BigTime

BigTime

Everything you ever wanted in a time management app. Industry-savvy time tracking. One-click invoicing. Customizable reports. Seamless QuickBooks integration.

Work for BigTime?

Learning about BigTime?

BigTime Reviews

Ask BigTime a Question
Showing 254 BigTime reviews
BigTime review by <span>Kate B.</span>
Kate B.

"Great tool, good service"

What do you like best?

BigTime lets me customize time entry for my consultants, and has features such as "contractor" to restrict access to the system when needed. I can get everything I need to bill my clients from my consultants, and only allow them to see what I want in the system. I am a mac user and it does not cause any issues.

What do you dislike?

There have only been a few glitches in the years I've used BigTime, I don't typically run into a lot of issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BigTime has many great features. Sometimes it feels overwhelming to adopt them all, but working with their implementation and support team makes it doable and really helped me use the features that have been incredibly helpful to my work. Spend time learning how to customize reports - it is great!

BigTime allows me to organize and report on time and expenses my consultants need to bill to clients.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BigTime
BigTime review by <span>Stefanie W.</span>
Stefanie W.

"Dynamic Timekeeping & Budgeting for Unique Needs"

What do you like best?

BigTime has been the only solution that has met all our company's unique expectations for a timekeeping and budget tracking solution. It meets all the standard feature expectations - setting up a project with groups and subtasks, assigning teams, dynamic timekeeping view, etc. - but really won us over with the advanced features that were necessary for our operations. This included being able to set custom rates per person per project (and even per task, when needed!), the ability to assign budgets at the task level, flexible permission groups for various user types (regarding feature access, report access, etc.), and an allocation option to allow us to track our project spending against monthly expectations. The reporting is also extremely robust, which has benefited all our teams with unique reporting functions for their individual needs. Even better, all these features lie in the hands of the company account admin, which allows us to make changes immediately with the additional support of the live chat functionality. We have been able to build our BigTime's framework completely customized to our company needs, and have greatly benefited from being able to use a single system for timekeeping and budget tracking on our active and completed projects.

What do you dislike?

Despite its robust functionality, the reporting feature is not the most intuitive. I have found that every report we have internally needed has been possible to create within BigTime, but it takes time to find which report type will meet those needs (not all report types have all fields available). This could be painstaking, and I have required the live chat report to assist me on numerous occasions. Fortunately, the support staff is very knowledgeable when it comes to the reporting features and they have been able to assist me in building the complex reports I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the different subscription options for BigTime. We are currently a Premier member due to the additional features, but also because the new development is focused heavily on the Premier users. Additional features are constantly being rolled out, and we are confident that they are moving in a direction that will continuously benefit our company.

Prior to BigTime, we needed to combine a timekeeping software with manual Excel manipulations in order to track what we call "custom rates." For instance, a single employee may have 2 rates for a single project depending on what he/she is working on. BigTime has solved that issue for us by allowing custom rates at very specific levels (whether that is the project as a whole, the group level, or the subtask level underneath the group). This process is now full automated for us and has largely reduced our risk of human error. Additionally, BigTime has allowed us to report more frequently on project status due to the instant reporting. We can now track our budgets more frequently rather than on the weekly basis we had been doing prior to switching to BigTime. The company has been very happy with the transition ranging from the manager's need of more frequent reporting to the employee's appreciation of the clean timekeeping interface.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

BigTime review by <span>Nik C.</span>
Nik C.

"The BigTime workflow has greatly increased our productivity."

What do you like best?

The way BigTime collects all time entered by employees into the Work-In-Progress page helps us avoid missing any billable time. If an employee works on a project, the time is collected, and management knows to bill for it. No more guessing or relying on memory.

What do you dislike?

Editing invoices once they have been "finalized" is a but clunky, particularly for lump sum invoices. We frequently bill percentages as a project progresses. The "finalized" screen does not display the information as a percentage, despite the previous screen showing everything that way. So in the event that we need to update an invoice, we usually end up needing to delete it, rather than being able to edit what we already have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a solid QuickBooks file before setting up BigTime.

A large part of our business involves working here or there on past projects, as things change or new problems with the project, as a whole arise. Before BigTime, these items would go unbilled, because it's difficult to track time when you are spending only 15 minutes on a project to review a few simple documents. With BigTime's Work-In-Progress time capturing features, we see where every minute goes and we are reminded that those items are billable. Over the last few months have have recovered hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars from these "little" reviews of documents that would have otherwise gone unbilled.

BigTime review by <span>Adam W.</span>
Adam W.

"Solid Time Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

For the price- there is a lot to like with this product, The interface is simple to understand, the program is stable, and in the event there is a problem, it is addressed and remedied very quickly. Also, the customization options, for reports specifically, are also fantastic.

What do you dislike?

For the price, there is not much to criticize with the product. The dashboard could include more info/be linked to reports, but while I say that, know that we are on an older version of BigTime and I believe the newer version has improved Dashboard features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great deal considering the level of customization, integration (quickbooks), and support that is provided. The software seems to scale much better towards small and medium sized businesses than competing products from bigger companies such as Microsoft.

The custom reporting tools have been helpful at highlighting inefficiencies within our business processes. It has saved us time and money.

BigTime review by <span>Jill G.</span>
Jill G.

"New to BigTime"

What do you like best?

The support staff has been quite helpful so far. I am rolling this out to my employees tomorrow and everyone is excited to get started! It seems to be quite user friendly so far. I like the ability to restrict user access so the majority of employees can just log time and expenses without being bogged down with additional options.

What do you dislike?

One thing I'd like is to be able to restrict labor codes per client. Each client has a different level of staff needed so it would be better to be able to restrict entries on the front end to not have to move the labor codes around afterwards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for consulting! I love the ability to customize pretty much everything. There are a lot of options that I'm still learning about.

This will save a lot of time on time entries (and fixing errors). This will also speed up our invoicing workflow by a lot. Our previous system left users unable to easily see how much total time they had logged for any given week, which of course leads to a lot of errors and having to fix them later on.

BigTime review by <span>Blakely W.</span>
Blakely W.

"Our preferred time keeping software"

What do you like best?

I like that I can connect with Quickbooks, but also do all of my invoicing and reporting directly from BigTime. It's user friendly and the support is always helpful and quick.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have issues reconnecting our Quickbooks with BigTime when we update our Quickbooks version. It's always been remedied quickly through the BigTime support but that is the only thing I can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it. We are already in the process of preparing to upgrade to the newer BigTime, because we would like to stay with this company and use this software.

Staff is able to enter time and expenses, it's approved, it goes into our invoicing system, an invoice is created and is sent to our accounting system. Before being on BigTime, we searched for software that was all encompassing. Very few were able to do what BigTime does, especially for the price.

Learn more about BigTime

BigTime Videos

Learning about BigTime?

* We monitor all BigTime reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.