Blackboard Learn

Your sales, service and partner teams can easily receive just-in-time training; improving skills, competency and product knowledge.

Work for Blackboard Learn?
Latitudelearning  learning management system  2x

Learning about Blackboard?

Blackboard Learn Reviews

Blackboard review by User

A personal daily planner

What do you like best?

The interface makes it easy for students and teachers to interact as much or as little as they'd like online. Often when using online educational tools, we lose a lot of our conversations from the lack of personification but blackboard makes it easy for students and teachers to customize and give voice to their writing.

What do you dislike?

The Blackboard interface seems a little outdated, thus making it hard for teachers to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend taking a workshop in all that blackboard has to offer. While its full potential can be difficult to see, the benefits are astounding once fully known.

Teaching effective online courses can be a challenge with students having unlimited access to information. However, blackboard makes the experience extremely interactive so we know students are actually engaged in the content and not just breezing through.

Showing 496 Blackboard reviews
Blackboard review by <span>Chantal M.</span>
Chantal M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Blackboard is pretty user-friendly. Our IT department uploads students to classes, so from the user perspective, it's simple to use. You can add test and exams for students to complete via multiple choice, and the system automatically grades them for you. They also have a great platform discussion board threads.

What do you dislike?

While our IT department does upload student users to classrooms, it can be hard to navigate when a student is not listed because they signed up for a course too late. I also wish there was an option for video chatting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using Blackboard if there is technical support at your institution or company that can support technical issues. Blackboard is great, but a part of my experience is due to the fact that I don't have to troubleshoot technical issues myself.

It helps manage students that are enrolled in online training programs or classes (online or in-person). It also helps with grading and seeing who has completed training requirements.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Blackboard Learn
Blackboard review by <span>Mounika C.</span>
Mounika C.
What do you like best?

Blackboard beats the competition - hands down. I've used this software for over 3 years as a student as well as teaching assistant.

They constantly improve the software. It's very fluid. Grading is a breeze.

The interface is decently easy to use but you can miss some updates if you don't check it very often

.Likewise, it keeps my students in touch with me - and each other.

There are so many options for creating assignments, allowing students to view content, or interact with each other.

I love using Blackboard Learn.

The menus are clean and simple

Easy to navigate the menus, different screens and options

Saves time and energy than going to an actual classroom

love the ability to reach all of students or any subgroup in multiple ways.

For example, personalized announcement, group emails, meeting and grading in realtime, scheduling office hours, and getting notifications are just a few of the native services, and each can be customized.

I believe that blackboard is a good system, but it could use some improvement.

What do you dislike?

It is only as good as the instructor who sets it up.

blackboard is easy to use, but if the instructor is not computer savvy (or lazy) then you can have a difficult time using the software.

Maybe blackboard is harder to set up as an instructor than it is to use as a student

Recommendations to others considering the product

Blackboard's ease of use has made Blackboard an everlasting tool at our school.

It's a great product! Finding all my grades were easily accessible.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Learning Management System (LMS) solution do you use?

Blackboard review by <span>Taylor S.</span>
Taylor S.

Great software with complex capabilities.

What do you like best?

Blackboard is very easy to use for multiple functions. I am able to upload documents, sort them, customize the look and feel of my coursepage, add links, and update grades all in one place. I am also able to message students right in the platform. It's a very integrated platform that's easy to use and allows me to do multiple things in one, convenient place.

What do you dislike?

Blackboard's design is a bit outdated. The platform itself could look a little more modern. Also, I have experienced some technical glitches in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this software. I have previously used other platforms such as Angel and this is by far the best.

Blackboard allows me to perform my job as a teacher with ease. It allows me to keep all of my course documents, assignments, grades, and everything else that I need in one place. It's also extremely customizable, so I can alter it to fit my needs.

Blackboard review by <span>Timothy S.</span>
Timothy S.

The best educational tool for your students

What do you like best?

Blackboard is user-friendly. Very flexible to post student material, announcements and even do exams online. You can easily assign different permission levels to faculty and students.

Weights can be added to exams and assignments, thus adding up to the full course grade.

Easy to navigate and compatible with any browser.

The application can easily be configured to connect to the LDAP. And it is mobile friendly!!

What do you dislike?

It is hard to mention weaknesses in the functionality of the application. I would suggest a more colorful interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it is worth trying. i recommend educational institutions to contact blackboard and ask for a demo, as well as possible offers.

Blackboard eases the collaboration between student and teacher. Students can attend classes through BB collaborate tool. They can post their assignments and exams, add notes, do exams and get all these graded.

The answer key can be added to the BB exam for immediate correction and display of the grade after it is submitted.

Blackboard review by <span>Joy P.</span>
Joy P.
Validated Review

Great place for course integration

Validated Review
What do you like best?

What I love the most about blackboard is that it is so easy to put all your course content in one place. It is very easy to access as well. I love that it can tell you your grades, due dates of assignments and send reminds for assignments at a time as well. I can also easily manage my work-related documents and training on blackboard just by clicking on the organizations that I am a part of. I love you that you send mass email and make announcements for everyone to see it as well.

Overall, it is a great place to have all your course content in.

What do you dislike?

Blackboard does not work well on phones or on the app. I have had issues with submitting .zip files for my assignments as well, and it does not really incorporate videos properly.

It does not really have any exceptional features but it is a good place to have everything together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend you to check your blackboard often.

I use it to contact my students as their tutor, and I also use this for accessing my own courses. I go back to it frequently to keep a track of all my academic records and it is very helpful.

Blackboard review by <span>Josh E.</span>
Josh E.

Blackboard Review

What do you like best?

There are only a few features that I like about blackboard to be honest. It is good for classroom management, it gives you reminders for your upcoming assignments, and it is easy to create announcements on blackboard for your students. It is also quite popular ad the centralized education management system for the university, so everybody uses it.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of things that I dislike about blackboard. To start with, it is filled with bugs! It does not work on my phone and a lot of my students have complained about that as well. The text boxes don't expand when you type which makes it hard to see what you are typing. It also has bad syllabus integration system which misleads a lot of students.

Frequently blackboard maintenance is required by the university, which prevents access to the entire website all day! The app for it is a horrible implementation as well! Definitely needs help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personally, I'd choose Canvas.

I use it to upload course content for my students; I am their Teaching Assistant. I also use it to access my own courses. It is easy means of class management.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Blackboard Learn?

* We monitor all Blackboard Learn reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.