Bloomerang

Bloomerang

Bloomerang is a cloud-based donor management system focuses on outreach, engagement, and retention. The product incorporates donor engagement and provides advice from fundraising and nonprofit experts.

Work for Bloomerang?

Learning about Bloomerang?

Bloomerang Reviews

Ask Bloomerang a Question
Showing 165 Bloomerang reviews
Bloomerang review by Jeff M.
Jeff M.

"Intuitive, easy to use combination of great tools"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is intuitive and integrates both email and embedded forms for donations, registrations, etc. While they offer a lot of free training opportunities, it's very easy to navigate and the learning curve is very short.

What do you dislike?

If most of your fundraising is event-based, then this might not be the optimal choice. Some other software options have much more robust special event modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a list of what features you need, what you'd like and what you really don't need. Look at the alternatives and rate them in the first two areas. View demo's on at least your top 3-5 choices. Ask to "play in the sandboxes" of your top 3 choices before making a decision.

I am tracking donations, recording interactions and keeping every aspect of my relationship with each donor in a single location that can be easily retrieved. In my current role, I instituted Bloomerang as our first donor management system. In my prior role, I converted from the PC-based version of Raiser's Edge to Bloomerang.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bloomerang
Bloomerang review by Sara S.
Sara S.

"We love Bloomerang!"

What do you like best?

Our Communications and Development Department uses Bloomerang to manage and communicate with our donors. We did a number of demos with different constituent management software and chose Bloomerang and we absolutely made the correct decision. We have about 10,000 records. The transition from DonorPerfect to Bloomerang was very quick and only had a couple minor hiccups which were easily remedied. Since then, we have been able to increase our engagement with our donors and our donors' engagement with our organization. The webinars have been incredibly helpful. We have only had to contact tech support once for an issue but we've made suggestions for how Bloomerang can improve and they've taken those suggestions and actually implemented a couple of them. We have just had such a good experience with Bloomerang and are so thankful we decided to switch to them! It's been a wonderful experience and they've just been really great to work with. Would recommend them to anyone, especially smaller to mid-sized organizations.

What do you dislike?

We really don't have any complaints. Every issue we've had has been user error, for the most part. Some of the import features are a little clunky but manageable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about switching to Bloomerang, I would highly recommend it. Especially if your development program has a major gifts component.

We have doubled our revenue and increased efficiencies in the department. Bloomerang has made engaging with our donors and tracking that engagement so much easier.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

Bloomerang review by Dana B.
Dana B.

"Bloomerang saves me time"

What do you like best?

I have to thank Bloomerang for the amazing and quick support. When I took over this role about 6 months ago, no letters were done in Bloomerang – we downloaded reports, added headers in Excel and then merged documents to create letters. It was extremely complicated and frustrating for our small two-person team.

As I started taking more and more Bloomerang webinars, I asked my boss if we could consider using the letters function in 2018. Once I got some kinks worked out on my end (understanding terminology, and more how the program functions, etc.), it has worked AMAZINGLY. I created Year-End letters in a matter of hours, which previously took two weeks. I’ve been slowly adding new letters for our various campaigns and it’s working out so well. My boss, who works on another floor, knows exactly what I’m doing because the letters generate notes and now she can go in and make changes if necessary. I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!

What do you dislike?

There are some minor issues with all letters downloading as a PDF that cannot be easily and quickly edited before printing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is fast and phenomenal!

Bloomerang is our donor database -- using the reports function we can better communicate and fundraise with our donors.

Bloomerang review by Matt R.
Matt R.

"One of the best cloud services for donor management"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang does have some really good features for donor management, everything from keeping track of donor base and all donations from everyone, to keeping track of every email you've ever sent a donor. It helps track things like of campaign progress and can easily tie into stripe.com for online donation processing.

What do you dislike?

It has some odd limitations, one that I can think of right now is that it only has one email address supported for notifications and for contact email that appears on forms. For example, if you setup a donor form or a form to register for an event, it uses the primary email address on the account, this is inconvenient as more than one person handles events rather than donations.

Online donations were a big reason we switched from our offline version of donor perfect, we have been very successful with this as this is how to engage new generations of donors.

Bloomerang review by Amabelle C.
Amabelle C.

"Bloomerang makes my job easier! "

What do you like best?

It's been one year now since we've switched to Bloomerang. It has definitely been a more intuitive system that we can easily customize, as well as track things we could not before, such as interactions and grants. What has been really beneficial is tracking relationships of our donors. It really gives us a good picture of how people became connected to our nonprofit/cause. The timeline attribute is a great visual snapshot of the donor's relationship with our organization, as well as how we are interacting with them. The overall design and ease of navigation is a big plus, which has helped us easily train staff who need to update donor records.

What do you dislike?

A few items that we think Bloomerang can improve is the letters. The font sizes do not actually match up to Word document font sizes. I usually create things in front size 11 but I have to do it as font size 14 to get the same output. Formatting tends to automatically change when creating new paragraphs or inserting new fields. So, you always have to go back and change things. Sometimes, the new field inserted will have a standard font/size but then it will also change the words/sentences after it despite it already being formatted. So, I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but it does make it more cumbersome.

Another area that I think needs improvement is event tracking. We wish we could enter event expenses.

With regard to donor records, if we make one member of a household deceased or inactive, it does not remove their name from the Household record. So, when we run a household mailing, their names still pop up and we have be to very diligent when it comes to removing them. Perhaps a notification or red flag on a household who has one member inactive will help flag those down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bloomerang is worth the investment, especially for a small nonprofit with less than $1M budget and 10 employees. It really has streamlined our donor database system and gives us more time to focus on the data than how to input the data.

Before Bloomerang, we relied on institutional knowledge and board members knowledge of how donors came to know our organization. Today, we are able to track this information and have a better understanding of the donor's relationship with our cause which gives us a better relationship with the donor.

Bloomerang review by Kristi B.
Kristi B.

"I love Bloomerang"

What do you like best?

Ways to connect with constituents. Email scheduling. Donor Tracking and letters. Ability to put people in family units to minimize number of constituent spots taken. Customer service through online chat is amazing. The ease of set-up and the user friendly use is great. I had this product recommended to me and the first company I worked for in this field was not interested. I think I got the job at the new place because of my excitement for using this product. I loved how they worked with a small and growing company to help me find a program that gave us a very good price for the first year. This helped us get started for a very low cost and let us begin to reach out to constituents from day one. I have had no problems and cannot even remember when I had to ask for support last because of how easy it is to use. But, if I did need them, I know they would be there. It takes a matter of seconds to get an online support person.

What do you dislike?

All the things I have wanted, they have created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The online support is so good! It is so, so good! I think this program is so user friendly and it has been so great to use this year. I attribute a great deal of our connections and growth to having this product.

We are able to communicate with our constituents, send them newsletters and pre-set birthday greetings. We can track their giving, activity and connections and easily track our thanks and reconciling of all activity.

Bloomerang review by Sarah T.
Sarah T.

"Pretty Darn Happy"

What do you like best?

I really like the donor engagement piece that tells you cool vs. hot vs. on fire. It's illuminating to see a more objective view of your donors actual engagement. I like the timeline feature, as well. Great snapshot. Also a great way to keep track of interactions, with the to do list. The features are there to make you a better fundraiser (if you use them!). It's also pretty intuitive. I'm not one to do a lot of front end learning with software. I want to figure it out as I go, and that approach works well with this. And the letters. Love the letter feature. That took some figuring out, but it's great.

What do you dislike?

The email blast tech is solid, but a little clunky. It doesn't integrate well with how we do our newsletter on our website, but I can do it. Also, some of the reporting is difficult for me to answer specific questions. That said the reporting is a million times better than what I've had before and so that is splitting a fine hair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program, but the email system is limiting. If they need sophistication in email, I don't think this is the right product or at least needs to integrate with other email systems that can handle higher level stuff.

More consistent donor engagement and insight into which donors I should be contacting, either to enhance engagement that I didn't see before or to re-engage a donor who is disengaging.

Bloomerang review by Jim A.
Jim A.

"Ease of use and Information at our Fingertips"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang allows me to both store the information I need and bring it up easily without wading through numerous steps. I have the information I need and can generate the reports necessary to know how active and supportive our alumni and supporters are.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really dislike is that you have to type in nearly the entire person's name in order for Bloomerang to suggest it as the one you want to choose. For example, type in TIM SMI and rather than Tim Smith coming up, Tim Smothers, Tim Smelt and Tim Smolder come up while Tim Smith is no where to be seen in the suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend any non-profit to use Bloomerang as a donor management system.

As opposed to our previous data management system, which was just beyond spreadsheets, Bloomerang allows us to quickly run reports, search for giving trends and keep running data on our supporter contacts. As such, we are more in tune with our constituents and far better equipped to either thank a regular supporter or reach out to a lapsed one.

Bloomerang review by Jonathan A.
Jonathan A.

"Great, but some holes"

What do you like best?

Our old system was only available on a local server, so we had to be on site to use it. I love being able to access Bloomerang from anywhere. Multiple users is also a huge plus for our multi-person team. Built in receipting has been a game changer too in terms of how quickly I can get acknowledgements sent out.

What do you dislike?

There's a few things that are counter intuitive from our previous system. Reporting took me quite a while to learn, and I still use trial and error quite often. Some standard "quick" reports would be a great addition. Updating addresses continues to be a cumbersome process as well when they are attached to a household.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's easier to learn if you are coming from nothing and Bloomerang is the first thing you've used rather than switching from another system.

As stated above, cloud access and multiple users.

Bloomerang review by Lydia S.
Lydia S.

"Bloomerang helps us keep track of our donor engagement"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang makes it easy to keep track of our donors, how much they have given, when they have given, and how they are involved. It makes it super simple for anyone in the organization to get on and see how we have been communicating and what has been communicated with each individual donor. I also love how I can bcc bloomerang on any email and they will automatically upload the email to the corresponding donor's profile.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the head of household information can get a little complicated when it comes to mailers and reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bloomerang is amazing when it comes to donor relations. Can't remember who last spoke to the donor and what was mentioned? As long as your team is keeping notes, it's all there!

Bloomerang has helped us keep track of our donors and their involvement. It helps us walk into conversations as well as gives us history when there is staff turnover.

Bloomerang review by Joan M.
Joan M.

"Bloomerang fundraising software is just what I was hoping for to relate to and track donors."

What do you like best?

Bloomerang software is user friendly and easily integrates with our website and Quick Books. The company provides help guides and videos that are clearly written. So much so that I did not need the additional support that is available for a small charge! The staff are very helpful and available by phone or email. The cost is affordable for start ups and small not for profits and grow as you grow. There is no one size fits all mentality! Recommendations are welcome from the users.

What do you dislike?

Tracking grants from foundations is a bit of a challenge and I would like to see more adaptation of the system for this use. I was, however, able to make my own adaptation and am discovering more and more each day about the options available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you will like it. It is user-friendly, affordable and the Bloomerang consultants will help you all along the way. Check out TechSoup for discounts if you are a not for profit. Discounts are also available from Bloomerang for new organizations and the cost increases as you grow. Check out their online videos and helps. There is much to learn online before you make your decision.

I looked for a system that would integrate all the functions in this development office. The Bloomerang software integrates with our website, provides reports for our board, enables us to send e-mails and newsletters to interested persons and provides files for our Quick Book financial software. Data is only entered into the system, once! Being user-friendly, administrators and staff can learn how to use the system and the help guides and videos are clear for those who know how to read and follow directions. These techs must be teachers! I learn something new about this system every day.

Bloomerang review by David J.
David J.

"Great customer support, easy to use software"

What do you like best?

We are a small arts not for profit, with an annual budget of around $350,000. Bloomerang is the first system we've encountered that fits us "just right." It's very easy to use, the tutorials and training sessions are great, and the customer support is second to none.

What do you dislike?

The biggest knock I have is that their email system could be a bit more flexible and appealing. Like MailChimp integration maybe? The design options are a little limiting for a business that wants to use Bloomerang as a one-stop shop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are willing to work out a multi-year deal at a discount.

Donor acquisition and retention. Customer management. The biggest thing we've accomplishes is instituting an annual campaign where we were able to track and meet our goal, then replicate success again in year 2 with much more ease.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"An Excellent Donor Platform"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang's report-building features are second to none that I have come across. It's very simple to drill in to a criteria set in order to find the exact constituents or transactions necessary. The team is also constantly providing updates and previews of what features are in the pipeline

What do you dislike?

Bugs are not infrequent (I come across around one per month), but their customer service is always quick to help resolve issues. And their mail/email features leave much to be desired. MailChimp integration would be very welcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a donor platform with robust reporting solutions, frequent updates, and very timely support, Bloomerang is the right fit for you. If you want attractive donor pages, however, know that you'll have to build and host them yourself, as their platform's pages leave much to be desired.

Bloomerang enables my team to get donor data fast, whether for personal fundraising or major donor development.

Bloomerang review by Becca B.
Becca B.

"Bloomerang for life!"

What do you like best?

It's an intuitive one-stop shop for donor and volunteer management. They're always working to improve the user's experience, and the customer support chat function is stellar.

What do you dislike?

Previously sent emails can't be archived so after a while you have pages and pages to sort through. Also, there isn't an image gallery other than inside an email, and you can't edit images inside the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small nonprofit you can try Bloomerang for 1 year via Techsoup for $99.

It's an excellent resource for determining how engaged our constituents are so we can reach out more to those slipping away. And we can segment our communications based on custom filters.

Bloomerang review by Julie M.
Julie M.

"Bloomerang is Amazing!"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is very user friendly. It allows us to easy add new donors and keep in touch with current donors. Bloomerang offers so many practical and helpful resources for nonprofits. The webinars are always very insightful. Plus the staff is top notch!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, keep up the great work!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend other Nonprofits consider Bloomerang as their donor software. The program is user friendly and helps smaller nonprofits like us manage our fund development. Bloomerang shares great resources and has excellent support. We are very happy with this product!

Donor management data base

Also use for fundraising, ecommunication to donors and more

Bloomerang review by Jim M.
Jim M.

"Still discovering the benefits."

What do you like best?

The ease of entering and tracking donations. We are primarily funded my recurring donations from hundreds of partners. Bloomerang helps us know who is giving and who has lapsed.

What do you dislike?

Many of the search filters on the input side of the data are not the same as the filters in the reporting side. It would be nice if they were consistent. Also being able to sort a large number of contributors by zip code would be helpful.

Bloomerang has helped us tremendously in determining our fulfillment rate on pledges. We never had a handle on that before. It is so nice to be able to access the program through the cloud. We also love having the ability to email receipts and newsletters.

Bloomerang review by Lisa M.
Lisa M.

"Better than google!"

What do you like best?

I had a question about a report this morning. I went onto the chat and visited with Daniel. He asked the right questions to understand what I was trying to create and step-by-step walked me through it. I had my answer and my report within 5 minutes and was able to move on. Besides all the great tools Bloomerang provides me, they provide me with someone like Daniel to help whenever I ask! Thank you!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about Bloomerang.

I now have one place where I can learn anything I need to know about constituents: their interests, involvement and donations. I stay logged in all day and refer to the program numerous times throughout the day.

Bloomerang review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Bloomerang"

What do you like best?

Boomerang is incredibly intuitive. As someone who has never used donor management software before Bloomerang, I have been able to easily navigate and use the different features like reports, emailing, and adding new constituents.

What do you dislike?

The custom fields could use a little more tweaking; I wish there was a way to add custom fields for specific kinds of constituents. When you add a custom field, it appears in all the constituents' profiles, and it ends up looking really crowded when you click on a specific profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the live phone support chat. It's worth the money. Emailing questions back and forth gets really complicated.

It shows us exactly which of our donors are lapsing, and which donors have been giving the same amount. , . Thus, it helps us realize which donors we have to put more effort into reaching, and which ones we can now start to ask to increase their annual or monthly giving.

Bloomerang review by Danielle G.
Danielle G.

"Great Donor Management Software"

What do you like best?

The interface is great to work with. The overview information on the initial page is a wonderful 10,000ft view of donorship. The reports have made our communication with specific groups of donors more efficient. The online forms have given us the opportunity to streamline our donation and acknowledgement process. There are a lot of great features.

What do you dislike?

1. There is no way for a donor to update their own personal or financial information.

2. If donors give through a foundation, I haven't found a way to tie it directly to that donor. It is all contained within the Organization file of that foundation.

3. The way the online forms look and feel could be a lot better, especially considering the way the Bloomerang software looks and feels. They kind of seem like they were an after-thought for your team.

4. Better and more ways to customize your newsletter templates. Also, a way to schedule to send at a later date. (The automatic features you would get using another software like MailChimp.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This an overall a great system. They do listen to their users and make upgrades as they can when requested. In their support area you can even see what they have planned and what they in progress on. I believe they will continue to get better.

We were awful at donor communication and knowing retention, who gave where, etc. This has helped immensely. We use the reports and email more than anything right now. As the system grows to be more robust, hopefully adding a feature that donors can update their own information (personal and financial), we will continue to see its help in our growth as an organization.

Bloomerang review by Becca W.
Becca W.

"The only RELATIONSHIP focused software I could find!"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang helps you track the actual relationship of the donor and not just the donation. I'm constantly using the Tasks feature and planning our next steps with our donors. I also use the dashboard which gives me a quick snapshot of where I am with the campaign. I LOVE the Ahern test which analyzes your writing to see if your communications are donor-focused. Finally, the support team is excellent and has been right by my side whenever I needed help. From uploading mass interactions to creating reports, they are always friendly, able and willing to help maximize your Bloomerang experience.

What do you dislike?

I once tried to use the email feature for an online campaign, but found out after that the email is only sent to the head of household. I wish it went to every email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're interested in the best way to stay donor-focused and truly steward your donors, and not just donations, then Bloomerang is the best option available.

Tracking our relationships with donors. I can open up any account and quickly and easily see exactly what we've done, when they last gave and what our next steps are. This was impossible when we used to use Excel.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Bloomerang is easy to use, but lacks some features"

What do you like best?

I like how easy bloomerang is to use. When I don't know something, because of the different query/filter terminology, the chat support feature is a life saver. The support team always provides thorough instructions and then I know how to run similar type reports in the future thanks to their instruction. I mostly have what I need with this system for donor work.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the email system. The templates are easy to use, but ugly with little customization available-- even just narrowing the margins on the template isn't possible without knowing HTML. It also isn't possible to add or delete a single email address in a mass email. You have to figure out how to "filter" it out. Also I get lots of duplicate records because there is no duplicate report for donors. I could see this if a donor made an online gift using a new address or something, but I have duplicates that are EXACTLY the same donor info, but the system made 2 records anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need ease of use for donor management and reports, don't have overly complicated tracking or donor data needs and like great customer service, I recommend Bloomerang.

Easy to filter reports, easy data entry, and a little bit of volunteer tracking are main benefits. It is easy to teach staff how to use or they can use chat feature to learn what they need to know. Over, despite email and duplicates, I like it pretty well and certainly better than eTapestry.

Bloomerang review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Easy interface, Excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

Ease of all aspects of use from reports, to creating letters, to tracking donations. I also like how customizable the software is. If you need to track something new, just create a new field, and away you go! And the dashboard is fabulous, giving you a visual of where you are on your donations for the week, month, and year, and you can also track specific campaigns right on the homepage without running a report. So much to love! And the customer service folks are fantastic too. Anytime I've had a question they are quick to respond and offer the help I need.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the online event registration. You should be able to add more than one choice to your "cart". But as it is, if you wish to sign up for multiple items for an event, you have to check out for each individual item, then go back and start the process over for the next item. As such, we aren't using that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've set up databases in one form or another at three nonprofit organizations. This was the easiest conversion and set up I've ever experienced, and the software delivered on everything promised.

Before Bloomerang, we had no easy way of tracking donors or donations. This is the key benefit to this software for my NPO. Ease of access to our donor base. We now know who they are, how much they're giving, and how best to reach them.

Bloomerang review by Sue T.
Sue T.

"Bloomerang ROCKS!"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang's interface is simple to learn and use. I actually ENJOY using this database - which is kind of a big deal. Also - the customer service is second to none. Bloomerang chat is quick and easy and their customer service reps are experts - and if they don't have an answer - they find one!

What do you dislike?

There are a few fields that I can't pull into a report the way I'd like - so sometimes I have to find a work around. I wish that there was a separate address field for company name, for example, so that when I am creating a mailing list with both individuals and organizations I could create first name, last name, company name rather than account name (which duplicates things) and envelope name (which includes both). I also wish that Bloomerang had an easy way to acknowledge tribute gifts to notificants. The good thing, though - is that whenever a user finds a hurdle like this - Bloomerang listens. I know that Bloomerang wants feedback from users and if they get enough of it - they will make programming changes to meet those needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't take my word for it - get a sandbox to play in and try it for yourself! Talk to other organizations about what they are using and how well they like it. Ask them what they like and what they don't. Have an idea in mind what you would like your database to do for you. Research other vendors (I researched three). Realize that there is no perfect solution - but weigh your needs against all of the options with an open mind. There were a couple of features that I would have liked Bloomerang to have that other solutions did have - but those solutions were lacking something that Bloomerang had that was farther up my priority list. I don't regret my decision one bit - plus the conversion process was really pretty painless. Very, very impressed with Bloomerang!

We are communicating with constituents MORE and FASTER than ever before. We are developing relationships, gathering intel on our donors and volunteers, and using data from reports to help us make better decisions than we have in the past. So...not only is Bloomerang riotously fun to use (and it can really do almost anything but fly me to the moon!) - it is bar-none the best tool I have in my toolbox. And did I mention the fantastic customer service? Seriously, people, if you don't already use Bloomerang - you need to!

Bloomerang review by Sierra A.
Sierra A.

"Switching to Bloomerang was the best decision we've made"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Bloomerang is my ability to better understand our constituents and their giving behaviors. After we switched to Bloomerang, I was able to get a better understanding of how our donors give, when they give, and their level of commitment to our organization. With a few clicks, I can pull advanced and comprehensive reports that allow me to analyze and report on activity, and use that information for letters, data reports, and so much more.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change about Bloomerang is the layout of the timeline. I would love to be able to set a "default" for transactions on the timeline, and then add more as desired. I also wish I could assign dates to constituents addresses, so we can better track where like to be reached during the year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best decision! Bloomerang is easy to use, comprehensive, and their reporting system is excellent.

Working in the Development Department, we are continually trying to increase our donor pool and identify new donors for major and capital campaign gifts. Bloomerang has allowed us to quickly and easily see when a donor has increased their gift, has given for a number of years in a row, or when they have lapsed.

Bloomerang review by Michelle A.
Michelle A.

"Bloomerang is great for our small non profit museum"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. Customer support is fast and friendly. I can pull donor reports in a few minutes and I can keep track of all of my donors in a fully customizable way that makes sense to me. I also find the thank you letter tracking to be very useful. A nice feature is that once a letter is generated, a copy is saved to the donor's profile and can be viewed anytime. This is great during audits!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint is the restrictions on the letter templates. I do wish it were more customizable in font and format. I have some issues when I create my membership letters because we print the letter along with a detachable membership card at the end. Sometimes the formatting is weird and cuts information off or adds another page when I don't need one. Other than that, I really like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend using Bloomerang. It is great for keeping track of donors and for keeping track of acknowledgment letters and report building.

I keep track of all of our donors and have found it easier to send out donor acknowledgments in a timely manner. Because we are able to keep better reports, our donors have increased.

Bloomerang review by Carly B.
Carly B.

"Executive Director, The Mercy Ministries"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is very user friendly and the website is very dependable with little or no downtime. I also like that the software is constantly being enhanced to make reporting and data tracking easier and all changes are communicated with clarity and humor.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint that I have with Bloomerang is the lack of linking between people in the same household. Regarding tracking donations, I wish that marred couples or donations made from anyone in the same household could be seem on one profile page. Sometimes the wife donates but the donation is placed under the spouse's profile because his name is on the check. Not being able to see the donation from them both or at least from the same household, makes donor cultivation difficult.

We are able to clearly delegate tasks related to cultivating donors or volunteers through the Bloomerang system. The system also allows us to maintain a detailed profile on each donor and his or her preferences/interests so that any team member can go to one central location to prepare for a meeting or interaction with a donor.

Bloomerang review by Pamela S.
Pamela S.

"Bloomerang is outstanding, well-designed and Donor Centric"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to use, keeps the donor retention rate in the forefront of the program and has such incredible functionality, including social media tracking as well as the "I" vs "You" language calculator.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Instagram & Facebook were integrated in the social media aspect of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wow - once you dive in, you won't look back. Bloomerang was designed by fundraisers for fundraisers. Some of the other products on the market don't have the intuitive-nuances built in to the same capacity that Bloomerang has designed their product. I highly recommend this product and have received

Donor Retention and Ease of Use is very important. I love that Tom Ahern was integral in designing this CRM and it shows. The "I" and "You" counter is also outstanding.

Bloomerang review by Kara H.
Kara H.

"Good Tool for Tracking Donors"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and very user friendly. It also is a great way to incorporate donor forms into a website or to set up sign up sheets at an event! It makes collecting their information super easy and organized!

What do you dislike?

There are still some questions that are not easy to collect. Trying to track housholds is also difficult and hard to pull forms on 2 people living in the same house.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a great an easy tool to use! It has helped us be able to track donations and retain donors each and every year! We have enjoyed using Bloomerang and the updates they are adding have only improved the ease of use and have helped track the information we have wanted to collect from donors

We are able to track donors to be able to keep up with them and follow up with them throughout the year.

Bloomerang review by Marceleen (Marley) M.
Marceleen (Marley) M.

"Development made easy with Bloomerang!"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang has increased the number of users and uses we use our CRM tool for. We now track things we couldn't before because of the dynamic foundation Bloomerang is built on. And thanks to the intuitive design of the system anyone can use it. Not to mention, it is great to be able to track AND send communication directly from the system. Oh and... not to forget the help is awesome. Have a problem with a report? Just open a chat window and they'll fix you up real time, no sending you a help desk link you could have found yourself... WE LOVE IT! A++

What do you dislike?

I wish we could sort columns in reports right in Bloomerang, but I've mentioned it and am willing to be it will be addressed in the future as they take their customer feed back very seriously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bloomerang may not do as much as other systems, but it does the important stuff REALLY WELL! Two points that speak to the ease of use and efficacy of the system: We went from having 2 users to having 18 now with minimal training and support. The integrity of the system is proven in the fact that people are able to use it with out messing anything up while increasing donor retention.

We have increased our donor retention nearly 10% since we switched over to Bloomerang because it is so much easier to track who you should be reaching out to for funds. As we work to grow our donor base we feel confident that we'll have an even higher retention number because we'll be able to follow-up with donors more efficiently and effectively.

Bloomerang review by Ben F.
Ben F.

"Good for our team"

What do you like best?

The user interface turns the data into a meaningful picture of our donors and our campaigns. The donor profile and timeline shows how much we've interacted in really helpful depth.

What do you dislike?

Some features are underdeveloped compared to what I'd expect. Email formatting is really limited so we had to revert back to mailchimp which means we're using 2 systems. And it doesn't integrate with mailchimp. Also, there's not very much customization available for user accounts so we have to be OK with all users having essentially unfettered access to all the data.

We're in touch with all our donors, we're managing donation transactions, we're sending donation receipts

Bloomerang review by Kimberly F.
Kimberly F.

"Bloomerang is AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is intuitive, user friendly, and mobile friendly. It's extremely easy to learn, easy to to teach and has been a true asset for me and my team. I know my donor retention, campaign progress, and dollars raised daily, monthly, and year to date simply by logging in. No long reports with multiple layers of filters. As a past user of Raisers Edge, Donor2, Donor Perfect and eTapestry I can say that Bloomerang is truly different than the rest. Much easier to use.

Reports are simple and easy to run. It takes minutes to put together a report and once the template is done you can save it and use it again. As a new customer I purchased phone support and they have been wonderful to work with. If and when I have a question, they are all so very knowledgeable that I'm never on the phone for very long, my question gets answered in a way that the next time the issue comes up I will be able to handle it on my own. THANK YOU phone support, you're awesome!

My data conversion from my other system was truly the easiest conversion I've ever experienced. The Bloomerang conversion manager walked me through step by step. Answered all of my questions and in between working with him I worked with my Customer Advocate that took care of everything else.

The entire team at Bloomerang is top notch.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that automatic notification was made to families or other notificant when a gift in honor or in memory of someone was made. Right now there isn't any link between the gift and sending out a notification to the family or other person that a gift has been made.

And I wish there were a way to attach a PDF to the donor file.

Other than that everything has been great.

We are now able to identify our top donors, who has stopped giving and when, which funds people are giving too and which ones are stagnant, who we should be targeting, stewarding, and how. And no, the last software that was used didn't have the ability to do any of that as it wasn't a true donor management system.

Bloomerang review by Administrator in Performing Arts
Administrator in Performing Arts

"Bloomerang is clunky but usable, good for beginners. "

What do you like best?

I like its tracking features for donor management and email marketing campaigns. The tracking and data retention are its best features. It has a lot of creative uses depending on what type of campaign or data report you are wanting to run. I would recommend it as a beginner or as a business not needing advanced options.

What do you dislike?

I dislike its dated look and the difficulty of embedding features (like social media and video links). The templates especially look dated and are not very easily customizable. If it could be modernized and the support team trained its users, that would greatly increase the value of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just getting started, it's a useful product. If you're looking for more advanced and modernized software, it's not a good choice.

I'm increasing audience engagement and donor participation through Bloomerang. Our nonprofit uses it mainly for email campaigns and event marketing/communications, but we do use it for donor tracking and fundraising management as well.

Bloomerang review by Karen G.
Karen G.

"Once you try Bloomerang you'll never look back"

What do you like best?

How I can better track everything about our supporters - their gifts, their volunteer time, the interactions we've had with them, their interests, and notes about when to make annual requests. The reporting is so easy (and actually kind of fun!) and the interface so easy to read that even board members love it!

What do you dislike?

Minor things, like I wish I could mass upload annual tasks rather than manually enter them each year. But my list of complaints (while always very small issues) has shrunk significantly since Bloomerang did a major revamp of its reporting system in October 2016. It is now even better than before!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bloomerang is worth the investment. I researched several database systems when shopping around. Yes, you can get a database for cheaper, but you get what you pay for. I used to use a database that was only $50 a year to use; another was free. But the time we spend on man (or woman) hours and the quality of product we receive has significantly improved the quality of our development program.

I now have more time to FUNDRAISE and I have a better handle on who our supporters are. I have Bloomerang integrated with our website and send all our e-newsletters out through Bloomerang. So no more having to manage third-party e-newsletter systems or manually entering online donations. When someone gives online, their gift and information automatically goes into our Bloomerang database. When I send out an email, it is noted in each constituent's profile. And if they open the email or click a link, I am able to track that as well. It's a one-stop shop, allowing me more freedom to get out and engage with donors rather than data manage.

Bloomerang review by Holly C.
Holly C.

"By Fundraisers, For Fundraisers + Excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

Excellent, accessible customer service. I also love that it was obviously designed for fundraisers by fundraisers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really significant. It was difficult to adjust to the settings for reports and filters, but once I got the hang out of it, it was no problem.

It saves me time, keeps me organized, makes my donor/development data easy to access, and helps me run our development program with a VERY small staff. I don't think we would be where we are without Bloomerang honestly.

Bloomerang review by Benjamin S.
Benjamin S.

"Great and Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is the best nonprofit donor management platform I have come across! Not only is their platform very easy to use and navigate, but their customer service is spectacular. They are always extremely quick to respond to requests and if I ever have an issue, it is always resolved right away.

What do you dislike?

There are only very few minimal things that could be improved, such as being able to view and resend a previously sent acknowledgment letter or being able to apply a recurring donation to a pledge. Lastly, there were some issues with tracking donations as tributes, but again, this was a very small issue that could be tracked internally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for great customer support, Bloomerang is a perfect option.

We are able to easily store all of our donor information, and run all types of reports of this information as well. Whether I am sorting by transaction type or donor information, it is always very intuitive and easy. It was also a giant benefit to be able to embed the donation form onto our organization's actual website, instead of having the donor be redirected to an external site.

Bloomerang review by Loree L.
Loree L.

"Strong Fundraising CRM "

What do you like best?

Bloomerang has a very user-friendly interface and is easy to use out of the box. The software has unique features to measure individual giving, including an engagement meter and tools to help measure donor-centric language for e-marketing.

What do you dislike?

The product would benefit from improving some elements such as the duplicate checker and setting email reminders for tasks.

Donor relationship management - this product helps nonprofits manage more relationships on a personal level and not let important elements fall through the cracks.

"Best. Solution. Ever."

What do you like best?

Bloomerang has it all! Tracking, tasks, reports, emails, thank you notes that log themselves--there are so many ways to find what you need and get everything done faster! It uses a simple, clean design, and best of all, the webinars ROCK!

What do you dislike?

It is hard to find something to dislike, although I had a little trouble at first with using the filters for the reports, it was worth the effort to figure it out.

Our whole department can know exactly where we left off with each donor, pledge, and relationship. It can all be sorted and categorized, and we all have the one place to go for all the answers we need.

Bloomerang review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"Love Bloomerang!"

What do you like best?

I love the homepage dashboard with quick info and links. The report templates are also designed intuitively. The donor profile homepages are also great, I really like the affinity quick-glance and relationships viewed in one place.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the household/individual options. It's a bit confusing on how to pull them for reports and it's frustrating to have to add relationships to people in households to easily view them. That would be a nice option to have households listed on the profile view of a person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to other software, Bloomerang is extremely user friendly. Definitely designed with the user in mind, not the developer.

We're working to increase our donor retention and Bloomerang has been really useful for that.

Bloomerang review by Janel B.
Janel B.

"Why would you do anything else?"

What do you like best?

I can train someone on Bloomerang in less than 30 minutes. And then they can grow at their own pave. It's amazing to implement, the company is quick to respond questions and they offer the best training at Bloomcon.

What do you dislike?

I would like an ap on my phone to use. But clearly, that would be just be cause I WANT it...not because I need it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Stop looking. Switch to Bloomerang right now.

In both times I've implemented this software the non profit had nothing. Previous software was not working so staff had stopped using it and data wasn't being collected. We implemented Bloomerang and have been running ever since.

Bloomerang review by Administrator in Program Development
Administrator in Program Development

"Easy to use, intuitive and great training support to fully utilize the software"

What do you like best?

Ahern audit, customizable reports, easy to use email and letter templates, linkage with Stripe for credit card processing, automatic one-step acknowledgements and data population of constituent files; haven't used this much, but Donor Search feature is something we intend to employ more in 2018. Bloomerang customer support has effectively answered any questions I've had.

What do you dislike?

Setting up mailing labels is a challenge; still learning how to effectively use filters but probably need to take a few more training classes

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this software, especially if you are a small organization and have to stretch your resources.

Better understanding our current donor database and the work we have to do to increase support for the organization. More clarity about who are donors actually are.

Bloomerang review by Christina D.
Christina D.

"Bloomerang has been an essential tool necessary for expanding our fundraising efforts at Trinity."

What do you like best?

The ability for alumni and friends to automatically update their information by linking our data collection method on our website directly to the database.

What do you dislike?

The way that data is stored in the system within households is a little confusing, and the templates related to the creation of emails is a bit hard to follow/understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay close attention in the training, and use tutorials when available for various questions.

We do not have to enter information in various forms in different databases for events, then search for the information to collect and send communications to various stakeholders. The time saved from having the information in one place has been invaluable. Also, the various ways to search for certain information has been extremely useful.

Bloomerang review by Administrator

"Bloomerang review"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is perfect for a small shop such as ours AND it grows with us! It is easy to learn, which is good as I have to train a new intern every year in its functions. Reporting is surprisingly simple and, when my mind makes it more complicated than I can handle, customer service is ALWAYS available and very quick to respond!

What do you dislike?

n/a

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great system to consider particularly if this is the first-time you are looking for a donor management system. It has enough "bells and whistles" to make it well worth the cost while not overloading you with too much information. I love that you can customize your database to be able to track the data you need.want. Reporting is so easy!!

tracking donors is a breeze, and Bloomerang report functions allows me to better maintain contact with people

Bloomerang review by Danelle E.
Danelle E.

"Bloomerang - good stuff!"

What do you like best?

Overall, Bloomerang is very user friendly.

The report building is great. There are tons of options and I can create basically any report or list needed. Because of all of the options, there is a bit of a learning curve, but I'd recommend playing around with the options and also checking out the report resources available on Bloomerang's website.

Their tech support is great and quick to respond and their webinars (both related directly to their software and general nonprofit topics) are a great resource.

Another thing I like is that Bloomerang is constantly working to offer new and improved features. They are always open to suggestions and seem genuinely interested in user feedback.

What do you dislike?

One of our funding sources is annual memberships. While we have been able to record and track our members and their transactions using special fields, there have been times when something has been overlooked or confused with general donations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we were first considering a change, we did a live demo with Bloomerang. There is also a demo on their website as well as a number of instructional videos through their "Bloomerang Academy."

As we look to engage more people online, having the online giving forms and emails that are connected with our CRM database is great. For our small staff, we find both tools are a good balance of templates and features we can customize to our needs, brand, etc.

Bloomerang review by Tracy M.
Tracy M.

"Have been very happy with this product"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to understand, it is user friendly and the customer support is AWESOME! I love the classes too.

I love that our monthly gifts are automatically entered into a record. I love the event registration modules too.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionalities are limited. I would like more templates for the letter generation function and I also would like to be able to edit the letters once they are generated.

I would like it to be able to set up ticklers that would remind you to follow up w a constituent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know there are things that you really want your software to d, ask the Tech people to what extent Bloomerang does it. They will tell you the truth.

Since records are easy to update, I know our info is more current than in our old system. Event registration is easier. Our data entry is easier.

Bloomerang review by Administrator

"Great Customer Service and Growing Functionality"

What do you like best?

I like Bloomerang's fantastic user interface best. It is easy to learn and understand how to use.

What do you dislike?

It was not created for member-based organizations, so we've had to figure out work-arounds to get the functionality that we need. But they are continually growing and adding features to boost compatibility. I also wish I could maintain an email list without having to "spend" accounts on non-member subscribers to our email newsletters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think seriously about whether or not it will work for you if you are a member-based organization.

The reporting capabilities that we have now are far better than before. It's also easier to track notes on donor interaction. Segmenting our donor list for direct marketing is also easier.

Bloomerang review by Evan Michael H.
Evan Michael H.

"Great transition to Bloomerang"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang offers an ease of use while providing meaningful data analysis and donor management. I have been amazed at how Bloomerang has enhanced my office. I would recommend this to anyone in the fundraising field.

What do you dislike?

I am hopeful Bloomerang will address minor shortcomings in the near future. I have found the reporting features to be incredibly beneficial, however there are minor tweaks that would improve the functionality. For example, when exporting a report to excel, the parameters of the report are not exported in the header. This may lead to confusion if referring back to the excel report days or weeks later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was my impression when researching and meeting the Bloomerang team that they are a young and vibrant company that is committed to remaining relevant and up to date. Bloomerang is passionate about donor retention and provides webinars from industry leaders ranging in topics from "how to write a fantastic appeal" to "logistics of planning a successful campaign using their software". This is not a company bloated down by old html code or a lousy user interface. I have been very pleased though every step of the process.

Bloomerang allowed us to overhaul our donor communication and cultivation process. Development is a very personal process, and this software is flexible enough to allow us to log human interactions, mailings, gifts, and more.

Bloomerang review by Ricki P.
Ricki P.

"I am a new Bloomerang user, and I'm loving it!"

What do you like best?

I am most pleased with the ease of reporting and easy data entry! I spend less time putting information into the system, and I get more quality information from this software.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is a tedious, multi-step process to set up households.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be fooled by the opportunity to add "apps" to your software unless you have a robust IT Department. Blloomerang is very user-friendly!

Our biggest issue was that the members of the Resource Development team could not, or would not use the software we had before Bloomerang. Now, our team can all participate in updating constituent records, pulling their own reports, and keeping interactions up to date.

Bloomerang review by Melinda W.
Melinda W.

"Glad we made the switch"

What do you like best?

I came into a new position and when the company mentioned their donor database it was like they were caught up in a hostage situation. They were stuck in an expensive contract with something they barely knew how to work with. A key component of my hire was that I knew how to work with this big, aggressive, expensive system. What a backward way to think! I had always heard of Bloomerang thanks to their presence at conferences, webinars and experts. To move to a simpler system meant more people could use this tool. So what do I like best? Bloomerang became an effective tool so that more than one person could use the system. Increased functionality meant we could accept online donations and training people became a cinch.

What do you dislike?

Bloomerang is an excellent tool and I can't see any areas for improvement. One feature several users including myself have requested is currently in development. So Bloomerang listens to their users to offer solutions and keep the platform moving forward. They are patching the holes in the roof and doing the maintenance needed- not making you buy a whole new house to get upgrades.

Tracking donors and their giving

On-going email communication

Online giving

Receipting

Major gift fundraising/Moves Management system

Bloomerang review by Margie G.
Margie G.

"LB Homes Foundation Review"

What do you like best?

Everything during our transition from our former donor software management system to Bloomerang went very smoothly; we are VERY happy with the Bloomerang system and I would recommend it highly. The on-line support lessons have proven to be valuable and the team at Bloomerang are very supportive and knowledgeable.

I believe Bloomerang has an amazing product and is worth the investment.

What do you dislike?

Nothing on the part of Bloomerang; just learning a new system takes time and simply taking the time when balancing a multitude of projects can be daunting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to have the customer service representative walk you through the program. Ask a lot of questions and provide various scenarios to better understand just how much this system can provide.

Identifying our warmest donors and seeing the level of engagement at one glance is truly helpful. The Bloomerang system helped us solve a major problem of duplicate names and addresses saving us time and money on mailings.

Bloomerang review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"Awesome Donor Software for Non-Profits..even Christian Radio Stations...like us!"

What do you like best?

We did our research prior to our database conversion and Bloomerang was our top choice for many reasons!

First of all, love that it's web-based as our system prior was not. It's accessible from anywhere at anytime. Appreciate the following features:

- The dashboard at a glance always gives you a current snapshot

- The report functions are great and easy to use giving you robust reporting options

- Love the individual views and their timelines so you can see overall relationship

- Love the ease of creating new campaigns and managing more than one at a time

So many great features and functions, those are just a few!

What do you dislike?

As we are a non-profit Christian radio station, there are a few features/functions we wish it had such as a volunteer module to log into that only grants access to certain areas and not all data. This would be great when we have volunteers helping us to take our fundraiser calls. Not crazy about the Household approach as it sometimes skews the data we need but think we have found a work-around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I have referred other non-profits and have spoken to several stations like ours who are considering the switch and I always recommend it.

More reliable data, better reporting, great acknowledgement process, ties into our payment processer (Blue Pay) and our website very well, grea

"Bloomerang is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang's setup is very intuitive and user friendly. It is definitely the best database that I have ever worked in in my 8+ years in the nonprofit sector. I was able to learn most of the functions just by exploring the database. When I did have questions, the customer support is excellent. Bloomerang is also very receptive to user feedback and they are constantly making improvements.

What do you dislike?

The email feature works great for basic communications, but users used to more robust email platforms (i.e. Constant Contact, Emma, etc.) will miss some of the functionality/style choices. Otherwise, our experience has been excellent!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The staff at Bloomerang makes conversion very easy and requires very little from your staff. The process might seem daunting, but don't be intimidated by the process of switching databases. We switched in the middle of our holiday appeal, and it was still easy!

Bloomerang is so simple to use and requires so little training, that it is very easy to find help with data entry. We have a very small staff, so the efficiency that Bloomerang provides is very important to us!

Bloomerang review by Administrator in Fund-Raising
Administrator in Fund-Raising

"Taking the guesswork out of Fundraising"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang has a simple, easy to use interface that makes fundraising easy to understand. Their ranking guide and profile screens make evaluating prospects easy. Also, the unlimited user licenses allows us to get everyone logged on to input their own data.

What do you dislike?

Because it's a small, growing company, some of the Bloomerang options are currently limited. To create letters, you use a Word-like screen, but it's missing some of the flexibility we would like to customize our letter formatting. Also, we would like to have more options for user permissions. Some "View only" or severely limited user options would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to the Bloomerang staff and use the sandbox as much as possible. Spend time with your conversion team and your sample conversion to make sure that everything is exactly how you like it.

We are a widespread company with several offices. Bloomerang has allowed us to update on the fly from wherever we are, making sure that we're better able to track our donor interactions. It's been incredible to see how our fundraising efforts have grown since we've been able to see and track our success. The feedback from the system encourages even non-fundraisers.

Bloomerang review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Very straighforward and user friendly"

What do you like best?

I've used many different donor software suites over the years and found most of them are way more robust than the average non-profit needs them to be (Raiser's Edge, eTapestry, Convio...), but Bloomerang is perfect for our needs. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some of those much more expensive options have, but the ease of use of the basic options that it does have are key. Once you learn how to make custom reports, it's a snap to do. Customer service has also been great!

What do you dislike?

The process of adding a memorial donation is a bit cumbersome and has way more steps than it needs to. It seems as though it's something that they could fix relatively easily, so I'm hopeful this will be fixed in the future. Also, their basic donor page that they offer doesn't have an option for tribute giving, which I was a little surprised by. The "households" option is a little wonky to set up as well and we're still not 100% sure how that works, but we're hoping through some trainings we'll get a better grasp of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend Bloomerang to any small or mid sized non-profits. The best thing about it is how user friendly it is - you can have someone up and running with some of the basic functions literally in minutes.

Keeping a consistent, up to date and reliable donor database. Bloomerang makes it very easy to keep track of lapsed donors and helps us target specific people and companies to solicit.

Bloomerang review by Jacki W.
Jacki W.

"I Heart Bloomerang"

What do you like best?

I'm one year into Bloomerang as a one-person shop. Here's what I can say today about Bloomerang today. Easy to learn. Easy reporting. Great technical support. Perpetual training. Cost efficient.

What do you dislike?

No permissions levels. (It's great for a one-person shop, but then a challenge to bring in people who are kind of outsiders. If you want to limit their ability to see anything you can't).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mostly given in review

Managing donor relationships. Tracking correspondance. Donation reporting, etc.

Bloomerang review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Awesome Software, Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

The easiness of navigating through the database system and how easy it is to create reports! I also like that I am able to create relationships between donors and partners. On top of all of this, their customer service is amazing! You are able to talk online to a bloomerang rep immediately, and you do not have to go through the process of calling and talking to robots! Its great!

What do you dislike?

There isnt really anything that I dislike about Bloomerang, other than I wish that we could link our facebook to our profile! Twitter is the only social media outlet currently.

Our organization is just really starting to fundraise and seeking outside donors. This software has allowed me to see where the organization is lacking in terms of funds, and which donors to focus on!

Bloomerang review by Ann Y.
Ann Y.

"Bloomerang is one of the best!!!"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to use Bloomerang and create reports with ease also. One of the things I like the best is the availability of Bloomerang's Help Desk. They have an extremely quick response time and are very helpful. No question is too small or significant and they are wiling to help with any questions that you might have. They are also very encouraging and go above and beyond just helping with your Bloomerang issues. They seem to really care about you as an individual and not just an end user.

What do you dislike?

There are several limitations that we are trying to work out but what I do like about even the limitations of the software, they have a forum that you can voice your issues in hopes that their development team will take notice of your needs. I really can't tell you how that process works since we have only had the system for 6 months. One limitation is that you can't set security parameters for people that you want to have limited access to the system. None of the limitations are huge, just some things that would be helpful if they were fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think overall, I would highly recommend Bloomerang. There are a few things that I wish the system could do but I'm hopeful that Bloomerang will listen and will respond when they are able to.

We have been able to incorporate on line giving from our web site that goes directly to Bloomerang. Also recurring giving is easy to set up and it taken care of by Bloomerang with very little to do as a user. We have realized benefits through setting up our system exactly the way we want with added fields the way we want to run very specific reports. If reports seems to complicated to run, Bloomerang's help desk is always available and ready to help.

Bloomerang review by Jay W.
Jay W.

"CRM-Fundraising for the intuitive"

What do you like best?

The ease of generating reports is a facile feature for Bloomerang. The temperature gauge for contacts is a good feature to quickly ascertain where in the fundraising process a prospect lies.

What do you dislike?

Wish it could integrate tasks and appointments with Google calendar. Would like the ability to batch process changes that apply across the database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Encourage Bloomerang to develop:

ability to attach docs to contacts

add more titles to contacts.

Ability to add more options to Address Type in addition to Work, Home, and Vacation. Examples would be Physical and Mailing (especially for organizations).

About 95% of our constituents are entered with their work contact information. It would be nice to be able to set the Default to Work (now it is home)

Ability to upload a constituent profile image through some means other than linking to Facebook.

Main benefit is the ease in which to report across the team the results and process.

Bloomerang review by Cindy S.
Cindy S.

"Bloomerang"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is logical and easy to use. Entering and editing constituents is simple and straightforward. The Timeline is helpful to see interactions in a snapshot. Support is amazing. Online chat has been a lifesaver. The staff know their product and take the time to answer every question. The online training videos and the forums are great. You can also add ideas that you want Bloomerang to incorporate and other people can vote on them.

What do you dislike?

Reports filters are limiting. I would like to be able to run a report based on anything I can come up with and not a predefined set. Newsletters and emails could allow for more personal design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a clean database if you will be converting. Take advantage of all the training available. The videos and forums are wonderful. You can learn the system quickly and easily.

We use Bloomerang for fundraising and donor management. It has helped us with consistency of our message and with who we correspond with.

Bloomerang review by Erica  C.
Erica C.

"The software is easy to use and keeps track of what I need it to easily!"

What do you like best?

It's not a bloated system and is meant for people in small fundraising organizations!

What do you dislike?

I would have to say that I don't like some of how you can't back date stuff, which makes it hard when dealing with on-going employee donations that are payroll deduct and entered in after the fact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use for a small organization

Better donor tracking, better communication with donors, I can easily process payments now with a credit card which I couldn't do as easily as before. It's become more of a one stop shop as opposed to different programs having different information we have to combine.

Bloomerang review by Tess D.
Tess D.

"Loving Bloomerang"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is easy to use, highly intuitive and built to maximize donor retention. On top of all that, the customer service is outstanding! We have been working with Bloomerang for about a year now and have had truly superior customer service at every step - while vetting software programs, during the data conversion, in tech support, and in trainings. The people at Bloomerang are the best.

What do you dislike?

We are still relatively new users so we haven't run into any real challenges or problems yet. Only frustration to date is that the adage that if you enter junk you get junk data is true. We should have cleaned our data up more before we moved forward. As a result, we are still cleaning up our data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

High in usability, especially for less technically oriented staff. Great customer support by the people at Bloomerang.

The database has brought clarity to our data to such a point that we can now identify our best repeat donors. Trend analysis has been extremely insightful. Also, we finally have a place to capture donor contact information other than inside the minds of staff!

Bloomerang review by User

"Good option for non-profit constituent management"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty intuitive software and great help support.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would up-date name info after a constituent has been saved, i.e. if I change a first name I have to manually go to each profile to do that since it was saved once. I would like an option when running reports to make some tweaks and run it WITHOUT saving it. I wish the letter writing feature would allow me to utilize my Word sidebar with board member names.

It's a much smoother software for our constituent database management--including the reports we can run and ability to track specific campaign progress.

Bloomerang review by Amy B.
Amy B.

"Total Rave"

What do you like best?

It's rare to find someone in a group of fundraisers gushing about their donor software, but I'm routinely that person. Making the switch to Bloomerang has been one of my best decisions in my role as Development Director at a small independent school in Seattle. I work in a one-person-shop and need to have a CRM database that does a lot for me. I've found success in the email, record keeping, and donor insight tools that Bloomerang provides.

In addition, to significant ease of use, and a beautiful modern interface the customer service and support is truly where Bloomerang shines. I generally get a kind, helpful and thoughtful response over IM within seconds. From someone who is knowledgeable and truly "inside" the inner workings of the database. I often feel lucky to have the team as a resource to ask questions and bounce ideas when I'm stuck.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that I've suggested that haven't yet come to fruition. Most notably, I'd like to be able to show the dashboard by fiscal year and have an option for batch entry along with a few other minor changes. It would also be nice to have a more robust and easier to edit email function - I'm hopeful that those will improve in the coming years.

I use Bloomerang as a donor database and communications solution.

Bloomerang review by Ashleigh G.
Ashleigh G.

"Great for our growing organization!"

What do you like best?

Our organization was ready to move to a database for the first time, and Bloomerang has been a great solution. Bloomerang gives us reliable, consistent data and reports in a user-friendly platform, plus we use it to track stewardship actions, grants, and more. It's a streamlined platform that meets our needs today and will grow along with us in the future. I have also found it really easy to train interns and volunteers on certain tasks, like entering contact reports and running acknowledgement letters.

What do you dislike?

There is not currently an easy way to enter complex gifts (split gifts, gifts with multiple stock share sale prices, etc). Most of our gifts are not complicated, however, so it's not an issue for us right now - and there are work-arounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used several fundraising databases, and I can confidently say that Bloomerang is the only one that I have ever loved using. It does exactly what I need it to in a really manageable, intuitive platform. My experiences with Bloomerang customer service have been outstanding.

Bloomerang is helping us to further professionalize our fundraising. The ability to pull clean, consistent data and a wide variety of reports is helping us to track our efforts more strategically and really push ourselves to grow.

Bloomerang review by Danica D.
Danica D.

"Bloomerang is a user-friendly system that provides a clean and easy way to engage your donor base."

What do you like best?

• It is easy to define a constituent’s recognition name, envelope name, informal name, etc. which makes merging documents seamless.

• In the event that you accidentally attribute a gift to an organization rather than an individual or create two profiles for the same constituent, it is easy to merge records and change record types.

• The search tool is quick and efficient.

• Reports are easily downloaded into Excel.

• System and profile dashboards give quick summaries of data, which are especially helpful for organization staff who may not be in the system every day.

• Constituent profiles have different tabs to show different information, but the constituent’s name, contact info, and picture stay at the top which makes it easy to jump between records without confusion.

• Credit card processor integration with Stripe and BluePay make accepting online donations very donor-friendly.

What do you dislike?

• When uploading information, the system errs on the side of duplicating records – there’s no automatic suggestions for matching new data with existing records, so unless what you’re uploading is exactly the same as the existing information (down to the punctuation), the info won’t be merged.

• Exported letters are only downloadable in PDF form, which prevents any touch-ups or personal notes before printing. Having the option to export to Word would make forming personal relationships with each donor easier.

• System and profile dashboards aren’t very customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bloomerang is a user-friendly, affordable donor database system that provides a clean and easy way to track and reenergize your donor base. Bloomerang is a newer system, so while there are certain functions that could be improved, the Bloomerang staff is very responsive to questions and suggestions so any cons may not stay cons for long.

Bloomerang has allowed our organization to streamline our donation record-keeping, donation acknowledgement, and donor communication processes to maximize our donor relationships. Use of the integrated Stripe online donation processor has simplified and expanded our capacity to garner online gifts, and the timeline functionality has greatly improved our team's communication about grant deadlines and moves management.

Bloomerang review by Kate H.
Kate H.

"Bloomerang has vastly improved our fundraising efforts"

What do you like best?

Before using Bloomerang, our organization did not have a consistent system in place for maintaining donor records. Bloomerang has helped us streamline our donor data management, improve our turnaround time for thanking donors, and has made it much easier to send out mail and e-mail appeals. We have also moved our e-newsletter into Bloomerang, so all our information is in one place.

What do you dislike?

It took a little time to get comfortable with all the functions that Bloomerang offers, such as running reports and generating appeals, but Bloomerang's staff has been extremely helpful in walking us through the process.

We were able to raise significantly more money this year, because Bloomerang has helped us get better organized and has reduced the amount of time it takes to send out an appeal, allowing us to send appeals more often. Our online donors appreciate getting thank-you notes by e-mail immediately after making donations, and happy donors are more likely to give again.

Bloomerang review by Lisa N.
Lisa N.

"Great donor management software for mid-size non-profit"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is ideal for agencies that are looking for a straightforward interface with the ability to customize fields and reports to your needs. Their social media integration, relationship tracking, and interaction fields takes our ability to get to know donors to another level. The import function, once you get the hang of it, is an incredible time saver. The ability to embed online donations via a custom Bloomerang form into our website has increased our online donations significantly. The program is continually improving and the customer service is excellent.

What do you dislike?

The biggest thing is we would love for the process for tribute donations (for honorarium and memorial gifts) to be easier from start to finish. On a smaller scale, we'd rather have letters export to Word, an easier way to catch duplicate or incomplete records, and reports formatted more professionally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the conversion process to clean up your current database (are there any fields that you can combine, are there any data inconsistencies that you can fix). The only issue we had when we converted was when all entries into our "Date Constituent Added" field changed from the date we entered the constituent into our system to the date that we imported into Bloomerang. We had to go back through with a custom field and manually re-enter all "constituent add" dates. The customization ability is great, but as a user be careful to not get it too cluttered!

We wanted to be able to customize the information that we put into our database, and customize the reports that we got out of it. Bloomerang allows us to add custom fields for constituents, transactions, interactions, and more. As a result, we don't have to use as many spreadsheets or programs to track events, volunteer hours, or donor groups which saves us time and money.

An online donation form directly embedded into our website was also extremely important. Bloomerang helped us create a custom donation form. This form is easy for donors to use and because donations go directly into Bloomerang, it cuts down on double-input. Our online donations have gone up significantly since our switch to Bloomerang.

Bloomerang review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"Bloomerang is a start-up's best friend"

What do you like best?

Having spent a lot of time reviewing the donor management system options available to my organization -- a start-up non-profit whose mission is to provide meaningful cultural and creative experiences to people living with dementia and their families -- it became clear that the only option that made sense for us was Bloomerang. We have found Bloomerang to be incredibly user-friendly and its grounding in research is particularly useful as we feel we not only receive good information storage and retrieval from using Bloomerang -- we receive professional and practical guidance on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

Right now, the only regret I have about using Bloomerang is that it does not integrate with MailChimp, which we use for all of our mailings. While I am content to use Bloomerang for some forms of donor correspondence, its design and data tracking features just aren't up to snuff when compared with Mail Chimp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I could not be more enthusiastic in my recommendation that you try Bloomerang. You won't regret it!

We are an organization with only one full-time, paid professional staff person at this time. The capacity we have gained through using Bloomerang to track donor and other constituent information in real time and to monitor our fundraising achievements (or -- sometimes -- lack thereof) is invaluable as it is all concentrated in one place, one set of tools. Bloomerang even helps us to connect with and track our volunteers, and since we rely substantially on volunteer assistance, this is just another wonderful benefit to our organization.

Bloomerang review by Julie D.
Julie D.

"Great Features and User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

Bloomerang has all the features you would want in donor management software but is much more user-friendly than its competitors. Even those who are not as tech savvy can learn Bloomerang quickly and use it effectively.

What do you dislike?

Bloomerang is constantly improving their software so you may have to wait for a bell or whistle but they are always taking feedback and adding features so you aren't really missing anything you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial and you will see immediately how much easier Bloomerang is to use than its competitors.

We needed to have all of our donors and relationships for our two locations all in one place. Bloomerang solved that problem. Now our staff can update profiles, add donations, send fundraising emails, and more from anywhere, and all of our donor information is in one place. Bloomerang replaced 5 different programs and services we had been using and brought it all into one program.

Bloomerang review by P Tyrone S.
P Tyrone S.

"Robust and Still Needs Missing Features"

What do you like best?

Interface with donation pages, email, marketing, and acknowledgments. Custom field options and set up; constituent timeline. Robust and easy to use reporting and filtering. Households vs Individuals.

What do you dislike?

Inability for mass updates to existing records. Limited design features for letters and email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best donor CRMs on the market and I've reviewed at least a dozen.

Migrated from spreadsheet to a database. Data to bookkeeper. Track Constituent engagements.

Bloomerang review by Tom M.
Tom M.

"We love Bloomerang! We chose it over several competitors and have absolutely no regrets."

What do you like best?

The ease of data entry, conformable report forms and dashboard. They also make regular updates, provide new add-ons and have robust support. Their resource library and live (and recorded) webinars are tops.

What do you dislike?

So far, not much at all. We continue to find reasons to love Bloomerang.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bloomerang was the donor database for us. Take a good look at it. I have a hunch you'll like what you find. It just might be the one for you, too.

Gift tracking. Donor research. Touchpoint recording. Gift reporting and tracking. Donor frequency, passion and involvement. Year-end tax reports are a breeze.

Bloomerang review by Kari P.
Kari P.

"Bloomerang has made my life so much easier!!"

What do you like best?

I love the reports! I can give direction at board meetings based on facts as presented in easy to understand reports form Bloomerang. I like the designation of a cold donor, warm donor, hot donor, and one that is on fire! Information is quick and easy to obtain.

I also love the email and newsletter formats. We are a small organization that looks like we are one of the big guys. That makes a big difference when approaching businesses for donations. It shows that we are establish and in it for the long haul.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could sync with Quick Books so I wouldn't have to enter donations twice.

I am communicating better with professional looking newsletters and emails. And being able to quickly review my donor base to see where I need to spend my time and energy is a huge time saver.

Bloomerang review by Shanna H.
Shanna H.

"Bloomerang Review -- Wyoming Food Bank of the Rockies "

What do you like best?

We like everything about Bloomerang! It is user friendly, intuitive and easy to navigate. The results we get are what we ask for and since we have been using this product, we no longer waste valuable time waiting for resolution to our problems. Very economic.

What do you dislike?

At this time there is nothing we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the cost/benefit analysis -- you will be doing everything right by going with Bloomerang.

We are a food bank and as many other non-profits, we want to focus on certain areas that will help our fundraising. We can easily broaden or narrow our searches/reports without spending hours of staff time. Customer service is outstanding.

Bloomerang review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"A Great Tool for Non-Profit Fundraising"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and intuitive like layout/structure.

What do you dislike?

The inclusion of "household" records along with individual records is a little messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure they have the capabilities you will be needing. Some times I've found it limited in the email/letter functionality.

We have upped our donor retention from 52 to 64%. More employees can use the database and research donors.

Bloomerang review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Bloomerang came to our rescue! "

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is simple to use and is incredibly affordable. Our old donor software did not allow for even half of the customization that Bloomerang affords. We love the custom fields in the constituent records and the ability to be able to add a wide array of information about each donor. Plus, being able to create notes and interactions have enabled us to better understand our donors in ways we never have before.

The customer service team is AMAZING and they answer every question in a timely matter. Not only do they solve problems but they explain the HOW and the WHY behind what you are doing so that you can actually learn and grow.

The online donation forms on our website sync seamlessly with Bloomerang's records and we are able to quickly see who has given to us online order to capitalize on thanking them. Acknowledgement letters are generated more quickly than ever before. In addition, we are switching over to using Bloomerang as our mass email program and it is so easy to generate templates.

The reporting features on Bloomerang have allowed us to send more tailored asks based off of future giving capacity. Furthermore, we better understand which donors we are retaining and which ones we aren't, so our fundraising strategies have become more targeted and direct.

Due to the simplicity of the design, interns and volunteers are able to help us clean or add constituent records. This is important because we have very few people involved with fundraising so having people who can hop on board easily is crucial to our team.

Finally, Bloomerang offers a bunch of great free tools and webinars that are very helpful.

Overall, we are having our best year to-date and we firmly believe that Bloomerang is a huge part of this!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing that our team doesn't like about Bloomerang (no really!!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bloomerang is rapidly changing and constantly offering new features.

We are able to tailor our fundraising strategies for each and every donor due to the reporting features that Bloomerang offers. We now also understand which donors we are retaining and which ones we aren't, so we are able to integrate strategies to help bring them back to our organization.

Bloomerang review by Ellen S.
Ellen S.

"Great donor database"

What do you like best?

Easy to use from donation entry to running reports and more, and support is quick and responsive to help with any questions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of - it has been easy to use and implement

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, easy to use

Getting clear, concise picture of who gives to us and when - helping us identify our prospects and increase our donations.

Bloomerang review by Clare R.
Clare R.

"Fairly intuitive for the beginning steps, but requires a bit more research for advanced tasks."

What do you like best?

The ability to write letters and search donors.

What do you dislike?

The household component (can be confusing to make a household while simultaneously having an individual donor). The amount of input needed for upkeep due to outside donations and handwritten cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule time to watch webinars!

All donors or potential donors are given a profile to assure that new relationships will not be lost in staff transition or time.

Bloomerang review by Gail R.
Gail R.

"Bloomerang has allowed us to improve our donor stewardship"

What do you like best?

Changing your database when you are an established non-profit is a daunting experience. We made the switch almost 2 years ago and have been very happy we did. The interface is clean and clear and so easy to navigate compared to our previous database which made getting reports challenging. Now, with a few clicks, I can really dive in to my data and this has allowed us to do a much better job of donor stewardship. I love being able to quickly see a snapshot of the donor history along with an assessment of how close they are to our organization (cold, cool, warm, on fire). Switching to Bloomerang has made me realize how important it is to be able to pull data easily in order to make operational decisions that have the most impact.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see an email feature that lets you send one email - right now you set the filters so it does a mass email to just one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have never regretted making the switch. Bloomerang continues to add new features and I hope to have the time soon to work with some of them as it appears they will further enhance the product. I have a new admin person starting and her first job will be to do all of the webinars offered by Bloomerang.

It is very easy to use, which allows us to have volunteers do data entry and that increases the efficiency of our staff. We can upload interactions which means we can have information about who attended our events even when we use a third party ticket site. We love that it is web-based and can be accessed anywhere. The biggest benefit is that it has increased our ability to tailor our communications to donors by making our data and donor histories so easy to access. This has helped us improve our donor stewardship strategies and results.

Bloomerang review by Teri S.
Teri S.

"Arts @ Large: The Bloomerang Experience"

What do you like best?

Since the inception of our relationship with Bloomerang, our staff usage of this data base platform has increased exponentially. The ease of use, support and flexibility have been very satisfying.

What do you dislike?

The Bluepay function has been challenging.

Reaching more constituents, being more responsive to stakeholder needs and monitoring our interactions with donors and potential donors has been a tremendous benefit to Arts @ Large.

Bloomerang review by Administrator in Civic & Social Organization
Administrator in Civic & Social Organization

"Very useful, yet developing donor software"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the user friendly interface and functionality that is well suited to nonprofit fundraising.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the dated email software that has very limited capacity for customization, although it does do its most basic job of sending/tracking emails.

Bloomerang has consolidated our large Excel and Access donor contact list to a very robust and efficient source of information, as well as central hub for our organization's donor relations. We are pleased with how Bloomerang has help us know our constituents better and thereby has generated a increase in giving and online donor support to our organization.

Bloomerang review by Administrator in Public Policy
Administrator in Public Policy

"Good for What it Promises"

What do you like best?

I think Bloomerang is good for the basic system and features it promises. The email system is easy enough for anyone to use.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to customize or modify Bloomerang to fit different organizational needs. While the basic features all work, the system isn't made to handle or manage more complex databases. With other systems I've used they've been eager to help make services work best for my group, whereas Bloomerang seems quick to say no and leave you with what you have.

It's helped manage our email database and track donors. The donation tracking tools work well.

Bloomerang review by Glenda F.
Glenda F.

"User Friendly and Excellent Support "

What do you like best?

I like the user friendly program and the excellent support for anything you need

What do you dislike?

Not being able to split donations other than that nothing.

We have been through multiple donor software programs and this one is hands down the easiest to navigate with and excellent support team

Bloomerang review by Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.

"Bloomerang - on the way to something great"

What do you like best?

The interface is very straightforward. It's very easy to figure out what you want to do.

The filter system for running reports is intuitive.

The software gives you lots of flexibility in creating your own fields for tracking purposes.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes run into reporting issues when I want to filter something in a complex way. I often have to readjust my results in Excel. I would rather be able to do it all in Bloomerang.

Another issue: the letter generation only produces pdfs, so you're not able to modify letters. I now generate an excel document and do a mail merge, but if you do this, Bloomerang doesn't recognize that a letter was generated and, therefore, the donor was acknowledged. You have to put this in manually, which can become burdensome if you have a large volume of letters.

These are examples of the issues I've run into, but I do know that it's a growing company who's team is working on improving user experience all the time by integrating new features. Many of these issues may go away with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're small to mid-size, this software is a good option. I wish it was built out more, but I imagine many of my issues will go away as the company expands.

This product has allowed us to shed unused and/or unnecessary data features from our previous software. We're paying much less for what we really need.

Bloomerang review by Kara N.
Kara N.

"rocky conversion, excellent donor management software and training, weak newlsetter function"

What do you like best?

it's an excellent, flexible donor management system. It has a very good, varied training component and seem to be interested in improving functionality on a continual basis. The company is focused on nonprofit fundraising use which is excellent.

What do you dislike?

newsletter format is rigid and not user-friendly. not very customizable and doesn't look sharp. has a poor NGO feel to it.

We had a rough data conversion that could have been better managed. I think organizations with more straightforward data transfers might not come across same problems we did (process was much longer than was originally promised).

Recommendations to others considering the product

if I was able to have my rating reflect only the donor management system, I would grade it higher. It's the newsletter function which makes me grade my satisfaction lower. The newsletter function needs work, BUT it does allow for an integrated system, which is very handy. As an organization we are pleased with Bloomerang and are able to recommend it.

the donor managment aspect has a very easy and intuitive interface which is pleasant to use. It is helping us organize a truly disparate and unevenly managed donor relations history.

the Bloomerang trainings are keeping us abreast of best practices and showing us how to implement them.

Bloomerang review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Pretty darn impressed...."

What do you like best?

We have a smaller amount of donors, so Bloomerang is incredibly cost effective for us, and it's really well put together! It's user friendly, well built to serve the needs of a nonprofit like ours, and I can't say enough good things about their support. We paid for additional phone support the first few months, but the standard email and chat assistance is honestly more than enough to get through any problems we've had.

Plus, they're open to feedback and looking to continue to improve! Their forums, webinars, and help videos are all well done and handy.

Bloomerang incorporates donor engagement, and specializes in donor retention. It's built with advice from heavy non-profit hitters like Tom Ahern, and even checks to see if you're writing your letters at a higher than recommended grade level!

It has the ability to coordinate your donations with Stripe and Bluepay, and can be integrated with your webpages. If you use it to send out emails, it will even consider clickthroughs as part of your donor engagement. We're not currently using these features, but a girl can dream!

The demo blew me away. It's definitely worth considering.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot...It's donor tracking at it's best--I haven't tested out volunteer things or grant making abilities--it might fall short if you're comparing it to a Raiser's Edge or something HUGE like that. But, for me, Raiser's Edge is way too much, way too expensive, and way too difficult to understand. For a nonprofit of our size with our donor pool, it's been really helpful.

I feel like Bloomerang has hit it out of the park, and unless you're the kind of nonprofit that has dedicated staff that are solely focused on database management, then you'll benefit from Bloomerang.

If you don't have a database, or don't love your database, I think Bloomerang is a good one to consider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it. It should be at the top of your list, especially if you have a small donor list, as it's incredibly cost effective.

We previously had messy donor information, duplicate records, and we were always struggling to pull accurate and understandable reports. Bloomerang has helped us create a system that we like, we are happy to use, and that accurately gauges our donor's level of engagement.

I'm such a fan of Bloomerang that I recommend it regularly to other nonprofits. I did an off the cuff demo to another interested gal yesterday, and she was also duly impressed.

If you are someone who uses best practices in your fundraising, you'll see an impressive attention to detail in understanding what makes a donor loyal and increases retention.

Bloomerang review by User

"Good experience. I use it mostly for pulling reports for invite lists and sponsorship letters"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Very similar to current Microsoft window based programs

What do you dislike?

I can't pull donors in multiple zip codes such as people who donated over $100 in postal code xxx, xxx, xxx, and xxxx.

Also, some of our volunteers are in our member database which is separate from Bloomerang (our donor database) Would have loved if we could combine both databases

Also, sorry, more dislikes but it is easier to complain.....I would like a separate box for the 2nd line of someone's address. For example if it is 500 Sassafras Lane, Suite 17B. I would like Suite 17B in a separate box so when I download a list to excel spreadsheet the Suite 17B would be in a separate cell/column.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our marketing director tried it out but I think more people should try it before switching any software

I use it for invite lists and for sponsorship letters. The benefits are easy to write reports. It is so easy to manipulate columns and to summarize the data.

Bloomerang review by Ben N.
Ben N.

"Very satisfied customer. "

What do you like best?

It is a very intuitive system. You don't need hours of classes to be able to use the program.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to edit several constituent records at once. I sometimes have to spend hours correcting something that was imported incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for 10,000 records or less. Probably would work for more but, I haven't had the opportunity to find out.

Our old system was very cumbersome and needed constant continual education to operate. We save hundreds of hours now.

Bloomerang review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"Bloomerang is perfect for Non-Profit CRM "

What do you like best?

Bloomerang is a simple to use CRM, donor database and fundraising software solution that helps nonprofits decrease donor attrition and increase revenue. You are able to build and deploy marketing emails using their built-in templates, and get easy to understand analytics on their performance.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything that I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

View the free on-line seminars before buying to see if this product is right for you.

This is a cost effective method of managing our donor base and analyzing our campaign performances.

Bloomerang review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"LVGH Bloomerang Review "

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is. Anyone can use it and its very easy to see what you are looking at. For a smaller non-profit its perfect because you can get everything you need for a low cost.

What do you dislike?

I dont like how the thank you notes come out in PDF. It is hard to re-do if you make a mistake, and its also hard to customize a thank you note because they dont come out in Word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just buy it! It will help you in the long run and save you a lot of time.

We are working on building our major donor portfolio and Bloomerang is helping us keep track of everything we are doing to build that program.

Bloomerang review by Executive D.
Executive D.

"Bloomerang- makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

As a small shop, we utilized another system that is well known by name, it difficult to know by intuitive actions. We switched to Bloomerang at the start of our fiscal year & it's been smooth sailing since. Pulling reports, entering data, setting up online giving portal, constituent communication- it's all a snap. The access to instant assistance should a question come up and quick answers is amazing. Continued online training & education is greatly appreciated. Highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

So far, so good. If there is an issue, I add a note to the area on Bloomerang for suggestion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it & don't give it a second thought.

NO problems with current system. We've realized ease of use, less time spent on managing database.

Bloomerang review by Vivian M.
Vivian M.

"Helpful for paperless alternative"

What do you like best?

The automated thank you emails are great

What do you dislike?

Creating events/ticketing can be tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be nice if selling and buying tickets were