Billy

Billy is an accounting software for entrepreneurs and small businesses that provide a suite of accounting tools like invoicing and expense tracking that require no advanced accounting degree or specialized training, entrepreneurs can get paid quickly by sending invoices via email, and receiving payments by credit card or bank transfer.

Work for Billy?

Learning about Billy?

Billy Reviews

Ask Billy a Question
Showing 163 Billy reviews
Billy review by <span>Kevin (AHONU) A.</span>
Kevin (AHONU) A.

"Billy has turned traditional accounting on its head for me."

What do you like best?

Simplicity. Billy makes accounting simple. That's it. All other systems I've used were over-complicated with difficult interfaces. Not Billy. It is well designed, easy to follow and has an excellent non-fussy user interface. It also loads quickly and performs well as a SAS service overall.

What do you dislike?

Having to manually enter bank data instead of an automatic sync is a drawback. There may be a way to automate this but I haven't found it yet. If this is the case, it should be easier to find it and implement it. Aside from that, I find it an excellent product and a superb service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found I had to do the trial first to realize how easy it was going to be to switch. Then, when it all went smoothly, I was sold. The first look of the Billy App is rather simplistic, so it is easy to make a judgment that it is not comprehensive enough to run your business, but try it, you will be pleasantly surprised!

Automatic repeat invoicing is a huge benefit. I love that I can create new accounts or new products from various screens. In other words, I don't have to go back to a Create Account screen, or a New Product screen each time. I like its ease of use and the ease with which Billy shows the current state of play in my business is really helpful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Billy
Billy review by <span>Adrianne M.</span>
Adrianne M.

"WAY simpler than QuickBooks"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - the matching of invoices and expenses - aaaaaaaah..... so intuitive.

How easy it is to see overdue payments

Excellent customer support

Great training sessions - to the point, well run.

Even my CPA accountant likes it! - especially since I now do a better job of adding my receipts instead of handing them a pile of paper to deal with. :)

What do you dislike?

Will need recurring billing (for subscription services)

Will eventually need to offer a payroll option.

Time tracking would be a bonus, but right now I do that in my project management software. No big deal!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have wanted to move off of QB for a loooong time. Couldn't decide between FreshBooks, Xero, or a few other solutions. When I saw the Billy webinar, it just looked so easy. I tried the introductory offer, and was hooked. Don't just buy it. Get your own information in there. I spent an afternoon creating 6 months of data. Wasn't bad. Familarized me immediately with the system, and my support questions were a lot more specific.

Because it's so simple, I stay on top of my financials so much better than I did with Quickbooks. I've reduced dependence on my bookkeeper. I have a clear picture of where the money is coming in and going out.

What Small-Business Accounting solution do you use?

Billy review by <span>Srikanth N.</span>
Srikanth N.

"I like Billy :)"

What do you like best?

I like the clean and simple interface and that they are always publishing resources to make my life as a user easier. I also like the fact that they are aware of the competition and it's easy to see that they are continually striving to make the product better.

What do you dislike?

Because Billy is young, they're still finding their footing, which means a few features are undergoing changes even as I am getting used to the service. I can't find too many faults with them because as I mentioned above, they're constantly working on improving the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that Billy will meet most organisations needs, especially if you are a small to medium business but be aware that Billy is young and still growing in many ways so prepare to be patient and go on the journey.

Billy will make accounting easier and will always give me a good indication of where my business is at. I am still in the process of moving across from another accounting package but once the transition is complete, Billy's simplistic approach will make accounting a whole less painful for me because it's not my strength.

Billy review by <span>Mulyadi S.</span>
Mulyadi S.

"Easily create and track invoice"

What do you like best?

Billy provides the creation and tracking of invoice. It also provides the creation of a recurring invoice, bill tracking, as well as the automatic creation of balance sheet. Billy is also a SaaS, so there's no software/app to install and can be accessed anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Billy has a cool feature of reconciling bank accounts. Unfortunately, it hasn't supported the country I'm currently residing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business and/or entrepreneur, and your business is growing, you will eventually need accounting software to track your income/finance. Billy provides easy-to-use solution for this need.

As a recent solopreneur, all I need is to create and track invoice. Billy provides this - and more. I can create an invoice, send it to the client, and then track it - all inside Billy.

I provide web design, development, and maintenance, as one of my services. The recurring invoice feature in Billy saves me a lot of time, as I can schedule and send invoice automatically.

Billy review by <span>Jan B.</span>
Jan B.

"Easy to use and reliable"

What do you like best?

As a solo service provider, I need a reliable method of billing that doesn’t require a full-time staff. I find that in Billy. I can keep track of my services to clients so that billing day goes smoothly. It also allows me to collect payments by credit card and to send friendly reminders when an invoice falls through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

I don't use the expense tracking features, preferring to do it myself, which is not really a knock against Billy, since there are probably people who do like to use it.

One improvement I would like to see is an easier interface for managing the canned replies. It took me quite a while to find it, and it doesn't give me as much control over my communications with clients as I would prefer.

Business problems Billy helps with:

1. Too much time spent on monthly billing

2. Difficulty keeping track of who's paid and who owes

3. Having to construct monthly invoices from scratch

Billy review by <span>Ed F.</span>
Ed F.

"A great web-based application - with all the features of the big guys, without the cost"

What do you like best?

The fact that Billy is cloud-based (and free), make it quite attractive. Icing on the cake are all the features, and the ability to upload receipts directly into the application, make it even that much better, especially for those who don't want (or can't) be tied to just one computer/location (like myself, an independent consultant who travels).

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike... more a wishlist

Even though uploading receipts is good, I wish Billy shared between some of the big cloud-based storage solutions, like Dropbox, or Google Drive.

Understanding the low cost of Billy, there are features that aren't included - like helping you file your business taxes. But when I compared the prices of applications that offered that feature, it was cheaper to hire an accountant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just spend a half-hour with the product. The time spent will reap huge benefits

Using Accounting Software, helps me add legitimacy to my business - I could hand-write invoices, or use any of the many Word or Excel templates, but Billy makes my business look just like the big guys, even with a vendor portal for my customers/clients.

Learning about Billy?

* We monitor all Billy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.