BigCommerce

Everything you need to create a successful online store. Create your store. Promote your business. Grow your sales.

Work for BigCommerce?
Oraclecommercecloud logo  e comm  2x

Learning about BigCommerce?

BigCommerce Reviews

Ask BigCommerce a Question
Showing 171 BigCommerce reviews
BigCommerce review by <span>Roselee H.</span>
Roselee H.

Sturdy platform, easy to use

What do you like best?

Big Commerce is a very easy-to-use platform that anyone can learn and use. Ability to manage more than 100 products, as well as 100 + promotional codes. It's simple and convenient to operate. The configuration of the interface is quite large, and anyone who knows CSS and HTML can easily edit the system. This gives you the opportunity to add the sensation of your company to the entire site and makes the transition from other CMS invisible. Excellent customer service, ease of use and a solid platform.

What do you dislike?

They used to have an application on which I could watch sales and orders on my phone, but they do not offer it anymore. And I would be very helpful, not enough of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After extensive search and marketing research, I chose BigCommerce and is very satisfied with my decision. This seems to be a very good platform for beginning and growth. There are several levels available, and the platform can grow with your company.

Bigcommerce allowed me to create a more professional website without spending a lot of money.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BigCommerce
BigCommerce review by <span>Florrie E.</span>
Florrie E.

Wonderful platform with which nice to increase trade.

What do you like best?

I can create my site as I want. I have the most open control of payments and shipping. The opportunity to drive more movement, convert more guest and with no problem selling on plural channels from a single position.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad problems with this software. I guess everything works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this platform, you will build an amazing online store by using the latest features. You will have the best experience for search rankings, quicker page loads and higher converting. Also with analytics system, you will see your important metrics.

For us, it is the big time saver. Great to have full control the online sales way of our company. With this platform, we can increase trade, upgrade our business and try to new channels. It is really easy to study and designed to grow with our company.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

BigCommerce review by <span>Mary I.</span>
Mary I.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

BigCommerce has grown my business by leaps and bounds

What do you like best?

The variety of features available, the excellent customer service and the constant enhancements offered by this platform. BigCommerce keeps the consumer in mind and works hard to help its users to run a profitable business. It is very competitive and stays on top in the market.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing comes to mind at all. If I were to be forced to find something I dislike, I would have to say

it is not being able to send a message to the customer in the shipping notification email/message. This feature was previously available but with one of the enhancements it became no longer available.

One is able to send a message via the printed packing slip but unfortunately I do not utilize this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You will not regret it. The learning curve is very short and you will be pleased with the excellent customer service and the progressive thinking shown by the BigCommerce software.

Being able to get my products before customers without the need for a mortar and brick store.

BigCommerce has allowed me to sell my products nationwide and I have benefited majorly from the many features the platform offer, the excellent customer service and the ongoing enhancements to the platform - there is always something new and exciting with BigCommerce.

BigCommerce review by <span>Michelle B.</span>
Michelle B.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

I'm glad I made the switch

What do you like best?

BC is more e-commerce focused for businesses at any level. From small start ups to large scale companies. The growth possibilities are endless from multiple selling platform integrations, email lists, customer accounts, wholesale accounts, coupon codes for customers, customer driven product recommendations, professional looking site, AMAZING customer service, and the list goes on. The analytics alone are amazing. I feel as if I am looking at google analytics. They are very thorough and have thought of almost everything.

What do you dislike?

The price is high ,but honestly, I've never been happier with my website. I also would love to have an email address for customers that leave feedback. I believe it's important to respond to both positive and negative reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They say you get what you pay for. Very true. I made a huge jump in how much I paid when I switched over, but honestly I should have done it sooner. It had every feature I needed for an ecommerce business.

I now have endless options for growth. There are many features that I don't need currently, but have the option of growing into later without paying more.

BigCommerce review by <span>Paul C.</span>
Paul C.

The top choice for eCommerce platforms - LOTS of integrations

What do you like best?

There are quite a few unique themes to choose from. The designers and community have really made some great looking sites to represent my brand. Customer support is absolutely amazing. They are dedicated and knowledgeable about the best options for me, not the most expensive. And speaking of cost, BigCommerce is insanely scalable. The platform can handle a huge number of orders.

What do you dislike?

There are limited CSS alterations. I have tried to make some style changes that are definitely hidden due to the proprietary nature of the theme I bought. Since I already pay for the site, paying for the app seems kind of unnecessary and I haven't downloaded it because it's not free. I use Zoho for the rest of my business including their CRM and email. (I'd prefer BigCommerce to be my one-stop shop, but a guy can dream)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about ALL the things you want to do: Sell on Amazon, sell on eBay, sell on etsy, sell on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, newsletters, make ads, show reviews on the site, have a live social media feed... the list really is endless. If you can find all of those elsewhere (spoiler: you can't) then go for it. You'll come back to BigCommerce. To be honest, their customer service is incredible!

Creating a hub for education of product using partner add-ons has been incredibly easy with the vast number of 3rd party partners. The options are nearly endless and the integrations keep growing. Just got notified today about selling on Instagram soon. Very proactive. We've been able to generate leads through our efforts with Big Commerce, as well as selling on social channels. Love this company.

BigCommerce review by <span>Natalie C.</span>
Natalie C.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Easy to use platform with excellent integrations & capabilities

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use paired with the professional appearance. I was able to set up my store and learn the back end in a matter of a couple of hours. I was able to get started without the need to learn all aspects and utilize additional features as I found a need.

What do you dislike?

The new ebay integration could use some functionalities to make listings look better. I am exploring options to apply templates etc. Was using inkfrog app which has its benefits (visual) but also weaknesses (problems syncing) - looking forward to getting the direct BigCommerce Ebay channel fully functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I especially love that this platform is expandable. You can start small and pay only for what you use. When you grow, only then do you pay more. You also have a plethora of add-ons at your disposal, both free and paid. I am currently integrated with Ebay and considering expanding to Amazon because it is just so easy!

I am able to let my online store 'run itself' and when I have an order, the ease of getting it filled and shipped are wonderful.

Learning about BigCommerce?

* We monitor all BigCommerce reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.