Blackboard Learn

Your sales, service and partner teams can easily receive just-in-time training; improving skills, competency and product knowledge.

Work for Blackboard Learn?
Thoughtindustries logo  2x

Learning about Blackboard?

Blackboard Learn Reviews

Showing 527 Blackboard reviews
Blackboard review by <span>Megan F.</span>
Megan F.

Needs Some Updates

What do you like best?

Blackboard has a lot of options for managing classes, organizations, training, etc. I think overall it has a lot to offer. For our students, it provides a lot of options to manage their classwork, set appointments with staff members, and see other organizations and class activities. Students can add their activities and student organizations in, to make it easier to send emails and create events. Staff can also use it to work through self-paced trainings and to find trainings to take.

What do you dislike?

It really has an outdated function and visual look. I used Blackboard in college almost 10 years ago and I feel as though it hasn't changed at all in it's appearance since then! I am not sure if that's because of the settings our college has it set on, but overall it just looks very out-dated. I think if Blackboard updated their look, such as better color schemes, more friendly links, etc., they'd be much more competitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Blackboard offers the ability to sync with other programs and widgets, such as Starfish. For our students, they not only can use Blackboard to manage classes, but they can also use it to make appointments with advisors and other individuals within the college.

I think it gives us a lot of options to offer our students, faculty, and staff. For faculty, it's easy to organize classes, manage grades, discussion boards, and tests. For staff, you can offer different trainings and manage organizations. For students, it provides "one stop shopping".

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Blackboard Learn
Blackboard review by <span>Thomas C.</span>
Thomas C.

It works. That's about it

What do you like best?

I like that blackboard has seemingly limitless features.

For a professor who is willing to put the hours into training and course building, it can be an amazing tool.

I would write more, but there's nothing more to write.

What do you dislike?

Blackboard has so many features that new users would never figure out on their own. It is not especially user-friendly, and it is entirely horrid on mobile devices.

Blackboard can be, to a lazy professor, a great tool, because it is nearly impossible for them to build a really decent course without specific personal training.

Blackboard does not coordinate well across different devices, and is difficult for students to use unless they have the exact materials.

I wish Blackboard were easier to integrate into other popular learning platforms, such as Pearson MyLabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I would consider something else. Blackboard has a lot of work to do in order to catch up to 2018.

I would recommend, to all adopters, to have a very strong training program so that all users are aware of all features. Without this training, it would be nearly impossible to get your money's worth out of this platform. It is completely necessary to have good trainings in order to use BlackBoard's biggest strengths.

I use blackboard to build online courses and organize group work across our campus(es). I enjoy that it has a lot of features, though it is not especially easy to find all the features for a new used.

What Learning Management System (LMS) solution do you use?

Blackboard review by <span>Abigail W.</span>
Abigail W.

Could be better

What do you like best?

I think blackboard has a lot of available assets like calendars, announcements, grades, quizzes, message board, etc. I did like having all my grades in one place. Taking quizzes within blackboard was always easy and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I think the organization of tools could have been done better. And because different professors use it differently, this made it less of a useful system. Another issue was you did not always see notifications unless you logged in. If I didn't have a reason to log in to Blackboard one day and something was posted without my knowledge, such as an assignment, I would not have known it was there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you choose to use Blackboard, try to have a consistent level of use across teacher, at least as much as possible.

Blackboard Learn was used to keep most aspects of classes in one place in an effort to keep things organized and easy to use.

Blackboard review by <span>Chantal M.</span>
Chantal M.

Convenient Tool for Managing Classroom & Other Student Activities

What do you like best?

Blackboard is pretty user-friendly. Our IT department uploads students to classes, so from the user perspective, it's simple to use. You can add test and exams for students to complete via multiple choice, and the system automatically grades them for you. They also have a great platform discussion board threads.

What do you dislike?

While our IT department does upload student users to classrooms, it can be hard to navigate when a student is not listed because they signed up for a course too late. I also wish there was an option for video chatting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using Blackboard if there is technical support at your institution or company that can support technical issues. Blackboard is great, but a part of my experience is due to the fact that I don't have to troubleshoot technical issues myself.

It helps manage students that are enrolled in online training programs or classes (online or in-person). It also helps with grading and seeing who has completed training requirements.

Blackboard review by <span>Mounika C.</span>
Mounika C.

Collaboration between Teachers and Students.

What do you like best?

Blackboard beats the competition - hands down. I've used this software for over 3 years as a student as well as teaching assistant.

They constantly improve the software. It's very fluid. Grading is a breeze.

The interface is decently easy to use but you can miss some updates if you don't check it very often

.Likewise, it keeps my students in touch with me - and each other.

There are so many options for creating assignments, allowing students to view content, or interact with each other.

I love using Blackboard Learn.

The menus are clean and simple

Easy to navigate the menus, different screens and options

Saves time and energy than going to an actual classroom

love the ability to reach all of students or any subgroup in multiple ways.

For example, personalized announcement, group emails, meeting and grading in realtime, scheduling office hours, and getting notifications are just a few of the native services, and each can be customized.

I believe that blackboard is a good system, but it could use some improvement.

What do you dislike?

It is only as good as the instructor who sets it up.

blackboard is easy to use, but if the instructor is not computer savvy (or lazy) then you can have a difficult time using the software.

Maybe blackboard is harder to set up as an instructor than it is to use as a student

Recommendations to others considering the product

Blackboard's ease of use has made Blackboard an everlasting tool at our school.

It's a great product! Finding all my grades were easily accessible.

Blackboard review by <span>Taylor S.</span>
Taylor S.

Great software with complex capabilities.

What do you like best?

Blackboard is very easy to use for multiple functions. I am able to upload documents, sort them, customize the look and feel of my coursepage, add links, and update grades all in one place. I am also able to message students right in the platform. It's a very integrated platform that's easy to use and allows me to do multiple things in one, convenient place.

What do you dislike?

Blackboard's design is a bit outdated. The platform itself could look a little more modern. Also, I have experienced some technical glitches in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this software. I have previously used other platforms such as Angel and this is by far the best.

Blackboard allows me to perform my job as a teacher with ease. It allows me to keep all of my course documents, assignments, grades, and everything else that I need in one place. It's also extremely customizable, so I can alter it to fit my needs.

Learning about Blackboard Learn?

* We monitor all Blackboard Learn reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.