bitly

bitly is the easiest and most fun way to save, share and discover links from around the web. offers an enterprise analytics platform that helps companies grow their social media traffic.

Work for bitly?

Learning about bitly?

bitly Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 148 bitly reviews
bitly review by <span>Jessica G.</span>
Jessica G.

"Great for a free resource"

What do you like best?

Bit.ly is great because it allows for simple link shortening in a very quick and intuitive way. MY company does a great deal of print communication, and our long website links simply don't work. This is also great for use in our text blasts, and ultimately makes our audience more responsive to some of our communications.

What do you dislike?

I know that there are more elegant solutions out there as far as obtaining more trackable and branded links. Bit.ly doesn't not provide this in any quick or convenient manner, and rather serves it purpose as a basic link shortener. Contacting their customer service team to inquire about rates for an enterprise account has proven to be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely go ahead and give bit.ly a shot if you are considering something to help in campaign monitoring, especially if you have yet to implement in this area. It's a great starting point.

My team has realized the benefits of using shortened links for print and social media in seeing an increase of clickthroughs. We generally work with an audience that is not comprised of digital natives, so the less there is to type in the browser bar from a flyer or print piece, the better. We can keep a birds eye views on clicks without sifting through our webpage or social analytics, which proofs to be beneficial in short-term campaign adjustments.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about bitly
bitly review by <span>Angelo O.</span>
Angelo O.

"Good service, not the best, but is the one we use"

What do you like best?

Bitly is a good service to make short link for your business. You can connect a custom domain for you short links, you can customize the name of the link and use tags inside the platform to organize your work. Also Bitly provide you a basic analytic dashboard about the performance of your links that only last 30 days if you're using the free version.

What do you dislike?

To connect your custom domain to Bitly you have to play around with DNS, and it's not so simple. ALso there is no way to purchase a custom domain directly in it. Their prices are to high (starting from 500 USD for a month). Unfortunely the free version allows you to see the stats about the links just for 30 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I higly reccomend you to use the free version, the best among the others.

With Bitly we can short our links for free, keeping them organized thanks to tags. We use to send out inoffice messages with custom links related to projects and clients, for this purpose we find Bitly really useful. We also use it sometimes for our social medias.

What Other Marketing solution do you use?

bitly review by <span>Giovanna R.</span>
Giovanna R.

"Good platform to have control over the links"

What do you like best?

Bitly is a good platform that allows you to have control over the performance and lenght of a link. I like the fact that I can see the performance with place and source of the "click" on the link. Also the customization of the shorten link is something that you can use at your advantage.

What do you dislike?

The customization of the shorten link base can appear too much difficult for who is not so expert.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software can also helps you in social media marketing, scanning the performance of your post and publications. Test it.

I use Bitly to short links to use in the banners, ADs, and website that I create. This allow me to have under control every single link, understanding which one performs better that the other and how to improve positioning and message of the ad. I really love Bitly. It have no learning curve, and can keep all you data about performances really organized.

bitly review by <span>Miky P.</span>
Miky P.

"Quick way to send out long link"

What do you like best?

I like the basic feature of Bitly: the short links. Just this it's great for me, but sometimes I use it for my social shares so I also like the stats avaible for every link. I also like the fact that I can use Bitly on my smartphone or on my pc, everything will be ever in sync.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I can't find nothing that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it please, it's one of the best and fun tool I ever used.

I use Bitly to share and store long links of articles and pages related to the projects that we are follow. When planning the shooting of a video is always a good idea to looking for storyes and inspiration on the internet. So I use Bitly to save and label intrasting link and it's also a great way to share the same links with members of my team.

Sometimes I use Bitly also for my social profiles, to see how a link performs. Great for this!

bitly review by <span>Jamie M.</span>
Jamie M.

"A great URL tracking & shortening tool"

What do you like best?

It's a great free tool for tracking your URLs and shortening them - perfect for social media updates. If you want to dig into the results and see some demographics around who's clicking on your links and how many times etc. then this is the tool for you.

What do you dislike?

The free version is somewhat limited and the paid version (Enterprise) is far too expensive for 99.9% of the companies out there. There needs to be a middle-ground product for companies that need premium features but don't have a huge budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the limitations of the free version before jumping into the tool as the lack of premium features can be frustrating, but it's far too expensive for most (I believe it's around $1,000 per month).

It enables us to track our URL clicks and understand what from which locations users are clicking. It also is a great way of shortening our URLs and integrating straight into Buffer.

bitly review by <span>Fernando D.</span>
Fernando D.

"Bitly is the perfect tool to track your customer actions"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, plus it gives you the chance to make links optimize to your taste for free. Another good thing is that creating a link only takes a few seconds once you get used to the system

What do you dislike?

sometimes it takes time to start tracking, nothing too bad, but sometimes a few minutes.

the website could be a little more friendly. I haven't seen it available as a Google Chrome extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are able to put bit.ly into your business routines you'll have a great ally on your site.

Whenever I send a presentation or dashboard to one of my customers I am able to track if they opened the file, which is very good for follow up.

Another key benefit is the fact that your whole history for the links clicked stays on their site as long as you want

Learning about bitly?

* We monitor all bitly reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.