the requirements mentioned in the documentation before attempting to deploy the appliance. Otherwise you will hit roadblocks and doing "ad-hoc" setups that will not be best practice when deploying the solution.

The granular permissions model and the audit log and video the product offers, is a great benefit for those customers that need to comply with heavy regulations, so when choosing remote support tools, this choice is an easy call on BOMGAR, because of this.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Charlie K.
Charlie K.

"The Most Comprehensive and secure remote support tool - BOMGAR "

What do you like best?

simple user interface for agent & customer

What do you dislike?

nothing - its all good. They quickly acknowledge any enhancement requests and keep us updated with future product road-map.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the big picture when comparing vendors. Bomgar has it all with extensive experience and innovation in the field of remote support solutions. No other vendor comes close to providing the comprehensive secure remote support solution that Bomgar does. The concurrent licensing model fits my needs since we have several shifts of techs we only pay for the # we need to actually use at any one time.

We increasingly have to support a wide geographically dispersed user base. With Bomgar remote support we can support those users anytime, anywhere, on any platform all without leaving our desks. As a tech support manager It is helpful to have the reporting and recordings for review. Some of our customers never come to campus so we can remote in and assist with computer configurations that were previously done in person saving travel time and costs. The big benefit is in solving issues without dispatching techs for basic desk side support. that helps improve the help-desk first contact resolution rate (FCR) and results in higher customer satisfaction ratings too. Today's versions allow my support agents to be anywhere also with the Bomgar mobile representative client. We don't need it often but when you can resolve an issue from your mobile device from where ever you are means not having to run out to find a computer and connect is priceless.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Travis G.
Travis G.

"Stop looking and start Bomgaring. "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Bomgar is that it's the complete package for remote support. The amount of information that you can collect from a customer's computer without even screen sharing is immense. System info, installed applications and versions, connected drives, Network info, all of that is there with a few quick clicks. The customer's effort to get connected is quick and easy and doesn't leave a shred of evidence behind once the sessions is over.

What do you dislike?

If I'm being picky, we experienced our first software bug after an upgrade for the first time this year. In three years and 4 major upgrades! That's unheard of and has already been addressed and patched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sales team is top notch and really cares for customers. I love our rep and we have a great relationship. If I ever went anywhere else, I'd incorporate Bomgar as fast as possible.

We use Bomgar to remotely support over 27,000 students and 10,000 staff and faculty that are distributed across the state of Tennessee. Rather than our customers having to explain complex issues or send our physical technicians to office, we use Bomgar to quickly and efficiently triage and solve a variety of issues.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"Better than all the rest"

What do you like best?

Bomgar as I am sure others will say is by far the best remote support tool I have ever used. Even with users who are "challenged" to do something outside their normal day to day can easily visit our portal page or click on the help button on their desktop. This tool had saved me so many steps I could not count them all. I am a support team of one and this allows me to literally be in more than one place at a time. If I have to be in a location I take the ipad along to keep sessions going and the work moving! I love this product and would suggest it to anyone. I hate to suggest a key feature as I think the entire package is what makes Bomgar so good. I have found that Bomgar's limits are only the ones you set for it. You can use it in so many way you haven't dreamed of yet!

What do you dislike?

One of the only dislikes I have is IOS control but that is not a Bomgar issue it is an Apple issue. Now we have some workarounds for even that though and I am sure being Apple is a Bomgar client they may get over this hurdle before anyone else does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get a trial and play with it you will be glad you did. also talk to someone who has had it a while and ask questions!

Staffing is a big issue anywhere these days. As I mentioned I am "IT". I have to be in three places at once most of my day and with out this tool I would always be lost.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Awesome Product"

What do you like best?

I love pretty much everything about bomgar. It is super easy to use. It is intuitive. It is robust. It does all the things and more that you could about ever need from a remote support tool. I love being able to build scripts which then use software to run tools on the fly.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we have had issues with is integration. There isnt much integration with Connectwise or any of its programs. If we had that this product would definitely be top notch for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a robust, secure remote support tool, you cant beat Bomgar. I would recommend them to anyone who is considering this.

We are able to remotely manage all of our customers through Bomgar. We have the ability to have unattended access to the computers we are allowed to access anytime. We also have ability to direct customers to a support page where we can initiate a remote connection to assist them. We also have the ability to create and run scripts for know issues with devices.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Tony L.
Tony L.

"Best Remote Support Software"

What do you like best?

Bomgar is very simple to use on the front-end. Outside of the configuration on the appliance, I have yet to try any other software that does a better job at remote managing client PCs. Having a user click on a link and opening the portal is fairly straightforward, and once I am logged in I can get to work. Also, I can send users a direct link to a support session if I wish.

What do you dislike?

There are some quirks when new operating systems are released. Usually with Windows dealing with User Account Control. Also, there are times where I experience random disconnects or can't get back into a client PC after a reboot. Sometimes the software can be a little clunky, but a lot of that depends on how fast your internet connection is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trying out the product is a must. I feel that even though we use an on-site appliance, it still is probably one of the most reliable systems out there for remote support. I have tried competitors and I keep going back to Bomgar.

Bomgar has helped us reduce the amount of windshield time and travel costs to our remote locations where end users are. We also can pin rarely-used but always on machines to a list for easy access. Being able to just jump into a PC within our network on a whim has made my life substantially easier, because it keeps me from being on the phone a lot as well.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by William S.
William S.

"BOMGAR is a time saver"

What do you like best?

The ability for our techs and myself to try and troubleshoot something in our remote offices without driving there for every little issue.

The Bomgar button! A desktop icon that takes users directly to the help queue so an IT member can help them.

Jump Clients: if installed allows IT to remote into any PC without user interaction.

Having different levels of IT users for the representative console.

Having Personal queues to help users as well as a general. (you can actually give your user a button that will go directly to a certain member of IT)

What do you dislike?

Setting up the console settings is very lengthy due to all the options. I feel like they could be grouped better somehow, although i wouldn't really want to give up the granularity it offers

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you currently don't have remote support in place this is the ticket. There are so many great features like desktop buttons that take users directly into the help queue, or jump clients that allow admins to take control of any machine a jump client is installed on..

We are saving lots of time by trying to help a user right from our desk before we drive out to their site. Having the ability to switch user and stay connected is also a great feature that lets us perform admin tasks.

We are also using this to have clients show us what they are seeing without having to be at their desk.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Kendall P.
Kendall P.

"Remote support that works and is easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ability see the status of and quickly remote all devices that have the jump client loaded. Also love the ability to have any web attached device to active a remote session via our support web site.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I really dislike about the application. The application, support, sales, rewards program are all top notch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used many different remote control products over the years and Bomgar Remote Support is by far the best application and company to deal with that I have experienced.

Bomgar Remote Support has drastically reduced the number of trips that is required to or remote location and provided our IT help desk with a tool that saves lots of time when assisting users.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Lew P.
Lew P.

"Bomgar is a life saver"

What do you like best?

The ability to support our internal and external users and our servers from anywhere. Bomgar is easy to use from a IT support standard and our users find it simple to connect their devices to the site for support. We can support Surface tablets or Samsung phones with ease and solve problems quickly without requiring remote users to come to the office.

What do you dislike?

There are some functions I would prefer to see, but there is nothing I dislike and Bomgar listens to its users and continues to improve the product.

Remote user support is the biggest one, we also can pin our servers in Bomgar and access them remotely and securely. We can then fix issues without having to come into the office at 3AM.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Ion S.
Ion S.

"Could be improved"

What do you like best?

It seems secure so that's good. Can send the link via email to the user. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to use it. Actually, I had very few user not able to quickly find the download and run in a couple of seconds.

What do you dislike?

You have to use IE to use it and if java has to be reinstalled then you're in big trouble as you need java to be connected. The user has to click through a ton of confirmations and if you need admin rights on the computer, double that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try both Dameware and Bomgar and see which one works best for you

Securely have access to user's computers

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Matthew W.
Matthew W.

"Top notch remote desktop/help desk software"

What do you like best?

Reporting and administration are far better than TeamViewer or SolarWinds. The new web console is handy when using Chromebooks for support, however the client side of supporting Chromebooks leaves some room for improvement. The flexibility of the Virtual Appliance vs the appliance has been a positive benefit since we upgraded.

What do you dislike?

The new click to chat feature seems like a step backward for most cases as you need to install the full customer client to do anything other than chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While not the cheapest option, the quality of the software makes up for the higher price.

We provide remote support via telephone when possible to minimize on-site visits. Jump clients allow us easier access to clients that need additional support without having to go through VPNs.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Bomgar is a great solution for multi-platform remote support!"

What do you like best?

The functionality is exactly what we need, which is the ability to support all platforms regardless of the device's type, status, or location, and also to provide all of the functionality we're looking for in a remote support tool. We are also excited about the security and privacy model that Bomgar offers.

What do you dislike?

Apps for support staff can be a little clunky (non-native in appearance) and visually overwhelming at first. Mobile app (iOS) feature set could be improved to better match what is offered in the desktop client on Windows/macOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool for remote support, due to geography, and you need to support multiple platforms, Bomgar is the one you should look at first.

We are building a second remote campus we will need to support, in addition to additional support to faculty and staff working from home.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Devan C.
Devan C.

"Bomgar and Drop the Mic!"

What do you like best?

Bomgar is an amazing IT remote tool. It is way better than any tool that we have tested and used at our service desk. We can remote to any computer and support them in ways other tools cannot such as full control of the computer, access to system information, lists of programs and updates installed, and much more.

What do you dislike?

It helps us with computers on or off our network whether they are domain connected or not. We don't like it, we love it!

Bomgar has changed the way our Service Desk supports our company. You should try it out and see what it can do for you and your company.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Helpful with supporting users and integrates with other software"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with our Ghost Solutions Suite software, and NodeName scheme. It works well upon reboot, auto-reconnects. It has very little latency, and it works pretty well with network bandwidth. because we implelemt a node name scheme, that includes campus code, building code, department code, a unique asset tag number and the type of computer it is (Mac, PC, Linux, virtual, etc) it is easy to communicate with the customer to get these type of information to remote control their PC/Mac/etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the message box function does not have many functions. I wish there was the ability to transfer files, especially for when we use this to remote desktop connect with our test machines. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to send images, files, etc. There is a chat box, but it is very limited, only being able to send text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use additional management tools its great! I have not looked into the pricing scheme, I do just wish that I could use it for personal support, but it is very "industrial" and not for home use. If you want to use it for home use, it might be very difficult to implement.

Helping to get actual screenshots, helping users complete tasks. It easily connects our two campuses, and allows someone at CSB to help someone at SJU because the computers are all linked together and use the same systems.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Best Remote Support tool I've used"

What do you like best?

The sheer number of useful features is amazing. Having unattended remote support access to > 1000 of our customers' servers and PCs, with access permission restricted by team has saved untold hours. The session recordings have saved our bacon on a number of occasions, whether it be for liability purposes, just checking a product key that maybe got documented incorrectly, to reviewing a tech's interaction with customers for coaching, etc.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue our company has with Bomgar is it's price tag. We already have remote support built into our network monitoring system but Bomgar is so much better we are still willing to pay for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is truly a great product if you can afford it.

Higher customer satisfaction and increased productivity are the number one benefits. It significantly increases the security for our customers as well - our rep console requires a 2FA login, and we can restrict access privilege by team or individually. It has been a good sales tool for us to be able to tell our customers that all of our work is recorded as well.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Pam T.
Pam T.

"Bomgar is great for hand's on support"

What do you like best?

What I list best about Bomgar is the fact that I can see and experience the issue being reported by the end-user and have hands-on capabilities to help resolve an issue.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is a little cumbersome with the product is that Bomgar continue to polls the user about being logged in, which sometimes pops up when performing other application duties that can get in the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a wonderful remote support tool

Bomgar has helped several IT departments across the university campus to assist our faculty, staff & students at a more quickly, especially when the description of the issue would require the technician to view the problem being reported at the time.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Logan Y.
Logan Y.

"East basic Remote support tool"

What do you like best?

Bomgar is easy to use. I never used any of the others because they were more complicated. It is easier connect without sending a request just having them navigate to our site.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes multiple steps to get approved to fully control the users computer. This is probably because of their security settings but its annoying. Would be great if they could just approve once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the extra for the landing pages and customization. Its really a deal breaker and makes it way easier then reading out codes or hoping to email a link to your users.

We are better able to support our remote users. We are also able to remote into mobile devices which we could not do before.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Ed A.
Ed A.

"Easy to use, easy to connect"

What do you like best?

This program allows IT to easily take control of a user's computer remotely to help troubleshoot issues. Users are asked for their permission to transfer control for each session, and the program will pop up with an IM/dialog box for the IT support and the user to communicate in real time as troubleshooting occurs. The user typically will see a little icon in the upper right corner of their screen to show when someone else has control of their computer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it has a little trouble when the user and the IT person have multiple screens, but this is easily avoided if the user simply moves the necessary windows to their main screen for the IT support. IT support is able to see both screens if that is too difficult.

As a large business with many of our IT staff in headquarters across state lines, this has solved the need to have local IT support except for emergencies. IT staff can connect in seconds and be able to fix issues that usually would require an in-person visit.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Bomgar - How did we make it without you?"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Bomgar is constantly evolving and improving their product to fit the many needs of those who use it. They are also very open to ideas from their customers and should something need attention, their support is top notch. Security is one of the biggest features Bomgar has to offer. They are leaps and bounds above the competition. That goes a long way with our end users who are already concerned with remote access. Bomgar makes us look good and secure. That means a lot in today's ever-changing world of technology.

What do you dislike?

Pricey but you get what you pay for and that makes it worth every penny.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While their may be cheaper or even free options when it comes to remote managment, look at Bomgar as a way to not only do more but with the security involved, you have the added benefit of reassuring your end users information will not be compromised. You also have a video and chat history in the event you need to re-visit a remote session. Bomgar is more than remote sessions. It's how we do business.

We are able to resolve end user issues, train on new software, do standard computer maintenance and being an on-tap resource for end user questions. We have realized this is the end all solution for allowing outside vendors access, administrator control over servers, chat relay for student helpdesk and support,

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Shannon M.
Shannon M.

"Good remote support software especially for out of office staff"

What do you like best?

We use this software for our tech support and it is a really great way for us to give the IT staff access to each computer to assist when a problem occurs. This system is very easy to use and very helpful for our out of office employees to use. I really like this program.

What do you dislike?

To date I have not had any issues with the software and really have no complaints or dislikes at this point. If I had one thing to mention, it would be that the program can sometimes have a glitch which causes the user to shut down the program and sign in again. Over all this is the only issue that I have experienced in my use of Bomgar Remote Support program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program if you are looking for an easy to use remote support system that will allow outside employs or staff to remotely access in-office computers. This is particularly helpful for IT and customer service use.

The benefits that we have seen with this software is ease of access for technical support which greatly helps us as our IT staff works outside of the office. They are able to do tech support remotely to help with any issues we might be experiencing. Many of our employees work outside of the office doing sales, so this program also comes in handy for accessing laptops and other devices to run support when needed.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Anna d.
Anna d.

"Astonishing Remote Support Software"

What do you like best?

Everything it has raise the bar on other Remote Support Software... be far the best one that I have ever used. Multi platform support, easy access to get the help needed, easy to run, and all in one tools in order to diagnose/troubleshoot/fix issues. All the tools are at the tip of your keyboard.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike to the contrary the more use it the more I love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

End users love the support provided from you via Bomgar.... they show you what is wrong alleviating the frustration of describing the issue which gives you a great advantage for a great support towards your customer... also increases the confidence of privacy because they can also see everything that you are doing inorder to fix the issue and in case their credential or login is needed they can you provide that. ONE POINT OF SERVICE

In the representative side all in one tools you have different option not only the diagnose/troubleshoot/repair also back up information, transfer tools from desktop to desktop, run as options, save credentials in case you need to restart and customer is not available to log back in, feedback form the end user, documentation via video and or scripts of the work performed. LOVE BOMGAR .

From Basic like set up a printer or home page or updates.... to advanced virus infections, data recovery, and much more. Virtual environment troubleshooting and solving, Board meeting assistance with presentation mode far the best.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Meghan C.
Meghan C.

"Awesome Remote Software"

What do you like best?

My company has used many different remote softwares in the past year and this has been the one we've ultimately switched over to. Bomgar has all the best features of the other options in one. I like the ease of getting people onto Bomgar, especially those who are less technically skilled. I love the "jump client" option to get onto someone's computer without them needing to get us on. That's been a lifesaver for our technicians and something the other remote software systems didn't offer.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about it. For my company, we have a number of licenses that anyone can login to use. The thing I dislike is the general queue of remotes once logged in. I'm never really sure where those come from or who is using them but overall, Bomgar is fantastic.

We have been able to successfully implement, train, and continue to support all our clients using remote software and Bomgar has been our primary tool in doing that. Every representative in our Client Success department uses Bomgar multiple times a day and has found ease in using this software over others. It was very easy to implement with our reps when we made the change from the different softwares we were trying.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Amazing support tool"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to support users inside and outside our network. We have employees that work from home or travel overseas and still need support. We no longer have to force them download a program like GoToMeeting or instruct them to connect to the VPN. We can now just use Bomgar, by sending them an email or a Session Key.

What do you dislike?

The screen area is smaller than RDP, but that is because there is the chat window along with all the available tools. The small screen area would be my only complaint, but the functionality makes it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should probably stop using whatever you're using and start using Bomgar.

We are able to solve all sorts or problems. As long as there is an Internet connection we can take a look at whatever issue they are having and help them solve it. We can help them connect to the domain, figure out an email issue or restart their computer for them. This tool helps us be able to give support to many more employees.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Alan G.
Alan G.

"It's not Marmite (everyone loves it)"

What do you like best?

I love the way it brings a lot of remote support tools into one console so you don't need to know some of the more advanced techniques to deliver support (e.g. opening remote session within registry editor, using admin$ etc) but what I think is even better is the canned scripts.

I can create a canned script to run routine but advanced tasks on remote system but then make it available to the service desk enabling a semi-skilled SDA to complete tasks that would normally be passed back to 2nd and 3rd line support. Not only does this increase the first fix rating, it also (as I've been told by the SDM) adds to the moral of the SD team as they feel trusted and empowered.

The session reporting is very useful for recording complex issues and can be used for training.

One thing that really does raise Bomgar above the competition is their excellent customer service, which I have not even seen matched let alone bettered!

What do you dislike?

Well, I have to say I'm struggling with this part. Maybe I'd like to see the individual licence fee come down a bit, not that it isn't value for money, it's just we have a limited budget so cannot afford as many as we'd like.

It's worth noting here though that Bomgar have supported us (a non-profit university) in this area but giving a generous discount and 'loaned' us an extra couple of licences (for free) when we really needed them for a short time but simply didn't have the money to buy them...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go, you will be more impressed with the support provided before AND after you've bought it.

Bomgar is an excellent tool to help solve day-to-day computer issues remotely reducing the need for desk side visits...

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Cam P.
Cam P.

"Bomgar - One of our best purchase decisions"

What do you like best?

Bomgar gives support professionals unequaled control of endpoint devices. Works with desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones. So easy to use, even the most basic end user can connect and get assistance.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see is the ability to hear the audio from the endpoint device. This would greatly help in troubleshooting remote meetings and sound card issues.

With limited personnel and a wide geographic area to cover, Bomgar has enabled us to increase our response time on issues, which greatly increases our employees productivity. It also reduced our travel expenses by at least 50%.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Jason A. T.
Jason A. T.

"Fantastic product with an incredible feature set and great support!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the Jump Client functionality and Mobile Rep Console - I can support any of my systems from anywhere as long as there's an Internet connection. Their most recent release added an HTML5 web console as well, so now I don't even need the full client software!

What do you dislike?

Really not that much - per-agent pricing is a bit high for my tastes, but they use concurrent licensing instead of per-seat licensing so it takes some of the sting off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to offer responsive remote support, look no further. This system does it all, plus some.

Quick and easy remote access and management - I can get to any of my systems from anywhere. One of the biggest benefits we've had is that our speed-of-support has skyrocketed. We can generally be on a user's system in seconds after the call starts, see exactly what they're seeing on the screen and/or walk them through a question or fix, and have them back to work in minutes. No more onsite visits or appointments to fix issues, we're real-time now.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"Best Remote Software ever"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use is amazing. A toddler could figure out how to use it

Features Galore- I can do almost anything with this software remotely. Administration and even unattended access

SECURITY! - its all secure. It is the most secure solution I have found.

Concurrent licensing. I dont need a license per seat as users log in to connect for support or remote access and then log off. 50 licenses can really take care of about 200+people if used properly. You can also set access limits which make licencing a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Frequency of updates - This makes it hard to keep up to date and have new features when I have to update so frequently. Other than that there really isn't much I dislike.

Helpdesk support is now universalized. It is inexpensive as well, per tech.

Secure remote access - we have had a problem with shadow IT and this resolves a major problem for remote support. VNC is not secure and Daemware isn't either. Having a solution that is on prem and encrypted makes life so much easier. MFA or SSO really add to the security. You can also get a FIPS certified appliance.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Travis S.
Travis S.

"Bomgar Review"

What do you like best?

The convenience of having a remote system that is easily accessed on the fly if need be. Even if I'm away on a trip, I can always find a PC if needed, and in a matter of minutes have a full Bomgar experience that I can use to jump into my PC at home or at the office. Also simple to use interface. I can easily connect to a users PC or a site's server in a matter of seconds. At times I'm needing to check IP information or see if any routes are in place on the PC's admin network to configure certain applications. While checking other users information, I'm able to use the command shell on the back end to get the information I'm looking for without interrupting their work which is a huge convenience.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how quick the timeout's are. During certain large file transfers or virus scans, I will have a process running, step away for lunch, come back and I've lost my session.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend for ease of use and top notch security for business and clients.

We solve various day to day trouble shooting on work place PCs. Anything from setting up business applications, to troubleshooting errors and removing malware. I have seen that from a business stand point, our users enjoy being able to get a quick 30 minute remote session with us to resolve an issue rather than sending out an on-site technician that will charge them $70+ an hour.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by John R.
John R.

"Simplicity at it's finest."

What do you like best?

The user interface is easily my favorite thing about this client. It is complexity, simplified.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to conjure anything I dislike about this client. If there was anything I could improve it would be the seldom disconnections I have experienced over the few years i have used this client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give Bomgar the opportunity to win you over. No other remote client comes remotely close to the benefits Bomgar offers. This is the End all-Be all client. On a day to day basis, my job relies heavily on a remote client that will work 100% of the time without hiccup and our company chose Bomgar. To this day Bomgar continues to rise to the occasion and provide uncanny remote support. I could not imagine what i would do without it. I have tried several different clients such as Join.me, Teamviewer, gotomeeting, Log me in, and nothing, simply nothing compares. Give Bomgar a try, you will not be disappointed.

I work with clients directly and connect to their machines to address issues they experience. The benefits of this client are endless. A user-friendly interface simplifies my job.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Crystal P.
Crystal P.

"Bomgar is a time saver"

What do you like best?

when we are troubleshooting program issues, I can get in and get out, so to speak. when using for daily use, I use the unattended jump client to keep up with system updates and other maintenance. Best Remote support tool available. There is so much you can do.

What do you dislike?

So what I don't like is, that for our small organization, the tool is a bit clunky. Meaning that there are so many more features hidden deep in the settings, that we will never use. Or can't figure out since we haven't had a need 'yet'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the only support tool you need! this product offers many options if you need them and you can ask for new features through their support website.

Day to day program issues for a proprietary patient data collection system. The largest benefit of Bomgar is that you can view the screen as the user works to aid in identifying the issues. You can take control when needed to collect information and you don't have to worry about talking the end user through how to get to a location and find info.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"You're calling in from where???"

What do you like best?

It is great to be able to share desktops with a user who is having problems with their laptop or computer offsite. It doesn't even have to be a computer owned by our company.

What do you dislike?

Not Bomgar's problem, but because so many users use high def monitors, when it translates over to our remote session, sometimes it's hard to click the mouse in exactly the right place. It's also hard to set up our equipment to allow an administrator password (our users do not have admin rights).

Recommendations to others considering the product

if there is software installation/removal/etc, and your user doesn't have admin rights, there is a lot of work on the front end to get it working to not blank the screen when it asks for an admin password. For typical desktop support, it's great

remote access to users offsite to help resolve computer problems

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Joshua D.
Joshua D.

"Highly functional remote support suite"

What do you like best?

Being able to quickly and easily establish a support connection via the built in support portal website. The power of being able to elevate authority and execute administrative tasks directly via the bomgar client. Support for multiple monitors and full screen views. Able to log out of windows session and stay connected to the machine being supported. Connect with external users or non-network users easily.

What do you dislike?

I haven't encountered anything I could honestly say I dislike. It's been an incredibly useful support tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a complete remote support solution, I think you'll be very happy with Bomgar. It's very user friendly and extremely powerful.

Remote desktop support. Remote troubleshooting and issues remediation.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Tracy R.
Tracy R.

"Bomgar is the best support tool we have ever used! It's simple and easy for our users."

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and ease of use to support our staff worldwide. It is the simplest and most comprehensive support tool our IT Department has ever used.

What do you dislike?

The ability to control IOS devices but this is not a bomgar issue it is an apple issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely consider Bomgar. They have not had any issues with breached passwords like TeamViewer and Join.me.

Our biggest problem was supporting our traveling staff with small support windows to help them fix their problems on their pc's, mac's, and ipads. Bomgar let's us do it quickly and efficiently.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Powerful remote desktop support tool "

What do you like best?

This product can be used to remote into any device, not just a laptop. We have used it to troubleshoot devices like iPads and, iPhone. I like that you can see instantly jump into computers with jump clients installed. Also, you can see the real-time status of all jump client with last time accessed. I like the interface design so you can keep track of multiple sessions that can occur at the same time. I like the integration with

What do you dislike?

The process to connect the remote user can be difficult. The webpage used to start session relies on clear communication of the web address and also a bit of understanding from the end users on how to download the client. Lacks window phone app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are several options on the market that can perform similar tasks. Try other solutions to see what you need then try this product.

We previously the Help desk did not have a remote desktop solution. This is product is leaps and bounds about the other freeware products we were using before. Often we would have to visit uses to resolve simple issues now this is all done remotely with a branded licenses.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Shauna S.
Shauna S.

"Bomgar: The Go-to Product for Troubleshooting!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love working with this product! It allows IT to access major areas of my system and effectively troubleshoot and remedy situations that arise in a quick and efficient manner! Absolutely LOVE Bomgar!

I have had serious system issues and without the connectivity and access that Bomagr provides, my problems could have been much worse. IT from a few different companies I have worked with have all used Bomgar as a way to remedy those problems that arise that also require quick access to our computers as well as instant access and control of our desktop or other programs. This is an amazing product and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a top grade program!

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have ever run into with Bomgar is sometimes it can take forever to load. I am unsure if it was the system or programs running in the background, but this is the only issue I have ever had with Bomgar.

Bomgar is amazing at allowing problems such as packet loss, and other items that may be causing issues in a virtual workplace. Working from home, we have many issues that may arise such as VPN issues, packet loss, etc... Bomgar allows other programs to run in the background while also running the program itself. I have had ping tests and other tests run in the background and Bomgar does not bat an eye!

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by William B.
William B.

"Bomgar Remote Review"

What do you like best?

It's really hard to pick out a favorite feature of Bomgar. There are so many that I like, from being able to use canned scripts to being able to transfer files and view system information in the background, it is really a very nice system.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that I dislike is pretty much an institutional issue, there is a 15 minute no use time out, it can be irritating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Bomgar to anyone needing it for remote support of user machines.

We use it for everyday desktop support issues, so fairly standard trouble shooting.

It enables me to do almost whatever I need to to the machine without me having to make the, in most cases 15 minute trip to the user's computer.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Juan F.
Juan F.

"Awesome Remote support software."

What do you like best?

I like that I can save the customer computer for pending fixes and tag them for knowing what customer it belongs to.

Also the fact that i can transfer files and terminate services, see most specs of computer.

What do you dislike?

I actually dont dislike anything. It has everything I need to do my job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont bother with other software when this one can do most of what you need for business.

I remote into customers computers and try to resolve our program problems. The benefits are that the customer grants us access and they can disconnect anytime they dont feel comfortable.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Steve M.
Steve M.

"Very good remote support tool"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it's very secure and reliable. Sessions are easy to start and I like the fact they are logged. This makes for a HIPAA compliant solution, which we need.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the licenses can be a bit on the prohibitive side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that Bomgar would have all the functionality you need but compare that list of requirements with other solutions that may be cheaper. Don't forget that Bomgar has very good technical support as well.

HIPAA compliance, integration with our Helpdesk software system. Session logging.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Nathan W.
Nathan W.

"Bomgar - Best Remote Tool Available"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the product. Even if you've never used it before for remote support, it is very intuitive and you can figure it our very easily and quickly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I don't have a chat schedule where I can input hours of chat availability.

We are able to reset passwords, install software, update drivers, and many other computer support tasks for our many customers. Bomgar allows us to resolve tickets faster because we no longer have to do site visits for problems that can be resolved remotely.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Scott P.
Scott P.

"Bomgar. You need this appliance"

What do you like best?

Ive been using Bomgar for 10 plus years. I am always an early adopter of the latest and greatest versions. I tell everyone about it. Bomgar is my # tool I use for my day to day needs

What do you dislike?

I like it all, except Id like to transfer files from one server to another without saving to my local client first

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bomgar is the Rolls Royce of remote support. I have never used a tool so easy and secure. If you are shopping around for remote support, stop here. Bomgar is the one for you.

I am connected to Bomgar on a daily basis. I use it to support my servers and clients. I also have a team that uses it. We have IT personnel in NH, RI, MA, and Chicago

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Donald M.
Donald M.

"Bomgar, one of the best"

What do you like best?

I like how much control I have, I use it mostly in a support capacity, but I can do anything I need to do. User doesn't click the links you need to start the client? It's okay...jump to their machine. Person keeps clicking around as you're trying to do whatever you need to do? Disable their input.

What do you dislike?

It's not very intuitive, at least not at my organization, I had to figure out Bomgar by playing around with it. But once I figured it out...it was great.

We are using it as our remote support tool. It's very useful for our non-english speaking users and our remote users.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Using Bomgar"

What do you like best?

This allows me to provide IT support to our callers -- it is fairly straight forward. It also was able to allow us a chat box so we did not have to continue to be on the phone with the individual and allowed a restriction of privileges unless otherwise asked. For what we used it for, it seemed secure.

What do you dislike?

We can only use up to 3 remote sessions at one time -- it is also difficult to learn from the manual given, it takes time to learn where everything is and what everything means. These difficulties can be solved with time using and a good trainer. The best way to learn is to use it hands on versus read a manual about how to use. But otherwise, it had all the basic functions i needed. . although it might be nice if the program had more instructions on how to help a caller as it was difficult at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a new user it is hard to learn where everything is and how to use everything. I found that the manual was most difficult to read from and understand and it was better to learn by someone teaching you hands on experience. Otherwise for the purpose we used it for it was useful and beneficial for our team. There were minor technical difficulties we could fix ourselves and had quick responses from the Bomgar support.

For pricing - I am unsure how much the company spent on this.

We are utilizing it to solve IT problems remotely for students, staff, and faculty of my institution. This helps the individual receive the tech support they need in the most convenient matter possible. It lowers foot traffic in our offices and allows all techs to work on multiple projects at one time.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Corbett E.
Corbett E.

"Enterprise support via remote control with ease"

What do you like best?

The best features for remote support is the "directory" listing of all your computers that have the jump client loaded (online and offline computers). Also you can support people on personal computers via the web interface portal without the need for the agent software to be preinstalled.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could grab a larger "screen shot" of any client connected without engaging the support session. Some times we need to remotely support a computer but don't want to disrupt an active user. The administrator console will show a very small thumbnail view of their screen, I wish I could get a bigger one by clicking but can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The directory of computers in additional to the web portal make this a perfect solution.

Supporting geographically dispersed user base.

BeyondTrust Remote Support review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"1k% better than pcA"

What do you like best?

We're just about wrapping up our first year with Bomgar and I must say it's an amazing product, especially after coming from pcAnywhere. I've been able to easily integrate Bomgar remote control links into our 2 deployment tools so techs can simply right click on a computer and select remote control with Bomgar and it instantly starts a remote control session. We've also been able to replace our use of Teamviewer for controlling external pc's as well saving us money and only needing one tool for remote control.

The additional features are just icing on the cake. I can remote registry, command prompt, process, etc... all from one tool.

What do you dislike?

Price is more expensive than what we were paying for our other solutions.

Local and remote remote control.

Learning about BeyondTrust Remote Support?

* We monitor all BeyondTrust Remote Support reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.