BigCommerce

Everything you need to create a successful online store. Create your store. Promote your business. Grow your sales.

Work for BigCommerce?

Learning about BigCommerce?

BigCommerce Reviews

Ask BigCommerce a Question
Showing 201 BigCommerce reviews
BigCommerce review by <span>Jeff J.</span>
Jeff J.

"Good product, better service"

What do you like best?

Their customer support is top notch, if you have a problem they are more than willing to help out.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Office365, is less than ideal. After switching to O365 for exchange, all of our order confirmation e-mails were getting black listed. This is due to a range of the IP's they use being black listed by SpamHaus. So I had to setup the MX and TXT records for demarc and use their mail server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a great service, and provide fantastic support to back it up. The main issue would be if you are using Office 365 for mail/exchange. If so, then you currently won't be able to use it to send order confirmation e-mails. If you try, they won't make it out, due to being black listed. But if you setup the MX and TXT records for your demarc, then you can use their mail server and everything seems to work just fine.

When sending out order e-mails through the O365 mail server, they get bounce backs because of a IP blacklisting. But going through their mail server there is no problems.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BigCommerce
BigCommerce review by <span>Roselee H.</span>
Roselee H.

"Sturdy platform, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Big Commerce is a very easy-to-use platform that anyone can learn and use. Ability to manage more than 100 products, as well as 100 + promotional codes. It's simple and convenient to operate. The configuration of the interface is quite large, and anyone who knows CSS and HTML can easily edit the system. This gives you the opportunity to add the sensation of your company to the entire site and makes the transition from other CMS invisible. Excellent customer service, ease of use and a solid platform.

What do you dislike?

They used to have an application on which I could watch sales and orders on my phone, but they do not offer it anymore. And I would be very helpful, not enough of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After extensive search and marketing research, I chose BigCommerce and is very satisfied with my decision. This seems to be a very good platform for beginning and growth. There are several levels available, and the platform can grow with your company.

Bigcommerce allowed me to create a more professional website without spending a lot of money.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

BigCommerce review by <span>Florrie E.</span>
Florrie E.

"Wonderful platform with which nice to increase trade."

What do you like best?

I can create my site as I want. I have the most open control of payments and shipping. The opportunity to drive more movement, convert more guest and with no problem selling on plural channels from a single position.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad problems with this software. I guess everything works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this platform, you will build an amazing online store by using the latest features. You will have the best experience for search rankings, quicker page loads and higher converting. Also with analytics system, you will see your important metrics.

For us, it is the big time saver. Great to have full control the online sales way of our company. With this platform, we can increase trade, upgrade our business and try to new channels. It is really easy to study and designed to grow with our company.

BigCommerce review by <span>Mary I.</span>
Mary I.

"BigCommerce has grown my business by leaps and bounds"

What do you like best?

The variety of features available, the excellent customer service and the constant enhancements offered by this platform. BigCommerce keeps the consumer in mind and works hard to help its users to run a profitable business. It is very competitive and stays on top in the market.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing comes to mind at all. If I were to be forced to find something I dislike, I would have to say

it is not being able to send a message to the customer in the shipping notification email/message. This feature was previously available but with one of the enhancements it became no longer available.

One is able to send a message via the printed packing slip but unfortunately I do not utilize this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You will not regret it. The learning curve is very short and you will be pleased with the excellent customer service and the progressive thinking shown by the BigCommerce software.

Being able to get my products before customers without the need for a mortar and brick store.

BigCommerce has allowed me to sell my products nationwide and I have benefited majorly from the many features the platform offer, the excellent customer service and the ongoing enhancements to the platform - there is always something new and exciting with BigCommerce.

BigCommerce review by <span>Michelle B.</span>
Michelle B.

"I'm glad I made the switch"

What do you like best?

BC is more e-commerce focused for businesses at any level. From small start ups to large scale companies. The growth possibilities are endless from multiple selling platform integrations, email lists, customer accounts, wholesale accounts, coupon codes for customers, customer driven product recommendations, professional looking site, AMAZING customer service, and the list goes on. The analytics alone are amazing. I feel as if I am looking at google analytics. They are very thorough and have thought of almost everything.

What do you dislike?

The price is high ,but honestly, I've never been happier with my website. I also would love to have an email address for customers that leave feedback. I believe it's important to respond to both positive and negative reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They say you get what you pay for. Very true. I made a huge jump in how much I paid when I switched over, but honestly I should have done it sooner. It had every feature I needed for an ecommerce business.

I now have endless options for growth. There are many features that I don't need currently, but have the option of growing into later without paying more.

BigCommerce review by <span>Paul C.</span>
Paul C.

"The top choice for eCommerce platforms - LOTS of integrations"

What do you like best?

There are quite a few unique themes to choose from. The designers and community have really made some great looking sites to represent my brand. Customer support is absolutely amazing. They are dedicated and knowledgeable about the best options for me, not the most expensive. And speaking of cost, BigCommerce is insanely scalable. The platform can handle a huge number of orders.

What do you dislike?

There are limited CSS alterations. I have tried to make some style changes that are definitely hidden due to the proprietary nature of the theme I bought. Since I already pay for the site, paying for the app seems kind of unnecessary and I haven't downloaded it because it's not free. I use Zoho for the rest of my business including their CRM and email. (I'd prefer BigCommerce to be my one-stop shop, but a guy can dream)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about ALL the things you want to do: Sell on Amazon, sell on eBay, sell on etsy, sell on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, newsletters, make ads, show reviews on the site, have a live social media feed... the list really is endless. If you can find all of those elsewhere (spoiler: you can't) then go for it. You'll come back to BigCommerce. To be honest, their customer service is incredible!

Creating a hub for education of product using partner add-ons has been incredibly easy with the vast number of 3rd party partners. The options are nearly endless and the integrations keep growing. Just got notified today about selling on Instagram soon. Very proactive. We've been able to generate leads through our efforts with Big Commerce, as well as selling on social channels. Love this company.

BigCommerce review by <span>Natalie C.</span>
Natalie C.

"Easy to use platform with excellent integrations & capabilities"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use paired with the professional appearance. I was able to set up my store and learn the back end in a matter of a couple of hours. I was able to get started without the need to learn all aspects and utilize additional features as I found a need.

What do you dislike?

The new ebay integration could use some functionalities to make listings look better. I am exploring options to apply templates etc. Was using inkfrog app which has its benefits (visual) but also weaknesses (problems syncing) - looking forward to getting the direct BigCommerce Ebay channel fully functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I especially love that this platform is expandable. You can start small and pay only for what you use. When you grow, only then do you pay more. You also have a plethora of add-ons at your disposal, both free and paid. I am currently integrated with Ebay and considering expanding to Amazon because it is just so easy!

I am able to let my online store 'run itself' and when I have an order, the ease of getting it filled and shipped are wonderful.

BigCommerce review by <span>Regan M.</span>
Regan M.

"BigCommerce is excellent at getting you started."

What do you like best?

They made it easy to start an online business. Their how to's showed pictures and gave great detail. They customer service is great. They have a community where I can ask questions of other customers and several help topics I can look thru. They also have a BC University that helped me learn a lot about how my store works and how to help in marketing it.

What do you dislike?

I have some issues with customers only being able to use one coupon code at a time.

And I'd like a little more freedom in the blog section. I can't schedule my blogs and I can't use it for ads, etc. This makes it a little difficult when I'm told that I need to draw traffic to my blog which is on my store site.

I am having some problems connecting my merchandise with Amazon. I've had customer service look into it and they aren't really sure what the problem is except that I show variation in clothing sizes. Which is a problem because we mainly sell clothing in different sizes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a great price for small new stores. It's worth trying for how cheap it is. You can always easily upgrade.

We are online only and had no idea how to set up a store. BigCommerce helped us set it up and make it work great as look great too.

They are constantly upgrading and making changes based on their customers needs. Like adding Amazon, Amazon Pay (which people love) and soon, shops on Instagram.

BigCommerce review by <span>Megan B.</span>
Megan B.

"BigCommerce is great!"

What do you like best?

I highly recommend BigCommerce. It's so easy to use, and really helped me when I started building my store. I had started off on Etsy and really wanted to branch out and create my own store. I didn't know the first thing about how to start my own, and BigCommerce made it extremely easy to figure out. The layouts/themes they have available are easy to edit, and you'll have your store up and running in no time.

BigCommerce was the most reasonably priced that I came across, and they offer so much more than other places that I researched. I recommend them to everyone I know who is a small business owner, and I am completely satisfied with my experience using BigCommerce!

What do you dislike?

I have not disliked anything so far, and I've been using it for more than a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed! Reasonably priced and easy to use, BigCommerce is definitely worth it.

I love the way their stats page is set up, it makes it so easy to learn more about my sales and customers.

BigCommerce review by <span>Eric H.</span>
Eric H.

"Most Simple Yet Full-featured eCommerce Solution"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the ability to customize the design or the options to do exactly what I need. BigCommerce offers easy to customize theme files that allow me to edit exactly what I need easily and quickly.

What do you dislike?

Lack of free themes after the update to Stencil from Blueprint. Some ecommerce solutions like Shopify offer their customers more free themes to choose from which can then be customized. While BigCommerce does offer online customizations without the need for any html more free themes would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BigCommerce is the way to go for a professional ecommerce site that gets sales and helps your business grow. Other platforms are hit or miss with many features.

We struggled to find a way to sell our products online. Our products are highly customized and require a lot of options and swatches, as well as rules, BigCommerce has allowed us to sell online easier than any other platform has. After trying Squarespace we quickly realized it wasn't made for robust items and then we tried BigCommerce and we were blown away.

BigCommerce review by <span>Geary M.</span>
Geary M.

"Best Ecommerce Platform - Period!"

What do you like best?

Unlike others, Bigcommerce does not charge transaction fees nor do they required you to use their internal merchant credit card provider. Their support is fantastic and it's 24/7. I track my site with "Site UpTime" and BC is NEVER down. I mean never. At this point, we are extremely happy with the services that they provide.

What do you dislike?

Vetting your App's. I would like to see a better vetting of App's inside their marketplace. Some of them are not ready for PrimeTime. It's not a "Dislike" but I would like to see a Native Mobile App integration from BC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked long and hard at: Shopify and Volusion. BigCommerce won out with us because of the "No Strings Attached" programs. No Transaction fees, No Merchant Processing Fees, etc. BC as a company is definitely on the rise. They have fantastic transparency and are open to new ideas.

BC allows us to have a reliable and seamless ecommerce solution for our customers. It has been one of the main factors in our companies sales growth.

BigCommerce review by <span>Denise H.</span>
Denise H.

"Fits my business pretty well"

What do you like best?

Automatic synchronizing with FaceBook, Pinterest, Square.

What do you dislike?

Templates for subscription only have email and since it's not "required" (in BC) to have first and or last name as well, templates exclude them and don't provide an easy way to include them without hacking them. On one template I was able to change a little code and include them, but not on my second one. All the experts say that capturing at least a first name and using that in the newsletter, is a way to personalize the message. This lack of ability to easily include names with subscribers doesn't make any sense to me at all.

In addition, all products I've tried do not have a good strategy for one of a kind merchandise. There should be a better way to organize by collections or better yet, a way to organize by a user-supplied criteria. I find it challenging to present multiple images of an item, yet include it with other items without repeating information. (For instance, I may make 20 pairs of pearl earrings, but each is slightly different, not to mention the pearls themselves are different sizes, shapes, or colors. A customer is going to purchase a specific piece based on the appearance, size, hook, etc. However, they all can be described in a similar fashion.) Research says google punishes you for repeating the same information over and over again, but the structures in the industry don't support the one-of-a-kind model easily. I always seem to be kludging something to make it work and then it can be awkward to the shopper. (In the example above, I ended up putting a group of them together as options, but this requires additional descriptions and photos need to include the item number in the corner of the picture.) I think all products face this challenge, but don't want to invest in a solution because as a percentage of their business, we [one-of-a-kind artists] are only a small percent of their income.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am a one-person proprietor and am my own technical team. Since every product has areas for improvement, Big Commerce is a good solution. Most of the time, I can get what I want working. Do your homework on which features are important to you for the cost. BC is worth it for me. I do have a few things I wish they would improve, but all other products I used were also similarly challenged.

Online store for one of a kind handmade jewelry. Professional site that I can maintain. Hoping synch with FB, Pinterest, and Square will produce online customers. So far, not yet.

BigCommerce review by <span>Saniya R.</span>
Saniya R.

"Earn Easy Money"

What do you like best?

Being a large application store, I can add more advanced tools if needed like auto responders, creating coupons and a secure payment method among others. It is easy to use and setting up your online store is not even time consuming. Their support agents are there to assist you in any way possible and BigComerce has an excellent team which is taking care of hundreds of store owners throughout the world.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many complains from BigCommerce. However, I think the number of themes to choose from are quite limited and it can be a problem if the theme does not match with the product. Along with this, one major disadvantage is the lack of application on the Play store or on the Apple App Store so owners are constrained to not manage their store while on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to businesses who would like to expand. BigCommerce is the best online market place to sell your products with almost no investment. Increase your customers and hence your sales just by going online.

With just little to no effort I have been able to earn more by expanding my reach to new customers. My brand can only be successful if I have a lot of customers and even though I have a retail business already, having an online store with almost no paid-up capital helps me in earning more. My inventory is managed itself, payments are received and even discounts are given, all with almost no direct supervision. And also because of BigCommerce and its integration on different social media platforms, my brand is even getting popular

BigCommerce review by <span>Joi S.</span>
Joi S.

"I would highly recommend BigCommerce for small business"

What do you like best?

The best thing about BigCommerce is that it is user-friendly and the support staff is always available via chat. When I have questions (which happens a lot :) it's great to know that there is a REAL person there to help. It also plays well with other platforms such as PayPal, etc.

What do you dislike?

I would like them to over regularly scheduled user workshops (webinars) for beginners to advanced users because I really think I'm not using as many features available to me as I should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some features may need to come from a 3rd party partner and they can be pricey at times. Also, BigCommerce has lots of templates compared to other platforms.

We needed a business e-commerce that had great layouts that were easy to adapt based on our needs. We have custom products and it would be very hard to set up our products anywhere else.

BigCommerce review by <span>Matt P.</span>
Matt P.

"10 Happy Years"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, I came from being a tradesman into the online world of selling with no technology skills into e-com, the Bigcom platform made this a very easy transition and as they have grown I have not had to become an IT specialist to keep up.

What do you dislike?

Duplicating Products, when duplicating a product that is mapped to Google Shopping, if you change its category without changing the google shopping to the new category and try and save it will delete all changes you have made, really frustrating when dealing with multiple options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great easy to use software that stays relevant in an ever changing digital world

The big hardware stores only supply a limited number of brands, often these are inferior and more expensive than quality products from small independent distributors, we give these distributors a voice and in so give our customers genuine choice, regardless of their location.

BigCommerce review by <span>JCs Wildlife J.</span>
JCs Wildlife J.

"Easy to Use Plug-Ins, Excellent Support, Best Site We've Had"

What do you like best?

The entire site is easy to use. It is the first thing we train office staff on, and is our main focus as it is our own storefront. In our capacity, it is nearly impossible to mess up and integrates with multiple APIs.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that really should come standard with a site like this (though we can almost always find a suitable add-on/plug-in). One of these features being the ability to upload files for customers to download. The bulk imports and exports can get a bit messy as well, but a little practice will overcome that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BigCommerce is good for those wanting a professional-looking site and who are growing. We grew extremely fast and now host 3 different sites with BigCommerce with very few issues. Support is fast, knowledgeable, and personable. The more we try to push the site to do what we need it to do, the more we are pleased with it.

We came to BigCommerce from a different platform that was having a problem growing as fast as we were. It was glitchy and turning customers off of our site. The few problems that we have had while using BigCommerce have been handled right away and do not repeat themselves (another common issue with other sites).

BigCommerce review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"very affordable and has lots of customization"

What do you like best?

their monthly plans are very affordable and has lots of customization. Unlike Shopify, you do not need to purchase extra apps that are (in my opinion) essential for sellers. Many features and customer service is easy to reach and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I find their options (variations, attributes, or customization options, however you like to call them) a little cumbersome to use, but it could be because I'm not using it correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like simple and pretty, Shopify may work for you. But if you want more features for your account, BigCommerce is a better value.

Great for sellers who need a lot of customizations (this can be complicated with Shopify, which is why I chose BigCommerce). Very easy to use and edit many basic features of the design template even if you don't know html well (like me)

Like all other platforms (I've tried Volusion, Shopify and now BigCommerce) It's not perfect, but they do continue to make improvement, which I appreciate.

BigCommerce review by <span>Blake B.</span>
Blake B.

"Great mid-tier ecommerce platform for growing companies"

What do you like best?

Bigcommerce customer service is beyond great. They're all based out of Austin, genuinely cool to talk with, and keep hunting down the bug/glitch until the problem is solved.

Many features simply require one click, and you're on your way! Easy to use!

What do you dislike?

Some basic things can take a long time to fix. I.e. it took months to fix the Sales by Category report, which seems like a basic ecommerce function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bigcommerce offers a free trial though which you can test out product creation and integration setup. Try it! See what happens! Try Shopify as well!

Basically, we use it as our main brand's ecommerce platform to support an international brand. We've reduced transaction costs substantially, quickly scaled our ecommerce product line, and tested out new products.

BigCommerce review by <span>Maria Luisa G.</span>
Maria Luisa G.

"Un programa increíblemente útil y maravilloso"

What do you like best?

La variedad de funciones disponibles, el excelente servicio al cliente y las mejoras constantes que ofrece esta plataforma. BigCommerce tiene en cuenta al consumidor y trabaja duro para ayudar a sus usuarios a administrar un negocio rentable. Es muy competitivo y se mantiene en la cima del mercado.

What do you dislike?

La nueva integración de eBay podría usar algunas funcionalidades para hacer que las listas se vean mejor. Estoy explorando opciones para aplicar plantillas, etc. He tenido que usar la aplicación inkfrog por sus ventajas (visuales),pero también tiene sus desventajas (problemas de sincronización), por lo que estoy esperando impacientemente que el canal entre BigCommerce y Ebay sea completamente funcional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

¡No se decepcionará! A un precio muy razonable y además es fácil de usar, BigCommerce definitivamente vale la pena.

Puedo permitir que mi tienda en línea 'se ejecute sola' y cuando recibo un pedido, la facilidad de obtenerlo y enviarlo es maravilloso.

BigCommerce review by <span>Eugene D.</span>
Eugene D.

"Enjoyable time with Bigcomerce"

What do you like best?

I Like that software it's because I like to customize my site, manage shipping and payments, and list my products with no problems. Increase sales which is really good. Much safe my time.

What do you dislike?

That program doesn't have any negative things. Works good, I also can receive support all the time. They have Live Tech Support and on-line support system which is works 24 hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very nice to work on it. So easy. Plus its works for you so good.Also you can find tools to scale your business, and much more.For sure you will feel like a fish in the Ocean.

For my business helps me to drive more traffic, convert more visitors and seamlessly sell on multiple channels from a single location. To get lovely themes to build an glamorous online store.

BigCommerce review by <span>Richard E.</span>
Richard E.

"Like a bad break-up, it's something you need to just stay away from."

What do you like best?

You don't need to install a plethora of additional apps to get basic functionality for your store.

What do you dislike?

BigCommerce has all the characteristics of a sluggish multinational corporation, and that is sad because they're nowhere near the size of one.

- No one is empowered to make a decision and do the right thing

- Support is the worst of the four e-commerce platforms I have experience of. Tickets get opened, people don't respond to critical issues for days and sometimes weeks

- When your site goes down, you'll be told nothing can be done until the next business day (which was three days away over a holiday weekend)

- They're obsessed with producing content to reflect success stories but do very little to ensure that their platform is facilitating your success e.g: constant issues with the facebook, eBay and Amazon integrations and after four months we still had not been approved for tagging products on Instagram, within 24 hours of moving to our new provider, we're approved

- Arrogance. The arrogance of the management at BigCommerce is appalling. No one takes escalated telephone calls, callbacks are promised and never happen

- Platform has too many bugs and is not stable when comparing against other vendors in the space

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like anything in life, there is going to be a bucket of people that love something, a bucket of people that are in the middle and a bucket that hates something. We're in that last bucket. In the space of a couple of weeks, BigCommerce took a brand champion and made them a brand detractor.

If you're happy with poor support, then BigCommerce is your solution.

We didn't solve any business problems with BigCommerce, we only had problems created. The only benefit that I can say we had with this platform was that our page load times were much better than the prior vendor.

BigCommerce review by <span>Francis R.</span>
Francis R.

"A relatively easy to use platform with advanced capabilities"

What do you like best?

Makes managing a store as a single person much simpler. Quite easy to set up a store and to manage it. We have the ability to edit templates. It gives us lots of flexibility, resources and power to design how our online store looks and works. Easy to implement and train people without much computer skills or daily management.

What do you dislike?

Maybe needs a better tools for managing trade and wholesale businesses. It can take a lot of time and work to build a top quality BigCommerce site. Nothing much to dislike overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone at WC is so helpful and willing to help answer your questions. They have a powerful system that's easy enough for a single admin to control and customize.

Time previously spent taking and processing orders can now be allocated to other tasks. Quick product uploads, tying orders and product pricing. We can offer so many things to my customers that are not available on other platforms.

BigCommerce review by <span>TeLeigh M.</span>
TeLeigh M.

"Very easy to use with clean layout options"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to build a website that sells products. The checkout page doesn't re-connect them to a different website, it is just on the website which keeps our customers engaged in the products. I also like how quickly our website loads. I have used other platforms that take a minute or so to get all of the information, photos, and links loaded

What do you dislike?

I don't recall there being a thorough tutorial for the website. I think that would make he design process a little easier to know what steps you should take to efficiently and effectively design a website. I wasn't sure which text boxes were visible to the consumer and which ones weren't. I had to go back and make all the titles and naming conventions consistent.

we use BigCommerce for the website, www.micacosmetics.com

Before hand we were using a GoDaddy and this website looks 1000 times more professional and user friendly.

BigCommerce review by <span>Steve S.</span>
Steve S.

"Perfect Solution for Our Business"

What do you like best?

As a former web designer, before opening our e-commerce business I have have used several shopping cart programs. Big Commerce has created an easy to use system for businesses to get started quickly. Everything is there and Big Commerce is priced competitively. Whether you are using their telephone, chat or email support, they respond quickly with support based in the United States. They seem to really care about our business being successful.

What do you dislike?

Minor things such as customers not being able to search by UPC code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Big Commerce to anyone who is looking to start a new online business. Customer service is there to help with any question you may have.

We are able to submit our products to Google Shopping, Ebay, Amazon and others with great ease. We have been able to keep our sales growing, while keeping our costs low.

BigCommerce review by <span>Scott S.</span>
Scott S.

"Great for our small business online sales"

What do you like best?

BC has allowed us to bring our products to the online market for a very reasonable fee. We can add new products easily uploading photos and descriptions. BC also has tons of apps that help with marketing and sales.

What do you dislike?

One thing that makes me crazy is the need to change our password every 90 days. My banks, the IRS, pretty much everyone does NOT require me to change my password but for some reason BC feels it necessary. It is not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Big Commerce is the platform to start with.

Prior to BC (8 years ago) we would need to have an outside web development team post items for sale on our web site. Expensive and a long process. Big Commerce allows us to list these products ourselves. Success!

BigCommerce review by <span>Nina J.</span>
Nina J.

"As high powered or simple as you need it."

What do you like best?

BigCommerce is a great starting point for fledgling businesses and for the hobbyist webmaster. Setting up is very intuitive and straightforward. If you want to get a website up and running quickly, this would be a great site to use. It's also great if you want to do more customized branding suited to your company.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about this website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great if you need a quick start, or if you are in the intermediate site building phase. You can truly get a lot out of this site if you want.

Starting up multiple business has been made easy and fast with BigCommerce. I like the add ons for email marketing, cart recovery and the like.

BigCommerce review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Price is a bit high but more customizable "

What do you like best?

More customization possibilities in compare with Shopify. Have a decent amount of apps but not as much free ones like Shopify. Overall it's more costly in exchange for more control

What do you dislike?

No custom ssl with one time add on pricing but rather needed to pay the pro plan to get this feature. Want EV SSL? Out of luck unless you're ready to pay that much. Also crazy that their built in insight also cost extra. Sadly for more control of the site over Shopify which do not allow custom ssl at All unless you're spending 2k a month on Shopify plus. Still would needed to pay more in exchange for bigcommerce

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're soon to be adding importing product from eBay finally according to soon to happen bigcommerce town hall end of this month. Sadly no estimation of when exactly it will be activated. Like pinterest it can be months or maybe just weeks but it's all TBD at this point. Personally I'm looking forward for it

E commerce multi channel selling

BigCommerce review by <span>John W.</span>
John W.

"Good for Businesses with Standard Ecommerce Requirements"

What do you like best?

Cloud based environment makes it easy for non technical people to manage. Licensing is cheaper than equivalent systems (like Magento 2 Cloud)

What do you dislike?

Hard to create custom functionality. API is not as robust as needed to create complicated business functions (for example, there is a lack of usable hooks for things like cart functions, and order functions). Many functions need to be done through front end Javascript coding, which isn't suited for normal front end developers. And 3rd party vendor support for extensions can get expensive on a recurring basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have very specific, unique business processes, do good due diligence to make sure you can actually accomplish them with either a 3rd party vendor 9make sure it's worth the cost) or with custom coding. We ran into this issue with one store, after transitioning multiple stores to BigCommerce, that prevented transitioning that store for almost a year while a solution was implemented.

BigCommerce provided a cost savings on licensing over a Magento 2 Enterprise license. The company wanted to reduce licensing expense and also backend developer headcount.

BigCommerce review by <span>Jarah A.</span>
Jarah A.

"Some great features, but lacks basic reporting"

What do you like best?

Great customer support! The main product admin page allows you to do more on it than Shopify.

What do you dislike?

Lacks good sales reports. Have to pay for the largest pro account to get product filtering - which we did, but even then they aren't intuitive. The product options/option sets are bulky when you have thousands of products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Got with Shopify - they have add-on apps that can get you what you need. Big Commerce doesn't offer what we needed, even from their add-on apps.

Better than the custom-built, outdated cart software we had before.

User in Retail

"Sell Online Easily By Pairing With Your In-Store Square Set-up"

What do you like best?

I've been searching for an e-commerce solution to help me track inventory across the online and in-store POS. Big COmmerce is the best solution for Square users - links up easily so all your inventory's in one place - plus, so many more SEO improvement options, Google and Facebook ads plugs-ins and more. Really think everything they've added so far helps us - fomr easy set-up to shipping choice plu-ins.

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to enter weights to get real-time shipping quotes, but it's worth it once you see customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SIgn up for the trial + give Big Commerce a try.

The biggest problem Big Commerce solved for us was the pit in our stomach every time we received an online order + were unsure if the item was actually in stock in the store. Square offers their own online storefront, and we tried it, but using it killed our online sales - think their SEO may not be the best, yet.

BigCommerce review by <span>Mitch W.</span>
Mitch W.

"Great Shopping Cart, Moving in the right direction"

What do you like best?

It's secure and offers a lot of standard features out of the box. Their chat support is great (I have never used their phone support), and they offer a large number of plugin/integrations.

What do you dislike?

API support isn't great, they often don't reply at all. Subscriptions are not really supported as a feature.

They provide a secure, cost efficient shopping cart for several of my clients. I've had clients using Magento and Opencart that had to endure the cost of updates. Bigcommerce gives them the features and security without the long term cost or high server bills.

BigCommerce review by <span>Manfred S.</span>
Manfred S.

"Live the life you dream about!"

What do you like best?

Our business was started 5 years ago when I was fresh out of college and got a job with a lot of broken promises. I felt stuck and as if there was little hope for that bright future I expected to have being a college graduate with an engineering degree. The business challenge that BigCommerce helped me overcome is the hardest challenge any business has to overcome and that is doing business in a format that you have no idea about. We sell performance truck parts, I know intakes, exhausts, lift kits, wheels, tires, and even how to adjust engine calibrations, but html code? NO WAY! I don’t even know where to start.

BigCommerce bridged that gap, not only did they bridge it, they have had people along the way that at any time I had a question or wasn’t sure how to integrate something they were there to happily help. If it was questions about paypal integration, setting up shipping, or even an unsolicited phone call to see how things were going and offer suggestions that they saw could improve our conversion rate (that is one term I did learn about ecommerce vary quickly), BigCommerce was there to help! While other people will be writing in about something great and complex they created or found a new way to integrate, some fancy html, java, (don’t even know if people use that any more, just sounds “ecommercy”), to me PEOPLE are BigCommerce’s greatest integration. Without the people at BigCommerce we would not be where we are today and my business, my life style would not be where it is today.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike that I can think of that I wish I could run multiple BigCommerce stores in the same window, the platform is so fast and easy that we use it for www.longhornfabshop.com and www.schreyeroutfitters.com and it would be nice. We have a work around, we just keep two browsers open on each computer to process orders. I believe there is an app as well that combines them and is fully integrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed. Every time I log in, I'm excited to see what they have improved on!

BigCommerce bridges the gap between "I have an idea on a product or service I want to sell!" and "How in the world do I sell it online, I know nothing about website building, merchant accounts, sales tax collection, etc!!??"

Their simple "setup wizard" style makes you confident you have covered everything and aren't missing anything important.

BigCommerce review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Shipping manager using BigC for website orders"

What do you like best?

BigCommerce organizes incoming customer orders into categories, including pending, awaiting fulfillment, and awaiting shipment, which keeps our workflow going smoothly.

What do you dislike?

My personal use of BigC within the company, the fact that orders are listed by customer name, rather than the name the order is to be shipped to, can create small snags for me when searching for an order if those names and different.

Because I handle shipping and do not input orders myself, BigCommerce helps keep me in the know and updated with orders my employer has manually put into BigC. And on the other side, the site keeps my employer up to date with which orders have been shipped, which are awaiting shipment, etc, improving our communication.

BigCommerce review by <span>Sladana P.</span>
Sladana P.

"Experience first hand"

What do you like best?

a choice of 7 free templates

the ability to sell a wide range of either physical or digital goods, in categories of your choosing and using shipping rates of your choosing

integration with Paypal and a wide range of payment gateways

full content management (CMS) functionality

What do you dislike?

There are no transaction fees, even if you use a third-party payment gateway.

The overall feature set on entry-level Bigcommerce plans is comprehensive by comparison to competing products.

You get a good set of reporting tools on all plans - again, this is not the case with all competing products.

It comes with built-in product review functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much better customer service, approach to monetizing your own blog

Getting more customers! Create custom fields!

BigCommerce review by <span>Luanna T.</span>
Luanna T.

"Functional & Affordable"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to customize and add your own branding. The themes are current and easily customizable. You don't need any experience in coding and design. Everything is self explanatory and anyone can create an amazing site. The support team is also amazing !

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really to dislike. Works and generated sales from the first few days after launch.

Providing customers with a site that's easy to navigate and displays products adequately. Provides customers a place to view and purchase from the comfort of their homes.

BigCommerce review by <span>Janine P.</span>
Janine P.

"LOVE Big Commerce"

What do you like best?

You get so many features with just the basic plan.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to mass edit products, you have to open each product one at a time, versus hit "next" to bring up the next product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the basic plan you really do get a lot, and everyone is so helpful and willing to help answer your questions.

Getting a professional looking e-commerce website that welcomes people to shop. I can offer so many things to my customers that are not available on other platforms, like showing quantity left in inventory, Free add ons to do pop up messages, and more.

BigCommerce review by <span>Andrew D. G.</span>
Andrew D. G.

"Scalable platform for eCommerce growth"

What do you like best?

1) It works, uptime is great

2) It's highly scalable for small cost focused start-ups which can start at low cost and develop their eCommerce store look and features as their business and experience develops

3) There are many seamless applications, tons of help, training and advice, and a huge community of fellow traders, developers, affiliates etc. Even the CEO does a monthly Q&A/ Town Hall meeting on-line

4) There is a huge amount of stuff in the pipeline to help eCommerce clients grow

5) Great value for money

What do you dislike?

As a global business based in the States it can sometimes have too much of a US mindset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Find other users, study Bigcommerce bolgs, articles, forums etc.

2) Start within your budget (rather than getting carried away and busting it) and scale later, it's easy and there are few contractual commitments.

3) Engage with the community to maximise benefits.

My eCommerce store simply wouldn't have come about without Bigcommerce. It's allowed me to start small and grow carefully. Now we're growing rapidly. Bigcommerce has enabled my store to realise the sort of look and features that would cost a small fortune done independently and with the benefit of continual scalable improvement.

"Fantastic!"

What do you like best?

In our view, out of all the other e-commerce builders, BigCommerce offers the most helpful and practical tools that you will actually use – all included as part of their monthly package.

From integration with email newsletter tools (auto responders), creating coupons / promotion campaigns, unlimited product variations (e.g. different t-shirt colors and sizes), shipping and tax configurations, secure payment gateway integrations, handling returns, store statistics reporting, social sharing, product wish list, product reviews, etc. They really set you up with a lot of tools you need to help you succeed.

What do you dislike?

BigCommerce only has 7 free templates which is quite limited when compared to its competitors such as Shopify (Shopify has 24 free templates). When it comes to premium / paid templates, BigCommerce has 76 at the moment, and they range from $145 – $235 per template.

In contrast, Shopify has over 140 premium / paid templates available – more options is usually better. We know that this is something BigCommerce is working on improving, so hopefully they will issue more updated storefront designs soon.

Making sure that only one person has access to that information at one time. It's a scheduling conflict on our end

BigCommerce review by <span>Cami N.</span>
Cami N.

"Great for Online Stores"

What do you like best?

I think the best part about BigCommerce is the ability to customize the behind-the-scenes dashboard for different employees. This makes it easier for the employees to keep to the parts that they deal with, without getting lost in the other parts.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the theme customizer. Working with the code in the HTML/CSS editor is painful and impossible to keep well organized. Also, for the first 3 weeks, the code would not appear, so I couldn't do my job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This content management system is great for most online businesses. It enables almost every aspect of running an online store to be contained in one place. I think that BigCommerce is a great piece of software!

This software is excellent for running an online store. As the graphic designer, I think it's relatively easy to work with the theme and graphics. It is also nice that the code was customizable.

BigCommerce review by <span>Wyatt K.</span>
Wyatt K.

"Big Commerce wins big for back end management of e Commerce and more!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and abundant management and analytical tools available in the back end of BC. I use it all day every day to manage customers, orders and products in the thousands. I just recently opened a new store with even more products and expect it to help me succeed immensely. The competition is using outdated technology and will end up in the dust.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have a hard time figuring things out and don't like to have to spend so much time digging through the help to figure things out but in the end it proves to be pretty easy to get an answer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you will be selling many products for a long time this is the best choice.

Ease of use and perfect ability to manage customers, products and orders.

BigCommerce review by User in Internet

"Good eCommerce software "

What do you like best?

The support team is really great and responsive. They are very helpful and do well in updating on the status of the issues.

What do you dislike?

The integrations with other software/marketplaces/apps are not always smooth. For example, there are some issues connecting with the Amazon Marketplace, and there are no direct integrations to Walmart Marketplace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for basic eCommerce store management, but be aware that it does not have a lot of integrations yet (i.e. if you want to sell on other marketplaces or implement other programs to your store).

Having a database manage all our products and our entire eCommerce store. Our whole team is able to use it in different ways and in different roles.

BigCommerce review by <span>Jim L.</span>
Jim L.

"Decent ecommerce platform that recently improved"

What do you like best?

Good, stable ecommerce platform that has a variety of plans to fit a variety of size businesses. Their recent upgrade greatly improved the user interface. They also have started using the "app" method of installing additional apps. Prior to this it was pretty difficult adding anything as an add on.

What do you dislike?

The one part that is difficult for me is the product options/option sets. For my business, I have a variety of options and option sets and I need to adjust each month for our promotions and it just takes a bit longer than I feel it should. This really could be just relating to me as I have almost 50 options for each item and a variety of option sets based on the type of product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check it out. There are a variety of packages at this price range. Big Commerce fits nicely in the middle and has been making improvement.s

Big Commerce provides a decent shopping platform for our store that has been very stable and allowed us to keep our store without a lot of work.

"Outdated and Complicated"

What do you like best?

It allows someone without knowledge of code to create an online store and collect payments from people.

What do you dislike?

If you want to customize anything, it's extremely complicated and tedious. The templating system is very old. It's difficult to find freelancers who will work with it anymore because of that. I have one customer who has been on BigCommerce for years and he's had a terrible experience even at one of the highest paying tiers. Their customer support is not helpful at all and their documentation is disorganized and they have old instructions scattered across search engines, it's hard to understand what's still relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at Shopify or even WooCommerce with WordPress.

It has allowed me (years ago) to create a website for my customers who wanted an online store.

BigCommerce review by Consultant

"Great for Enterprise Level Sites"

What do you like best?

BigCommerce has incredible support across the board. They truly take care of their customers and invest in those relationships. From a partner perspective it's reassuring that should I need anything I'll be able to talk to someone ready to help me out. From a client perspective there is peace of mind knowing they can always call support and receive quality help. Outside of the customer service, the platform itself is one of my favorites. Less app installations needed for basic customizations and developer friendly. All around one of my favorite platforms to work with.

What do you dislike?

It's not necessarily harder to train a client on BigCommerce, but in some ways it is less intuitive than other platforms. However, that honestly hasn't even been a big issue for us.

I think one of the biggest benefits to working with BigCommerce is their customer support. I don't dread calling support like I do with virtually any other company.

BigCommerce review by <span>Kevin W.</span>
Kevin W.

"An excellent company with a great service."

What do you like best?

24/7 support with American technicians - support is NOT outsourced to India, Pakistan, etc. Wait times for support are short. In addition, the ability to edit template code gives us a great deal of flexibility and power in determining how our online store looks and works.

What do you dislike?

Shipping is adequate and improving, but could still use more flexibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research reviews on all ecommerce platforms, but pay particular attention to the quality of technical support and the degree of store customization that is possible, because it's likely you'll run into some unforeseen issues that can only be addressed by making your own changes to the templates that are offered.

Orders for over 1300 auto parts were being taken manually over the phone. Now orders are taken automatically and routed to the proper departments - shipping, accounting, etc. Time previously spent taking and processing orders can now be allocated to other tasks.

BigCommerce review by <span>Darcy K.</span>
Darcy K.

"Fabulous ecommerce platform, easy to manage, great selling tools"

What do you like best?

Best features include: Full integration with Google Shopping, Easy/Fast order access, printable order docs, Paypal/braintree integration. I run 2 stores on BigCommerce, so much easier than our previous provider. Also LOVE the free 24/7 customer support,

What do you dislike?

Only challenge is in setting up variations and doing custom ship by weight for larger items, usually have to call in to get a work around, but the tech team is great, they always answer and are in USA which is AWESOME

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already have a store with a large inventory, talk to the reps at BC about moving your data for you, they are great. For new stores, BC is the way to go. We could use a free WordPress solution, but we know that the BC store will get more traffic, more sales and is so easy to use on tablet and mobile that it pays for itself in additional conversions

I run 2 stores, very different products, one with a drop shipper and one that i control inventory on. Cart is seamless, easy user experience and fabulous on mobile devices. The BC cart allows us to do business while we sleep with no worries.

BigCommerce review by <span>Steve W.</span>
Steve W.

"First rate platform. Needs more user customization"

What do you like best?

We migrated from Miva Merchant over a year ago. Miva was too module intensive. Even with the major update they are still trapped in a 3rd party module world.

BigCommerce works for us "out of the box". They handled the migration and had very few glitches.

What do you dislike?

User customizations is my biggest complaint. One case in point so as not to beat this to death.

Order Status. First, why is there no "backorder" status? And if you think this is unimportant, become a retailer.

But why can't I create a new status? No idea.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you research. Check out all the competition and see how BigCommerce meets the needs of your business. I would imagine there are some types of business that aren't a good fit. If your a retailer selling a tangible product, BigCommerce is the one to choose.

Miva charged for every user in admin. Very poor decision on their part. BigCommerce is much more subscriber friendly. Pricing is fair and support is easily and quickly available.

I guess the major benefit to us is learning curve for new employees.

BigCommerce review by <span>Suzanne M.</span>
Suzanne M.

"Best eCommerce Platform Out There"

What do you like best?

Customer Service, hands down. It is why I chose Big Commerce in the first place and it is the reason why I continue to stay with Big Commerce. Their customer service and tech support is always top notch, helpful, courteous, fun to talk to and they they are beyond supportive.

What do you dislike?

They used to have an app that I could see sales and orders on my phone, but they do not offer it anymore. I do miss it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call around to other eCommerce sites, don't just sign up online. TALK to the support staff. If they are not as excited about your business as you are, call BigCommerce. Customer service is so important, especially when YOUR customers are on the line.

Not only can I now manage my online inventory, they have now paired up with Square and I can manage both my brick and mortar AND my online inventory!!! No more double reports at the end of the day.

BigCommerce review by <span>Carolina G.</span>
Carolina G.

"Ok but terrible reporting"

What do you like best?

In general it's good for getting off the ground with Ecommerce.

What do you dislike?

Whatever you save compared to other Ecommerce sites you pay for in add ons that bigcommerce doesn't include out of the box. The reporting is a joke and then you can pay more to get "insights" which are also useless. Setting up new channels like Amazon and Facebook never goes smoothly and ends up being a frustrating time suck.

Our big reason for switching to bigcommerce was to have almost 100% up time. That has been pretty nice to not have to worry about, except for that one time payments went working and they didn't warn anyone.

BigCommerce review by <span>Gene C.</span>
Gene C.

"Exceeding my expectations is hard to do, but Bigcommerce has done it!"

What do you like best?

After spending more than a decade starting with Microsoft's Business cart, then LaGarde's Storefront and more recently 3dcart, Bigcommerce is by far the most innovative, affordable and, most importantly, helpful on a day-to-day needs. They are in it for the long haul and there is no other resource I would rate as their equal or better.

What do you dislike?

I have given a lot of thought to a dislike, as everyone has strengths and weaknesses. For Bigcommerce I confess that no weakness comes to mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be amazed.

I am solving a terrible loss of income, savings, and my first ecommerce business that was caused by a denial of service attack while at 3dcart, then the cyber criminals published two mirrored websites with lots of spammy pages.

I did not realize the mirrored black hat sites existed until months after I was forced out of business and into bankruptcy.

BigCommerce review by Administrator in Cosmetics
Administrator in Cosmetics

"Mature platform with room for improvement"

What do you like best?

We migrated from Shopify to Bigcommerce, due to its expansive feature set, such as B2B features, advanced discounting, with cart-level discounts, as well as the more powerful advanced analytics.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely some drawbacks, primarily with the robustness of the platform, Shopify simply felt more intuitive. It is also lacking a Buy X get Y (category level) discount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to switch to Bigcommerce, I would really suggest looking at what Shopify is offering first before you dive in. We struggled for 3 months to get our theme setup and ported, but only to find out we were lacking some basic features, and needed to have expensive plugins and app addons costing us a few hundred dollars a month.

We were trying to consolidate both our ecommerce B2B sales with B2C sales in one manageable platform.

BigCommerce review by <span>Amanda M.</span>
Amanda M.

"Current and Future Platform right here!"

What do you like best?

I love how you can connect so many apps to it! To another website builder, dozens of pos types, everything is customizable and customer support is great!

What do you dislike?

Nothing about it. I love it all. It’s an extremely useful tool in starting your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

It keeps track of my google ads, orders, shipping, products, and website. It keeps information on my customers as well.

BigCommerce review by Administrator

"Easy to use, full-featured shopping cart and website builder"

What do you like best?

I love that it is an All-In-One solution. It can build your website with shopping cart included is just a few easy steps. Their support is great too if you run into any difficulties. They offer lots of different shipping options, purchasing options (Credit Card, Paypal etc), there is also a big community if you want to do things that are not built in.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little hard to make modifications to things that aren't naturally supported by bigcommerce when editing the template but the community helps a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, great support, lots of plugins.

Easy to use and secure shopping cart

BigCommerce review by <span>Andrew D.</span>
Andrew D.

"Solid Platform, Not Event Friendly"

What do you like best?

Big Commerce is a very easy to use platform that pretty much anyone would be able to use. The ability to manage 100+ products as well as 100+ promo codes is very simple and easy to manage. The front-end customization is great and anyone with a knowledge of CSS and HTML can edit the system fairly easily. It gives you the ability to add your company's feel throughout the site and makes the transition from out other CMS feel seamless.

What do you dislike?

As an E-commerce system it does not handle event registrations very well, since it is designed for products, but that isn't what they were going for with their platform anyway. My other complaint is that the analytics are awful. The reports aren't very comprehensive and they lack the ability to drill down on a lot of seemingly simple metrics that many users and managers want to see. Looking at customers, totals, and what products they bought in one report is literally impossible to do, so you spend a ton of time digging into either each order or user, they do not seem to exist on the same level.

The lack of customization on the way checkout is completed as well as how products are displayed throughout the system could be improved, but it does work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use it for products, go for it. If you need event registrations, look at Eventbrite and other event specific platforms.

BigCommerce gives us a secure e-commerce platform that has worked without fail for 3 years. Zero downtime and has been very reliable.

BigCommerce review by <span>Natasha P.</span>
Natasha P.

"Good for trying to get your business out there"

What do you like best?

I like that there are templates to use and make your own website from. Bigcommerce is easy to use and I love the Free Trial when I first signed up for it. The tools, storage and built in features are great when making your own website. I am still in my trial version, but love it so far.

What do you dislike?

I think my most disliked option would be the pricing, it does offer a good deal for each plan, but there are other sites who offer cheaper monthly prices and have a little more to offer then Bigcommerce. I do wish the trial would last a a little longer as well, as 15 days is not much time to get the website started up and get it out there to your customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for pricing and compare others before committing to Bigcommerce. They have a lot to offer, but the price may be up there.

The benefits are that it offers a lot with each plan for creating your own website that you can get started. I liked that you got to Try it out before committing.

BigCommerce review by Administrator

"First Time User. Long Time User. "

What do you like best?

BigCommerce has been here for me and my business from the start. They are continuously rolling out new features to help build my business!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is not being able to properly sync my store with google analytics and adwords. I have reached out to both BigCommerce and Google and each company points there finger at the other guy. Just wish I could get some help, I need to know my ROI. Also wish I could use a Premium SSL on my silver Status platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their a good fit for a new business.

BigCommerce solves the "what ecommerce cart should, I go with?" question. They do it all.

BigCommerce review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"BigCommerce Gets an A+"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, great interface to help you along. Lots of features right out of the box. Great trial to see if this program is right for you. Getting more results from BigCommerce than I did with six months on 3D Cart.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of templates to choose from without paying a premium price, Also have to pay on a higher plan to get the most features (some of which should be included on the base plan).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the free 15 day trial a try before you decide

E-Commerce store with lots of products and a global audience

BigCommerce review by <span>Scott M.</span>
Scott M.

"#2 for small to medium business ecommerce platforms"

What do you like best?

Bigcommerce gives you a completely complete set of e-commerce equipment “out of the field” that packs a huge punch. In our view, out of all the different e-trade developers, Bigcommerce offers the most helpful and realistic tools that you'll absolutely use – all covered as part of their monthly bundle. From integration with email newsletter gear (vehicle responders), developing coupons / advertising campaigns, unlimited product variations (e.g. unique t-blouse colorations and sizes), transport and tax configurations, comfy price gateway integrations, handling returns, keep data reporting, social sharing, product desire listing, product critiques, and many others. They surely set you up with a whole lot of tools you need that will help you succeed.

What do you dislike?

- negative customer service/guide – “Failure to remedy” turned into a not unusual word amongst those, with many clients wondering if the Bigcommerce help personnel is informed enough to handle technical problems at all. loss of 24-hr stay guide on Sundays became an difficulty as nicely.

-Bland Templates – a few human beings have complained approximately how average the unfastened

-tough to customise – customizing Bigcommerce templates. You want to understand some HTML/CSS if you plan on making any fundamental changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bigcommerce is not without its wrinkles (unimpressive net design, questionable customer service, egregious web reproduction,) however it has earned its position as a pinnacle contender inside the crowded buying Cart scene. It has executed so with its jam-packed characteristic listing, strong search engine optimization, and ease of use. The month-to-month fee point is commensurate with their region in the marketplace; it is very reasonable for the brand new/small on-line store, yet it's miles scalable sufficient to serve any growing commercial enterprise. And the current plunge in per-swipe transaction costs inside the preferred Plan is a particular advantage for startups in search of a powerful shopping cart that gained’t undermine them right out of the gate. Bigcommerce honestly earns each superstar that we can deliver it. i might advise it for maximum organizations sorts, with just a few reservations in particular cases.

even though Bigcommerce already provides you with a complete set of tools (more than a variety of its competitors), need to you experience that you want extra, they have an App keep which you “bolt on” greater advanced equipment to take your keep to the next level. those Apps are created through 1/3 birthday celebration builders, and consist of extra superior gear for accounting, transport, merchandising / advertising, order management, stay chat, e mail advertising, analytics, and so forth. You don’t always want them as Bigcommerce’s simple tools are already enough, but those Apps are in reality accessible while you are geared up to scale your commercial enterprise to the following stage. these tools assist you sell your merchandise greater efficiently, automate your every day mundane duties even in addition, and simply offers loads more firepower with out taking over any extra of a while. some of those Apps are loose, and some are paid. however they're properly worth the charge as they could assist develop your business even as liberating up some time.

User in Retail

"Excellent platform and customer service!"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is exceptional, Bryan was very helpful getting my store moved over to Bigcommerce. Includes a lot of features, very easy to use and intuitive, professional looking templates.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to customize templates more. If you have a lot of products with variations it can be a little tedious to create option sets. I wish the Ebay integration included templates to make my listings look more professional. More sub-menu levels for large catalogs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bigcommerce is excellent if you have a large catalog of products

Bigcommerce has allowed me to create a more professional looking site without spending a lot of money.

BigCommerce review by <span>Bridgit L.</span>
Bridgit L.

"Glad we switched!"

What do you like best?

We are a small shop and the POS inventory integration with our Square account is the best!

What do you dislike?

We are still trying to figure out how to switch our custom domain from our former host to our Big Commerce website.

We were searching for a way for us to not over sell our one-of-a-kind products. We did that once with a handcrafted product, and it was a mess!

BigCommerce review by Administrator in Investment Banking
Administrator in Investment Banking

"Love bigcommerce"

What do you like best?

bigcommerce is great. allows me to focus on my business and is very simple to integrate with several other platforms. It is also very user-friendly. I like the way I can track my inventory and sales.

What do you dislike?

clothing does not integrate with amazon. it would be helpful to have two or more owners of the store. I wish they had an app where I could quickly view what I need, rather than log-in on the mobile version of safari or chrome.

I am trying to keep better track of useful metrics. Bigcommerce allows me to do that. They have pretty good marketing tools. Also I enjoy doing everything through the platform, even giving samples, that way I can track my inventory.

BigCommerce review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"BigCommerce Review"

What do you like best?

I like the options that are provided. It is more economical for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

Ease of use - when trying to setup the store, I found that it was not a very user friendly software. Options that I needed were not available to me. I wanted to import all products, give them a different description and category, but the same price. BigCommerce did not have this as an option.

I am consolidating inventory into one location in order to sell through one platform. BigCommerce is compatible with Square and importing/exporting information works well.

BigCommerce review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Good for people who only require basic e-commerce website"

What do you like best?

It's fairly simple to use and has everything you need for a basic e-commerce website. It also allows full customization of the HTML and CSS

What do you dislike?

If you need to do anything complicated, like offer a prescription service, it requires using a widget, which doesn't integrate with the existing shopping cart. It also doesn't allow you to add your own html pages without creating and uploading your own theme. There's also no option for child themes.

It allows someone with minimal website experience to get an e-commerce website up and running quickly.

BigCommerce review by Administrator

"I LOVE BIGCOMMERCE!!!! I have used several other's that totally suck. BIG COMMERCE ROCKS!!"

What do you like best?

Unbelievably easy to use and understand. Plus the tools available to grow your business are amazing. Honestly they have thought of everything. For instance.....when you read directions from a payment system it talks about coding and gives you several complicated steps to set up on your ecommerce platform. BUT then you jump on over to your BigCommerce store and click twice, maybe 3 times and WHAMMO ALL DONE!! Literally BigCommerce has it all automated and does everything for you.

What do you dislike?

NOTHING It has everything I need for my business

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend!!

I am understanding more and more everyday how beneficial BigCommerce's site is. I now know that I need to rework my keywords as BigCommerce shows me a pie chart with exact numbers on what key word searches have led to my site!!! Once I changed around the key words, I saw a lot more traffic. :)

BigCommerce review by <span>Tedd F.</span>
Tedd F.

"No downtime, easy to use, great customer service"

What do you like best?

We have used Big Commerce for over 4 years and have had no problems. We have found that regardless of our skill levels or technical know-how we have been able to create good customer-friendly web pages in a timely manner. The dashboard with its clear directions are a very important feature to us. The customer service group is knowledge and helpful. The few problems we have encountered were solved in a very short period of time by the customer service group. Adding new products, adjusting product price, reworking product descriptions is not a difficult task. We use the promotional banners for sales promotions - changing the banners is very easy. Our sales are very good.

What do you dislike?

The product review area is hidden at the bottom of the page, hard to find. I would like it more visible on page.

The major benefit is lots of sales, good customer retention.

BigCommerce review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Not robust enough for large businesses"

What do you like best?

I don't have much to compare it to, but there seems to be many options as far as design goes. Customer service is always very kind when we get them on the phone (although they don't ever seem to know the answer to our problems without putting us on hold first). The breakdown of analytics is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is pretty outdated and it's not very intuitive. There is no "preview" button, so you can't see any updates you make to the site without publishing it live, which is a huge problem for an e-commerce site that receives a lot of traffic. The automated emails are very basic and it's very limited in what you're able to customize.

Driving sales, analyzing revenue and lead sources.

BigCommerce review by <span>David D.</span>
David D.

"BigCommerce Rocks"

What do you like best?

BigCommerce has the best technical support of any IT company we have worked with over the past 18 years. 24 X 7, english as first language, intelligent professional provide excellent technical support. It the technical support representative cannot resolve the issue, they open a trouble ticket, fill in all the data, and escalate the problem. Tier II or III level experts work on the issue and follow-up via email.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more help with management of tracking pixels and Google Analytics. Understandably, this is not the responsibility of an E-Commerce Hosting Company; however, it would be great if BigCommerce could provide this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After an extensive search and marketing research, we selected BigCommerce. We are very satisfied with our decision.

Real time inventory management through integration with StitchLabs.

We have significantly increased online sales since we opened our BigCommerce Store. They helped us obtain our Google Trusted Store rating, over 4,000 product ratings through Yotpo, 40,000 new email addresses through integration with JustUno and MailChimp, next day shipping and tracking through integration with ShipStation, and automated product feeds for Amazon and eBay through GoDataFeed.

BigCommerce review by <span>John A.</span>
John A.

"Top notch customer service!"

What do you like best?

The customer service is the best I have ever worked with. I always get a friendly customer service adviser the could help me build my website and help me make changes when I needed. They were always knowledgeable, understanding and took their time helping me to build my website.

The best part was all of the advisers were local and I never had to wait more than a few minutes and I was greeted almost immediately with someone I could understand and could understand me.

What do you dislike?

Some of the web templates are limited in the way I want to configure them ( font, colors ETC...)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer service, easy of use and a solid platform

I had a website that was 11 years old and was on a different platform. the older website was constricted and had a lot of navigation and code problems. Bigcommerce was up to date and offered a new and much needed refresh to my older website. Also, just as important, the back-end of the site is easy to use and make sense

BigCommerce review by <span>Thomas Y.</span>
Thomas Y.

"Perfect fit for this small business"

What do you like best?

We are a small business. However when browsing us on the internet you would never know it. Bigcommerce allows our business to stand head to head with the big guys. Maybe we don't offer as many products as they do but we look just as good. And on top of all that, I can do it all myself in my spare time. No need to hire someone and then try to get them to understand what I want. I simply do it myself.

The "technical" links like getting USPS freight charges automatically calculated, setting up with a secure certificate, linking to credit card processors, or PayPal is easy. Many easy tutorials are available and the help personal aver very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I would like a little easier process for "selling a item" and then having large numbers of options (in our case designs that would go on blankets). Currently I have difficulty showing options large enough to see. Thus I have had to switch them around and "sell the design" and then pick a product (blanket) to put it on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This seems to be a very good platform to start and grow with. There are multiple levels available and the platform can grow with your company.

In a small business growing the business base is always a challenge. This allows us to put our "store front" in front of thousands of people. It also allows us "no issues" payment methods. Communications with our customers are also made easy.

BigCommerce review by <span>Rebecca M.</span>
Rebecca M.

"Like having a full time ADMIN!"

What do you like best?

My store was easy to build, and I have over 300 customized product pages

My store looks amazing

My store is easy to access by my customers, navigate, and complete purchases

Adding products and web content is a snap

Making changes to product and web content is a snap

Customer support is over the top - extensive help pages, but never long at all if you want to talk with someone - AND the "someones" always really know what they're doing and are extremely courteous

Analytic tools are amazing. In an instant I can see what's going on, make comparisons of different business time periods, and track my business growth

Can easily find past orders for clients and customers, customer info (never CC info, which is NOT stored!)

Very easy to process orders for my customers if they prefer to do it that way

Merchant gateway processing options are basically anything you want

New pricing about to be initiated is kind to me and appreciative of my loyalty

Finally, I can't think of ONE negative and would recommend BigCommerce to anyone serious about running a smooth Internet business without the headaches

I haven't taken advantage of their SEO services, but that's just me and my business priorities/time

I haven't taken advantage of their shipping services, but that's just because I already had a system in place

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. When I've needed help with some of the trickier aspects of products, such as - for example - product options and option rules, I've quickly been able to become informed. Sometimes it's simply searching the extensive online support resources, but if time is short and I need help NOW, it's a phone call away and no one says, "You could have found this out for yourself with a little more digging..."

I really don't feel like I have business problems, but I've been using BigCommerce as my e-store host for several years. Maybe that's why!

BigCommerce review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Hands Down Best Ecommerce Platform Around. "

What do you like best?

BigCommerce's support is absolutely amazing. They are Always available , knowledgeable, and responsive. Best I've ever experienced in any tech company.

What do you dislike?

I have Zero complaints with the BigCommerce Platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a small boutique creative agency. I've been setting up and running our client's ecommerce sites on BigCommerce for years. We recently launched our own brand and of course it was an easy decision to use BigCommerce. Highly recommend BigCommerce mainly because the support is top notch.

Direct to consumer sales. Our revenue from the site continues to grow thanks to BC.

Administrator in Design

"BigCommerce Grows My Business"

What do you like best?

Our move to BigCommerce has helped our online business to grow. I like how it works, how it interfaces with Square and Mailchimp, and how I can manage my inventory. This year, our online business has doubled.

What do you dislike?

I think that it would be great to manage more things with less clicks. Also, I wish that I could use Mailchimp's abandoned shopping cart feature. (It's a feature that I have to pay more for.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare all of the features, for the price.

Sales have improved due to better SEO and faster webpage delivery.

Administrator in Design

"A laymen’s experience with big commerce"

What do you like best?

There was very little I disliked about this software. It is super easy to keep up on online traffic and orders at work. It’s super easy to add and take down products from the store feed. All in all a great user experience

What do you dislike?

I honestly didn’t dislike much of anything. Only issue I had was the ease in which to issue a paypal refund but that was solved with one call to customer service

It allows a very simple way to manage online merchandise sales as well as keeping in touch with customers every step of the way with their orders. It makes my online store at work run like a well oiled machine

BigCommerce review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"The right solution for our needs"

What do you like best?

the balance of out of the box functionality with customization allows us to make best use of limited tome to get to market with an optimal ecommerce solution

What do you dislike?

some middleware required to allow for seamless integration

Recommendations to others considering the product

look at all the options and know what you want. Find your edge cases and see who meets them. In our case it was BC

inventory control, multiple currency, excellent merchandising functionality and full SSO integration with out existing enterprise

BigCommerce review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"BigCommerce has low-range Ecommerce Functionality"

What do you like best?

The barrier to entry with BigCommerce is much lower than with more mid-level and enterprise-level ecommerce platforms. There is not a lot of advanced functionality, however the product is very cost-effective for smaller brands looking to sell online.

What do you dislike?

There were a lot of constraints from a navigation and SEO perspective, especially when compared to higher-level ecommerce platforms. However, for similar product price ranges, BigCommerce delivers decent product management and design capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a helpful entry-level ecommerce product that can get your brand online and selling products with the right team implementing in a reasonable timeline.

BigCommerce was a solution to get new brands online with ecommerce capabilities, it was easy to set-up the site without prior ecommerce experience from the brand-side.

BigCommerce review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"We made an excellent choice going with Bigcommerce"

What do you like best?

We were with Yahoo (now Aabaco) for about ten years and wanted to make a switch for some time, but the process seemed daunting.

However, when Yahoo decided to sell off to Aabaco, that gave us a reason!

We researched many options and landed with Bigcommerce because it is local in Austin, Texas, and more importantly, their platform is user friendly, and customer service is unsurpassed. I feel, as a new customer, like they want our business. They seem as though they want us to succeed and this gives us security to put our financial lifeline into their hands. I'm glad we made the decision to make the change - wished we would have done it sooner!

What do you dislike?

When they migrated our site, it did take some time to work on it to get it right. At first, we were paying for our regular plan while we were working on the site for three months (we engaged in the switch during the busy time of the year for our business) and we wasted $1350 - but then, they offered us a pause plan and that's what we are on now, giving us time to work on our site before launch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend.

Being on an antiquated system with Yahoo, we have found there are more options available to us, the site looks fresh, and more functional. Again, the customer service is the best we'll ever find.

BigCommerce review by <span>Kevin C.</span>
Kevin C.

"Great eCommerce Platform for New Users"

What do you like best?

Easy to start selling almost immediately. Set up and themes are self explanatory and it is very easy to connect payment options

What do you dislike?

Vary hard to customize and search functions are terrible . Support is lacking.

Easy way and inexpensive way to bring new products or ecommerce stores to market

BigCommerce review by <span>MIke M.</span>
MIke M.

"One Of The Better Shopping Carts On The Market."

What do you like best?

Great customer support and the control panel is very easy to navigate.Nice theme templates both the free and paid versions.

What do you dislike?

More built social networks to link directly to my website

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Big Commerce a chance I.m sure you'll be very pleased.

A reliable shopping cart that I've never experienced any problems with.

BigCommerce review by <span>Jenna B.</span>
Jenna B.

"Review on e-commerce, Big commerce "

What do you like best?

It's easier to us than most e-commerce websites. It's so simple to maneuver around your site and set up your website. One of the coolest things is that I can accept payments from not only paypal but apple pay and amazon pay as well.

What do you dislike?

The templates are difficult to change if you don't like something on the website.

I am able to manage a lot more on this website with little work which gives me more time to focus on other important things.

BigCommerce review by <span>Veronica M.</span>
Veronica M.

"Big Commerce web platform"

What do you like best?

The user interface. Easy to set up and maintain, love the dashboard and the ability to view the store and back to the admin console to check how things are looking as updates are happening.

What do you dislike?

The fact that we can only have a limited number of carousel images (5 only). I would like to see this expanded to at least 10 to keep it interesting for visitors. Also, I would like to be able to have more sub-menu levels available to do more product groupings.

Fully functional ecommerce facility, linking with third party suppliers for payment gateways, making the transactions seamless for the consumer.

"Support is Top Notch"

What do you like best?

The support has been so wonderful! Everyone we chat with is kind, helpful, quick and ready with more documentation to help us understand the product better. Most of our company is not computer savvy people and changing our entire website, email, ordering and shipping process recently has made for lots and lots of questions and help needed. We could not be happier with our choice to go with BigCommerce purely for their support alone.

What do you dislike?

You do not have as much freedom with changing the themes and templates but, you can work with a developer to make changes that are needed.

easy shopping experience for our customers and better functionality of online promotions.

BigCommerce review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Simple, powerful, a little limited."

What do you like best?

Simple to use without a developer. Makes managing a store as a single person much simpler, rather than Magento Enterprise where making changes was very difficult.

What do you dislike?

A few limitations. Customization of cart guarded, grouping products / kitting doesn't exist, still adding apps, vendors, and options for payment gateways on higher converting cart style.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Small to medium business that needs a powerful system that's easy enough for a single admin to control and customize.

Quick product uploads, tying orders and product pricing to NetSuite. Email automation and LTL calculation.

BigCommerce review by User in Higher Education

"The best all-inclusive e-commerce platform that I know exists!"

What do you like best?

Great knowledgeable customer service to help with every possible question with setup and any issues! Very easy to comprehend features and lots of great integrations with other applications and designs. A very versatile e-commerce platform at a very reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

Nothing honestly. As with all work - I dislike the upfront time and learning curve to use the platform. But this is with all things. They honestly make it very easy to digest

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend bigcommerce because it is well integrated with all the major applications that you can possibly need in your startup business plus it has great interactive support and a great help section under the title Bigcommerce University - Video tutorials and how-to pages were thorough and to the point. You just have to put the time into it to follow through with actions!

BigCommerce review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Good for small business, but not as strong as Shopify"

What do you like best?

Makes creating an ecommerce website very easy. Do not need internal developers to create or maintain. You are likely going to want a graphic designer. Integrates well with email service providers.

What do you dislike?

Big Commerce has a lot of quirks. You cannot access the back end so you cannot customize checkout and there are some SEO things that require work arounds (home page does not have H1 tag). Big Commerce is not that quick with product feature releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Shopify first

Create an ecommerce website for a small company

BigCommerce review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Amazing for small businesses"

What do you like best?

BigCommerce is a very great system to use to track and maintain orders placed through a website.

What do you dislike?

Ideally, I would like to be able to customize the templates more when exporting orders to an excel sheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great software to use that helps create a website, obtain customer orders and does all the dirty work for you (order confirmation and tracking number emails) then this is the software for you.

All of our orders are in one place. We can easily view and track orders, update shipping statuses, obtain user information, find top customers, and create coupon codes for our customers to use. This system is very, very easy to use.

BigCommerce review by <span>Eric T.</span>
Eric T.

"Great multi use platform"

What do you like best?

The diversity of ways to actually use the product.

What do you dislike?

How I can actually build a very diverse website with multiple functions

Placing all of my websites in one place so customers could be aware of them all.

BigCommerce review by <span>Wendy C.</span>
Wendy C.

"Review for Big Commerce"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn , excellent customer service

What do you dislike?

Some things took a little bit of playing around with to figure out, but they have such excellent customer service that when I have a question I contact/chat with them.

An easy to use and customize e commerce site,

BigCommerce review by <span>Bradley P.</span>
Bradley P.

"Good all-round eCommerce solution for online SME's."

What do you like best?

Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is great. We were getting good results on Google even without actually implementing all the SEO features that are offered within BigCommerce.

The platform is easy to implement and maintain, and pretty simple to teach to other users.

Standard templates are not too bad, although you would benefit greatly from hiring a developer or at least going for a paid (responsive) theme.

What do you dislike?

Probably my biggest gripe is that you are not able to do subscription products (i.e. a monthly paid magazine etc) very easily without paying quite a lot extra for a third-party application such as Recurly.

Product filtering is either development work, a paid app, or the top-level package. This should, in my opinion, be standard across all packages.

The product options, although quite powerful, is quite complicated and fiddly unfortunately.

It would be nice to be able to 'bundle' products, which is not currently an available feature.

Fast and smooth transition from bricks-and-mortar to online for us as a non-profit enterprise. Very quickly expanding our market reach through this channel.

BigCommerce review by <span>Shaina H.</span>
Shaina H.

"a review"

What do you like best?

24/7 customer support -------------------

What do you dislike?

- image manager only allows to upload one photo at a time

- theme editor doesnt allow you to search for a file

- cant change multiple product quantities at once

- constantly changing bigcommerce back end menu

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

making a website

BigCommerce review by <span>Gary N.</span>
Gary N.

"Outstanding"

What do you like best?

They actually have a support staff, that answers emails, and phone calls, and helps with your problems.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I dislike, all is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump on, great product, and great support, price is very good as well

Great support, very easy to use

BigCommerce review by <span>Nich P.</span>
Nich P.

"Big Commerce has helped grow my business!"

What do you like best?

BigCommerce is a great solution to get your Ecommerce store up and running, and getting the most out of the possibilities of online retail!

What do you dislike?

They are pretty similar to other Ecommerce providers, and there is not much to self identify them with. With that said, they are one of the better ones.

Providing a secure space online for my clients to interact with me and purchase items!

BigCommerce review by <span>joaquin h.</span>
joaquin h.

"LOVE BigCommerce"

What do you like best?

We love BigCommerce for it great SEO features integrations with all apps

What do you dislike?

we dislike that fact they don't have a Shipping calculator module build in

Recommendations to others considering the product

we are not able to have a professional website site that is easy to manage in house

BigCommerce review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Increase sales and conversion over 3DCart"

What do you like best?

User Interface, ease of use, clear reports, integrated shipping and updates, accessibility of apps, pricing model.

What do you dislike?

Does not have an integrated Affiliate Marketing platform like 3D Cart does. Affiliate marketing is so popular these days it's not conducive to leave this feature out. The apps you can get for it are $30-$60 per month which is high fir just one more feature.

Having my products available online. Quicker conversion then invoicing people, getting emails has been way easier.

BigCommerce review by <span>Martin H.</span>
Martin H.

"BigCommerce Review"

What do you like best?

Powerful ecommerce platform that is always improving.

What do you dislike?

Wish we had the ability to limit shipping options to specific products without a third party solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be pleased with BigCommerce and be able to grow your business with them

Selling on line

BigCommerce review by <span>Jose B.</span>
Jose B.

"Great and Beginner Friendly"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about BigCommerce was that it was beginner-friendly and that I was able to open my shop even during the trial.

What do you dislike?

What I disliked was that I needed a much more wide selection of plugins comparing to Shopify.

BigCommerce allowed me to open up a shop even during the trial so it made me comfortable and there was just nothing to lose.

BigCommerce review by <span>Jeff P.</span>
Jeff P.

"Great for small business"

What do you like best?

The main advantage over shopify is you can use your own payment gateway, so no per transaction fees.

What do you dislike?

App store is a bit weak and doesn't compare to competitors.

Very easy way to sell online

BigCommerce review by <span>Collette S.</span>
Collette S.

"better than shopify"

What do you like best?

cheaper and has more options that don't take me 14 extra clicks to get to

What do you dislike?

there is hardly any plugins to choose from

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you dont know how to develop a theme, bigcommerce doesnt have great out of the box themes so you may have to find a big commerce developer and who knows how many exist.

faster service, easier to use and setup therefore i can have new product and such up faster than anywhere else