Bitwarden

(4 reviews)

Bitwarden is a free open source password manager.

Work for Bitwarden?

Learning about Bitwarden?

Bitwarden Reviews

Showing 4 Bitwarden reviews
Bitwarden review by Ryan D.
Ryan D.

"A perfectly functional and simple password manager"

What do you like best?

I love that when you visit a specific site, BitWarden only shows your saved credentials for that site.

What do you dislike?

I think that the interface and web vault could look quite a bit better, and thus a bit more beginner friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any specific recommendations. Keep your passwords long, use 2-Factor Authentication, etc. Stay safe!

It allows me to securely store my passwords for all my sites and software. I am also able to access my stored passwords from any device, which makes it my go-to for password management.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bitwarden
Bitwarden review by Lauren K. B. M.
Lauren K. B. M.

"Great app with some kinks"

What do you like best?

This app saves all your passwords and enables you to access them. You can also use it to generate random, strong passwords and then save them. It helps you not have the same password for all sites. It also enables you to save credit card info.

You can't take a screenshot when in Bitwarden.

What do you dislike?

There seem to be some kinks. It hasn't always worked perfectly with the Google Pixel. It doesn't always automatical recognize password fields.

It reduces the amount of time needed to look up passwords and enables be to keep passwords more secure.

What Password Manager solution do you use?

Bitwarden review by User

"Does just what I need at a good price"

What do you like best?

I am able to use my password vault across all my devices and feel safe about it. I like their Firefox and Chrome extensions as well as the Yubikey support (and NFC Yubikey on Android). All of their software is open source and freely available (as should be the case for anything you'd trust for security matters).

In addition to being pleased with the software, I've also been happy with the support: When I initially signed up I had a question and submitted a support request on a Sunday morning and got a response back within an hour. Nice to see that level of responsiveness, even when I wasn't a paying customer yet.

What do you dislike?

In the webapp there are offerings for organizations and personal and business and it took me a bit to figure out what that all means.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the good work!

I needed to securely store all of my passwords and access them from any device. This software /service does exactly that. Also, since it's all OSS, I know I won't run into any trouble far into the future in the case of getting bought up or anything like that (see Lastpass/LogMeIn).

Bitwarden review by philip m.
philip m.

"Multi platform password manager and it's all free!"

What do you like best?

free, multiple platforms (Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, web access), multiple device support, strong encryption, open source

What do you dislike?

nothing to dislike - can be used on practically every modern device or computer under the sun

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, supports multiple OS and multiple devices

A free and secure solutions to store and manage passwords and notes

There are not enough reviews of Bitwarden for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

1Password Logo
1Password
4.7
(485 reviews)
1Password remembers your passwords for you — and helps you make them stronger. All your secrets are secure and always available, safe behind the one password that only you know.
LastPass Logo
LastPass
(451 reviews)
LastPass is a password manager that makes web browsing easier and more secure.
Keeper Logo
Keeper
4.7
(153 reviews)
Securely store, share and manage your passwords, logins, credit card numbers, bank accounts and private information in your encrypted digital vault.
KeePass Logo
KeePass
(114 reviews)
KeePass, the free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager.
RoboForm Logo
RoboForm
(50 reviews)
RoboForm is an application that can assist you in speeding up your Internet experience by bookmarking sites and entering previously saved passwords.
Dashlane Business Logo
Dashlane Business
(34 reviews)
Solve the password problem & secure your data with Dashlane for Business
Zoho Vault Logo
Zoho Vault
(32 reviews)
Zoho Vault is an online password management software that lets businesses securely store, share and manage passwords and other sensitive data and access them from anywhere.
Passpack Logo
Passpack
(25 reviews)
Passpack gives you the tools to organize your passwords and store them securely all in one place. If you use the internet you need Passpack. Password Management is not just for power users!
ManageEngine Password Manager Pro Logo
ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
3.6
(21 reviews)
ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is a secure vault for storing and managing shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities of enterprises.
True Key Logo
True Key
3.5
(16 reviews)

Learning about Bitwarden?

* We monitor all Bitwarden reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.