bitly

bitly is the easiest and most fun way to save, share and discover links from around the web. offers an enterprise analytics platform that helps companies grow their social media traffic.

Work for bitly?

Learning about bitly?

bitly Reviews

Showing 154 bitly reviews
bitly review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.

"Great experience even better than what Google URL Shortner used to offer"

What do you like best?

It has a lot more features than Google URL Shortner used to have, I love the fact that you don't need to hay a payed account to modify (partially) your Shortened links. Of course you have to pay if you want a specific domain to be shortned, but with the free tools you can do a lot, and also you can measure all the links. So for me is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

Indeed there is not much I could say I dislike, because it has lots of great features, only the price y a little bit high in order to get the other tools to build and track campaigns by channel, product, audience, the paid dashboard, etc.

Another thing I dislike is the NO possibility to create campaigns without the payed subscription, that is a feature that could be a good hook if they give it for free to the users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really good alternative for those who used to use Google URL Shortner, and even for those beginners.

Measuring the click for specific links of course, but in a more understandable, organized and better looking way.

It also helps with the charts exporting or just taking a screenshot.

Something else it helped a lot is the referrers, they are so exact.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about bitly
bitly review by Jessica G.
Jessica G.

"Great for a free resource"

What do you like best?

Bit.ly is great because it allows for simple link shortening in a very quick and intuitive way. MY company does a great deal of print communication, and our long website links simply don't work. This is also great for use in our text blasts, and ultimately makes our audience more responsive to some of our communications.

What do you dislike?

I know that there are more elegant solutions out there as far as obtaining more trackable and branded links. Bit.ly doesn't not provide this in any quick or convenient manner, and rather serves it purpose as a basic link shortener. Contacting their customer service team to inquire about rates for an enterprise account has proven to be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely go ahead and give bit.ly a shot if you are considering something to help in campaign monitoring, especially if you have yet to implement in this area. It's a great starting point.

My team has realized the benefits of using shortened links for print and social media in seeing an increase of clickthroughs. We generally work with an audience that is not comprised of digital natives, so the less there is to type in the browser bar from a flyer or print piece, the better. We can keep a birds eye views on clicks without sifting through our webpage or social analytics, which proofs to be beneficial in short-term campaign adjustments.

What Content Analytics solution do you use?

bitly review by Angelo O.
Angelo O.

"Good service, not the best, but is the one we use"

What do you like best?

Bitly is a good service to make short link for your business. You can connect a custom domain for you short links, you can customize the name of the link and use tags inside the platform to organize your work. Also Bitly provide you a basic analytic dashboard about the performance of your links that only last 30 days if you're using the free version.

What do you dislike?

To connect your custom domain to Bitly you have to play around with DNS, and it's not so simple. ALso there is no way to purchase a custom domain directly in it. Their prices are to high (starting from 500 USD for a month). Unfortunely the free version allows you to see the stats about the links just for 30 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I higly reccomend you to use the free version, the best among the others.

With Bitly we can short our links for free, keeping them organized thanks to tags. We use to send out inoffice messages with custom links related to projects and clients, for this purpose we find Bitly really useful. We also use it sometimes for our social medias.

bitly review by Giovanna R.
Giovanna R.

"Good platform to have control over the links"

What do you like best?

Bitly is a good platform that allows you to have control over the performance and lenght of a link. I like the fact that I can see the performance with place and source of the "click" on the link. Also the customization of the shorten link is something that you can use at your advantage.

What do you dislike?

The customization of the shorten link base can appear too much difficult for who is not so expert.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software can also helps you in social media marketing, scanning the performance of your post and publications. Test it.

I use Bitly to short links to use in the banners, ADs, and website that I create. This allow me to have under control every single link, understanding which one performs better that the other and how to improve positioning and message of the ad. I really love Bitly. It have no learning curve, and can keep all you data about performances really organized.

bitly review by Miky P.
Miky P.

"Quick way to send out long link"

What do you like best?

I like the basic feature of Bitly: the short links. Just this it's great for me, but sometimes I use it for my social shares so I also like the stats avaible for every link. I also like the fact that I can use Bitly on my smartphone or on my pc, everything will be ever in sync.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I can't find nothing that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it please, it's one of the best and fun tool I ever used.

I use Bitly to share and store long links of articles and pages related to the projects that we are follow. When planning the shooting of a video is always a good idea to looking for storyes and inspiration on the internet. So I use Bitly to save and label intrasting link and it's also a great way to share the same links with members of my team.

Sometimes I use Bitly also for my social profiles, to see how a link performs. Great for this!

bitly review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"A great URL tracking & shortening tool"

What do you like best?

It's a great free tool for tracking your URLs and shortening them - perfect for social media updates. If you want to dig into the results and see some demographics around who's clicking on your links and how many times etc. then this is the tool for you.

What do you dislike?

The free version is somewhat limited and the paid version (Enterprise) is far too expensive for 99.9% of the companies out there. There needs to be a middle-ground product for companies that need premium features but don't have a huge budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the limitations of the free version before jumping into the tool as the lack of premium features can be frustrating, but it's far too expensive for most (I believe it's around $1,000 per month).

It enables us to track our URL clicks and understand what from which locations users are clicking. It also is a great way of shortening our URLs and integrating straight into Buffer.

bitly review by Fernando D.
Fernando D.

"Bitly is the perfect tool to track your customer actions"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, plus it gives you the chance to make links optimize to your taste for free. Another good thing is that creating a link only takes a few seconds once you get used to the system

What do you dislike?

sometimes it takes time to start tracking, nothing too bad, but sometimes a few minutes.

the website could be a little more friendly. I haven't seen it available as a Google Chrome extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are able to put bit.ly into your business routines you'll have a great ally on your site.

Whenever I send a presentation or dashboard to one of my customers I am able to track if they opened the file, which is very good for follow up.

Another key benefit is the fact that your whole history for the links clicked stays on their site as long as you want

bitly review by Jose Tomas T.
Jose Tomas T.

"My experience in Bitly"

What do you like best?

For me, the best and most popular link shortener on the planet, because in addition to its basic services can be integrated with all social networks like twitter and facebook and shorten all the links we publish, showing us an analysis of how many and where they come from Clicks. It maintains a platform to measure the impact of our publications on different social networks.

What do you dislike?

It should reward its users a bit more, as well as other shorteners, since, because they are popular, they can give incentives to their most loyal users.

One of the disadvantages of this and all the shorteners is that they can be used for malicious purposes to infect with viruses towards pages that are not what the user thinks is intended.

Despite its popularity, many people do not trust links shortened for fear that it leads to malicious pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I guarantee you will not regret using it.

Using shortened links for publications makes the information more digestible and therefore will generate more interactions in your publications and improve the position of your brand.

bitly review by Caroline J.
Caroline J.

"User-friendly custom URL tracking for all companies, from small business to enterprise level"

What do you like best?

I like that bit.ly makes it easy for novices and experts alike to custom track their web traffic. The platform has great enterprise level capabilities making it a worthy tool in a professionals toolkit. It's easy to access and view reporting metrics it's easy to create many URLs in bulk if necessary for a campaign.

What do you dislike?

Once a custom URL is created, it cannot be updated. Only new URLs can be created. If the custom URL is already in use, it can be frustrating, especially if it's connected to out of date content. I wish there was a way to purge old bit.ly links, or request the custom URL be transferred to another user. I realize that some of the limitations are in order to prevent abuse of content, but it does not offer too many workarounds if a URL needs to be updated with a correct address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for those just beginning to measure the ROI of their social media content. Also great for seasoned professionals and those who work with enterprise companies. Fits the bill from small business to large.

I've been able to track how well social media content performs compared to newsletter and other marketing content. Able to refer measurable traffic from non-digital sources like print. People often ask how to prove the ROI of social media, and it's a very strong indicator of purchase intent and conversation rate.

bitly review by Sabrina M.
Sabrina M.

"Perfect to shorten long url and keep an eye on the performance of your posted urls"

What do you like best?

Bitly is perfect to shorten long urls and keep an eye on the performance of your posted urls. It's easy to use, you can make short urls in seconds, simply pasting the original url in a box. If you share the link on a social media the preview will be from the original link. The insight feature helps you to understand how your olinks perform.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the platform give us the opportunity to shorten many times the same links, so if you use the same source for different platform you can track down the performance per projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Bitly (even the free version of it) if you want to implement your work and social media strategy.

I always use Bitly in my social media platform activity. It helps me a lot tracking down performances and peek the ROI on my strategies. It's also useful in my blog and emails since it allows me to keep everything focused and short.

bitly review by Edgar R.
Edgar R.

"Best app to shorten your urls"

What do you like best?

bitly simply is the best website that you can find on the market to make a short url .

I really like that you can use bitly even without the need to sign up for an account. This feature gives access to millions of people that use bitly even without know the real power behind the service when you have an account.

I had little experience with an active account.

I use to work with bitly just to shortened the urls....but since I signup for an account, i saw that bitly offers great ways to have a closer look at what is happening with the urls that you are sending....don't hesitate and open your account prior to start using the app....you will lose a lot of information that you can gather and analyze.

What do you dislike?

You can be using bitly, like me, for years, event without knowing that you can get an account and have a lot more benefits and metrics than just get your urls shortened...this is very bad.

Prior to this review, I had used bitly for like 3 years even without noticing that there was a way to get an account....I just get my account ready and start seeing the benefits...I am starting to migrate my shortened urls to my bitly account

Recommendations to others considering the product

SIGN UP for your account immediately even though you can use the service like me for more than 3 years.

I think that the value added of getting the account is enormous, don't hesitate and open the account and take advantage of all these free benefits.

We are using bitly to shorten mkt urls to information from our franchises and to avoid posting long urls that make emails less appealing to customers when they read them.

bitly review by Alessandro P.
Alessandro P.

"The best URL shortener"

What do you like best?

I use Bitly a lot every day. It have a good integration with software and devices. It allows you to create custom bit.ly/ URLs with your links, but they have to be new and never used. You can connect a custom domain thanks to DNS features and the platform offers you a great insight on the links performance, with the number of clicks, country of clicks and performance in time. The dashboard is simple and easy to use, allowing you to shorten a link in a second and tagging it following your needs.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if Bitly provide an interface with folders or another way to divide links, since I use it a lot would be great to organize them per projects. Would be easy to take control of them. Also deleting a link can appear a little messy. Simplyfing this would make a better experience for the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my experience I can only highly reccomend you to use Bitly. You will find an easy way to measure your posts performance and the facility to share links in your social media.

I use Bitly in my everyday life. To shorten URLs for Twitter, or to track my post performance on Facebook (since that you can delete the link in post and you only have the preview, so nothing strange to the eye of the viewer.). I also love that I can shorten links in a second thanks to the iPhone integration. This helps me a lot in managing my social networks from my smartphone.

bitly review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to use & great metrics!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this product is to use, even with the business account, all you need to do paste your link and click shorten and you're good to go! The platform also offers great UX. They leave the guessing out with intuitive easy to use buttons and empty text boxes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this doesn't integrate with our google analytics. To accurately track all metrics I have to first create a UTM code then shorten the link. It would be helpful to integrate UTM code creation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

bitly metrics are great for a company who is looking to focus in on what links are attracting the highest traffic volumes from social posts. It's also great for those looking to include shortened links in copy. To get the most out of it, I recommend using all of the metrics features. This is great if you aren't already using something like google analytics to track traffic from links.

We're using bitly to enhance all of our social media copy. Social media posts with links significantly increase follower engagement and create a flow of traffic to your content or website. With limited character space, bitly helps us to provide additional context and value in all of our posts.

bitly review by Bryan N.
Bryan N.

"I use bit.ly every day and it's so easy"

What do you like best?

I like how easy bit.ly is to use. I use bit.ly every day to shorten links to support pages. Bit.ly has an easy to use search function that allows me to look for previously created bit.ly links so I can use them to respond to a different product review.

What do you dislike?

When trying to research total clicks for links that I've created the data that is presented only represents about 30 days and not the lifetime of my account. This may be because I am using a free account but I can search for the dates but the data remains the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bit.ly is the easiest and most reliable link shortening tool to use. I've been using bit.ly for my entire career and I know that it is the trusted link shortening tool of companies worldwide.

My help links look so much cleaner by using bit.ly to shorten them. I like the way that bit.ly uses custom shorteners for corporate accounts so that my links show up with my company's abbreviation and not with bit.ly before each of my links.

bitly review by Martin F.
Martin F.

"Tracking click rates gives you a better understanding of what your audience likes."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that bit.ly has options for free and paid service. It is simple tool to use and it gives you some information about where your links are being clicked in the actual physical world and where you have placed them on the web. I like that I can open it up any day and see what content I have shared and still see the clicks on those links. It is also great as a url shortener for platforms like Twitter.

What do you dislike?

The subscription price is a bit pricy for a small business so you don't have access to the exact times and locations of people clicking on the links but how else would the company make money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are utilizing bitly and collecting your own data via APIs I would take a look at DataSift as it works very well with Bit.ly and can help you make more sense of your data.

learning what content resonates best with our audience. Also realizing what content we share in emails is saved by the end user to come back to.

bitly review by Devyn D.
Devyn D.

"Bit.ly is useful for high level analytics"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly this program is. It's very intuitive and straight forward. It is extremely easy to shorten the links and the way the data is presented is easy to digest. You can also customize the links which makes it look more professional.

What do you dislike?

I wish that when page descriptions were updated, bit.ly would update live. I've had times where I've made a typo in my page description and when I fix it, it is not reflected in the bit.ly link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for deep analytics, this is not for you. This helps with shortening links for social media purposes and high-level analytics on where link clicks came from. If your website setup uses long links, this is helpful for posting especially in your Instagram bio.

We use it primarily to shorten links for social media. It also helps us understand which platform is best for different types of blogs we produce.

bitly review by Amy P.
Amy P.

"Excellent features and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can personalize the shortened URL. It makes it more appealing to click. In general, I love the bit.ly url and analytic tracking features. If you want to try various headlines and custom urls, you can attempt A/B testing and see what works.

What do you dislike?

I like the service very much, and I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think bit.ly is very easy to use and I recommend it to all of my colleagues.

After class, I have to post feedback for my students in China, and I wanted to include a link to supporting materials. Usually, long links can get garbled in translation software and students were not able to access the information I wanted to share. Bit.ly was my first thought and it has solved all of my problems.

bitly review by Katie O.
Katie O.

"Short, Sweet and Simple"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly bitly is. It's straight to the point as soon as you log in.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing that I dislike about the site. Maybe the link that it creates could be more related to the article or link you're converting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely sign up to create an account, especially if you are looking to learn more about your social analytics. At first, I just used this website without creating a log in, and now I wish that I had created one a long time ago! It tracks how many clicks you get from each created bitly link which is really helpful.

I use it for our company's Twitter account. Long links are ugly and take up too much space, so bitly helps me include links as well as a caption in my Tweets.

bitly review by Lia B.
Lia B.

"The best link tracking site I've used in the beginning of my blogging"

What do you like best?

What I liked best is that it tracked the clicks on the links leading from my post. It helped with keeping track of many different things. I still use it from time to time. I only use it to track outgoing links from my social sites or sharing from Hootsuite. By using the site, it's a great thing that you can choose the end of the short link that you create. That is one of the things I really like! It helps to keep track of the links for my clients. They need to be informed about the traffic going to their sites. That is the whole purpose of using bitly. It's unique on how you know how many people actually click on your links. I know a few that go to blogs but NEVER click on a link. By using this program / site, it's so much easier and than not knowing. This improves the quality of your site. Your site will rank higher when you're getting clicks and the outgoing of traffic, or incoming of traffic (if shared on a social site with the bitly link that has been created). The link, when shared to a social site helps to track traffic that comes into your site. You then know what kind of traffic you're really getting.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that they changed the entire site and it has options where you have to pay for what use to be free. I do not like that you can not share from it as you can on the other. Then again, it never did. I know that it would be a huge plus on their part. If you could share from the site, that would make it so much better to use. Right now, I'm having to use 2 different sites. One of the sites that I use does both. But I do not like that bit.ly is one for not getting the benefits that I need. Even if I did, they started charging for a lot of things that use to be free. I would really like to use the things on the site that I use to. Unfortunately, I can't and it's something that I could see a lot of people using. I really can't think of anything else that I truly dislike about Bitly. Bitly has one issue that I can pin point the highest. Not being able to access some of the things that I use to and now have to pay for, which I do not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've actually recommended several when bitly first launched. By recommending them, I think I done a good thing. Each of those people still use bitly too.

Using them as tracking links for my blog. It is something that I use when it's a sponsored post so that I can keep track of it for my client. They eventually need to know how the tacking is going on the clicks on outgoing to their sites. There really isn't anything else that I can use the site for. The best part is that I enjoy about the site is that you can actually choose the ending of the link. It helps with knowing what traffic is coming from social sites, social shares or clicks on the links within the blog or social share. By doing that, it makes it to where you then have a better idea of how your site traffic is doing.

bitly review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Bitly Links Save Me! "

What do you like best?

Bitly links make it incredibly easy for me to customize my content length that I share on various social media platforms. I am able to insert my customized link onto any platform and then monitor the traffic from that space. There have been times where the Twitter 140 character count has left me in a bind, especially when using a longer link. From Bitly links, I can shorten these and use the room I have for hashtags and mention @ members.

What do you dislike?

For the desktop version of the Bitly links service (yes, there is an iOS app!), there isn't a way to organize or sort through the links that have been used in order of time. I can search using the toolbar at the top, but it'd be more efficient to have this option as a drop-down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to get more out of the content that you share, (meaning character counts), then use Bitly links to shorten content links and track the progress.

I'm able to track where clicks to my content are coming from by Location, System, and Social Media Sharing Platform. I can also use a calendar view to see which days the traffic drives highest and lowest. This has helped me adjust my own posting schedule. I can also reuse these Bitly links, as they stay static throughout their use.

bitly review by Matthew T.
Matthew T.

"Great URL shortener that works for 100% of our campaigns"

What do you like best?

It is extremely simple to create a short link using Bitly. It's analytics are simple to digest and require very little analytics skills to assess the impact of a link to a website or campaign.

What do you dislike?

Bitly does not allow me to create two unique links for 1 source. For example, I have 1 landing page but want to track the click from sources separately. The workaround is to use UTM, but it'd be nice if there was a more simple solution.

We use Bitly for all social and web presence to measure how well our links our working. Especially nice for on page URLs that direct away from our website (for example, Quiz or Typeform), so we can measure how they are clicked.

bitly review by Emily Rose P.
Emily Rose P.

"Bitly is best for link shortening"

What do you like best?

Bitly was my first link-shortener-love, and I’m sad I’ve been forced to stray. The Chrome extension makes it easy not only to shorten any link, but to have it copied to the clipboard automatically, and to have it stored in your account for tracking later. The analytics are robust, and it’s easy to see which links are doing well to evaluate different channels or partners.

What do you dislike?

Amy only issue has been that it took me a while to understand the whole “this link” vs “other links” demarcation, but once I got the hang of it, I understood. They could probably make that more clear from the start—and honestly, maybe they do now. I have to use another (lame) shortened now b/c my job bought into their suite, so no more bitly for me 😔

Google Analytics can track only your own digital properties, so if you’re posting a link to, say, facebook or twitter, and you want to know whether people are ACTUALLY following the link, bitly is a great way to do that.

bitly review by User

"Essential for print media monitoring"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and simple dashboards for a quick birds-eye view of link clicks. There are really 2 steps for creating a bitlink, I couldn't ask for anything more simple. It's good for base-level monitoring, we use different bitlinks for our print media, social, etc. and track the traffic this way. Since my organization relies heavily on print media, this is essential for including web links in flyers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of more in-depth breakdown for user tracking. Lumping direct clicks in with email and SMS seems far too broad and clunky. The cost involved for having customized bitlinks is currently unattainable for my non-profit, though we are interested in making the purchase. I wish there was a way to organize sets of links into subcategories or campaigns, as the list gets long for us and needs to be cleaned out regularly instead of holding on to that data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of customizing the tail end of your links! This is indedespensible as a free tool.

We solve the problem of tracking conversions initiated by print media by using bit.ly, as this so far seems to be the simplest way for us. We communicate largely with a low technology use group and rely heavily on print communications. This is simply a quick and pretty solution to see how much online follow-up we get, and for what. We are seeing the benefits of having user-friendly links overall, resulting in more interactivity.

bitly review by Jesse T.
Jesse T.

"Bitly: A Review"

What do you like best?

I like the advanced analytics it offers. It's nice to see which social media platform is producing the most amount of clicks. It's also beneficial to see click activity overtime if you're in a timed campaign. It's been nice to customize URLs too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface is a bit wonky when using Chrome as your browser. It would also be helpful to see a detailed breakdown by location instead of by country.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As always, look at a variety of products or services offered for what you are interested in. Check and compare prices and features.

Bitly helps us determine which platforms generate the most clicks. It also gives us an indication of what events or campaigns are generating the most interest via clicks in general.

bitly review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"A good tool for creatives to create links for their work and social media."

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily create links branded to my needs and can track clicks. I use this for social media (link to my work with extension matching location source) and for new and current client emails.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything yet really. I've tried viewing online and I don't like the experience as much vs when I am on my laptop. I believe there is an app, but just haven't checked it out yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try and make your life so much easier.

I am able to branded links for my social media and when I use them for client emails and documents. Nothing better than seeing the stats of who clicked and where. No long crazy links on my social media posts either.

bitly review by User in Computer Software

"Bitly does what it's supposed to"

What do you like best?

It's very quick to make short, custom URLs (no need to wait for link-checking). You get your URL on the spot.

What do you dislike?

Many common URLs are already taken, and I'm not sure if they have a system for getting rid of old ones. There must be a lot of old bitly links that aren't used anymore, yet they are still using up URLs in the system. Also, I wish there was more choice for the first part of the URL other than bitly, since some people aren't familiar with bitly and don't know to put a period in between the bit and ly (bit.ly), so they end up going to the wrong web address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be the best/fastest way to generate semi-custom, quick URLs. Since it's so widely-used, it can sometimes appear a bit unprofessional, however, I don't know of a better alternative when you want something quick (it's formal nature is fine on social media, anyhow).

It's great when you need a quick URL and don't want to go through your IT department to get one created. Especially for one-time use URLs and promotional URLs.

bitly review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"Bitly Links - Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Bitly makes it easy to shorten links but the best part if you can customize the link to tailor to your needs. It has a simple interface that shows all your bitly links, your customization, the total clicks and where those clicks are coming from. It's easy to edit the link.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is much to dislike. It's simple to use. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to bitly amazon links to keep the amz beginning of the link. It always switches back to bit.ly.

Making our long links look user friendly and hiding our promo codes. When I was at my previous employeer, it made the links look neat and not as overwhelming or "spammy". It also helps with staying within the character limitations or within the space before copy is cut off on social platforms. I use bitly for work but also use it for personal things as well.

bitly review by Alejandro A.
Alejandro A.

"Great tool, Fantastic insights"

What do you like best?

There are many things that I really love of this tool, however, the most important ones are: shortening log URLs that you can customize (love this!) and access statistical information such as the number of clicks your link has recorded. This information you can gauge the performance over time. A bar graph view shows the amount of incoming traffic that is going to your link on any given day.

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the enterprise features also are available in the free version. Such us Branding, a deep break down of my audience and dedicated support in case we need help with something in particular. Also, Analytics are deleted after 30 days, you cannot delete a link once it’s created and you cannot change the destination URL after a short link is created. Short links are pretty well know nowadays, however, there could be some cases that users won't click the short URL because they don't see the brand name there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bitly is great if you want to make links more manageable + track and compile click data.

Shorten URLs and also quick stats and metrics from each link we share. Very good for understanding what it's going on after we share a post on each social media platform and how each audience reacts to that.

bitly review by Jenn Z.
Jenn Z.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

bit.ly makes is so easy to make short URLs. I've used it for campaign tracking and just to straight up shorten an absurdly long URL (I'm looking at you, Facebook permalinks!). It even integrates directly into some other applications, which makes it even easier to use!

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to bit.ly, of course, but honestly, I haven't really had any problems with it that I can recall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using your own short domains makes bit.ly that much better! I'm still working on implementing this myself, but it improves the branding and professionalism of your short links by leaps and bounds.

bit.ly enables me to make 'pretty' URLs, rather than having to share the ungainly URLs that are generated for campaign tracking and which are sometimes provided by sites like Facebook. I also use it with my SmarterQueue account to make it easier to tell where my site's traffic is coming from!

bitly review by Amanda K.
Amanda K.

"A good tool but not for everyone..."

What do you like best?

Super easy to use with the added benefits of analytics.

What do you dislike?

People not initiated into the technology don't recognize the type of link and may not trust the source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bitly is a nice tool if you don't have other CRM or email marketing tools (ie the use of click-though tracking) but can also be used outside of a CRM if you want to use social media, outlook or other traditional marketing platforms and keep track of who is using the link.

This is really handy when sending a link to a client or imbedding a link in a document. Hidden analytics allow me to keep track of clicks when sending links through a regular email instead of using a CRM or other email marketing software (at and additional cost).

bitly review by Sara W.
Sara W.

"Great for Tracking Clicks"

What do you like best?

I like Bitly because it allows you to share links that aren't incredibly long and can be tracked to see how many clicks they got.

What do you dislike?

1. I'm not sure what more it is capable of. 2. The reporting could be more in-depth. 3. Some things that look like they should be clickable on the site aren't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for link condensing and tracking how many clicks the link received and where the link was clicked.

Since I typically share bitly links on Facebook, it doesn't benefit me too much. Facebook tells me how many clicks a post got. The only benefit I see is condensing the length of the link.

bitly review by Zeke B.
Zeke B.

"Bitly - A BIT of extra work - but not that bad!"

What do you like best?

I like that it automatically recognizes the previous user as well as links that have (for whatever reason or another) been bit-ly-ed previously. What is great is that many people are now familiar with this as a form of shortened URL in places like Twitter and Facebook and are comfortable clicking them without thinking theyʻ are being re-directed to some virus filled site! I also like that you have options with each link to make it look a certain way!

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there is not a marketing plan for this company - while this sounds kind of strange, it ALSO seems strange to me that it just is widely accepted - good or bad, that confused me even when I first started using them as a service - this has not changed. I also do not like the way the old set up was - it made it a little confusing to go to the main website and have an actual "account" up until recently - the new site is MUCH nicer and user friendly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a super easy to use link shortener that most people are already familiar with! I do not actually know of others aside from pre-determined ones from Twitter/Google.

We manage many clients and have to have a good way of tracking our clients progress and marketing efforts. Without the links we would have to use an additional more complex analytics system - this way we are able to just see if we should follow up or if our efforts are working!

bitly review by Fernando E.
Fernando E.

"Good application to shorten URL."

What do you like best?

Although I have just used the app as a registered user, I have previously used it to shorten the post addresses made on social networks and websites.

What do you dislike?

As an Android user maybe the app in this OS needs to be more stable to avoid so many crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good way to shorten the length of web addresses, and through the registered version you have a high number of Bitlinks per month.

Through Bitly I can make shorter URLs of publications on Facebook and on the web to show information and photos of products to customers, many times via SMS.

bitly review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to customize your links"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to shorten your URLs and make them look a lot nicer relative to long URLs that you sometimes have to send to customers. It's also nice to know which links are most popular and performing well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about bitly. It's great to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the search function to look up a URL before creating a bitly link so that you don't end up with duplicates.

It helps with branding and to ensure emails and blogposts/support articles to customers look professional. Its analytics also helps me to find out which URLs are performing the best so that I know what customers are most interested in. We can then use that information to create more of the same type of content or to try and increase more awareness of content that's lagging.

bitly review by Adriano C.
Adriano C.

"SHORT AND TRACK THAT LINK"

What do you like best?

Free accounts are fully functional, and this is one of the most important thing. It's been years since I started using Bitly to short and track my links, especially in the music area which you must have short links easy to remember to create ad-hoc campaign to promote new album or single or a new music video. Daily metrics and stats provided real time are awesome!

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular at the moment. I guess the guys at Bitly knows well how to keep customers happy! They introduced tons of new features since its launch and they all are perfect!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try bitly for free and you will get in love with it. 100% Guaranteed.

In a world where people are blasted every day with thousands of marketing campaigns, and in a world dominated by the Internet and those annoying things called 'Links' is a must to have the perfect short and custom URL to promote the next big thing.

bitly review by User in Internet

"It does the job; has basic analytics baked in"

What do you like best?

Bit.ly is INCREDIBLE easy to use; like, all you do is plug in the URL and boom! A custom bit.ly link is created, which you can insert on any platform. I use it for very basic purposes and bit.ly works well for that. There are basic analytics (number of clicks, day of clicks, and referral source) but they are very, very basic. If you want to dig deeper into those analytics, you'll need to combine bit.ly with another analytics tool.

What do you dislike?

Bit.ly serves a purpose and it's to create a custom, trackable link. If you want to do anything else, you have to go elsewhere. Or upgrade to premium.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those starting out on digital analytics and just want to get a surface-level reading of the performance of content, bit.ly is the way to go. However, I recommend combining bit.ly with a product like Hootsuite to get the most bang for your buck.

Tracking performance of a piece of content.

bitly review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Very useful for recruitment purposes"

What do you like best?

I love that I can customize the shortlinks themselves. With other programs, the random sequence of letters and numbers makes it hard for non-tech-friendly people to put the link into their phone. When I have to distribute posters to faculty members who won't scan a QR code, it's important that the links says something typable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the interface. The dashboard shows the number of links I've created before they tell me the number of clicks I've gotten, which is very intuitive.

Recruitment for educational programs (need to put an application link on the posters). It's also been useful in making citations for donor information packets, info-graphics, and event RSVP links.

bitly review by Alex C.
Alex C.

"Great for quick link-shortening and basic analytics"

What do you like best?

I like how quick and easy bitly is to use, and how it's open to anyone to use. It really cleans up your posts when you're trying to share content that requires linking out to another site.

What do you dislike?

Analytics are very basic and (as far as I know) there's no way to customize your link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bookmark bitly on your browser if you're not using a software that automatically shortens links. It only takes a few seconds to shorten a link and it will make your posts/feed much cleaner.

I use bitly to shorten links for companies that I freelance for that don't pay for social media aggregator tools that automatically link shorten. Bitly cleans up their posts and provide some basic info like how many users clicked on that link.

bitly review by Aimee R.
Aimee R.

"bitly is great! "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that you can use bitly for free and that I'm able to see the dates that the link was clicked.

What do you dislike?

I would really like to see the exact locations of the clicks rather than a general area. I also wish they had a better breakdown when it comes to the referrals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great product to use to get an idea of how many clicks your site is receiving.

I find that bitly helps me understand the best platforms to use when promoting my products.

bitly review by Christian A.
Christian A.

"Fast and easy"

What do you like best?

With just registering an account to bitly you can easily create shorter versions of your website, perfect to make it easier to remember, saves a lot of money and time.

What do you dislike?

Sadly, but still understandable, to get the all the features you need to pay, so the service is only partially free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider to get the paid version of the service: it's still affordable and gives lots of ease of use.

My website il much easier to find for my customers thanks to bitly, so far it worked perfectly.

bitly review by Bobbi  M.
Bobbi M.

"Great to use in quick hit information"

What do you like best?

I help respond to users for my companies products on Twitter and this is my favorite tool to use. I can cram a tiny link into a short one and save space to communicate to the user.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The ease of use and copy button really cover the pain points of copying links down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you direct people to other websites on a regular basis, this tool is required!

Helping direct to long links with the ease of a short clean link.

bitly review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Best Link Shortening Tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ability to use as many times as possible, affordability, link clicks tracked, dashboard layout. saved links to reuse quickly, helpful tips on content marketing on the bitly blog all the time,

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Easy to use, easy to manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple. Just create an account and get started! There's no cost to start a free account and you can always upgrade to enterprise later if you need/want to.

We use bitly most often when tweeting or posting on Facebook or link in bio on Instagram. Obviously twitter is limited on characters so bitly helps there, on other social media it just looks cleaner to have bitly link instead of a super long one. Bitly basics training series really helping to optimize our posts with bitly.

bitly review by Michelangelo v.
Michelangelo v.

"A pioneer in shortlinks and linktracking"

What do you like best?

Bitly has been around for a couple of years and was from the start a business that was ready for the future. They offered shortened URL's as a service out of the box, but also started tagging and measuring these links so you could have immediate analytics from all the usages. A simple but great service, free for everyone but with so much more if you're a paying customer.

Now with their upgraded interface, you really get control over when, where and how many times your links have been used. Brilliant!

Bitly comes with a convenient mobile app and a super easy to use API to create even more power.

Oh, you can also use your own short-domain if you like so you can brand your short URL's.

What do you dislike?

Because you can brand your short URL's the most hateful thing is to find a short URL you can use that somewhat resembles your brand name. It's tough to find 2-character domain names, well honestly it's impossible nowadays. Finding a 3-character domain is tricky, but with some creativity you can still find them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try bitly for free and be amazed by what you get straight out of the box for free. Once you have tried it, you will love it, guaranteed. And if you want more information about your campaigns, upgrade to enterprize and get even more awesomeness over your campaigns.

With the rise of social media, especially Twitter with a 140 character limit the need for short URL's was very high. Bitly filled this requirement very well allowing us to create very long marketing campaigns that were reduced to short links you could use in your Twitter message and still had some room left for a message of value. And over time more of these services popped up, and even Twitter provided a similar service. But we stayed with Bitly as we not only had short URL's we could use (even in presentations and flyers), but we could also track and measure the performance of our campaigns. So even for offline print marketing purposes, Bitly provided us with the information we needed to optimize our campaigns.

bitly review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Great to use, easy and helpful"

What do you like best?

I can plug any messy link into bitly and get a nice clean link to share out.

What do you dislike?

nothing, its extremely easy to use. Even giving you the copy button so you don't have to highlight and copy yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

About as easy of process as you can make it. Copy the original link, paste, copy the shorter bitly link. Awesome tool.

When responding to users on twitter with tutorials, I send them bitly links so that I can fit the character requirement.

bitly review by Jodie O.
Jodie O.

"The Simplest, Quickest Link Shortening Service!"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to copy & paste a link subdirectories & tags, quickly, and shorten it to a few characters. You can even customize everything after the / part of the link!

What do you dislike?

I would like to see folders or catagories, to better organize. For people who work on more than one website, it can be a bit tedious to scroll through a massive link library to find the one you're looking for.

We've solved a lot of obstacles (aesthetic & approvalwise) with Facebook advertising, and sharing links on Twitter/Instagram. It's way less spammy to be able to share a link with customers that isn't "/subdirectory/category/product," especially with the added feature of customizing the shortened URL.

bitly review by Ragini G.
Ragini G.

"Clean Lines in Emails"

What do you like best?

Bitly is very easy to use and it is free.

What do you dislike?

There is not much room for customization of the shortened URLs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bitly is a low risk. low investment product to adopt. There are few reasons to not use it, one of which may be if there is an issue with spam links in your sphere of work - a user might prefer to view the actual URLs to ensure the links are safe. To mitigate this, they might consider allowing for customization of the links URLs.

Bitly allows propagation of the link that might otherwise be very long and bulky appearing to be shortened and more pleasing to the eye. It helps to shorten emails and make them look more professional.

bitly review by Mithil (Max) P.
Mithil (Max) P.

"Quick and easy to use. I love using it for all my social campaigns."

What do you like best?

It is quick and tracks perfectly well. Always reliable. Using it for 5 years, without a single crash.

I was so happy with the service that I have started using it for my email marketing campaigns too.

What do you dislike?

There need to be customization options. Some of my clients like to have branded urls, this is what is lacking in my experience with Bitly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always reliable. Using it for 5 years, without a single crash. And it's free. A great addition to your arsenal of marketing tools.

I use the service for marketing campaigns on social and email. use it to shorten my lengthy links. CTRs are always more on my Bitly links and hence I have been using it more often.

bitly review by Cassie T.
Cassie T.

"Bitly Magically Makes URLs Shorter"

What do you like best?

I love how you put in a URL and then a split second later you have a smaller URL that sends you to the same place as the longer one would have.

What do you dislike?

There should really be some cute wizardry animations when the process takes place, I think.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You will love it. Is there even another site that does this? Maybe. But why look when you can just use Bitly.

Working in content creation, bitly helped us redirect customer flow from images back to the site without bombarding them with a chunk of URL text (Instagram, Facebook). It was also useful on Twitter for sending traffic without using up a lot of characters.

bitly review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for social media and other promos "

What do you like best?

Bit.ly is easy to use and helps us quickly shorten links while storing all of them in one place. We have a rather long URL just because of our company name, so even sharing organic content can be a challenge.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish bit.ly’s UX was different - I select the search bar at the top to look for a previously created bit.ly instead of the one on the side. It also sometimes creates new bit.lys for links I’ve already created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s better to have an account with Bit.ly than use a random URL generator. Then all your links are In one place... and you could even pull metrics!

We can more easily create social media posts without ugly URLS, and this has come in handy for things like print and email communications, too. It’s easy to customize the links and make them memorable.

bitly review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Bitly is great for social media management"

What do you like best?

Bitly is great not only because it allows you to shorten your links for purpose of including it in tweets, but it also allows you to track your links and how they perform.

What do you dislike?

If anything, it would be cool to see a further breakdown for each link, such as time of day, geographic region, etc. but other than that i really don't have any specific "dislikes" for the program.

Bitly allows us to manage our social media platforms efficiently and easily, it makes tracking and organizing more effective and allows us to better forecast how we can plan and develop our social media strategy.

bitly review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Says nothing on tin; does it anyway"

What do you like best?

Hassle free.

Good metrics.

Very helpful and useful.

What do you dislike?

There are no real dislikes I can associate with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find this easier to use than Goo.gl and related tools. Great for people not wanting to get caught up in Google's chain of marketing.

I've been able to cut down on link sizes for concise marketing needs at a time when that service wasn't always possible.

bitly review by Dustin W. S.
Dustin W. S.

"Still the best URL shortener"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of using bitly with my custom short URL as well as the vast amount of 3rd party tools that integrate with bitly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like their custom short URL monthly quota, it's too low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is the industry standard for URL shortening. There are other services out there, but none with any where near as many 3rd party integrations. Their pricing sucks if you ever exceed the free version, but you can do quite a lot with the free version.

Creating branded, trackable short URLs for sharing on social media. The benefits are exactly that.

bitly review by Jean Paul R.
Jean Paul R.

"A reliable way to track clicking on links, custom events and more"

What do you like best?

First of all, you can have a fully functional account for free. Of course you can upgrade it if you pay for it, but in my personal experience I have had so far a free account for years, and have worked as well with enterprise accounts for clients. It has a real time feature that allows to see stats of links clicking. The metrics provided are really useful, you can have daily metrics and stats along time. They even have an API in several languages, so if you are a web developer you will have a lot of fun since you will be able to measure custom events.

What do you dislike?

This is one of those tools you can't just dislike. As this moment there isn't anything that I don't like. A few months ago they didn't provide a feature to customize the url so you just had to stick with their random alpha-numeric url but now you can add a nice seo and user friendly custom url, so like I said, there's nothing that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not much. Just read the instructions which are so easy to follow and you will be fine.

When you publish content on the internet, the main concern is to see if somebody is actually getting to see that content, and with bit.ly you can track all the clicks to certain link.

Not only that, you can track custom events with their api so combining this tool with tools like Google Analytics and crossing all that data allows you to generate a tremendous amount of useful information that in the end will lead you to be able to take business decisions.

bitly review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"A more advanced URL shortening service."

What do you like best?

Bitly does a good job of setting itself apart from the rest of the URL shorteners out there by focusing on analytics rather than purely the 'shortening' service. It allows the user to spread links with ease while also being able to track how many people have clicked through the link.

The shortened domain, 'bit.ly' is shorter than many other URL shorteners (for example, tinyurl) and is therefore easier to remember and less effort to type.

Very simple and aesthetically pleasing user interface.

Open API available for developers like myself to integrate with external services.

Chrome Extension, iPhone/Android and Bookmarklets available to easily access the service from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

No first-party Android or Windows Mobile application available. There are however third-party apps but for a service this mature this is disappointing to see.

If bitly ever gets shut down, all your previously shared shortened links would end up being broken.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're spreading links often and want to track them, this might be a good tool to use.

Allows me to share URL's to others with ease whilst tracking their clicks with free analytics.

bitly review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Non-Profit Organization Management
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Online Communication Manager at Make-A-Wish International"

What do you like best?

For my position, since I am constantly writing post or leading users to a site, this product works amazing. I also like that you can quickly click on it to see a review of how many people have clicked on it and also when they did.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you can't edit the link after you have created it. For example, if I create a short link for a url and I spelled something wrong or needed to change it. I can't customized it without putting a new character in the url. I know that it would break if you have send the link out but I wish you could if you made a mistake when creating it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would never go back to the way of using the full url again on marketing material or in a post for social media. It just helps makes everything look clean. It is also a great way to get fast reports on who is clicking on your link and when.

Well just marketing materials it looks so much nicer to have a short clean link than a long one. Also it helps so much when posting on Twitter.

bitly review by Amanda L.
Amanda L.

"Bitly Review"

What do you like best?

I like that bitly allows me to customize my shortened urls.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the link has to say bit.ly and you cannot customize it to the organizations abbreviation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend bitly to other for it's ease of use.

It's making it much easier for me to track clicks and see which articles are getting the most traction for our organization.

bitly review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"Bitly"

What do you like best?

I love bitly. The platform is easy to navigate and to use. Its also compatible with all of my social media platforms, while other url shortners were marked as spam.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used it more than once. I didnt have any issues.

I used bitly to drive traffic to my site when other url shortners werent allowed.

bitly review by User

"Very Useful! Been using it for YEARS!"

What do you like best?

Being able to see who clicks my links. Love seeing which platforms they come from.

What do you dislike?

When people don't click my links :). Nothing really comes to mind. It's improved over the years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! You need to know if your links are being clicked. Google Analytics is good but it's also helpful and very convenient to see it from a site like bit.ly.

Seeing where my traffic comes from. Being able to see if people are clicking at all. Helps to see how effective my social media marketing is.

bitly review by Faigie Dina G.
Faigie Dina G.

"Bitly review "

What do you like best?

The things I most love about Bitly:

1) the quick chrome extension tool enables me to action quick with minimal clicks.

2) I can customize, store and manage my links, reuse them and maximize each link's click rate. I also love the Bitly reporting and tracking ability.

What do you dislike?

Theres not much I dislike about Bitly. It's a very simple, basic and kind of must have in a marketers tool box.

I recommend Bitly to any early stage marketing team as well as for marketing teams using robust and multi-functional tools. Bitly is a great simple tool for shortening, customizing and storing your most needed hyperlinks.

bitly review by Ana-Marija Z.
Ana-Marija Z.

"Bitly link shortener"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and a free version is enough for me. I've been using it for years and I'm used t it.

What do you dislike?

New popup chat windows every time I log in.

I'm managing social media profiles for businesses and content creation and sharing is a big part of my job. I like my posts with shared links to look nicer, so shorter link is always a better option. Also, for some clients and campaigns, I like to set up custom links, which look even better and help in raising awareness.

bitly review by Tina D.
Tina D.

"Shorten links"

What do you like best?

Bitly is great. It's easy to use, it's free, and it shortens links. I monitor and post to 3 different Facebook pages for work and I like to include links in them either to a webcart to encourage them to make a purchase or to a landing page to get more info. The dashboard is great and it allows you to see how many people click on the weblink.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is that when it counts the number of clicks to a link it includes links from other posts unless you create a new link.

This shortens links so I can include them on Facebook and IG. Before the links were long and broke up the flow of the post. Now its very short and it gets people to my webpage.

bitly review by Brittany P.
Brittany P.

"Bitly Review"

What do you like best?

I liked how I could take a long link and shorten it into a more professional link. This worked great for social media posts.

What do you dislike?

Their paid plans are not shown publicly, which can be a down fall. Many people won't do business with a company that doesn't show their pricing plans because it can be seen as manipulative and sneaky.

It saves time and effort with social media posts because it makes the posts that have the new improved link look more professional.

bitly review by Nicole G.
Nicole G.

"Best for Shortening Links"

What do you like best?

Bit.ly does what it's supposed to, and I use it daily for that.

What do you dislike?

Slightly difficult to search links already made

Recommendations to others considering the product

bit.ly is great for what you need it for. The search and edit tools could improve slightly, but overall it's a great product.

Posting on twitter, posting tracking URLS without them looking like tracking urls

bitly review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"My bitly review"

What do you like best?

I like that its easy to shorten links and fast! I've not experienced any broken links since using bitly. I also quite like the metrics function of bitly... easy to see how my links are performing.

What do you dislike?

Not sure I really dislike anything at the moment.So far my experience has been pretty postive

Easy to share the work of our NGO on sites like twitter where there is a character limit. Also because people know bitly enough... they are not suspicious of the links.

bitly review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Bitly is useful and works well"

What do you like best?

I like that I can add a link to a social post without adding 3 lines of nonsense text to the post. Clean and simple, like it should be.

What do you dislike?

Truly, there is not anything I can think of that I would change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use one login for the entire duration of the time you use it.

I can track how many time my links are clicked. This really helps me narrow in on what my audience likes to see.

bitly review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Overtly easy link shortener"

What do you like best?

What's not to like? It takes your links and makes them shorter. This makes it easier for sharing on platforms where you are limited by character count, or just where you don't want a really long, ugly link showing up. It also saves your links (when you sign up for an account) so you can easily search through past links and copy them whenever you need them.

What do you dislike?

Nada. This product does exactly what it's supposed to do, perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up today, there is really nowhere you can go wrong!

Making my links more shareable. Although we don't really use this service, Bitly also tracks clicks onto the shortened links. The ease of use and speed of the product is really where this service comes in handy.

bitly review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Personal use bitly review "

What do you like best?

The ability to shorten links and send visa text message or send in an email and gauge how many people are actually clicking on the content you send

What do you dislike?

the reporting feature could be a little more robust down to time of day, geo, etc of users clicking on your links

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for personal and business uses

When you're sending a cold email you never know how many people are clicking on the content you share, the issue im solving is being able to determine which clients are actually interested in the content you are sending them.

bitly review by Raphael C.
Raphael C.

"great for links and links data not so good for efficiency"

What do you like best?

Well it is both the ease of use as with only a few clicks i get a fully tracable link that is short and when i am loggued i get the full stats for free with a QR code. They have login cookies that enables you to always be loggued in without relogging.

What do you dislike?

i would like some sort of add on like goo.gl to almost auto create a link with a simple click on the add on feature with a quick copy + paste. Also, the i think QR Code is hard to find. i would like to see it in the shorten link page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try the free version first. add your own if you can with your own domain.ext, this is really nice it is like trackable vanity URL

i now dont send any links without a bitly to see if the report has been downloaded. most of my analysis are files on Google Drive as my business has adopted drive for all backup. all files are being shared by links. i can make sure all resondents have read it. it would be nice to work with gmail to send different links for a single email and report per emil who clicked the link.

bitly review by Agency in Cosmetics
Agency in Cosmetics

"A great way to keep track of your clicking metrics"

What do you like best?

Great UX and simple to use. You can easily keep track of all your links.

What do you dislike?

you have to pay to personalize links, so it can be harder to keep track of what links are what.

Recommendations to others considering the product

one of the most popular link management software, although the URL isn't as aesthetically pleasing as others.

To keep track of competitions and how many entrants you have. This allows you to track which campaigns are successful or not.

bitly review by Megan S.
Megan S.

"Easy to set-up and navigate (Free account)"

What do you like best?

We use the free version. I love that we can track link clicks on social media as well as create custom links using their service.

What do you dislike?

I wish we were able to delete the vanity URLs we no longer use or at least update them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use the free account and have no problems with it.

We are able to see how effective our social media clicks are.

bitly review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Easy app to use"

What do you like best?

The app helps you track hits to your page link. Helps to let you know if your marketing is basically working it mot

What do you dislike?

I like this app. The only thing I woulda change is to make it easier ans more detail analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This app I should very easy to use. Definitely worth a try if you want to track hits on a link.

Easy way to see if marketing is working

bitly review by Sanket P.
Sanket P.

"Great for preliminary click analysis, plus its free!!"

What do you like best?

This is great tool for tracking stats - easy to see the overview of what's being clicked and where. Their free platform gives us pretty much everything we need to track in terms of social or email campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing at this point. It behaves a little too slow at times, and the clicks from the dashboard are often clumsy. For example I try see what geographies clicked my link and it takes me to a completely different page.

But its great with the information we are able to mine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their free platform is very powerful. We have been using this for last 5 years, but we haven't ever needed to check on their paid versions.

Analytics - how are links are being clicked and used.

bitly review by Consultant

"Easy & Convenient"

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place, easy to search, easy to view analytics.

What do you dislike?

I don't seem to be able to create multiple custom links for the same link (FB tracking, Twitter tracking, etc). I work with multiple businesses, so also wish I could categorize my short links by client (links associated with client #1, #2, etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended!

I make custom links to track where people click from.

bitly review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Bitly Review"

What do you like best?

Easy & customizable links. Helps me track campaigns, link clicks, and platforms where most traffic is driven from.

What do you dislike?

There could be more data or more accurate data linked with Google Analytics to make the site easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great tool to track clicks, data & platforms that are driving traffic. However, not the end all to analytics software so you will need to use other tools.

Easy to track links, report on traffic, see which posts & which links perform better, and use trackable links in social media ads & campaigns.

bitly review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"I love bitly"

What do you like best?

I like using Bitly for my sales and marketing collateral. I make flyers to go out to new and past members and the long weblinks are always too much.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to pay to customize your link. Maybe one free customized link for non paying customers...to have an idea of what the customization is like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the paid membership if you want to customize your link.

My links are more likely to be clicked on. Yes I can hyperlink the link but that serves no purpose if the collateral is it going out electronically .

bitly review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Bitly review"

What do you like best?

bitly Keeps our social media promotion links nice and tidy; flexible with URL schemes and parameters

What do you dislike?

Sometimes looks a little spammy as a shortlink, would be nice to have full customization of link to be more user-facing

Recommendations to others considering the product

clean, easy way to shorten your links for clean social media posts as well as performance metrics all in one place

User engagement; ease of use for our social media team

bitly review by Terran M.
Terran M.

"Bitly Keeps My Business Booming"

What do you like best?

I love how I can check the analytics of the bitly such as number of clicks and where they come from, like facebook or instagram sources

What do you dislike?

My business is only for USA & CANADA. It Would be nice for Bitly to have a feature that allows you to select or restrict users in other countries from clicking as this throws off the data

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Number of clicks and where they come from

bitly review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Great for tracking!"

What do you like best?

We can see how many people use that specific link to help track our sales. It's super helpful to know where people are seeing our products.

What do you dislike?

I wish that we could create multiple links for the same website. For instance we are selling a book and we wanted to create links for our pre-sale orders on each of our social platforms to see where our customers are using most to see our ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is great and a very helpful program when you are tracking!

It's a great tracking program and it really helps us to see where we should put our advertising and marketing efforts.

bitly review by Wes B.
Wes B.

"Bit.ly Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can customize bit.ly links and also organize them into campaigns, which you can then track for measurement.

What do you dislike?

I'm not aware that I dislike anything about bit.ly.

My department uses bit.ly to create dozens of shortened links each day, which we then categorize and track. Doing so has helped us determine which of our efforts are most effective and which ones we should abandon.

bitly review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Powerful tool for making long URLs memorable"

What do you like best?

This is a very simple fix to long or clunky URLs that are hard to remember and tough to type out.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. It is a free service and gives you analytics to test which of your links are being followed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a free and powerful tool offering analytics and the opportunity to use a unique and memorable shortened URL for convenience and tracking purposes.

Simple and fast links to, in our case, a web based application. The actual URL would be long and tough to include in electronic communication. It has been especially useful when dealing with a prospect by text.

bitly review by Andrea N.
Andrea N.

"Reliable site in shortening links."

What do you like best?

Easy to use and a must try when it comes in shortening links.

What do you dislike?

I think none so far because it really helps me in composing emails to shorten a specific link.

What service can help you to send a link when there is a minimum number of characters need in an email?

bitly review by Thue Lægdsgaard M.
Thue Lægdsgaard M.

"Great little tool but way too expensive"

What do you like best?

Its simplicity, ease of use and chrome integration.

What do you dislike?

The price is the only real downside, but for what the product does (shortens urls with vanity links) the price was way too steep. They tried to sell us on their tracking capabilities but we found that sub-par and better done in other products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only drawback for me was the high price point, which was also enough for us to end up cancelling.

Shortening urls quickly and with vanity urls.

bitly review by Shubhankar S.
Shubhankar S.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating and sharing, also the analytics without setting up a google analytics page

What do you dislike?

customized bitly links are tough to create -- maybe make them unique with user id

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy-to-use, and customized links can drive increased traffic to your website! It is also catchy, if you wanna go for word-of-mouth marketing.

A chrome extension, which performed review mining on e-commerce websies. The google store link was clumsy to market, bitly saved us!

bitly review by Jamie S.
Jamie S.

"Love Bit.Ly"

What do you like best?

I love the new design of bit.ly but the most helpful tool is the tracking of clicks. I'm able to easily see my post popular links and repost accordingly.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about bit.ly.

I am able to easily evaluate the type of content my followers are interested in based on the number of clicks my bit.ly links receive.

bitly review by Samantha H.
Samantha H.

"Bitly Review"

What do you like best?

Bitly is a very easy and convenient way to shorten links for different social media platforms.

What do you dislike?

Key words in the link are not featured in the shortened bitly link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great service that can be applied to almost all social media platforms.

Shortened links allow for a more concise post that looks good visually for social media users.

bitly review by Cindy M.
Cindy M.

"Gets the job done quick"

What do you like best?

I love that you can just go on the website and there's a text box on the home page that you can just paste your link into and it'll shorten it automatically. And if you wanted an account on bitly, it's completely free to sign up. The website's layout is clean and simple, which I love because it makes it so easy to navigate around.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing I've found to dislike about bitly, but maybe I haven't used it long enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the webinars they have on the site, they're really cool and informative even if you've never used bitly.

There's nothing attractive about long links that take up more space than your text. Not to mention, bitly makes it easier to link things on Twitter since there's a limit of 140 characters.

bitly review by Leanne H.
Leanne H.

"Simple to use"

What do you like best?

I love how easy bitly is to use. It cleans up long, messy URLs in a snap and makes it easier to place on websites and other media.

What do you dislike?

I have no problems with bitly; it does it's job very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy, user-friendly

I'm able to quickly tidy up URLs which makes it easier and simpler to link to in written documents.

bitly review by James L.
James L.

"Does its job"

What do you like best?

Bitly is easy to use. Tracking is valuable as well.

What do you dislike?

It seems like bitly could have faster functionality – that said, I haven't tried the Chrome extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For its job, Bitly works well.

Trying to make links shorter. And I want to be able to track the click-through of those links.

bitly review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Bitly is fast and easy to use. The link is created almost instantly and is easy to copy and paste.

What do you dislike?

The price for a plan is high, so we haven't gone that route.

We use it for our Twitter posts. The links are easily recognizable and most people know they are legit.

bitly review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Quick and East"

What do you like best?

The extension sits right in my browser and works consistently every time I need it. It logs the links I use so I can refer back to them as needed. A great tool, and one I use frequently.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a little better - the pop-up after every link can be annoying at times.

I use links with referral codes so being able to shorten them before I send them is great, plus it logs my codes for quick future reference.

bitly review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Excellent service to shorten and track URL links"

What do you like best?

I love how simple the service is to use. From a click of a button, you can shorten a link and track how many users have clicked on the link - great for marketing purposes

What do you dislike?

I'd love to link it to an individual - special link per person?

Understanding which email marketing strategies work and which don't

bitly review by Andy C.
Andy C.

"Great platform that somehow makes short URLs fun"

What do you like best?

The tracking stats are excellent - easy to see overview of what's being clicked and where. The Chrome extension is excellent - simple and effective. We use Bundles a lot and they are very helpful. I love the use of branded URLs and custom links - they make tracking things very easy.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a little more cusomtisability on making shortlinks (for example auto-appending Google Analytics parameters to links to our own domains). Their mobile app needs a bit of work - I want to be able to social sharing from mobile as well as desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their free platform is very powerful. Get comfortable with that first.

1. Branded shortlinks are a breeze - that helps us provide a unified link experience

2. Analytics - we know what's being clicked on, by who, and where.

bitly review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"I use it all the time!"

What do you like best?

It's free and simple to use. Just paste in a link to shorten and click a button.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. I find it's the best site for what it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's free and simple to use!

I use it every week while writing my company's newsletters. It helps me shorten links for my article for Twitter.

bitly review by Carlos O.
Carlos O.

"Tracking!"

What do you like best?

How I can keep track on every link I put out there on the internet!

What do you dislike?

Really can't think of anything I dislike about the software

With Bitly, it helps me make determine what content I put out there works and what content does not

bitly review by User

"Simple & free... efficient to do the job, but beware it is considered as spammy !"

What do you like best?

Free

Simple to suse

Customizable links

Always working

Some quick stats

API with all others products

What do you dislike?

You can change a bitly link (ex: the URL changed)

The stats are not easy to see, I would like an overview of what clicked most during X days

The bitly links are considered in email as SPAMMY :( So don't use it in your emails

Recommendations to others considering the product

The reference... it is a shame that it didn't evolve much

Short links to put on PPT, web site...

bitly review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Bitly automation decreases social media bandwidth"

What do you like best?

If your company manages more than one social media platform, then consider using Bitly to shorten necessary links in social media messages.

What do you dislike?

When placing bitly links in social media posts, the character count for the post is not parallel to the characters within the link. Links should not count towards character count.

Sometimes information must be shared within a link and cannot be communicated in a single text post. Bitly allows us to create external links which prompt users to click through to find out more information. We are increasing online engagement and search-engine optimization.

bitly review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Best Way to Track Click-Thrus"

What do you like best?

You can login to your account and track click-thrus

What do you dislike?

No easy way to create another link once you shortened another. have to click back.

Keep better track of our social media click-thrus.

bitly review by Bernardo D.
Bernardo D.

"Shortening links is just half of the job"

What do you like best?

I have used bit.ly from two sides: as a user, needing to shorten links for personal and work user; as an analyst, needing to track the clickthroughs for those links. bit.ly does all of that in a clear way, and it can be a perfect companion to any social/digital strategy if you don't have any budget but still want to see the effectiveness of your digital efforts.

What do you dislike?

No issues with bit.ly so far. Having said that, it would be nice to have an Android app for bit.ly, in the same way as I already have one on my iPhone. However, that isn't a big dealbreaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it in addition with its mobile tools, as they are just as useful as the desktop version.

Bit.ly isn't just a link shortener - it's helped us identify where our audience resides, what they're interested, how successful our links are and which ones don't perform as well. I personally applaud the link analytics that's currently available in the bit.ly platform - both on web as well as via their iOS application.

bitly review by Adam S.