Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

BlackBerry Workspaces

3.6
(126 reviews)

BlackBerry® Workspaces (formerly known as WatchDox by BlackBerry) is a modern, highly secure file management platform that enables effortless, multi-OS synchronization and sharing. Workspaces solutions limit the risk for data loss or theft by embedding Digital Rights Management (DRM) security into each individual file, so your content remains secure and within your control, even after it is downloaded and shared outside of your organization.

Work for BlackBerry Workspaces?

Learning about BlackBerry?

BlackBerry Workspaces Reviews

Showing 130 BlackBerry reviews
BlackBerry review by Ruben A.
Ruben A.

"Advantage of BlackBerry Workspaces"

What do you like best?

Excellent, efficient and very timely team and business software, leader in synchronization and secure file exchange for companies.

What do you dislike?

A disadvantage of these cloud management environments, is in terms of Internet-based pay-per-use service, no connection, no service, no monthly fee, neither are two important details to assess if it is of interest to the company in the long term, or better opt for a local and permanent system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is excellent, efficient and very timely software and service if you want, secure file exchange to boost productivity at any time and place.

This software facilitates the exchange, synchronization and storage of files reliably and securely, for any budget and use case, if you want to improve the individual productivity of your employees such as promoting teamwork, or mobilize and transform your business , BlackBerry Workspaces is the best option to promote secure file collaboration.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BlackBerry Workspaces
BlackBerry review by Nivida S.
Nivida S.

"Take your data where ever you are!!"

What do you like best?

BlackBerry Workspaces offers organizations a secure way to access, share and control their documents wherever their executives go and on any device, whether tablets, smartphones or PCs, even on devices that are outside the control of the Technology Department. information, between operating systems effortlessly.

BlackBerry Workspaces gives you tools to work safely and synchronize all your files from your own workspaces on any device.

Allows you full business mobility

What do you dislike?

The main disadvantage of Blackberry Workspaces is the insecurity related to internet connections, since their transport is the cloud. This limitation carries the risk that any hacker can access your data, even though this app guarantees the security and protection of the information. A broadband connection is required in order to perform the tasks with complete comfort

Recommendations to others considering the product

Undoubtedly Blackberry Workspaces is highly recommended as a solution for the inconveniences of communications and transmissions of your company's information are solved with Blackberry Workspaces. With this app you can send, receive, modify, grant access, revoke them, hold meetings remotely, in short, you can control your company and take it wherever you go

This tool solves the problem of transfer of information (papers) as they can take your personal desktop to any PC, tablet, smartphone, since it works with a simple browser; allows you to control updates through the web, controls the ability to perform operations such as access, viewing, editing, copying, printing, downloading and forwarding and tracks, revokes, eliminates or expires access to a file in any moment.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

BlackBerry review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Financial Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Financial Services

"Risk Analyst "

What do you like best?

It is highly secured management platform, great for sharing content and being able to collaborate on work projects by having the ability to be accessible on any device. We use this platform at my current job when we need to work from home or even check work emails from home which is nice and convenient. However, when downloading on phone, your phone must be up to date on the latest software version.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to enter my password every time, I wish I could just automatically be signed in but I do understand this is for security reasons. Although, it would save time and just be a convenience. This depends mainly on how frequent it is being used by the user, as this many vary person to person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Installation takes a long process, making this process less timely would be a great. Also being able to sign in thru other methods like using your thumb, a similar way in which Apple does would be nice.

Able to use this platform any time of the day, which makes it very accessible to anyone, despite where you are located. Allows flexibility of our workforce and the ability to have information at our fingertips without worrying about security issues.

"Product with Reliability"

What do you like best?

The ease of use while having the peace of mind of security.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes may be slow to react when trying to use it outside of an actual BlackBerry phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what the system can and what it can't do and make sure that it will meet the business needs that you are after. Remember every product has its upsides and downsides, and you should be very well educated on the product of BlackBerry Workspaces before making a final decision in order to maximize the satisfaction you have with it.

Maintaining communication between team members while also knowing that the information being shared is secure and free from being shared with unwanted people. The biggest benefit to BlackBerry Workspaces that I have seen is that it allows for all employees to easily sign up without any hassles, making its adoption very pleasant and desirable.

BlackBerry review by User

"Collatoration made soo Easy!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can share all my files in one central location. Great for working in team environments and co-workers where you share and store lots of documents.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning it was hard to navigate the software. However, customer service was a great help and they walked me through the entire process and showed me a few things I did not know the software had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product if you work in a team environment where you share and store a lot of work documents. This software is a great addition to any office. Makes my work a lot easier.

This software has helped me store all my work products in one central location. I can now work more effectively with my team and share products with coworkers without the hassle.

BlackBerry review by User in Financial Services

"Good, needs more connectivity"

What do you like best?

It is very simple and easy to use. The platform looks similar to what my IOS already runs on. The main thing I would like to see is an ability to sync across calendars. I like that it has my work schedule, however if I am using my calendar on my apple, I want to be able to see both simultaneously

What do you dislike?

Apart from this, the activation key I believe should be readily available similar to forgetting a password. Although this may be a company issue not a BB issue.

Connecting my laptop to my phone, we are currently in a transition to more of an online servicing. However, we are still behind with cross-platform connectivity. My computer is Microsoft based and uses most applications for this. My phone is IOS, the more symmetry between the two the better.

BlackBerry review by Lauren B.
Lauren B.

"Blackberry workspaces"

What do you like best?

Easy to share files, helps facilitate team collaboration, everything is very secure and safe. I do not have a problem using this application.

What do you dislike?

Not everyone in my office was an active user, need to get the entire team utilizing the system to get the most out of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Having all documents in one central place, easy to share and collaborate

BlackBerry review by Kelli H.
Kelli H.

"Great for privacy "

What do you like best?

The security authentication gives us the ability to keep people plugged in while away from their computers without worrying about someone who is not authorized accessing sensitive information.

What do you dislike?

That the security features don't allow me to have my calendars synced on my phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

If security is a top concern this is a great alternative to allowing people to use their regular email settings on their smart phones. You are required to have an access key and it allows the company to control who has access to what.

BlackBerry review by Mariah N.
Mariah N.

"Blackberry Work"

What do you like best?

I have Blackberry Work (part of Workspace) installed on my phone. I use it daily and it makes it a lot easier to answer emails on the go without needing wifi or having to login to my laptop. It also is great to receive meeting reminders.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we don't have the ability to view Proposed Time emails for events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Installation takes a long time.

Communication and Productivity

BlackBerry review by Carrie C.
Carrie C.

"Great protection for your files"

What do you like best?

Great choice for protected file sharing and file transfers. Would not want to use anything else with my Blackberry.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I can feel safe while sending and receiving files no matter how confidential.

You can upload files to workspaces and folders. You can create and edit annotations on your files, share your annotations with others, and view annotations on files shared with you. You can send a copy of your workspace files and received files, and forward sent items to other users

BlackBerry review by ASHWINI P.
ASHWINI P.

"Most Apt for the people who are familiar with Blackberry Ecosystem "

What do you like best?

It is a one stop solution for corporates looking for the business connectivity. Most appealing feature is its message thread management. Integration with Blackberry assistant and calling makes is like the cherry on cake.

What do you dislike?

Added functionalities are only available if you have the blackberry device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If they get some features from Flock and slack, it can be even better. Also, it is not compatible with androids.

A secure communication for an entire team without any data losses.

"File share with ease!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can do everything you need to do with sharing your files in a safe way with a couple clicks. I know that it is secure and every can collaborate as they need with no problem because everyone can share the files.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it will only let you share so many files if they are really large but it is very rare. The user friendly aspect of it is awesome so there isn't much else that I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. That is all I can say

I benefit very well because it saves a lot of time and hassle that I dont have to deal with because it is so easy to share files and collab with my employees.

BlackBerry review by Padam J.
Padam J.

"Your document tracker on hire"

What do you like best?

Everything can be tracked about the content shared using Watchdox. One feels always safe and in driving seat while sharing files using Watchdox. Moreover the documents stored in Watchdox can be accessed from anywhere by the employees which enables them to be productive on the go as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. The only improvement I can suggest is to improve on the capabilities of their document editor. The document editor is far from being compared to MS Office and more functionalities are required.

The problem of ensuring that the critical documents are safe like SOPs and bidding documents has been solved with satisfaction after the deployment of Watchdox. Another advantage is that employees get more freedom to share stuff with partners and vendors without the worry of that information being misused.

BlackBerry review by Douglas M.
Douglas M.

"BlackBerry Workspaces"

What do you like best?

I enjoy checking, monitoring, and responding to emails on my BlackBerry because it is most similar to a computer. It does not feel as if you are on a mobile platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of innovation in BlackBerry products over the past few years. Platform is dated and is deserving of an update.

BlackBerry workspaces is ideal for those who have email intensive occupations and require fast and timely responses without the worry of technical error.

BlackBerry review by Vara Prasad C.
Vara Prasad C.

"The balackberry workspace easily access from any device"

What do you like best?

The black berry work space used to access from any device easily and checking the mails,meetings information effectively and will get contact details as well.

What do you dislike?

some times getting synchronization issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes but depend on security reasons by company

read the mails and sending the mail from mobile devices with this app

BlackBerry review by Amber S.
Amber S.

"Blackberry for Work"

What do you like best?

I like being able to access emails (including attachments and in-text images/screenshots) on the go. I also really like being able to access intranet pages and other company sites from my phone. It makes it very easy when traveling to stay in touch and keep everything organized.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to enter my password every time, I wish I could just sign in with my fingerprint or a passcode.

I'm able to stay in touch with my team when I'm not by my laptop, which is very helpful.

BlackBerry review by Steve E.
Steve E.

"WatchDox secure document delivery"

What do you like best?

We have looked at a number of secure online document delivery systems and all fall short of our needs, with the exception of WatchDox. We are able to feel confident that documents delivered via WatchDox will only be accessible by their intended recipients. Additionally, with their API we are able to integrate WatchDox as a service with our customer facing software, enhancing our offerings with secure document delivery, yet maintaining our look and feel to the end user.

What do you dislike?

Annotation of PDF's, which is very feature rich and robust on IOS devices is not available in Windows.

For international training customers, they are able to integrate their courses with our secure document delivery via WatchDox obviating the need for printed course material and associated shipping issues. Courses can be scheduled and made available to students instantaneously - no need to print training material ahead of the scheduled courses. Training material is only available to the intended recipients, eliminating the possibility of pirating training material for the purpose of offering bootleg courses.

BlackBerry review by Finley N.
Finley N.

"Not Very Good"

What do you like best?

It is a reliable software that is founded and backed by a company that has withstood innovation for years. That's about all the I can say.

What do you dislike?

Everything. The software is dated and there are many tedious intricacies that make productivity suffer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes suer that you fully review the software and are willing to dedicate time to training.

We were solving company cloud intranet and file services.

BlackBerry review by Bailey S.
Bailey S.

"Ease of using blackberry "

What do you like best?

I personally have always enjoyed using blackberry, i have been a firm supporter of them for years. i think the system works very well especially if you are emailing constantly and opening up files

What do you dislike?

sometimes the system can freeze and is very slow at starting back up and that can be very annoying when you are in a rush

efficiency and how easy it is to use

BlackBerry review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Slow program"

What do you like best?

you can easily add this app to your smartphone

What do you dislike?

It is slow, it doesn’t sink with the phone calendar, it times out and I constantly have to enter my password

Recommendations to others considering the product

the product is OK. I would recommend what my former company had, which was a separate account for accessing work email on your smart phone But if there isn’t that option this will do.

This is not great compared to what I used to have

BlackBerry review by Consultant

"Blackberry work email on cellphone"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how secure the email is--and that I can use my fingerprint to unlock the app.

What do you dislike?

It seems excessive that I need to get 2 apps in order to check my email on one.

It allows me to stay connected with work while I'm away from the office or traveling for work without requiring me to travel with my laptop.

BlackBerry review by Dakota M.
Dakota M.

"BlackBerry Work keeps me connected"

What do you like best?

BlackBerry work helps me get all my work emails on my phone while remaining secure.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is very slow to connect to the email server and show my new emails.

Teleworking made much easier.

BlackBerry review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Great tech support"

What do you like best?

That data is kept "inside the vault" has ensured confidence that our docs are protected. Also, the ability for users to view docs from many devices allows for ease of use. Users love the product and, once trained, confidently navigate through it.

What do you dislike?

Licensed user criteria needs to be changed stop counting users who have not used the system ever or have not used the system in an adjustable or customizable period of time according to a company's specific needs.

Improved business process agility, business process outcomes, compliance and risk management, customer relations / service and reduced time to market.

"Way better than Good"

What do you like best?

I like that you can access everything you need real time, and the interface is way nicer than Good.

What do you dislike?

This is particular to the vendor, when I was at CS, I feel like they made the best use of the app to its full capacity, JPM doesn't let me receive emails in real time and lots of functions are disabled.

I have access to email as I need it any time I need it.

BlackBerry review by User

"Incredibly fast and reliable services delivered"

What do you like best?

This whole software is a bundle of diversified management tools which saves a lot of time and helps our team to increase their productivity levels and secure management of our critical information.

What do you dislike?

Overall it's a pretty good platform to organise and control your data however there is some scope of improvement in interface as making it more user friendly would lead the company in good direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

We at our workplace are now efficiently managing our information and resources and becoming more organised in terms of alsaving and interpreting of our data.

BlackBerry review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Incredibly fast and very reliable softwate"

What do you like best?

This platform has increased our efficiency by planning and organising our information in a very commendable manner and we can handle our data more securely Now.

What do you dislike?

It gives a reliable passage to handle and interpret our data however the interface can be made more user friendly by applying a few management techniques intge software itself else it is a very good product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

We are solving numerous issues bytgis software as it helps us in saving our time and also secures our information in a very reliable and secure path.

BlackBerry review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Black berry work app easy to access from any where"

What do you like best?

Black berry work app easy to access from any where In phone or tab.

We can check mettings in calendar and can we the contacts

What do you dislike?

We required internet access to access this app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes and already for new comers in company am recommended

We can check mail from home or any where not required to login company laptop and calendar access to check meetings

BlackBerry review by Executive Sponsor in Financial Services
Executive Sponsor in Financial Services

"Review of BB Workspace"

What do you like best?

The cryptology at 12K is the only positive about this product

What do you dislike?

The Outlook plug in often fails, the application often fails. Setup for outside users is impossible

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do NOT use this product... it was great before blackberry bought it - now it only works 5% of the time. Support is a nightmare. They need to either step up or take this product OFF the Market

Sending PII information securely to clients and others.

BlackBerry review by Grant L.
Grant L.

"BlackBerry Work"

What do you like best?

Allows for flexibility for work which I enjoy

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be more aesthetically pleasing

Mostly for email and communication

BlackBerry review by Administrator in Semiconductors
Administrator in Semiconductors

"Has key features but very slow..."

What do you like best?

Watermark, has levels of access, no limit to the file size, admin can know whoever access the file

What do you dislike?

super slow when browsing, not user friendly,

when you need to log it, the system will send you a code. but it can take forever

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe

Customer portal to release confidential docs. Watermark and manage the access.

BlackBerry review by Ivor v.
Ivor v.

"Secure Access to Cloud Storage"

What do you like best?

Security features result in safe storage of sensitive documents. Ease of use across multiple geographies and while traveling.

What do you dislike?

Could use a quicker upload function and a general improvement on the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider WatchDox for the additional security compared to other cloud storage/document sharing technology.

Solving access to shared documents across numerous geographies. Benefits of having presentation on individual phones/tablets during the same meeting.

BlackBerry review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Blackberry"

What do you like best?

I used to have blackberry few model specially Q10. It has very feature like other Samsung, Apple use to have. I enjoyed having it but since Blackberry stop manufacturing I quit because Sprint does not support any more.

What do you dislike?

At that time it has web application, email options and more friendlier than others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used to suggest and prefer to use Blackberry but is not in ma market any more.

Blackberry used to call business phone, since Samsung, Apple were not have those functionality.

BlackBerry review by Marcel L.
Marcel L.

"Wporks great, allows a good communication"

What do you like best?

Very conviennent and easy to use. Fast and secure way of communication with your co workers.

What do you dislike?

There was not much that I didnt like from my use of the device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product, not much compaint with my co-workers and myself.

effective communication, and secure and fast way to communicate.

BlackBerry review by Lynnette C.
Lynnette C.

"EASY"

What do you like best?

I love this product its so easy to us..i love blackberry services i wished i tied more

What do you dislike?

it can be so sloe at times but i still like it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you might like it

slow connections at time makes people mad

BlackBerry review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"It made a lasting impression "

What do you like best?

What I like best was managing and accessing my own files without the typical admin request. Even with late submission or errors, people can make edits.

What do you dislike?

There are not enough ways to adjust some setting that would make the platform more personalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always recommend having a good broad band connection so that files can upload and download smoothly without corruption.

We are able to create more collaborative work among different types of teams to have one complete product at the end.

BlackBerry review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"So many bugs to be refined"

What do you like best?

Cloud storage, making files accessible to users on the go

What do you dislike?

Not be sound over the top, but everything. Documentation is incomplete. Setup is confusing. Professional Services aren't well trained, making setup a real PITA. Requirements are never clearly defined. Blackberry has much polishing to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait. There are better solutions available at this time. I really hope BB pulls their act together on this product. The vision has potential, but the product and the staff fall short.

Securing files, securing files sharing, and cloud storage. Has cost thousands in man hours. Wait on this product until [if] it gets refined.

BlackBerry review by Katerina L.
Katerina L.

"Black berry "

What do you like best?

It’s easy to use for everyday usage and you’re able to conect with any one anywhere anytime

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike very aceesable and easy to figure out for anyone. Just have to have a black berry to use

Organize

BlackBerry review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"Not quite there yet"

What do you like best?

I like how coloaborative the spaces are. I also like the many apps that are loaded on this platform. Solid, but could be better.

What do you dislike?

There isnt alot of compatibility with other devices. There isnt really a big basis for this.

We noticed that we have the platform, but thats about it.

BlackBerry review by Redwan H.
Redwan H.

"Blackberrey Worksspace"

What do you like best?

Very underrated file sharing and management application but extremely productive and a good choice if security and privacy are important to you.

What do you dislike?

it should be open to regular users not just enterprise users

Recommendations to others considering the product

very secured and a underrated system

sharing important work files securely within the company

BlackBerry review by Katherine H.
Katherine H.

"Great way to access, share and control critical documents "

What do you like best?

I handle and work with a lot of critical confidential documents and this is a fantastic way to share documents and feel like they are secure and confidential.

What do you dislike?

I dislike sharing confidential files online, but this programs is secure.

Solving sharing confidential critical documents in a secure manner.

BlackBerry review by Julie M.
Julie M.

"Remote email access"

What do you like best?

The view is clean and organized. Very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Slow to load new emails. Doesn't automatically update unless I open the app, so if I do t open for a day, it'll need to load everything once I open

Unable to be at the office. Remote email access. Remote calendar access.

BlackBerry review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great for work synchronization "

What do you like best?

It keeps all my work related procedures and apps in one place

What do you dislike?

My personal phone numbers wouldn’t transfer out of the app

Keeping emails separate (work versus personal), being able to access work homepage (previously not possible).

BlackBerry review by Virinchi K.
Virinchi K.

"Safe secure and fast"

What do you like best?

Security at its best and the ease of access and use

What do you dislike?

Price is a lot , need more small business friendly prices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Come up with a small business friendly packages

Data storage and sharing

BlackBerry review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

When I use blackberry on my phone itabjust as if I was at my desktop. Love that it looks exactly the same.

What do you dislike?

I think the only thing I dislike is that you have to delete from your phone even though I deleted on the computer already.

That I can communicate with my office and co workers even when I’m mobile and I never have any issues.

BlackBerry review by Ashley Renee J.
Ashley Renee J.

"Easy Platform"

What do you like best?

I like the security and the file opening and sharing features the best. Very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

BB is not very compatible with Apple or applications. Plus, models not attractive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Help blackberry continue its services

Sharing files and sending data documents quickly.

"Good, not perfect"

What do you like best?

Very good for checking email and scheduling quick meetings. Does not have the same availability to check peoples schedules that would be necessary on the go.

What do you dislike?

Can't view calendars, and the Connect app is sometimes very buggy and slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

Companies are building their won versions of these products and vertical integrated their tech. They want autonomy that is not capable.

Finding a solution for the calendar viewing and straddling the UI.

BlackBerry review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"safe but cumbersome"

What do you like best?

Clearly all the data is secured on my devices and does an excellent job at segregating all work space files and applications from all other files and applications

What do you dislike?

The signing in process can be cumbersome and inconsistent at times (for example, finger print authentication on some devices works intermittently).

The workspace is used to keep all files secure on devices and by extension to maintain the internal network safe from all intrusive and potentially harmful files.

BlackBerry review by Consultant in Computer Networking
Consultant in Computer Networking

"Simple, secure and Powerful"

What do you like best?

Simple UI that can be easily understand by a non-technical user.

What do you dislike?

The deployment is confusing. Documentation does not have the full process and requires direct WatchDox for PS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you have sufficient VMware infrastructure to implement the solution. Costs per user is expensive for small enterprises and starts with a minimum of 100 users.

Currently only supports editing and modifying of Microsoft Office documents. Other document suites not supported.

Can only work on Microsoft OS and OSX. Linux is unsupported.

I was working as a WatchDox distributor not an end user for Edvance Technologies (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.

BlackBerry review by Consultant in Consumer Electronics
Consultant in Consumer Electronics

"Technical Support team is Great"

What do you like best?

Leader in secure file exchange and sync

What do you dislike?

Internet Based pay per use no service ,no connection, no monthly fee.better opt for local and permanent system

Software facilitates the exchange Synchronization and storage of files reliably and securely for any budget and use case .If want to improve productivity of our employees such as promoting team work and transform your buisness

Blackberry Workspace is best for secure file collaboration

"Best for wfh"

What do you like best?

Being able to access email without carrying additional phone

What do you dislike?

No screenshot capabilities of none secure information

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can not access all folders

Allows me to access emails and respond immediately. Improve productivity and client satisfaction

Learning about BlackBerry Workspaces?

* We monitor all BlackBerry Workspaces reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.