Bill.com

4.0

Bill.com is used for digital business payments company creating magically simple A/P and A/R solutions.

Work for Bill.com?

Learning about Bill.com?

Bill.com Reviews

Ask Bill.com a Question
Showing 58 Bill.com reviews
Bill.com review by Melanie Q.
Melanie Q.

"We use Bill.com to solve our payment needs"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bill.com
Bill.com review by Ethan B.
Ethan B.

"A great centralized bill pay system"

What do you like best?

It keeps a historical record of all my bills and pays them very easily. I also like that I don't have to take 30 minutes to write out checks and stuff them in envelopes. It makes life much more simple. It also dumps all the info straight into our accounting system so there is no need to do double entry to create the checks, then go and record checks. It just sends all the info straight over.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I do a bit of manual entry, but I could pay more for that, but I would rather spend an extra 5 minutes than pay for the auto entry. Sometimes uploading a bill can take a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no need to keep a big drawer of bills anymore. Just scan and go. Throw away the paper copies. I really like that when I go to pay a bill I'm not sitting down to write out a check, I just attribute the amount to a GL, and click approve.

Centralized digital historical secure bill pay. I think that's the most succinctly I could put it. I'm very happy to get rid of paper. I also find it to be extremely fast and makes paying bills more enjoyable, rather than a loathsome chore.

What AR Automation solution do you use?

Bill.com review by Alan "Al" W.
Alan "Al" W.

"Integration Not Great"

What do you like best?

Bill.com gives you a great customer facing front end. Customers can view their invoices online and update payment methods with ease. The dunning letter capability makes our life much easier than having to email individually out to late paying customers.

What do you dislike?

If you spend all of your time in Bill.com, it's probably a great product. However, everything breaks down when you use any of their integrations. Both the Quickbooks Desktop and the merchant account interfaces to Vantage/Paytrace have so many bugs. Their tech support is good about helping you out with any challenge, but the bugs never seem to get fixed no matter how many time you point them out the them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your options if you expect the Quickbooks sync to work well or if your merchant account syncs well with Quickbooks already.

Our previous merchant account had a great interface with Quickbooks Desktop (to be honest, it worked much better than Bill.com's). However, there was no customer facing front end.

Bill.com review by Adriana L.
Adriana L.

"Great tool for employee reimbursement quickly"

What do you like best?

The site is very user-friendly layout with easy menus and quick visuals. Adding my bank account information was quick and painless with the help of customer service (my server timed out and they walked me through the steps to add the information again).

There are a few ways to search what you are looking for which makes harder to find information easier to find.

The quick turn around time the ability to quickly access the current open and unpaid expenses easily, which makes it a winner for me.

What do you dislike?

The first time I used it I was confused if I had submitted the required information because it showed that my payment was pending/overdue. As the person being reimbursed, I didn't know why the payment was overdue and if there was an issue. Turns out I needed to wait until my supervisor approved the transaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more people you have using a service like Bill.com the easier it is when the user interface is simple. Less confusion and questions which ultimately slow people down. When you work with people in various age groups and computer skills, a simple interface truly makes a difference.

Previously I had to wait two weeks for a check to clear and be mailed when making purchases. This makes the entire process painless and fast. I can also look at the information quickly and see if anything is missing whereas before I would have to go through emails or paystubs.

Bill.com review by Maria "Muddy" V.
Maria "Muddy" V.

"Quick and Easy way to take care of your Payables!"

What do you like best?

I like the platform to be able to handle accounts payable and receivables in one location on the web. It makes it easy to have one portal to manage the receiving of payments and the sending out of invoicing.It also integrates with QuickBooks Online and Xero. Quickbooks integration is discounted for users.

What do you dislike?

The site is a bit cumbersome. It could use a facelift in design and usability. Some of the navigation is hidden in sub-tiers of navigation making you have to click thru to get to the area you are in need of reaching. Pricing seems a bit high for this platform compared to others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your users are set up correctly to be able to pay bills. As an admin, all the functionality is there but having additional users you must set their permissions to be able to actually pay the bill. Check and compare the pricing plans to make sure you are not selecting an overpriced plan where you may not use all the features.

Managing accounts receivable and accounts payables on one platform that lets you pay bills like a banking systems' bill pay.

Bill.com review by Meghan B.
Meghan B.

"Bill.com User Insight "

What do you like best?

The best things Bill.com has going for it is 1. online chat support is always quick and very helpful 2. AP Processing. When I am confused or do not have time to research I use chat for assistance. For AP processing it is easy to forward invoices directly to your inbox. For invoices that do not need to be synced you can have them auto processed- the accuracy is sufficient. The system gets confused when you have inactive or multiple vendors but it is easy to click the right one and then the remaining details auto-populate.

What do you dislike?

The biggest dislike is sync errors. We use Bill.com in succession with Xero and that sync errors occur weekly if not daily. Also there is a software error where even if you resolve the issue you typically have to ask support to clear the errors otherwise you will continue to get a yield sign in the corner.

It is easy to send invoices to customers and you can also accept credit card payments with this software. However, for the actually processing we use Paytrace which has small fees attached.

Bill.com review by Dmitry B.
Dmitry B.

"Awful Support and "

What do you like best?

I only used their service to pay our company office lease for a few months. Nothing really special.

What do you dislike?

Support and the way they treat their customers.

First of all, it's super hard to contact their support I submitted 3 tickets and it took 3 days to finally get someone to respond.

We are leasing the office space from the company that was using Bill.com to accept payments for their bills, therefore we were forced to use bill.com to pay our monthly office rent. Everything was ok... Then the company we paid for the rent switched to using Xero since it doesn't really make sent to pay ridiculous amounts for bill.com.

Anyway... for us, it was even better because now we didn't need to pay bill.com subscription fees to just pay for the rent (simple ACH). So we went ahead and canceled our subscription with bill.com in August.

A few months later (in October) I noticed that they were still charging our credit card and as I mentioned above it took 3 days to get someone to finally respond to our support tickets.

What I asked for was simply refund the last 3 charges (Oct, Sept, Aug) and close our account simply because their system failed to cancel it in the first attempt. Simple right? Nope, not with Bill.com

They had someone to call me and tried to explain that they didn't see my first request to cancel and if I didn't use their service since August it was my problem and that evidence that I didn't even log in to their service for 3 months is not enough for them to refund.

So my advice to you, if you ever thought to use bill.com for your business, please stay away. There are tons of great innovative companies on planet Earth who would love to do a business with you and will value you as a customer!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away, awful support and they totally don't value your business as a customer!

paying office rent

Bill.com review by Sanjit M.
Sanjit M.

"Bill.com is very easy and fast to use!"

What do you like best?

The usability of the platform. It was new to be and I figured it out immediately and enjoy using it. I switched from using credit cards to this platform and it has saved me a few hundred dollars. Loving this! :)

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. When I think of something, I will let them know :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let clients and customers know this is a great platform to use and it will save everyone additional fees. We know how we all want to save on fees :)

Getting paid by clients. it is an easy way for clients to send money via an ACH transaction. You know the payments are in the works, you receive an email from them and in a day or two, it is in your account.

Bill.com review by JaCoby M.
JaCoby M.

"Makes your life 100% easier"

What do you like best?

Bill.com is such an awesome tool. I have been using bill.com for a few years now and it has saved so much time for me. I love that I no longer need to hand write checks any more. I can pay any vendor with ease. It is super easy to add invoices and get them set up to be paid. Bill.com is great for any business because it helps eliminate any check fraud or stolen money from your company plus it sets up controls of payments. Invoices added to bill.com have to be approved by someone with the authority to approve them which is a great control to have in place for any business.

What do you dislike?

The pricing for bill.com is a set fee, then it is so much per bill paid which can get expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save tons of time, no longer need to write checks.

Eliminate the need to buy paper checks.

Eliminate the need to write hand checks

Eliminate the the possibility of check fraud

Payments have to be approved by management.

Can set up payments anywhere in the world.

Vendors can email the invoices directly to Bill.com so they can easily be added to be paid.

Bill.com review by Administrator

"Organized A/P Solution"

What do you like best?

Centralized place to store all A/P related documents. Easy for research and makes audit documentation a breeze. Syncs seamlessly with our accounting software so we don't have to double enter bills.

What do you dislike?

The service is priced too high. In addition to a monthly fee we also pay $1.49 per mailed check and $0.49 per e-payment. There are cheaper solutions but none are as user-friendly as Bill.com (we have looked!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been happy with Bill.com for 5 years but recently they rolled out a "new" Bill.com. We had so many issues with the new program we asked to be switched back to the old version. Hopefully they will work out the problems with the "new" Bill.com before they make it the primary user interface.

Allows an easy flow of A/P from entering, approving, and paying. Each user can be assigned roles relevant to their position. Now staff can approve bills for payment even when they're out of the office.

Bill.com review by Krystle P.
Krystle P.

"The modern and convenient way to handle accounts payable. "

What do you like best?

Bill.com makes it easy for a small business to have checks and balances within their AP systems even with minimal staff. Additionally all of the payment information syncs quickly back to QBO, no duplicate entries are needed.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes a little tricky to get new vendors set up and able to accept ACH payments, which are less expensive than check payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like to handle all of your accounts payable via a cloud based & paperless system, please consider Bill.com.

As an outsourced bookkeeper, I needed a reliable method to handle client accountants payable without frequent trips to the office to cut checks. Bill.com has saved time and money for my business.

Bill.com review by Alia R.
Alia R.

"Payables made easy."

What do you like best?

Bill.com's clearing account in the chart of accounts makes it easy to track bills paid via bill.com so it's always reconciled.

What do you dislike?

Bill.com does not make it super easy to move around individual pages of documents/invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If self-employed, might be easier to use bill pay within QuickBooks Online because bill.com has actually created the software partnership with QuickBooks Online. If you don't need layers of approval, can save money by using bill pay with QBO.

Construction managers are able to keep abreast of their subcontractors payments themselves by viewing the expected arrival date of checks or ACH payments. Previously they never had access to viewing that information as they had to obtain it from a bookkeeper, now the construction manager can provide insight to his subs confidently and ensure they get paid on time, if not faster.

Bill.com review by Benjamin M.
Benjamin M.

"The cloud Way to transact."

What do you like best?

Fast way to make and receive payments, kept me updated through reminders on pending bills to pay which made me avoid penalties for late payments, easy to create invoices fast and send them to clients even when on holiday all you do is log in to your account from anywhere and do your tasks in a couple of minutes. Allows one accountant to handle various outlets and branches which is cheap for the business. As a business you receive payments from credit cards even paypal. It also works well with other accounting software you don't need to dumb them.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about it nothing to complain yet, when I do I will update my post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bill.com is the fun way to transact pay bills and receive payments all in one place. You should get it.

Bill payments, remote financial management, Clients reminders

Bill.com review by Marty R.
Marty R.

"My favorite accounting tool"

What do you like best?

Simple to use yet powerful tool for business. I appreciate being able to see all invoices for a vendor captured as a PDF with the payment information. I can easily see past vendor invoices, payments, and check images. The tool also shows the cash flow projection for upcoming days.

What do you dislike?

It does not integrate with our ERP system. Editing payments that have been approved but not yet released could be more intuitive. Bill.com used to allow reports to be saved as PDFs as well as download options, but no longer allows PDFs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it as a trial subscription as a test.

Streamlined the input, approval and payment of our invoices. Allows multiple people to review a bill to be paid. When a person approves a bill, the next person in the process receives an e-mail as well as it being in their Bill.com dashboard. Easy to research vendor questions with this tool.

Bill.com review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Easy to use interface for invoicing and approvals"

What do you like best?

As a user of Bill.com - the most common activity I'm engaged in is approving invoices that are linked to my department. Whenever an invoice comes in via email to our accounts payable department, they upload it, send it, and I get to review and approve them all at the same time. One of the more useful features is the ability to tag and comment on certain invoices to make sure we're not losing communication over email.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say I dislike too much of the product. I don't use it far beyond approving invoices that come in but it seems like that's the majority of peoples' experience after speaking with several people in my company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's super easy to use, there's not much to recommend - just have a single department be responsible for uploading invoices that need to be paid and have the correct people approve them

The biggest business problem we solved by using a service like bill.com is the ability to review and approve invoices and payments that come in per department. Previously, we had to approve via email and things would get lost while approving multiple in

Bill.com review by Christy B.
Christy B.

"Bill.com...making vendor payments easy"

What do you like best?

It is a fairly straightforward website. On the first visit, you can easily begin using it. A few things might need a little explanation, but their support articles handle this nicely. I've been using Bill.com for 4 or 5 years now. I've only needed to use their chat support 3 times (2 of them concerning a few oddities w/a client accounting software change). Their chat support is WONDERFUL!!!!

What do you dislike?

The listing of vendors is a little clunky. You look at the alphabet, click on a letter and then scroll through to reach the vendor. I'm not sure why all the vendors just can't be available in a list. When you are posting bills for payment, the ability to scroll through the account listing is basically non existent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth looking @ and considering before making a final decision on any bill pay product.

No, checks to write, no envelopes, no stamps. I really like the ability to pay vendors w/electronic transfers (payments simply do not get lost). I wish more vendors weren't so afraid of it. The Bill.com feature of e-mailing when a check has not been cashed over 20 days, is superb! Notifying a vendor about a possible lost payment before they recognize it, makes the client (and me) look good.

Bill.com review by Jordan Z.
Jordan Z.

"Bill.com Extend QBO or Xero to Larger Busineees"

What do you like best?

bill.com allows a business to extend and expand it's capabilities for A/R and A/P management to include ACH for both. The sync with QBOnline, Xero and Intacct work very well. The ability to customize the software for the needs of the business is very flexible.

What do you dislike?

The float period that bill.com retains collected funds before remitting is frustrating. The software is relatively expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

bill.com streamlines the A/R and A/P functions in a way that permits a business to expand with their current accounting software without having to upgrade to a more expensive and complex software. It also facilitates the use of virtual financial assistance while maintaining proper controls.

This software is like an onion with layers of complexity which are discovered over a time. A company adopting this software would be well served by involving an experienced consultant in the process.

Management of A/R and A/P is substantially improved. The ability to add a second approver facilitates outsourcing of the A/R and A/P management functions which can substantially streamline the financial management functions.

Bill.com review by Martha M.
Martha M.

"Best option for bill pay & approvals"

What do you like best?

I love the customized roles and the audit trail on every transaction. I like being able to set up recurring bills and tag people with questions/updates.

What do you dislike?

It allows users to make changes in any time period, like deleting bills in a closed year, which throws off the sync with your accounting program. If I'm wrong and there's a way to lock a period down, I'd love to know! I also wish it pushed documentation and attachments to QB.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the cost is worthwhile. You'll pay $30+/month plus minimal transaction fees, so if you're paying <10 bills a month, it might not be worth it, unless you're looking for the control/approval aspect.

Outsourced bill pay, having non-bank-signers pay bills with the protection of an audit trail showing the signer/business owner approved payment, having a dedicated AP email address, syncing data to QB

Bill.com review by User

"Busy-looking website with jargon, but payment is easy"

What do you like best?

Being a remote contractor, it is easy for me to bill for my work for multiple companies and just have it sent to my paypal. Payment is easy to make and receive and offers me the option of transferring directly to my paypal without fees.

What do you dislike?

It can be really confusing to learn to use and has a lot of jargon. For somebody unfamiliar with money related things, it can be a learning curve to get used to.

Remote work or independent contractor work now has an easy, secure way to bill while also offering invoices for multiple people/businesses. Being able to quickly send payment to and from paypal has made billing easier, and feels safer than using my direct bank account.

Bill.com review by User in Computer Software

"How Bill.com has any good reviews is a mystery"

What do you like best?

Getting paid - but it is torture through this system

What do you dislike?

ZERO customer service. They have been unable to verify my account for over 2 weeks which makes ZERO sense. My main client can't pay me the very large sum of money they owe because Bill.com can't verify my bank. Then there is no option to call them. They claim chat is availabale during business hours but I am trying to chat with them now and the option is not available. Their email support takes days with no resolutions. It's truly embarrassing how bad it is and yet they still have so much traction with small businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at Paypal or Zelle or just use your accounting software for invoicing. Frankly at the rate Bill.com works - paper checks are faster and more efficient.

I am switching to Zelle or Paypal or ANY other system for payment. If it worked and Customer Service could resolve issues, then in theory, this would be great. I have zero issues with Paypal or Zelle - both of which are free. Bill.com tries to charge me for adding my clients. This is absurd. There should be no fee to receive funds. Only if you a syncing to accounting software and using it as your primary Billing service.

Bill.com review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"Simplifies accounts payable process, saving time and money"

What do you like best?

Bill.com processes and mails checks for you, so there's no printing or stamps or trips to the post office. Lost checks and voided and reissued without a bank fee. Scanned invoices are easily visible. Syncs with accounting software.

What do you dislike?

There's a learning curve to the sync process - identifying which of the few items don't sync with the accounting software. We've found that Bill.com works great with QuickBooks on a desktop, but not so great with QuickBooks online. The epayment feature is great, but when a customer or vendor has a hard time setting up their bank account info, for security reasons, I'm not able to see their account or help them get it set up properly. This is an ongoing issue for us.

It's quick and easy to pay bills every week, and simple to pull up a previously paid invoice. No digging through file cabinets! It's saves us lots of labor time and money.

Bill.com review by User

"Good accounting software for receivable and accounts payable accounts "

What do you like best?

I like that I can track when checks go out, if they have been cashed, and readily re- submit a check for repayment and for voiding. I like that I can invite anyone to pay via ePayment and they are in charge of entering their bank info in it rather than me. I like that any paper checks who want to go out, go out with a copy of the invoice you've uploaded.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it may be a bit too simple. Maybe It would be nice to provide some additional features. For instance, you must set up a reoccurring payment, but you can't edit any text that seems on the check and defaults with a date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! Its a great software that is so easy to use for accountants.

Being able to approve invoices in one location, its a great time saver and easily syncs with quickbooks and is easy to connect to other vendors

Bill.com review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Convenient, user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Bill.com can be used for both A/P and A/R, it is very convenient to be able to attach documentation to the books and invoices for good record keeping practices. The website also can sync with QuickBooks so that records are copied into the accounting system. Vendors can send bills straight to the Bill.com inbox, and invoices can be sent out through Bill.com to customers. There are options to connect bank and credit card accounts to the profile so that payments can be made to vendors through the website, as well s receive payments from customers.

What do you dislike?

When a customer invoice is edited in Bill.com, the changes are not synced over to QuickBooks. Instead, the changes must be made in QuickBooks and then synced overt the Bill.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Bill.com fur both A/R and A/P purposes.

Unlimited space to save vendor and customer documents, invoices and bills.

Bill.com review by Shelley P.
Shelley P.

"Streamline Disbursement Process"

What do you like best?

What makes this different from using the online bank feature is the robust sync with QuickBooks. Most of my client's bank online bill pay do not allow for the entry of: 1)the account, class, and customer job, 2)multiple distributions of expenses for one bill - therefore there is a lot of extra keying in QB after the transactions are downloaded from the bank. In bill.com, the expense distributions are similar to how they are done in QB - you can use account, class, and customer job and can "split" the transactions (charge one bill to multiple account, class, and customer job)

What do you dislike?

The reporting in Bill.com could be improved, or made more user friendly. For example, I am finding it hard to get a report of all bills paid (and the related accounts, class. and customer;jobs charged) that were paid in specified time period

Making the disbursements process more efficient, including: 1)not having to print, stuff in envelops and mail checks, 2)chase down people to sign checks, 3)very easy set-up to pay vendors via direct deposit.

I also like it because I have clients that do not want to use QB and had been hand-writing checks. By having my clients use bill.com instead, I do not need to enter handwritten checks in QB and can instead sync bill.com with QB

Bill.com review by Alicia G.
Alicia G.

"What QuickBooks is to Accounting, Bill.com is to Accounts Payable"

What do you like best?

I LOVE how easy it is for my clients to upload bills to be paid! They really enjoy the fact that upon their discretion, they can either keep some control and approve the bills after they are in the system and actually release them to be paid, or others like know that once it's emailed to Bill.com, they don't have to worry about it anymore and they know that it will be paid on time!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to go back to my main console before I can switch to a new company for Bill.com. I wish there was a drop down that I could go to to easy switch from one company to another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to stop writing checks to vendors, worrying about payments arriving on time, or entering bills/payments into QuickBooks, Bill.com is your answer! It's so easy to learn and it syncs well with QuickBooks. Clients love it because they just have to email their invoice and then they're done! It's a win win for everyone.

We were trying to find a way in which clients could submit bills electronically, bills could get paid on time, and we wouldn't have to cut the checks! With Bill.com, we try to add as many vendors as possible to the epay system, so now we're not waiting on checks to arrive or for the checks to clear the bank. It also makes accounting with the QuickBooks software a breeze since it fully integrates. It makes it easier on our bookkeepers to do their job and ultimately increases our profit margin.

Bill.com review by Veronica M.
Veronica M.

"Bill.com Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the ability to simply add your customers and vendors and get paid and pay them quickly and easily!

What do you dislike?

The fact that the reporting does not offer enough customization to minimize the steps of having to download a report from bill.com then search for information myself and make another report.

Paying clients and being paid via credit card from clients

Bill.com review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Bill.com is a great way to get paid and pay your bills"

What do you like best?

I really like having one portal to manage my accounts payable and accounts receivable. The website is easy to use and the mobile app makes it easy to check on my payments.

Bill.com makes it easy to get paid, but also allows me to pay my bills. I can pay by check, ACH, or to other bill.com users with minimal fees. This means I don't have to order checks or pay batch and ACH fees from my bank.

What do you dislike?

The integration with xero is how I found bill.com. It's limited in functionality and seems to be very one sided. When I reconcile invoices with bank statements in xero, it should update the invoices as paid in bill.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bill.com lets you get paid and pay your bills through one portal for one monthly fee. You don't have to worry about bank fees for batch or ACH payments and you can pay other bill.com users easily.

I am able to pay bills that cant be paid by credit card or exceed the max a processor will handle in many different ways. I am able to provide my customers with multiple ways to pay me that I can manage through one interface.

Bill.com review by User in Computer Software

"Really Poor UI and Terrible Customer Support - Worst Ever"

What do you like best?

Automation of billing processes that would take me 20 hours a month. Setting up ACH for my business was almost impossible and I receive $50K a month off here, so taking credit cards is much more expensive.

What do you dislike?

They cannot work internationally, don't integrate with international payment partners like transferwise.

Most of all, it's just a HORRIBLE user interface. To pay someone, you need to first enter the bill, then approve, then pay, then click a few more times to actually pay. It's 10 steps when it could be one click. Terrible, terrible user interface.

They make you choose an account to pay from. And they have these confusing "clearning in" and "clearing out" account that you'd never see in Paypal. Why not simplify these things like ALL OTHER PAYMENT Apps

It's the WORST Customer support experience ever in my entire imagination. I'm actively looking for another solution..

Trying to automate my billing and invoicing my clients.

Bill.com review by Lauri P.
Lauri P.

"Good, but not perfect, app for bill paying. "

What do you like best?

I use this to handle AP for my bookkeeping clients so I like the way it saves times over having to print and mail checks, and I love the approval process and the audit trail as it provides security for both myself and my clients.

What do you dislike?

It's not always user friendly, sometimes you have to jump through hoops to look something up and the support website is not user friendly at all - I can never find the answer I'm looking for and always have to contact support personally. Also, I once paid them $19.99 to send a check out using overnight mail but the confirmation I got the the USPS clearly showed that they did not send it overnight - they only paid for and sent it 2-day priority mail while charging me for overnight. They did give me a refund when I complained but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're aware of the lead time when paying bills through bill.com. They use batch processing overnight so if you approve a bill for payment one day it doesn't actually get processed until the next day, and if you approve something on a Friday it actually doesn't get processed until Monday. Sometimes my clients get upset when they approve a bill for payment on a Friday and then they see the check itself never actually hit the mail until Monday or even Tuesday.

Using this for my clients AP process saves both of us time and money, and the approval process and the audit trail provides security for both of us.

Bill.com review by User in Computer Software

"Great and easy-to-use AP tool"

What do you like best?

It has an extremely easy to use interface with customizable approval flows and plenty of information about invoice aging, payments, outstanding approvals, and cash flow.

What do you dislike?

Unable to show both a transaction date and invoice date, so you have to make sure you are recording the invoice date in the right period, even if the date on the invoice itself is different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to start automating your accounts payable and has add-on features like auto-entering invoice information into the appropriate fields to increase automation as needed.

It is a great way to start automating accounts payable.

Bill.com review by Mahesh S.
Mahesh S.

"Awesome product but need some improvement"

What do you like best?

One can keep track all the invoices of my client and mail them. It track all the record of uncash. It is easy to track all the due paybills.

Also the mobile application is very good.

What do you dislike?

There are some loophole which need to be fixed. Compatibility between other payment system like is QuickBooks etc is not good

Recommendations to others considering the product

As per my and vendor experience, it is very good so give it a try

I suggest to one of my client to use this. Before the Bill.com hr need to do a lot of manual work but now it's easy task.

Bill.com review by Michael V.
Michael V.

"Product has great potention to do what Quickbooks doesn't"

What do you like best?

Ease of mailing invoices to customers, receiving payables via email and overall ability to track receivables and payables.

What do you dislike?

No method to prove that they mailed invoices to client and that they were formatted correctly. It can not import attachments from bill.com to Quickbooks so you can't pull back the supporting documents into Quickbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand what you are getting from bill.com. It's not inexpensive to mail invoices through them and it doesn't integrate well at all to payables.

We have to mail invoices to a lot of clients and Quickbooks stopped offering that service. Bill.com makes it easy to mail a nice looking invoice and to get paid easily by the customer.

Bill.com review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Great for Recurring ACH Receivables"

What do you like best?

We use Bill.com primarily for it's ability to run recurring ACH payments for receivables. We run a small payroll company, and bill a flat fee each month, which we collect through an ACH payment through Bill.com

What do you dislike?

We wish there was a way to only use and pay for the receivables section like there used to be. We don't use payables at all, since our expenses are completely automated through our vendors.

We solved the need to bill clients and receive payments each month. Now it just happens and money hits the bank. Clients can also see their billing history online.

Bill.com review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Bill.com for Mosaic"

What do you like best?

I like that I can open the invoices without actually opening up new files (like a preview popup). It is by far my favorite aspect. I also like that you can set up multiple approvers. Lastly, I like that when you approve multiple bills, it provides the total at the bottom.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the terms used after approval. I'm never quite sure (from our end, and not the accountant's) what 'unpaid' and 'pending' mean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We do work with an accountant, and our accountant was largely instrumental in helping us set up Bill.com.

We are able to pay out bills a lot faster - and on time! Our biggest issue before was losing track of bills and their due dates.

Bill.com review by Kira K.
Kira K.

"Easy to use, just works"

What do you like best?

I never have to think twice about getting reimbursed. Payments are sent quickly and easily and I love the email updates that tell me when I have a payment on the way and when it's been made.

What do you dislike?

The mobile/app experience could be a bit cleaner, but overall I find its functionality to be pretty easy to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bill is great and integrates with all the software I need. We use it with Expensify and submitting invoices and getting reimbursement has always been pretty simple. Love the email reminders and updates.

Getting paid and submitting invoices is easy and always works. I can easily keep track of payments on their way in my email.

"Bill.com"

What do you like best?

The ability to invoice and receive payments directly into your personal account of choice. Integration with other platforms.

What do you dislike?

There's a learning curve and there has been times where payments took longer than expected to reach my bank account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't dismiss it too fast. It has great potential, but there is definitely a learning curve.

One system for invoicing and payments. Integration with our travel and expense system allowing direct deposit of expense reimbursements.

Bill.com review by Neha P.
Neha P.

"Bill.com making accounts receivable easy"

What do you like best?

Bill.com awesome aR software. They make it easy to get your customers/invoices laid

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the customer support -they are only available thru chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Def a good solution for A/R and AP

Payment of Accounts receivable

Bill.com review by Jacob P.
Jacob P.

"Great Accounts Payable Software!"

What do you like best?

This is very useful for all levels - bookkeepers and managers. It is user friendly and easy to pick up on. Approving bills from any place at any time has saved us a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

the integrations with Intacct has had its glitches but it seems to have worked itself out. Wish something like this was just built into the accounting platform without having to subscribe to a side application. This isn't bill.com's problem but Intaccts.

easy of paying vendors and flexibility for managers to be outside the office but not delaying their approvals.

Bill.com review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"Easy to use but UI stuck in the 2000's"

What do you like best?

Easy check or ACH payments to vendors and many vendors use bill.com already, so they have a good network effect.

What do you dislike?

Sync issues with Xero are hard to fix (usually have to email support manually to get them to go away). Their UX is stuck in the early 2000's.

We use bill.com for accounts receivable that are paid by ACH or check. We do not use it for receivables billing.

Bill.com review by User

"Great Invoicing and Payment Tool for Small Companies"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and integrates with QuickBooks. Also, many of our vendors are already on Bill.com so it's easy to look them up and sync with them.

What do you dislike?

Takes a number of key strokes to find specific invoices and to get into the detail.

We are ACH'ing vendors out of Bill.com vs. using QuickBooks or direct from our bank. Provides an easy solution without having to upgrade our bank service level.

Bill.com review by Michelle E.
Michelle E.

"Bill.com - Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

Keeping track of the invoices we receive from vendors has never been easier. Employees at my company can now submit invoices to one place and it is easy for me to know if it is approved to pay or not.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike about using Bill.com.

Before using Bill.com, I had to e-mail various managers to know whether I had approval to pay an invoice. With Bill.com, I no longer have to do that.

Bill.com review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"There's Better"

What do you like best?

They will mail out invoices for you which is helpful when you have some clients who don't respond well to email invoices. They do accept credit card payments as well as direct deposit.

What do you dislike?

Very complicated to setup. Difficult to see income for specific services. Expensive monthly fees to accept credit card payments. There are better solutions out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at Wave Apps instead.

Send invoices. Collect payments. Setup client billing.

Bill.com review by User in Information Technology and Services

"It makes payments easier overall. "

What do you like best?

Bill.com shows you all the bills that are pending and need approvals on the main page. It makes approvals easy. After selecting a specific bill, you could see the document uploaded. There's no need for multiple clicks for referenced documents.

I like how Bill.com makes it easier to email all the invoices using an alias. I can ask any vendors to email the alias set up directly.

What do you dislike?

The main dashboard page might be a little confusing with different status. They don't get sorted too well. Also, I can't download the attachments (at least I haven't figured out). It shouldn't be too difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bill.com solves the needs for helping to make payments to your vendors and suppliers.

Bill.com helps us to make payments to our suppliers at ease.

Bill.com review by Executive Sponsor in Environmental Services
Executive Sponsor in Environmental Services

"Don't Use Bill.com, It's Unreliable and Endlessly Problematic"

What do you like best?

AP seemed to have less problems, but AR is a nightmare of endless issues.

What do you dislike?

Since starting with bill.com about 9 months ago, we seem to have new problems every month. And most often, when we contact their support, they have no idea or explanation as to why certain problems occur, and therefore there's no way to identify the route problem to prevent future occurances.

was supposed to automate AP and AR, but repeated problems have caused many hours of wasted time with chat support, and done serious damage to our cash flow. The software is too unreliable and the problems override the benefits.

Bill.com review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Expenses paid easy"

What do you like best?

This app shows relays the expenses that has to be paid out from the app Tallie

What do you dislike?

Nothing really but it does get confusing because it’ll say a bill is overdue but it’s just my company that has to pay out

Expense reimbursement, it’s makes it so much easier and pays out in a timely matter

Bill.com review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Bill.com takes us from scanning the invoice through the approval process to payments in an efficient way.

What do you dislike?

It takes some work to get a JE to export to our financial database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bill.com is a good solution for those who are looking for something user-friendly.

The approval process and storing invoices are covered using Bill.com.

Bill.com review by User in Research
User in Research

"good idea, decent execution. can be improved"

What do you like best?

It's a great idea for reimbursement. I have had a decent experience with it.

What do you dislike?

It's more complicated than it needs to be. The user interface and the number of steps it takes to submit a reimbursement request can be improved upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations as I have not used any other similar software in the recent past.

The problem is getting reimbursed for team expenses. The benefits are that there is no need for any paper receipts. The reimbursement comes directly to your bank account.

Bill.com review by Consultant in Design
Consultant in Design

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Bill.com was very easy for me to set up. Once my company profile was set up. I was quickly able to find my vendors and create an invoice to send.

What do you dislike?

I have not been able to load my company logo to appear on invoices

Using bill.com to invoice and receive payment from my client directly to my bank account is eliminating the costs credit card fees that I incur when a client pays me via credit card.

Bill.com review by Judith H.
Judith H.

"Bill.com Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use software. The cost structure is fair however we paid for bill.com to classify expenses and they never did.

What do you dislike?

Adjustments do not link to QB. We have to manually reconcile bill.com and it usually does not reconcile due to prior period adjustments/invoices. It would be nice to actually close a month in the system.

Streamlined high volume of invoices

Bill.com review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great service with some holes"

What do you like best?

Being able to email invoices into a dedicated address and have them transcribed for me to approve.

What do you dislike?

Lack of certain features like statements, and being able to easily reorder line items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great service that has save me a lot of hours every month, but there are some pretty basic features that I'm hoping they add soon.

Saving time on billing and invoicing clients.

Learning about Bill.com?

* We monitor all Bill.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.