Bluebeam Revu

Bluebeam Revu is a PDF creation and markup tool.

Work for Bluebeam Revu?

Learning about Bluebeam Revu?

Bluebeam Revu Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 128 Bluebeam Revu reviews
Bluebeam Revu review by <span>Amit R.</span>
Amit R.

"Bluebeam Revu for the Win"

What do you like best?

User-friendly GUI, Design & Construction Tools, Smart search, Measurement tools, Bluebeam Studio Session, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. It's a great software to use, even to simply read PDF documents. It's my default PDF viewer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Bluebeam is far more user friendly than other PDF-editing software in the market.

Working in the Building & Construction industry, Bluebeam offers great set of tools to ensure collaboration. We often use the Bluebeam studio session to conduct Quality Control/Quality Assurance tasks, which allows people from remote offices to login and work on the same document at the same time. For big projects, this is a great tool to collaborate not only within your company but also with other consultants. It's smart search feature (e.g. you can search by a snapshot) allows us to look for things even in a scanned version of a drawing, which is a great time saver. In addition, we can work with the vector-based measuring tools in Bluebeam which allow a great level of accuracy when marking up specific items.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bluebeam Revu
Bluebeam Revu review by <span>Kam M.</span>
Kam M.

"Never knew there was such a powerful app that could assist with pdf usability."

What do you like best?

Increased our productivity dramatically.

What do you dislike?

Don't have time to learn more of the capabilities of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product was recommended to us and we were at first a little skeptical but once using it with one license we added more licenses. Initial license was more than we wanted but the ongoing maintenance is okay. It's definitely paid for itself in our case.

I utilize it to manipulate and annotate PDF documents. Our construction drawings, accounting doc, etc are primarily PDF and I can easily annotate, stamp, extract pages, insert new pages and generally manipulate PDFs to my hearts content. I use the measurement tools on drawings. It easily converts jpeg to pdf simply by dragging them in. It's just made so many of our every day tasks so much easier. Those in the office that use the standard PDF development apps want this instead because it's designed to be pretty intuitive.

What Construction Management solution do you use?

Bluebeam Revu review by <span>Allyson K.</span>
Allyson K.

"Amazing Product"

What do you like best?

I use this product for PDF manipulation almost daily. At first the product is little difficult to use, but there are many online resources to show you how to easily accomplish what you need. I like that you can convert a pdf to excel as I often need to collect data from pdfs. I also use the measurement tool often to determine location of certain aspects in engineering plans.

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn't too friendly, but the online resources are helpful. A lot of the icons on the main page are not truly indicative of what the icon does. Also I find that if you accidentally lose a banner item, it could be hard to get it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do any sort of PDF manipulation, this is the product for you.

Can cut out pages of a pdf or add pages to a pdf very easily. Can also add electronic signatures to documents.

Bluebeam Revu review by <span>Ben C.</span>
Ben C.

"Incredible Program"

What do you like best?

So easy to use, and so many useful functions. I use this program everyday. I couldn't work without it.

I use this program everyday, to look/edit/measure drawings. When I receive a large spec book, or contract, I also use the OCR function to make the file searchable. That saves me so much time. I no longer have to dig through pages to find anything.

They also have great free, and short training videos. I use them all the time to learn a new function.

What do you dislike?

With so many different functions, it can be daunting. I have been using this program for over three years, and still continue to learn new things.

Bluebeam studio is a great part of the product as well. But they need to streamline, and make it more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program. I could not do the work I do without it. The iPad version is also great. My team in the field uses it everyday as well.

I work in construction, and this is great for doing estimates/take-offs. I can customize everything, and assigns values. Also great to scan and then search contracts, and project specififcations

Bluebeam Revu review by <span>Andrew S.</span>
Andrew S.

"Positive Bluebeam Revu Experience in Design"

What do you like best?

I think Bluebeam Revu is easy to use to navigate and manage PDF files. I’m design, I am producing drawing sheets in Autocad and constantly needing to combine and re-order sheets in files, and this makes it easy and efficient. I also like the auto-scaling dimension feature and how simple it is to mark up files.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is probably not fair because it’s a feature that is included in Bluebeam Extreme (form editing). I wish it was included in Bluebeam Revu because of how it is included in its competitor (Adobe Pro).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Bluebeam Revu to design firms and contractors alike. I started using it while working for a general commercial contractor and am now using it at a consulting firm. This software has features that are useful for both 'sides of the fence'. If you absolutely require a form editing feature, Bluebeam Extreme has that, but unfortunately not Revu.

Business-wise, this product provides features and both our design team and clients can appreciate. This includes Bluebeam Studio which is essentially a cloud collaboration and file sharing tool. This has huge potential (which I am still trying to convince my company to utilize).

Bluebeam Revu review by <span>Kayla E.</span>
Kayla E.

"Bluebeam Revu Review"

What do you like best?

Our company utilizes Bluebeam Revu as our default PDF program. It is very useful when looking CAD drawings and has a lot of great tools that you can utilize to mark-up the document like highlighting, linking to other documents, and adding comments. The guys out onsite are also able to use it on their iPads which is something that has been life changing for our industry.

What do you dislike?

The one things about Bluebeam is that it is not very intuitive. There is SO much you can do with the program that you would definitely need to undergo training in order to properly utilize it. It also has some trouble loading large files and sometimes freezes up. A work around that I have discovered is if you are working with larger files that are saved on your company's server, to save the document on your desktop and work in Blubeam from there and then later go back and save it to the server.

We use Blubeam Revu to view, edit, and manipulate documents, drawings, plans, and specs. We are slowly moving away from hard copy drawings/documents and making everything electronic which makes things so much more accessible to everyone in the business. It also allows for better communication for those who are out on site with those who are in office and allows real time edits and markups to be made and seen instantly.

Learning about Bluebeam Revu?

* We monitor all Bluebeam Revu reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.