BlackLine

Automates financial close processes to help improve controls for accounting, finance, audit, and compliance staff.

Work for BlackLine?

Showing 14 BlackLine reviews
BlackLine review by <span>Katie N.</span>
Katie N.

Powerful but pricey

What do you like best?

Blackline is able to knock out all of our reconciliations in record speed. With the right data, there is almost nothing it can't do, and the professional services team is able to assist you in getting your rules effectively mapped out so that they will work every time.

What do you dislike?

Implementation was somewhat slow and hands off which made it a bit more difficult. The system is very rigid and does not allow you to change your import templates without having to redo a significant amount of work but I am sure there is a reason for this.

We have mass amounts of data that requires a quick reconciliation tool and Blackline has solved this for us (we previously were using a different software that did not meet our needs). We have been given the tools and resources we need to learn how to write our own rules and reiterate our matching logic which has been helpful as our business has evolved over time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BlackLine
BlackLine review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

Blackline Is A Simple, User-Friendly Tool

What do you like best?

Compared to similar programs, BlackLine is very user friendly. We used both the reconciliation and task manager modules for over two years. It allowed us to easily search co-workers/team members reconciliations and tasks and view their documents and attachments, as well as manager approvals. It also includes an very detailed audit history which was great for our evidence of review. Once tasks and reconciliations were approved, we could still go in and add additional documentation (which I found useful) without it being de-certified. We tested the journal entry module but never went live with it - It was also very simple and easy to use. They provide a template, and the template is used to upload into your system. I, personally, enjoyed using this program.

What do you dislike?

It didn't communicate as well with our systems as the program we are using now can.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very user-friendly.

Personally, it allowed me to somewhat streamline my close process and keep track of my tasks. We entered daily tasks, as well as close tasks, to the task manager and I was able to use it as a reminder tool and basically a to-do list. It also helped improve my evidence of review by providing the detailed, timed audit history.

What Financial Close solution do you use?

BlackLine review by <span>Krunal S.</span>
Krunal S.

Lack of support makes Implementation difficult

What do you like best?

Accounting like the reconciliation process compared to the old software we used.

What do you dislike?

Blackline support is a non existent. They provide little to no documentation, make major changes to their ftp with notifying customers of changes. I'm my year long experience Blackline consultants cant answer even the most basic questions of how their software works or feeds into Oracle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you have a ton of time to implement without any assistance from Blackline, don't bother. There are other tools out there that work the same and wont be as big a pain to implement.

Needed a quicker way to do reconciliations with audit trails.

BlackLine review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

Great product for close management and account reconciliations

What do you like best?

The close management product is wonderful for tracking progress made against the close and also is useful for the audit.

What do you dislike?

Having to change out into different roles (example preparer and reviewer) for account reconciliations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement as many of their products as possible! It seems like the products really work with each other to improve efficiency so by implementing multiple products at the same time, you will get the most benefit from the product.

Streamlining close process, viewing close progress and account reconciliations in one central location from anywhere.

BlackLine review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Great cloud software

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and usability of blackline. IT is a very unique product.

What do you dislike?

Upgrade bugs but that happens with any software I have used. Quick fixes none the less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using this software if you don't want a product that is used for one main purpose and not mixed with other functions for other departments.

Streamlining all reconciliation processes. I have realized there is a major benefit to having a software entirely in the cloud.

BlackLine review by <span>Josh L.</span>
Josh L.

Blackline

What do you like best?

Visibility to entire balance sheet reconciliations.

What do you dislike?

Navigation buttons at the bottom of the screens.

Controls over balance sheet reconciliation and review.

Learning about BlackLine?

* We monitor all BlackLine reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.