Bloomfire

Bloomfire

Bloomfire supports Sales, Marketing, HR, and Help Desk teams by creating a centralized place for training, onboarding, knowledge sharing, and social learning to unify your organization.

Work for Bloomfire?

Learning about Bloomfire?

Bloomfire Reviews

Ask Bloomfire a Question
Showing 127 Bloomfire reviews
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bloomfire
Bloomfire review by Jess V.
Jess V.

"Excellent internal Knowledge Management software"

What do you like best?

Bloomfire is so simple and clean - it's easy for users to figure out and it's easy for admin to set up and maintain.

The company has their sales, onboarding, and support processes dialed - when you send a support ticket, you get an answer promptly, and in my experience, most tickets are resolved same day.

The features of the tool are super useful and relevant: search is amazing, the screencast tool is almost life-changing, and all the small features like Bookmark, Bump to Top of Feed, and Interests are terrific.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we've struggled with is the lack of true document versioning, but the recent duplicate document/media feature has helped with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We chose this tool because of its simplicity - if you want all the bells and whistles (like chat, messaging, social aspects, etc.), this tool is NOT for you. If you want a clean, easy-to-use software for sharing what company knowledge, sales tips, and trainings, this tool IS for you. The customer support team is incredibly knowledgeable and eager to help - they were a great resource through the entire process and have continued to be a helpful part of implementing and maintaining Bloomfire.

We have a lot of teams doing similar things and not collaborating well - Bloomfire has helped break down silos across teams. We've also had a hard time with shared document storage on Google Drive - Bloomfire has opened up sharing in an engaging, easy-to-use way.

What Knowledge Management solution do you use?

Bloomfire review by Elise D.
Elise D.

"Bloomfire enables knowledge sharing with powerful curation features and simple UI"

What do you like best?

The platform is simple and demonstrates value quickly. The team at Bloomfire does a great job of thinking beyond the platform and providing materials and customized advice about how to implement their tool effectively. What stood out to me about Bloomfire from a content management perspective was the many ways they make it possible to group content. The Series feature in particular is fantastic and, altogether, I'm confident that their focus on enabling knowledge curation will contribute to the long-term success of using their knowledge management solution.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more transparency and communication from the Bloomfire team regarding their development roadmap. They are eager to hear feedback and new ideas for the product, which is great, and I'd love to see them take it a step further by sharing their development plans with their user base more consistently. I believe that they are working toward being more transparent, and I look forward to seeing what they come up with!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your goal is to enable knowledge sharing in a centralized platform at your organization, Bloomfire is worth assessing.

Lack of clarity about what constitutes a final solution/decision. The ability to select an accepted answer to questions in Bloomfire has motivated us to take seriously the process of making sure outstanding issues get resolved.

Important discussions & discoveries getting lost in email. Having one centralized place for knowledge to go & be found saves headache and angst and, ultimately, time & resources.

Bloomfire review by User

"BloomFire Is amazing "

What do you like best?

How it allows us to make it into our own work data base. We search for anything that needs an answer and boom its there due to the fact we can add everything under the sun we need for an amazing work experience

What do you dislike?

When it goes down sometimes. it makes it hard to have to wait for the right answer when we use it everyday and things change so much in our company so it makes it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep on going. This product is amazing and i am so happy we use it on a regular bases

As stated above, I love this thing. Its helped me know everything that has been updated simply by searching and we no longer have to have a thousand papers and dig in our desks to find it. Now all our work is at the tip of our finger tips..

Bloomfire review by User

"A great place to collaborate and curate assets in a fast paced technical sales organisation"

What do you like best?

Bloomfire allows me to publish my assets and ideas to the wider community so that we can drive efficiencies and reuse across our community. It is easy to use, easy to give and receive feedback and really stimulates the conversation with on deeply technical topics with your peers. I use bloomfire all the time and would be much worse off with out it.

What do you dislike?

I have to say, there is not much I don't like about the platform. It has a good design, it's easy to use, simple to search, integrates well with document sources.

in a globally distributed team it is essential to have tools and platforms to collaborate and curate assets. I think we have driven a lot of time saving through reusing the assets that have been published to bloomfire. Key benefits are speed, reuse and quality

Bloomfire review by Kate C.
Kate C.

"Communications Management for growing Customer Success Team"

What do you like best?

Bloomfire allows our growing Customer Success team to collaborate, share best practices, and fun tips & tricks. The digest feature allows users to control the frequency of updates and has significantly cut down on our internal emails.

What do you dislike?

The workflow for posting new content changed recently, and several of our posts did not include header images. We went back in and updated since we were missing all of the dog and baby memes!

We have significantly cut down on the number of internal emails and Bloomfire allows us to save content over a longer time period than our email retention policy allows.

Bloomfire review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"A nice place for all collateral to live"

What do you like best?

I used to have to search through all my emails for important marketing collateral or recordings of our sales meetings but now all of that info lives in Bloomfire. The ability to search through all the content in Bloomfire is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have trouble previewing the documents in Bloomfire so I just end up downloading them but that's not a big deal

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes some getting used to in terms of how to search for content and in what order it's displayed but it's relatively intuitive. I'd suggest that whoever uploads the Bloomfire content at your company use very basic/descriptive titles for all the documents since that's generally all you see when they are listed

We no longer have to repeatedly send out content to appropriate people - it now lives in one place forever.

Bloomfire review by Max S.
Max S.

"Great repository but a very opinionated knowledgebase"

What do you like best?

Organization of content and types is very useful and makes it easy for users to understand.

The ease of content creation has also been very helpful in getting all our users to author things.

What do you dislike?

Permissions and data architecture is not aligned with the way we work. Groups act as the boundaries for information and cause posts to end up in multiple places. The result is disparate answers to the same question which cannot be brought together without an added cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Defining the structure of the knowledge base your organization needs without the tool in mind is paramount. Changes to the Bloomfire platform make the structure a bit more fluid, but any solution chosen here should fit your org. I do not believe that your knowledge should be restructured to fit the tool.

2) Get your knowledge organized while looking for a provider of a solution. We were delayed on launch due to internal timelines related to getting info into the system.

Bloomfire offers services to help, but having everything organized first will help in those conversations greatly.

Solves for:

Storage of our business' collective knowledge.

Documentation of our business processes.

Forum to answer product, operational or market questions as they relate to our business.

Each of these problems have been solved with Bloomfire. The largest realized benefit is the fact that this is now our collective brain. If we know something, it is in Bloomfire. That we do not need to navigate various systems is amazing.

Bloomfire review by Ralph V.
Ralph V.

"Bloomfire delivers support documentation and sales materials to our entire staff worldwide."

What do you like best?

The search in Bloomfire is fantastic. Between the titles, categories and tags most things in our knowledge base are easily found. Add in the ability to search within PDF files and transcribe our videos and the platform stands alone. I really like the easy of use in creating new content. We can upload almost any file type and have Bloomfire display it on our desktops or mobile devices accurately and without having to reformat our content.

What do you dislike?

The cost per each user. Everyone in the company loves Bloomfire but the cost prohibits us from giving everyone a membership. We tend to have to share logins for some offices and departments. The other thing is the Tags. this is kind of clunky and allows you to basically enter in anything, misspelled and fragmented words, etc. There needs to be some form of tag management as well as a way to enforce the data integrity of tags. Categories can also use to be improved upon similar to tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looking at the competitors products, there was really only one choice. Bloomfire is leaps above the others we tested. Ease of use and roll-out to employees is effortless.

We have eliminated the constant back and forth of outdated documents by having everything referenced on Bloomfire. We no longer have international representatives using out-dated sales materials of product quotes. We delivery up to date documents to our people and sales staff directly through the platform and allow them to download content to have when they are in remote locations.

Bloomfire review by Administrator

"A wiki solution that isn't a wiki"

What do you like best?

Simple easy to use layout. User-friendly UX that requires very little training.

Super powerful search allows you to find what you are looking for very quickly.

Groups allow you to divide user groups and information that may not be relevant to all users.

Great support team to work with who are always making improvements and collaborating with the admins and instance owners.

What do you dislike?

Some design elements I think could be improved - but I know they are working on these and I feel heard when I voice these dislikes to my support reps

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great easy to use knowledge hub, I highly recommend Bloomfire. The way the platform works is a great combination of social media, online shopping and wiki site. together this makes it really easy to use for almost any user.

Frontline and contact center training and knowledge sharing. We are now able to have one hub of all our different product information as well as a location for Marketing to communicate new promotions to our front line sales team. This means both the sales teams get what they need and the marketing team has the reassurance of alignment on communication to guests and customers on all fronts.

Bloomfire review by Glynnis  G.
Glynnis G.

"Bloomfire = LifeSaver #elevateknowledge "

What do you like best?

Bloomfire allows the company to keep all content in one place. It is extremely user friendly and approachable.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues when downloading content when using an iPad Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have content that your people need, whether they are clients or employees, Bloomfire is for you. Your company can delegate who sees what content, is able to curate your content and break down those information silos that exist in all companies.

We are housing our content, keeping it organized, and allowing our clients to access collateral they need on one platform!

Bloomfire review by Jeff M.
Jeff M.

"Best Community Development Product by Far!"

What do you like best?

I love the search function and the mobility app the most. So user friendly and flexible for various learning and content management functionality.

Also, their customer service level is off the charts. Their culture is strong and they truly show they care about me as a business in helping us meet our goals. They are so flexible and supportive as well.

What do you dislike?

Only selfishly, I wish I could get some enhancements added faster but they are open to my suggestions for changes. I do recognize that I'm one customer of many and that they need to prioritize these suggestions. I do appreciate that they at listen and welcome ideas for changes/improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bloomfire is a user-friendly social platform that enables users to post, question, and consume information in a "system" that helps drive engagement and learning. The mobility function via their app is fantastic and separates them from their competition and was a primary driver for us using their tool.

Plus, their staff is customer-focused and responsive to our needs so you truly feel the value of the partnership.

Access and speed to information faster (efficiency gains)

Content management to ensure the right information can be found faster and easier.

Bloomfire review by Diana P.
Diana P.

"Finally, a user friendly tool that your users won't hate using!"

What do you like best?

User interface requires no training and is familiar to anyone who has ever used a computer.

What do you dislike?

Administration is a bit more hands on than I'd prefer, but the client team is always available to jump in and take care of things for me when I'm too busy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

go to their user conference to hear from other customers and talk with the teams live. Bloomfire is also excellent at listening to customer feedback and constantly improving tool based on our ideas and feedback

We spend millions of dollars on research every year, and in the past, when employees left or moved teams, that research was lost forever and would sometimes even be redone. Also, traditional "folder" structure is not intuitive and wastes time uncovering the wrong documents. Bloomfire help's us organize all our research, keep track of it to avoid duplication, and saves users on average 20-30 minutes of search time.

Bloomfire review by Khaliq R.
Khaliq R.

"You couldn't ask for a better and simple knowledge management system!"

What do you like best?

The layout is so well developed and easy to navigate. We in the e-commerce space know how valuable "tags" are for online businesses and the fact that they are being applied in the Bloomfire platform definitely gives us a sense of joy.

The imagery and design of each contribution makes knowledge management fun and not a boring information library.

What do you dislike?

I personally haven't had any issues with it thus far. We have only had the product for a few months and it has been great so far. As more information is populated and complex files get added, we may get a better gauge of some of the discrepancies.

So for so good!

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Super easy to use

- Great layout

- Strong set of functionalities

- User friendly

- Compatible with various formats

- The company is really moving in the right direction towards a success in the tech space

Business Problem: Our previous knowledge management system wasn't well administered, wasn't user friendly and wasn't leveraged to its full capacity.

Benefits:

- Ease of use made it more comfortable for people to get accustomed to the platform

- Well-designed layout gave it a "cool" feeling to use

- People love to contribute in anyway possible and the use of the word "contribute" really was a great marketing play!

Bloomfire review by Trevor S.
Trevor S.

"Categorization at its Finest "

What do you like best?

Bloomfire has a very effective search mechanism that sifts through all existing articles and pulls articles with the requested title and/or keywords. Although it isn't perfect, I found that it does a very good job. Furthermore, the Series feature allows you to group documents that are relevant and still have them equally accessible, which isn't possible if you are simply using a database like DropBox or Google Drive. Lastly, the feedback portion ensures that writers are constantly being recognized for and improving their articles.

What do you dislike?

Although I give the search functionality a lot of praise, it is not perfect. I also wish that Bloomfire could be made into more of a community than simply a resource; if I'm looking for a specific topic or article I can find it, but it is difficult to simply soak in information from articles that is relevant to my job, because the content is not curated in any way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out the purpose of why you want to use Bloomfire; if it is simply to archive information, then it may be a better idea to go with a system like Google Drive or DropBox. However, if you are looking to create dynamic content that is easily accessible and will be visited often, look to Bloomfire!

We work in the e-commerce sector, and therefore we are trying to make it easier for everyone, specifically high-volume merchants, to sell online. The benefits of Bloomfire is that it can be used as a database for our case studies, of which there are many, and we can categorize them using a number of criteria that make it easy to find on-the-go.

Bloomfire review by Charlie M.
Charlie M.

"Excellent knowledge cpature tool that is simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Search driven and easy to upload content to. Mobile integration means we can get alerts on new content which is great.

What do you dislike?

Not much is bad about this at all - most staff use it without issue. If I was to pick one thing, it would be good to have a bit more version control tools, to avoid people uploading new versions of the same thing by mistake. But that's a minor niggle, not a major problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bloomfire is one of many tools that can support knowledge capture. We like it because its interface is simple and its search seems to cope pretty well with rubbish content. It's not fussy about uploads meaning that it's easy for anyone to contribute. I would recommend that others considering these types of tools trial them rather than just look at features. Usability is really important, and I think Bloomfire does well in its simple, clean interfaces.

We transitioned the bulk of our internal templates, resources and reference lists, company news stories and interest pieces to Bloomfire. It's been great. It's so much easier to find things and

Bloomfire review by Jake B.
Jake B.

"Content rich portals provide information, project status and look ahead to upcoming events."

What do you like best?

Once you learn how to correct;ly build a community portal and seed it with good, useful information the project members naturally start to use it and then begin to add to it. If built correctly, the maintenance is low and new content grows naturally. When we send out the minutes of a project meeting, we just add the portal as a member of the project and the latest minutes magically appear under the 'Minutes' series.

What do you dislike?

We do have overlapping projects and we have not found a good way to handle these overlaps. One way is duplicate posts but it would be nice to have a more formal way to handle two groups that have some information that's completely separate and other posts which are private to the group. We also need to manage groups of people and not just individuals. Most projects are staffed by teams in different groups and in different locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get all of your data organized into less than a dozen folders. Decide which data needs higher security, limited access, and when it should be removed. We put older data into an archive each month to keep the site fresh. We also make the project managers responsible for good, accurate and useful information. If there are bugs, problems, inaccurate data, etc. they get a not-so-nice call from our CEO. If there is great progress on the project and there is good information is on the website, then they get a nice call from the CEO.

We needed a way for our different communities to easily collaborate. When the people of a community decide to transform a vacant lot full of trash into a community park, it works out better for everyone including the city. If people build the park themselves they will keep it clean because they are proud of it. If the city builds on its own, the park will likely not meet the needs of the surrounding people and it will deteriorate quickly if the city is responsible for maintenance.

Bloomfire review by Lisa G.
Lisa G.

"A solid choice for smaller teams"

What do you like best?

Bloomfire stores knowledge like a card in an index file. Each piece of information stands alone and then it adds powerful search features so that you can find all of those bits of information. The ability to group cards into a series really gives you the ability to focus the tool to enhance other forms of training.

I also very much like Bloomfire's deployment. Being able to meet with one person who can offer insight on how best to utilize the software is very helpful and avoids a lot of the mistakes that are common when you first implement a new tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way categories behave when you have multiple groups defined. I also dislike the default html editor. I am importing a lot of technical knowledge and the html editor formats my text oddly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did a traditional software selection process. We defined our requirements including what we had to have and what would be nice but we could live without. Then a team member surveyed a number of products and narrowed down to a couple that might suit our needs. We took advantage of Bloomfire's willingness to demo the software for us on multiple occassions and to multiple audiences. We compared features with other products. By the time we selected Bloomfire, we had significant buy in from everyone on the team that this would be a good tool for us to use. I believe that buy-in is more important than feature set. We also had a good definition of success -- which is 75% buy in. Bloomfire clearly stood out as our best option.

We are a small team who need a knowledge base internally. Although Bloomfire is a powerful tool to have customer facing, we are using it primarily to keep track of our institutional knowledge and as a training tool for new employees. We haven't gone live yet, but we already have the benefit of thinking about our data and how to structure it to provide a pleasant and productive experience when using the tool.

Bloomfire review by Deanna D.
Deanna D.

"Bloomfire for easy knowledge sharing"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Bloomfire is a tie between the clean visual layout and the built in analytics!

What do you dislike?

I'd really like more autonomy on what analytics I see, and how they are displayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Bloomfire can be an awesome choice, but it's really important to have management buy-in and support. If your organization is large like ours, getting full participation may take a lot of time and effort, and it is really important to leverage social connections to improve participation.

Our group does not currently have an LMS, and when we'd run accross information that might be beneficial to the organization, the only method of sharing said information on the fly was to email it out. Invariably, emails get lost in the shuffle, and can be hard to find on demand. Bloomfire allows us to tag important information with meaningful tags, and lets our users search and find them with ease.

Bloomfire review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"Great product with a subpar API"

What do you like best?

The best part of Bloomfire is the organization. It allows for simple access to information for all members of our support team. The groups and topics allow us to use a region for each group and make sure the relevant experts in that region are alerted whenever something in their subject matter is going on.

What do you dislike?

Copying posts via the API is impossible, and the documentation around the content API is shoddy at best. The API often has issues with "content", as you have to directly interface with Amazon S3 which seems insane to me. The best idea there is to allow an endpoint yourself where you accept a file and deal with your own Amazon S3 in the back end of the API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In all honesty, the best recommendation is to reach out to Bloomfire for help as often as possible. Though sometimes Bloomfire support takes some time to get back to you, it's easier than trying to trudge through the API documentation.

We are solving the issue of getting comms out to our agents as quickly as possible. Through an API integration and some permissions "cheats", we've been able to do this and bring a lot of info out to partner offices much faster. Unfortunately, since we weren't able to copy posts, we could only cross-publish. This means that we have a lot more admins in the system than necessary so they can edit the posts we cross-publish.

Bloomfire review by Amy W.
Amy W.

"Great resource for sales teams"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to have a live content accessible within a controlled environment. We use it as a training resource mostly; sales teams will always have turnovers we needed an interactive environment to address all levels of seniority. We also use Bloomfire to share articles that keep everyone up to date within our vertical. I appreciate notifications regarding comments and updates too. The use of groups within our subscription has proven valuable too: we can share specific to content according to hierarchy. Also, tags make navigating the library we have built much more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I would say that while tags are helpful, they are not error-proof. User error can make an article get lost amidst the sea of content we have built. I still think editing outside of the UI and uploading is easier than editing within the UI. I appreciate the updates over the years to make adding links and such easier.

We are solving resource and training issues with Bloomfire. Our team has created courses with reportable results that has helped tremendously. Admin features are invaluable. The benefits realized are up to date content sharing and discussions within a trackable environment. The Following feature helps teams stay up to date with more departmental matter too.

Bloomfire review by Jodi J.
Jodi J.

"My love for Bloomfire!"

What do you like best?

In the past, I have had trouble searching for documents in another program. Bloomfire is so easy to use, and spot on every time for what I search for. The search engine is quick and accurate which is important to us. I also like the app for the mobile phone. It is just as easy to use as the website. This is handy when out in the community working.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have not found anything I dislike. The program is easy to use to find documents or to publish documents. The search engine is quick and accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it! You will love it!

We have needed a location for our policies and procedure. We have realized this is a one stop shop to add all of our policies and procedures that is easily located by our employees. The employees are able to go on and search easily and quickly, and find what they need. Before, we could search a specific title, and it would not come up even though it was typed exactly as the title read. I also like the benefit of tagging a document for ease of use.

Bloomfire review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Bloomfire is a solid KM platform for medium sized teams"

What do you like best?

Search is amazing. Post display is very clean, and usage is straight forward. User friendly for admins, creators and consumers.

What do you dislike?

The linking system for "groups" is unintuitive. It creates separate URLs for each "post" in a group, and if a user is in multiple groups it isn't apparently WHICH group conversation / post version they are consuming. Also, if things change groups, etc, links are broken - ONE URL with a group filter for conversation would be a better design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate if the group structure works for you - this can be something tough to wrap your head around, but is something that could be useful with a different hierarchy. As with anything, determine your needs/wants and then decide on solutions that fit.

We had a lot of team tribal knowledge, process, etc, that needed to be organized to make our sales and merchant success teams more efficient.

Bloomfire review by Joshua R.
Joshua R.

"Great collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to bring together all of our customers and to have them collaborate among themselves and my team in an open forum area as well as private group areas.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app needs some work. It is not as intuitive for my customers as it could be. They also have a tendancy to make changes to the system that can easily confuse non tech types.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply do your research on their features to see if it meets the needs of your business.

It has helped us fill a big gap in customer collaboration. We have always needed an open forum that lets our customers cross discuss our platform and services and this allows us to let them communicate, ask questions, and share documents and other media types.

Bloomfire review by David O.
David O.

"All hail Bloomfire, our savior."

What do you like best?

Having the ability to access any sort of information about your company at your fingertips in one central hub, allows you and your organization to increase productivity, streamline processes, and prevent the loss of time.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning, it can get quite overwhelming knowing where and how to structure your company's knowledge base. This will be the biggest challenge.

Once you overcome this challenge, everything is a breeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

Begin by tackling ONE sector of your company at a time instead of trying to add everything in at once.

1- Onboarding new employees has never been easier and so seamless.

2- Instead of spending time looking on HOW TO do something, spend that time actually doing it.

3- Allowing your team to work like a well-oiled machine by empowering with the knowledge about your business.

Bloomfire review by Danica R.
Danica R.

"Bloomfire is a great tool for knowledge sharing"

What do you like best?

Bloomfire is versatile and intuitive. I appreciate the ability to adapt the structure and look of the platform to fit our use case. I also like that users are able to really interact with the platform without hand holding.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the versatility also serves as a barrier to success. In order to make the platform useful for a broad set of use cases, it sometimes isn't optimal for specific needs.

We utilize Bloomfire to support our sales organization. It has proven useful in increasing engagement among our sellers and content creators. The nature of our business also makes it difficult to identify who in the organization has the information being sought. The question feature has helped us to bridge that gap and also create a database of content for others.

Bloomfire review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Good Experience, would recommend"

What do you like best?

Very collaborative and helpful, simple, intuitive interface and good feature set. Easy to onboard users and adoption level was high. Pricing was transparent and fair. We reviewed many platforms and Bloomfire was the only one that had a great platform with just the right balance of features and an easy to understand site that would make onboarding our users a success.

What do you dislike?

Could make integration and white labeling easier. We had issues with some of the features we wanted to implement. Would have liked to have seen some of the roadmap items that were promised released sooner as this would make achieving our objectives more realistic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and company. Could be more flexible with integration but were helpful in making what was possible happen.

Great addition to my client's intranet/DAM/Knowlegebase allowing for collaboration and interaction with related organizations across North America. We saw great interaction right away and user adoption was fairly easy.

Bloomfire review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great team collaboration and centralized knowledge base"

What do you like best?

We use bloomfire for our internal knowledge base. We are a team of 30+ software consultants that needs a centralized location to manage our knowledge and thought leaderships to quickly solve our client's needs and lead them to best practices. Bloomfire helps us manage our dense knowledge base and allows new hires to access knowledge easily and quickly.

What do you dislike?

The hierarchy for series versus posts can be confusing for structuring content. The search on Bloomfire is amazing, but when you are trying to organize information in a very structured order, the series are your only approach. It would be great to have a hierarchy above series as a "parent" series to house a number of smaller series that each have individual posts.

We are systematizing how knowledge is digested and shared across the organization. We have seen a speed in questions answered and through gamification, we are able to increase the responsiveness and participation of our team with the content. It has improved how quickly information is accessed and used to solve our client's needs.

Bloomfire review by Paul-David M.
Paul-David M.

"Excellent community tool"

What do you like best?

Bloomfire is best for the ability to help communities keep in touch in both formal and informal ways! The user interface is a big plus, bringing a fresh look on communication tools. For example, we have stopped using the Salesforce Chatter function because we moved our communications to Bloomfire, which offers better storing and sharing capabilities.

What do you dislike?

The search feature can be slow at times and it doesn't always sort the results in the most efficient order. The page sometimes takes too much to load, making the process of retrieving the right post a bit harder than it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a community of users that you are looking to communicate with, choose Bloomfire!

I work as a Salesforce database administrator, so I have to also train people on how to use the platform. Bloomfire is the easiest way to provide offline support. I use the Bloomfire post I created each time I speak to one of our employees in the follow up, so they can have the written or visual part of the support available at anytime. We encourage our employees to leverage Bloomfire as much as possible. This way we make sure that we are not being asked the same question twice by the same user, because they will have access to the written post or the video on Bloomfire. This streamlines the support process and offers flexibility to the users as well.

Bloomfire review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Bloomfire, easy to setup, hard to get buy in"

What do you like best?

Bloomfire is Easy to upload content. Simply drag and drop for documents and they're there. Groups and Categories are easy to configure, and searches are straightforward.

The control of the main page is nice, we've added links for all our internal web-based tools for our staff.

Setup and Admin of the product were both easy.

What do you dislike?

Tag and Image management are a problem. They are definitely missing an image library so that authors can have easy access to current corporate graphics. Tags proliferate based on which user(s) are uploading content to the point that they lose much of their effectiveness. In general managing the content or controlling it are difficult and can require full-time engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the volume of content you will have to manage. Carefully consider whether your site will be internal or external.

We were hoping to consolidate information off of network drives and to get them onto a single searchable platform. Simply getting the business to upload their content and convert is the biggest difficulty facing the tool. Our benefits have been more limited than expected due to that issue.

Bloomfire review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Elegant, Efficient, Effective"

What do you like best?

The best part is the ability to do anything with a new article while also being extremely easy and accessible. Adding gifs, links, and graphs is a simple as dragging the icon to the page. The ability to search through the knowledge database has been extremely useful to our agents, as it allows a large library to be easily filtered through.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface looks a little plan with just the white background and black box outlines. Also, I wish there were more options in terms of email digests. The lack of timestamps on comment edits (or a symbol stating that something was edited) is also disconcerting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try testing out all of the different uploads within a doc and utilize the tagging as much as possible. There is such a thing as too few and too many tags, so try to make them appropriately specific AND general to allow both a large filterable knowledge base and also an easy way to find exactly what an agent is searching for. Try to have a good format in place for editors and posters to use. In addition, make sure to have a separate set of icons available to each article to help distinguish between different subsets of articles visually and easily.

We are solving the need to have a large amount of information accessible to a large workforce working varying hours. This has allowed us to disseminate information to those who might have missed it before and has decreased errors and repeated questions.

Bloomfire review by Jim B.
Jim B.

"Bloomfire - Practical Content Management for Many Use Cases "

What do you like best?

Simplicity, Robust Functionality, Affordability even for scale, Maturity.

Many content systems focus on solving the problems of one business function or use case. Bloomfire is useful for many common sales, marketing, training, HR, community business functions, users and their use cases.

Simplicity means general users can create web pages, insert documents of any kind from any online source or through upload. But it also manages links to articles. Pages can include images and video - even self-recorded webcam video.

Functionality means content can be organized for many purposes, grouped for specific audiences and communities. Beyond management, it's a full collaboration system to comment and request content assistance.

Affordability means you don't have to choose between (near) free generic platforms that you have to develop into usable applications, and expensive, fully functioning specialty applications. Bloomfire's business model fits in-between, with pricing designed to accommodate scale.

Maturity means these folks have been at this for awhile, and the system is robust, with feature enhancements well in the "nice to have" category, more than "must have".

What do you dislike?

I'm sure there are little nits that frustrate me. But I'm hard pressed to name them. I always like to see more robust tagging capability, because as content volume grows, search becomes so important.

I'd like to see delivery with tracking and notification included somehow. Pages can be public, and can be shared, but tracking requires users to be registered (paying) as part of the "community".

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system must be on your short list. Defining content use case requirements is part of our business. It's important to define specifically the use cases, and associated functionality, required of any of the many communication, content and collaboration systems that are available today.

We use this application for general content management, sales enablement, and training. Since it's fast and easy to add content to pages -- in many different ways -- it's easier to capture, file and tag 3rd party (articles or documents) as well as our own, into one central repository. We continue to put document files in Box (legacy) but use Bloomfire as a front end.

So this saves time curating and finding content assets. We find them easier, therefore use them more frequently than with Box or internal file storage. Content is now a real asset for us.

We also refer clients to Bloomfire when working on content operations projects.

Bloomfire review by Robert S. S.
Robert S. S.

"Bloomfire lover!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease in which you can post a contribution. We use Bloomfire for both internal company information as well as client facing ancillary support information.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more control over how the site sorted the information. I'd like to force position the contributions instead of have it based on use. Our clients need more structure to find exactly what they need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate if your team is going to be interactive. If yes then this is good. If not then you might consider a different platform. Bloomfire is easy to use, easy to post and easy to follow posts. If nobody is engaging then it's not worth the time.

We're solving the need for being able to answer generic questions from clients. The benefit is that instead of re-writing the same answer again and again, we can simply send a link to the solution or video.

Bloomfire review by Fernando M.
Fernando M.

"Excellent collective intelligence solution"

What do you like best?

I really like how posts are created and managed. When you create a post or entry, you can hide it, review it, make modifications, add collaborators, and then publish it again, seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

I would love a better search engine, sometimes things that are a great match, the search engine put that at the bottom of the results, that's weird.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be consistent, start creating content correctly from scratch, remember that the real value of this product, is its contents.

We publish commonly used documents, for internal purposes, which a really reusable and valuable to the people using them. It is a great repository for standard documents, and templates as well.

Bloomfire review by User in International Affairs
User in International Affairs

"Efficient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Bloomfire is incredibly easy to use and navigate. It's uncomplicated and information you're searching for immediately populates. If the information is not readily available, it's easy to pose a question to the entire company, or select individuals, so many people can benefit from the information and have it available for any future questions.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure there's actually anything I dislike. We've had a few small issues with outdated pieces that we've forgotten we've uploaded after a year or so, but I'm sure that's an easy fix if we take more time with Bloomfire.

We've always had issues with information sharing across teams in our company. As one of our teams is remote, there's an added difficulty. Bloomfire has been great as a place to house all necessary information and make it available to anyone within the company at any time.

Bloomfire review by Elayna H.
Elayna H.

"An innovative tool, integral to our team participation culture"

What do you like best?

Bloomfire has a sleek design which is very user friendly. The ease of learning the Bloomfire platform and navigating throughout is a great benefit.

What do you dislike?

There are seemingly small features that we have been asking for, but have yet to see progress made. The ability to transfer ownership of posts to another (existing or new) user is super important for team member succession and turnover.

The benefit we were seeking when we moved to Bloomfire is still the benefit we reap today: knowledge sharing. Bloomfire provides a way for our staff to access documents, search for content and ask/answer questions, across time zones and across the world.

Bloomfire review by Jenny H.
Jenny H.

"Love Bloomfire! "

What do you like best?

It's easy to use publish/edit and share information

What do you dislike?

The layout and how if you change the font/size of one thing it changes it for all of the page

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program and user friendly. It puts all your information right at your fingertips without having to spend hours looking for things. The search bar is very efficient.

Sharing of everyday processes is so much simpler - everyone can be looking at the same page with you and know exactly what is happening/when.

Bloomfire review by Lyly D.
Lyly D.

"Great product with easy navigation "

What do you like best?

Ease of content management. We like the tags and category feature for organization of the onboarding collaterals we provide for our customers

What do you dislike?

Unless registered, users cannot ask questions.

At Swept, we are looking for a way to booth engagement from users. A feed feature might be a great feature to see within Bloomfire.

Having training assets (how to articles and videos) available for our customers 24/7 is a key for our company's success. Bloomfire made that easy for us! Thank you!

In addition to that, we also use Bloomfire to keep our team informed of any updates. Works great for this too!

Bloomfire review by Summer X.
Summer X.

"Students experience"

What do you like best?

Bloomfire teaches you to build a real estate model step by step, which is very practical for students. There also have the document to download to help you study.They response your question very quickly.I really like to recommend to my friend.

What do you dislike?

It’s good for students to starting your modelling skills.However, when you go to the industry,there aren’t enough vedios to go to the high leverl modelling skills.

Valuation. Land residual methods development modelling

Bloomfire review by Jeff M.
Jeff M.

"Two Platforms in One!"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and user interface is clean and engaging

Mobility via App

Flexibility for lots of use cases

What do you dislike?

Lots of decisions to make on how to organize the data for the knowledge pieces. It's not Bloomfire's fault -- just a necessity

Operational efficiency and Employee Productivity

Bloomfire review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Intuitive and useful"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the interface. Most users can post and ask questions without being trained on the program, allowing information to be shared easily. It's very simple to add documents, pictures, and videos to posts. I love that it reflects tools users are comfortable with from social media: high fives for content you like, tags, and profile pictures.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but I'd like to see more options for tagging and attaching media in the comments, as that's sometimes where the real answers are found.

We use bloomfire as a forum for process related questions. Branches across the nation can interact and share questions and information. Trainers and corporate users are able to post updated content and answer questions so that the entire company can be on the same page with the latest information.

Bloomfire review by User in International Affairs
User in International Affairs

"A functional platform for information sharing"

What do you like best?

It's an easy to use platform to share documents between a team. I like that you can ask questions and suggest a post to someone, which makes it more interactive than just a place to keep docs (like google drive).

What do you dislike?

Documents can be hard to search for if you don't remember what they are called (can't search by keywords).

It allows our company to share data between employees and direct people towards one centralized place where information can be found. It saves HR supervisors time by not having to answer individual questions from employees, but rather direct them to a resource where they can find all the information they need.

Bloomfire review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Bloomfire help one to collaborate with others."

What do you like best?

Ease of posting. You can drag and drop icons to links, files, images, or video.

What do you dislike?

Material not organized. When you sign on, you get a feed of recent posts, but no way (other than searching) to find topics you are interested in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a sort of combination of Facebook and LinkedIn and Academia.edu. You can use it however you like, as it is very flexible.

We can collaborate and communicate easily without having to bother anyone in particular. It makes our work more pleasurable and us more productive.

Bloomfire review by Anna M.
Anna M.

"Wonderful interface for sharing documents and training materials!"

What do you like best?

We use Bloomfire for many purposes within our community. The main one we use it for is preparing video tutorials, trainings and documents to share with our colleagues in the US and India. The platform works extremely well and helps us to create a community across continents.

What do you dislike?

Not really that much that I dislike, but it is hard to remember the different domain names for the different Bloomfire communities we have. It wold be great to have a way to easily locate your organization's various Bloomfire communities.

We are documenting our processes and sharing training materials across continents. Additionally, we use Bloomfire to onboard new employees to ensure they have the same training materials that are completed in the correct order. Such a powerful tool!

Bloomfire review by Executive Sponsor in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Executive Sponsor in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"A wiki that's a wiki and not anything else. "

What do you like best?

It's a Wiki. I evaluated about 5 "wikis" and they were all trying to be something else. Some were trying to be Asana and slack at the same time. Bloomfire spent better time by trying to make the best wiki they can. The simplicity and the power of the search mechanism make this an amazing tool.

What do you dislike?

Takes a minute to figure out how to add links, files to the posts. Sometimes admin setting is confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's intuitive and they know what they are doing. Also, do the 20 day trial. You'll learn so much in that time period. I had mine up and running in a week.

Centralizing knowledge. Saving time by not answering off the cuff questions all day.

Bloomfire review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Bloomfire"

What do you like best?

The ability to share ideas and successes across an organization is great. Also it allows individuals to show case their work and helps to enhance knowledge of the team.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really noticed anything that I could say that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for those who are in the field in a sales capacity.

Problems in our industry come from not knowing where to go for some. Sharing on bloomfire helps open eyes to new ways and customers.

Bloomfire review by Timour S.
Timour S.

"The champions of knowledge sharing"

What do you like best?

User-friendliness, UX, the customer service!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it lacks the flexibility to integrate specific needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have very specifics requirement, check before hand that bloomfire can cover it and you will be all set.

Breaking silos within the organization, connecting experts and sharing knowledge.

Bloomfire review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"A great way to strengthen your professional community!"

What do you like best?

We love the way that Bloomfire enables us to maintain a sense of open communication and education with our staff.

What do you dislike?

I would love it if the means of editing the portal layout was a little more user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of your Bloomfire representative's expertise!

We have thoroughly enjoyed a chance to have out training materials easily accessible in one place for our staff. We are attempting to bridge the gap between upper management and the service crew.

Bloomfire review by Patrick H.
Patrick H.

"Its majesty is its simplicity!"

What do you like best?

The User Interface is is amazingly intuitive, and the whole system is so easy to use. Bloomfire is not overly complicated. The best thing is that our support staff can easily find information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we are only using it for our internal knowledgebase. I wish we could use it for everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for internal customer support

We use Bloomfire to capture knowledge and to consolidate files. We now have a centralized knowledge source for all of our support staff. This allows quicker access to answers.

Bloomfire review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Easy to use program for searchable database"

What do you like best?

Easy of editing of this program is key to success.

I like how easy it is to input different sources and adjust the content in it. No matter what source it is coming from we have a way to input the information in a searchable format.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how graphic heavy it is. As this is being used as an internal search engine I don't feel that while searching we always need graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly. This system is easy to learn and add and adjust information into.

We are using Bloomfire as an internal database that can be searched for information that may have been sourced in many different areas prior.

Learn more about Bloomfire

Bloomfire Videos

Learning about Bloomfire?

* We monitor all Bloomfire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.