BirdDogHR

BirdDogHR offers a complete talent management system to guide the entire employee lifecycle from hire to retire. BirdDogHR specializes in high-consequence and government contracting industries because they have unique needs. Companies from other industries can use the BirdDogHR talent management solution — and they do — but the solution is built with the most rigorous compliance needs in mind.

Work for BirdDogHR?

Learning about BirdDogHR?

BirdDogHR Reviews

Ask BirdDogHR a Question
Showing 25 BirdDogHR reviews
BirdDogHR review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"BirdDogHR has been the perfect solution!"

What do you like best?

BirdDogHR is very user friendly! I searched for an ATS for awhile and did a lot of demos, BirdDogHR is the easiest to use for myself and my coworkers. Its as simple as point and click and everything is in order!

I also really like that I can post ads to several job boards from just one site. The ease of posting through templates and copying jobs has saved me a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

I would like if the candidate pool were searchable by disposition from the candidate tab. However, BirdDogHR is constantly making positive changes so I'm hoping it comes along soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to use, all in one ATS and Job Posting program - this is it!

Before BirdDogHR, I used a spreadsheet to keep track of my applicants, and other managers couldn't access it. By using this ATS, all of my managers can access applicants from their location, all in one place! It also allows us to keep notes so that everyone can see them.

Another problem is solved is knowing when I have a duplicate applicant. It has really cut down my wasted time trying to figure out who had already applied and when, or screening candidates who had applied in the past.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BirdDogHR
BirdDogHR review by Garet W.
Garet W.

"BirdDogHR in 2017"

What do you like best?

The staff was very helpful in the set up process and trained our team over several sessions.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked this product to have online interview questions to enter and record. Otherwise, we have been very satisfied with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are using BirdDOgHR for our ATS and Onboarding and are still rookie users... but it has allowed us to streamline our processes.

BirdDogHR has given us an online presence and increased our applicant flow.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

BirdDogHR review by Lynzie S.
Lynzie S.

"Great Product & Experience"

What do you like best?

We have the full suite. It was the best choice we could have made, with a small but growing company, we needed a line of products that could fit our current needs, but also evolve with us. BirdDogHR is that!

What do you dislike?

I wish we could do more! The ATS & Onboarding modules have improved our processed greatly, but it would be awesome if the reporting function could help us transfer data into our payroll system to take away even more keystrokes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions! There were several things I thought of going through the process, but wouldn't have known if I didn't ask questions.

We didn't have a effective ATS or a very formal onboarding process. Having that module has improved our recruiting and onboarding process and made the process more smooth. We are projecting a lot of growth, so this is a very instrumental piece.

BirdDogHR review by Mary M.
Mary M.

"Great ATS Solution!"

What do you like best?

BirdDog ATS is very easy to use. It's an intuitive system that makes the posting of job adds and tracking of applicants streamlined. It has great job board reach too! Before BirdDog we were spending a fortune in posting positions on the various job boards. Now we're saving money on advertising jobs and have the additional feature of applicant tracking. It truly is a win/win solution for our company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new business unit management feature. It's confusing and cumbersome compared to the original format. I also wish BirdDog had a custom reporting functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We researched several ATS solutions and found BirdDog was the best value for our company.

As I mentioned above... we're saving money on job posting advertising! We're also saving a tremendous amount of man hours by eliminating applicant data entry... all of the information we need to report on is now housed in BirdDog.

BirdDogHR review by Jon W.
Jon W.

"BirdDog exceeds expectations"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation, use, stability of product and integration with other software products.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything yet. Time will tell as we continue to build out the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.... I have been with billion dollar companies that had customer solutions, million dollar products, etc and birddog is better..

Automating the employee experience with the admin side of the business, automating reporting for a federal contractor, improving candidate reach, experience and screening & automating/single source tracking of performance and succession.

BirdDogHR review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Awful--it's like the super cheap and terrible version of success factors."

What do you like best?

Absolutely nothing. The LMS is incredibly cumbersome, unstable, not intuitive, not user friendly, and there's not even an admin manual. No one at Birddog seems to know how to answer even the most basic LMS questions. I'm not even sure if the LMS was ever used by another company besides ours, as there are lots of questions posed by our E-Learning design manager that Birddog cannot answer, like the number of users the system can handle at once, etc. Not cool.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely everything, from the unstable platform (it chronically logs people off at random times, resets passwords without notifying users, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it

None.

BirdDogHR review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Job-changer! Excellent ATS"

What do you like best?

Much less paper to print and keep up with - we receive a lot of applications! Even more now that people don't have to come in person to apply!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to see their phone number in Contact Info tab rather than having to open the application. And, how can it be left blank when it's a required field?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their implementation help is tremendous! Customer Support always answers / returns phone calls in a timely manner. Service checks in regularly, gives good advice.

I love that it automatically and instantly posts the job to our website.

I was keeping a spreadsheet of disability and veteran statuses, dates of applications, dates hired - now I don't have to do that and it will be infinitely easier to run a report!

Confident that our online job postings now meet Affirmative Action requirements.

BirdDogHR review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great so far"

What do you like best?

Like the fact I only have to post one place and it goes to all the major sites we use. Also like that I can add several locations without creating new jobs.

What do you dislike?

I wish it connected to zip recruiter so that I could make that part of my job streamlined as well. Now I'm currently posting separately to zip recruiter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least use it for compliance purposes! That alone is very helpful. Note that most applicants come from Indeed.

We are utilizing the compliance piece of birdog hr and that's taken a tremendous burden off of us.

BirdDogHR review by Robert D.
Robert D.

"BirdDogHR ATS System *****"

What do you like best?

BirdDog's customer service model has worked very effectively for our organization. It's product line in very easy to utilize and the transition to their system was nearly seamless. Was one of the best transition experiences I have ever had.

What do you dislike?

n/a... If we have any issues they get fixed immediately. No major issues have presented themselves to us.

Having a better documented recruiting result from the data produced has allowed us more ease in analyze data point and trends so that we can modify our recruiting strategies.

Administrator in Construction

"BirdDog has helped grow our business immensely"

What do you like best?

I like that it archives all of our applicants. I also enjoy how user friendly it is, and how easy it is to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything. If I ever had an issue, the team would help me immediately and resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!! It will help you in so many ways and will allow you to actively search for candidates in your area without having to take away from your other duties.

We are solving our staffing needs with BirdDog. It allows us to put out our feelers and collect resumes in an efficient and productive way. We have gained employees that came from different states, and employees we never would have gained contact from if it weren't for BirdDog.

BirdDogHR review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"BirdDogHR Applicant Tracking System "

What do you like best?

I like the customized approach to make the ATS my system and have it fit my needs from both a recruiter and hiring manager view.

What do you dislike?

I would like for BirdDogHR to have the ability for us to create customized reports that I can use to hiring managers and also to our senior level management in regards to applicant flow and our recruiting effectiveness.

Today we are working closely with hiring managers to allow them to work their open jobs and not to depend on a recruiter to send them applications. This give more ownership to the hiring manager on his jobs and the ability for the hiring manager to review candidates at their convenience.

BirdDogHR review by Laurie I.
Laurie I.

"Awesome ATS"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. BirdDog is the easiest ATS I have ever used. Works wonderfully!

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I do not like. The system works great for the company I work for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It truly is as easy as they say it is to set up and use. I was not sure, but I am a believer now!

I have knocked off 20 hours per week of my time in reviewing resumes and posting positions.

BirdDogHR review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Review for applicant tracking and posting of open positions."

What do you like best?

I like that I can now just run the applicant tracking report rather than manually track our applicants. I also love posting to one site that branches off to many free sites and all applications are held in one place.

What do you dislike?

We also have the background checks through Wolfe and I wish that the application would populate the background check info so we don't have to wait for applicants to fill in the links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is helpful and also the people will support your in a timely manner.

Solving a lot of time by not tracking applicants and also cuts down time to complete our Affirmative Action Plan.

BirdDogHR review by Christine D.
Christine D.

"Software is adequate and navigation is easy."

What do you like best?

I love the ability to change a candidates status and send an email immediately without having to navigate to another area.

What do you dislike?

I keep having to toggle between candidates and job to change the label. It would be great to be able to change the label in job. I added a label that identified I reviewed the candidate and eliminated them from consideration.

reviewing resumes are simpler

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

We have several supervisors that do not have computer experience and this system has been very easy for them to learn to use and navigate through.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes printing their application gets confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used other applicant tracking systems before and this by far is the most user friendly system.

All applications are now completed online, making it so much easier from a compliance perspective.

"Seamless process"

What do you like best?

I have implemented ATS solutions on my past and BirdDogs process was so simple. I expected the integration to take months and it was days! The client services team took care of everything and it felt like it was just a plug and play

What do you dislike?

I wish I knew more about the connection with simple onboard and some limitations we have

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution and for companies with little to no HR budget, can't go wrong

We are all paper based for our entire employment lifecycle for a new hire and do not have a central repository. This takes care of all of our needs.

BirdDogHR review by Administrator in Facilities Services
Administrator in Facilities Services

"BirdDogHR has helped me streamline my job postings to reach more job seekers in less time. "

What do you like best?

The ability to reach multiple job boards with a single post saves me time and lets me focus on other areas

What do you dislike?

The resume database search I have not found to be too helpful. The lack of a valid "last updated" date on user profiles has been frustrating.

Recruiting.

BirdDogHR review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"BirdDog is great "

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and the staff is very helpful when I have questions. They are more than willing to help!

What do you dislike?

sometimes there are issues with names not coming up on system. It may be the internet browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd love to see the upcoming changes

That when you take the time to learn how to use BDHR, it can be beneficial and save you a lot of time. There are a lot of things you can learn when you give them a call.

BirdDogHR review by Kelly M.
Kelly M.

"Mediocre"

What do you like best?

I like the automatic email options and candidate interface.

What do you dislike?

I strongly dislike that there are no "sticky screens"

We are trying to get a better handle on our recruiting. We have realized that there are things we should be keeping better track of.

BirdDogHR review by Madalyn M.
Madalyn M.

"BirdDog "

What do you like best?

So far the support and service has been wonderful

What do you dislike?

Too new of a customer to know yet. So far it has been a great experience with setup.

The ATS Solution is helping to mainstream our recruitment process.

BirdDogHR review by Desiree S.
Desiree S.

"ATS that can do so much more"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. I can post a job very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Each additional feature is an added expense

the need for a consistent onboarding experience

BirdDogHR review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Human Resources Generalist"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to navigate. Reports are easy to create. I've been successful in finding qualified candidates for my positions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Recruiting for my open territories throughout the United States I have had an abundance of candidates apply.

Administrator in Construction

"Amazing Experience with BirdDogHR"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use, and the rep is always ready to help.

What do you dislike?

The site updating without knowledge can be a bit much, but still easy to use.

Trying to get hiring managers to deposition. I have realized the benefits to the EEO Reports.

BirdDogHR review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Great product and easy to use interface"

What do you like best?

Applicant tracking allows labeling the applicants you didn't select to contact again for future openings that match that label.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard widgets aren't very helpful. Not enough breakdown.

We have primarily used BirdDog as a time-saving measure for a very small 2 person manned HR department.

BirdDogHR review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Good applicant tracking system, but would prefer more distribution through top tier career sites. "

What do you like best?

The applicant tracking portion of the site

What do you dislike?

There is no way to track outgoing and incoming emails through Birddog

It works well for tracking applicants and their history.

Learning about BirdDogHR?

* We monitor all BirdDogHR reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.