BigTime

BigTime

Everything you ever wanted in a time management app. Industry-savvy time tracking. One-click invoicing. Customizable reports. Seamless QuickBooks integration.

Work for BigTime?

Learning about BigTime?

BigTime Reviews

Ask BigTime a Question
Showing 305 BigTime reviews
BigTime review by Daniel G.
Daniel G.

"Major improvement over our current system"

What do you like best?

BigTime has provided us with the tools to maximize our efficiency when entering time and expenses against consulting projects. It allows us to easily track hours and budgets against specific projects/activities, and it makes reporting a breeze. Since we also utilize QuickBooks, the built-in integration saves us time from having to create separate entries in both systems.

What do you dislike?

The only downfall we have found so far is that we cannot add custom fields to be entered on time sheets which can be used for reporting purposes. For example, we would like to be able to capture the type of work performed for a given activity (i.e. developer, analyst, etc.), as well as the State in which the work was completed (for tax purposes).

We developed an interest in BigTime because we had previously been managing time entry within an Excel spreadsheet. This worked fine initially, but as our team and our number of clients began to grow, this became increasingly difficult to manage. BigTime has made it significantly easier to keep track of our consultants' time, and makes it very easy to summarize hours and expenses for invoicing purposes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BigTime
BigTime review by Nathon C.
Nathon C.

"Top 10 Time Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. The UI is very modern and intuitive. The report customization is great and I have been able to build out many reports to help our management team. Also diversity in ways to set up projects is excellent and gives us the power to create projects/tasks they way we want. The ability track budgets by task is essential for our business and made easy by BigTime.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be nice if one user could have multiple roles on one project. For small companies like ours, it is not uncommon for one person to be performing multiple roles on the same project. I wish there were a few more customization abilities on reports such as including time details on the project budget status reports. Also, I would like to be able to add more details to the project budget status screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend any company that needs to track time and manage products to consider BigTime and if you are using QuickBooks I would say it might be the best tool out there.

We are solving for project management and time tracking. Also, we are able to track utilization and project profitability much easier than before.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

BigTime review by Vicki E.
Vicki E.

"Friendly and helpful support, great product for automation. "

What do you like best?

Reporting features - reports are easy to use, ability to create reports. Import to Quick books is simple. I like that you can click not billable and then when you import to quickbooks it does not bill the client for that time.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little faster, integration between QB can be slow, the invoicing detail does not include dates from timecards but from my understanding, the new IQ Pro will fix that. We are moving over to IQ Pro in the next few weeks and excited to fix some of the issues we have with the old system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a training course to get full knowledge of reporting features as well as import and invoicing options

Automation, time keeping. Benefits are being able to pull from one database to complete payroll and billing, as well as tracking progress and billables. I am sure I will see many more benefits moving over to the new IQ Pro, such as mobile usage, easier use on the expense reporting and ability to upload the receipts right to their phones, as well as easier time adding new projects, jobs, and make it a more streamlined process. I am also looking forward to being able to create rules around overtime, as well as customizing and directly invoicing from Bigtime, rather than from QB. This will allow me to save time pulling additional backup detail because it will be included on the invoice from Bigtime automatically.

BigTime review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Great Solution for Us"

What do you like best?

Since we moved to BigTime for timekeeping and expense reporting, our operations have run much more smoothly and we have improved our compliance posture through timely posting of time and expenses to QuickBooks. The integration with QuickBooks is excellent - the bidirectional synchronization has greatly reduced the administrative burden of manually entering customers, jobs, expense types, and labor categories in timekeeping system - any changes we make in QuickBooks are quickly reflected in BigTime.

What do you dislike?

From time to time the synchronization with Intuit fails, but it's difficult to say if that is a problem with Intuit of BigTime. Regardless, it's easy to restore the synchronization. I would also like to see more alerting, such as a notification that a timesheet was submitted for approval or was not entered or submitted when a pay period ends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to set up, easy to administer, and the integration with QuickBooks is very robust.

We needed a way to directly import/post time and expense data into our accounting system (QuickBooks). Prior to using BigTime, we did a manual import monthly, which was prone to errors and affected our ability to generate accurate and timely reports. Now we post data no less often then weekly, with no errors and we can generate up-to-date reports.

BigTime review by Jodi D.
Jodi D.

"So far so good - great customer service"

What do you like best?

BigTime appears to possess the type of flexibility that our company really needs in order to track our project budgets and time. We're excited to dig in to the capabilities of the software and make our process more efficient. The customer service experience so far has been stellar, from the sales experience with Ty, who was informative and communicative but not pushy, to the onboard session with Brannon, who engaged our group well and covered a lot of material in a short amount of time. The customer service experience has been a big draw as it has instilled confidence in the product, which is in itself a bit of an investment for our company not just in terms of money but also in terms of time and resources given to changing over our system.

What do you dislike?

We are just getting started using BigTime, so it's hard to say at this point what isn't working well for us.

We need to track our time against our project budgets to improve efficiency. We're excited to explore the power functionality of the program.

BigTime review by Allison B.
Allison B.

"I'm extremely pleased with our switch to BigTime Software! "

What do you like best?

Coming from an outdated time & expense tracking system the ease of BigTime has been great for our needs. It is so user friendly, and the support team has been great about responding to all my questions and training.

What do you dislike?

Most fields are customizable which is great, but when you run into one that you can't customize (more specifically on the invoice templates themselves) it makes it harder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really works for us. If you need Time & expense tracking & job cost and use Quickbooks I really believe this software is great. It is also hundreds of dollars cheaper than our old software - the ease of online accessibility is great to.

We needed a real time - time & expense tracking software that integrates with Quickbooks. We have 25+ contractors out in the field every week that we have been manually tracking budgets & entering time & expense each week that just became to much of a task to stay up on. BigTime has been the solution to our old & outdated T&E tracking software. Very happy about this switch!

BigTime review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"Great tool, good service"

What do you like best?

BigTime lets me customize time entry for my consultants, and has features such as "contractor" to restrict access to the system when needed. I can get everything I need to bill my clients from my consultants, and only allow them to see what I want in the system. I am a mac user and it does not cause any issues.

What do you dislike?

There have only been a few glitches in the years I've used BigTime, I don't typically run into a lot of issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BigTime has many great features. Sometimes it feels overwhelming to adopt them all, but working with their implementation and support team makes it doable and really helped me use the features that have been incredibly helpful to my work. Spend time learning how to customize reports - it is great!

BigTime allows me to organize and report on time and expenses my consultants need to bill to clients.

BigTime review by Stefanie W.
Stefanie W.

"Dynamic Timekeeping & Budgeting for Unique Needs"

What do you like best?

BigTime has been the only solution that has met all our company's unique expectations for a timekeeping and budget tracking solution. It meets all the standard feature expectations - setting up a project with groups and subtasks, assigning teams, dynamic timekeeping view, etc. - but really won us over with the advanced features that were necessary for our operations. This included being able to set custom rates per person per project (and even per task, when needed!), the ability to assign budgets at the task level, flexible permission groups for various user types (regarding feature access, report access, etc.), and an allocation option to allow us to track our project spending against monthly expectations. The reporting is also extremely robust, which has benefited all our teams with unique reporting functions for their individual needs. Even better, all these features lie in the hands of the company account admin, which allows us to make changes immediately with the additional support of the live chat functionality. We have been able to build our BigTime's framework completely customized to our company needs, and have greatly benefited from being able to use a single system for timekeeping and budget tracking on our active and completed projects.

What do you dislike?

Despite its robust functionality, the reporting feature is not the most intuitive. I have found that every report we have internally needed has been possible to create within BigTime, but it takes time to find which report type will meet those needs (not all report types have all fields available). This could be painstaking, and I have required the live chat report to assist me on numerous occasions. Fortunately, the support staff is very knowledgeable when it comes to the reporting features and they have been able to assist me in building the complex reports I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the different subscription options for BigTime. We are currently a Premier member due to the additional features, but also because the new development is focused heavily on the Premier users. Additional features are constantly being rolled out, and we are confident that they are moving in a direction that will continuously benefit our company.

Prior to BigTime, we needed to combine a timekeeping software with manual Excel manipulations in order to track what we call "custom rates." For instance, a single employee may have 2 rates for a single project depending on what he/she is working on. BigTime has solved that issue for us by allowing custom rates at very specific levels (whether that is the project as a whole, the group level, or the subtask level underneath the group). This process is now full automated for us and has largely reduced our risk of human error. Additionally, BigTime has allowed us to report more frequently on project status due to the instant reporting. We can now track our budgets more frequently rather than on the weekly basis we had been doing prior to switching to BigTime. The company has been very happy with the transition ranging from the manager's need of more frequent reporting to the employee's appreciation of the clean timekeeping interface.

BigTime review by Nik C.
Nik C.

"The BigTime workflow has greatly increased our productivity."

What do you like best?

The way BigTime collects all time entered by employees into the Work-In-Progress page helps us avoid missing any billable time. If an employee works on a project, the time is collected, and management knows to bill for it. No more guessing or relying on memory.

What do you dislike?

Editing invoices once they have been "finalized" is a but clunky, particularly for lump sum invoices. We frequently bill percentages as a project progresses. The "finalized" screen does not display the information as a percentage, despite the previous screen showing everything that way. So in the event that we need to update an invoice, we usually end up needing to delete it, rather than being able to edit what we already have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a solid QuickBooks file before setting up BigTime.

A large part of our business involves working here or there on past projects, as things change or new problems with the project, as a whole arise. Before BigTime, these items would go unbilled, because it's difficult to track time when you are spending only 15 minutes on a project to review a few simple documents. With BigTime's Work-In-Progress time capturing features, we see where every minute goes and we are reminded that those items are billable. Over the last few months have have recovered hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars from these "little" reviews of documents that would have otherwise gone unbilled.

BigTime review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"Solid Time Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

For the price- there is a lot to like with this product, The interface is simple to understand, the program is stable, and in the event there is a problem, it is addressed and remedied very quickly. Also, the customization options, for reports specifically, are also fantastic.

What do you dislike?

For the price, there is not much to criticize with the product. The dashboard could include more info/be linked to reports, but while I say that, know that we are on an older version of BigTime and I believe the newer version has improved Dashboard features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great deal considering the level of customization, integration (quickbooks), and support that is provided. The software seems to scale much better towards small and medium sized businesses than competing products from bigger companies such as Microsoft.

The custom reporting tools have been helpful at highlighting inefficiencies within our business processes. It has saved us time and money.

BigTime review by Jill G.
Jill G.

"New to BigTime"

What do you like best?

The support staff has been quite helpful so far. I am rolling this out to my employees tomorrow and everyone is excited to get started! It seems to be quite user friendly so far. I like the ability to restrict user access so the majority of employees can just log time and expenses without being bogged down with additional options.

What do you dislike?

One thing I'd like is to be able to restrict labor codes per client. Each client has a different level of staff needed so it would be better to be able to restrict entries on the front end to not have to move the labor codes around afterwards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for consulting! I love the ability to customize pretty much everything. There are a lot of options that I'm still learning about.

This will save a lot of time on time entries (and fixing errors). This will also speed up our invoicing workflow by a lot. Our previous system left users unable to easily see how much total time they had logged for any given week, which of course leads to a lot of errors and having to fix them later on.

BigTime review by Blakely W.
Blakely W.

"Our preferred time keeping software"

What do you like best?

I like that I can connect with Quickbooks, but also do all of my invoicing and reporting directly from BigTime. It's user friendly and the support is always helpful and quick.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have issues reconnecting our Quickbooks with BigTime when we update our Quickbooks version. It's always been remedied quickly through the BigTime support but that is the only thing I can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it. We are already in the process of preparing to upgrade to the newer BigTime, because we would like to stay with this company and use this software.

Staff is able to enter time and expenses, it's approved, it goes into our invoicing system, an invoice is created and is sent to our accounting system. Before being on BigTime, we searched for software that was all encompassing. Very few were able to do what BigTime does, especially for the price.

BigTime review by Jason A.
Jason A.

"user friendly and nothing is a problem for the softwares support staff"

What do you like best?

Bigtime integrates with QBO seamlessly and you are able to set up all custom fields such as cost centers and locations for staff. User friendly for staff logging time (also available by app) and many features for admin staff around approval process for timesheets and invoicing.

What do you dislike?

Anything that is a dislike can be logged as a request to have it changed. For example staff not having a start and finish time when entering times, any other problems we have come across was able to be fixed with the support information (videos and articles) or the online chat help. We have supported an software request to enable groupings of people to be moved around tasks within a project - but were also showed a different way to do this for now

Recommendations to others considering the product

try before you buy and see for yourself

We have used BigTime to solve the issue we were having around employees not being happy with the ease of use of previous software and the cost to the business for a solution that we were not using all the features for. Big Time has proved to be a cost effective and easy way to monitor times allocated to projects and than be able to invoice based on these times and information.

BigTime review by Teri C.
Teri C.

"BigTime review from Core"

What do you like best?

I think what I like the best is the ease of use for our employees and contractors. We have many "dinosaurs" in the construction field who are not always very computer literate. Once you spend a little time with them, they find it easy to use which makes my life alot easier too.

What do you dislike?

We cannot hook up 3rd party software from our copier into BigTime. There is no way to import their information to drop onto our invoices. This is a huge piece that currently I am having to input manually and will ultimately force us to move over to another invoicing system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to do the onboarding training with them, utilize every free class.

We are finally able to use BigTime as it was intended and can invoice our clients directly. When the posting of payments was working with quickbooks it made things even better as I did not have to jump between programs. I would love to see that feature working again.

BigTime review by Chad F.
Chad F.

"Very informative and interactive training session with Brannon"

What do you like best?

The energy level was kept high and questions answered efficiently without being talked over. The fact that Brannon was driving us while screen sharing vs him driving the screens helped all of us retain the material greatly. The training was very interactive, Brannon understood our needs and showed us multiple ways to accomplish what we were looking for. Overall, great job training us.

What do you dislike?

The training was great, will be looking forward to the next training on Reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have not fully implemented or used long enough for me to be able to articulate a recommendation list at this time.

We are trying to solve having a better reporting than our previous tool. Also, BigTime allows us to track multiple roles and rates within the same project that our previous tool could not accomplish. We are looking forward to ease of reporting and being able to customize our reports that could not be accomplished previously.

BigTime review by Lisa P.
Lisa P.

"Big Time Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. And the reporting functions. We are getting much more transparency into our business. Being able to support users remotely is also a plus. The integration settings with QuickBooks Desktop are for the most part easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

We have some minor issues with programming and sometimes the amount of time to resolve is frustrating. Some of the "lists" we cannot access directly to correct errors and must go thru support to get cleaned. Would be nice to have more programming access for advanced users. We have not been able to fully use the Credit Card features as the transactions come over to QB in the employee's name and we need these to go to the vendor account & not the employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use QuickBooks, Big Time is a good partner for time & expense tracking

Knowing what is invoiced and what isn't - and then knowing when employees have late submissions of time& expenses. This is giving us much better visibility than our previous tool.

BigTime review by Tim A.
Tim A.

"A good work in progress"

What do you like best?

The login screen works every time and my browser allows me to save the credentials.

What do you dislike?

In no particular order

Bulk invoice output sort

Rate management is all over the place; can't disable unused rate types.

No schema or map available for where report data comes from so it is difficult to create salient custom reports with contacting support.

QB customer terms not transferred to BigTime client projects and maintenance is 1st edited next used, next edited, next used at the invoice process level.

Expense image output is hit / miss for clarity on print.

No easy way to test when everything is production.

Invoice customization is unintuitive and has no preview feature

Time entry interface inconsistent between grid view and day view.

No billable line items vs. no charge line items business paradigm perception differences

Recommendations to others considering the product

Negotiate a test environment that you can link to a test QB company for product evaluation and implementation planning.

Pay for the test environment and have you staff collaborate as a team to develop the method that works best for you.

Try to develop as much reporting as possible from within BigTime.

The API is functional but not intuitive and the documentation has holes in it.

BigTime was supposed to help streamline out billing and expense management process; the billing process now currently take 1 day longer than it originally did.

Expenses were never really embraced and are used only for adding line items to customer billing rather than consultant expense tracking as intended.

Management has lost faith in BigTime and has retained outside resources to evaluate other products.

BigTime review by carolyn p.
carolyn p.

"BigTime review"

What do you like best?

The software is highly configurable. very easy to figure out! So well designed. The reporting is amazing - it takes very little effort to figure it out. The configurable fields are so easy to figure out and the fact that I can report against them is great - other programs offer configurable fields but you can't report against it. I cannot say enough how much I love BigTime

What do you dislike?

Support bad. Chat is only available a few hours a day. When I submit tickets there is no reference to what the ticket is about, so I lose track. The chat window does not make any sounds so I sometimes forget I'm chatting. It is stuck to the browser window so if I accidentally close it I lose the chat. Support is pretty darn bad. Good thing your software is so good.

We don't need to track in excel anymore. CEO can look into the system as opposed to looking for a report with an email. At any time we can see progress associated with a project

BigTime review by Renee D.
Renee D.

"User friendly software, great project management and billing package"

What do you like best?

Was a very easy software to move into and build out our projects in. The invoicing function is so easy it has allowed me to focus on other areas rather than creating invoices. The ease between BTS and QB is also a huge time savor. Entry error by end users has been cut down as we build the projects into their screens and can see their receipts with submission and catch errors right away.

What do you dislike?

Currently the credit card selection is not available on mobile. But it is still very user friendly without it and we have a work around until this function is available, which they are working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an excellent time and expense software especially for the cost. The billing portion allows many options to match our different customers needs.

We moved from a home-grown software into BTS, which has allowed us to move away from so many manaul steps and double checks and we can use that time towards other projects. In addition, it allows our PM's to have "real time" updates on their projects hours and expenses to help oversee their budgets. The functionality between BTS and QB is also a time saver as it reduces double entry work and therefore, less errors.

BigTime review by Deborah C.
Deborah C.

"President"

What do you like best?

The trainer was SO knowledgeable about the product, was super flexible to answer specific questions and give high level process overview. It was apparent that she is a SUPER user with expert knowledge, she was clear, concise and excellent at showing/teaching/confirming our understanding. She was passionate and openly willing to share her expertise!

What do you dislike?

The resource allocation feature only allow for hours projections, but it would be GREAT if the tool can also show the impact on costs/the budget while you are building up/adjusting resource allocations. Would make it much more useful and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the sales demo seriously - use that time to confirm Big Time can do what you need, and use the available resources to self-service your questions. There is so much available and it is easily searchable.

We had lots of accounting/QBO integration questions, bill rate usage questions, and general invoicing process questions. Like how to enter vendor expenses, subcontractor costs, etc.

BigTime review by Thomas L.
Thomas L.

"Excellent Software for time and resource management"

What do you like best?

The added resource allocation and revenue projection feature has been a life saver. Now I can easily see which of my staffers are being over- or under-utilized and adjust hourly allocations accordingly. The support team has been great at getting me started with these new features, and helping me with getting through the learning curve quickly. The reporting ability is particularly powerful, allowing me to show my project managers how resources are being utilized on their projects.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I have found at this point that I don't like. I do know that I need to dedicate more time to fully understand all of the features and benefits of the software, at which point I may be able to provide more a productive critique.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent product, especially at it's price point considering the extensive suite of features.

I have realized increased employee productivity and the ability to understand and project where resources are being and going to be utilized early on in a project to help budgets to stay on track and to minimize burn rate.

BigTime review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Best Money We Have Spent in Our Business"

What do you like best?

BigTime has been the best thing for our business. We are now able to bill much more quickly & efficiently than ever before. We are a small civil engineer firm (less than 35 employees) but we needed a innovative way to bill our clients. Our old billing computer was dated & couldn't provide us our growing firm fast enough billing turn around time. BigTime works perfectly & the using this web based program makes it so that we are able to work from our office, homes or anywhere! The ability to bill our clients quickly & efficiently has taken away all the financial stress of our billing department. I would recommend it to anyone! & Brea Phillips, our customer service success point woman is by far one of the most professional people I have worked with. & I have been with our firm for 21 years. She is always available, pleasant & totally gets our needs. The best!

What do you dislike?

We have had such success with this program, that we really have zero complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste time with other programs. This is definitely perfect for engineering firms.

We are able to bill & receive payments so much faster than we ever have. It has been the best thing that has happened for our firm.

BigTime review by Angelina M.
Angelina M.

"Fantastic software to measure your company's time management and productivity "

What do you like best?

Time management. I like that you are able easily see how you and your employees allocate time . Logging a short note allows you to oversee exactly what everyone is working on and bill clients with more accurate data. Also, the expense tracking feature - tracking time and expenses in one system makes it much easier for me and my company to keep track of all hours and expenses worked daily, weekly, monthly, etc. This feature is great for business trips and provides a quick solution to keeping everything you need to track and bill in one place. The app makes the product easy to access and add time or expenses from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I do wish some of the categories were easier to change by the user for creating reports, but this is easily done by contacting the BigTime customer service reps who can assist you with anything you need assistance doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a easy software to use to track time, expenses, project management and overall productivity, I highly recommend using BigTime. It easily integrates with QuickBooks, which makes it an optimal solution for employers. BigTime allows my company to keep track of employee productivity whether employees are working in the office, traveling or working remotely. The customer support team responds quickly and is always able to help solve whatever issues I've had arise.

Employee productivity! Since incorporating BigTime, our productivity has increased immensely. Once employees started to keep track of their time on each project they were working on, they were able to restructure their time on certain tasks and increase their overall efficiency. This has helped me and other employees to further understand where we are spending our time while balancing multiple roles and/or projects. Additionally, it holds everyone accountable for putting in their hours towards the company's success.

BigTime review by Mauricio  E.
Mauricio E.

"Great time keeping software"

What do you like best?

The facility to keep track of all our projects and employees in one place

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports and the fact that the terms variates in the software. I have not found a way to see the expenses after approval in order to make the reimbursement to the employees. After the approval I have to go and see at the expenses per employee in order to look for amounts to reimburse during certain period.

The only thing missing is to compare actuals vs estimates (allocations) for updating budget purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a very simple to use software with a ton of potential

We solve the issue of keeping excel spreadsheets to keet track of timesheets and budget. Also with allocations we solve the problem of knowing employees availability during certain time period.

BigTime review by Michele L.
Michele L.

"Big Time"

What do you like best?

I like that is cloud based so multiple users can use at the same time. Reports seem to have the ability to be customized however I'm fairly new so I haven't figured out all the ways to do it yet. It syncs with QB which is a nice feature for sending out the final invoice.

What do you dislike?

Invoicing. It seems like fields that have been entered sometimes revert back to a default and it can be frustrating to have to go back and redo. Customer support is slow, you generally have to leave a message and then it gets returned some time later both when phoning in or try to chat on the website.

Multiple users can use at once. The report features once I learn how to customize a bit better.

BigTime review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"BigTime Keeps Us Organized and On The Move"

What do you like best?

I love the remote access for sub contractors and remote employees and the fact that it easily syncs with quickbooks, ensuring that our billings to all clients are accurate and timely.

What do you dislike?

I really wish that there was an option to create a vendor bill in QB using subcontractor time. Typically I turn around and pay each subcontractor for the time logged. It would be nice to create the bill automatically with job costing automatically applied on the vendor side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This app will save you time and keep you organized. You should take the time to set it up correctly and develop proper procedures. You will bill more and keep your projects on task!

Remote staff/subcontract management, automation of time keeping process.

BigTime review by Allison R.
Allison R.

"Good for simple time tracking "

What do you like best?

- Straightforward design is easy to understand and input hours. When it comes to inputting hours and expenses, it gets the job done quickly and efficiently.

- Timer option allows users to track minutes spent on tasks in real-time, and this is automatically recorded on the timesheet.

What do you dislike?

- The site crashes occasionally, though that may be a browser issue.

- The user experience takes a bit of time to get used to, but once the user becomes familiar with it this isn't a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put time into training employees how to use the platform to ensure that they understand the interface.

We are able to better understand how much time is spent on each client, which is input into our client service reports. This way, we can identify areas where we are spending too much time, and others where we need to devote more hours.

BigTime review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="e6b4edac-7c3b-4f67-b6f0-0f22e93bffc9">Lindsay S.</span>
Lindsay S.
" itemprop="name" />

"Great Platform for Professional Services Firms"

What do you like best?

Simply put, the Integrations. The Quickbooks Integration is seamless and easy to manage - I particularly like that I can go in and link all types of objects from Quickbooks, whether it is a project, department, class, product or account, directly to another object within BigTime. Many other platforms use bulk uploads and built-in algorithms to facilitate integrations which in my view is lazy and causes more back-end work to get Quickbooks to report / flow properly. BigTime seems to really understand the importance of a one-to-one relationship in their integrations and from an accountant's perspective, this is a dream come true!

What do you dislike?

I wish the scheduling/budgeting feature were a little more robust. I think with the integration of SalesForce that perhaps this is a future change / improvement they are planning. It would be helpful to be able to budget based on opportunities and scheduled work.

Additionally, more automation would a great addition - dependencies, notifications, etc. would help with corporate workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great Platform for Time and Expense tracking, this is a great choice. They continuously make improvements and have best practices webinars so you know that the product is still being improved and developed to meet further needs. I think BigTime is a good choice for a company anywhere from 2 - 500 employees. Particularly for Services organizations and those using Quickbooks and SalesForce.

Having the ability to attach receipts directly to travel invoices has been an incredible timesaver for us. Additionally, it is user-friendly for our professional services team and because the interface is so easy to navigate, we were able to simply ask new hires to log in and start recording time rather than sending them through a rigorous training process for a bulky system.

BigTime review by Eric L.
Eric L.

"Ideal tool for time and Expense traking for Professional Services Companies"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, designed for a small to medium sized Professional services organization. It addition it has h very strong integration with Quickbooks eliminating the need for redundant entry of time, expense, or invoice information.

Big Time also makes it simple to track the status and remaining available billable dollar amounts on any ongoing contracts.

What do you dislike?

The only missing piece of functionality is the ability to restrict expenses codes by projects so all expenses codes, even non-billable ones are available to billable projects.

Professional Services Time, Expense, Contract status and invoicing. Most time tracking applications are not designed for professional services applications most are geared toward payroll processing. BigTime is perfect for time and expense tracking in a client billable frame of reference.

BigTime review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"Training & New User"

What do you like best?

Training - The training provided by Brannon was very beneficial. It obvious they know the system in and out and were able to provide customization for my firm. Operational - Invoices are created from the inputs of users without the administrative task of compiling time and expense for by the billing department.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see cost of service have the ability to be a percentage instead of a fixed cost. For example, our consultants receive a commission percentage of their hours multiplied by their billing rates....and billing rates vary depending on the client.

Removing paper time and expense sheets and increasing efficiency from creating bills from the system's compilation of time and expense versus a a group of people compiling time and expenses.

BigTime review by Stephane L.
Stephane L.

"Very professional and insightful software"

What do you like best?

I have found the interface intuitive, the company extremely supportive and I felt that they want you to succeed in your goals not simply sell you some software (outstanding on-boarding by Brannon Hollingsworth). I have found I was up-to-speed quickly and found their online resources excellent

What do you dislike?

If I had to find something, I would say the colours and graphics are a tad mild in today's drop-shadowed world with bright colours

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something running quickly and then take the time to customize further later, I found this an excellent solution

We needed a way to track how we were doing on our projects at each phase of our scope of services. BigTime has provided this to us in spades. The reports are extremely useful.

BigTime review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Great Solution for Time & Expense Tracking"

What do you like best?

When moving to a new platform there is always a learning curve in becoming familiar with the new application. The Onboard Training met & exceeded my expectations for helping to make the software work with our company. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable and the follow-up on any questions or review from training & support is immediate.

What do you dislike?

The program is not as initiative as it could be, which makes the initial set-up a bit more challenging. Since BigTime is a very powerful application, which offers an incredible amount of options, but it that also means it can be very complicated to jump in with out training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BigTime is an excellent product; Make sure you have enough time to dedicate to setting it up properly, take advantage of all of the training (in person, online webinars & blogs). If you invest the time in the beginning, you will have a very powerful tool to help your business grow. This is a great solution to having employees be able to track their time and expenses in real-time, which helps to make the billing process run more efficiently.

BigTime has offered a excellent solution to real-time "time tracking' & expenses for our employees. It has been a very good solution that works very well with QB Online. In the future, we would like to start integrating the tools available to help the business in the areas of Invoicing, Detailed Reporting and Project Management.

BigTime review by Administrator

"Time and Expense Software for consulting firm"

What do you like best?

BigTime is a great way for remote employees and consultants to enter their time and expenses. The program makes it easy to enter one's hours to projects and it lets one upload receipts for easy review. I also appreciate the customer support. In particular, Nancy has always been the most knowledgeable and most helpful on multiple occasions throughout the years. She always returns emails quickly and knows how to solve my problems - or finds a way.

What do you dislike?

When entering time - I would prefer that the Engagement and Project were linked by default for certain staff members, because they can mistakenly select the wrong combination when they select it themselves.

Easy access for staff to enter time and expense. It's also very nice to be able to invoice our clients directly from the system through email. The invoices also post to Quickbooks automatically no so journal entries need to be made separately in our Quickbooks system.

BigTime review by Julia T.
Julia T.

"Everything we need to help us manage our business!"

What do you like best?

Big Time is very user-friendly and fairly intuitive. My Staff didn't need a lot of training at all to input their Timesheets. As Administrator, I was able to navigate my way around, enter Projects with Tasks and Budgets, add Billing Rates, without much difficulty at all. I also review, approve and post Staff time to Quickbooks.

Also, the Big Time Knowledge base on their website is very detailed so, if you have a question, there is a very good chance that the answer is there. There are also YouTube videos that you can review for added support. Then, there is always Support that you can contact and get a response pretty quickly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike at this point in time.

We didn't have a timesheet system at all so we were unable to track time efficiently and therefore, had difficulty maintaining project budgets. We also had no central location for all our information. PROBLEMS SOLVED!

BigTime review by lisa c.
lisa c.

"Best invoicing system for our company"

What do you like best?

BigTime provided us with a powerful, flexible invoicing system that produces a professional, highly customizable invoice for professional T&M services. Our invoices now provide a summary overview of authorized and remaining budgets, plus enough detail and depth for our clients to quickly approve and pay. Also, the timesheet entry portion is fairly intuitive and easy for our engineers to use. Their personalized training sessions has helped us with set-up and troubleshoot problems.

What do you dislike?

So far, we haven't had any problems that BigTime has not been able to solve. As we mature, we will most likely explore more functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoy the one-on-one training sessions included in our subscription. The trainer took the time to review our account beforehand and provide helpful suggestions to improve our implementation and sync with Quickbooks. They even record the training session so I can review the material afterwards.

We are a start up, so we need streamlined integrated systems to help manage our financial, project management and resources with minimal overhead and manpower support. BigTime should save us time and money in producing invoices, reports, and tracking systems to support us.

BigTime review by Carole W.
Carole W.

"Great Timekeeping and Billing Software"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly! Brannon Hollingsworth and all the onboarding personal is very knowledgeable and helpful. Works awesome with QB desktop. Removes non valued added work. There's no more double or more of the same entries. The support team is very quick to respond when you reach out to them. Nancy with Live Support team is always willing to help. Very quick to respond! BigTime is a great timekeeping and attendance for any size company. You can customize to fit your needs. They have a ton of knowledgebase training classes. BigTIme sync's with QB automatically for real time reporting through QB. BigTime has made life better for our team members when tracking expenses and time.

What do you dislike?

The mobile APP needs a little bit of work but overall works better then most. At the moment you can't select a credit card on the APP but they have confirmed they are working on. We would like to see multi level approval process added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very User Freindly - You can't go wrong - Worth the money

Big Time saves a lot of time processing payroll and invoicing clients for QB users. I no longer have to enter employee's hours manually and cuts down on mistakes. The way Big Time intergrades with QB there's no more double entries to process which minimalizes mistakes and leaves time for more valued added work. I no longer have to keep a spreadsheet to track budgets, BigTime's budget tracking is very user friendly.

BigTime review by Renee T.
Renee T.

"Best Support Team Around"

What do you like best?

Big Time has a very easy user interface, and our employees are able to navigate through their system with ease. When we do have questions come up, their Support Team is fantastic. Everyone is quick to reply and is very willing to go above and beyond to help resolve issues in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the QB sync agent can be a little quirky, but no real issues at all that I can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into different access levels needed for various employees and reporting functions needed.

We mostly utilize the time tracking software and it has been essential to our payroll/invoicing. The reports are also very helpful and assist us in identifying and tracking errors as well.

BigTime review by Yvonne K.
Yvonne K.

"Big Time User"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, allows me to create my own reports with the data I want, not just what they have considered standard.

What do you dislike?

Because my company uses this in a cloud environments, I have to have the sync connection to QuickBooks in the cloud also, which requires someone signing into QB before the sync can be connected. The feature is supposed to be always connected even when the program is closed. Worked like that when on my desktop, but not fully in cloud environment yet.

Big Time has a mobile application which allows my employees to put their time in directly to a job as soon as they finished the work. This helps our company keep up to date on job status, saves time for employees when they do not have to log into a computer or forget to enter time against a job when having to enter later, saves money when we do not need to provide all employees tablets or computers to carry in the field.

BigTime review by Mary Z.
Mary Z.

"BigTime support is there when I need it"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to navigate, record and post into our Accounting software. It works great synching to QuickBooks and between the two of them we keep track of hours worked on each project and can bill directly to QuickBooks. Our jobs database is always available for any information needed,

What do you dislike?

That the BigTime monitor requires the computer it's on to always have an account logged in. It will be great if the BigTime monitor was more like a service that can run in the background, because after a shutdown specially an unexpected one unless we go to that computer and log in and then start the monitor we are left unable to use Bigtime until that happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

Time tracking not only for payroll but time directly related to jobs. We can print time spent on different projects whenever the client or the user requires it. We also use it for Invoicing and by having such a smoth synchronization with QuickBooks it makes it a breeze to bill customers for the exact time we have spent on each project. We also use it for expense reports and post them to QuickBooks and then issue the checks from QuickBooks. It is simple and user friendly to use while it does all the hard stuff in the background for us.

BigTime review by Renee D.
Renee D.

"Awesome product/Excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

The product itself is very user friendly. It works seamlessly with QuickBooks. The support team is amazing. They are always fast to reply, willing to do screen-shares to help with issues, and they stick with you until the problem is solved.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have a dislike. Like any software, it is always changing. All the changes have been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very user-friendly product. It does what it promises too. The support is outstanding. We have found using Big Time Software has made us much more efficient.

We have streamlined our time/expense approval, which has our invoicing time down to about 1/2 of what it once was. The reporting is "live" time. We have just signed on for the Allocation tool. We feel this will help our team be more efficient with who is on site at which location and when.

BigTime review by Janice P.
Janice P.

"Great Support from a great Company"

What do you like best?

Nancy S's response time to my "urgent" request was impressive and timely. When payroll is pending, time is critical and Nancy understood that fact.

What do you dislike?

There was not any aspect of her reply that I did not like. She was timely, professional, understanding, and accurate in her reply.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly, the support team is professional, polite, timely, and an example for other companies to see.

We are able to use your Professional Services Automation, Billing, Expense Mgt, Project Mgt, and Time Tracking modules. We now have more accurate, timely, Invoice generation, timecards/time tracking, etc. And we are working with Brea an Jacob on potentially turning on our DCAA module.

BigTime review by Jenny C.
Jenny C.

"Brea and Brannon are excellent trainers. Lina is fantastic at the help desk."

What do you like best?

Brea's webinars are clear, full of information and interesting. Brannon is very quick to supply answers asked in the webinar. I regularly attend Bigtime's webinars and each time I learn new uses and tips and information.

Lina is very conscientious and diligent with her help desk solutions, she takes the time to understand my issues and provides timely advice.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, all good! There was nothing to dislike :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Time sheets in BigTime are easy to use.

It's worth using the webinars to find out about the best way to use the program. The webinars are excellent.

Automation of time sheets, invoicing, project management and integration with Quickbooks Online. BigTime has saved me a lot of time.

BigTime review by User

"Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

The well-developed platform has been helpful in managing my timesheet within my agency. The platform ensures timely, precise, and organized reporting for our Billing team, and we're excited to continue to find efficiencies thanks to BigTime.

Our team was given a full introduction of BigTime and how to get started in the platform (thank you, Brannon!), which made the process less daunting and cumbersome. The platform remains user-friendly and easy to navigate, with simplistic design that does not distract from its purpose.

What do you dislike?

There's always room for improvement, and I dislike that in some locations on the website, the scrolling capabilities become sticky and website content is cut-off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you are introduced to the platform by a BigTime respresentative. It will set the foundation for using the platform correctly and to its full potential. The start-up is simple, but the high-touch client service model that BigTime employs is helpful.

The most important business problem that's being solved is accurate time reporting. The biggest benefit is ensuring agency vitality, as we depend on hours accrued for our internal project teams and our clients.

BigTime review by Katie P.
Katie P.

"Simple, easy process for time tracking"

What do you like best?

-It has a mobile application, which is helpful for days I have to leave work in a hurry or don't have time to submit at work.

-Simple design, it''s really easy to use

What do you dislike?

-It would be nice if it sent out notifications or reminders that you haven't done your BigTime for the day. Some days I forget, which is my fault, but a reminder from BigTime would be helpful!

My company wanted to be better at tracking how many hours we spend on tasks, to overall be better at serving our clients efficiently. Having BigTime helps me be more conscious of how long certain things are taking me at work. It also helps management see how their team is performing and which clients may be overserviced for the week/month.

BigTime review by Frank M.
Frank M.

"Excellent Product, Great Service"

What do you like best?

Big Time has a large number of features that makes it perfect for our needs. I manage fifteen different contractors who work on their own schedules, so for them to enter their time remotely is easy and convenient. Converting time entries into invoices is simple, and tracking payments is also very easy. Set-up was very intuitive. However, the best part of working with Big Time has been the customer service. During the two Onboard sessions, Brannon and Brea walked me through the features of the platform, and addressed specific questions to help me tailor BigTime to my unique needs. We have been using BigTime since July 2017, and Brannon and Brea are still available to me to help me fine tune BigTime to make using it as efficient and as easy as possible.

What do you dislike?

Brannon and Brea have helped me address any concerns, I have, so any problem I have run into which might cause me to dislike anything, have been solved by them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to use the free trial to play with it. It's pretty intuitive to set up. Use your free Onboard sessions to tweak the platform to meet your specific needs.

I have been able to automate my time tracking, invoicing, and payroll with BigTime. It has shortened the time I spend my monthly billing and payroll by 75%.

BigTime review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"Dynamic with user friendly interface"

What do you like best?

Portable, dynamic, interfaces well with QuickBooks, great onboarding with Brannon Hollingsworth.

Lots of functionality which we havent yet tapped, will be a continuous process to reach best practices.

What do you dislike?

Disconnect to payroll, not ability to monitor overtime and banked time, must manually maintain outside of all software in excel. Lack of ability to take it all in and set it in motion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to do proper setup, trying various scenarios to test robustness of the setup. Lots of support materials in many formats to suit different people and needs.

Real time information, project management tool. Sets a framework for our junior personnel to follow without waiting for learning curve.

BigTime review by Administrator

"Migrating to Big Time for professional services firm"

What do you like best?

We’ve used other professional services time tracking, billing, project management etc. tools, but my favorite thing about Big Time is that it is much easier to use so far. It focuses on the time/expense tracking aspects for consultants instead of trying to also solve a complex project management tool solution at the same time. It’s easy to use and customize for our needs, and that’s why I like it.

What do you dislike?

The UI feels clunky and outdated. Once you get used to it, it’s not a real problem - just aesthetic. The mobile apps are also limited to time/expense entry only.

We are using Big Time to track billable time for professional services projects with dozens of customers. Consultants track their time/expenses in Big Time, and management uses the tool for detailed reporting, invoicing clients, and syncing data with QuickBooks. We use it to run our business, essentially.

BigTime review by Genevieve K.
Genevieve K.

"Helping our company grow - taking economic analysis to the next level."

What do you like best?

The layout and appearance of Big Time is not intimidating or overwhelming. It is a very user-friendly and easy to navigate accounting software. At the same time, the power it offers is customized data entry and reporting cannot be compared to any other options we reviewed.

What do you dislike?

As with any new accounting program, there is a considerable investment in time and Human Resources. I do not like taking my focus off of growing my company; however, Big Time is critical to growing the company and taking it to a new level.

Our current financial reporting tools do not allow for adequate description or delineation into various sub-categories. We cannot adequately evaluate the profitability of various stages of projects. Additionally, we are spending too much time and money on bookkeepers and data entry. Big Time will expedite accounting activities and allow us to more accurately bid on new projects.

BigTime review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"Nice and simple time recording"

What do you like best?

The ability to set multiple timers really allows time recording to be more accurate.

What do you dislike?

Not completely a dislike, but it would be great to see downloadable software to make the process of creating, starting, and pausing timers even more integrated and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BigTime is a really simple to use time recording program. The multiple timers helps making time recording much easier and a little more automated.

The biggest benefit to BigTime is allowing users to be more efficient with their time. Using timers, and the other features of the program allows for less time spent on manually tracking time, and leaves more time to spend on client work.

BigTime review by Stefanie R.
Stefanie R.

"Very User Friendly Program"

What do you like best?

So far the training, staff, customer service and knowledge base have been very helpful in the learning process. We are hoping to be able to use Big Time to easily track and bill our time. It is much more intuitive and easy to use than other similar products we've tried previously.

What do you dislike?

I wish it synced with other programs other than just Quick Books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their youtube video, webinars and customer service as initially thinks can be confusing. This helps a lot.

We are hoping this will become and easy, user friendly way for us to track and bill our time and show profitability.

BigTime review by Rosa F.
Rosa F.

"Easy to use software!"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can keep my project management organized, keep track of the hours I work and what type of work I am tracking.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I dislike anything. The interface and the design are so simple and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to keep track of your projects and the time spent on each one, if you want to make your billing easier, this is the best software to use.

I am more productive because I have peace of mind that the software will keep track of my time and all my activities.

BigTime review by Erica  S.
Erica S.

"Help with Reports"

What do you like best?

Being we are somewhat new to BigTime, I like that fact that there is Live Chat to help with any issues / questions we have with BigTime

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the report section. I don't find it user friendly and think there could be some improvements. For example, most of the times I want to do a report for a specific project, however their is no filter or edit to pick a specific project. It brings up info on all projects. Also find "create a report" is just super confusing.

Makes billing a whole lot easier and faster!!!!!

BigTime review by Desiree F.
Desiree F.

"Simple and elegant design, without compromising on quality of reporting capabilities! "

What do you like best?

Time utilization tracking and simplicity of interface. Ty Sank was my account manager, and he is extremely helpful, responsive, and willing to go the extra mile to help customize my invoice template to the exact layout I needed, even before we signed on the line. He did not use a cookie-cutter sales pitch with me, and I appreciated dealing with a real human being who was able to deliver a quality product for our specialized needs!

What do you dislike?

Requires integration with QB before it could populate sales tax information. Some of the terms used in the program also required a bit of getting used to because my industry uses different different terminology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a company that does not use QB Online, that might be a bit problematic, as it'll require manual coding in the back end to get information such as tax rates etc.

Ability to analyze timesheet for profit margins, time utilization, business projects, easy invoicing with ability to move time around, doing timesheets on the go.... the list is never ending!

BigTime review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"It's been exciting to see all it can do"

What do you like best?

It's intuitive, clean, and does a whole lot more than you would think it can do after using it on a trial basis. I highly recommend talking to the sales staff about exactly what your needs are. The system is very flexible and customizable in an easy way.

What do you dislike?

The system did not have a good solution to invoice a service that is based on a fixed amount plus a variable charge. We had to figure out a work around for that.

Tacking professional services workflow, project management, billing rate tiers, time, expenses, and invoicing.

BigTime review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"Best Time and Expense Software for Consulting"

What do you like best?

I just started using BigTime but I was able to configure it for our company in just a few short hours of learning. It's format works great for our consulting company because it has flexible ways to assign rates for time entry/invoicing. Expenses also work well for reimbursable expenses for our employees. It also has the best Quickbooks integration I've seen in a Time and Expense app. It does two-way syncing between Quickbooks and BigTime and also creates all the necessary time, expense, bill, and invoice entries I need in Quickbooks. I compared all the other available apps for integration with Quickbooks and BigTime was the by far the best choice.

What do you dislike?

It's more expensive than I'd like, but it's the only app that met our needs as a consulting company and for integration with Quickbooks Online. For all that, I'm willing to pay a little extra.

Saves us a lot of time by allowing our consultants to enter their time and expenses, and then integrating into Quickbooks Online. It also allow me to have consultants enter all their credit card expenses so I don't have to track them down at the end of the month.

BigTime review by Caitlin M.
Caitlin M.

"Great software for project and time management, boost productivity"

What do you like best?

It's an easy to use interface that is very helpful in tracking time on project workload. It helps realize where I can be more productive, where I'm spending too much time and where I could stand to spend more time.

What do you dislike?

Mobile is more useful when tracking time on the go, and of course, new user integration takes a little bit of time at first. No big dislikes.

I'm learning how to better management my time to be the most efficient with each and every project I touch. My productivity is improving, and so is my workload capacity after being able to analyze the details of my day-to-day.

BigTime review by Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.

"Intuitive software to manage high valueconsulting projects"

What do you like best?

Intuitive features, minimal training required

Mobile application is critical for a far flung workforce

Reports allow me to manage small clients and huge projects

What do you dislike?

Always frustrating to get our own employees to track their time

New mobile application makes it easier

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a side by side comparison of costs and benefits

Call into user support and test them

Ask for customized reporting (but you will likely find these are built in already)

Early warning when projects are going off the rails

Early warning when people are not utilized properly

Data to support gut instincts about what kind of projects make money and what kind do not

BigTime review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"BigTime Pro - New customer"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to track time and expenses in the same product, and to set billing rates for staff and projects to help automate the import of billable transactions into QuickBooks Online. This saves me a ton of time, simplifies my billing\invoicing process, and will be especially nice once I have employees and sub-contractors so they won't know the rate I bill my customers at.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the Pro license level were billed on a per-user basis like Express\Basic is. For me, it's well worth the added cost to upgrade to Pro, but I didn't want to have to build 5 license when it's just me for now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try the demo, it's full-featured and will give you a taste of whether the various features will work for you.

I am an independent consultant, and some of my customers are direct and some are through sub-contracting. I need to be able to track time and expenses for those contracts, correlate time logged to its matching rate from the customer contracts, and then import the hours and expenses into QuickBook and have the hours show the correct hourly rate. I then use QuickBooks for my invoicing so I can take advantage of their e-mail and payment services. I also would like to track how I'm spending my time so I can get more efficient and better understand what I'm spending my time on.

BigTime review by Luis M.
Luis M.

"Exactly What We Needed!"

What do you like best?

BigTime has given us the flexibility to track our projects time, work in process, budgeting and invoicing all in one tool! Before we were using Microsoft Access, Quickbooks, Microsoft Office and Paper...Yes, Paper! Our turnaround time will be cut in half.

What do you dislike?

We weren't anticipating not being able to upload our historical data by ourselves without an additional fee. For modern software, this should be part of the functionality.

We're solving having too many software's involved in our invoicing process. This will reduce our billing cycle by at least half.

BigTime review by Bridget E.
Bridget E.

"Excellent software for time tracking & billing"

What do you like best?

BigTime makes it easy to go from entering time on the timesheets to invoicing with just a few clicks. Once you get your templates set up, it's so easy.

What do you dislike?

When setting up the invoice templates, I did have some issues getting them to display as I wanted. However, after speaking with customer service, it was resolved easily.

Prior to using BigTime, our space planners used to log their time in Excel files, which then had to be summarized and put into invoices manually. BigTime has been a tremendous time-saver for the Accounting department.

BigTime review by User in Computer Software

"The new version of BigTime is a huge step in the right direction"

What do you like best?

The display is very clean. it was not hard to figure out how to navigate the web page.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could set reminders to tell me to submit my time. Or that it automatically submits time after you have it logged after a certain amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BigTime is easy to use. It is very flexible and can allow for many different types of projects and time tracking categories. I wish it had a reminder to submit hours, or automatically submits your hours after they have been in the system after a certain amount of time.

My company of 100 people use this to track all of our billable and non-billable time and what state we are working in, which is important for taxes. It allows us to keep track of multiple projects at a time which is very helpful.

BigTime review by Michelle D.
Michelle D.

"Big Time exceeds expectations"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is like no other. Very fast to respond and always ready to help. Their time entry system is very user friendly and entering time is fast and easy. The reports that can be generated and customized are great for realization and other analysis.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if you could import the invoice from Word back into Big Time. As an administrator, the only complaints I have received from the employees here is that it would be nice if you could change the color scheme and when entering time if you didn't have to have multiple lines for the same client when entering different work codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend BigTime to others based on their customer service alone. They have a great product that is user friendly and super efficient, but their customer service is unlike any other company I have dealt with for time management and invoicing software. Their employees act like they love their job and are always quick and happy to respond.

We use Big Time for time entry, billing, and reports. Time entry is super efficient and easy. The reports are great as well.

BigTime review by Kacey M.
Kacey M.

"Great Features and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

We've been using BigTime for several years for professional services automation and are often approached by others, but nothing comes close to offering all the features we get with BigTime! We love the automation of our invoicing and payroll systems and all the reports we are able to create within BigTime.

What do you dislike?

While generally the syncing between BigTime and QuickBooks is seamless, from time to time QuickBooks makes changes throwing things off a bit. But BigTime's customer service is quick to resolve these issues.

Professional services automation. The automation is such a time saver.

BigTime review by Amelia R.
Amelia R.

"Sophisticated yet easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The support available for the software is outstanding! There are various ways to reach support, and I always get help quickly.

What do you dislike?

At this point in using the software, I haven't found anything that I truly dislike, but we're very fresh in starting out in BigTime. Navigating to some of the settings is tricky, but will probably just take some getting used to.

BigTime is giving us the ability to create separate phases for projects and bill phases in different formats. This will be huge for us!

BigTime review by Rich C.
Rich C.

"Really great product for growing professional/service business"

What do you like best?

Combination of ease of use for data entry but very powerful backend reporting that is easy to customize to my business. The integration to our accounting system really streamlined our processes as well.

What do you dislike?

Not much, it is much better than our two predecessor products. I am not sure what other programs it integrates with, but with QuickBooks it was great.

Solved the pain of the end user inputting time and not getting enough detail reporting on the backend. Also, the integration with QuickBooks allowed us to streamline sales of both services and products using their inventory feature.

BigTime review by Mackenzie M.
Mackenzie M.

"Easy Peasy"

What do you like best?

I like that you can break down the categories and be specific. I also like that you can type in what a specific time is that you are working towards.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about Bigtime is that I have not been able to keep certain tasks next to each other. I have to sort them every time..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Big time is a great source to use if you have multiple projects/clients you are tracking time for.

We are using Bigtime to track expenses with time, based on projects we are working on for different clients.

"Big Time is a Big Deal"

What do you like best?

The ease at creating and changing invoicing based on our constantly changing needs at our company. It syncs quickly with Quickbooks and lets us keep track of expenses to be able to enable expense checks at the end of the month to get sent out that much quicker.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times when the sync gets off, but an agent is able to get it back up and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend a few days just working around in the program and getting to know all the extra features that are open and available to the administrator.

Invoicing, timesheets, expenses for employees.

It's been really helpful for us to keep track of how much time we are spending with each client and each job individually.

BigTime review by Marie G.
Marie G.

"Big Time for our small archictectural business"

What do you like best?

After completing research on a time sheet system that would integrate with our Quickbooks desktop, I finally found Big Time. The firm did not want to leave Quickbooks and the other options were not as flexible as Big Time. It was difficult to find a system that is cost effective. Now we bill through Big Time and link it directly to our Quickbooks Pro 2016, allowing us to see if our projects are profitable. If you have a problem, it is addressed via live chat or email. Evangelina was a great help in my most recent tech issue. Check out Big Time for your time sheet integration with Quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are quirks in the system, but it is usually addressed quickly. It is not a total accounting system, it just integrates and that takes some time to work with it. I think they should have a more comprehensive instruction manual or video.

Our time sheet management system works smoothly into project management.

BigTime review by Renee A.
Renee A.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Big Time allows our users to easily navigate through the time entry process. We have a very unique payroll structure here and our employees are very happy with this software. Not to mention, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful whenever we have questions.

What do you dislike?

No complaints at all at this point in time.

We use Big Time for time entries. These are synced over to QuickBooks for payroll and invoicing purposes. Big Time allows for managers to easily review and approve entries, and their reporting functions allow us to run very specific reports customized to our business.

BigTime review by Denise T.
Denise T.

"BigTime software "

What do you like best?

BigTime has allowed us to accurately and completely track the amount of time spent on each project for each client. It has given us a clearer picture of our productivity and our profitability. It integrates well with our accounting software.

What do you dislike?

BigTime software integration with our accounting software can sometimes be confusing because of the various nomenclatures used by the different software.

BigTime allows multiple platforms to be used simultaneously so that our team members in the field can track their time as easily as someone in the office.

BigTime review by Paul C.
Paul C.

"Support"

What do you like best?

Nancy S was able to walk through what i needed to know regarding the software.

She was also helpful in letting me know what future improvements were to come.

also love the integration with Quickbooks. My payroll processing and invoicing time

was reduced to a small fraction of time. Where it took me 2 hours to do payroll now takes 5 minutes!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, It has more functionality than anticipated.

Time entry has become more efficient.

Project tracking has increased tremendously.

BigTime review by Madylyn F.
Madylyn F.

"Sucess!"

What do you like best?

I'm very happy I was able to talk to Sam on the phone. He talked me through the issues that I was having with the report and I was also able to take notes as he went along so I would be able to duplicate the report at a later date.

What do you dislike?

At first, I was discouraged about having to communicate with someone over email, however, whenever I reached out to bigtime and requested a call back, they promptly had Sam call me to get my issue resolved.

We are utilizing bigtime for everything in our office! We create new jobs on there, use it to keep tract of time sheets, create reports for upper management. It has truly helped our small business develop.

BigTime review by Nadine B.
Nadine B.

"BigTime is a LifeSaver!"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can have projects, tasks for each customer and keep track of time and billing all in one easy to use program. I also appreciate the ease of using the Live Chat feature when I need help! The response is immediate and keeps up a good pace (unlike other chat services who seem to be helping 10 other people while you sit there and wait for a reply).

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of that can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for client tracking, service and invoice matters.

I am new to the office, so I really do not know what problems were before. I know I use it for nearly every task!

BigTime review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Great for time tracking and expense reports"

What do you like best?

Expenses - I can see who is spending what on my team and how much we've spent in the year. Plus it's really easy to submit which makes accounting happy!

What do you dislike?

Time tracking in general is a menial but necessary task. For those in admin or general roles, it would be helpful to be able to copy tasks from day to day.

Better communication with the team about what we're spending and how. Also a great idea of who is spending time on internal projects so I can better manage when tasks are taking too much time.

"BIGTIME is easy!"

What do you like best?

I like the time sheet and reports tab. Also, I like that as an administrator, I can correct time sheets-even after they have been approved.

What do you dislike?

I wish that under My company/staff list/time sheet history that I could add a line. When I am correcting an employee's time sheet, from that screen, I can only edit or delete but can't add in a line to add in jobs that the employees forgot to list. So I need to go to another screen which is not very convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and I recommend it for any business. If you have any issues, you can click the "chat" button and send them a question and they will email you back. If you need to speak with them, they will call you quickly. BIGTIME representatives have been very informative and AMAZING!!! My employees like that they can use the phone app when they are out of the office.

We just started with BIGTIME but we like the different reports that I can pull. Also, our employees like the phone app.

BigTime review by Administrator

"Very good product, has good features"

What do you like best?

The features, the support staff are very helpful,

What do you dislike?

The support staff especially when I get different answers depending on who I am speaking to. I think there should be more internal training so that the answers are the same across the board (Chris is the most informative person I have dealt with). When there are updates, there are always glitches someplace else. Sometimes changes are not welcome in certain areas, which you don't have an option on. Sometimes you cannot edit reports to meet your needs, you have to ask bigtime support for this, but they are very helpful. The mobile device product needs work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learning curve every time an update is rolled out.

Time & expense tracking

BigTime review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Quick Response Time Greatly Appreciated"

What do you like best?

Big Time representative Nancy S. answered my email question within 30 minutes and provided the solution to my invoicing issue

What do you dislike?

The way BigTime handles deposits has taken some time to get used to. Creating a 'project' is supposed to allow me to enter the retainer/deposit as the budget. This has worked well in general but occasionally a problem arises where the deposit is counted twice. BigTime always helps fix the issue but cannot always determine where I made the mistake to allow this to happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Immerse yourself into using BigTime to expedite a working knowledge of the software.

Ability for all involved parties (management, engineers & technicians) to track service time by project

"Excellent Support"

What do you like best?

Once familiar with the software it is fairly easy to understand and use. If there is something you don't understand or not familiar with their support is great. They have always responded promptly and there is no hedging or pretending to know something they don't. They know their product.

In the architectural field I have used Deltek and other software but this is much better in my opinion because of the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I am aware of at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a lot to this product that I don't use but based on what I do use it for I would say that if the other features are as good to use as the ones I am accustomed to then this is an excellent product.

However, not having been with the company at the time to implement the software I cannot do a comparison of implementation or pricing.

The company uses it for all the purposes listed below. However, I use it primarily for project administrative use and time tracking.

BigTime review by Pattee H.
Pattee H.

"Quick Response Time"

What do you like best?

Helpful and accurate answers in a very timely manner!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limitations of A/R Reporting. It seems that our WIP billing is integrated into our A/R, showing clients 90+ days overdue, yet we haven't billed 100% yet. It's confusing to read the report and have to decipher what is on the report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks

Problem solving: Project Management, Billing, Expenses, Time tracking

Benefits: Less time adding details, more time getting work done!

BigTime review by Wim V.
Wim V.

"Flexibility to fitt all needs."

What do you like best?

The best about BigTime is that it was easy to implement and that it has a lot of functionalities that can be configured to fit our needs. Support is very reactive.

What do you dislike?

We still have to look into the resource allocation part. A great addition to BigTime would be a user friendly resource planning extension to manage our projects. It is a product fit for US market which sometimes gives other behaviour than you would expect in Europe.

We are a professional services organisation which means that easy time registration and invoicing with as less administrative workload as possible is very important. This has been achieved with BigTime.

BigTime review by John R.
John R.

"Bigtime has everything we need for an Engineering Firm, including Invoicing and Project Management."

What do you like best?

-Timesheet control is better than most, and offer a lot of customization.

-Invoicing is easy

What do you dislike?

-Some additional customization on form creation would be nice (specifically for invoicing)

-It would be beneficial to introduce hierarchy/parent/child control for Tasks; i.e. a global setting for project assignments should carry through to Tasks

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is a fantastic timesheet and invoicing solution, and will integrate with Quickbooks.

We anticipate this will significantly reduce our time spent Billing and tracking projects.

BigTime review by Charlie S.
Charlie S.

"Customer Service A+"

What do you like best?

I always receive fast, personable, and helpful customer service!

What do you dislike?

I have recently had trouble as two accounts were linked to the same email address. While this was a problem, Nancy helped me with no issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require high-quality customer service in addition to the practical needs this product provides, BigTime is the program for you.

BigTime has helped me track my hours seamlessly. You can even log in on your phone!

"Awesome support"

What do you like best?

From the beginning with sales and through the onboarding process I have experienced flexible and knowledgeable staff who were focused on making BigTime work for our needs. Brea with the onboarding team in particular has been instrumental in helping us work through the alignment of tools and process with BigTime while we implement it within our business. Not only has she been training us but immediately focuses in on what we need to accomplish.

What do you dislike?

Not related to Bigtime - but Quickbooks needs to automate the ability to create a contractor bill / payable from the data that Bigtime can push into QBO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QBO integration works very well.

We are focused on tracking time on client matters and automating the submission and approval of time, and its integration into QBO. We also plan on using the smartphone timers, dashboard and integrating other tools and features using the API interface but those are next.

BigTime review by dave d.
dave d.

"Great Product , even better custome service "

What do you like best?

the ease of use and adaptability to our needs . The Bigtime staff made sure that the program was going to work for us , and when we had problems they worked with us in every way to make sure they were solved .

including giving us some time for free to offset the cost of the time that we had problems

What do you dislike?

that you cannot access it from any device. we bought 10 asus Tablets that worked for a while , until there was a programming change and we had to switch to notebooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time with the sales team to make sure you get exactly the setup that you need , they were able to tailor the program for our needs . it took a little time to get it just right but now we couldn't live without it

we have gone to paperless time card reporting , saving not only time entering each one by hand , but also money printing time sheets

we can also look up time for any employee or job at any search perimeters to track jobs better to help improve profits

BigTime review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Big Time = Efficent Project Management"

What do you like best?

Big Time is a robust project management software. It's best features are time tracking, budget oversight and task assignments. The seamless payroll integration with Quickbooks is awesome.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of areas where Big Time's software could be improved.

The expense tracking could have better integration with Quickbooks. For businesses with expenses that are primarily employee based, such as travel, Big Time's expense tracking is great. For businesses with in house expenses, such as subcontractor bills that need to be applied towards a project, it is a bit clunky, and could be improved. The invoice templates and the ability to create/modify invoice templates could be a bit more robust. Difficult to get exactly what you want out of the invoice templates. We have resorted to exporting the invoices templates to word, tweaking, and then PDFing to the clients. Not the biggest deal, just takes more time to get what we want for a final product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Switching from paper time sheets, paper expense reports and paper job cost records have saved hours and hours of admin time. And many trees.

BigTime review by Joseph G.
Joseph G.

"New employee hiccup"

What do you like best?

Professional, courteous service that takes care of problems, not have me do things. Nancy at service is the BEST! Problems are handled!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes CST can be annoying if an issue arises and my bookkeeper comes early.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wholeheartly recommend using it.

We have saved SO much time and energy by the direct upload of time from BigTime directly to Quickbooks. It has made seamless transition from timesheets to billing.

BigTime review by Lakshmi G.
Lakshmi G.

"So far its been great!"

What do you like best?

I can see cumulative timesheets of all staff combined for one client. Really helps my invoicing and hour budgeting process.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the time my staff worked. Like 10 am to 12 pm.

being a virtual office, we need to keep a check on the time of the day people work so we can monitor server usage as well

tracking leads, time tracking. it has reduced our time in those admin tasks

"Designing Reports"

What do you like best?

I am fairly new to Big Time and our company doesn't use all its functions, which I would like to improve. I think it has a lot to offer.

What do you dislike?

We don't use the expense tracking and from what I have seen it is not as easy to enter expenses for one project. It would be nice to have the same screen option as the time entry where you can add a line item instead of having to do it on separate screens.

We are a service company and the program gives us a way to keep track of employee time for their projects.

BigTime review by Shauna C.
Shauna C.

"Troubleshooting"

What do you like best?

BigTime resolved my issue within a half hour of me contacting them. Solving the problem only took about 10 minutes once I was contacted by a representative. She was able to fix the issue on her end, without having to involve me.

What do you dislike?

There are times I prefer to speak to someone over the phone, and today would've been one of them. While my issue was resolved, I would've preferred it wasn't done through multiple emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great site for time tracking and for project management. Having everything in one place makes things very convenient.

We utilize BigTime for multiple different things.

BigTime review by Douglas B.
Douglas B.

"Easy to use and efficient application! "

What do you like best?

Tracking time in this app feels familiar and the interface is very easy to use and navigate. I like the addition of individual task timers and auto population of jobs each week for a quick start. It's also great that there is a mobile application.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to see a desktop app where you could set job timers right in the toolbar.

Easy to use time tracking and timesheet submission.

BigTime review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"BigTime does what it needs to and not much more"

What do you like best?

Overall, Bigtime is a pretty simple system for keeping track of your working hours. It's easy to use once you understand it, and it's pretty "no frills" software.

What do you dislike?

The taxonomy of how information is organized isn't intuitive, and a lot of times it's a question of having to know where to look before looking.

Some of this has to do with how it's set up, but there is a bit of a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the better time tracking systems I've used. It's not perfect but it's getting there.

It's easier to track time than a previous system that we used, and the mobile app gives me another way to enter time and track my hours outside of the web app.

BigTime review by Troy R.
Troy R.

"Project Tracking Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Logging projects and tracking time and cost has become much easier with BigTime. The customer service and help support at BigTime has been great. They are very responsive to our needs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system is a little slow but it has never crashed. Seems like when a lot of people are on there making changes it can bog down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BigTime has made our project management much easier and less time consuming. We replaced several spreadsheets with a single piece of software.

Being able to capture the cost vs fee has helped us get a handle on our project budgets.

BigTime review by Sharon D.
Sharon D.

"Reporting Webinar"

What do you like best?

The ability to see how BT trainers use the system. I have notated tips they use to maneuver and utilize functions I wasn't aware of. The ability to ask questions along the way is very helpful. Especially like to links that are emailed after each webinar!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to mention, The webinars are very good.

Time tracking and invoicing. We recently began entering budget data. Still need training on that module.

BigTime review by User

"Bigtime for small office use"

What do you like best?

The product comes at a low cost and has a very simple UI for employees to enter time.

What do you dislike?

The UI is almost too simple, exporting information to organize or make reports can be tough. Data is also not automatically saved, if you do not save your progress as you enter information you will have to re-enter it. The expense reporting is also very limited, so we use another form for this instead of going through bigtime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bigtime is OK for small office environments, especially considering the cost, however for larger companies with more employees or more complicated hour tracking requirements you may want to consider another program.

This creates our time tracking for chargeability and client billing. We also use it for forecasting by reviewing previous project's data that is exported from bigtime to excel.

BigTime review by Joslyn M.
Joslyn M.